PDA

View Full Version : 21 catches? what's the big deal?

Gort
12-13-2009, 06:23 PM
Cutler has had more than that caught by opposing defenses in just 13 games this year! 22 in fact.

22 > 21

therefore Cutler > Marshall

:spit:

spdirty
12-13-2009, 06:49 PM
Lol

LongDongJohnson
12-13-2009, 06:50 PM
ha

theAPAOps5
12-13-2009, 06:53 PM
I read somewhere that Cutler is counting his INT's to his completion percentage and his QB Rating and has it posted in his locker so he can verify his own awesome to himself............

Ok not really but he should!

OBF1
12-13-2009, 08:49 PM
Now that you put it that way........... Cutler is almost god like

Popps
12-13-2009, 08:51 PM
Comic relief today=good.

Thanks.

broncocalijohn
12-13-2009, 10:33 PM
Plus Cutler threw those 22 with bullet like quickness to those guys. Orton didnt of all 21. You could hear Cutler's footballs whizing by saying, "franchisssse".

Popps
12-13-2009, 10:37 PM
Plus Cutler threw those 22 with bullet like quickness to those guys. Orton didnt of all 21. You could hear Cutler's footballs whizing by saying, "franchisssse".

Hilarious!

I wonder if DBs are thinking "wow, he's got a rocket arm" as they're running the other way for a pick six?

I was just looking at the draft board for next year. Thank god we've got their pick. There are so many friggin good choices in the top 15. I'm looking at the top 10 thinking, if we get ANY of those guys, I'm going to do backflips.

I also just took a look at the FA list for next year.

Am I reading it right that...

-Seymour
-Wilfork
-Peppers
-A. Ogluneaeaeaeaeaeaeaeyeeeye

will all be UFA's?

We need to lock up Doom, and grab one of those ex-pats. This has to happen.

bpc
12-13-2009, 11:22 PM
Does anybody know who Devin Aromoshodu is? He's the 6th WR for the Bears, located on their 3rd team.

Anyways, he had 8 catches for 76 yds and a TD this weekend against the Pack.

Eddie Royal had 1 catch today against one of the most banged up secondaries in football and has what, 36 catches on the year? Basically Aromoshodu matched almost 1/4 of his production in one game.

Just saying, things are ironic you know?

Popps
12-13-2009, 11:31 PM
Does anybody know who Devin Aromoshodu is? He's the 6th WR for the Bears, located on their 3rd team.

Eddie Royal had 1 catch today against one of the most banged up secondaries in football and has what, 36 catches on the year? Basically Aromoshodu matched almost 1/4 of his production in one game.

Sure... Brandon Marshall breaks an NFL record for receptions against the Colts with Orton throwing him the ball.

Irony, indeed.

Guess he just needed a QB to get him the ball consistently.

Anyway, congrats to Chigago's 4th string receiver for his 76 yards. That probably made the loss and Cutler's two INTs a lot easier for Bears fans to swallow.

Doggcow
12-14-2009, 12:04 AM
21 teams completed 21 or fewer passes this week, rofl

watermock
12-14-2009, 12:13 AM
Royal has vanished in his offense.

Killericon
12-14-2009, 12:17 AM

Either that or he's a sophomore WR.

I remember back in the day when WRs weren't expected to be relevant till year three. Stupid Micheal Clayton.

BMarsh615
12-14-2009, 12:43 AM

Jay Cutler has thrown more INT's than TD passes.

Florida_Bronco
12-14-2009, 12:59 AM

Production is down across the board for our receivers, sans Marshall. I'd say it's probably a combination of the offense struggling with the new system, Marshall stepping up in a major way and in Royal's case, a little sophomore slump.

Killericon
12-14-2009, 01:03 AM
Guess he just needed a QB to get him the ball consistently.

Yeah, cause it's not like Marshall ever had success with Cutler throwing him the ball. Nor did he ever get an absurdly high amount of catches in one game before.

