PDA

View Full Version : the reason Shanny cut Mike Bell

bronco militia
12-17-2009, 02:11 PM
For the record, Bell wasn't surprised. Not after going through the motions in his final season at Dove Valley after being shifted to fullback by head coach Mike Shanahan.

"It was a subconscious thing, but I pretty much just gave up," Bell said. "I was showing up and stuff. I didn't want to dis-respect the coach, so I wasn't causing a disturbance and running my mouth or anything. But I was just sort of there. Eventually they caught on to it.

"It's a funny thing. A lot of times in life, you wonder how things could have been different. I immediately jumped to the conclusion that it was a negative that they were moving me to fullback. I had a victim's mentality. I've learned you can't do that in this league."

The NFL waits for no man, but it is good for the occasional lifeline. When the Saints finally called just before Thanks-giving 2008, Bell leaped at the opportunity. He was a new man with a new attitude and a new purpose.

"I've taken responsibility for my actions," Bell said. "I felt like everybody in the NFL was looking at me as this guy who was out of shape and disgruntled. Who wants to sign somebody like that? My reputation was on the line, so I wasn't about to let the opportunity slip away."

Read more: http://www.denverpost.com/premium/broncos/ci_14014192#ixzz0ZzDreRQL

Atwater His Ass
12-17-2009, 02:15 PM
always respect a guy that can identify and admit when he made a mistake and then learn from it.

BigPlayShay
12-17-2009, 02:16 PM
You should have posted this in the Peyton Hillis thread(s) as well. This is proof that no one on this board has any idea what is happening on the practice field, meeting rooms, or in the coaches / players minds.

McDman
12-17-2009, 02:24 PM
You should have posted this in the Peyton Hillis thread(s) as well. This is proof that no one on this board has any idea what is happening on the practice field, meeting rooms, or in the coaches / players minds.

I do. I talk to McD every night on the phone.

DBroncos4life
12-17-2009, 02:26 PM
I'm far from a Mike Bell fan but we REALLY could have used him towards the end of last year.

crowebomber
12-17-2009, 02:33 PM
I'm far from a Mike Bell fan but we REALLY could have used him towards the end of last year.

That ain't saying much because after burning through six running backs we could have used just about anybody - and did. Verizon Wireless at Park Meadows this is Tatum, how may I help you??

extralife
12-17-2009, 02:48 PM
Tatum played well for us down the stretch.

moving Mike to fullback was a dumb idea.

barryr
12-17-2009, 02:49 PM
Still can't figure out why Shanahan tried to make him a FB when they needed a RB so badly. They had to sign Tatum Bell for crying out loud.

bronco militia
12-17-2009, 02:54 PM
Still can't figure out why Shanahan tried to make him a FB when they needed a RB so badly. They had to sign Tatum Bell for crying out loud.

mike bell was moved to FB when the broncos had a bazillion healthy RB's in training camp....

his attitude got him cut...

Popps
12-17-2009, 02:54 PM

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j184/carlsbadboltfan/conspiracy.jpg

Play2win
12-17-2009, 03:03 PM
Thanks for the all BOLD Douchebag
/bronco militia

bronco militia
12-17-2009, 03:13 PM
Thanks for the all BOLD Douchebag
/bronco militia

Ha!

merry christmas!

http://pinkdome.com/archives/Douchebag.jpg

TheReverend
12-17-2009, 03:29 PM
I do. I talk to McD every night on the phone.

But all you do is say "You're so dreamy... sighhhh" and then hang up.

Triplelefthook
12-17-2009, 03:51 PM
Yeah but what happens to this guy's attitude if the Saints decided to move him to FB?

Hogan11
12-17-2009, 04:15 PM
He gave up and quit because he didn't like a position move, that's pretty goddamn weak.

Thankfully, he seems to have learned from his experience...good for him.

WABronco
12-17-2009, 04:40 PM
..especially as an UDFA. What exactly is the thought process there--"I'm an undrafted player, I've got it made!"

Garcia Bronco
12-17-2009, 05:32 PM
always respect a guy that can identify and admit when he made a mistake and then learn from it.

Absolutely. I could tell watching him in TC that year. He wasn't in it.

rastaman
12-17-2009, 05:46 PM
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j184/carlsbadboltfan/conspiracy.jpg

the head coach's are always right!....even when they're not!;d

uplink
12-17-2009, 11:46 PM
Saw the colts-broncos game on NFL network back in Plummer's last year. Bell was a beast in that game, looked like an all pro ripping of runs and leaving jock straps all over the field. So why did Shanny convert this guy to a FB?
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

SJ Bronco
12-17-2009, 11:50 PM
http://www.emmitsburg.net/humor/pictures/2006/oh_crap1.jpg

you can see where this is headed: Welcome to hillis thread #4!!!

Bigdawg26
12-18-2009, 06:03 AM
Good way to put it although it really was a pretty dumb move just like putting Mike Anderson at fullback. You can't but to think Mike Bell is saying all the right things TO GET PAID!!

Disco Man
12-18-2009, 03:00 PM
Good way to put it although it really was a pretty dumb move just like putting Mike Anderson at fullback. You can't but to think Mike Bell is saying all the right things TO GET PAID!!
................he must need to "get paid" all he did was bitch after he had to pay for a battery to be put into his Durango. Frigin' thing was a rat hole on the inside & looked like it had been sitting for over a year & then complains about a tow & a battery? Girl he was with started bitchin' about how much cheaper it would have been at Wal-Mart, go there next time you ignorant ornament.

broncogary
12-18-2009, 06:02 PM
................he must need to "get paid" all he did was b**** after he had to pay for a battery to be put into his Durango. Frigin' thing was a rat hole on the inside & looked like it had been sitting for over a year & then complains about a tow & a battery? Girl he was with started b****in' about how much cheaper it would have been at Wal-Mart, go there next time you ignorant ornament.

broncogary approves of this post, but he doesn't know why. :clown:

~Crash~
12-18-2009, 06:35 PM

what the hell you talking about he was cut in at the Texans for being out of shape this was and is known buy most bronco fans.

McDman
12-18-2009, 07:28 PM
But all you do is say "You're so dreamy... sighhhh" and then hang up.

One day I'll be able to say more.

uplink
12-18-2009, 07:41 PM
the reason Shanny cut Mike Bell: Bell replaced Chris Simms as son Kyle's lover and it created a problem when Shanny had to fit the bill to get the tatoos flipped.