PDA

View Full Version : Bears' flight to Baltimore canceled

HEAV
12-19-2009, 09:14 AM
The Chicago Bears had hoped to get to Baltimore before the snowstorm arrived Friday but the team did not make it before its flight was canceled, according to the team's Web site. The team is scheduled to play the Ravens Sunday at M&T Bank Stadium.

The Web site says the team boarded its charter flight at O'Hare Airport late Friday but sat on the plane for two hours before it was canceled. The team's site says it will attempt to fly to Baltimore late Saturday.

The Ravens moved the originally scheduled 1 p.m. game to 4:15 p.m. Sunday in hopes of having more time to remove snow from the stadium and its parking lots. About 700 workers are staying at the stadium this weekend to remove the snow.

--------

Bears are so toast! :giggle:

The Joker
12-19-2009, 09:15 AM
It's tough, ya know.

bowtown
12-19-2009, 09:16 AM
One of Cutler's greatest strengths is his ability to throw interecptions in bad weather almost as well as he does in good.

Paladin
12-19-2009, 09:18 AM
I mean, yeah ......(get the F outta my face)....

I mean yeah, it's tough.....

Hogan11
12-19-2009, 09:22 AM
Meh, they weren't going to show up anyways, so what's a few hours delay.

TonyR
12-19-2009, 09:24 AM
In other Bears news...

Report: Lovie Smith is safe
Posted by Mike Florio on December 18, 2009 10:15 PM ET

Despite a 5-8 record and a third straight season of missed playoffs in a year of expectations much higher than that, Bears coach Lovie Smith will return in 2010, according to John Mullin of CSN Chicago. (Thanks for the tip, BlogdownChicagoBears.com.)

Citing "two highly placed individuals within the organization," Mullin explains that there will not be a change at the top of the organization, due in part to concerns regarding a work stoppage in 2011.

Mullin also explains that the team will likely be making no announcements in this regard, and that the proof will flow from the fact that Smith isn't fired when the season ends.

The report says nothing about the status of offensive coordinator Ron Turner. If he isn't fired, we recommend buying stock in any companies that sell pitchforks and/or torches in the greater Chicago area.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/18/report-lovie-smith-is-safe/

Los Broncos
12-19-2009, 09:25 AM
Did Cutler cry?

bowtown
12-19-2009, 09:26 AM
In other Bears news...

Despite a 5-8 record and a third straight season of missed playoffs in a year of expectations much higher than that, Bears coach Lovie Smith will return in 2010, according to John Mullin of CSN Chicago. (Thanks for the tip, BlogdownChicagoBears.com.)

Citing "two highly placed individuals within the organization," Mullin explains that there will not be a change at the top of the organization, due in part to concerns regarding a work stoppage in 2011.

Mullin also explains that the team will likely be making no announcements in this regard, and that the proof will flow from the fact that Smith isn't fired when the season ends.

The report says nothing about the status of offensive coordinator Ron Turner. If he isn't fired, we recommend buying stock in any companies that sell pitchforks and/or torches in the greater Chicago area.

"two highly placed individuals within the organization," = Jay Cutler and a guy in sunglasses and a mustache going by the name Cay Jutler.

WolfpackGuy
12-19-2009, 09:52 AM
Better get the Amtrak fired up

Rulon Velvet Jones
12-19-2009, 09:59 AM
Once, when I was marching drum corps, we warmed up 1/2 mile away from the show site and ran long on the warmup. We all sprinted to the gate, ran onto the field, and did the whole show with nothing left in the tank. Did you hear me whining about it? Hell yes, you did.

My point? I don't have one.

Find a better way to get to Baltimore or watch the weather report, you idiots.

Popps
12-19-2009, 10:01 AM
One of Cutler's greatest strengths is his ability to throw interecptions in bad weather almost as well as he does in good.

The story I'm getting is that Jay is the team's emergency pilot and flew the team to Baltimore himself.

The good news is, they got there rocket-fast!

