PDA

View Full Version : Lock up marshall today!!!

Ramathorn
12-13-2009, 02:09 PM
Give him whatever he wants. keys to the city, 10 year contract, I DONT CARE JUST GIVE IT TO HIM!!!!!

SJ Bronco
12-13-2009, 02:18 PM
This

NYBronco
12-13-2009, 02:22 PM
In due time...

peacepipe
12-13-2009, 02:23 PM
86 rec. 1,010 yds 9tds with Orton as our QB is pretty damn good.

KevinJames
12-13-2009, 02:23 PM
He better be in the locker room signing his contract right now !!

SoCalBronco
12-13-2009, 02:24 PM
21 catches doesn't change the impossible problem that Denver has with Marshall. There is no way to insure the risk while at the same time giving him market value.

SJ Bronco
12-13-2009, 02:52 PM
21 catches doesn't change the impossible problem that Denver has with Marshall. There is no way to insure the risk while at the same time giving him market value.

gotta take a risk at some point and this one is a pretty safe one relatively.......If only they could get him a baby sitter for the offseason

rastaman
12-13-2009, 03:24 PM
Give him whatever he wants. keys to the city, 10 year contract, I DONT CARE JUST GIVE IT TO HIM!!!!!

You had better check with Popps and make sure its okay first!;)

NYBronco
12-13-2009, 03:28 PM
gotta take a risk at some point and this one is a pretty safe one relatively.......If only they could get him a baby sitter for the offseason

Maybe they could pay Stokely to watch him in the offseason as he does during gametime.

BM created his own issue by his offseason and practice antics.

rastaman
12-13-2009, 03:34 PM

Well geewhiz, why shouldn't Bowlen take any financial risk! Marshall takes RISK every Sunday, on occasional Thursday's and Mondays, during Practice, and every time he catches any of Orton's circus throws that could end with a career ending INJURY.

So you see, Bowlen ain't the only one taking risk, after all Bowlen doesn't need to worry about losing his franchise do to the money he plays players. However, Brandon takes the risk his career could be over on a single PLAY!!

So cry me a river on the financial risks for Bowlen b/c he still gets to play NFL Team Owner! w/o any threat or risk of having the Broncos taken from him. Bowlen will be fine in the long run his Broncos will continue to make money.

Its Brandon Marshall who's at risk of not realizing his financial security contract due to risk of career ending injury due to the violence of the game itself.

Bowlen open your wallet and pay the "BROTHA"!:P

peacepipe
12-13-2009, 04:05 PM
21 catches doesn't change the impossible problem that Denver has with Marshall. There is no way to insure the risk while at the same time giving him market value.You do it on paper, in his contract you state quite clearly that if you,B. Marshall ,screw up you pay back X amt. of dollars. That's how you insure it.

ColoradoDarin
12-13-2009, 04:17 PM
You do it on paper, in his contract you state quite clearly that if you,B. Marshall ,screw up you pay back X amt. of dollars. That's how you insure it.

And please show us where in the CBA that is allowed? If he gets a $28 million dollar signing bonus, the team would only be able to recoup about $1 million of it should Marshall screw up again. He needs to be paid, but we are taking a risk.

snowspot66
12-13-2009, 04:20 PM
And please show us where in the CBA that is allowed? If he gets a $28 million dollar signing bonus, the team would only be able to recoup about $1 million of it should Marshall screw up again. He needs to be paid, but we are taking a risk.

Easy. You make it a carrot and not a stick. If he behaves he gets a bonus. If he doesn't he doesn't get a bonus.

SoCalBronco
12-13-2009, 04:34 PM
You do it on paper, in his contract you state quite clearly that if you,B. Marshall ,screw up you pay back X amt. of dollars. That's how you insure it.

Except that that's no longer permitted in the CBA. I think you can forfeit only up to like 7% of the salary now...which is basically nothing. Screw up clauses are largely neutered.

hambone13
12-13-2009, 04:35 PM
Maybe they could pay Stokely to watch him in the offseason as he does during gametime.

