View Full Version : Chris Henry Dies

LonghornBronco
12-17-2009, 06:59 AM
http://www.wlwt.com/sports/21987045/detail.html

Shame.

LonghornBronco
12-17-2009, 07:00 AM
WLWT - NBC reports

CINCINNATI -- Bengals Wide Receiver Chris Henry died Thursday after a domestic dispute in North Carolina.

Police said Henry and his fiancée, Loleini Tonga, who lives in the area, had been arguing in the 800 block of Peachtree Road when Tonga tried to drive away in a pickup.

Henry jumped into the bed of the pickup and the couple continued arguing as Tonga drove, police said.

· Live Blog (http://livewire.wlwt.com/Event/Chris_Henry_Seriously_Injured_In_Charlotte)
· Scene Video of Accident (http://www.wlwt.com/video/21986584/index.html)
· Read: Police Report (http://www.wlwt.com/download/2009/1217/21986978.pdf)

Police said Henry fell out of the pickup at some point and landed in the roadway, causing life-threatening injuries.

Charlotte police announced that Henry died at 6:36 a.m. Thursday.

No charges have been filed, but homicide detectives were investigating the crash.

Read: Police Report (http://www.wlwt.com/download/2009/1217/21986978.pdf)

Henry had been placed on injured reserve since Nov. 9 with a dislocated forearm, ending his season.

The fifth-year player was cut from the Bengals in March 2008 after a string of arrests and other legal trouble, but the team re-signed him in August 2008.

The former third-round pick from West Virginia has caught 119 passes, including 21 touchdowns, for 1,826 yards during his career.

Henry had not been in any legal trouble since returning to the Bengals before the 2008 season. <!--stopindex-->

BroncoBuff
12-17-2009, 07:01 AM
Tragic ... rip.

oubronco
12-17-2009, 07:03 AM
RIP very sad story

bfoflcommish
12-17-2009, 07:05 AM
r.i.p.

dbfan21
12-17-2009, 07:05 AM
Unreal. Goes to show just how fragile life can be. What an up and down life he lived. He was just starting to get his stuff together, too. RIP.

This may be a bit insensitive to say at this time, but I wonder how the team will respond this Sunday at the Chargers. I mean, they played their tails off when their D-coord lost his wife. I hope they play the game of their lives for many reasons!

What a season for the Bengals....

HEAV
12-17-2009, 07:06 AM
Sad.

Just a sad way to die. Letting his emotions control him (once again) and doing something stupid/crazy as jumping on the back of the truck.

I hope Marshall looks at Henry and decides that he won't follow the same path. We all get upset with or girl/boy-friend, but gotta keep a cool head and not let the drama get to you.

jhns
12-17-2009, 07:06 AM
Very sad. R.I.P.

loborugger
12-17-2009, 07:08 AM
Wow.

As a human, I feel for his family. As a football fan, I wonder how the Bengals will respond to this.

MVP-06
12-17-2009, 07:43 AM
alot of talent, not a whole lot of sense. Sad to hear

strafen
12-17-2009, 07:58 AM
Youth, fame and money can get you in trouble.
Aside from that, this is a tragic story
R.I.P

BarefootKicker
12-17-2009, 08:12 AM
The NFL lost one of its criminals. cue the outpouring of "he was an amazing person, misunderstood, what a tragedy, etc" reality is, he was a F&ck up. And now he's dead.

jhns
12-17-2009, 08:15 AM
The NFL lost one of its criminals. cue the outpouring of "he was an amazing person, misunderstood, what a tragedy, etc" reality is, he was a F&ck up. And now he's dead.

You are ignorant and classless. Thanks for your input.

Tombstone RJ
12-17-2009, 08:21 AM
I wonder if his girlfriend is gonna be charged with reckless endangerment or something like that.

I don't know what she was doing but she should have slowed way down, or stopped the truck, or something. From what little I know, it sounds like she "probably" drove too aggressively and consequently Henry was tossed out the back. Complete speculation on my part.

bpc
12-17-2009, 08:23 AM
I definitely feel for his children.

Chris Henry's way of life was only going to end one way sadly and it has come to pass.

JJG
12-17-2009, 08:26 AM
My prayers go out to his kids and the rest of his family. I can't imagine what his fiancee is going through right now...

Paladin
12-17-2009, 08:27 AM
Short, sad life.

RIP

Tombstone RJ
12-17-2009, 08:29 AM
My prayers go out to his kids and the rest of his family. I can't imagine what his fiancee is going through right now...

Driving classes maybe?

vancejohnson82
12-17-2009, 08:32 AM

he was also only 26 and probably had the mentality of someone who was 18 due to the way you are thrust into the spotlight, given money, fame and women....

when i was 18 i was doing all sorts of dumb stuff that could have easily gotten me killed....and if somebody one a message board that didnt know me made light of it, I'd be sure to spend my afterlife ****ing up his life

bowtown
12-17-2009, 08:34 AM

You must be left-handed.

Dagmar
12-17-2009, 08:40 AM
Thoughts go out to his family, especially his kids this time of year, and theBengals organanization. Not their first tragedy this year.

R.I.P.

Garcia Bronco
12-17-2009, 08:44 AM
he was also only 26 and probably had the mentality of someone who was 18 due to the way you are thrust into the spotlight, given money, fame and women....

when i was 18 i was doing all sorts of dumb stuff that could have easily gotten me killed....and if somebody one a message board that didnt know me made light of it, I'd be sure to spend my afterlife ****ing up his life

He got into trouble in college before he had money.

