PDA

View Full Version : Who has the biggest selection of Broncos Gear in Denver?

Mile High Mojoe
12-15-2009, 02:24 PM
I’m flying into Denver to see the Raiders game this weekend and was wondering where the biggest selection of all things Broncos is? In an earlier post someone said Invesco and another said the Sportsfan on Federal. Any help here?

I haven’t been in Denver in 11 years so I wouldn’t know where to go. I may not be back for a while so I want a chance to load up on the latest gear.

Master___Pain
12-15-2009, 02:36 PM
Iím flying into Denver to see the Raiders game this weekend and was wondering where the biggest selection of all things Broncos is? In an early post someone said Invesco and another said the Sportsfan on Federal. Any help here?

I havenít been in Denver in 11 years so I wouldnít know where to go. I may not be back for a while so I want a chance to load up on the latest gear.

The team store at Invesco has item that you can only get there. Damn good selection too. Both places that have been suggested are right there and easy to stop by on gameday.

On thing about the team store is it's open from outside the stadium until about noon (you may want to verify this for the exact time) and after that you can only access it from inside the stadium. I'd say try and go early because that place is a zoo from about 12:30 on on game days.

Blueflame
12-15-2009, 02:53 PM
I'd also suggest that you check out some of the thrift stores... you can find some really nice stuff there (I've found Bronco gear that had never been worn; still had the tags on it. )

OBF1
12-15-2009, 03:04 PM
The sports fan is a good place as well. I have a ton of stuff from that store. It is west of Mile High, you can see it from the parking lot.. worth the 3 minute walk :thumbs:

Los Broncos
12-15-2009, 03:05 PM
Team store and a place accross the street from Coors frield, not sure it's open any longer but that place had some good stuff.

Los Broncos
12-15-2009, 03:07 PM
I'd also suggest that you check out some of the thrift stores... you can find some really nice stuff there (I've found Bronco gear that had never been worn; still had the tags on it. )

Down at Marshalls and Ross? Yes they do have some shirts and stuff, not to bad.

Mile High Mojoe
12-15-2009, 03:08 PM
Thanks guys. The thrift stores are an excellent idea but time will be limited. I fly in Saturday morning and leave on Monday so Saturday afternoon will be the only time I have to look. Its good Invesco has a lot of stuff that you can't find anywhere else. That's the type of stuff I'm looking for.

I've surfed every website known to man so I know what's available there, that's why I was wondering if there were some stores in Denver that sale items that you can't find on the web.

Popps
12-15-2009, 03:09 PM
I've heard to check Bills.

When I was there, I did the thrift-store circuit and did pretty well. I also stopped at Marshalls, and grabbed a sweatshirt. It was a trip to see so much gear everywhere, being an out-of-towner. Must be nice.

Los Broncos
12-15-2009, 03:12 PM
Thanks guys. The thrift stores are an excellent idea but time will be limited. I fly in Saturday morning and leave on Monday so Saturday afternoon will be the only time I have to look. Its good Invesco has a lot of stuff that you can't find anywhere else. That's the type of stuff I'm looking for.

I've surfed every website known to man so I know what's available there, that's why I was wondering if there were some stores in Denver that sale items that you can't find on the web.

You can search the gift shops at the outdoor mall, those places have a lot of stuff as well.

bfoflcommish
12-15-2009, 03:27 PM
Team store and a place accross the street from Coors frield, not sure it's open any longer but that place had some good stuff.

the store across from coors field has closed!

go to team store for best selection.

Los Broncos
12-15-2009, 03:33 PM

That's what I thought when I was there this year, looked closed down.

SouthStndJunkie
12-15-2009, 04:30 PM
Go to the team store at the stadium and the SportsFan store right up the hill on Federal....you can check them both out as they are a 5 minute walk from each other.

