PDA

View Full Version : The Future of Jay Cutler....

baja
12-19-2009, 04:03 PM
What's your current take of Cutler's future? Poll coming.

UberBroncoMan
12-19-2009, 04:05 PM
THE FUTURE IS NOW!

Planeteers GO!

strafen
12-19-2009, 04:08 PM
It's going to be hard for him to adjust mentally and play the game with a mentality is not a sprint but a marathon.To try to score on every possession is fine, to force himself to score on every possession is another different story...

BroncoMan4ever
12-19-2009, 04:26 PM
i truthfully think he is out of football in the next 4 years. not because of health reasons, but simply because teams will get sick of waiting on the potential to finally show up and turn him into a great QB.

the Bears basically mortgaged the next 3 years(at least) to get him only for him to perform worse than any QB they have had in recent history that they felt wasn't good enough. it can't be said that there aren't already people in the Bears organization who regret the move big time.

his attitude pisses people off. teammates, coaches, and fans.

players will give more for a guy they trust and know will give everything he has even if he has far less athletic ability, than they will for an athletically gifted freak with a selfish, crybaby attitude.

the Bears are going to learn the hard way that athletic ability does not guarantee on field excellence. we were lucky to get out from the impending train wreck when we did.

Los Broncos
12-19-2009, 04:28 PM
Doesn't have that IT factor and has digressed every season.

Paladin
12-19-2009, 04:31 PM
There is no greater burden than to have (undeveloped) potential.

orange 4 life
12-19-2009, 04:49 PM
We need to sign Orton long term and watch this trade continue to become more and more one sided.
As it is many (myself among them) think Orton for crybaby STRAIGHT UP would've been a good trade for us, but throw in the picks (and the difference in salary between the two) and it's REALLY one sided.

Go Orton and Go BRONCOS!!!

azbroncfan
12-19-2009, 05:18 PM
He will be a bear for 3 or 4 more years then do the backup Kyle Boller deal for several years after. He will be known as Jeff George was his closest comparison.

rastaman
12-19-2009, 05:18 PM
I say the jury is still out. Remember, every QB needs a system and requires talent is key areas to be successful. I'm interested to see how Jay performs when he has an offensive coord. and QB coach that develops a system that allows Cutler to be successful, a consistent rushing attack and have the caliber of WR's that Manning, Brady, Breeze, Romo, and Orton currently have to throw to. Also, the Bears will need to improve the blocking and pass protection of their OL. And of course Cutler will benefit from playing alongside a better Defense.

Jay on the other hand in the off-season will need to work on not starring down his receivers, learn to not force the ball, stop throwing off his back foot or throw it way and just make better reads. And Cutlers receivers need to be on the same page with him as well.

Next season Cutler will show progress if he's only throwing 1 or 2 interceptions every other game. He can ill afford to have 4 or 3 interceptions in any given game next year.

If Cutler is still throwing 20 plus interceptions next season then (Then the Bears have a Problem").....then yes I must admit he doesn't have that IT factor, and won't be a Franchise QB in the NFL.

Bronco Yoda
12-19-2009, 05:19 PM
A very rich Jeff George. That's all he was after so it all good in Cutlers world.

underrated29
12-19-2009, 05:24 PM
He will be one of the premier Qbs inthe league. Also one of the premier Douches in the league too.

Captain 'Dre
12-19-2009, 05:25 PM
I believe Jay's future involves being a sales rep for a major douchebag manufacturer. Ha!

Bronco Yoda
12-19-2009, 05:26 PM
Cutler sucks

Captain 'Dre
12-19-2009, 05:27 PM
Doesn't have that IT factor and has digressed every season.