Since his college days at West Virginia University, Henry has had a checkered off-field reputation. During his sophomore season, he was ejected from a game at Rutgers University due to multiple unsportsmanlike conduct penalties and was suspended for the season finale against the University of Pittsburgh. His former Mountaineers coach, Rich Rodriguez, stated that he was "an embarrassment to himself and the program" for his conduct.[16]

On December 15, 2005, Henry was pulled over in northern Kentucky for speeding. During a search, marijuana was found in his shoes. He was also driving without a valid driver's license or valid insurance.[17] He pleaded guilty and avoided a jail sentence.

One month later, on January 30, 2006 he was arrested in Orlando, Florida for multiple gun charges including concealment and aggravated assault with a firearm.[18] He was reported to have been wearing his #15 Bengals jersey at the time of his arrest. He pleaded guilty to this charge and avoided jail time.

On April 29, Henry allowed three underage females to consume alcohol at a hotel in Covington, Kentucky.[19] One of the three, an 18-year-old woman, accused Henry of sexually assaulting her; she later retracted her story and was charged with filing a false police report.[20] On January 25, 2007, Henry pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor violation of a city ordinance commonly referred to as a "keg law." He was sentenced to 90 days in jail, with all but two of those days being suspended.[19]

He was pulled over on Interstate 275 in Ohio on June 3 at 1:18 A.M. by Ohio Highway Patrol trooper Michael Shimko for surmised drunk driving. He voluntarily submitted to a breathalyzer test at 2:06 A.M. at the Milford Police Department and registered a .092 blood-alcohol level, .012 above the level permitted in the state of Ohio.[21]

broncofan2438
12-17-2009, 08:45 AM
RIP, Sad to hear this

go_broncos
12-17-2009, 08:54 AM

is it necessary?..just think about his family who are dependent on him.
As a human, you should be ashamed..

R.I.P

vancejohnson82
12-17-2009, 08:58 AM
He got into trouble in college before he had money.

Since his college days at West Virginia University, Henry has had a checkered off-field reputation. During his sophomore season, he was ejected from a game at Rutgers University due to multiple unsportsmanlike conduct penalties and was suspended for the season finale against the University of Pittsburgh. His former Mountaineers coach, Rich Rodriguez, stated that he was "an embarrassment to himself and the program" for his conduct.[16]

On December 15, 2005, Henry was pulled over in northern Kentucky for speeding. During a search, marijuana was found in his shoes. He was also driving without a valid driver's license or valid insurance.[17] He pleaded guilty and avoided a jail sentence.

One month later, on January 30, 2006 he was arrested in Orlando, Florida for multiple gun charges including concealment and aggravated assault with a firearm.[18] He was reported to have been wearing his #15 Bengals jersey at the time of his arrest. He pleaded guilty to this charge and avoided jail time.

On April 29, Henry allowed three underage females to consume alcohol at a hotel in Covington, Kentucky.[19] One of the three, an 18-year-old woman, accused Henry of sexually assaulting her; she later retracted her story and was charged with filing a false police report.[20] On January 25, 2007, Henry pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor violation of a city ordinance commonly referred to as a "keg law." He was sentenced to 90 days in jail, with all but two of those days being suspended.[19]

He was pulled over on Interstate 275 in Ohio on June 3 at 1:18 A.M. by Ohio Highway Patrol trooper Michael Shimko for surmised drunk driving. He voluntarily submitted to a breathalyzer test at 2:06 A.M. at the Milford Police Department and registered a .092 blood-alcohol level, .012 above the level permitted in the state of Ohio.[21]

hey, don't take me wrong, the guy had a past that was none-too-good...

however, I've been in my share of trouble too (no guns or anything) and normally it takes that one incident to turn the lights on. It seemed like the absence of football was that incident for Henry

but then this

Flex Gunmetal
12-17-2009, 09:02 AM

Youre an jerkoff and an idiot. Way to play a tough guy on a soap box on the internet.

Jason in LA
12-17-2009, 09:07 AM
One sad thing is that it looked like he had turned his life around. Or at least he was making great efforts too. He was turning into a good story. And now this. It's sad to hear. If this had happened a couple years ago, I could see some negative comments. But now, after he cleaned up stuff, it's uncalled for. Give the guy a break.

Dagmar
12-17-2009, 09:09 AM
The last thread went to crap, don't let this one, it's not Chiefs Planet.

UberBroncoMan
12-17-2009, 09:15 AM

You have balls.

http://l.yimg.com/eb/ymv/us/img/hv/photo/movie_pix/paramount_pictures/team_america__world_police/fishtails.jpg

I feel bad for his kids.

Something about domestic **** like this always makes me pissed though. Humans can be so over the top and stupid.

Popps
12-17-2009, 09:17 AM
Wish I hadn't seen the picture of his kids. Just brutal. Obviously, I feel horrible for him, but I can't imagine this for those poor little ones. I hope the team steps up and makes sure they're taken care of properly.

Garcia Bronco
12-17-2009, 09:17 AM
hey, don't take me wrong, the guy had a past that was none-too-good...

however, I've been in my share of trouble too (no guns or anything) and normally it takes that one incident to turn the lights on. It seemed like the absence of football was that incident for Henry

but then this

I don't know the guy...so I have no realistic assessment of the guy. All I know is he's had problems with guns, drugs, violence, and other illegal activities. While his death is certainly tragic, he didn't do himself any favors by jumping into the back of a moving pick-up. That's just crazy. Either that or he's seen too many movies.

UberBroncoMan
12-17-2009, 09:22 AM
Wish I hadn't seen the picture of his kids. Just brutal. Obviously, I feel horrible for him, but I can't imagine this for those poor little ones. I hope the team steps up and makes sure they're taken care of properly.