If you like Broncos memorabilia, you have to go to Bill's Sports Collectibles on South Broadway. It's a very unique store and you could literally look at stuff for hours and come back the next day and find some stuff you missed. They will haggle on the prices as well.

broncosteven
12-15-2009, 06:55 PM
Here:

http://www.nflshop.com/home/index.jsp

RhymesayersDU
12-15-2009, 06:57 PM

That stinks, I LOVED going to that store when I'd come into town and stay downtown.

Anyways, I too am hitting Invesco's store on Saturday. Oddly enough, I'm returning a Marshall jersey. (Somewhat of a long story; got an authentic Clady instead)

PaintballCLE
12-15-2009, 07:36 PM
if your looking for apparel......... i heard a place named gordmans has a TON CHEAP

broncobum6162
12-15-2009, 08:15 PM
Meck 77 told me about an off the wall sporting goods store that I believe was @ I 25 and
S. Colorado vincinity. Mrs. Bum and I went there when we were out there together 5 yrs. ago and they had a veritable plethora of new and old school Bronco stuff. Sorry I can't remember the name. Maybe somebody else can help me out?

DHallblows
12-15-2009, 10:27 PM
I've heard to check Bills.

Go to the team store at the stadium and the SportsFan store right up the hill on Federal....you can check them both out as they are a 5 minute walk from each other.

If you like Broncos memorabilia, you have to go to Bill's Sports Collectibles on South Broadway. It's a very unique store and you could literally look at stuff for hours and come back the next day and find some stuff you missed. They will haggle on the prices as well.

The answer is Bills. Without a doubt. It's amazing, has a ridiculous selection and will be way cheaper than the team store. Everywhere will be cheaper, I'm surprised so many people are suggesting it.
But convenience and time-wise the team store will be your best option, Bills is like 20 or so minutes away from the stadium unfortunately. But I'd HIGHLY suggest Bills

Popps
12-15-2009, 10:30 PM
The answer is Bills. Without a doubt. It's amazing, has a ridiculous selection and will be way cheaper than the team store. Everywhere will be cheaper, I'm surprised so many people are suggesting it.
But convenience and time-wise the team store will be your best option, Bills is like 20 or so minutes away from the stadium unfortunately. But I'd HIGHLY suggest Bills

I didn't make it to Bills last time I was there, which bums me out. I will next time, for sure.

Hogan11
12-15-2009, 10:37 PM
The SportsFan is great but be advised, last I knew they carried nothing but replicas jersey-wise, so if you want an authentic, look elsewhere.

DHallblows
12-15-2009, 10:41 PM
I didn't make it to Bills last time I was there, which bums me out. I will next time, for sure.

It's literally the only place I shop for sports memorabilia, you need to make it there next time you're in town.

I got a replica Marshall jersey for $15. It was like 3 games in, so things between the team and him still didn't appear solid so it was back in the discount area. But even if he leaves next year, I'm more than happy with a years use out of a jersey for only $15. I remember getting an Ian Gold jersey the year he came back for like $9.99 because he was still on the sale rack, too.

But ignoring my cheap-ass, authentic jerseys of completely current players are still like $50 or so less than at the teams store for all 5 major sports. Complete quality all around :thumbs:

Hogan11
12-15-2009, 10:46 PM
It's literally the only place I shop for sports memorabilia, you need to make it there next time you're in town.

I got a replica Marshall jersey for $15. It was like 3 games in, so things between the team and him still didn't appear solid so it was back in the discount area. But even if he leaves next year, I'm more than happy with a years use out of a jersey for only $15. I remember getting an Ian Gold jersey the year he came back for like $9.99 because he was still on the sale rack, too.

But ignoring my cheap-ass, authentic jerseys of completely current players are still like $50 or so less than at the teams store for all 5 major sports. Complete quality all around :thumbs:

I've always ment to get to Bills, but never have....the place looks awesome

http://www.billssportscollectibles.com/catalog/preview_cat_expand.asp?CAT_ID=238&PARENTID=86

Popps
12-15-2009, 10:49 PM

Damn fine!