BM created his own issue by his offseason and practice antics.

And it's been blown completely out of proportion. He's done some stupid **** but he has never shown he has a bad heart or the insanity of say...an Owens, being that is who everyone wants to compare him to.

Popps
12-13-2009, 04:37 PM
Bowlen open your wallet and pay the "BROTHA"!:P

I'm fine with paying Marshall, but you're a complete psychopath.

I've never seen anyone here who holds the team in more disdain, and yet selectively blabs on about player contracts, and reps.

You're just a strange, strange individual.

DBroncos4life
12-13-2009, 04:38 PM

We can't let him walk so we are forced to risk it.

SonOfLe-loLang
12-13-2009, 04:41 PM
More than worth the risk. Just ****ing sign him

JJJ
12-13-2009, 05:26 PM
Pretty amazing day for the big guy. Impressive. That is a must sign for you guys. Get it done.

He now almost has as many yards as our tight end.

snowspot66
12-13-2009, 05:31 PM
Pretty amazing day for the big guy. Impressive. That is a must sign for you guys. Get it done.

He now almost has as many yards as our tight end.

Is that a jab at our offense? Because I fail to see how a WR putting up similar stats to a TE who barring injury will end up in the HoF as one of the best TE's in the history of the game (and a physical specimen on the order of Michael Phelps is to swimming) is a knock on us.

ColoradoDarin
12-13-2009, 05:33 PM
Easy. You make it a carrot and not a stick. If he behaves he gets a bonus. If he doesn't he doesn't get a bonus.

EASY!

So... would he actually sign that document?

HEAV
12-13-2009, 05:38 PM
Franchise that ass!

BlaK-Argentina
12-13-2009, 05:44 PM
Pay him and get it over with. We clearly need him more than he needs us so STFU and pay the man.

bap454
12-13-2009, 05:51 PM
a rumor going around "inside circles" is that the B Marsh will be offered up for the first over all pick next year, and few teams are already lining up. Boils down to BMarsh for DT Suh of Nebraska...... ok I made it up. It could happen thought, right?

snowspot66
12-13-2009, 06:03 PM
EASY!

So... would he actually sign that document?

Depends on what the meat of the contract is. If those terms are agreeable then yeah. **** I'd love to have a contract that says if I'm a good boy I get an extra million dollars. It has no bearing on the body of the contract. It's just an add on to give him some real incentive to sit at home, exercise, and play video games for the entire off season.

broncofan4life
12-13-2009, 06:27 PM
Pay the man!!!!

broncocalijohn
12-13-2009, 06:46 PM
Yes, this will cost us some dollars. So far, BMarsh has been everything you want in a wideout and teammate (minus the shove on Moreno). He is going to get everything he wants in a contract.

pink_feet
12-13-2009, 06:48 PM
anyone get the feeling, Marshall does not want to come back to Denver?
I have a feeling, he will be on another team next year.

Rulon Velvet Jones
12-13-2009, 06:49 PM

Where would you get that idea? Was it when he gave the TD ball to McDaniels last week? Or when he found the Broncos fan in the stands today and handed over a game ball?

pink_feet
12-13-2009, 06:49 PM
Where would you get that idea? Was it when he gave the TD ball to McDaniels last week? Or when he found the Broncos fan in the stands today and handed over a game ball?

Just a feeling.

SonOfLe-loLang
12-13-2009, 06:51 PM
Just a feeling.

hes not going anywhere

pink_feet
12-13-2009, 06:53 PM
hes not going anywhere

I will believe that when he signs a long term deal. Until then, anything can happen.

rastaman
12-13-2009, 07:04 PM
I'm fine with paying Marshall, but you're a complete psychopath.

I've never seen anyone here who holds the team in more disdain, and yet selectively blabs on about player contracts, and reps.

You're just a strange, strange individual.

I've never seen a Corporate owner/FO and HC sycophant as you parading around as a fan who has such disdain for the very warriors-the players who make the game what it is today and of whom takes the risk every day with their bodies-souls and lives just to entertain miserable customers like you.

