PDA

View Full Version : the tim tebow effect in the NFL

tsiguy96
12-15-2009, 09:55 PM
after listening to sirius radio and seeing the general feeling for tim tebow, i almost feel bad for tim tebow when he enters the league. a lot of people basically hate him, and its going to cause a mini-divide in whatever fanbase drafts him. i dont think hell be a first rounder, but 2nd rounder maybe and half the fans will feel they wasted a 2nd round pick and the other half will want to see what he can develop into in the pros, and it will be like bronco 2009 offseason all over, wherever it happens.

hes not gonna get a ton of fan support wherever he goes.

BroncoDoug
12-15-2009, 09:57 PM
yeah, i'm kinda split on the guy myself, I mean he is probably the greatest college player in decades, but I don't think he is going to make a very good Pro QB. it will be interesting to see where he ends up, and what his role is going to be.

tsiguy96
12-15-2009, 09:59 PM
edit: nevermind, look at pics of his GF, i dont feel bad for him at all

lex
12-15-2009, 10:03 PM
yeah, i'm kinda split on the guy myself, I mean he is probably the greatest college player in decades, but I don't think he is going to make a very good Pro QB. it will be interesting to see where he ends up, and what his role is going to be.

Im a huge UF fan and I dont even think he is "the greatest player in decades." He's a great player but there have been others before. Having said that, id like for him to do well but its hard to ignore some aspects of his game that could be (or more likely, are) a problem. I think he is a good guy to have on your team but I want more of a finished product out of a first round pick.

Taco John
12-15-2009, 10:03 PM
I think he's a good risk value as a second rounder.

s0phr0syne
12-15-2009, 10:07 PM
I'm so in love with myself that I decided to copy and paste myself from another thread:

One thing to worry about with Tebow is how emotional he gets about the game. People often point to that as being his strength, and they'll rattle off some mumbo-jumbo about how iconic he is, and how he's a great leader, yadda yadda.

Maybe that stuff is true, and maybe he'll do all that. But, a lot of QBs of his caliber through high school and then in college at a big program like that have not dealt with losing. It falls back to that whole "how will he deal with adversity?" issue, and so far he's made a rambling diatribe (which he backed up by winning the NC) and cried on camera. You can call that passion and commitment if you want, but I'd call it overly emotional and potentially reckless. I don't think we're in danger of drafting him, but if the legend of Tim Tebow launches him up the draft board and he lands on a piss-poor team, I'd start worrying about him having a mental breakdown when it takes a while for him to learn how to win in the NFL.

extralife
12-15-2009, 10:14 PM
he's not a good quarterback, end of story.

lex
12-15-2009, 10:17 PM
I'm so in love with myself that I decided to copy and paste myself from another thread:

One thing to worry about with Tebow is how emotional he gets about the game. People often point to that as being his strength, and they'll rattle off some mumbo-jumbo about how iconic he is, and how he's a great leader, yadda yadda.

Maybe that stuff is true, and maybe he'll do all that. But, a lot of QBs of his caliber through high school and then in college at a big program like that have not dealt with losing. It falls back to that whole "how will he deal with adversity?" issue, and so far he's made a rambling diatribe (which he backed up by winning the NC) and cried on camera. You can call that passion and commitment if you want, but I'd call it overly emotional and potentially reckless. I don't think we're in danger of drafting him, but if the legend of Tim Tebow launches him up the draft board and he lands on a piss-poor team, I'd start worrying about him having a mental breakdown when it takes a while for him to learn how to win in the NFL.

Id be less worried about some emotional response and more about whether he can physically do it. The rumor last year was that "the speech" came out of a heated discussion between he and Mullen...and butting heads with Mullen is also on reason he is/was gone. The summer preceding the 2008 season had Tebow going to the Phillippines doing his "greatest human ever" thing but this was at the expense of improving his game. Allegedly, this was a big part of the issue between he and Mullen. So, fast forward to the summer of 2009. Tebow was allegedly trying to clean up parts of his game to become better and even more pro ready. But when you watched him this year, you saw the same clunkyness that has been there in the past. Perhaps there was improvement but it was minimal. Or, perhaps he felt the effects of the concussion? Its hard to know for sure. But thats the problem. Theres too much mystery (if you choose to give him the benefit of the doubt) to use a first on Tebow.

On the other hand, does anyone remember Bradlee Van Pelt against San Diego in 2005? Ha! Even though he was highly effective against the Dolts, you also wonder why Van Pelt was on the roster. But maybe nowadays ther is a premium on running...maybe they see it a way of minimizing risk?