I have no doubts they will.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4750615

Anyone interested in a former player perspective watch the video after the Adam Schefter one with Marcellus.

Taco John
12-17-2009, 09:32 AM
I'll never understand why anybody would wander into an obituary thread to say something negative about the deceased. Granted, the guy did things in his life to bring them on himself, but you know -- he's effing dead.

Have some class.

SJ Bronco
12-17-2009, 09:35 AM
Dudes dead. Got that? You people act like spitting on his grave will accomplish anything. Seems to me it's just to satisfy your need to inflict judgment. I thought you Christian types were against that....

SJ Bronco
12-17-2009, 09:35 AM
I'll never understand why anybody would wander into an obituary thread to say something negative about the deceased. Granted, the guy did things in his life to bring them on himself, but you know -- he's effing dead.

Have some class.

that's what i meant to say....Read this one, it's better

UberBroncoMan
12-17-2009, 09:39 AM
http://www.wlwt.com/video/21992736/index.html

Chad interview.

Pretty depressing.

UberBroncoMan
12-17-2009, 09:40 AM
Dudes dead. Got that? You people act like spitting on his grave will accomplish anything. Seems to me it's just to satisfy your need to inflict judgment. I thought you Christian types were against that....

Lets not bring religion bashing into this. For all you know the dude is an atheist, or a jew, or a mormon, or a scientologist.

SJ Bronco
12-17-2009, 09:43 AM
Lets not bring religion bashing into this. For all you know the dude is an atheist, or a jew, or a mormon, or a scientologist.

Not bashing....appealing to. I figure it may spark some Humanity into them. Isn't that the argument for religion. The right and wrong element?

SJ Bronco
12-17-2009, 09:57 AM

I should also say, i meant no disrespect. I seriously intended to appeal to their compassionate side. I don't understand why people are Christians if they don't subscribe to the elements of compassion and charity. Since I know about 95% of this board is Christian, I figured I'd take a shot that they were. Most religions seem to have a similar theme, and as an Atheist myself, I know Atheism is built on the Ability to show compassion on ones own. So if they are Atheist, then they are doing it wrong.

24champ
12-17-2009, 09:57 AM
Awesome.

Let's inject some religion bashing into this thread about a deceased young man, and during the holiday season. Way to go nimrod.

SJ Bronco
12-17-2009, 09:58 AM
Awesome.

Let's inject some religion bashing into this thread about a deceased young man, and during the holiday season. Way to go nimrod.

Read above....uhhhh...errrr...Nimrod? Why the name calling?

SJ Bronco
12-17-2009, 10:02 AM
Awesome.

Man, you can't bring religion into any argument. Sorry guys. I thought it would help. I'll shut up now. My apologies!

Dagmar
12-17-2009, 10:02 AM
Wow. The Mane is now the Chiefs Planet's retarded PBJ eating little cousin. Every single thread.

BroncoBen
12-17-2009, 10:13 AM

Wow.. you sure know how to show 'human' compassion don't you.

As bad as you make Chris Henry sound.. he was still 3 kids Father, and a mother & fathers Son. Rest in Peace Chris Henry.. Rest in Peace

24champ
12-17-2009, 10:16 AM

I realize what the poster said was insensitive, but at the same time I don't know why you brought it up "Christian types" when there was no religious talk before your comment. It was uncalled for, and you DID mean disrespect against Christians during this time period.

SJ Bronco
12-17-2009, 10:19 AM
I realize what the poster said was insensitive, but at the same time I don't know why you brought it up "Christian types" when there was no religious talk before your comment. It was uncalled for, and you DID mean disrespect against Christians during this time period.

No I did not, and I apologized already for the misconception...What exactly did you want from me?

oubronco
12-17-2009, 10:20 AM

OMG are you serious!! Man come on he was a human being please stay classy, Thats totally uncalled for

broncocalijohn
12-17-2009, 10:21 AM
I wonder what exactly went down for him to jump into a pick up (not wanting her to leave)? Was he trying to break into the cab to get to her or just pleading with her to stop the car? Why didnt she stop when he fell out of the back? I havent read anything if she was charged with a crime, but she is hopefully going to be full of guilt if she had a major part in his death. SHe WonT gEt ThAt BiG aSs WeDdInG ShE wAs LoOkInG FoRwArD tO (Her myspace page if you dont understand that last sentence). You can have your life turned around but when something crazy like this happens, old wounds reappear. My condelences to his kids.

Rock Chalk
12-17-2009, 10:22 AM

Hey, look at it this way SJ Bronco, Nimrod was one of the great warriors in the Bible. The little twerp didn't realize it but he was giving you a compliment, not insulting.

SJ Bronco
12-17-2009, 10:23 AM

Seriously, If I offended you, I AM sorry. I'm not being tongue in cheek at all. My wife is a christian and I fully respect peoples need for religion. Even if i don't subscribe to one myself. It's simply a misunderstanding. I didn't intend it to be an accusation of all Christians, just those two morons.

SJ Bronco
12-17-2009, 10:23 AM
Hey, look at it this way SJ Bronco, Nimrod was one of the great warriors in the Bible. The little twerp didn't realize it but he was giving you a compliment, not insulting.

:rofl: I'll look at it that way then. Thanks Champ!