I scoop up ex-player jerseys from time to time. You can just take the name off, replace it or put something custom on there. Can't have enough jersey options.

Look forward to checking it out.

Blueflame
12-15-2009, 10:49 PM
Down at Marshalls and Ross? Yes they do have some shirts and stuff, not to bad.

Those are good places to look too... but I found vintage stuff at places like the Arc and Salvation Army stores...

Los Broncos
12-15-2009, 10:57 PM
Those are good places to look too... but I found vintage stuff at places like the Arc and Salvation Army stores...

Nice, the gift shops downtown works too.

DHallblows
12-15-2009, 11:01 PM
I've always ment to get to Bills, but never have....the place looks awesome

http://www.billssportscollectibles.com/catalog/preview_cat_expand.asp?CAT_ID=238&PARENTID=86

Oh yeah, I forgot about their "Pro Style" or whatever (the fake authentic). Those are always really well priced.
But the biggest seller is all their signed stuff. Helmets, jerseys, balls, cleats maybe (I made that up, I don't remember seeing any cleats :~ohyah!:). And not just the usual big stars, there's probably a Dwayne Carswell or Tom Rouen football in there somewhere for all I know!

Blueflame
12-15-2009, 11:01 PM
Nice, the gift shops downtown works too.

Yeah, but you won't find a heavy winter coat (old-school "D" logo) in the gift shops for ten bucks... ;)

Los Broncos
12-15-2009, 11:07 PM
Yeah, but you won't find a heavy winter coat (old-school "D" logo) in the gift shops for ten bucks... ;)

True, good find.

This year I spend over two hundred dollars at the team store, it sucks you in.

Now this jacket here is bad ass.

http://www.mitchellandness.com/Products/Denver-Broncos-Halfback-Jacket__5447-202-ADBRQF.aspx

Blueflame
12-15-2009, 11:14 PM
True, good find.

http://www.mitchellandness.com/Products/Denver-Broncos-Halfback-Jacket__5447-202-ADBRQF.aspx

That was my favorite purchase... but I also found a baseball cap that was identical to the ones the players were shown wearing in the locker room after the SB XXXII win... for like $2.99...

Los Broncos
12-15-2009, 11:17 PM
That was my favorite purchase... but I also found a baseball cap that was identical to the ones the players were shown wearing in the locker room after the SB XXXII win... for like $2.99...

Good finds, I'm on a break from shopping for a while :approve:

Popps
12-16-2009, 05:16 AM

The one with the life preserver on the side? Got it! :sunshine:

(Though, I paid way more than $2.99 at the time!)

Oh, side-note... Old Navy has some thermals with Broncos logos on the front. My wife found them out here, so I'm sure the Denver area stores have them.

Rock Chalk
12-16-2009, 05:33 AM
True, good find.

When I go to the team store I Put a strict limit of one item per person. My f-ing wife will bleed my dry if I don't.

I want the big Neon Bronco on the ceiling, but they said its not for sale.

Hogan11
12-16-2009, 06:06 AM
True, good find.

I love that jacket, but the price of it is just off the charts.

I picked up the track jacket version of that off eBay and bartered my way into getting it for a C note.

ColoradoDarin
12-16-2009, 06:11 AM

Oh, side-note... Old Navy has some thermals with Broncos logos on the front. My wife found them out here, so I'm sure the Denver area stores have them.

I picked up Broncos t-shirts for me and my wife at Old Navy here in Jacksonville. I was surprised to see them.

broncobum6162
12-16-2009, 06:14 AM
Meck 77 told me about an off the wall sporting goods store that I believe was @ I 25 and
S. Colorado vincinity. Mrs. Bum and I went there when we were out there together 5 yrs. ago and they had a veritable plethora of new and old school Bronco stuff. Sorry I can't remember the name. Maybe somebody else can help me out?