BroncoInferno
12-15-2009, 10:24 PM
Id be less worried about some emotional response and more about whether he can physically do it. The rumor last year was that "the speech" came out of a heated discussion between he and Mullen...and butting heads with Mullen is also on reason he is/was gone. The summer preceding the 2008 season had Tebow going to the Phillippines doing his "greatest human ever" thing but this was at the expense of improving his game. Allegedly, this was a big part of the issue between he and Mullen. So, fast forward to the summer of 2009. Tebow was allegedly trying to clean up parts of his game to become better and even more pro ready. But when you watched him this year, you saw the same clunkyness that has been there in the past. Perhaps there was improvement but it was minimal. Or, perhaps he felt the effects of the concussion? Its hard to know for sure. But thats the problem. Theres too much mystery (if you choose to give him the benefit of the doubt) to use a first on Tebow.

On the other hand, does anyone remember Bradlee Van Pelt against San Diego in 2005? Ha! Even though he was highly effective against the Dolts, you also wonder why Van Pelt was on the roster. But maybe nowadays ther is a premium on running...maybe they see it a way of minimizing risk?

It seems to me that minus Harvin and Murphey he simply was not the dominant player he appeared to be in previous seasons. Seems like the classic case of a QB who looks great in college thanks to the talent around him, but who doesn't have the tools to cut it in the NFL (e.g. Matt Leinart). With lesser talent this season on offense he really looked ordinary at times, especially passing the ball, and even his running was not as effective as it was in the past seasons. He has a clumsy, slow delivery, too. That won't cut it in the NFL. I think his best chance is to commit to playing H-back.

SouthStndJunkie
12-15-2009, 10:26 PM
edit: nevermind, look at pics of his GF, i dont feel bad for him at all

The girl in the popular Tebow GF pic is not really his girlfriend.

lex
12-15-2009, 10:29 PM
It seems to me that minus Harvin and Murphey he simply was not the dominant player he appeared to be in previous seasons. Seems like the classic case of a QB who looks great in college thanks to the talent around him, but who doesn't have the tools to cut it in the NFL (e.g. Matt Leinart). With lesser talent this season on offense he really looked ordinary at times, especially passing the ball, and even his running was not as effective as it was in the past seasons. He has a clumsy, slow delivery, too. That won't cut it in the NFL. I think his best chance is to commit to playing H-back.

Yeah, he was a great college player so, let me make this clear up front. But you have a point. Florida brings in tons of talent...ANNUALLY. So the idea that UF had scrubs after Harvin left is silly. What you are suggesting is that others made him better more than he made others better. This is an observation my brother (also a Gator fan) and I have shared numerous times. Yet its not something you commonly hear of. The reason is that Tebow does a lot on his own, which is impressive. But its a legitimate question as to how much he makes others better. As I said to BroncoDoug, I dont even think he's the best UF player in decades.

BroncoInferno
12-15-2009, 10:35 PM
Yeah, he was a great college player so, let me make this clear up front. But you have a point. Florida brings in tons of talent...ANNUALLY. So the idea that UF had scrubs after Harvin left is silly. What you are suggesting is that others made him better more than he made others better. This is an observation my brother (also a Gator fan) and I have shared numerous times. Yet its not something you commonly hear of. The reason is that Tebow does a lot on his own, which is impressive. But its a legitimate question as to how much he makes others better. As I said to BroncoDoug, I dont even think he's the best UF player in decades.

Please note I did not say that offensive players this season were "scrubs", but that it was simply a less talented group than he had in his other seasons at Florida.

Tebow is a great athlete and on the college level he was able to make a lot of impressive plays on his own. However, great athletes playing QB in college who do not also have premium passing skills do not generally translate to great QBs in the NFL. That's because every player on an NFL roster is a great athlete, so you simply can't get away with relying on athleticism at the NFL level. At least not consistently.

Archer81
12-15-2009, 10:40 PM
If he is drafted as a QB, he would need to go to a team with an older vet established ahead of him where he can sit and work on his mechanics and footwork.

:Broncos:

Popps
12-15-2009, 10:42 PM
I didn't get to see enough of him to have a strong opinion. He looks a little clunky throwing the ball. Seems like a gamer, but I'm not seeing an elite QB when I look at the guy.

Is there any chance a team uses him in some sort of combo-role, platoon kind of thing?

NFL teams are getting more experimental these days. Maybe someone brings him in as a pass/run threat type QB?

lex
12-15-2009, 10:44 PM
Please note I did not say that offensive players this season were "scrubs", but that it was simply a less talented group than he had in his other seasons at Florida.