SJ Bronco
12-17-2009, 10:24 AM
I wonder what exactly went down for him to jump into a pick up (not wanting her to leave)? Was he trying to break into the cab to get to her or just pleading with her to stop the car? Why didnt she stop when he fell out of the back? I havent read anything if she was charged with a crime, but she is hopefully going to be full of guilt if she had a major part in his death. SHe WonT gEt ThAt BiG aSs WeDdInG ShE wAs LoOkInG FoRwArD tO (Her myspace page if you dont understand that last sentence). You can have your life turned around but when something crazy like this happens, old wounds reappear. My condelences to his kids.

Yeah, that's what I'm looking for now. People report things so quickly that information kinda leaks out after that.

Archer81
12-17-2009, 10:58 AM
Prayers for this dude's family. Regardless of what he did, it always sucks to hear that a young man died from something that could have been avoided.

:Broncos:

boltaneer
12-17-2009, 11:22 AM
R.i.p. Ch

24champ
12-17-2009, 11:24 AM
Nimrod was one of the great warriors in the Bible.

That would be incorrect, shows how little you know of the Bible.

But that's another thread and another time...

gunns
12-17-2009, 11:26 AM

And who are you to judge? Mr. Perfect?

Terribly sad, especially this time of year. My sympathies to his family.

LonghornBronco
12-17-2009, 11:28 AM
My take FWIW is Henry was a little bit of a bad boy and perhaps immature for his age. I wouldn't go as far to say he was a complete F-up. From the reports I have read was missdeminor stuff, which a good portion of us have also done, myself included. I think things where going in the right direction for him, this accident sounds more tragic than deserved. B-marsh in my opinion is (was, I hope) on a similar path so let's not be hipocrites.

gtown
12-17-2009, 11:29 AM
RIP. The guy was turning it around. Goes to show how fragile and complex life can be for someone talented, young, rich, and famous.

I feel for Bengals fans. Henry averaged 1 touchdown for every 6 receptions. That is some real production.

Given his track record, we could easily be reading the same obituary on Brandon Marshall right now. Thank God that is not the case.

AlphaOmega
12-17-2009, 12:45 PM
That would be incorrect, shows how little you know of the Bible.

But that's another thread and another time...

Genesis 10
1 Chronicles 1

BTW, prayers go out to Henry's family, kids and the Bengels organization.

That One Guy
12-17-2009, 01:07 PM
Wow.. you sure know how to show 'human' compassion don't you.

As bad as you make Chris Henry sound.. he was still 3 kids Father, and a mother & fathers Son. Rest in Peace Chris Henry.. Rest in Peace

You're on the right track but then you stray. We should all feel for his family - particularly his kids.To say Rest in Peace for him though... he just did some stupid crap and got his children's father killed. If the lady wanted to leave, he should've let her. It couldn't have ended well with him jumping in the back of a moving truck.

What if in trying to throw him, she had crashed her truck and killed both her and him? Then the kids would be orphans.

Sounds to me like, if the scenario is as we've heard so far, it was ANOTHER episode of him not weighing the consequences of his actions. At least he just took out himself. It could've been worse.

Hogan11
12-17-2009, 01:15 PM
I didn't like the guy, but he never deserved this. Tragic for his family.

R.I.P.

bombay
12-17-2009, 01:25 PM
Not really in a position to judge him.

RIP Chris.

Los Broncos
12-17-2009, 01:36 PM
RIP Chris, bless you and your family.

loborugger
12-17-2009, 02:02 PM
Wow. The Mane is now the Chiefs Planet's retarded PBJ eating little cousin. Every single thread.

Wait... there are PBJs here? I was never informed!

d bronx42
12-17-2009, 03:12 PM
Check out this picture of D-Will covering Chris Henry during their rookie year... Pretty sad...

http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/72874472.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF193875DCB1DD8387ABBF942FC29CBABDBAF 39F71A9C9BC19C35

24champ
12-17-2009, 03:14 PM
Genesis 10
1 Chronicles 1

I'm aware of the scripture.

Scholars have interpreted what that meant.

Nimrod was mighty in hunting, and that in opposition to YHWH; not ‘before YHWH’ in the sense of according to the will and purpose of YHWH, still less,...in a simply superlative sense...The name itself, ‘Nimrod’ from marad, ‘We will revolt,’ points to some violent resistance to God...Nimrod as a mighty hunter founded a powerful kingdom; and the founding of this kingdom is shown by the verb with consecutive to have been the consequence or result of his strength in hunting, so that hunting was intimately connected with the establishing of the kingdom. Hence, if the expression ‘a mighty hunter’ relates primarily to hunting in the literal sense, we must add to the literal meaning the figurative signification of a ‘hunter of men’ (a trapper of men by stratagem and force); Nimrod the hunter became a tyrant, a powerful hunter of men (Keil and Delitzsch 1975: 165).

http://www.biblearchaeology.org/post/2006/10/Who-Was-Nimrod.aspx

Los Broncos
12-17-2009, 03:23 PM
Check out this picture of D-Will covering Chris Henry during their rookie year... Pretty sad...

http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/72874472.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF193875DCB1DD8387ABBF942FC29CBABDBAF 39F71A9C9BC19C35

Wow, to me it's a powerful photo.

ro_50
12-17-2009, 03:34 PM
RIP, he seemed to have his life back together before his passing.

Truly sad.

What's w/ the deaths in the NFL the last few years: Darrent Williams, Dameon Nash, Sean Taylor, Steve McNair and now Chris Henry.

All gone to early. RIP.......

Popps
12-17-2009, 03:47 PM
Wish we could just lock this thread now and end with a positive vibe.

Broncoman13
12-17-2009, 04:11 PM
Wow, to me it's a powerful photo.

Very powerful.

Rookie Symposium on the BIG SCREEN.

