PDA

View Full Version : Key Points to beating the Raiders...

BroncoDoug
12-19-2009, 10:16 PM
alright, enough of this Hillis stuff, we have a game tomorrow.

I think we need to get to Frye early, rattle him a little.

Need to establish the run. Marshall getting the record was good and all, but we need to run in down their throats first, it will open up the play action more obviously.

Throw the ball on 3rd and short, I mean, you, me, the Raiders, and the whole country knows we are going to run it straight up the middle on 3rd and short, surprise some people, actually get the first down.

DISCUSS

Oh, and to ensure 500 responses....Hillis.
http://themilehighsalute.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/peyton_hillis_1.jpg

tsiguy96
12-19-2009, 10:22 PM
last year hillis had a weird handoff/fumble on the goal line that set off the chain of events to us getting blown out at home. partly cutlers fault, i dont remember 100% but it may have been some weird option/handoff thing that get botched.

none of that this year please...

broncocalijohn
12-19-2009, 10:30 PM
Key point is not to lose. This is probably the most important. When you think about it, you just dont want to lose. You dont lose, you win. A win is better than a loss. If you lose, you didnt follow the main point and that is not to lose. You dont lose, you followed the direction to this game. The point of this game is not to lose. Do that, you have succeeded. You dont need many points. I have just one. It wraps them all up. Just dont lose the Mother****ing game. Have I made this one point. If not, I can repeat it.

SouthStndJunkie
12-19-2009, 10:30 PM
Don't let Frye get into a groove early and gain confidence.

Denver needs to establish the run and then work off that to distribute the ball in the passing game....time to get guys like Eddie Royal and Tony Scheffler involved.

No big mistakes on special teams.

Bronco Bob
12-19-2009, 10:35 PM
Key to winning is to score more points than the Raiders and keeping them from scoring more points than us.

Paladin
12-19-2009, 10:42 PM
You guys need new material. Those lines came from a very early production of the Three Stooges in "The White Hankie and the Thin Man".....

ghwk
12-19-2009, 10:43 PM
Key point is not to lose. This is probably the most important. When you think about it, you just dont want to lose. You dont lose, you win. A win is better than a loss. If you lose, you didnt follow the main point and that is not to lose. You dont lose, you followed the direction to this game. The point of this game is not to lose. Do that, you have succeeded. You dont need many points. I have just one. It wraps them all up. Just dont lose the Mother****ing game. Have I made this one point. If not, I can repeat it.

I'd appreciate it if you'd repeat that some more and while you are at it why don't you mention Hillis since he's only come up once in this thread. :rofl:

BroncoDoug
12-19-2009, 10:47 PM
last year hillis had a weird handoff/fumble on the goal line that set off the chain of events to us getting blown out at home. partly cutlers fault, i dont remember 100% but it may have been some weird option/handoff thing that get botched.

none of that this year please...

yeah, last year was one of the games where Cutler was rumored to be severely hung over, and started off crap. That fumble was a shotgun draw play thing if i remember... I've tried to forget most of that game.

broncocalijohn
12-19-2009, 10:59 PM
I'd appreciate it if you'd repeat that some more and while you are at it why don't you mention Hillis since he's only come up once in this thread. :rofl:

Ok, let me try it this way.

If you give the ball to Hillis, that means we are winning. Winning by a ton. Ton doesnt mean 2000 points, but it will be enough to put Hillis in. He will have the ability to score more on top of that ton. He is white, he is the man. The MAN. Yes, the man that will come in during the 4th quarter and ask yourself, this is the type of guy that needs to put the finishing touches on a game. A game where you are way ahead and you are acting like McD is taking off the gas pedal, but it isnt. Hillis, the White back from Arkansas, is actually the guy who runs up the score when it looks like we are running out the clock. Yes, that Hillis. Hillis who makes many here at the Mane say, "Hixon?" or "Jack MF Who?" He is the point. The point where in 20 years you will look at his stats and say, "What happened to him? Why so many yards and great average, but not much play." That is where you blame Orton and not scoring enough. You blame McD for not keeping Cutler because that is when the Man, known as one simple word (Hillis), made us be able to start 50 pages of Man-love for him. Forget the fact that Cutler threw a crappy throw that our hero had to give 110% to receive. NO! He needs to be remembered. How? How the **** would I know (you will notice a period after this and not a question mark because it is really a statement). "Is there a point to this, John?" someone might ask. If you cant figure it out on your own, you just arent a fan of the man. I meant The MAN. And that is my point to winning the game vs Raiders.....I think.

atomicbloke
12-19-2009, 11:13 PM
Ok, let me try it this way.

