PDA

View Full Version : The offense just needs to get "retuned"

PaintballCLE
12-14-2009, 09:43 AM
Marshall and gafney seem to be working fin in this offense.......

However, scheffler, Royal, and Stokley seems to be absent week in and week out.

Other than his kick returns........Royal's lack of integration into the offense is killing us. I dont know if its him or the coaching........but whatever happened to him being the "wes welker" of the offense?

Rabb
12-14-2009, 09:46 AM
maybe it's just me but blaming a guy for not making plays when nobody is throwing him the ball is a little odd

I blame the plays being called personally, it would be like blaming Hillis for doing nothing this year...he isn't getting the chances

Kaylore
12-14-2009, 09:48 AM
Orton didn't even have time to go through his progressions yesterday. He had guys around him in about three seconds. I think as Orton gets more acclimated to this offense he will spread it around more, but we need to get the line playing a bit better.

go_broncos
12-14-2009, 09:50 AM
Scheffler is never utilized properly in the passing game.
It will benefit our team if we involve him.

I am not pleased with Mcd's playcalling. We could have won more games if he was little bit more creative on offense.
Same stuff he does repeatedly on 3rd and 4th downs.

DarkHorse
12-14-2009, 09:52 AM
I swear Sheffler is the biggest pussy i've seen play the game. Anyone ever notice how he won't take a hit, won't lower his shoulder, slides instead of getting tackled, etc....

The play he got hurt on was his own pussy fault - he goes low and rolls over into the guys leg - for Christ sake he's a big ****ing man and yet he curls up like a pussy.

SonOfLe-loLang
12-14-2009, 09:55 AM
[QUOTE=go_broncos;2676174]Scheffler is never utilized properly in the passing game.
It will benefit our team if we involve him.

I am not pleased with Mcd's playcalling. We could have won more games if he was little bit more creative on offense.
Same stuff he does repeatedly on 3rd and 4th downs.[/QUO

And which games would these be, pray tell? Other than Washington and Indy, our losses werent all that close. Ill agree with you his playcalling wasnt up to par against indy, but that certainly was not the problem in the washington game. So please tell me all these games we could have won with better playcalling.

colonelbeef
12-14-2009, 09:55 AM
Orton didn't even have time to go through his progressions yesterday. He had guys around him in about three seconds. I think as Orton gets more acclimated to this offense he will spread it around more, but we need to get the line playing a bit better.

3 Seconds is more than enough time for a professional QB to get through his reads. Stop making excuses for mediocre QB play and questionable playcalling

tsiguy96
12-14-2009, 10:05 AM
3 Seconds is more than enough time for a professional QB to get through his reads. Stop making excuses for mediocre QB play and questionable playcalling

have you even watched orton play this year? hes playing great. the running game is disappearing at the worst times possible and thats cost us.

Kaylore
12-14-2009, 10:07 AM

You don't even watch the games, do you? Orton had guys draped all over him and most of his throws were accurate and on time. He had no time to get through his progressions and we had to leave the TE's to chip block all game because we were getting owned at the LOS.

You're just bitter you were wrong about Jay Intler and are going to hate on Orton to compensate.

peacepipe
12-14-2009, 10:27 AM

HEAV
12-14-2009, 10:31 AM
A bigger, stronger and talanted Guard & Center combo and Denver wins games like yesterday. Clady has been play like crap the last few weeks not sure what it is injury?

Also need someone else (Gaffney) to start opposite of Marshall and take pressure off. Royal just isn't getting it.

HEAV
12-14-2009, 10:32 AM
You don't even watch the games, do you? Orton had guys draped all over him and most of his throws were accurate and on time. He had no time to get through his progressions and we had to leave the TE's to chip block all game because we were getting owned at the LOS.

You're just bitter you were wrong about Jay Intler and are going to hate on Orton to compensate.

This message is hidden because colonelbeef is on your ignore list.

Trust me bro...you'll be much happier you did.

no-pseudo-fan
12-14-2009, 10:39 AM
Orton is playing better than I could of hoped. Brandon was outside of his mind yesterday. When a guy is in that kind of zone, keep feeding him. The Center/L Guard is a glaring weakness that needs to be addressed in the off season. Clady is fine, he is adjusting to a new style of blocking.

Another thing. Why didn't we just go into Jumbo sets on the short yardage? Larsen getting hurt didn't help the running game.

Lolad
12-14-2009, 10:44 AM
A bigger, stronger and talanted Guard & Center combo and Denver wins games like yesterday. Clady has been play like crap the last few weeks not sure what it is injury?

Also need someone else (Gaffney) to start opposite of Marshall and take pressure off. Royal just isn't getting it.

So Royal has regressed you don't think this has anything to do with Orton looking his way?

SoDak Bronco
12-14-2009, 10:44 AM
They aren't playing that many 3 wr sets, and from what i've noticed Royal isn't lining up in "welkers' spot. He isn't really given the opportunity to work inside like Welker. I would like to see him get some matchups that could let him use his quickness, but for whatever reason he hasn't been given the chance.

Kaylore
12-14-2009, 10:47 AM
I've noticed this as well. Hopefully it's just a minor thing.