Tebow is a great athlete and on the college level he was able to make a lot of impressive plays on his own. However, great athletes playing QB in college who do not also have premium passing skills do not generally translate to great QBs in the NFL. That's because every player on an NFL roster is a great athlete, so you simply can't get away with relying on athleticism at the NFL level. At least not consistently.

Well, perhaps there are some who can but there are economic reasons for a QB not to do what they did in college...not to mention, a QB who can pass is still more effective than one who can run. That doesnt mean running QBs cant influence team success. It all goes back to the cliche that there's no defense for a perfect pass.

Regarding the scrubs part. That wasnt me putting words in your mouth as much as it was addressing scuttlebutt that has been out there, much of which is centered around apologizing for Tebow. And just to hammer it home, Louis Murphy has actually been more impressive as a rookie in the NFL than he was at UF. Theres a reason for that and it likely ties into what we've been discussing. And, also, dont forget that a lot of ways they got Harvin the ball was either by getting it to him in the backfield or on some short pass at the LOS and letting him run through the defense.

lex
12-15-2009, 10:46 PM
I didn't get to see enough of him to have a strong opinion. He looks a little clunky throwing the ball. Seems like a gamer, but I'm not seeing an elite QB when I look at the guy.

Is there any chance a team uses him in some sort of combo-role, platoon kind of thing?

NFL teams are getting more experimental these days. Maybe someone brings him in as a pass/run threat type QB?

Oh, the irony.

BroncoInferno
12-15-2009, 10:52 PM
Well, perhaps there are some who can but there are economic reasons for a QB not to do what they did in college...not to mention, a QB who can pass is still more effective than one who can run. That doesnt mean running QBs cant influence team success. It all goes back to the cliche that there's no defense for a perfect pass.

Well, you do have the occasional guy like Michael Vick, Vince Young, or even Kordell Stewart who are such great athletes that they can have some level of success in the NFL. But those guys are/were all wildly inconsistent as passers, and if the opposing defense succeeded at keeping them in the pocket their teams were pretty much screwed. But, honestly, I don't think Tebow is quite as good of an athlete as those guys I mentioned. Plus, even though those guys were inconsistent passers, they all had very good arm strength, which Tebow lacks.

Regarding the scrubs part. That wasnt me putting words in your mouth as much as it was addressing scuttlebutt that has been out there, much of which is centered around apologizing for Tebow. And just to hammer it home, Louis Murphy has actually been more impressive as a rookie in the NFL than he was at UF. Theres a reason for that and it likely ties into what we've been discussing. And, also, dont forget that a lot of ways they got Harvin the ball was either by getting it to him in the backfield or on some short pass at the LOS and letting him run through the defense.

Yeah, I agree with your take here.

BroncoMan4ever
12-15-2009, 10:57 PM

anyone else think that had Van Pelt come out of college a few years later than he did, that he more than likely would have ended up a mid round pick used specifically to run the Wildcat offense?

Jekyll15Hyde
12-15-2009, 10:58 PM

should have closed this thread after post #7

broncocalijohn
12-15-2009, 11:00 PM
he is a good COLLEGE quarterback. Maybe people remember Eric Crouch. If the gadget stuff catches on, he could be a fit somewhere. He is athletic. I do know that TJ would love the Broncos to draft him if it brings a split board. Just think of the traffic everyday from the pro and anti crowd.

lex
12-15-2009, 11:02 PM
Well, you do have the occasional guy like Michael Vick, Vince Young, or even Kordell Stewart who are such great athletes that they can have some level of success in the NFL. But those guys are/were all wildly inconsistent as passers, and if the opposing defense succeeded at keeping them in the pocket their teams were pretty much screwed. But, honestly, I don't think Tebow is quite as good of an athlete as those guys I mentioned.

Yeah, I agree with your take here.

I think Tebow will be a running threat. While some guys have struggled with the passing games when they could also run, there is something that needs to be emphasized. When a QB is a running threat, that makes it a lot easier to pass. Its easy to boil this down to the most basic level if you simply imagine being a QB who has to cover a RB running a circle route while also being mindful of a QB possibly running . The fact that it makes you have one eye in the backfield puts the passer and the receiver at a big advantage. This element should put into perspective how much better the passing QBs are than a lot of the running QBs like McNabb, Vick, etc. McNabb is a better passer but Ive seen him miss A LOT of easy passes to. Which takes me back to his ability to run. Think of guys like Kelly, Marino, Moon, etc...guys who presented no threat of running yet made offenses work through the air. Just think how much better they are/were at passing the ball than guys like Vick, McNabb, and possibly Tebow. Regardless, youre right a lot of QBs do struggle passing when they can also run. But it shouldnt be forgotten that their running threat gives them an advantage when it comes to passing. This advantage can possibly serve as an equalizer to some extent. I say to some extent because I still think that if you run up against the better teams that you typically see in the post season, youre better off with a QB who can pass with one who can run...even though nothing is set in stone.

