PDA

View Full Version : I'd like to congratulate the San Diego Chargers

snowspot66
12-13-2009, 05:01 PM
Great job guys. I really mean it. You've done a swell job of ensuring that Norv gets a contract extension. Couldn't happen to a more deserving bunch. Enjoy.

BlaK-Argentina
12-13-2009, 05:06 PM
Seriously, these guys are the **** in the second half of the season.

That said if they don't make the SB this year they are one of the biggest failures I've seen!! How many times can you come so close to making it and fall just a bit short?

s0phr0syne
12-13-2009, 05:09 PM
Seriously, these guys are the **** in the second half of the season.

That said if they don't make the SB this year they are one of the biggest failures I've seen!! How many times can you come so close to making it and fall just a bit short?

As a fellow Bronco fan, I'm sure you have a pretty good idea. We've had our fair share of "making it" but not winning it.

BlaK-Argentina
12-13-2009, 05:13 PM
As a fellow Bronco fan, I'm sure you have a pretty good idea. We've had our fair share of "making it" but not winning it.

Of course, but SD was supposed to be a serious SB contender in what... the last 4 years? It's about time they make the leap. I don't know...

LongDongJohnson
12-13-2009, 05:18 PM
good for them.
they deserve norv

we can still win the west but need help.
win the next 3 and finish 11-5 and hope that the titans and bungles beat the dolts. that gives us the tie breaker.

s0phr0syne
12-13-2009, 05:19 PM
I mean, it's all media bull$h** in the end that determines who's hyped up with "contender" status.

So many random things have to go the right way for a championship appearance, let alone a victory, that I can't really begrudge a team for consistently making the playoffs and winning games once there.

This year, SD has suffered some really devastating injuries but they've kept plugging in new players and playing hard to win games. Gotta respect that. We've (luckily) endured few injuries, and we've had major problems playing through them (Orton, Harris, and I really think the loss of Larsen affected our offense today, much more than I thought it would).

ro_50
12-13-2009, 05:27 PM
Congrats to the Chargers, you gotta give them credit for once again turning their season around and finishing strong.

BlaK-Argentina
12-13-2009, 05:29 PM
Congrats to the Chargers, you gotta give them credit for once again turning their season around and finishing strong.

Definitely. It's impressive.

I'm just saying that it has to be disappointing for them to get so close and not get there.

snowspot66
12-13-2009, 05:31 PM
Definitely. It's impressive.

I'm just saying that it has to be disappointing for them to get so close and not get there.

I'm sure it is. Probably be the same this year. All passing, no running, average at best defense. Doesn't bode well for playoff football.

OBF1
12-13-2009, 05:34 PM

Actully I do not have to give them shiat. I hate the chargers and all other AFC West team that we play 2 times a season. I wish they would all go 2-14 every season. Credit my ass, Efffff the chuggers and their fans :thumbs:

LongDongJohnson
12-13-2009, 06:17 PM
Actully I do not have to give them shiat. I hate the chargers and all other AFC West team that we play 2 times a season. I wish they would all go 2-14 every season. Credit my ass, Efffff the chuggers and their fans :thumbs:

i agree.

most dolt fans are a bunch of idiots. i cant stand them. and all phylis does is throw it up and pray for a flag.

that **** wont work in the playoffs.

ant1999e
12-13-2009, 06:19 PM
Isn't there a chargers forum you can congratulate them in?
:kiddingme

bpc
12-13-2009, 06:20 PM
BAD FAN, HE'S A BAD FAN! He offered congrats to a rival! Fan police, get em'!

cabronco
12-13-2009, 06:26 PM
With all the basketball wr's and star rb's coupled with a solid o-line and a vet qb who acts like a punk, but is a top qb they should be scoring many points each game. They have a decent opportunistic defense ( a bit cocky for their talent) but nonetheless should be contenders with all that talent. Why they start off in a nose dive is beyondme, but per usual they've just picked up there game just in time to make a solid run. The question is , will they flame out before making it to the big dance like the last 5 years. There's not alot of contenders too punch them out this year in the afc. I hope they go one and done, but realistically prolly not.

Xenos
12-13-2009, 06:29 PM
i agree.

most dolt fans are a bunch of idiots. i cant stand them. and all phylis does is throw it up and pray for a flag.

If SD gets the 2nd seed, there's a good chance they can just keep doing that.

LongDongJohnson
12-13-2009, 06:31 PM
If SD gets the 2nd seed, there's a good chance they can just keep doing that.

they will lose to the bungles and titans. while we win out and win the division!

atleast i hope!

snowspot66
12-13-2009, 06:58 PM
You guys misunderstand my congratulations.

I never said anything about the division. I only said congratulations about securing Norv for another few years. Come on people. Keep up! :)

ant1999e
12-13-2009, 07:04 PM
You guys misunderstand my congratulations.

I never said anything about the division. I only said congratulations about securing Norv for another few years. Come on people. Keep up! :)

My bad.:thumbsup:

Boltjolt
12-13-2009, 07:10 PM
i agree.