A cross between Jeff George and Ryan Leaf.

atomicbloke
12-19-2009, 05:29 PM
He will eventually have a Brett Favre like career. Maybe not as long, his team will always be one you have to account for.

rastaman
12-19-2009, 05:30 PM
i truthfully think he is out of football in the next 4 years. not because of health reasons, but simply because teams will get sick of waiting on the potential to finally show up and turn him into a great QB.

the Bears basically mortgaged the next 3 years(at least) to get him only for him to perform worse than any QB they have had in recent history that they felt wasn't good enough. it can't be said that there aren't already people in the Bears organization who regret the move big time.

his attitude pisses people off. teammates, coaches, and fans.

players will give more for a guy they trust and know will give everything he has even if he has far less athletic ability, than they will for an athletically gifted freak with a selfish, crybaby attitude.

the Bears are going to learn the hard way that athletic ability does not guarantee on field excellence. we were lucky to get out from the impending train wreck when we did.

If the bears want to fix the problem then you have to change what your doing and start rebuilding the offense. Folks are fooling themselves if they don't think major changes are coming. When Bowlen fired Shanny and hired McD changes were made in terms of offensive strategy and of course with the new DEF. Coord and switching from a 4-3 to a 3-4. And Denver is better for it.

I wouldn't discount the rumors that the bears are guaging interest in a few coaches already. Everyone said there was no way the bears would get cutler and they did. The Bears will need to replace Turner and Lovee to turn things around. You have to blow up both sides of the ball and get new blood on both sides.

No more special teamers no more guys you think you can coach up. You have to start getting it right on both sides. This front office will make the changes and will attempt to hire a premier coach for next season to get the team headed in the right direction. There is no way this organization is going to want to risk a back to back season like this.

Bronco Yoda
12-19-2009, 05:37 PM
Between the Childress's contract extension and Lovie sticking around, Cutler has them right where he wants them...lol

Gort
12-19-2009, 05:40 PM
his future has Oakland Raider QB written all over it.

Los Broncos
12-19-2009, 06:32 PM
A cross between Jeff George and Ryan Leaf.

So, Jeff Leaf is a good nickname.

Traveler
12-19-2009, 06:57 PM
[b]I say the jury is still out. Remember, every QB needs a system and requires talent is key areas to be successful. I'm interested to see how Jay performs when he has an offensive coord. and QB coach that develops a system that allows Cutler to be successful, a consistent rushing attack and have the caliber of WR's that Manning, Brady, Breeze, Romo, and Orton currently have to throw to. Also, the Bears will need to improve the blocking and pass protection of their OL. And of course Cutler will benefit from playing alongside a better Defense.

Except for the defense, Cutler had all those things you mentioned above here in Denver with Shanahan. Cutler only gets better if he loses the ego and accepts tough, critical coaching. Somethuings he would have gotten here with Coach JMFMcD.

rastaman
12-19-2009, 07:28 PM
Except for the defense, Cutler had all those things you mentioned above here in Denver with Shanahan. Cutler only gets better if he loses the ego and accepts tough, critical coaching. Somethuings he would have gotten here with Coach JMFMcD.

Points well taken. However, I'm still interested to see what Cutler can do with a RB that can rush for 1300-1600 yards. He never had that in Denver.

And to be honest with you I'm not completely sold that Bowlen and McD wanted Cutler to be a Bronco long term in the first place.

Things were happening behind the scenes btwn Bowlen-McD Cassel trade attempt or why would Bowlen have blessed McD to even entertain the idea in the first place. I can't imagine McD doing all this himself.

The last meeting btwn McD and Cutler after the Cassel trade attempt failed, McD treated Cutler in an antagonizing manner and basically came off with the attitude that he care whether he had Cutler in Dever long term. Cutler surely didn't feel wanted ......... so a trade demand was requested by Cutler and Bus.

Also, you gotta question why once the Cassel trade feel thru why did Bowlen wait over a month to get involve and quell the rumors, hostility and mis trust brewing btwn McD and Cutler.

WolfpackGuy
12-19-2009, 07:43 PM
He's no Peyton Hillis.