Archer81
12-15-2009, 11:07 PM
he is a good COLLEGE quarterback. Maybe people remember Eric Crouch. If the gadget stuff catches on, he could be a fit somewhere. He is athletic. I do know that TJ would love the Broncos to draft him if it brings a split board. Just think of the traffic everyday from the pro and anti crowd.

If the Broncos drafted Tebow, I'd be ok with it. He has an interesting skill set and it would be more interesting to see how he develops with McDaniels. The team has more pressing needs however then a project at QB. I've watched almost every Florida game this season, he has the arm strength, but his mechanics make me want to yak.

Play2win
12-15-2009, 11:07 PM

Ha! Can you imagine him and McD on the Sidelines... It would be a RIOT!!!

BroncoInferno
12-15-2009, 11:10 PM
I think Tebow will be a running threat. While some guys have struggled with the passing games when they could also run, there is something that needs to be emphasized. When a QB is a running threat, that makes it a lot easier to pass. Its easy to boil this down to the most basic level if you simply imagine being a QB who has to cover a RB running a circle route while also being mindful of a QB possibly running . The fact that it makes you have one eye in the backfield puts the passer and the receiver at a big advantage. This element should put into perspective how much better the passing QBs are than a lot of the running QBs like McNabb, Vick, etc. McNabb is a better passer but Ive seen him miss A LOT of easy passes to. Which takes me back to his ability to run. Think of guys like Kelly, Marino, Moon, etc...guys who presented no threat of running yet made offenses work through the air. Just think how much better they are/were at passing the ball than guys like Vick, McNabb, and possibly Tebow. Regardless, youre right a lot of QBs do struggle passing when they can also run. But it shouldnt be forgotten that their running threat gives them an advantage when it comes to passing. This advantage can possibly serve as an equalizer to some extent. I say to some extent because I still think that if you run up against the better teams that you typically see in the post season, youre better off with a QB who can pass with one who can run...even though nothing is set in stone.

Yeah, but that type of QB has never resulted in his team winning a championship. Usually, they run into a team that contains them in the pocket and challenges them to kill them with the pass, and they can't do it. Also, like I said, while guys like Vick and Young are not consistent as passers, they at least have top shelf arm strength that allows them to somewhat overcome their less refined passing skills. Tebow doesn't have that kind of arm. As far as his running, he is not fast and elusive the way Vick and Young and those other guys I mentioned are. He runs straight ahead, which is part of what people found fascinating about him. You just don't see a QB lowering his shoulder into LBs that often. But I really don't see him charging over the Ray Lewis' of the world the way he ran over guys in college.

lex
12-15-2009, 11:19 PM
Yeah, but that type of QB has never resulted in his team winning a championship. Usually, they run into a team that contains them in the pocket and challenges them to kill them with the pass, and they can't do it. Also, like I said, while guys like Vick and Young are not consistent as passers, they at least have top shelf arm strength that allows them to somewhat overcome their less refined passing skills. Tebow doesn't have that kind of arm. As far as his running, he is not fast and elusive the way Vick and Young and those other guys I mentioned are. He runs straight ahead, which is part of what people found fascinating about him. You just don't see a QB lowering his shoulder into LBs that often. But I really don't see him charging over the Ray Lewis' of the world the way he ran over guys in college.

Tebow has a stronger arm than many give him credit for. He wont be running over Lewis but that doesnt mean Lewis wouldnt be less effective covering in pass protection if he has to watch out for Tebow's running. I think the bigger issue is not whether Tebow can run but how he runs. Its very physical and the NFL has a lot of guys who, like you said, are very fast and hit really hard. I think the bigger issue is how he runs more than if he can run and its about wear and tear.

yavoon
12-15-2009, 11:21 PM
does he really wna be a qb? or would he be willing to be a TE or something?

BroncoInferno
12-15-2009, 11:25 PM
Tebow has a stronger arm than many give him credit for. He wont be running over Lewis but that doesnt mean Lewis wouldnt be less effective covering in pass protection if he has to watch out for Tebow's running. I think the bigger issue is not whether Tebow can run but how he runs. Its very physical and the NFL has a lot of guys who, like you said, are very fast and hit really hard. I think the bigger issue is how he runs more than if he can run and its about wear and tear.