"All your rookies see these guys? They made it big time. They were 2nd and 3rd round draft picks. Money, friends, and fun came easy to them. They were starters in the NFL, both in their rookie seasons... just like many of you.

"The difference between you guys and these guys... THEY ARE DEAD. Your actions have consequences. The people you hang around with, when they make poor choices you can pay the price. Both of these guys paid with their lives b/c of poor decisions around them. Learn from them and don't let their deaths being for naught."

Sassy
12-17-2009, 04:12 PM
Did you guys see OCHO wearing Henry's jersey in practice today...I think that's a little sick.

Hogan11
12-17-2009, 04:19 PM
Did you guys see OCHO wearing Henry's jersey in practice today...I think that's a little sick.

His personal tribute I suppose. Not the time nor place to be cynical about it.

TDmvp
12-17-2009, 04:28 PM

O come on ... No more sick than people wearing I love So in so shirts right after their passing ... it's called a tribute ...

I bought a D Will jersey right after his death to have to remember what we lost... am I sick ?

Calling Chad sick for that is just wrong ... Did you see how crushed the guy was this morning ? ... He couldn't hardly speak .

The guy is honoring his friend and people think it's stupid ... jeez ...
And I'm not even a fan of Chad but come on....

Xenos
12-17-2009, 04:30 PM
Man you're jerk. The guy was turning his life around this past summer. He was getting rid of all of the people that were dragging his life down and he was a better person according to his teammates and family.

bowtown
12-17-2009, 04:30 PM

it's not.

Sassy
12-17-2009, 04:32 PM

:sunshine:

Popps
12-17-2009, 04:36 PM

Ocho was a mess during the interview I heard. This hit him hard, sounds like. I'll give you that the jersey thing is the wrong way to go, but in this situation... you never know how you'd react. The intenet was positive.

Look, Henry personified almost everything I hate about the NFL... but this is a sad story nonetheless. Chad Johnson is just a lot closer to the situation, and I'm sure he's having a tough time.

DBroncos4life
12-17-2009, 04:38 PM
You're on the right track but then you stray. We should all feel for his family - particularly his kids.To say Rest in Peace for him though... he just did some stupid crap and got his children's father killed. If the lady wanted to leave, he should've let her. It couldn't have ended well with him jumping in the back of a moving truck.

What if in trying to throw him, she had crashed her truck and killed both her and him? Then the kids would be orphans.

Sounds to me like, if the scenario is as we've heard so far, it was ANOTHER episode of him not weighing the consequences of his actions. At least he just took out himself. It could've been worse.

**** you. People have done way worse things then jump into the back of a pick up for this thing called love. Love is the most powerful emotion that we have so of course people over react to it. You have NO ****ING idea how she was driving with him back in the bed of that truck either. You have NO ****ING clue to what was going on before the fight or during the fight. High horse mother ****ers on this board make me sick.

Sassy
12-17-2009, 04:39 PM
Ocho was a mess during the interview I heard. This hit him hard, sounds like. I'll give you that the jersey thing is the wrong way to go, but in this situation... you never know how you'd react. The intenet was positive.

Look, Henry personified almost everything I hate about the NFL... but this is a sad story nonetheless. Chad Johnson is just a lot closer to the situation, and I'm sure he's having a tough time.

To each his own...I guess, I just thought it a little odd.
Kind of like the Javon Walker deal with Darrent.

Very sad story indeed.

JJG
12-17-2009, 04:43 PM
I should also say, i meant no disrespect. I seriously intended to appeal to their compassionate side. I don't understand why people are Christians if they don't subscribe to the elements of compassion and charity. Since I know about 95% of this board is Christian, I figured I'd take a shot that they were. Most religions seem to have a similar theme, and as an Atheist myself, I know Atheism is built on the Ability to show compassion on ones own. So if they are Atheist, then they are doing it wrong.

I don't want to get into this here, but you have piqued my interest.

care to elaborate in a different thread?

bowtown
12-17-2009, 04:53 PM

Might I suggest the Hillis thread?

Sassy
12-17-2009, 04:58 PM
O come on ... No more sick than people wearing I love So in so shirts right after their passing ... it's called a tribute ...

I bought a D Will jersey right after his death to have to remember what we lost... am I sick ?

Calling Chad sick for that is just wrong ... Did you see how crushed the guy was this morning ? ... He couldn't hardly speak .

The guy is honoring his friend and people think it's stupid ... jeez ...
And I'm not even a fan of Chad but come on....

I wasn't calling Chad sick...just the idea TO ME was...but whatever he needs to do.
I don't think it's stupid to honor his friend...just thought it interesting the way he did...to me, I wouldn't have done that.

TDmvp
12-17-2009, 05:20 PM
I wasn't calling Chad sick...just the idea TO ME was...but whatever he needs to do.
I don't think it's stupid to honor his friend...just thought it interesting the way he did...to me, I wouldn't have done that.

I just see so many examples of things like this now i kinda thought it was the norm ... from the stickers on helmets to whole campuses wearing someone who just past number like U conn did this year .

The demand here at the Mane for a D Will jersey was high right after his passing ... I bought one to remember him by ... Now you have me questioning myself LOL .... jk.... No hard feelings Sass ,everyone does the whole grieving thing different ...

Sassy
12-17-2009, 05:22 PM
I just see so many examples of things like this now i kinda thought it was the norm ... from the stickers on helmets to whole campuses wearing someone who just past number like U conn did this year .

The demand here at the Mane for a D Will jersey was high right after his passing ... I bought one to remember him by ... Now you have me questioning myself LOL .... jk.... No hard feelings Sass ,everyone does the whole grieving thing different ...