LOL

Just tryin to stay in the spirit of the season.

bombay
12-19-2009, 08:01 PM
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/G/GeorJe00.htm

Eight more years.

Man-Goblin
12-19-2009, 08:29 PM
I'd bet he'll make another pro bowl again, someday. Other than that, not much.

Ratboy
12-19-2009, 08:33 PM
I really couldn't care. We are in a playoff run and that is where my attention is.

being said, Jay Cutler needs coaching. If Shanahan could land in Chicago, I think Jay Cutler will look impressive again.

Has any Lovie Smith QB's looked good? He has a horrible offense, no matter which players you put in it, it's just awful.

Hogan11
12-19-2009, 08:44 PM
A very rich Jeff George. That's all he was after so it all good in Cutlers world.

Yup, that's my reading on it too...he's totally souless and has his big $$$ contract, so now it's just a matter of playing out the string without appearing to be too half-hearted about it.

Traveler
12-19-2009, 08:45 PM
Points well taken. However, I'm still interested to see what Cutler can do with a RB that can rush for 1300-1600 yards. He never had that in Denver.

And to be honest with you I'm not completely sold that Bowlen and McD wanted Cutler to be a Bronco long term in the first place.

Things were happening behind the scenes btwn Bowlen-McD Cassel trade attempt or why would Bowlen have blessed McD to even entertain the idea in the first place. I can't imagine McD doing all this himself.

The last meeting btwn McD and Cutler after the Cassel trade attempt failed, McD treated Cutler in an antagonizing manner and basically came off with the attitude that he care whether he had Cutler in Dever long term. Cutler surely didn't feel wanted ......... so a trade demand was requested by Cutler and Bus.

Also, you gotta question why once the Cassel trade feel thru why did Bowlen wait over a month to get involve and quell the rumors, hostility and mis trust brewing btwn McD and Cutler.

Neither you nor I really know what happen between Cutler, Bowlen, and JMFMcD. We can only speculate.

The only one to say JMFMcD was antagonistic was Cutler. I'll take what he said there with a grain of salt and speculate that when JMFMcD wouldn't commit to not trading him or to say Cutler was "his" QB, Jay got all emo and threw his tantrum.

spdirty
12-19-2009, 09:06 PM
who gives a ****. Till he proves differently he's nothing more than griese with a good arm. **** him. Hope he throws 4 more picks tomorrow.

broncocalijohn
12-19-2009, 09:49 PM
He will eventually have a Brett Favre like career. Maybe not as long, his team will always be one you have to account for.

Way too much credit. I took the third option but i think he will have some years like he had last year. Problem is that he might not have the "IT" factor to win games. He should have good and great years. You think he would but that "IT" is a big "IF". Has Popps voted yet?

Paladin
12-19-2009, 10:01 PM
Who needs 4000+ yards and an 8-8 season?

Chicago, that's who!!!!!

Yay!!!!!

Bronco Bob
12-19-2009, 10:04 PM
1, 3, and 4.

Popps
12-19-2009, 10:07 PM
Just kidding with my answer, Baja. It's always a good time for a little fun at Jay's expense.

broncocalijohn
12-19-2009, 10:32 PM
Just kidding with my answer, Baja. It's always a good time for a little fun at Jay's expense.

come on popps. Give us a real answer. Someone called you out for not voting in threads so now I always look for you. That is an easy way out. We need the Popps vote.

atomicbloke
12-19-2009, 10:38 PM
come on popps. Give us a real answer. Someone called you out for not voting in threads so now I always look for you. That is an easy way out. We need the Popps vote.

Popps is not the kind to vote. That would mean backing up his stance and eating crow later if it truns out to be wrong.

By not voting, he can claim later that he thinks McD did a great job and he would be happy going 6-10.

BroncoMan4ever
12-19-2009, 11:29 PM
I really couldn't care. We are in a playoff run and that is where my attention is.

being said, Jay Cutler needs coaching. If Shanahan could land in Chicago, I think Jay Cutler will look impressive again.