I don't see the arm strength at all. His ball seems to float even on shorter pass plays. You can get away with that in college, but the windows close too fast in the NFL. Plus, he has that slow, clunky delivery. Maybe someone could coach that out of him. And, yeah, he probably would not hold up very long lowering his shoulder into NFL linebackers. Even if he could, the wear and tear from that style of running would probably effect his passing as the season progressed.

broncocalijohn
12-15-2009, 11:26 PM

i think he just wants to play

lex
12-15-2009, 11:26 PM
I don't see the arm strength at all. His ball seems to float even on shorter pass plays. You can get away with that in college, but the windows close too fast in the NFL. Plus, he has that slow, clunky delivery. Maybe someone could coach that out of him. And, yeah, he probably would not hold up very long lowering his shoulder into NFL linebackers. Even if he could, the wear and tear from that style of running would probably effect his passing as the season progressed.

Yeah, his mechanics suck. Arm strength is less of an issue if it is at all.

BroncoInferno
12-15-2009, 11:27 PM

He has basically said in interviews that his dream is to play QB in the NFL and he wants a shot to do that, but that he'll play wherever his team wants him to.

Popps
12-15-2009, 11:29 PM
It's intriguing.

I have to admit... I sort of like the Mike Vick idea. Not Mike Vick the human, of course... but Mike Vick the plug-in weapon. Sure seems like something like that would be great for us.

BroncoInferno
12-15-2009, 11:30 PM
Yeah, his mechanics suck. Arm strength is less of an issue if it is at all.

I don't see the necessary velocity on his throws on the short to intermediate level. Even guys like Orton and Griese who are criticized for their lack of arm strength get pretty good velocity in the shorter area of the field.

yavoon
12-15-2009, 11:34 PM
He has basically said in interviews that his dream is to play QB in the NFL and he wants a shot to do that, but that he'll play wherever his team wants him to.

he doesn't look like a pro qb at all. you'd basically just be taking a guy who could sorta throw a football and teaching him a new position. I had my doubts about alex smith and vince young(and still think they're both pretty subpar), but this would be even more projectie than either of those 2.

houghtam
12-15-2009, 11:44 PM
:worthless

Archer81
12-16-2009, 12:03 AM
I don't see the necessary velocity on his throws on the short to intermediate level. Even guys like Orton and Griese who are criticized for their lack of arm strength get pretty good velocity in the shorter area of the field.

Mechanics. You would think at some point someone would have taught the kid how to set his feet to throw the ball...nope. I think tebow's passing ability has been retarded by coaches who were enamored with his physical size and his athletic ability and decided not to teach him how to be a quarterback. Can he be one? Yes. But the team who drafts him wont get a polished QB right away.

And this make him a TE talk is kind of silly.

OBF1
12-16-2009, 12:06 AM
All this talk about an "Elite quarterback" is garbage. To me and most other people that know football, elite means best of the best, In the NFL right now that means Manning, Brady and Brees, If anyone thinks Tebow OR any other QB in this draft comes with that kinda of talent or hype is out of their mind. Bradford, McCoy or Clauson are not at this point a QB you can honestly say you would bank your franchise on.

Tim Tebow is what he is... A winner at the college level. He is the undisputed leader on his team and gets the best out of his offensive players. The guy hold almost every SEC QB record their is and has won 2 national championships. Not as single person on this board has accomplished half of what this kid has, Yet most of you are now **** ing know it alls about his future and what is best for him in the NFL.

Get over yourselfs. He is not going to be a first round pick, and he is not going to be expected to carry an NFL franchise on his back. He is like any other kid coming out of college with a dream to make it in the NFL.

extralife
12-16-2009, 03:13 AM
All this talk about an "Elite quarterback" is garbage. To me and most other people that know football, elite means best of the best, In the NFL right now that means Manning, Brady and Brees, If anyone thinks Tebow OR any other QB in this draft comes with that kinda of talent or hype is out of their mind. Bradford, McCoy or Clauson are not at this point a QB you can honestly say you would bank your franchise on.

Tim Tebow is what he is... A winner at the college level. He is the undisputed leader on his team and gets the best out of his offensive players. The guy hold almost every SEC QB record their is and has won 2 national championships. Not as single person on this board has accomplished half of what this kid has, Yet most of you are now **** ing know it alls about his future and what is best for him in the NFL.

Get over yourselfs. He is not going to be a first round pick, and he is not going to be expected to carry an NFL franchise on his back. He is like any other kid coming out of college with a dream to make it in the NFL.

what does this even mean

extralife
12-16-2009, 03:14 AM
and Tebow was NOT florida's starting QB for that first championship; Chris Leak was. why do people not remember this

OBF1
12-16-2009, 03:20 AM
what does this even mean

What it means is if you have not accomplished 1/2 of what Tebow has or are a paid NFL coach or scout.... STFU because you are most likely talking out of your ass. Simple enough???

