PDA

View Full Version : I would not mind the Saints going undefeated....

ro_50
12-17-2009, 04:00 PM
I don't really want the Colts to go undefeated because they have been a thorn in Denver's side through the Manning years.

But I want the Saints to go undefeated so I won't have to watch or hear the 72 Dolphins gloat and celebrate anytime a team doesn't go undefeated.....

Popps
12-17-2009, 04:13 PM
I hope the Colts are still undefeated when we play them next. Well, I guess they'd have to be.

Anyway, it's going to be fun beating them.

Hogan11
12-17-2009, 04:22 PM
The Saints were beaten down for many, many years....Katrina aside, that's a fanbase that deserves a moment of glory to offset a variety of NFL infamous stats.

RhymesayersDU
12-17-2009, 04:26 PM
I want both teams to go to the Superbowl at 18-0. Would be epic.

(Note: of course, I really want the Broncos to win in the playoffs. Not trying to be a downer because this has been a great season, I just don't see us winning too much in the playoffs... Not yet. Future is bright.)

Sassy
I don't mind the Saints...if the Broncos aren't in it anymore.

That One Guy
I like Brees and like to see him succeed but that is a fan base that didn't really support their team all that well. The freakin' Chefs are at their first non-sellout in 19 years this weekend and they haven't been very good for a while. The Saints just got lucky that their turnaround season came right after Katrina and the publicity was there.

lex
12-17-2009, 04:27 PM
I dont really want to see the Saints go undefeated but if they do, it will be interesting if/when they play Minnesota in the playoffs. Saints-Vikings is THE GAME people want to see and this would put even more on it.

OBF1
12-17-2009, 04:32 PM
Didn't the fans of the "Aint's" invent the paper bag fan ??? Gotta cheer for them.

Hogan11
12-17-2009, 04:34 PM
I like Brees and like to see him succeed but that is a fan base that didn't really support their team all that well. The freakin' Chefs are at their first non-sellout in 19 years this weekend and they haven't been very good for a while. The Saints just got lucky that their turnaround season came right after Katrina and the publicity was there.

The support of the fanbase was never the problem. Benson wanting a brand new stadium totally on the public coin was.

lex
12-17-2009, 04:39 PM
Didn't the fans of the "Aint's" invent the paper bag fan ??? Gotta cheer for them.

That reminds me: one big negative is that the Saints doing well is yet another reason to put Archie Manning on TV. Its bad enough that theyve changed the rules to treat QBs like their glass vases at a time that coincides with Mannings career, but you also have to see his melon head in every commercial. Oh and then along comes Eli. I actually like Eli but enough already. And so now, they like to treat Archie like he's some head of state.

Oy vay.

The Joker
12-17-2009, 04:47 PM
I've no real problem with either team going undefeated.

Pats completing that perfect season a couple of years back would have been tragic.

That One Guy
12-17-2009, 05:12 PM
The support of the fanbase was never the problem. Benson wanting a brand new stadium totally on the public coin was.

Well that may have been why he wanted to move but I recall they weren't selling out for a long time.

Hogan11
12-17-2009, 05:14 PM
Well that may have been why he wanted to move but I recall they weren't selling out for a long time.

Strange...I don't remember too many balckouts back then. Worm still resides there, so maybe he can clarify the issue some.

strafen
12-17-2009, 05:28 PM
I want both teams to go to the Superbowl at 18-0. Would be epic.

(Note: of course, I really want the Broncos to win in the playoffs. Not trying to be a downer because this has been a great season, I just don't see us winning too much in the playoffs... Not yet. Future is bright.)Me too. That's never happened in the NFL. It would definitely be epic...

Circle Orange
12-17-2009, 05:31 PM
Funny thing is, I don't get the hype about going undefeated. Just because the Patriots went 16-0, now suddenly everyone is talking like it's "just going to happen" all the time. It took 30 plus years just for the 16-0. I don't think it's as big a deal as everyone is making.

Also don't get all the agonizing and analyzing about whether or not the Colts and Saints should rest players. So what? There's not enough roster depth to rest everyone, so starters are gonna have to play no matter what. It ain't like college where you play the second teamers.

Too much Colts saturation. They aren't even an interesting team. Do we really need another round of "Why Peyton is the greatest of all time?"

tsiguy96
12-17-2009, 05:56 PM
Funny thing is, I don't get the hype about going undefeated. Just because the Patriots went 16-0, now suddenly everyone is talking like it's "just going to happen" all the time. It took 30 plus years just for the 16-0. I don't think it's as big a deal as everyone is making.

Also don't get all the agonizing and analyzing about whether or not the Colts and Saints should rest players. So what? There's not enough roster depth to rest everyone, so starters are gonna have to play no matter what. It ain't like college where you play the second teamers.

Too much Colts saturation. They aren't even an interesting team. Do we really need another round of "Why Peyton is the greatest of all time?"

its a very big deal. winning one game is hard enough, winning 16+ consecutive is ridiculous. just shows how far those 2 teams have gone.

Atwater His Ass
12-17-2009, 06:13 PM
Anything that stops me from having to listen to a convicted cocaine trafficker tell me how great he was in '72 I'm all for.

Los Broncos
12-17-2009, 08:23 PM
I hope they go all the way so I don't have to hear about the Dolphins anymore.

Bronco LB52
12-17-2009, 08:30 PM
**** that noise. The Broncos will beat both teams on their way to the Super Bowl XLIV title.

Bronco LB52
12-17-2009, 08:31 PM
The only franchise I want to ever see go 19-0 are the Denver Broncos. I am still pissed they missed their shot in 1998.

ZONA
12-17-2009, 08:35 PM
undefeated or not, I honestly believe the Saints are going to win it all and those fans will have their moment, good for them. This team is scary good. Obviously one of the best if not the best offense which is absolutely lethal, and the defense is also a few notches above solid, they are good. I know they have had to comeback and win some games late but when you're undefeated, it's hard to stay motivated every week. As far as I know, they have no key injuries so if they stay healthy, I'd say it's going to take a team that plays with flawless execution (and some luck) to beat them.

spdirty
12-17-2009, 08:52 PM
If the Broncos cant do it, Id love to see 18-0 Indy vs 18-0 Nawlins.

First preference would be seeing the Broncos knock off 2 undefeated teams.

And thanks Indy for winning tonight.