Has any Lovie Smith QB's looked good? He has a horrible offense, no matter which players you put in it, it's just awful.

look impressive again? when has he ever looked like more than a guy with a ****load of potential but no ability or desire to put that potential together?

Shanahan had 3 years to try and get through to Cutler and was unable to do so. If Cutler won't listen to one of the greatest offensive minds of the last 25 years of the NFL, he isn't going to listen to anyone.

Killericon
12-19-2009, 11:47 PM
I'm gonna go ahead and say what's on the tip of everyone' tongue: Hillis needs Cutler, and Cutler needs Hillis.

BroncoBuff
12-20-2009, 01:35 AM
I'm gonna go ahead and say what's on the tip of everyone' tongue: Hillis needs Cutler, and Cutler needs Hillis.

I bet Shanahan trades for Hillis, wherever he lands.

azbroncfan
12-20-2009, 02:50 AM
Jay on the other hand in the off-season will need to work on not starring down his receivers, learn to not force the ball, stop throwing off his back foot or throw it way and just make better reads. And Cutlers receivers need to be on the same page with him as well.

Next season Cutler will show progress if he's only throwing 1 or 2 interceptions every other game. He can ill afford to have 4 or 3 interceptions in any given game next year.

How many years does the guy get? They have said that about him every year so far exactly what you said up there. He hasn't learned so far or even shown improvement so why would he all of the sudden now?

The Joker
12-20-2009, 05:15 AM
If he gets...

A premier offensive line.
A dominating running game.
Several elite receiving options.
A top 10 defense.
Coaches that really love and appreciate him.
No games played at night on the schedule.

Then I could see him being a serviceable QB for the Bears one day.

GeniusatWork
12-20-2009, 06:44 AM
I didn't vote because IDK. But I tend to agree w/option one and three.

titan
12-20-2009, 07:47 AM
I'm no Cutler fan but think if he gets the right coach and offensive personnel he still could be an impact qb in this league. May end up like a Jim Plunkett, who never lived up to his hype but won a SB in Oakland later in his career.

rastaman
12-20-2009, 08:31 AM
look impressive again? when has he ever looked like more than a guy with a ****load of potential but no ability or desire to put that potential together?

Shanahan had 3 years to try and get through to Cutler and was unable to do so. If Cutler won't listen to one of the greatest offensive minds of the last 25 years of the NFL, he isn't going to listen to anyone.

Every QB needs a system and talent on both sides of the ball. Think back to Steve Young and how he struggled in the NFL until he got to the 49ers. I'm sure he was written off a bust as well. Meanwhile he ends up in the HOF.

Shanahan has never come out and said pubicaly and said Cutler was unteachable, hard headed, and stuborn. I don't know where those allegations came from.

rastaman
12-20-2009, 08:33 AM
I'm no Cutler fan but think if he gets the right coach and offensive personnel he still could be an impact qb in this league. May end up like a Jim Plunkett, who never lived up to his hype but won a SB in Oakland later in his career.

Cutler still has a chance to have a Steve Young fairy book ending of his career and possible the HOF.

Captain 'Dre
12-20-2009, 09:01 AM

Brett Favre oozes leadership...

Jay Cutler oozes immaturity.

Captain 'Dre
12-20-2009, 09:03 AM
So, Jeff Leaf is a good nickname.

"Jeaf", for short. Ha!

azbroncfan
12-20-2009, 09:10 AM
Every QB needs a system and talent on both sides of the ball. Think back to Steve Young and how he struggled in the NFL until he got to the 49ers. I'm sure he was written off a bust as well. Meanwhile he ends up in the HOF.