Bronco Rob
12-14-2009, 03:25 AM
Broncos' Marshall Grabs Reception Record

Sunday, December 13, 2009
Posted By Vinnie Iyer 4:08 PM

Many have compared Broncos wide receiver Brandon Marshall to a young Terrell Owens because of his frame, strength, hands and explosiveness, both before and after the catch.

Well, Marshall is now ahead of Owens in the history books. His 21 receptions against Indianapolis on Sunday broke Owens' previous single-game high of 20, set on Dec. 17, 2000 against the Bears at Chicago's Solider Field.

On the last gasp play of the game in a 28-16 loss, Marshall surpassed Owens, giving him an even 200 yards receiving and 2 touchdowns to go with his record-breaking total.

To put the effort in perspective, running back Knowshon Moreno had 23 carries in the game for only 63 yards.

It was the ultimate case of the Colts' pass defense bending but not breaking, as Marshall caught plenty of stuff underneath. Had Kyle Orton had a better game under center, Marshall probably would have 25-plus catches.

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/The_Trenches/entry/view/47550/broncos'_marshall_grabs_reception_record

The Joker
12-14-2009, 07:10 AM
I love how Royal having a bad year is Orton's fault.

Does Orton get similiar credit for Marshall's improvement this year?

Brandon is well on course to match his numbers for receptions and yards last year this season. 18 receptions for 250 yards in the next three games seems more than doable the way he's playing right now, that would tie last year's numbers.

Big difference though is that his TD numbers have improved considerably. 9 already this year, compared to 6 last season. TD's win games, and Marshall is getting the ball in the endzone significantly better this year than he did at any point with Cutler under center.

Having a QB who actually aims for his own players in the redzone rather than the opposition ones will tend to help your TD numbers though, I guess.

Beantown Bronco
12-14-2009, 07:11 AM
Having a QB who actually aims for his own players in the redzone rather than the opposition ones will tend to help your TD numbers though, I guess.

That's just crazy talk.

Broncoman13
12-14-2009, 07:27 AM
I do wonder what happened to Eddie Royal. During camp he was a featured receiver. He caught everything and really looked like he was going to be the Wes Welker of this offense. I am very surprised by his lack of production this year. Meanwhile, I'm slowly starting to wish that we had MeSean Jackson instead. Say what you'd like about his attitude, that punt return for a TD he had last night would rival any highlight return put up by Hester or Dainty Hall. Phenomenal player and he's not suffering a sophomore slump, that's for sure.

spdirty
12-14-2009, 07:55 AM
Hilarious!

I wonder if DBs are thinking "wow, he's got a rocket arm" as they're running the other way for a pick six?

I was just looking at the draft board for next year. Thank god we've got their pick. There are so many friggin good choices in the top 15. I'm looking at the top 10 thinking, if we get ANY of those guys, I'm going to do backflips.

I also just took a look at the FA list for next year.

Am I reading it right that...

-Seymour
-Wilfork
-Peppers
-A. Ogluneaeaeaeaeaeaeaeyeeeye

will all be UFA's?

We need to lock up Doom, and grab one of those ex-pats. This has to happen.

man Id nut myself if we ever got wilfork.

SJ Bronco
12-14-2009, 08:50 AM
I do wonder what happened to Eddie Royal. During camp he was a featured receiver. He caught everything and really looked like he was going to be the Wes Welker of this offense. I am very surprised by his lack of production this year. Meanwhile, I'm slowly starting to wish that we had MeSean Jackson instead. Say what you'd like about his attitude, that punt return for a TD he had last night would rival any highlight return put up by Hester or Dainty Hall. Phenomenal player and he's not suffering a sophomore slump, that's for sure.

No bears! Absolutely not! No way!(im kidding guys, stop the hate mail)

SJ Bronco
12-14-2009, 08:54 AM

Here, I'll offer you a cardinal alternative.......

Chris Owusu
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2009/1006/ncf_u_owusu_200.jpg

G Ret. Yards Avg. TD Ret./G Yards/G
12 34 1106 32.53 3 2.8 92.2