If you give the ball to Hillis, that means we are winning. Winning by a ton. Ton doesnt mean 2000 points, but it will be enough to put Hillis in. He will have the ability to score more on top of that ton. He is white, he is the man. The MAN. Yes, the man that will come in during the 4th quarter and ask yourself, this is the type of guy that needs to put the finishing touches on a game. A game where you are way ahead and you are acting like McD is taking off the gas pedal, but it isnt. Hillis, the White back from Arkansas, is actually the guy who runs up the score when it looks like we are running out the clock. Yes, that Hillis. Hillis who makes many here at the Mane say, "Hixon?" or "Jack MF Who?" He is the point. The point where in 20 years you will look at his stats and say, "What happened to him? Why so many yards and great average, but not much play." That is where you blame Orton and not scoring enough. You blame McD for not keeping Cutler because that is when the Man, known as one simple word (Hillis), made us be able to start 50 pages of Man-love for him. Forget the fact that Cutler threw a crappy throw that our hero had to give 110% to receive. NO! He needs to be remembered. How? How the **** would I know. "Is there a point to this, John?" someone might ask. If you cant figure it out on your own, you just arent a fan of the man. I meant The MAN. And that is my point to winning the game vs Raiders.....I think.

Did the bartender at Mulligans tell you that you are a freaking genius?

ghwk
12-19-2009, 11:13 PM
Now THAT is a Hillis post. Well done!LOL

broncocalijohn
12-19-2009, 11:18 PM
Did the bartender at Mulligans tell you that you are a freaking genius?

You remember the scene in Wizard of Oz where the Scarecrow gets his knowledge and starts popping off some math equation? That is how I felt when gwhk gave me the keys to the Lamborghini Hillis.

brncs_fan
12-19-2009, 11:20 PM
Coach Josh McDaniels stated in his press conference yesterday that Hillis’ role has not changed and that he will put the best players on the field every week that give them the chance to win. When asked how he felt about the possible reaction on Orangemane he commented that he could care less about a “mother****ing message board.” When pressed to elaborate he smiled and said that they “we’re just trying to win the mother****ing game.”

Experts are unsure as to what role Hillis’ playing time or lack there of will have on the posters of the Orangemane, but most of them do agree that the rest of the world couldn’t really give a ****. Furthermore, they also believe that while message boards do make people more savvy, it doesn’t always mean they know what the hell they are talking about and should leaving the coaching to the actual coaches.

Link: www.ijusttotallymadethisupandthislinkisnotgoingota keyouanywhere.com

atomicbloke
12-19-2009, 11:25 PM
Do folks realize that tomorrow's game is the first "must-win" of the season?

If we lose tomorrow, we'll be on the outside looking in on the playoff race. If we lose, we'll need other results to go our way to make the playoffs.

Heck, tomorrow's game is like a playoff game. But I see no such atmosphere buildup here. It reminds me of the buildup to the Bills game last year and the 49ers game a few years ago.

broncocalijohn
12-19-2009, 11:28 PM

If we lose tomorrow, we'll be on the outside looking in on the playoff race. If we lose, we'll need other results to go our way to make the playoffs.

Heck, tomorrow's game is like a playoff game. But I see no such atmosphere buildup here. It reminds me of the buildup to the Bills game last year and the 49ers game a few years ago.

I think the naysayers of the 2009 team had every game a "must-win" so they can mouth off if we lost. Yes, comparing last year to this year would mean that tomorrow's game is huge. Pretty much getting a monkey off of our backs.

brncs_fan
12-19-2009, 11:29 PM

How can we possibly focus on the actual game when Hilllis is not starting?

iDENVER
12-20-2009, 12:00 AM
im going to be bold here and say the key is to have more points than the other team at the end of the game..:thanku:

BroncoDoug
12-20-2009, 12:12 AM
im going to be bold here and say the key is to have more points than the other team at the end of the game..:thanku:

that is usually the best way to win...but you can never be too sure

Bronco Bob
12-20-2009, 12:15 AM

But equally as important is the other team must have LESS points than our team.

