PDA

View Full Version : Cutler Haters? Is this the week we have to "root" on the Bears?

phillybroncosnut
12-18-2009, 03:26 PM
A Baltimore loss really helps our playoff hopes if we slip up in 1 of our final 3 games. Most know, Baltimore holds the head to head tiebreaker with us since they beat us head to head. There are 5 teams fighting for the 2 wildcard spots. Broncos, Jags, Miami, Baltimore, and the Jets. Jags lost which helps. We really can't have Baltimore win out. If they do and we lose 1 of our final 3, Baltimore moves ahead of us.
I know, I know, we win the last 3, we are in. Handle our own business, yadda yadda. Thats all true but, it's nice to have a little breathing room should we stumble.

oubronco
12-18-2009, 03:29 PM
Go Cutlers!!!

cutthemdown
12-18-2009, 03:29 PM
It won't matter who we pull for. Bears no match for Ravens. If anything they should worry about Cutler getting plugged because IMO his oline can't protect him.

Paladin
12-18-2009, 03:55 PM
If the Broncos win Sunday, nothing will change. But the Philly game for the Broncos and the Pitt game for the Ravens should settle it out.....

But I think the Broncos will be either fifth or sixth. Does it really matter?

I refuse to root for the Bears. The Broncos will take care of themselves. I want the lower pick so that it can get better value when it gets traded............

NYBronco
12-18-2009, 04:01 PM
Go Bears and Jay!

Challenge yourself to zero red zone picks.

I shouldn't make it too tough for the franchise, just try not to throw any picks.

Peoples Champ
12-18-2009, 04:03 PM
hell ya, go bears, Ravens have the tie breaker with us, we need the bears to win bad

phillybroncosnut
12-18-2009, 04:05 PM
If the Broncos win Sunday, nothing will change. But the Philly game for the Broncos and the Pitt game for the Ravens should settle it out.....

I refuse to root for the Bears. The Broncos will take care of themselves. I want the lower pick so that it can get better value when it gets traded............

I thiink this week matters more then any other. If we win, and Ravens lose, we will be 2 up on them with 2 to play. I dont see how its possible for us to blow the last week at home against KC. If we do, we dont deserve it anyway.

Go Bears

I'll sacrifice a couple draft slots next year, for a playoff spot this year.

Bronco Yoda
12-18-2009, 04:08 PM
Screw Jay!

Screw the Bears!

Screw the Ratbirds!

Jay throws 6 Picks and the Bears and Ratbirds bloody each other into a TIE!!!!!!!

TheDave
12-18-2009, 04:27 PM
Nope... 10-6 gets us in the playoffs, and if we can't beat the raiders and chefs at home then we don't deserve to be there.

So as far as I'm concerned... not enough bad can happen to the bears.

#8 here we come... :thumbs:

broncofan2438
12-18-2009, 04:27 PM
I was thinking the same thing here. I just cant see myself pulling for the Bears and Cutler........but I would love to see the Ratbirds loooooose!

Hogan11
12-18-2009, 04:45 PM
You cannot depend upon Cutler to do anything other than throw a pick.

Watch the Bears lose by double digits.

Popps
12-18-2009, 04:49 PM
I'll root for the Bears this week. Why not. It's a win-win.

First off, it's a guarantee that Cutler will take a crap and they'll lose anyway. But, if by some divine intervention they do win, we're sitting much prettier in the wild-card race.

I understand Dave's point about winning 2 games or not deserving it, but this team needs a playoff appearance for morale and to build into next season. I'll take some help if we can get it.

Doesn't matter, anyway. We're talking about Jay Cutler, folks. You think he can go into Baltimore and not fold like a cheap tent?

Please.

Atwater His Ass
12-18-2009, 04:49 PM
5th or 6th seed doesn't really matter.

Of course any Bronco fan will be rooting for Chicago to win since a Baltimore loss does in fact help our cause.

Our conference record is tied for the best (6-4) among wild card teams. Assuming the wild card falls at 10-6 between DEN, BAL, MIA, and NYJ, which means the latter 3 win out, and Denver beats OAK and KC and losses to PHI.

In this scenario, BAL gets the #5 seed.

DEN wins tie breaker over NYJ via conference record (8-4 vs. 7-5). MIA wins tie breaker over NYJ due to season sweep in division.

DEN and MIA have no head-to-head and tie in conference record at 8-4. Next tie breaker is games against common opponents. This is where I get fuzzy because I don't know if it counts divisional common opponents, i.e., MIA lost to SD earlier this year, but DEN played SD twice and split. Same for MIA in that they spilt with NE and DEN only played NE once.