Traveler
12-16-2009, 04:01 AM
All one needs to do is watch this years SEC Championship game to get a taste of what Tebow's performance would resemble in the pros.

barryr
12-16-2009, 05:28 AM
Accuracy is the biggest question mark on Tebow and reading defenses, which will get more complex of course in the NFL. I think he would make a great FB or TE in the NFL, but just a so-so QB who probably would never lead a team to the playoffs.

s0phr0syne
12-16-2009, 06:13 AM
What it means is if you have not accomplished 1/2 of what Tebow has or are a paid NFL coach or scout.... STFU because you are most likely talking out of your ass. Simple enough???

/message board

oubronco
12-16-2009, 06:18 AM
Miami could utilize his talent for the wildcat other than that he's not as good as Vick

400HZ
12-16-2009, 07:14 AM
He is one of the top five all time greatest college football players. I loved watching him.

There isn't a single aspect of his game that translates into the Pro's. I wouldn't draft him.

gyldenlove
12-16-2009, 07:47 AM
I don't like Tebow as much more than a gimmick player, he might translate his game like Randle El and the druggie from Jacksonville did, but I doubt he will ever be a good pro QB, his accuracy is not good enough and like so many mobile QBs before him he is very vulnerable to slow decisions since in the NFL your choices are not as simple as if coverage then run, which you can do in college.

Ramathorn
12-16-2009, 07:54 AM

Ditto. Dont waste a pick on him unless its mr irrelevent's pick

ward63
12-16-2009, 07:55 AM
He is a better version of Pat White and he was taken in the second.

DenverBrit
12-16-2009, 08:22 AM
He'd make a good team Evangelist......McD would have to watch his Mother***** language.

Br0nc0Buster
12-16-2009, 08:43 AM
He is a better version of Pat White and he was taken in the second.

and how is that working out for the Dolphins?

It was a pretty stupid pick

Br0nc0Buster
12-16-2009, 08:44 AM
He'd make a good team Evangelist......McD would have to watch his Mother***** language.

We already have Dawkins

Im sure though if McD saw Tebows throwing mechanics a few "mother****er"s would get thrown out there

BroncoBen
12-16-2009, 08:59 AM

Welcome to the NFL Tim Tebow where the speed of the game is much faster than college, you may have been able to get some yards by pulling the ball and running.. that is going to be negated in the NFL. Also let me introduce you to Ed Reed, Troy Polamaul.. players who can not only run, but hit.

colonelbeef
12-16-2009, 09:15 AM
why would you feel bad for him? He brings it on himself. God boy needs to shut his damn mouth, 90% of the country doesn't want religion jammed into their faces

Mountain Bronco
12-16-2009, 09:44 AM
Tebow won't play for McD after that sideline rant where he cursed. He would have to pray for weaks. I don't want virgins on the Broncos. Doesn't seem right to me to be a virgin and playing in the NFL. To each their own I guess. The real question is: Can he be a good NFL Quarterback? My answer is NO!

Popps
12-16-2009, 09:49 AM
Tebow won't play for McD after that sideline rant where he cursed. He would have to pray for weaks.

:rofl:

Tim is just try to lead a mother****ing holy life. Get off his back.

Popps
12-16-2009, 09:50 AM
It's funny watching his Youtube vids, though. He's sort of super-hero like. If not football, he's got a competitive calling of some sort. The guy get jacked up. I like that aspect.

Pony Boy
12-16-2009, 09:53 AM
Tim Tebow will be used in the NFL to fill the stadium in Jacksonville .....
The Owner wants him and the fans want him, they are not going to let him go to another team he will sell season tickets. He's like Doug Flutie was to the New England area when he signed for the New Jersey Generals and later played for the Patriots, he sold tickets.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_college_uf/2009/09/jacksonville-jaguars-owner-wayne-weaver-wants-tim-tebow.html#more

cartel
12-16-2009, 10:19 AM
i actually don't mind tebow, reminds me of christian laettner (whom i hated). great college player, not a great pro prospect but will contribute in the pros if given a chance. all he did was win and looks like a good kid. cut the kid some slack, some just want to pile it on and i think it's undeserved.

broncocalijohn
12-16-2009, 10:24 AM
why would you feel bad for him? He brings it on himself. God boy needs to shut his damn mouth, 90% of the country doesn't want religion jammed into their faces

I would take that than a player drunk and killed someone while driving, a player killing his pregnant girlfriend, drug trafficing, etc.