I did a mapquest search on Bills Collectables and it was the place we went to. I knew it was just south of I 25 but had the wrong street. Its at 2335 S. Broadway. Its worth the trip!

Mile High Mojoe
12-16-2009, 07:21 AM
Thanks for the tip guys.

I looked at Bills Collectables website; I plan on making a visit there and to Sportsfan. The main thing I'm looking for are hats. I have hell buying hats because I have a pumpkin head; I have to wear a 7 3/4 fitted. One size doesn't fit all and even the stretch to fit donít fit even the XL. The adjustable hats usually donít wonít work well for me either.

Recently I was online and bought a Rockies cap made by Twins Enterprise itís a stretch to fit XXL. It fits me perfectly. Since it did, Iíve tried without success to find a Twins Enterprise Broncos stretch to fit in XXL online. I guess it doesnít it exist because Iíve yet to find one. I like the stretch to fit better, theyíre made out of 100% cotton and are cooler on the head than the fitted Reebok caps which are made of 65% acrylic and 35% wool which are to hot for summer wear.

I donít know if other guys out there have as much trouble finding caps as I do but it sucks. In the last 10 to 15 years the NFL gear as gotten better and better with more choices but when it comes to caps for big noggins forget it. If you have a big head your SOL

PaintballCLE
12-16-2009, 08:06 AM
Thanks for the tips guys.
<FONT color=black><FONT face=Verdana><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comhttp://www.orangemane.com/BB/ /><o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT></P><P><FONT color=black><FONT face=Verdana>I looked at Bills Collectables website; I plan on making a visit there and to Sportsfan. The main thing I looking for are hats. I have hell buying hats because I have a pumpkin head; I have to wear a 7 3/4 fitted. One size doesn't fit all and even the stretch to fit donít fit even the XL. The adjustable hats usually donít wonít work well for me either. <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT></P><P><FONT color=black><FONT face=Verdana><o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT></P><P><FONT color=black><FONT face=Verdana>Recently I was online and bought </FONT></FONT>ffice:smarttags<st1:place>Rockies</st1:place> cap made by Twins Enterprise itís a stretch to fit XXL. It fits me perfectly. Since it did, Iíve tried without success to find a Twins Enterprise Broncos stretch to fit in XXL online. I guess it doesnít it exist because Iíve yet to find one. I like the stretch to fit better, theyíre made out of 100% cotton and are cooler on the head than the fitted Reebok caps which are made of 65% acrylic and 35% wool which are to hot for summer wear. <o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
I donít know if other guys out there have as much trouble finding caps as I do but it sucks. In the last 10 to 15 years the NFL gear as gotten better and better with more choices but when it comes to caps for big noggins forget it. If you have a big head your SOL. <o:p></o:p>

same problem here.....welcome to the huge head club!

beleive it or not at the castle rock outlet mall (about 25 min south of denver on i25) the lids store there has about 50 different broncos hats all ranging to size 8. may be worth the trip to you

Popps
12-16-2009, 09:44 AM
I love that jacket, but the price of it is just off the charts.

I picked up the track jacket version of that off eBay and bartered my way into getting it for a C note.

Pics please.

broncosteven
12-16-2009, 11:43 AM
True, good find.

I think I had something like that really close to it in the late 70's. It was from JC Penney and didn't cost $240 on sale. Maybe $25-40 bucks tops.

That is nice though. My leather Bronco jacket is starting to show some wear. I have had it a very long time but they are well made.

Los Broncos
12-16-2009, 12:47 PM
Pics please.

http://www.mitchellandness.com/Products/Denver-Broncos-Sideline-Track-Jacket__5533-202-ADBRQF.aspx

Los Broncos
12-16-2009, 12:48 PM
When I go to the team store I Put a strict limit of one item per person. My f-ing wife will bleed my dry if I don't.

I want the big Neon Bronco on the ceiling, but they said its not for sale.