At this point, if you count all games (including common divisional games), DEN and MIA tie again with a 2-3 record. However, if you throw out common divisional opponents, that leaves IND and PIT and since you need a minimum of 4 common games, this tie breaker doesn't apply.

In any case, we would move down to the next tie breaker. Strength of victory which is the combined winning percentage of opponents beaten.

As of today, DEN combined record of beaten opponents is 51-53 for a .490 winning %. MIA combined record of beaten opponents is 33-53 for a .384 winning %.

The deal with strength of victory though, is that it really punishes you for beating weak teams and greatly rewards you for beating good teams. So if it plays out to where 10-6 is the wildcard mark, DEN is really at a disadvantage since the .490 % will take a really big hit by adding OAK and KC into it again. While MIA's will potentially get a large boost by beating TEN, HOU, and PIT, which compared to OAK and KC are teams with much better win %.

Of course that depends a lot on how those teams finish out the year as well. And I made a lot of assumptions, but I think it's based on DEN finishing 10-6 which is realistic and still requires MIA, BAL, and NYJ to win out which will be a little bit harder for them.

What all of this means to me is that the biggest game outside of our own this week, is for TEN to beat MIA. A CHI win over BAL is also helpful, but not as much as MIA losing.

EDIT: After going through all of this, I forgot that if the wildcard falls out at 10-6, the tie breaker between MIA BAL and DEN falls to best record in common games but which looks like it will fall down to strength of victory. Which right now would be .397 for BAL.

So, it is possible with a 10-6 (8-4 conference) 3-way tie between DEN, MIA, and BAL, that based on strength of victory, DEN wins the #5 seed. (3-way tie head to head only matters if all 3 teams have played each other).

Bronx33
12-18-2009, 04:51 PM
he can't beat the ravens anyways just accept it.

TheDave
12-18-2009, 04:57 PM
Miami (7-6)- Titans, Texans, Steelers

Baltimore (7-6)- Bears, Steelers, Raiders

Jets (7-6)- Atlanta, Indy, Cinci

IMO Baltimore is the only one with a chance to win out... As long as we take care of business at home it shouldn't matter.

Florida_Bronco
12-18-2009, 05:03 PM
Nope... 10-6 gets us in the playoffs, and if we can't beat the raiders and chefs at home then we don't deserve to be there.

+1. **** the Bears and their ****ing emo douchebag quarterback.

Hogan11
12-18-2009, 05:06 PM
Everyone's conceeding the Eagles game, sad.

Atwater His Ass
12-18-2009, 05:06 PM
10-6 doesn't mean DEN makes the playoffs.

If we finish 10-6, but lose to either OAK and KC while beating PHI, we will lose the tie breaker for conference record if BAL and MIA win out.

TheDave
12-18-2009, 05:18 PM
Everyone's conceeding the Eagles game, sad.

Who's conceeding anything?

If we win out then there is nothing to discuss. Losing one of the next 3 is the only way we have this discussion, and like it or not Philly is the most difficult game we have left in the regular season.

Atwater His Ass
12-18-2009, 05:21 PM

If we win out then there is nothing to discuss. Losing one of the next 3 is the only way we have this discussion, and like it or not Philly is the most difficult game we have left in the regular season.

And also the least important of the 3 remaining.

TheDave
12-18-2009, 05:26 PM
And also the least important of the 3 remaining.

Absolutely... :thumbs:

Hogan11
12-18-2009, 05:27 PM

Look around, nearly everyone is treating it like an automatic loss.

All of this is true, but that Philly game, while the most difficult, is not impossible. I think Denver can win there barring injury, obivously many don't.

TonyR
12-18-2009, 05:28 PM

My thoughts exactly. Screw Cutler and the Bears, and beat the Raiders and Chiefs at home.

BroncoDoug
12-18-2009, 06:26 PM
Hahahahaha, oh the irony. Count on Cutler to help the Broncos into the playoffs?! haha, he couldn't do it here, and wont do it with chicago. **** Cutler and the Bears.

strafen
12-18-2009, 06:36 PM
We still have an edge over Baltimore.
We're 8-5 with 3 games to go, and Baltimore is 7-6 with 3 games to go.
Both the Broncos and the Ravens have similar schedule strength.
Ravens have the Bears, Raiders, and Steelers. I can see them winning two of those 3 games. 2 games (Raiders & Pittsburgh) are on the road
The Broncos have the Raiders, Philly and KC. I can see us winning two of those 3 games. 2 of those games (KC & Raiders) are at home
I don't see the Ravens winning out with two of their 3 games on the road, but then again, that's why we play the game.
Pittsburgh has been suspect ever since they beat us.
Our tough game will be Philadelphia on the road. That's a toughie

We win out, we're in, regardless what Baltimore does.

strafen
12-18-2009, 06:40 PM

If we win out then there is nothing to discuss. Losing one of the next 3 is the only way we have this discussion, and like it or not Philly is the most difficult game we have left in the regular season.Philly is a solid and consistent team.
You're right. we're not condeding anything but I wouldn't bet against the Eagles on that game either...

rastaman
12-18-2009, 06:47 PM

Yep! We just need to win 2 or 3 games and were in the playoffs. Easier said than done.

