PDA

View Full Version : Bears lose, eliminated from the playoffs

Hercules Rockefeller
12-13-2009, 01:05 PM
5-8

Green Bay at 9 wins already.

Dallas and Philly are tied in the NFC East with 8, Chicago can't match either of their conference records even if they win out now.

Bronx33
12-13-2009, 01:09 PM
Cutlers legacy in it's infancy.

BroncoDoug
12-13-2009, 01:10 PM
he only threw 2 picks today, franchise

Bronx33
12-13-2009, 01:15 PM
hes alllll yours bears fans (enjoy)

OBF1
12-13-2009, 01:16 PM
I hate McDaniels for trading this all time great/franchise QB

Hercules Rockefeller
12-13-2009, 01:24 PM
At the start of the late games:

There are 6 teams who will be guaranteed to have a worse record than the Bears after this week.

There is 1 team, Oakland, who can tie the Bears at 5-8 if they win.
-root for the Raiders

There are 2 5-7 teams left to play, Tennesse @ StL right now and San Fran vs Arizona tomorrow night. Root for both, Tennessee isn't going to make the playoffs.

There are 4 5-8 teams including Chicago. Carolina had a stronger SOS going into this week and played NE, it's not going to change much. Buffalo joined the 5-win group after beating KC, their SOS will go down (it was the same as Chicago's last week). Seattle also had a weaker SOS last week, that won't change either. Oakland's SOS is currently stronger too.

I would bet Denver moves to 9th if Oakland wins this week.

Vegas_Bronco
12-13-2009, 01:29 PM
All I want for Christmas is my two front QBs!

fontaine
12-13-2009, 01:43 PM
Jay Cutler, the modern day Trojan Horse!

Bronx33
12-13-2009, 01:45 PM

Thats some quality smack right there.

flair
12-13-2009, 01:45 PM
Seeing Cutler fail is normal to say the least.

Popps
12-13-2009, 01:47 PM
he only threw 2 picks today, franchise

I'm guessing he had to throw more than 11 times today, which was probably their problem.

****, I wish we had the Bears pick every year. That would be fantastic.

listopencil
12-13-2009, 01:50 PM
I slept late because I knew I wouldn't get a chance to watch the game. Stayed up late last night. I wandered into the living room, turned on the TV. Immediately Cutler threw a game-losing INT for me. It was nice. Good morning to you too, Jay.

bombay
12-13-2009, 01:50 PM
wait... not the Super Bowl Bound Bears? With the Franchise Quarterback?

Popps
12-13-2009, 01:52 PM
wait... not the Super Bowl Bound Bears? With the Franchise Quarterback?

No, no... that was the pre-season.

BPC, Lex and company told us how dominant they would be with the improved team Chicago had.

Now, Cutler just doesn't have enough help.

The story changed. Stay tuned. It'll change again.

Garcia Bronco
12-13-2009, 02:02 PM
All I want for Christmas is my two front QBs!

Code Name: Ulyssess

FantomForce
12-13-2009, 02:17 PM
Cutler has a vacation spot that he just can't give up for the "playoffs!"

Williams
12-13-2009, 02:31 PM

:notworthy

It's crazy Chicago's eliminated already. Didn't they start the season with the easiest schedule, bar none? I think thats part of the reason so many expert talking heads picked them as a Super Bowl contender. The other of course being their newly aquired "franchise" QB.:giggle:

KipCorrington25
12-13-2009, 02:40 PM
Well their fans are a 9 so that's the most important thing.

Hogan11
12-13-2009, 02:49 PM
Seeing Cutler fail is normal to say the least.

True, but it still makes me smile every week it happens.

Some people just get what they deserve, it's beautiful when that happens.

BroncoDoug
12-13-2009, 02:52 PM
I slept late because I knew I wouldn't get a chance to watch the game. Stayed up late last night. I wandered into the living room, turned on the TV. Immediately Cutler threw a game-losing INT for me. It was nice. Good morning to you too, Jay.