This means both the offense and the defense are doing their jobs.

lex
12-20-2009, 12:41 AM
I think the big key is turnovers and 3rd downs. I worry that Frye will end up completing about 50% of his passes but it will seem like more because his completions will come as 8 and 9 yard completions on, say, 3rd and 7. On the flip side, our offense also needs to stay on the field and that means converting 3rd downs. Oakland has a decent defense...good enough to hang around if we dont perform well on 3rd downs. This also becomes important because its a cold air game being played at high altitude. The defense being able to get off of the field on third downs and the offense being able to stay on the field by converting third downs is a good way for their lungs to hurt.

Also, as always, turnovers are one way to give the game away.

Bronco Yoda
12-20-2009, 12:55 AM
The Raiders have a strong list of Runners. That's what we'll need to stop.

Ugly Duck
12-20-2009, 02:07 AM
Key Points to beating the Raiders...

Forcing Off-the-Marcus to come off the bench & start taking snaps.... thats the keyest point there is to beating Oakland....

sisterhellfyre
12-20-2009, 03:26 AM

Good Lord. Right up until the MF-bomb, I would have sworn I heard John Madden say this word-for-word. It's time to run some barbed wire up my nose to clean out my brain.

The Joker
12-20-2009, 06:22 AM
Play a clean game on offense, no stupid penalties/turnovers and convert a respectable percentage of 3rd downs.

If we play a good, solid game, then we'll win.

Blart
12-20-2009, 06:52 AM
Peyton Hillis

BroncoBuff
12-20-2009, 08:01 AM
http://themilehighsalute.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/peyton_hillis_1.jpg

BRONCOS REAR-VIEW MIRROR: Hillis and Hamilton

HEAV
12-20-2009, 10:21 AM
Key Points to beating the Raiders...

The QB must go down and he must go down often! Broncos front seven must destroy the Raiders O-line.

On offense it's about the "Other" receivers today. Nomdi will cover one on one, we all know that, so move Marshall around (Decoy) and use the tight-ends and Gaff across the middle.

Run the ball effectively! Oline needs to step up with the run blocking and make a statement.

As with any game the key to win is get turnovers, limit your own and control the line of scrimmage and clock.

No let downs! Play hard and leave it on the field! Don't under estimate the Raiders! Get them down and keep them there!

Hulamau
12-20-2009, 11:51 AM
Royal to have a big day today.. Marshall will get some and make a few plays, but likely will mainly be taking Asomuhga out of the game.

Bronco Warrior
12-20-2009, 11:57 AM
Key to winning is to score more points than the Raiders and keeping them from scoring more points than us.
LOL:strong:

The Key to beating the Raiders would be...:welcome: Show up! lol

Bronco Warrior
12-20-2009, 11:59 AM
Marshall owns Asomugha! Namdi has one good year (8 ints.....That year Champ had 10 ints) and everybody thinks he's all that!

Pony Boy
12-20-2009, 12:22 PM
Royal to have a big day today.. Marshall will get some and make a few plays, but likely will mainly be taking Asomuhga out of the game.

I think they will double up on Marshall and then put Asomuhga on Royal or whoever is in the #2 slot. This should make it a big day for the TE's and screen plays. We will wear thier ass out ........

mhgaffney
12-20-2009, 12:44 PM
If McBean is starting -- no worries.

Bronco Warrior
12-20-2009, 01:08 PM
Cclady won't have the sampson dreads this time for Gay-Son Seymoure to pull on! You think Clady isn't gonna make him his Biatch today?

atomicbloke
12-20-2009, 02:49 PM
As it said it seems like the Bills and 49ers game.

The other results went our way, we had the playoffs gift wrapped to us.... and we are screwing this.....

Same old December Broncos...

lex
12-20-2009, 06:14 PM
I think the big key is turnovers and 3rd downs. I worry that Frye will end up completing about 50% of his passes but it will seem like more because his completions will come as 8 and 9 yard completions on, say, 3rd and 7. On the flip side, our offense also needs to stay on the field and that means converting 3rd downs. Oakland has a decent defense...good enough to hang around if we dont perform well on 3rd downs. This also becomes important because its a cold air game being played at high altitude. The defense being able to get off of the field on third downs and the offense being able to stay on the field by converting third downs is a good way for their lungs to hurt.

Also, as always, turnovers are one way to give the game away.

Not bad.

Bronco Yoda
12-21-2009, 03:01 AM
The Raiders have a strong list of Runners. That's what we'll need to stop.

I'm so pissed right now.

I feel like ranting, but what good would it do.

We saw today what power and speed can do in the running game. How it can cover up even the worst of QB's woes. Unfortunatly it was on the other sidelines.

It wasn't hard to see.

Whatever... I'm going to take a few days away from here.

I'm speechless at this point....