No. I think that's a little different...you buying a jersey to remember Dwill. I like that.

SJ Bronco
12-17-2009, 05:59 PM

Not a chance. People are FAR to sensitive about religion.

strafen
12-17-2009, 06:06 PM
I've been following the stroy from the local news and stuff.One thing that I haven't heard is if any charges would be brought uo against the girl?Anybody knows?

SJ Bronco
12-17-2009, 06:28 PM
I've been following the stroy from the local news and stuff.One thing that I haven't heard is if any charges would be brought uo against the girl?Anybody knows?

Is still can't find specifics. Did she leave the scene?

strafen
12-17-2009, 06:57 PM
Is still can't find specifics. Did she leave the scene?I'm not quite clear on what's going on.
Did he try to jump on a fast moving truck.
Did she leave him to die on the road?
Did he get on the truck and she sped up recklessly and causing his death?
The specifics have not been revealed. That's why I was wondering if anybody's heard the circumstances of his death...

loborugger
12-17-2009, 08:08 PM

Let me get this straight... you interject religion into this thread spontaneously, and then when someone actually asks you about your beliefs, you pull this. Lame

JJG
12-17-2009, 09:01 PM

I've started a thread in the religion/war/politics section if your change your mind

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=2680273#post2680273

SJ Bronco
12-17-2009, 09:38 PM
Let me get this straight... you interject religion into this thread spontaneously, and then when someone actually asks you about your beliefs, you pull this. Lame

It's BECAUSE of the reaction...pay attention....

JJJ
12-17-2009, 10:14 PM
I wonder if his girlfriend is gonna be charged with reckless endangerment or something like that.

I don't know what she was doing but she should have slowed way down, or stopped the truck, or something. From what little I know, it sounds like she "probably" drove too aggressively and consequently Henry was tossed out the back. Complete speculation on my part.

Her choices seemed to be to stop and get the crap beat out of her by a madman or continue to drive away. I very much hope they make no attempt to charge her with anything other than common sense.

He is the one standing up in the back of a moving pickup pounding on the roof.

Unfortunately in our victimology society he will likely be looked at as the victim in this story. I feel very sorry for this woman who has to live the guilt of looking her children in the eye knowing she was unwillingly put in a position to be party to their father's death.

Guys like Chris Henry have a way of making sure the messes they have created in their own lives are spread around to a whole lot of other people.

If he had fallen out and broken his arm, do you think this would have taught this guy a lesson? I don't.

Very sad he died, but I feel sad for his family not him.

That One Guy
12-18-2009, 03:21 AM
Her choices seemed to be to stop and get the crap beat out of her by a madman or continue to drive away. I very much hope they make no attempt to charge her with anything other than common sense.

Unfortunately in our victimology society he will likely be looked at as the victim in this story. I feel very sorry for this woman who has to live the guilt of looking her children in the eye knowing she was unwillingly put in a position to be party to their father's death.

Guys like Chris Henry have a way of making sure the messes they have created in their own lives are spread around to a whole lot of other people.

If he had fallen out and broken his arm, do you think this would have taught this guy a lesson? I don't.

Agreed whole-heartedly. If he fell out and simply broke his arm, he'd be scrutinized significantly worse than Marshall was after the McDonalds incident for just being wreckless. Since he died though, the man was a hero and going to turn his life around.

That One Guy
12-18-2009, 03:31 AM
Just another thing I've found interesting with all this is a story PFT ran a week or two ago. Here's the excerpt. He doesn't say if this was on a video clip or what but I think it's interesting. Chad wasn't, from the sounds of it, hesitant when he clearly said the team didn't miss Henry then the whole organization comes talking like he (Henry) rebuilt the team from the ground up or something.

As the Bengals prepared to face the Browns two weeks ago, a member of the Cleveland media asked Cincinnati receiver Chad Ochocinco whether the team misses receiver Chris Henry.

"No," Ochocinco said, with a tone in his voice that suggested, "Why in the hell would you ask that?" (And even though the plain text of the sentence indicates that Ochocinco didn't actually say, "Why in the hell would you ask that?," we still need to point out that he didn't say it. Otherwise, some of you will think that he did.)

Tombstone RJ
12-18-2009, 09:04 AM

Pure, unadulterated speculation on your part.

How in the hell do you know what was going on? YOU assume she was in some kind of danger. You assume he was being violent.

For all we know she was wasted and he was trying to stop her from driving.

I mean really, keep your assumptions on the back burner until all the evidence is brought forward.

For now, I think she killed the man. I think she overreacted and now she is the one who has left her kids fatherless.

But, that's just me.

Until it's proven that HER LIFE WAS IN DANGER, I'm not gonna cut her any slack.

epicSocialism4tw
12-18-2009, 10:05 AM
Just another thing I've found interesting with all this is a story PFT ran a week or two ago. Here's the excerpt. He doesn't say if this was on a video clip or what but I think it's interesting. Chad wasn't, from the sounds of it, hesitant when he clearly said the team didn't miss Henry then the whole organization comes talking like he (Henry) rebuilt the team from the ground up or something.

As the Bengals prepared to face the Browns two weeks ago, a member of the Cleveland media asked Cincinnati receiver Chad Ochocinco whether the team misses receiver Chris Henry.

"No," Ochocinco said, with a tone in his voice that suggested, "Why in the hell would you ask that?" (And even though the plain text of the sentence indicates that Ochocinco didn't actually say, "Why in the hell would you ask that?," we still need to point out that he didn't say it. Otherwise, some of you will think that he did.)