The bad news is, they landed in DC.

UberBroncoMan
12-19-2009, 10:06 AM
I want the Bears to win... but I also want them to lose.

If Pitt is going to beat Balt then I want the Bears to lose.

... buuuuuuut, if that's not happening... yeah, we need a Bears win to guarantee a playoff spot at 10-6.

Rulon Velvet Jones
12-19-2009, 10:07 AM
I want the Bears to win... but I also want them to lose.

If Pitt is going to beat Balt then I want the Bears to lose.

... buuuuuuut, if that's not happening... yeah, we need a Bears win to guarantee a playoff spot at 10-6.

Eh, Denver is in the driver's seat.

Root for the Bears loss.

NYBronco
12-19-2009, 10:15 AM

The franchise will not use the weather as an excuse. :wiggle:

ludo21
12-19-2009, 10:20 AM
Im rooting for the Bears, I dont want any mishaps this year.

broncofan2438
12-19-2009, 10:21 AM
Cutler demanded that the team use another airline next year

BroncoDoug
12-19-2009, 10:32 AM
they are talking about pushing the game to monday

Rulon Velvet Jones
12-19-2009, 10:38 AM

Cool. I have nothing else worth watching on Monday night. A good Bears buttwhoopin' in the snow would be entertaining.

BroncoDoug
12-19-2009, 10:41 AM
Cool. I have nothing else worth watching on Monday night. A good Bears buttwhoopin' in the snow would be entertaining.

well, i'm not sure if they are going to show it on TV anywhere. there is also another little football game going on that night too... Monday night football... Giants AT Redskins...

DBruleU
12-19-2009, 10:47 AM
Did Cutler cry?

No, I heard they were still able to give him his Juice Box while they sat on the tarmac.

HEAV
12-19-2009, 10:56 AM

49ers @ Eagles game has been pushed back to 4:15pm also.

HEAV
12-19-2009, 10:59 AM
In other Bears news...

Plain and simple the McCaskeys are cheap and wont pay two head coaches for the same time frame. Lovie has a huge $ amount and to hire a legit coach is going to cost more $.

Bears got Cutler to sell tickets. :~ohyah!:

The Joker
12-19-2009, 11:15 AM
I hope they don't play at the same time as us, Cutler at the Ravens could be a lot of fun.

Could you imagine if they played it at night? He'd set records!

NYBronco
12-19-2009, 12:58 PM
The latest news (2:55 p.m. eastern) from ABC Baltimore, Maryland (WJZ) is the Bears are expected to fly out of Chicago at 8:00 pm tonight (Saturday).

TonyR
12-19-2009, 01:46 PM
Plain and simple...

rasta and bpc are not happy about this. They were sure Shanny and Cutler were going to be reunited and ride off into the sunset together and dominating the NFL for several years.

WABronco
12-19-2009, 01:52 PM
Shanny and lil Jay have been scheming for weeks now....even if Smith is retained Shanahan will volunteer his services free of charge. Then and only then will the full power of lil Jay be unleashed.

azbroncfan
12-19-2009, 01:58 PM
This is stupid why didn't they just fly early this AM or afternoon and if BWI was shut down why not fly to DCA or IAD or even PHL? Smells of an excuse to me.

lookin' glass
12-19-2009, 02:03 PM
So, the flight was intercepted by a snowstorm. That figures....

Florida_Bronco
12-19-2009, 03:46 PM
The story I'm getting is that Jay is the team's emergency pilot and flew the team to Baltimore himself.

The good news is, they got there rocket-fast!

The bad news is, they landed in DC.

:~ohyah!: :giggle: :rofl:

That's great, Popps. ^5

v2micca
12-19-2009, 03:48 PM
I will be at this game tomorrow. Its been snowing hard for the past 12 hours. City services aren't even really trying at this point as they can't keep up with how quickly it is coming down. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Florida_Bronco
12-19-2009, 03:50 PM
rasta and bpc are not happy about this. They were sure Shanny and Cutler were going to be reunited and ride off into the sunset together and dominating the NFL for several years.

