PDA

View Full Version : Does Anyone Else Think Clady is Playing Injured?

cmhargrove
12-17-2009, 08:04 AM
I finally got to watch the Colts game last night, and I have an odd suspicion. The last few games, Clady just doesn't look like the same guy we have seen for the last season and a half.

His feet are moving a little slower, he isn't anticipating very well, and he is leaning too much at the waist. I agree that Hali and Freeney have some speed, but we have seen Clady handle their likes before.

Anyone think Clady might be nursing a lower back or hamstring injury?

Not that it matters right now, because I would rather have a 70-80% Clady than most linemen, but something just looks wrong.

Irish Stout
12-17-2009, 08:08 AM
He cut his hair and has struggled ever since. That was his strength. He is Samson.

JJG
12-17-2009, 08:28 AM
He cut his hair and has struggled ever since. That was his strength. He is Samson.

QFT

hopefully its just a bit of a sophmore slump.

He needs to grow his hair back

broncofan2438
12-17-2009, 08:47 AM
I noticed that to. Not about the feet but that maybe guys are finding out how to get around him or try a new move on him

Los Broncos
12-17-2009, 09:26 AM
Hopefully it's just a slump not a long term thing.

Everyone is saying they aren't worried at this point, we'll see how he does this week.

SJ Bronco
12-17-2009, 09:29 AM
I think that some of the better coaches have just amassed some good film on him this year, that's all. He's gonna have to counter and get better. Happens to all NFL players in their second year. He's still playing well, he just needs to get into the film room and watch himself. Clean up his technique on the run for sure.

SonOfLe-loLang
12-17-2009, 09:29 AM
You guys are acting like he's been a turnstile. He's still playing very well.

Beantown Bronco
12-17-2009, 09:30 AM
His back is just sore from carrying the OLine for the past year and a half+.

Broncosfreak_56
12-17-2009, 09:31 AM
He did only just shut down freeney. ???

BigPlayShay
12-17-2009, 09:35 AM

In pass pro he was pretty good, but there were more than a few times in the run game where Freeney was getting lower and basically cutting Clady forcing him into the backfield and blowing up the play. I can remember a couple in the red zone.

cmhargrove
12-17-2009, 09:36 AM
You guys are acting like he's been a turnstile. He's still playing very well.

If you watch film of the past couple games, the pressure on Orton has largely come from Clady's side. I fully expected teams to pick on Polumbus instead.

He is still playing well, and he is still our best O-lineman, but he doesn't look like himself lately.

For us to win in the playoffs, Orton is going to need time for the intermediate routes to develop, not just the short stuff. That gameplan is mainly predicated on Clady's ability to hold his block for 4-5 seconds. I'm not complaining, just observing.

cmhargrove
12-17-2009, 09:40 AM

If you think he shut Freeney down, you need to watch the game again. Freeney only ended up with one sack, but he had a couple pressures and hits that cost us, and he worked Clady pretty good in the run game.

Once again, I think Clady is just in a little funk, but he hasn't looked "dominant" the past few weeks.

Broncosfreak_56
12-17-2009, 09:50 AM
If you think he shut Freeney down, you need to watch the game again. Freeney only ended up with one sack, but he had a couple pressures and hits that cost us, and he worked Clady pretty good in the run game.

Once again, I think Clady is just in a little funk, but he hasn't looked "dominant" the past few weeks.

Well, maybe not dominated, but there is a reason Freeney is considered the best DE in the league. Sometimes those guys win, but for the most part I think Clady held up as well as anyone could expect.

Hali did have Cladys number though, but it was one game.

HEAV
12-17-2009, 09:55 AM
He seems to be having an issue with bending down and engaging the pass rusher. He's been decent in run blocking to a point, but still not near his past level of play. Back injury?

He just seems stiff.

400HZ
12-17-2009, 10:03 AM
Offensive lineman almost always slump their second year. Joe Thomas and Marcus McNeil are good recent examples. They both made the Pro Bowl their rookie years. And "slump" is a relative term. Players are generally asked to do more in their second year, and sometimes that exposes weaknesses that were covered up.

Pony Boy
12-17-2009, 10:25 AM

Yep, I go with the hair theory :thumbsup:

bronco militia
12-17-2009, 10:52 AM
I blame kyle orton......he has no pocket presence