Strange-Strange it is.:thumbs:

rastaman
12-13-2009, 07:05 PM
Yes, this will cost us some dollars. So far, BMarsh has been everything you want in a wideout and teammate (minus the shove on Moreno). He is going to get everything he wants in a contract.

If we don't pay him some other team will.

SonOfLe-loLang
12-13-2009, 07:06 PM
I will believe that when he signs a long term deal. Until then, anything can happen.

He's not an unrestricted free agent. Hes not going anywhere

SonOfLe-loLang
12-13-2009, 07:07 PM
I've never seen a Corporate owner/FO and HC sycophant as you parading around as a fan who has such disdain for the very warriors-the players who make the game what it is today and of whom takes the risk every day with their bodies-souls and lives just to entertain miserable customers like you.

Strange-Strange it is.:thumbs:

I cant believe youre in your 50's

ColoradoDarin
12-13-2009, 07:12 PM
Depends on what the meat of the contract is. If those terms are agreeable then yeah. **** I'd love to have a contract that says if I'm a good boy I get an extra million dollars. It has no bearing on the body of the contract. It's just an add on to give him some real incentive to sit at home, exercise, and play video games for the entire off season.

You do realize he's going to get a check for $30 million dollars, right? That's upfront, as soon as he signs his name on the dotted line. I'm down with the Broncos paying him (especially since it's Pat's money and not mine - well directly mine anyways). A million here or there offers no 'protection' for the team comparatively. It's a risk to resign him, it just is. But it is a risk I think the Broncos should make.

eddie mac
12-13-2009, 07:37 PM
Franchise that ass!

Given the way he's playing a 1st and 3rd rd tender might not be enough so the above is becoming a distinct possibility. Only thing is it will cost a few million $$$ more.

ColoradoDarin
12-13-2009, 07:40 PM
Given the way he's playing a 1st and 3rd rd tender might not be enough so the above is becoming a distinct possibility. Only thing is it will cost a few million $$$ more.

If I'm a team like for instance, the Ravens, I would happily fork over a 1st and a 3rd. That'd be comparable to the Minn/KC deal for Jared Allen. Anyone think Minny is missing those picks right now?

rastaman
12-13-2009, 08:00 PM

Oh not the "Age" thing a again.:~ohyah!:

theAPAOps5
12-13-2009, 08:05 PM

Well, and I am sorry to be blunt, but that is a dumb feeling to have. He is an unrestricted free agent only if they renew the CBA. And that won't be happening. Denver gets a chance to match a contract or get a 1st and 3rd. He will be in Denver and he will get a new contract and he deserves it with how he has been playing and acting recently.

broncocalijohn
12-13-2009, 08:12 PM

You dont need to believe it because he isnt. Last week, he asked who is Sally Fields? If you are over 37, you know Sally Fields.

pink_feet
12-13-2009, 08:33 PM
Well, and I am sorry to be blunt, but that is a dumb feeling to have. He is an unrestricted free agent only if they renew the CBA. And that won't be happening. Denver gets a chance to match a contract or get a 1st and 3rd. He will be in Denver and he will get a new contract and he deserves it with how he has been playing and acting recently.

You dont think someone will cough up picks for a WR of Marshalls caliber?
Look what the Vikings did with Jared Allen. Impact players are worth it.

snowspot66
12-13-2009, 08:35 PM

Doesn't matter if they'll give up picks for him. We get the rights to match the offer. He doesn't get a choice in which offer he takes. He's not leaving unless we don't want him. I can't imagine a world in which we don't want him.

baja
12-13-2009, 08:37 PM
Lock up marshall today!!!

Oh no what'd he do....

theAPAOps5
12-13-2009, 08:38 PM

You don't get it. Denver has the opportunity to match and will in my mind. Its not like they can sign him and its done. Denver is in the Drivers seat. I think it won't even get that far. Remember Marshalls nephew who he is the guardian for plays football for one of the best high school teams in the country. He will be here next year.

