PDA

View Full Version : 2 games in England next year.

Dagmar
12-13-2009, 03:23 PM
According to my british bros, the chariman of NFLUK was on tv announcing the UK will have two games next year. I'm not a fan myself. Gimmick.

tsiguy96
12-13-2009, 03:29 PM
im not entirely opposed but its BS for the season ticket holders. if they ever even consider having a super bowl somewhere other than america i will be very pissed. goodell talked about having a london super bowl in teh future.

No1BroncoFan
12-13-2009, 03:30 PM
If London wants the NFL. London should acquire a team.

Seriously, WTF is up with the NFL wanting to screw teams out of home games?

Ben

SJ Bronco
12-13-2009, 03:33 PM
As long as it isn't the Broncos, let them have it....Do the Brits even WANT these NFL games? Or are we just trying to force it on them like they do soccer on us?

Doggcow
12-13-2009, 03:34 PM

Ben

If London had a team they might need to make it exclusively monday or night game or something.... Something would have to be done about the time difference I think

tsiguy96
12-13-2009, 03:35 PM

Ben

london acquiring a team either screws them for having to come back to america every other week or the team having to travel to play them every week.

Hogan11
12-13-2009, 03:35 PM
As long as it isn't the Broncos

That's how I feel too, don't need that kind of travel schedule

lex
12-13-2009, 03:36 PM
Goodell's a prick.

Ambiguous
12-13-2009, 03:41 PM
This is stupid. I can see why they are doing it, but the games over there always suck. The crowd has no idea what's going on, and doesn't care.

And I know the broncos are getting a game there soon, we always get prime time games. If we have to give up a home game I'll be livid.

DHallblows
12-13-2009, 03:43 PM
london acquiring a team either screws them for having to come back to america every other week or the team having to travel to play them every week.

Well it evens out then! ???
It's ridiculous, what can I say.

atomicbloke
12-13-2009, 03:45 PM

Ben

Actually the NFL wants London.

No1BroncoFan
12-13-2009, 03:49 PM

They managed it in the old WLAF. Hell, the London team even won a championship.

Still, if London wants football, let them get a team. Pissing on the existing teams isn't a good thing and sooner or later it will be the Broncos playing there.

Personally, if they have to travel to London, I'd rather it be just another road game instead of potentially giving up a home game.

Ben

eddie mac
12-13-2009, 03:49 PM
2 as of yet un-named teams have agreed to give up their home game.

No1BroncoFan
12-13-2009, 03:52 PM
Actually the NFL wants London.

Most likely the case. I don't object to a world wide league. I just object to the NFL screwing teams in established markets to get there.

Ben