Hogan11
12-18-2009, 06:47 PM
Philly is a solid and consistent team.
You're right. we're not condeding anything but I wouldn't bet against the Eagles on that game either...

I would.

I just don't get the Eagles fear, they haven't beaten anyone any good and they're beat up. It must be fear of the road and the east coast which I think is bullshat.

rastaman
12-18-2009, 06:49 PM
I would.

I just don't get the Eagles fear, they haven't beaten anyone any good and they're beat up. It must be fear of the road and the east coast which I think is bullshat.

If we can hang with Indy and almost beath them.....we can beatthe Philly as well.

BroncoDoug
12-18-2009, 06:49 PM
FWIW the game was moved to 4:15et because of the snow

Hogan11
12-18-2009, 06:56 PM
If we can hang with Indy and almost beath them.....we can beatthe Philly as well.

The Eagles have beaten one team with a winning record this season, one....the Giants.

If anyone is impressed with the Giants this season, then they need their head examined.

Atwater His Ass
12-18-2009, 06:59 PM
We still have an edge over Baltimore.
We're 8-5 with 3 games to go, and Baltimore is 7-6 with 3 games to go.
Both the Broncos and the Ravens have similar schedule strength.
Ravens have the Bears, Raiders, and Steelers. I can see them winning two of those 3 games. 2 games (Raiders & Pittsburgh) are on the road
The Broncos have the Raiders, Philly and KC. I can see us winning two of those 3 games. 2 of those games (KC & Raiders) are at home
I don't see the Ravens winning out with two of their 3 games on the road, but then again, that's why we play the game.
Pittsburgh has been suspect ever since they beat us.
Our tough game will be Philadelphia on the road. That's a toughie

We win out, we're in, regardless what Baltimore does.

ITT: we win out we're in

man, some awesome analysis you did there. way to go.

watermock
12-18-2009, 07:00 PM
It'd be funny losing to Oakland next week and Philly too.

After going 6-0.

You can bet Seymore goes for Orton's ankle.

10-6 gets Denver in for what it's worth.

Atwater His Ass
12-18-2009, 07:06 PM
10-6 gets Denver in for what it's worth.

No it doesn't.

watermock
12-18-2009, 07:07 PM
I would.

Evidently you don't know denver's early game record the last 2 decades.

We won in KC for the first time since 97.

10-6 gets us in. or if not, our bad for going 4-6 down the stretch.

strafen
12-18-2009, 07:07 PM
The Eagles have beaten one team with a winning record this season, one....the Giants.

If anyone is impressed with the Giants this season, then they need their head examined.I was checking their schedule this season, and you're right!
One thing I did notice and forgot about it, is that they lost to the freakin' Raiders! :D

strafen
12-18-2009, 07:09 PM
10-6 gets Denver in for what it's worth.No if the Ravens win out, it don't

watermock
12-18-2009, 07:11 PM
Balt has to win all 3 and denver to lose 1.

Wouldn't it be kinda funny for denver to go 6-0 and miss the playoffs?

broncosteven
12-18-2009, 07:12 PM
No if the Ravens win out, it don't

Ravens hold the head to head tie breaker. If they win out and we lose one we are out.

BroncoDoug
12-18-2009, 07:13 PM
Balt has to win all 3 and denver to lose 1.

Wouldn't it be kinda funny for denver to go 6-0 and miss the playoffs?

no, I don't think it would be funny what so ever. But if you get what you want and have McD fired, then maybe it will be funny to you. The rest of the real broncos fans wouldn't be laughing to much

Hogan11
12-18-2009, 07:14 PM
Evidently you don't know denver's early game record the last 2 decades.

We won in KC for the first time since 97.

I put much more stock in Philly's record against winning teams this year than that crap from previous seasons. That "early game record" has as much bearing on the game as "Denver's record in KC" had before the Chiefs game.

strafen
12-18-2009, 07:14 PM
Ravens hold the head to head tie breaker. If they win out and we lose one we are out.That's what I was saying to watermock. He said 10-6 and we're in, I said no if the Ravens win out...