Archer81
12-13-2009, 08:43 PM
86 catches, 1008 yards, 9 tds this season for Mr. Marshall. He is going to get a payday from Denver. Just a gut feeling.

:Broncos:

rastaman
12-13-2009, 08:50 PM
Doesn't matter if they'll give up picks for him. We get the rights to match the offer. He doesn't get a choice in which offer he takes. He's not leaving unless we don't want him. I can't imagine a world in which we don't want him.

Bowlen is going to have to pay out of the Wah-Zu to keep Marshall. If Marshall gets wind that Bowlen is about to give him the NE two step with low balling his contract. Get ready for drama city. Teams in the NFL already know what a beast Marshal is. These teams could very well wait while Marshall does the Randy Moss two step and wear out his welcome in Denver the way Moss did in Mnnesota and in Oakland.

Can't very well ask for a 1st and 3rd for BMarsh if his perfornance and production drops off b/c Denver won't pay him the money he deserves.

BMarsh will be the top paid WR either in Denver or with another NFL team.

Archer81
12-13-2009, 09:02 PM
Bowlen is going to have to pay out of the Wah-Zu to keep Marshall. If Marshall gets wind that Bowlen is about to give him the NE two step with low balling his contract. Get ready for drama city. Teams in the NFL already know what a beast Marshal is. These teams could very well wait while Marshall does the Randy Moss two step and wear out his welcome in Denver the way Moss did in Mnnesota and in Oakland.

Can't very well ask for a 1st and 3rd for BMarsh if his perfornance and production drops off b/c Denver won't pay him the money he deserves.

BMarsh will be the top paid WR either in Denver or with another NFL team.

I am not sure why you are comparing Moss and Marshall. The two have completely different personalities, and until Marshall hits a metermaid at DIA, he wont be going anywhere. You also say teams see what a beast Marshall is, then use his "lack of production" argument would somehow deter Denver from asking for a 1st and 3rd...because of what Marshall has done you can ask for whatever you like in regards to his value. Its the Broncos that assign value to Marshall, not other teams.

:Broncos:

Beantown Bronco
12-13-2009, 09:11 PM
I love how people just assume that because of the Jared Allen situation, that loads of teams are just waiting to give up firsts and thirds for a shot at a playmaker. Think about it. There's obviously enough red flags with Marshall that people don't want to break the bank on him here. Now add a first and third on top of the ridiculous guaranteed money he'll demand. Then really think about the "Goodell risk factor" and how you'll potentially be throwing it all away with one bad decision on his part. If the Broncos, who have been around him every day and know what he's thinking better than anyone, haven't gotten to that comfort level; how exactly would some other team that doesn't know him that well be there?

baja
12-13-2009, 09:14 PM
Rastaman takes any chance he can to mention Cutler. You see he is the last remaining person on earth that thinks trading Cutler was an utter horrid decision. He still says that Cutler can be fixed. <b> But Shanny the greatest Offensive mind and QB developer of his time and McD the heir apparent to that throne didn't see the same. </b>

And if he was fixable you would think he would have improved this season yet he has gotten worse. So forgive Rastaman because he isn't very good at the NFL in terms of the QB position. Just look at his latest, he says Tebow is a top tier QB in waiting for the NFL. That alone tells you enough.

How would you know Shanahan felt that way about Cutler?

theAPAOps5
12-13-2009, 09:18 PM
How would you know Shanahan felt that way about Cutler?

Sorry I deleted this because I meant to respond in a different thread. But I will answer it since you asked.

Shanny will never say publicly his concerns about Cutler. But many in the know also have said that he was very concerned with his off the field actions and his attitude. I guess I am speaking from my own information and its there is no way I can give you proof so its up to others to make their own decisions.

Maybe what I should have said is that Shanny one of the greatest QB coaches of all time couldn't fix him then why would you say he is fixable.