LOL, you dont know much about football dude. Well, chalk up an idiot for Bronco fans as well. You qualify.
Seems to me every WR waves their arms wanting a flag in every game i watch. Yours included.
Thats all Santonio Holmes did Thurday night so it dont matter how tall you are. And id take short guys Hines Ward and Steve Smith over our tall guy Malcom Floyd anyday of the week.

orangeatheist
12-13-2009, 07:17 PM
BAD FAN, HE'S A BAD FAN! He offered congrats to a rival! Fan police, get em'!

Holy crap! This turd can't even recognize sarcasm in the OP. How does it feel, bpc, to know guys across the country think you're a dumbass? And it's not, as you likely believe, because you're superior and are in the right and everyone else is a slackjawed moron; but because you really are a dumbass?

Please go cheer for another team. And take rasta and lex with you.

Oh, and by the way? Screw the Chargers.

400HZ
12-13-2009, 07:24 PM
I've been off and on the Norv wagon so many times that I can't even figure out where I'm sitting right now. He's done an awesome job this year. We've had a completely bull**** injury situation, but young players keep stepping in and playing well. That is the hallmark of a good coaching staff.

tsiguy96
12-13-2009, 07:28 PM
I've been off and on the Norv wagon so many times that I can't even figure out where I'm sitting right now. He's done an awesome job this year. We've had a completely bull**** injury situation, but young players keep stepping in and playing well. That is the hallmark of a good coaching staff.

thats kinda what i was thinking, norv is having a really good year...

snowspot66
12-13-2009, 07:33 PM

I'm inclined to believe it's the consistantly good to great play from Rivers and the recievers more than coaching.

You guys have had a lot of injuries but the time of the games has been great for you. Baltimore and Pittsburgh early, when you always play like ****. A string of really soft games to get you in rhythm. Us and the Giants in the middle the worst stretch of games in the year for both teams. Dallas in December. Worked out really well for you actually.

You got hot and took care of business.

But as for Norv I don't believe a leopard can change it's spots. Norv is a soft coach and has historically brought teams down. Rivers is overcoming the Norv factor almost by himself this year. If I were you I would pray for another situation like it was with Marty. Fired after a great year. Of course your GM hand picked this one so that might not be so quick to happen. But it is a contract year so technically AJ could still say he didn't fire the guy.

broncocalijohn
12-13-2009, 07:46 PM
I am not in the mood for any congratulations to the Chargers. They havent won it yet and their own fans can give them kudos. Since so many jumped back on the bandwagon even though "their" team does this every year, makes you wonder how fickle they really are. I am, though, in the mood for a one finger salute to the Chargers. Keeping Norv? That isnt looking so bad this year. Let us hope for a typicle Norv type playoff game plan.

400HZ
12-13-2009, 07:47 PM
I'm inclined to believe it's the consistantly good to great play from Rivers and the recievers more than coaching.

You guys have had a lot of injuries but the time of the games has been great for you. Baltimore and Pittsburgh early, when you always play like ****. A string of really soft games to get you in rhythm. Us and the Giants in the middle the worst stretch of games in the year for both teams. Dallas in December. Worked out really well for you actually.

But as for Norv I don't believe a leopard can change it's spots. Norv is a soft coach and has historically brought teams down. Rivers is overcoming the Norv factor almost by himself this year. If I were you I would pray for another situation like it was with Marty. Fired after a great year. Of course your GM hand picked this one so that might not be so quick to happen. But it is a contract year so technically AJ could still say he didn't fire the guy.

Rivers and his passing game make the Chargers the dangerous team that they are. Norv's specialty is developing good passing games. It doesn't make any sense to hold that against him.

Captain 'Dre
12-13-2009, 08:09 PM
they will lose to the bungles and titans. while we win out and win the division!

atleast i hope!

Sir, you singlehandedlly lower the Average IQ of Bronco fans by 5 points. Ha!

Bronco Yoda
12-13-2009, 08:10 PM
Screw the Chargers.

Season isn't over yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spdirty
12-13-2009, 08:23 PM
They can have the AFC West!!! They can have it! Cuz we'll get em in the playoffs!

LongDongJohnson
12-13-2009, 08:26 PM
Sir, you singlehandedlly lower the Average IQ of Bronco fans by 5 points. Ha!

dont act like it cant happen you dumbass. bengals and titans are good teams. and we might beat the eagles. they are inconsistent.

look at last season. its not over unitl its over.

dungbeetle
12-13-2009, 09:17 PM
i agree.

Is that how he's gotten the 2nd highest QB rating of all time? Support your team, but don't be an idiot. With comments like that, you just make yourself the caricature of a myopic homer.

Kaylore
12-13-2009, 09:22 PM
I hate the Chargers. Their Qb is annoying and their fan base is bunch of fickle pussies. And LT is a whiner. "How come I had a dream we won the Super Bowl and we didn't??!?!!? NURRRRR"

Hey LT, I dreamed I was a millionaire and then I woke up and I wasn't! I'll go cry about it.....I mean it was a dream so maybe I'll just move on.

bpc
12-13-2009, 09:35 PM
Holy crap! This turd can't even recognize sarcasm in the OP. How does it feel, bpc, to know guys across the country think you're a dumbass? And it's not, as you likely believe, because you're superior and are in the right and everyone else is a slackjawed moron; but because you really are a dumbass?