What a way to wake up! I wish I could of been that lucky...

baja
12-13-2009, 03:10 PM

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=84853

Kaylore
12-13-2009, 04:42 PM
This is a nice little gem:
The Packers swept the Bears for the first time since 2003. ... Cutler, who threw two interceptions, has the most (22) for a Bears QB since 1949.

That's right. The most of any Bears QB in 60 years. Think about that. Of all the crappy QB's that the Bears have had, none have thrown for as many picks as Jay Cutler has thrown. And the crazy part is there are three games left to play.

Now cue Colonelbeef and BPC to come in and explain how this is just "first season hiccups" and "he'll be alright once he gets some receivers/offensive line/a better/ better coaches, etc." You know. All the thing that real franchise QB's don't need to not throw 25 interceptions in a season.

Bronx33
12-13-2009, 04:46 PM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=84853

Iam really curious who the scapegoats will be this off season also the bears won't be able to improve things much after what they gave up to get the frown cannon next season could be another repeat of this year.

broncogary
12-13-2009, 05:08 PM

That's right. The most of any Bears QB in 60 years. Think about that. Of all the crappy QB's that the Bears have had, none have thrown for as many picks as Jay Cutler has thrown. And the crazy part is there are three games left to play.

Now cue Colonelbeef and BPC to come in and explain how this is just "first season hiccups" and "he'll be alright once he gets some receivers/offensive line/a better/ better coaches, etc." You know. All the thing that real franchise QB's don't need to not throw 25 interceptions in a season.

I wonder if he can get the record? Ha!

BroncoDoug
12-13-2009, 05:24 PM
I wonder if he can get the record? Ha!

well the record is like 42, so he would have to have the most epic of collapses in the history of sport. But 30 isn't out of the question.

BroncoInferno
12-13-2009, 05:30 PM

Also cue them comparing Cutler's wretched season to far better QBs who played in completely different, less QB friendly eras.

Bronx33
12-13-2009, 05:30 PM
http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/7170/whineylittle.jpg

broncocalijohn
12-13-2009, 05:45 PM
As long as The Bears keep failing, that is what is most important. At this point, I dont care if Cutler throws for 400 yards and 4 TDs. I want that team to lose those last 3 games anyway possible. If it is because he threw another Red zone pick with 1:30 left in an one point game, then that is cherry on the top. That draft pick is what we should first care about then watching the Frown Cannon choke another game second. BTW, GB should have had two picks more that game.

Captain 'Dre
12-13-2009, 08:13 PM
Cutlers maturity in it's infancy.

Fixed it for ya! Ha!

Popps
12-13-2009, 08:24 PM
Funny how the Cutler crowd has thinned out or moved to other issues, huh?

Now... out of ideas.... they're going back 5 years to bitch about a guy Shanahan fired.

Like I said, the only bummer is that Cutler won't decide our draft pick every year.

Beantown Bronco
12-13-2009, 08:28 PM
Funny how the Cutler crowd has thinned out or moved to other issues, huh?

Now... out of ideas.... they're going back 5 years to b**** about a guy Shanahan fired.

Like I said, the only bummer is that Cutler won't decide our draft pick every year.

I don't want the fun to end either. Maybe we can trade Hillis to them in the offseason for a draft pick in 2011. The way some folks around here talk about him, a first rounder shouldn't be out of the question.

Baba Booey
12-13-2009, 08:33 PM
The odds he started his postgame conference with a combination of "tough" and "you know"

BroncoDoug
12-13-2009, 08:36 PM
The odds he started his postgame conference with a combination of "tough" and "you know"

and ummmm

baja
12-13-2009, 08:37 PM
I don't want the fun to end either. Maybe we can trade Hillis to them in the offseason for a draft pick in 2011. The way some folks around here talk about him, a first rounder shouldn't be out of the question.