Bad wording and honestly its my own opinion but I will always stand by it.

baja
12-13-2009, 09:25 PM
Sorry I deleted this because I meant to respond in a different thread. But I will answer it since you asked.

Shanny will never say publicly his concerns about Cutler. But many in the know also have said that he was very concerned with his off the field actions and his attitude. I guess I am speaking from my own information and its there is no way I can give you proof so its up to others to make their own decisions.

Maybe what I should have said is that Shanny one of the greatest QB coaches of all time couldn't fix him then why would you say he is fixable.

Why did this never come up in the 1000's of Cutler threads we have seen here since the riff.

steeledude
12-13-2009, 09:32 PM

And I'm not sure what you mean Shanny couldn't "fix him". Cutler got better every year he was here, he regressed without Shanny.

I'd take Cutler any day over Orton. When Cutler left people said he needed to go because his huge offensive numbers didn't tell the whole story. Cutler was bad in the red zone. Without Cutler we were promised better red zone production, but in actuality what we've gotten is no improvement in the red zone and a QB who doesn't have the ability to change a game.

Is Cutler ****ty in Chicago? Yes, much more than anyone probably believed he'd be. He needs a real coach who can coach him. He is still very young. He'll get that next year.

theAPAOps5
12-13-2009, 09:34 PM
Why did this never come up in the 1000's of Cutler threads we have seen here since the riff.

Well it was discussed but very briefly. Sandy Clough one of the biggest Cutler fans in Denver Radio let something slip once in the offseason. He said Shanny was very concerned about Cutlers off the field transgressions. It was a comment said in passing once and I emailed him about it and he said that if you talk to Shanny off the record he will tell you his concerns but he won't say it for public consumption.

Again everyone has the right to believe what they want because its semantics and very cloak and dagger type info. But Shanny had concerns and more importantly he couldn't fix the guy.

theAPAOps5
12-13-2009, 09:37 PM
And I'm not sure what you mean Shanny couldn't "fix him". Cutler got better every year he was here, he regressed without Shanny.

I'd take Cutler any day over Orton. When Cutler left people said he needed to go because his huge offensive numbers didn't tell the whole story. Cutler was bad in the red zone. Without Cutler we were promised better red zone production, but in actuality what we've gotten is no improvement in the red zone and a QB who doesn't have the ability to change a game.

Is Cutler ****ty in Chicago? Yes, much more than anyone probably believed he'd be. He needs a real coach who can coach him. He is still very young. He'll get that next year.

Good for you. Some of us would prefer winners and Cutler isn't one. So take him any day if you want. But he is a loser and if you want losers on your team I feel sorry for you. But hey he has a laser rocket arm so its understandable why you are so enamored with him. Too bad it leads to losing seasons and horrid INT's. But I won't judge some people really like mediocrity!

Oh and Orton is 8-5 with a winning record as a QB. Cutler is 5-8 with a losing record. So by all means keep Cutler but don't get upset when I laugh at you.

theAPAOps5
12-13-2009, 09:41 PM
But lets get off Cutler he isn't a Bronco. Marshall is and he deserves to be paid like the WR he has been.

rastaman
12-13-2009, 10:17 PM
Good for you. Some of us would prefer winners and Cutler isn't one. So take him any day if you want. But he is a loser and if you want losers on your team I feel sorry for you. But hey he has a laser rocket arm so its understandable why you are so enamored with him. Too bad it leads to losing seasons and horrid INT's. But I won't judge some people really like mediocrity!

Oh and Orton is 8-5 with a winning record as a QB. Cutler is 5-8 with a losing record. So by all means keep Cutler but don't get upset when I laugh at you.

Its way to early to say Cutler will be an interception/loser his entire NFL career.

baja
12-13-2009, 10:18 PM
Well it was discussed but very briefly. Sandy Clough one of the biggest Cutler fans in Denver Radio let something slip once in the offseason. He said Shanny was very concerned about Cutlers off the field transgressions. It was a comment said in passing once and I emailed him about it and he said that if you talk to Shanny off the record he will tell you his concerns but he won't say it for public consumption.

