PDA

View Full Version : We May Get JaFatty After All...

RhymesayersDU
12-13-2009, 03:47 PM
Saw this on CBS Sportsline:

Gradkowski leaves with knee injury

Bruce Gradkowski, QB OAK
News: Raiders QB Bruce Gradkowski, coming off a three-touchdown, 308-yard performance in an upset win over the Steelers last week, again played well Week 14 against the Redskins before leaving at halftime with a knee injury. He completed 10 of 18 passes for 153 yards and ran three times for 16 yards.

Analysis: The Raiders ruled Gradkowski out for the game as soon as they came out of the locker room, so this injury might not be just a one-week thing. He was beginning to put himself on the map in Fantasy, but he doesn't have enough of a track record to serve as more than a low-end No. 2 Fantasy QB even if he can play Week 15 at Denver.

Obviously this is slanted towards fantasy football, but they've been playing better with him in, so him not going next week would be helpful.

BroncoDoug
12-13-2009, 03:48 PM
jafatty has been sacked like 5 time too since he came in...

Bronx33
12-13-2009, 03:48 PM
Dooooom is pleased by this news.

BroncoDoug
12-13-2009, 03:50 PM
OAKLAND, Calif. -- Oakland Raiders (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=oak) quarterback Bruce Gradkowski (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=9780) left the game against the Washington Redskins (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=was) with a knee injury and was replaced by JaMarcus Russell (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=10446).
Gradkowski was hurt throwing a pass in the final seconds of the first half and was ruled out of the game Sunday at halftime. That opened the door for Russell to return, four weeks after being benched by coach Tom Cable.
Russell lost his job last month. He has completed just 46.8 percent of his passes this season, with nine interceptions and five lost fumbles. Russell was booed when he entered.
Oakland star cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=4489) also left in the third quarter with a right forearm injury. His return is questionable.
hahahahahaha

Dagmar
12-13-2009, 03:59 PM
I would be ESTATIC if this happens.

BroncoDoug
12-13-2009, 04:02 PM
fatty just threw a pick, gives him 10 on the year

bpc
12-13-2009, 04:03 PM
Darn.

Bronx33
12-13-2009, 04:08 PM
man the stadium is freaking empty!

Bronx33
12-13-2009, 04:20 PM
http://www.sfbappa.org/clipcontest.images/07.10/portrait/portrait_third.jpg
Raiders rock is not happy with this news

Los Broncos
12-13-2009, 04:28 PM
My coworker is going to lose his mind over this.

He might not be talking come Sunday if Russell is playing.

But this game wont be easy no matter what.

broncogary
12-13-2009, 04:32 PM

He's going to have to get after it to catch up with Jay. :sunshine:

oubronco
12-13-2009, 04:35 PM
Jamarcus is a legend in Jamarcus's own mind

BlaK-Argentina
12-13-2009, 04:50 PM
Playing Jamarcus instead would be great. That's a whole different Raiders team. Stop the run and it's over for their offense.

Circle Orange
12-13-2009, 11:49 PM
Stop talking about the Raider's plump prince of pultritude. After all, he has a cannon arm (and a double wide caboose). But, no matter. Sacking him should be easy...he's too slow and thick to even spin away from pressure. Just nail 'im and he falls down (the earth shook today).

The only reason the Skins didn't have 15 sacks is because the game only has four quarters.

So let's feast on this heifer next week. Bring barbeque sauce, beer and fries. And about thirty hungry friends. http://scosoft.com/s/i/7eb50f49.gif

Broncoman13
12-14-2009, 06:18 AM
Jamarcus Russell is a fortune teller... and he is on the same level as tsiguy with the negative mojo. He predicts that he's the QB of the future and BAM, Grad-ski is done. Tsiguy says we're the healthiest we've ever been this late in the year and BAM, we have no more safeties and Buck is hurt again.

tsiguy96
12-14-2009, 06:29 AM
Jamarcus Russell is a fortune teller... and he is on the same level as tsiguy with the negative mojo. He predicts that he's the QB of the future and BAM, Grad-ski is done. Tsiguy says we're the healthiest we've ever been this late in the year and BAM, we have no more safeties and Buck is hurt again.

exactly. posting on the orange mane caused the people in real life to be injured. direct connection there. it had nothing to do with the fact that they were playing against an undefeated tough colts team.

ol number 7
12-14-2009, 06:35 AM
exactly. posting on the orange mane caused the people in real life to be injured. direct connection there. it had nothing to do with the fact that they were playing against an undefeated tough colts team.

At least the Raiders get some use out of Warren Sapps old uniform pants.

Broncoman13
12-14-2009, 07:18 AM

I hope you get sugar free treats for Christmas for jinxing my team... Morodiot

TailgateNut
12-14-2009, 07:27 AM

Maybe Chicago should have traded for him.:spit:

McDman
12-14-2009, 07:58 AM
This will probably be like last year where Russel as the game of his life.

go_broncos
12-14-2009, 08:09 AM

People in the media started talking as if we have the 5th spot and reached playoff's.