I have been puzzled by the non use of Hillis past games but today with Buck injured and Moreno floundering and out of energy late in the game I can't come up with a good reason that he would not play today.

Can anyone?

Garcia Bronco
12-13-2009, 08:43 PM
Right now its the number 9 pick

colonelbeef
12-13-2009, 08:47 PM

Thank god, going to need a legitimate QB with that pick

hopefully they don't trade it away for another mediocre cb or blocking te

Los Broncos
12-13-2009, 08:54 PM

Some mocks have us taking a kicker.

Los Broncos
12-13-2009, 08:57 PM

http://www.chicagobears.com/multimedia/multimediapopup.asp?mm_file_id=1777&play_clip=Y&rn=19

Popps
12-13-2009, 09:00 PM

Wow, they've got Baltimore, Minny and Detroit.

They should lose 2, and who knows, they could lose @ Detroit.

We could be looking at a top 10 ****ing pick!

I was joking about it earlier this month, but it's a friggin' reality!

What a brilliant trade.

Los Broncos
12-13-2009, 09:04 PM
Top ten for sure, is McCoy the top QB coming out?

colonelbeef
12-13-2009, 09:11 PM
Top ten for sure, is McCoy the top QB coming out?

I usually don't pay much attention to college football, let alone individual players, but I will definitely be watching QB hilights to get a feel for who's who.

Maybe an educated college fan can give us a rundown

Los Broncos
12-13-2009, 09:15 PM
I usually don't pay much attention to college football, let alone individual players, but I will definitely be watching QB hilights to get a feel for who's who.

Pretty much the same here, maybe I should Google something.

Looks like Locker is according to this mock.

They have us at #9 taking Rolando McClain

Denver Broncos: Rolando McClain, ILB, Alabama
Andra Davis was playing on an extremely high level at the beginning of the year, but has worn down a bit as the season has gone on. Davis will be 31 soon, so there's no telling how long he'll be effective.

Rolando McClain is one of the top players in this class. He could be a dynamic force in Denver's defense for the next decade.

Then with the #90 were taking a QB.

Denver Broncos: Sean Canfield, QB, Oregon State
If Josh McDaniels can't get Sam Bradford in Round 1 or Tony Pike in Round 2, I think he'd settle for Sean Canfield here. Canfield is a smart quarterback who fits the mold of what McDaniels looks for at the position.

This one has us taking Bradford at #11.

11. DEN: Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma*
CB and MLB top Denver's agenda coming into the draft. Florida's Joe Haden could be the pick as he is a shutdown corner with tremendous upside, but if the former Heisman Trophy winner is still available, they will be hard press to pass on him. He may not have the strongest arm and is an injury risk, but he is extremely accurate and a proven winner.

Have Orton around 1 more year while Bradford learns and McDaniels molds him.

Popps
12-13-2009, 09:31 PM
CB and MLB top Denver's agenda coming into the draft. Florida's Joe Haden could be the pick as he is a shutdown corner with tremendous upside, but if the former Heisman Trophy winner is still available, they will be hard press to pass on him. He may not have the strongest arm and is an injury risk, but he is extremely accurate and a proven winner.

CB is our top priority?

Not so sure about that. I hope not, anyway.

I love the ILB idea, though.

Los Broncos
12-13-2009, 09:35 PM
CB is our top priority?

Not a good pick when we need inside defensive help.

But every year these mocks come out with us drafting crazy, like TE's and such.

Another one has us taking RT but not till the 3rd, that would lock up that side up if Harris doesn't work out with the injuries.

baja
12-13-2009, 09:55 PM
http://www.chicagobears.com/multimedia/multimediapopup.asp?mm_file_id=1777&play_clip=Y&rn=19

Thanks for posting that.

Two things;

1. Cutler has some serious fluid retention and inflammation going on. He doesn't even look like the same guy. His disease and the way he is managing it is wearing out his immune system and consequently him. If he doesn't make some lifestyle changes he will be out of football in a few years.