Yep. It's pathetic isn't it?

elsid13
12-19-2009, 04:03 PM
This is stupid why didn't they just fly early this AM or afternoon and if BWI was shut down why not fly to DCA or IAD or even PHL? Smells of an excuse to me.

All the airports are closed. They might resume tomorrow. The beltway is closed in certain points due to the drifts and semis skidding all over the place

iDENVER
12-19-2009, 04:24 PM
im going to the Giants vs Redskins Monday night..should b a pretty interesting game with snow and all. who do we want to win lol?

Gort
12-19-2009, 04:33 PM

what? they can't play football in the snow now??

that is emo.

HEAV
12-19-2009, 04:49 PM
So, the flight was intercepted by a snowstorm. That figures....

Winner line of the thread! :spit:

Bronco Yoda
12-19-2009, 04:52 PM

Did they clear this with Jay Butthurt first?

bronco militia
12-19-2009, 05:10 PM
im going to the Giants vs Redskins Monday night..should b a pretty interesting game with snow and all. who do we want to win lol?

go giants

TonyR
12-19-2009, 05:13 PM
what? they can't play football in the snow now??

Perhaps you're kidding, but it's not about playing in the snow. It's primarily about the teams being able to get into town, and secondarily about the stadiums and parking being ready and the fans being able to get there. We don't get many big snowstorms out here so the infrastructure for handling big snows isn't as good as in cities like Denver, Chicago and Buffalo.

iDENVER
12-19-2009, 05:18 PM
go giants

is there a reason i want giants to beat skins ?

Los Broncos
12-19-2009, 05:36 PM
No, I heard they were still able to give him his Juice Box while they sat on the tarmac.

Impossible, to high in sugar.

azbroncfan
12-19-2009, 06:10 PM
All the airports are closed. They might resume tomorrow. The beltway is closed in certain points due to the drifts and semis skidding all over the place

IAD and BWI might be closed but like I said they should of flown in this AM as both were open or went to PHL or DCA. They could of been in early this AM and ready, now they are going to have to wait it out because of the winds and weather to clear. Guess it isn't too big of a deal to fly from ORD to those airports as it is a quick flight. The waiting game begins.

elsid13
12-19-2009, 06:33 PM
IAD and BWI might be closed but like I said they should of flown in this AM as both were open or went to PHL or DCA. They could of been in early this AM and ready, now they are going to have to wait it out because of the winds and weather to clear. Guess it isn't too big of a deal to fly from ORD to those airports as it is a quick flight. The waiting game begins.

Flight were canceled as of yesterday. Reagan is not a place you want to go into when they can not keep the single run way clean or having wind gust of 20 plus. The snow started last night as of 2000 and roads went to crap even though they were treated. This storm is going to be one of top 5 of all time in this region.

azbroncfan
12-19-2009, 06:52 PM
Flight were canceled as of yesterday. Reagan is not a place you want to go into when they can not keep the single run way clean or having wind gust of 20 plus. The snow started last night as of 2000 and roads went to crap even though they were treated. This storm is going to be one of top 5 of all time in this region.

There were flights in there today. They could of made it to all of them at one point and could of easily went to PHL or DCA. What do I know though I do it for a living and fly into airports that are consistently worse than what they got right now. BTW it's usually not the runways that close airports its the snow on the taxiways and ramps. Runways are usually the best part. Again what do I know though.

rastaman
12-19-2009, 07:30 PM

Yeah how disappointing. Oh well now you and I can sit back and enjoy the Orton-McDaniel's era and enjoy several trips the to the post season, AFC West Titles, and several SB victories and appearances over the next 6 years. We are living in high times.ROFL!

elsid13
12-19-2009, 07:34 PM
There were flights in there today. They could of made it to all of them at one point and could of easily went to PHL or DCA. What do I know though I do it for a living and fly into airports that are consistently worse than what they got right now. BTW it's usually not the runways that close airports its the snow on the taxiways and ramps. Runways are usually the best part. Again what do I know though.