LonghornBronco
12-16-2009, 12:48 PM
He reminds me of a slightly more hyped Bradlee VanPelt...

Chris
12-16-2009, 02:11 PM
Tebow's girlfriend

http://www.pro-sportsmemorabilia.com/lucypinder.jpg

extralife
12-16-2009, 02:15 PM

oooh, so it means you are an idiot with a penchant for the stupidest of all logical fallacies. glad we cleared that up.

Smiling Assassin27
12-16-2009, 02:33 PM

Van Pelt had some legit speed, Tebow will not run away from defenders in teh NFL and isn't very elusive. I like the guy alot, and hope the NFL only gives him what he asks for--an opportunity. If he fails, so be it, and I think he'd be the first to own up to that. Would I use a 2nd rounder on him? No. I see him as 4th or 5th round fodder but hope I'm wrong.

Doggcow
12-16-2009, 03:34 PM
Tebow will be a solid Pro. Everyone has it wrong. LOCKER is the one that is the bust.

TheChamp24
12-16-2009, 05:20 PM
The main thing I don't like about Tebow's prospect in the NFL, is that when he ran the ball in Florida, it was a running back running straight ahead. This wasn't Vince Young or Michael Vick who eluded defenders and avoided hits, he ran right into them.

SJ Bronco
12-16-2009, 05:37 PM
Tebow's girlfriend

http://www.pro-sportsmemorabilia.com/lucypinder.jpg

he better get an NFL contract. She seems like she may want more than a white picket fence and a regular seat at the front church pew.:thumbsup:

How is this guy a virgin?

SJ Bronco
12-16-2009, 05:39 PM

Saying he is slightly more hyped than anyone is like saying John Madden liked to talk about Brett Farve every once in a while.:wiggle:

SJ Bronco
12-16-2009, 05:43 PM
Tebow will be a solid Pro. Everyone has it wrong. LOCKER is the one that is the bust.

:spit:

http://www.funny-funny-pictures.com/dp/files/1-291.jpg

Archer81
12-16-2009, 05:45 PM
he better get an NFL contract. She seems like she may want more than a white picket fence and a regular seat at the front church pew.:thumbsup:

How is this guy a virgin?

It all depends on what his definition of IS is...

2KBack
12-16-2009, 06:00 PM
The main thing I don't like about Tebow's prospect in the NFL, is that when he ran the ball in Florida, it was a running back running straight ahead. This wasn't Vince Young or Michael Vick who eluded defenders and avoided hits, he ran right into them.

for the sake of discussion, why is this a problem?

Tim Tebow 6'3" 245lbs
Peyton Hillis 6'1" 240lbs

TheChamp24
12-16-2009, 06:55 PM
for the sake of discussion, why is this a problem?

Tim Tebow 6'3" 245lbs
Peyton Hillis 6'1" 240lbs

How many franchise QB's are still around after taking a lot of beatings?

tsiguy96
12-16-2009, 07:04 PM

elway :yayaya:

2KBack
12-16-2009, 07:41 PM

Kind of impossible to determine. What do you mean by "beatings?" Do you mean sacked a lot? If so Elway is a good example, and Ben Rothlesberger has been the most sacked QB for like 4-5 years running. If you are talking about running QB's, Steve Young may have retired from concussions but he played for 15 years even if he only started for 9, that's a full career. Randall Cunningham took quite a few hits in his day and played for 16 years.

Of all those guys, only Big Ben has the type of physical stature of Tebow.

Besides, I never called Tebow a franchise QB. I pointed out that he has the physical size of a fullback, a huge fullback, and could dish out just as much damage.

strafen
12-16-2009, 08:05 PM

Help me ouit here...
What you just said, is that primarily based on what everybody else is saying, or is it truly your own assessment?
It seems to me that everybody is on the media and expert's bandwagon when it comes down to Tim Tebow prospect of being an NFL QB.

To me, I think he's got a good chance of making into the NFL and be a productive starter.
We of course don't know this. I've seen experts being wrong before
I measure how much heart a player has. Tim Tebow has a lot of heart and plays inspired football. Those intangibles is what has made him a great college QB and the came intangibles that will never go away no matter at what level he plays.
Those things can not be taught. Either you have it or you don't.
That to me will be the key to his success along with his already sound athletic abilities.