2, Listen to the arrogant f**k he throws Lovie under the bus in his off handed way and then forgives him for failing to get the play in on time resulting in Cutler being forced to call a time out. What a Dick...

Paladin
12-13-2009, 09:56 PM

Why? You an employee? You gonna dio the fugging pick? You are such an arse, you wouldn't know good QB play if the anyone told you what it was. You ought to go tp a QB camp just to learn something about football.

You are a joke. Get over yourself. You are not gonna pick anyone.

Finger Roll
12-13-2009, 10:01 PM

the problem is we need to draft ahead of Buffalo or Washington. If not we will not be drafting a qb in round 1.

Finger Roll
12-13-2009, 10:04 PM
CB is our top priority?

I hope not. It's easy to find good linebackers. I'd rather draft a DL, QB, WR or safety

Bronco Yoda
12-13-2009, 10:09 PM
We need a stud RB and O-line.

broncocalijohn
12-13-2009, 10:12 PM

As long as Cutler still taking the command in Chicago for the last three games, I think he can help us improve that pick.

Hercules Rockefeller
12-13-2009, 10:18 PM
As long as Cutler still taking the command in Chicago for the last three games, I think he can help us improve that pick.

Doubt it. Oakland and Washington have 4 wins, but the chances of someone currently higher than Chicago winning enough to pass them isn't that good.

This pick will solidify around 8-10 if they lose the next 2 games.

Popps
12-13-2009, 10:19 PM
Doubt it. Oakland and Washington have 4 wins, but the chances of someone currently higher than Chicago winning enough to pass them isn't that good.

Fuggin' awesome.

Los Broncos
12-13-2009, 10:20 PM

So if they lose the last three will we get anything higher than 8 or 9 no matter what?

baja
12-13-2009, 10:22 PM

That's perfect there will be a couple of blue chipers that slip to our pick and will have high value to a team with a glaring need or sees the "missing piece", a perfect position to trade down or grab a player at great value.

Hercules Rockefeller
12-13-2009, 10:30 PM
So if they lose the last three will we get anything higher than 8 or 9 no matter what?

Tampa and StL can't win 5 games

2-11
Cleveland- @KC, Oak, Jax
-doubt they get to 5 wins

Detroit- Arizona, @SF, Chicago
-doubt they get to 5

3-10
KC- Cleveland, @Cincy, @Denver
-doubt they get to 5

4-11
Oakland- @Den, @Cleve, Balt
-could get to 5 wins by beating Cleveland

Washington- NYG, Dal, @SD
-I would be shocked if they won another game all year

Those are the only teams that have a worse record than Chicago, there just aren't enough teams out there to jump them.

Just root for the 5-win teams to win their 6th to separate themselves so there is no need for a tiebreaker.

colonelbeef
12-13-2009, 10:33 PM
Why? You an employee? You gonna dio the fugging pick? You are such an arse, you wouldn't know good QB play if the anyone told you what it was. You ought to go tp a QB camp just to learn something about football.

You are a joke. Get over yourself. You are not gonna pick anyone.

why not just type out 'durrrrrrrrrrrr', it'll get your non-point across much more clearly for those of us with above room temperature IQs

orton isn't the answer at qb. all of your little tears won't change this fact. By all means tho, cry more

baja
12-13-2009, 10:34 PM

2-11
Cleveland- @KC, Oak, Jax

-doubt they get to 5

3-10
-doubt they get to 5

4-11

Those are the only teams that have a worse record than Chicago, there just aren't enough teams out there to jump them.

Just root for the 5-win teams to win their 6th to separate themselves so there is no need for a tiebreaker.

That's 5 teams so even if you scenario plays out we get the 6th pick assuming the teams currently tied with the Bears win one

Los Broncos
12-13-2009, 10:35 PM

2-11
Cleveland- @KC, Oak, Jax

-doubt they get to 5

3-10
-doubt they get to 5

4-11

Eh, a top ten pick is still pretty good.

broncocalijohn
12-13-2009, 10:36 PM
I dont think we are going QB at #7 -#10. I could even see us trading down for multi picks if the offer was right.