There were limited flights today. This storm is once in decade for us here in DC area. We might be able to get dug out by Monday but I doubt it. I have been in horrible weather locations all my life and been forced to travel in condition that really suck, and this was bad one. The road slicked up faster then they could treat them and most area haven't even seen plows yet.

lex
12-19-2009, 08:50 PM
So snow is causing a conflict? Too ****ing bad! Does anyone remember this? http://www.nytimes.com/1997/10/27/sports/nfl-week-9-yesterday-s-games-shaking-off-snow-broncos-hang-on.html

Did Tagliabue cut the Broncos a break? **** the NFL!

HILife
12-19-2009, 09:00 PM
There were limited flights today. This storm is once in decade for us here in DC area. We might be able to get dug out by Monday but I doubt it. I have been in horrible weather locations all my life and been forced to travel in condition that really suck, and this was bad one. The road slicked up faster then they could treat them and most area haven't even seen plows yet.

Yea, it really sucks out here. Haven't seen this much snow in the area in years. I had to maximize this and play in the snow for a little bit.

Bronco Yoda
12-19-2009, 09:01 PM
Yeah how disappointing. Oh well now you and I can sit back and enjoy the Orton-McDaniel's era and enjoy several trips the to the post season, AFC West Titles, and several SB victories and appearances over the next 6 years. We are living in high times.ROFL!

We're going in the right direction and you know it.

BroncoDoug
12-19-2009, 09:18 PM
they made it to Baltimore

http://wnst.net/wordpress/nestoraparicio/2009/12/19/update-on-bears-snow-bwi-be-flexible/

broncocalijohn
12-19-2009, 10:28 PM

Awesome! Cutler is the worst QB in prime time. I love the pressure he puts on himself than fails as we all expect. That GB game and the 49ers game were brilliant masterpieces of the Frown Cannon. You also look like a genius when you tell everyone in the bar, "Dont worry about it. He will throw an INT once they get to the red zone!" Monday night..YES! We can then win and I will not have the pressure of rooting for the Bears...but I probably will.

Paladin
12-19-2009, 10:52 PM
Perhaps you're kidding, but it's not about playing in the snow. It's primarily about the teams being able to get into town, and secondarily about the stadiums and parking being ready and the fans being able to get there. We don't get many big snowstorms out here so the infrastructure for handling big snows isn't as good as in cities like Denver, Chicago and Buffalo.

Just put the damm snow in the ocean. You got one of those, right?

j/k. I understand the lack of infrastructure and the vehicles and scrapers and loaders to get it out. Plus the streets are narrow and I am sure it's a royal fug up. Nonetheless, you understand that most of us out here have already had a lot of snow and we will get much more. Some people want a good snow so they can go shopping......

BroncoDoug
12-19-2009, 10:58 PM
Awesome! Cutler is the worst QB in prime time. I love the pressure he puts on himself than fails as we all expect. That GB game and the 49ers game were brilliant masterpieces of the Frown Cannon. You also look like a genius when you tell everyone in the bar, "Dont worry about it. He will throw an INT once they get to the red zone!" Monday night..YES! We can then win and I will not have the pressure of rooting for the Bears...but I probably will.

well since they made it there tonight, the game is going to be played tomorrow at 4:15 ET

Bronco Bob
12-19-2009, 11:01 PM
is there a reason i want giants to beat skins ?

Revenge for them hurting Orton and causing us to lose the game, and losing to the Chargers the next week.

atomicbloke
12-19-2009, 11:10 PM
Revenge for them hurting Orton and causing us to lose the game, and losing to the Chargers the next week.

Giants winning could also help us out in the strength of victory tie-breaker

KipCorrington25
12-19-2009, 11:20 PM
It's just a perfect built in excuse for their level "9" fans when the lose once again.