We'll see. You can put me down for one who thinks he's going to be far better than people think...

extralife
12-16-2009, 10:35 PM
guys I have a lot of heart ok just sign me up and I will pray a lot and then you can make a movie about me when I win the super bowl on force of personality

strafen
12-16-2009, 10:50 PM
Welcome to the NFL Tim Tebow where the speed of the game is much faster than college, you may have been able to get some yards by pulling the ball and running.. that is going to be negated in the NFL. Also let me introduce you to Ed Reed, Troy Polamaul.. players who can not only run, but hit.

Kyle Orton is a sloth, and yet, he too can move around...sometimes.
I can guarantee you he's way faster than Orton, for comparison and putting things into perspective for you...

DenverBrit
12-17-2009, 08:38 AM
Kyle Orton is a sloth, and yet, he too can move around...sometimes.
I can guarantee you he's way faster than Orton, for comparison and putting things into perspective for you...

Orton runs the option?

Tebow has neither the skill for QB or the speed for any other position....unless he can punt.

Of course, Oakland could use a missionary, but not even Mormons would go into the Black Hole. ;D

Rock Chalk
12-17-2009, 10:19 AM
I think he's a good risk value as a <span style="text-decoration:line-through">second</span> seventh rounder.

Fixed it for you.

alkemical
08-24-2011, 12:40 PM
Tebow

_Oro_
08-24-2011, 12:52 PM
after listening to sirius radio and seeing the general feeling for tim tebow, i almost feel bad for tim tebow when he enters the league. a lot of people basically hate him, and its going to cause a mini-divide in whatever fanbase drafts him. i dont think hell be a first rounder, but 2nd rounder maybe and half the fans will feel they wasted a 2nd round pick and the other half will want to see what he can develop into in the pros, and it will be like bronco 2009 offseason all over, wherever it happens.

not a bad take actually.

tsiguy96
08-25-2011, 06:16 PM
holy old post.

maher_tyler
08-25-2011, 07:34 PM
holy old post.

Pretty much spot on, good call!

Boobs McGee
08-25-2011, 08:43 PM
chris' comments in here are hilarious....SORRY MY GAY FRIEND!!!!! But, I'm glad to see you've changed your tune about the kid ;D

Broncos4tw
08-25-2011, 10:15 PM
He is hated? Poor guy! He was drafted well ahead of where he should have been, due to a reaching McDaniel's "good character guy" policy. Because of where he was drafted, he got a MUCH larger contract that he ought to have. More people wore his jersey by FAR than our starting QB. He has TV deals, and is playing like crap.. and we are supposed to feel bad for him?

How about he proves he is worth that first round pick? Instead of feeling sorry for the rich kid.

broncocalijohn
08-25-2011, 10:35 PM

you and dragster back.... LORD (or Tebow) help us. Please provide with that 90% "fact" you are using and also, haven't heard too much from him during the season concerning his views, book or whatever he is pushing.
I am also one that thinks Orton should be starting this year.

strafen
08-26-2011, 06:18 AM
you and dragster back.... LORD (or Tebow) help us. Please provide with that 90% "fact" you are using and also, haven't heard too much from him during the season concerning his views, book or whatever he is pushing.
I am also one that thinks Orton should be starting this year.You do realize this is an old thread, right?
Moron!

alkemical
08-26-2011, 06:33 AM
I bet you, I could bump 3 old tebow threads every few days and a large % of people won't even know it.

Jay3
08-26-2011, 06:41 AM

Quoted for prophetic-ness.

Jack1118son
08-26-2011, 06:44 AM
I do know that TJ would love the Broncos to draft him if it brings a split board. Just think of the traffic everyday from the pro and anti crowd.

Good call on this, I think if I see one more Tebow thread I'm going to stab my eye out....well maybe not that bad, but sweet jesus...

bronco militia
08-26-2011, 07:07 AM

:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy

Crushaholic
08-26-2011, 07:14 AM

You, sir, are a prophet extraordinaire...:notworthy

alkemical
08-26-2011, 07:26 AM
Good call on this, I think if I see one more Tebow thread I'm going to stab my eye out....well maybe not that bad, but sweet jesus...

I hit that limit the other day, and took a ***itol.

Crushaholic
08-26-2011, 07:29 AM

Apparently, you don't come around THAT often. You have 110 posts in 8 years...Ha!

jhns
08-26-2011, 07:30 AM
I hit that limit the other day, and took a ***itol.

You hit the limit? You made the problem worse...

Why do you hang out on a football message board when you clearly don't care about football? When was the last time you actually had a football related post? Have you ever even tried breaking something down and posting some facts?

Keep crying though. It is good entertainment.

alkemical
08-26-2011, 07:54 AM
Each time you create a new Tebow thread, a kitten masturbates.