Please go cheer for another team. And take rasta and lex with you.

Oh, and by the way? Screw the Chargers.

Hey, before I get offended by what you just said, who are you again? I mean I might get upset if somebody on this forum said that who actually mattered, like TJ, Kaylore, Socal, hell, even popps... but you? You're an irrelevant poster. You must hang out in the butt a lot.

boltaneer
12-13-2009, 10:22 PM
Norv has a poor public opinion because fans love a fiery charismatic coach and that is the exact opposite of what Norv is - Norv mumbles and his voice sometimes doubles for nyquil. We have this image of a good head coach, as someone who is fiery and is always screaming at someone when they screw up to whip them back into shape but that's just completely not true. Marty was easily lovable for this exact reason and I'm guilty as charged. Secondly, Norv didn't have success early on as a head coach so he's automatically tagged withe the 'loser' label. He's made some questionable calls during his tenure but the one great thing about him is that he seems to learn from his mistakes and now he has become a 'winner'.

I'm with 400, I've been anti-Norv and pro-Norv so many times, I've lost count. What I do know is that he has developed Rivers into an elite quarterback. And I think he's finally turned the team into his own and more importantly, the players have finally bought into Norv. And there is no longer that strange Marty-cloud that has been hanging over this team for the past couple of years because he is about the opposite of Marty as you can get.

Norv has slowly won me over this year. Contract extension? Bring it on! :thumbsup:

Boltjolt
12-13-2009, 10:37 PM

Im never sold on Norv but actually it is Norv who has developed Rivers and made him what he is. Rivers had the talent and went to a probowl before Norv got here but he took Rivers to another level.
I do have to give Norv credit for that. He is good at developing QB's.

Popps
12-13-2009, 10:39 PM
Hey, before I get offended by what you just said, who are you again? I mean I might get upset if somebody on this forum said that who actually mattered, like TJ, Kaylore, Socal, hell, even popps... but you? You're an irrelevant poster. You must hang out in the butt a lot.

Never include me in a list with Taco again.

:sunshine:

Popps
12-13-2009, 10:40 PM
San Diego is playing great football. Rivers is a ****ing gamer. Can't stand them... can't stand him, but what can I say? They're getting it done. They're probably a better team right now. That's fine. I truly believe we're on our way to surpassing them. Maybe not this season, but soon.... sooner than I expected.

bpc
12-13-2009, 11:24 PM
Never include me in a list with Taco again.

:sunshine:

You two are meant for each other.

JJJ
12-13-2009, 11:37 PM
I just would like a playoff run where they are healthy. Last two years you can knock on them for not getting it done in the playoffs and it is true and therefore justified but they were really pretty banged up.

2006 they just screwed it up on their own.

barryr
12-14-2009, 05:57 AM
It's always funny watching Charger fans come out of the woodwork when it's safe to come out. Typically, Charger fans hide to begin the season and only come out once their team is playing well and winning games. Otherwise, it's hard to find these die hard Charger fans who need time to dust off their bolt hats and jerseys.

Peoples Champ
12-14-2009, 06:14 AM
posts like this shouldnt be on a Bronco board, they are only on here because there are Charger fans on here. I say ban all the charger fans.

supermanhr9
12-14-2009, 06:16 AM
Agreed

400HZ
12-14-2009, 06:29 AM
It's always funny watching Charger fans come out of the woodwork when it's safe to come out. Typically, Charger fans hide to begin the season and only come out once their team is playing well and winning games. Otherwise, it's hard to find these die hard Charger fans who need time to dust off their bolt hats and jerseys.

It's not nearly as funny as that sense of entitlement that Broncos fans stamp on their foreheads.

OOOooo we're an elite franchise OOOooo we're so respected OOOooo our one playoff win in the past eleven years is better than everyone elses'. Broncos fans and Cowboys fans. They walk around with all that "swagger", which in reality is just a limp caused by the sharp edges on those Aikman and Elway VHS' that they have shoved up their asses.

http://smashmouthmensans.com/forum/images/smilies/fu.gif

Boltjolt
12-14-2009, 06:59 AM

Says a lot about where you have been because I know us three have been coming in this forum all year. Whatever makes you feel better though.

Captain 'Dre
12-14-2009, 07:13 AM
dont act like it cant happen you dumbass. bengals and titans are good teams. and we might beat the eagles. they are inconsistent.

look at last season. its not over unitl its over.

Wow, you must be REEEEEEEEEEALLY smart! You called me a dumbass!

Haven't you heard? It's a compliment to be called a 'dumbass' by a HONK! :welcome:

BTW... What's 'unitl'? I'm not smart enough to use sophisticated words like that.

The point, doofus, is that we have to take care of our OWN business, and not look to other teams to mess up. You're counting on a collapse from the Chargers like the one we went through last year... the magnitude of which the NFL had NEVER seen before. That's real astute and practical on your part.

We have to win out, and let the cards fall. And if you think differently... well, there's no law against being an ignoramus. Good day!

Boltjolt
12-20-2009, 05:59 PM
Thanks guys.