Again everyone has the right to believe what they want because its semantics and very cloak and dagger type info. But Shanny had concerns and more importantly he couldn't fix the guy.

Had this been reveled when the Cutler saga was unfolding it would have been a strong talking point for those of us that saw Cutler moving on as a good thing. I find it shocking that this information did not come out on this board with the level of scrutiny that was invested.

baja
12-13-2009, 10:22 PM

<b>Is Cutler ****ty in Chicago? Yes, much more than anyone probably believed he'd be. He needs a real coach who can coach him. He is still very young. He'll get that next year.

So you saying Cutler is a coach killer..

broncocalijohn
12-13-2009, 11:19 PM

No Baja, I dont think he voted in your Is Cutler a coach killer thread......with a poll of course.

JJJ
12-14-2009, 12:43 AM
Is that a jab at our offense? Because I fail to see how a WR putting up similar stats to a TE who barring injury will end up in the HoF as one of the best TE's in the history of the game (and a physical specimen on the order of Michael Phelps is to swimming) is a knock on us.

Yeah pretty much. More at Orton though.

I just think it is interesting that our TE averages 2.5 yards per catch than your big play receiver and more than 4 yards per catch than your downfield speed guy. These two offenses really couldn't be any more different.

steeledude
12-14-2009, 06:18 AM

Man I wish I could operate on your logic in the real world.

baja
12-14-2009, 08:53 AM
Man I wish I could operate on your logic in the real world.

Well I was attempting to be funny but if you want to look at it that is what you are saying.

You predict the Bears will fire Lovie and get a HC that can coax the talent out of a pampered and undisciplined Jay Cutler, this makes Cutler a coach killer because he is valued higher that a HC at this point by the Bears. He may find himself in this same situation a time or two more before he either gets a coach that CAN harness him or he will be out of the league. But make no mistake at this point in his career Jay Cutler is a coach killer

Meck77
12-14-2009, 08:59 AM
I agree that he deserves a new deal but find it hard to believe the Broncos have no recourse if he gets arrested and convicted.

For the record if we sign him I personally don't think Bmash will be able to handle $30,000,000 in the bank and not get into trouble again.

azbroncfan
12-14-2009, 09:01 AM
I am okay signing him but he needs serious behavior clauses in there.

55CrushEm
12-14-2009, 09:46 AM
I definitely moved in the "we need to keep Marshall" camp.....I wasn't sure in the offseason.

But my fear now is....in being Patriots West, will we sign him? The Patriots have historically let their best receivers go (Branch, Givens, Patten, etc.) because they know that Brady makes them all better.....in other words, those receivers NEEDED Brady.

But obviously our situation is much different......it is Marshall making Orton look better....and therefore it is Orton that NEEDS him.....

Yes, pay the man.

SJ Bronco
12-14-2009, 09:57 AM
I definitely moved in the "we need to keep Marshall" camp.....I wasn't sure in the offseason.

But my fear now is....in being Patriots West, will we sign him? The Patriots have historically let their best receivers go (Branch, Givens, Patten, etc.) because they know that Brady makes them all better.....in other words, those receivers NEEDED Brady.

But obviously our situation is much different......it is Marshall making Orton look better....and therefore it is Orton that NEEDS him.....

Yes, pay the man.

Every word of this

outdoor_miner
12-14-2009, 10:00 AM

Yes, pay the man.

I shudder at the thought of this offense without Marshall. He's been amazing, and I can't imagine the FO deciding to let him go.

broncosteven
12-14-2009, 10:05 AM

I think it will be a lot harder after his record setting 21 catch day. Guessing that gets used as MORE leverage and the only way we sign him is if he wants to stay in Denver.

SJ Bronco
12-14-2009, 10:11 AM
I think it will be a lot harder after his record setting 21 catch day. Guessing that gets used as MORE leverage and the only way we sign him is if he wants to stay in Denver.