That doesnt mean anything.

The pointless hate of the great Esteban Ochocinco by some of the numbskulls that visit this place is hilarious. You anus-grips need to lighten up.

Beantown Bronco
12-18-2009, 10:31 AM

Guilty until proven innocent?

Broncoman13
12-18-2009, 10:35 AM

How in the hell do you know what was going on? YOU assume she was in some kind of danger. You assume he was being violent.

I mean really, keep your assumptions on the back burner until all the evidence is brought forward.

For now, I think she killed the man. I think she overreacted and now she is the one who has left her kids fatherless.

But, that's just me.

\

Have you listened to the 911 call? He was pounding on the roof and the back of the cab. I'd say if somebody jumped into the back of my truck and was pounding on the roof, I'd be scared ****less too.

bowtown
12-18-2009, 10:37 AM
\

Have you listened to the 911 call? He was pounding on the roof and the back of the cab. I'd say if somebody jumped into the back of my truck and was pounding on the roof, I'd be scared ****less too.

Especailly if there was a serial killer with a hook hand on the loose.

Los Broncos
12-18-2009, 10:39 AM
He said he was going to kill himself if she left, wow that is crazy, very sad.

Tombstone RJ
12-18-2009, 12:01 PM
Guilty until proven innocent?

Its a sad story any way you look at it. All I'm saying is if his death was reasonably preventable, then his fiance may have to be held accountable for her actions.

I don't know what happened leading up to the moment he smashed his skull on the pavement.

JJJ
12-18-2009, 12:27 PM

But, that's just me.

Ahh, the Merriman defense. "Stop this truck you drunken b****."

Somehow Henry doesn't seem like the hero type.

There was an eyewitness who was interviewed who said he was beating on the top of the truck.

But thanks for making sure no one on an internet forum prejudges him too early counselor.

Hogan11
12-18-2009, 12:52 PM
That doesnt mean anything.

The pointless hate of the great Esteban Ochocinco by some of the numbskulls that visit this place is hilarious. You anus-grips need to lighten up.

Surely you jest...pointless? Money's down he goes for max exploitation this weekend under the guise of a tribute (a tribute he's already performed BTW). Afterall, the cameras are never far away and he knows they will be tuned in with high expectations to see what HE will do. I guarentee you whatever he does, it won't be subtle (like say Plummer did with Tillman) nor ultimately tasteful.

Tombstone RJ
12-18-2009, 01:58 PM
Ahh, the Merriman defense. "Stop this truck you drunken b****."

Somehow Henry doesn't seem like the hero type.

There was an eyewitness who was interviewed who said he was beating on the top of the truck.

But thanks for making sure no one on an internet forum prejudges him too early counselor.

Until all the facts are in, it's a little early to say she's not at least partially responsible for her actions which resulted in the death of the man she supposedly loved.

bowtown
12-18-2009, 02:01 PM
Until all the facts are in, it's a little early to say she's not at least partially responsible for her actions which resulted in the death of the man she supposedly loved.

Don't you mean until the facts are in, it's a little early to say she IS partially responsible? Pretty sure we live in America still.

bombay
12-18-2009, 02:26 PM
It would be nice if those who hate/disrespect/wish to denigrate a recently deceased person would do it somewhere other than the thread in which those of us who wish to pay respect do so.

Really pathetic run on sentence.

Tombstone RJ
12-18-2009, 02:41 PM
Don't you mean until the facts are in, it's a little early to say she IS partially responsible? Pretty sure we live in America still.

I'm not disagreeing. Lets see what all the facts are. My contention is the guy is dead, why? Is it because he was a raging lunatic hell bent on hurting his fiance and now he's dead because of his actions? Possibly, yes.

Or is it because the fiance was driving too aggressively, possibly with the intent to dump Henry, thus killing him?

Is their a history of domestic abuse between Henry and his fiance? I don't know... if not, then I think her actions might be a little over the top.

Requiem
12-18-2009, 02:44 PM
People die every day. Chris Henry passing on isn't any different than Tilly Buttertits from Charlotte, NC biting the dust after falling down a flight of stairs at the local Raddison.

leon
12-18-2009, 02:44 PM
i guess we all have a spotless past!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Atwater His Ass
12-18-2009, 02:58 PM
People die every day. Chris Henry passing on isn't any different than Tilly Butterboobies from Charlotte, NC biting the dust after falling down a flight of stairs at the local Raddison.

I agree with this argument. Nobody gives a **** about regular people that die every day in all manner of death.

How come there's not a thread on here for the 6000 or so people in Africa that die of AIDS every day?

But let's get all broken up and start flashing the moral high ground because some idiot fell out of the back of a truck.

Popps
12-18-2009, 03:22 PM
But let's get all broken up and start flashing the moral high ground because some idiot fell out of the back of a truck.

I figured it would only be a day or so before the eTough-guys started bashing people for having some compassion in here. No surprise.

Beyond that, you're offering very flawed logic. You're comparing the death of people we don't know to the death of someone we do. People dying of AIDs in Africa is certainly a tragedy, and if we knew the individual story of each one of them, I'm sure there would be similar feelings. The problem is, we don't know their stories.

America is the most charitable nation on earth, so let's set aside the notion that we don't care about anyone's plight or anyone dying.

Henry was a public figure. He was a flawed and troubled person who grew up in the limelight. He appeared to be recently turning his life around for the better. He was 26. So, when you know someone's story, and you see pictures of their three children, it presents a sense of familiarity and it's normal for people to feel compassion.

If you don't feel compassion, that's fine. You're a tough-guy.