Hogan11
12-18-2009, 07:17 PM
I was checking their schedule this season, and you're right!
One thing I did notice and forgot about it, is that they lost to the freakin' Raiders! :D

Denver can win there if healthy and with Dawkins highly motivated (moreso than usual, if that's even possible) in short...I like the chances. :thumbs:

Circle Orange
12-18-2009, 07:21 PM
I dunno, there's something unholy about cheering for Cutler. I might have to check the skies for toads. http://scosoft.com/s/k/15807b3a.gif

Atwater His Ass
12-18-2009, 07:22 PM
No if the Ravens win out, it don't

That's not the only scenario where if DEN, BAL, MIA and NYJ finsigh 10-6 where DEN get's eliminated.

broncosteven
12-18-2009, 07:24 PM
That's what I was saying to watermock. He said 10-6 and we're in, I said no if the Ravens win out...

I was backing you up with my post for Mock's benifit. It's all good.

watermock
12-18-2009, 07:29 PM
I never said I wanted him fired, at least till the season is over. Ha!

I love the "Real Broncos" touch.

No, you wouldn't think it funny either would you.

The Patrots went 11-5 and missed just last year, even with the expanded format.

I'm sorry your butthurt denver is 2-5 over the last 7 and got miracle wins in another 2.

BTW, I've never called for McD's firing.

watermock
12-18-2009, 07:32 PM
Denver can win there if healthy and with Dawkins highly motivated (moreso than usual, if that's even possible) in short...I like the chances. :thumbs:

I think having Moreno concsious would be a good start.

Dedhed
12-18-2009, 07:35 PM

Yessir! If we don't go at least 2-1 down the stretch, f the playoffs. We're going to make the playoffs, but we're not going to win the SB this year anyway, so why root for le Douche?

The draft pick is our future. F le Douche!

atomicbloke
12-18-2009, 08:23 PM
Ravens hold the head to head tie breaker. If they win out and we lose one we are out.

Well, the Ravens and the Broncos can both make it.

Broncos will be out if Ravens and Miami both win out, and even then Miami would have to get the strength of victory tiebreaker over the Broncos, which the Broncos currently have.

atomicbloke
12-18-2009, 08:30 PM
Well, the Ravens and the Broncos can both make it.

Broncos will be out if Ravens and Miami both win out, and even then Miami would have to get the strength of victory tiebreaker over the Broncos, which the Broncos currently have.

Actually, if the Ravens, Dolphins and Broncos all finish 10-6, then the loss to the Ravens will not count, since there is a 3-way tie.

So it comes down to conference record, which will be 8-4 for all 3 teams (assuming Denver's remaining loss is to Philly).

Then the common opponents tiebreaker, but that needs to have a minimum of 4 common opponents, so that won't count in this case.

Then it comes down to strength of victory tiebreaker, which the Broncos currently have over both the Ravens and Dolphins. But since the Broncos have an easier schedule remaining than both of them, that could change.

I think its safe to say that 10-6, with victories against Raiders and Chiefs, gets the Broncos in, except for an extraordinary set of results involving 11 other teams.

Inkana7
12-18-2009, 09:34 PM
Yes. I will be rooting for Chicago sunday.

broncocalijohn
12-18-2009, 11:40 PM
Yes, I will root for the Bears but for kicks, I will ask that Frown Cannon throws at least completions to the one cornerback, one safety in the endzone and throw to one, fat 390 pound lineman that gets one right in the gut....He chugs over Cutler and scores.

barryr
12-19-2009, 11:08 AM
I can only see the Bears winning if the Ravens commit a bnch of turnovers and the Bears' special teams has a big day. Otherwise, I see Cutler throwing more balls up for grabs and the Bears getting killed.

phillybroncosnut
12-20-2009, 01:40 PM
After the best day in a while, as long as we win today, I no longer have to cheer for the Bears today. BTW, Cutler gets picked off in the 1st minute already... LMAO!

phillybroncosnut
12-20-2009, 01:42 PM
Just as I got done typing, Jay George gets picked again... 14-0 Ravens

Popps
12-20-2009, 01:45 PM
Wow, just tuned in... but it appears Cutler is pooping himself right out of the gate?

Now who would have expected that?

BroncoDoug
12-20-2009, 02:39 PM
Yes, I will root for the Bears but for kicks, I will ask that Frown Cannon throws at least completions to the one cornerback, one safety in the endzone and throw to one, fat 390 pound lineman that gets one right in the gut....He chugs over Cutler and scores.

well he threw one to a corner back, one to a dlinemen in the redzone, in the first half. He will be looking for the saftey in the 2nd half