I think if we were in an offense that put up big impressive numbers, I'd disagree, but with the offense we have, he may be worth every penny, I mean a lot of his numbers have been all him. Great catches, rac yards, getting the team pumped...I mean he really had a positive effect on the team, and if he can keep that up till the end, I don't see why we don't take a chance on him and pay him.

jhns
12-14-2009, 10:11 AM
He needed to be signed this past offseason. We have known what he can do, this past game isn't something new. This team will not be the same without him if he goes.

broncosteven
12-14-2009, 10:14 AM
I think if we were in an offense that put up big impressive numbers, I'd disagree, but with the offense we have, he may be worth every penny, I mean a lot of his numbers have been all him. Great catches, rac yards, getting the team pumped...I mean he really had a positive effect on the team, and if he can keep that up till the end, I don't see why we don't take a chance on him and pay him.

Add the games he won for the team late. I just have a feeling the ball to the fans were for a FA team who is on the fence about giving him a record deal.

steeledude
12-14-2009, 05:30 PM

I suppose my support of Cutler is becoming comical. I just can't get behind Orton. Don't know why. I loved all our other QBs, but Orton is just...I don't know.

steeledude
12-14-2009, 05:32 PM
Well I was attempting to be funny but if you want to look at it that is what you are saying.

You predict the Bears will fire Lovie and get a HC that can coax the talent out of a pampered and undisciplined Jay Cutler, this makes Cutler a coach killer because he is valued higher that a HC at this point by the Bears. He may find himself in this same situation a time or two more before he either gets a coach that CAN harness him or he will be out of the league. But make no mistake at this point in his career Jay Cutler is a coach killer

I do predict the Bears will fire Lovie, but I think Cutler is a small piece of that puzzle. They took a pro bowl QB and look at him now. The Bears have been struggling for years. But I also think the Bears could keep Lovie and force him to hire a smart O-coordinator.

theAPAOps5
12-14-2009, 05:37 PM
I suppose my support of Cutler is becoming comical. I just can't get behind Orton. Don't know why. I loved all our other QBs, but Orton is just...I don't know.

You know its very strange because Orton does what is needed but he does seem to be missing that IT factor. So I can see why you and others can't warm up to him. Honestly, if he is gone next year so be it I like what he has done but by no means do I think he is the end all be all.

As for Cutler the guy has the IT factor in terms of his amazing ability. The guy is just amazing to watch when he is on. But he is also missing something important which is discipline and that drive to be the best. Thats my opinion at least because he should be killing EVERYONE with the gifts he has.

Anyways, sorry this thread about Marshall turned into another Cutler fight.

GO BRONCOS........ Sign Marhsall!

Abqbronco
12-14-2009, 06:02 PM
You don't get it. Denver has the opportunity to match and will in my mind. Its not like they can sign him and its done. Denver is in the Drivers seat. I think it won't even get that far. Remember Marshalls nephew who he is the guardian for plays football for one of the best high school teams in the country. He will be here next year.

Who is Marshall's nephew? Why is he going to be in Denver next year? Forgive me for my ignorance.

theAPAOps5
12-14-2009, 06:09 PM
Who is Marshall's nephew? Why is he going to be in Denver next year? Forgive me for my ignorance.

It was on 9news last week. He has legal custody of his nephew and he played for Mullen and won the State Championship last week. Didn't do an article on it but Susie, Man Face, Wargin mentioned it on the morning news.

theAPAOps5
12-14-2009, 06:13 PM
Sorry its his first cousin here is a Denver Post article on this:

http://www.denverpost.com/premium/broncos/ci_13871084

Abqbronco
12-14-2009, 06:19 PM

Interesting article. I can't believe I missed it. Thanks for the link.

SJ Bronco
12-14-2009, 06:30 PM

Still, people will say he's a bad guy......Having bad taste in women can screw you, but it still ain't a crime, and being a spoiled know it all, egotistical, brat at 23 is everyone's right as a human. I want to reach out and smack the SHYT out of me at 23.