PDA

View Full Version : Playoff Tiebreaker

Boobs McGee
12-14-2009, 10:59 PM
It's my first year as a league manager for my FF team, so I was looking for suggestions...

Playoffs start next week, and I need a (somewhat)fair tiebreaker.

I was thinking something like total bench points, most td's scored by an entire starting lineup, total points by position....

I think I need a progression of about 4 or 5 just to be on the safe side.

Any ideas?

Btw, it's a Head to Head matchup league, and you can start the following

16 man roster
9 starters total (max number of players at that position on your bench is in parenthesis)

QB (3)
RB (6)
RB/WR
WR (6)
WR
TE (3)
OP (any offensive player)
D/special teams (3)
K (3)

BRIEF overview of points in the league :

td's are worth 6 points for rb/wr's/te's, and yardage is basically 1 point per ten yards, with bonus' for yardage gained more than twenty at a time.

td's are worth 4 points for qb's, and yardage is worth 1 point for every 25 yards, with bonuses for lengthy passes.

D gets various points for td's, pics, fumble recoverys, blocks, etc.

Kickers get a point per extra point, and corresponding points for length when kicking FGs

SO, again, this is my first time as league manager and I'm having a tough time coming up with a (somewhat) fair tiebreaker, should an actual tie occur in the playoffs.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

CHEERS

cory

Jekyll15Hyde
12-14-2009, 11:37 PM
throw out the highest and lowest starter score

Boobs McGee
12-14-2009, 11:42 PM
and then total the rest? I like it

OBF1
12-15-2009, 12:21 AM
I have been in the same keeper league for 14 seasons and we have never had 2 teams play in a game where they had the same score AND the same amount of bench points.

How could you eliminate a team if they had a tied score and bench point were the same??? Explain to me a single situation that you would consider fair if you were one of the 2 teams that did tie and now (Fill in the reason) you were now out of the playoffs and $$$. Like I said, after 14 years we never had a single tie in a 12 team league.

Garcia Bronco
12-15-2009, 07:18 AM
Split the money. Bench points? Not even fair. Throw out scores? Not fair. If you are gonna do some bull**** like that then flip a coin.

Boobs McGee
12-15-2009, 09:17 AM
THese are good points to consider, which is why I posed the question. We had a tie in the regular season, and it remained a tie.... it didn't go to bench points now.

SPlitting the money would be fine, but what if the tie occurs in the first round?