If you take your credit card then your screwed, that's what you always say.

bfoflcommish
12-16-2009, 01:43 PM

for one the question was who has biggest selection not cheapest, and for 2, team store has tons of stuff you cannot get ANYWHERE else.

If y ouare looking for mainly hats like I now see just head to flatirons or park meadows mall and hit up LIDS, there and champs, footlocker etc always have a few to choose from, but again team store will have a much much bigger selection. My son bought an awesome hat from team store, sure it was $38 but whenever he wears it people ask where he got it. Havent seen it at bills, havent seen it on ebay nor even on nflshop.com

Popps
12-16-2009, 01:57 PM
http://www.mitchellandness.com/Products/Denver-Broncos-Sideline-Track-Jacket__5533-202-ADBRQF.aspx

Damn.

That's kick-ass.

Blueflame
12-16-2009, 02:22 PM

Yep... that one.... a nice black cap, but was delighted to realize that it was like the ones they were wearing in the locker room after the SB win (found it in the thrift shop... in mint condition... in 2005)

Flex Gunmetal
12-16-2009, 02:52 PM
Gotta rep Bills too. I've gotten my fav gear there. Good deals and great finds.

Los Broncos
12-16-2009, 03:18 PM

They have those here too, the vintage faded look?

Popps
12-16-2009, 03:34 PM
They have those here too, the vintage faded look?

Yea, kind of cool. Different. My little girl came walking into the room with one on the other day and I hadn't even seen it before.

I'm making a calculated guess that one of those may end up in my stocking, but we'll see. :)

Hogan11
12-16-2009, 04:01 PM
Damn.

That's kick-ass.

eBay my Man, go best offer and barter your way down. Mine runs a little large size-wise, but not too bad.

RhymesayersDU
12-16-2009, 05:07 PM
Speaking of merchandise, just got this guy in the mail today:

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c254/KenyonMartin/clady.jpg

Authentic. Normally I don't buy authentics, but they don't make the Premier ($100 stitched deals) for Clady. Damn offensive linemen not being marketable. Anyways. I might never take it off.

Los Broncos
12-16-2009, 05:12 PM
Speaking of merchandise, just got this guy in the mail today:

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c254/KenyonMartin/clady.jpg

Authentic. Normally I don't buy authentics, but they don't make the Premier ($100 stitched deals) for Clady. Damn offensive linemen not being marketable. Anyways. I might never take it off.

Send it to me for Christmas ;D

Mile High Mojoe
12-18-2009, 01:45 PM
same problem here.....welcome to the huge head club!

beleive it or not at the castle rock outlet mall (about 25 min south of denver on i25) the lids store there has about 50 different broncos hats all ranging to size 8. may be worth the trip to you

Hey McBleed, I actually made a phone call to the Lids store in Castle Rock. DENIED! The Manager said they have all varieties in fitted caps (Reebok Coaches Caps, I have 2) but no stretch to fit XXL caps. He said that since Reebok has the licensing deal for Broncos merchandise other companies are limited on what they can sell, is that right? Sounds like the only way weíll ever see hats for big heads is if Reebok makes them. I think Iíll do some research and see who I can write a letter to at Reebok and ask why and when they will stop discriminating against us fatheads.

Anyway I had to laugh when I called Lids I talked to the Manager (Josh) and turns out he has a 7 ĺ melon too.

Master___Pain
12-18-2009, 02:09 PM
Mojoe,

The team store will have hats in your ginormous sputnikesque- size.

GoBroncos DownUnder
12-18-2009, 02:42 PM
Just an FYI - About a month ago when I was Downtown, the TJMAXX on the 16th St Mall had FULL STITCHED Reebok Authentic, Rod Smith Jerseys on sale ... $40. I bought one without hesitation! ;)
Just incase anyone is going by there.

Mile High Mojoe
12-18-2009, 03:02 PM
Mojoe,

The team store will have hats in your ginormous sputnikesque- size.
When you say team store you mean the store at Invesco right?