I am very nervous about the next 3 games.
(especially with the way it ended last year)

McDman
12-14-2009, 08:23 AM

Take the giant stick out of your ass and learn to take a joke. You have to be the most uptight person on this board.

SJ Bronco
12-14-2009, 08:31 AM
He's going to have to get after it to catch up with Jay. :sunshine:

That's not a fair comparison. Jamarcus was benched! How is he supposed to compete in interceptions with a guy who has played and been healthy all year! That's just not cool!

;D!Booya!

SJ Bronco
12-14-2009, 08:33 AM
At least the Raiders get some use out of Warren Sapps old uniform pants.

:rofl:

Circle Orange
12-14-2009, 06:49 PM

Hopefully he won't fall on Dumervil...that could end his season. http://scosoft.com/s/w/516b5168.gif

STBumpkin
12-14-2009, 07:00 PM
This is fortuitous:

Oakland star cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=4489) also left in the third quarter with a right forearm injury. His return is questionable.

Ambiguous
12-15-2009, 11:04 AM
So... what are the chances we get Gradkowski this Sunday?

Dagmar
12-15-2009, 11:09 AM
So... what are the chances we get Gradkowski this Sunday?

0. Tore up both knees. Still think we'll see Frye.

Dagmar
12-15-2009, 11:11 AM
Well, color me wrong.

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_13997731

Raiders coach Tom Cable said Monday that he is considering starting Bruce Gradkowski at quarterback against the Denver Broncos on Sunday.
Gradkowski would be playing with a torn ligament in each knee, yet Cable still seems to consider him a better option than JaMarcus Russell, who was demoted to second string a month ago. Russell, the No. 1 overall pick in the 2007 draft, started the first nine games this season.
"Right now, it's about finding out where Bruce is," Cable said at his weekly news conference. "If, in fact, he's not ready to go, then how do we win the next three football games, period?"
Gradkowski has been the starter since Russell was benched Nov. 15. But Gradkowski likely won't be available against the Broncos as a result of the knee injuries he suffered in a 34-13 loss to the Washington Redskins on Sunday.
"At this point, we'll know come Wednesday," Cable said, "But it looks doubtful."
Gradkowski wasn't available for comment. He said Sunday that he wants to play against the Broncos and will do everything possible to make it a reality.
Cable said he is willing to wait until Wednesday before considering other options. Gradkowski played part of the first half with a torn ligament in one knee, so he has shown that it takes quite a bit to keep him off the field.
"I don't count myself out," Gradkowski said. "You never need surgery with MCLs. I'll try to get back, do whatever I can to get healthy fast."

oubronco
12-15-2009, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Raiders coach Tom Cable said Monday that he is considering starting Bruce Gradkowski at quarterback against the Denver Broncos on Sunday.
Gradkowski would be playing with a torn ligament in each knee, yet Cable still seems to consider him a better option than JaMarcus Russell, who was demoted to second string a month ago. Russell, the No. 1 overall pick in the 2007 draft, started the first nine games this season.
"Right now, it's about finding out where Bruce is," Cable said at his weekly news conference. "If, in fact, he's not ready to go, then how do we win the next three football games, period?"
Gradkowski has been the starter since Russell was benched Nov. 15. But Gradkowski likely won't be available against the Broncos as a result of the knee injuries he suffered in a 34-13 loss to the Washington Redskins on Sunday.
"At this point, we'll know come Wednesday," Cable said, "But it looks doubtful."
Gradkowski wasn't available for comment. He said Sunday that he wants to play against the Broncos and will do everything possible to make it a reality.
Cable said he is willing to wait until Wednesday before considering other options. Gradkowski played part of the first half with a torn ligament in one knee, so he has shown that it takes quite a bit to keep him off the field.
"I don't count myself out," Gradkowski said. "You never need surgery with MCLs. I'll try to get back, do whatever I can to get healthy fast."

That is pathetic, Russell should kick Russell's ass

cutthemdown
12-15-2009, 11:30 AM
Regardless of who the start Broncos will bringing the house. Either slow Russell or gimpy Gradowski. Either way come right up the gut and attack the Raiders interior oline.

Rohirrim
12-15-2009, 11:31 AM

I'm sure that Jamarcus will consider this a vote of confidence. Ha!

RhymesayersDU
12-15-2009, 11:46 AM
Wow, Cable roasted JaMarcus, albeit indirectly. Great quote.

Ambiguous
12-15-2009, 12:03 PM

I'm sure that Jamarcus will consider this a vote of confidence. Ha!

Awesome, awesome stuff. My god, what a mess.

Doom must be salivating at all this, how many times was Russell sacked last week?