But, I'm fairly sure people don't need you in here disciplining them for sending out some positive energy/thoughts about a tragic situation.

If it's so grating on your nerves to hear people speak compassionately about someone who has passed, maybe it would be more intelligent for you to simply avoid clicking on these threads in the future.

That One Guy
12-18-2009, 04:23 PM
Who deemed that this is a postive only thread? I happen to think the guy was a turd and then became a stupid turd projectile. Maybe I want to take that stance. Are there rules that say I can't?

If not, quit trying to be all high and mighty. There's much more honorable people dying right now. Go find one and praise them. Don't go sentimental for someone you really didn't care about yesterday just because he did something stupid.

broncswin
12-18-2009, 04:31 PM
Who deemed that this is a postive only thread? I happen to think the guy was a turd and then became a stupid turd projectile. Maybe I want to take that stance. Are there rules that say I can't?

If not, quit trying to be all high and mighty. There's much more honorable people dying right now. Go find one and praise them. Don't go sentimental for someone you really didn't care about yesterday just because he did something stupid.

yep...sad for his kids, but he was a dipsh*t

Florida_Bronco
12-18-2009, 04:45 PM
I figured it would only be a day or so before the eTough-guys started bashing people for having some compassion in here. No surprise.

Beyond that, you're offering very flawed logic. You're comparing the death of people we don't know to the death of someone we do. People dying of AIDs in Africa is certainly a tragedy, and if we knew the individual story of each one of them, I'm sure there would be similar feelings. The problem is, we don't know their stories.

America is the most charitable nation on earth, so let's set aside the notion that we don't care about anyone's plight or anyone dying.

Henry was a public figure. He was a flawed and troubled person who grew up in the limelight. He appeared to be recently turning his life around for the better. He was 26. So, when you know someone's story, and you see pictures of their three children, it presents a sense of familiarity and it's normal for people to feel compassion.

But, I'm fairly sure people don't need you in here disciplining them for sending out some positive energy/thoughts about a tragic situation.

If it's so grating on your nerves to hear people speak compassionately about someone who has passed, maybe it would be more intelligent for you to simply avoid clicking on these threads in the future.

Great post. I agree.

Popps
12-18-2009, 05:18 PM
Don't go sentimental for someone you really didn't care about yesterday just because he did something stupid.

Yea, maybe you can go tell his kids that.

I don't recall anyone saying you had to like him. But, if you don't think three toddlers losing their father is sad... I suppose you're just very different than most human beings.

TDmvp
12-18-2009, 08:16 PM

Great post. I agree.

/agree ... +1 Popps ..

I LIVE in Cincinnati ... Hate the Bengals for the most part and didn't want Mike Brown to give Chris another shot after he was cut ... But ...

To not feel bad for a 26 year old who made a bunch of mistakes and was learning from them and also took in a bunch of people from Katrina who about got him arrested and didn't appreciate what he done for them AND Learned one more lesson in a way I wish none of you do ... by having it cost him his life ... But to not feel bad for someone short of a killer or violent criminal who made a mistake and died is either A. gutless and classless . B. Stupid . or C. Fake Enet bs ...

Hotwheelz
12-18-2009, 09:01 PM
How come there's not a thread on here for the 6000 or so people in Africa that die of AIDS every day?

Can they run a 4.4 40 and score touchdowns? I THINK NOT SIR!

Cleo McDowell
12-19-2009, 09:38 AM
Rest in peace.

Cleo McDowell
12-19-2009, 09:44 AM
No. I think that's a little different...you buying a jersey to remember Dwill. I like that.

Sassy: I don't quite get the logic there. I'd be interested to know why you feel 85 wearing Henry's Jersey is sick and every other exception is ok... can you elaborate?

gunns
12-19-2009, 10:43 AM

There's no reason to feel sad for him, IMO, he's in a better place than all of us. But I've been in domestic violence situations and if he was behaving as a madman I don't how I would have reacted. I don't know that we all know what was going on though. And it appears that she did not stop when he went out of the truck because the 911 call was from a man who found him in the middle of the road. To judge anyone yet in this situation is premature, including Henry.

JJG
12-19-2009, 10:52 AM

I don't recall anyone saying you had to like him. But, if you don't think three toddlers losing their father is sad... I suppose you're just very different than most human beings.

exactly.

While none of us knew him personally, we all knew of him because he was always in the public eye. It's very easy to connect and feel like you know someone like that. His is a story of unreached potential which it seemed he had finally come to realize and start to get his life together. Being only 26 only adds to the story. Not to mention leaving behind 3 small children.

Northman
12-19-2009, 11:36 AM

Yea, as there was another (or the same one) witness who stated that Henry made the comment "If you dont stop the truck im going to jump out and kill myself". Henry was no saint, but to assume he was going to get violent with her is silly at this juncture.

That One Guy
12-19-2009, 04:07 PM
Yea, as there was another (or the same one) witness who stated that Henry made the comment "If you dont stop the truck im going to jump out and kill myself". Henry was no saint, but to assume he was going to get violent with her is silly at this juncture.

How fast does one have to be going for someone to hear a statement like that? Stopped at a red light?

I'd put money on it that the statement is bogus. I'm usually not a betting man unless I know something others don't.

That One Guy
12-19-2009, 04:09 PM

I already said that sucked. Feel bad for the kids.

To feel bad for the guy though and talk about his unrealized potential... he could've just as easily pulled a gun tomorrow on someone. Maybe this time he shoots.

The guy was a turd. The guy put himself in bad situations time after time through bad decisions.

That'll learn him, I guess.