PDA

View Full Version : Andre Goodman deserves an appreciation thread

s0phr0syne
12-13-2009, 09:41 PM
Thought he had a heck of day in keeping the game as close as it was towards the end.

Popps
12-13-2009, 09:43 PM
He's had a great season.

Bronco Yoda
12-13-2009, 09:43 PM
He did!

He wasn't goodman...he was greatman!

I thought our D played 3 quarters of good football. Too bad games have 4.

barryr
12-14-2009, 05:44 AM
He did play very well and has much of the season, but his detractors won't give him much credit since it means giving credit to McDaniels for signing him.

LRtagger
12-14-2009, 06:00 AM
Goodman had a career day.

We need a Woodyard depreciation thread for the way he covered Clark.

Lolad
12-14-2009, 07:11 AM

I don't know why Barrett isnt matched up against teams TE's? I guess he's hasn't caught on, but Woodyard was awful in coverage

Popps
12-14-2009, 07:35 AM

True, though to be fair... Clark makes a lot of guys look really bad. Woodyard had a tough afternoon.

outdoor_miner
12-14-2009, 08:57 AM
Goodman has been great all year. A few people were crapping on him earlier in the year, and I thought it was undeserved. Cornerbacks get beat every now and again... It happens. He was amazing yesterday. The whole secondary was incredible after the first quarter.

Kaylore
12-14-2009, 08:59 AM
Drama Llama told me he was going to suck.

Dukes
12-14-2009, 09:16 AM
True, though to be fair... Clark makes a lot of guys look really bad. Woodyard had a tough afternoon.

If only we still had Sam Brandon. Could have used him yesterday.

Rohirrim
12-14-2009, 09:18 AM
I noticed that even Enberg and Fouts had to pause in their Colt love-fest a few times to point out Goodman's play.

Mediator12
12-14-2009, 09:20 AM
Goodman gets beat initially on some plays, but what makes him very good is his awareness of timing and route. He made so many veteran plays yesterday against the young Garcon just getting his hand on his arm to knock a catch away. He broke up 5 passes by my count yesterday that were first downs. DEN does not stay in that game without Goodman making those plays.

As for Clark, I told you all no LB can cover him this year. He took Dawkins deep on the fourth down play, which was a killer. No one has had success unless you bracket him in coverage. He also dropped 3 passes that were first downs, 2 of which were solid plays by DEN's secondary though.

All In all, DEN's secondary played very well. However, INDY made just as many errors as I have seen in a while through the third and fourth Quarter too. 2 Of Manning's picks were plain Awful Reads and the other was a terrible throw to a Wide open Wayne that got deflected. He also missed a bunch of reads on some incompletions. I would say only 3 of those 14 I counted were due to "pressure". Manning has not been the same MVP level player he was the fiorst 6 games of the season. That Bodes well for the Playoffs!

jhns
12-14-2009, 09:24 AM
Goodman is the man. He is much better than Bly for less money. It is crazy the number of FAs brought in this year that have been real good for us. That is great for this team, especially when considering how much money Bowlen throws at FAs every offseason.

Rabb
12-14-2009, 09:30 AM

I was so tired of seeing him on the ground/diving to make up for bad coverage

Rock Chalk
12-14-2009, 10:13 AM

Truth.

Brandon was probably the single best TE cover safety I can remember. He literally shut the TEs down.

When he was with us, Mediator posted some stats about how unsuccessful TEs were against us, that includes Gates and Gonzo 4 times a year.

Los Broncos
12-14-2009, 10:17 AM

What happened to him again?

Dukes
12-14-2009, 10:22 AM
What happened to him again?

His knee I think? Not exactly sure.

Los Broncos
12-14-2009, 10:25 AM
His knee I think? Not exactly sure.

I think so.