Where do you get this crap? He played only one full year in Tampa and 5 games another year. He threw less INT's in Tampa (which were some of the worst teams ever) than Jay George has thrown just this year. He was never considered a bust and San Fran made a big trade for him. The more you post the more it shows you don't watch much football and are a fantasy football player.

baja
12-20-2009, 09:18 AM
Cutler still has a chance to have a Steve Young fairy book ending of his career and possible the HOF.

I agree he does have that chance but when you factor in his diabetes and his reckless life style relative to his disease and alcohol I think he has too much going against him to turn it around.

Bronx33
12-20-2009, 09:43 AM
I wonder if jay can beat the rat birds? and i say 3 picks and a fumble today.

underrated29
12-20-2009, 09:54 AM
lol man you guys are harsh.

As funny as it is, are all of you serious that you think he is a terrible QB?

I would have to say you are blinded by your hate if you are. But it is still really funny.

Bronx33
12-20-2009, 09:56 AM
lol man you guys are harsh.

As funny as it is, are all of you serious that you think he is a terrible QB?

I would have to say you are blinded by your hate if you are. But it is still really funny.

How did you come up with this wild sweeping acusation?

Muddled
12-20-2009, 10:05 AM
Really annoying having to root for this asshat today

Hogan11
12-20-2009, 10:09 AM
Really annoying having to root for this asshat today

I just can't do it...like my hatred for the Bengals is such that I can't actively pull for them either even though wins by both clubs help Denver's chances.

I'll just watch Denver win out and take care of it's own business instead.

baja
12-20-2009, 10:22 AM
Think back to the beginning of the Cutler trade and the vast number of people that irate & felt the Broncos were set back years by the trade. (Bowlen is gutless drunk or 15 inch dildo ramming Bowlen etc.)

I just looked at the poll numbers and there are only 8 voters out of 106 that now think Cutler has even a chance to maybe become a franchise QB in two years. How things have changed....

rastaman
12-20-2009, 10:54 AM
How many years does the guy get? They have said that about him every year so far exactly what you said up there. He hasn't learned so far or even shown improvement so why would he all of the sudden now?

Meh!......If Cutler was finishing his 10th year as a starter and still throwing 20plus interceptions then you would have a point. Its too early to write-off Cutler.:wiggle:

azbroncfan
12-20-2009, 11:03 AM
Meh!......If Cutler was finishing his 10th year as a starter and still throwing 20plus interceptions then you would have a point. Its too early to write-off Cutler.:wiggle:

10 years huh? He won't be a starter at this pace in 10 years and he may be out of the league. He hasn't improved during his 4 years. As a first year starter he led the league in bad decisions in the redzone with weapons and this year he still leads the league in bad redzone decisions. He still locks on to recievers and throws no matter what and throws off balanced.

rastaman
12-20-2009, 11:19 AM
10 years huh? He won't be a starter at this pace in 10 years and he may be out of the league. He hasn't improved during his 4 years. As a first year starter he led the league in bad decisions in the redzone with weapons and this year he still leads the league in bad redzone decisions. He still locks on to recievers and throws no matter what and throws off balanced.

Those deficiencies can be corrected. Just b/c you think otherwise doesn't mean everyone should be in agreement with you.

azbroncfan
12-20-2009, 06:42 PM
Those deficiencies can be corrected. Just b/c you think otherwise doesn't mean everyone should be in agreement with you.

If they haven't been in 4 years why should they give the bum 10? No other QB get's 10 why should Jay George? BTW he has 25 INT's on the year, I am sure you have some 5 year old excuse for that.

Circle Orange
12-20-2009, 06:59 PM
Now that I'm finally done shovelling, it's time to take my weekly cheap shot at Cutler. He's a hopeless, inaccurate headcase. http://scosoft.com/s/m/2d799bd0.gif Besides, fat old Ray Lewis ran him down. HAH! So much for speed.

Captain 'Dre
12-22-2009, 06:34 AM
Cutler still has a chance to have a Stevie Ray Vaughn ending of his career.

Edited for accuracy. Ha!