That's 5 teams so even if you scenario plays out we get the 6th pick assuming the teams currently tied with the Bears win one
He had two bottom teams not listed with who they play since they cant get to 5 wins as the Bears are currently.

Probably no better than 7th pick but not worse than 10th. Not bad.

Hercules Rockefeller
12-13-2009, 10:36 PM

There's 7, Tampa and StL can't get to 5 wins so I didn't break down their schedule.

Finger Roll
12-13-2009, 10:38 PM
I doubt the Bills will win another game since the play New England @Atlanta and the Colts

baja
12-13-2009, 10:39 PM
Oh. Well 7 works.

Remember all the whining around here when McD shipped off our pick instead of the Bears pick. ;D LOL

Popps
12-13-2009, 10:43 PM
orton isn't the answer at qb.

Says the guy who told us Cutler was.

Thanks, but I think the forum can get by without your expertise. Go back into hiding until our next loss, colon-beef.

Finger Roll
12-13-2009, 10:46 PM
too bad their are so many god awful teams this year

BroncoMan4ever
12-13-2009, 11:00 PM
Pretty much the same here, maybe I should Google something.

Looks like Locker is according to this mock.

They have us at #9 taking Rolando McClain

Denver Broncos: Rolando McClain, ILB, Alabama
Andra Davis was playing on an extremely high level at the beginning of the year, but has worn down a bit as the season has gone on. Davis will be 31 soon, so there's no telling how long he'll be effective.

Rolando McClain is one of the top players in this class. He could be a dynamic force in Denver's defense for the next decade.

Then with the #90 were taking a QB.

Denver Broncos: Sean Canfield, QB, Oregon State
If Josh McDaniels can't get Sam Bradford in Round 1 or Tony Pike in Round 2, I think he'd settle for Sean Canfield here. Canfield is a smart quarterback who fits the mold of what McDaniels looks for at the position.

This one has us taking Bradford at #11.

Have Orton around 1 more year while Bradford learns and McDaniels molds him.

after watching todays game and all the games we have lost to the supposed top teams in the league, i think our main weakness is the interior our our OL.

right now, i think if we were stronger between the tackles we would be much better than 8-5

and if we take Bradford in the 1st round this year, i am going to flip out and either kick a puppy or punch a baby.

Circle Orange
12-13-2009, 11:41 PM
Despite today's loss by the Broncos, they're still probably in the playoffs. Meanwhile, seeing the Bears totally collapse gives bitter satisfaction. http://scosoft.com/s/d/ebad21f.gif

On the postgame, ex bears qb Jim Miller still strains to come up with reasons and explanations for Cutler and why he sucks. Jiggets is done with it.

BTW, funny how those other qbs weren't any good, yet Cutler is all that and can't win, lift his teammates, or do anything so called 'franchise' qbs do. Say what you will about Grossman, when he was in there, the team responded. He was a lighting rod for excitement. The team also responded well to Orton's steady if unspectacular play. Jay celebrated a touchdown today and nobody even reacted to him. I still can tell his teammates aren't that pressed. The other two guys were genuinely liked by the team. Urlacher in particular was very vocal about Rex.

Meanwhile, I think da Bears will bottom out at what? 7-9? Excellent! It's comforting to know Jay will crumble as usual with the game on the line. I look for more of the same against the Ravens. Go, Jay Jay! Get that pick record! From the super bowl to the cellar, all in one stroke. http://scosoft.com/s/i/66ab57f4.gif

colonelbeef
12-13-2009, 11:47 PM
Says the guy who told us Cutler was.

Thanks, but I think the forum can get by without your expertise. Go back into hiding until our next loss, colon-beef.

Cutler is still a better player than orton is.

Favre threw 22 ints in his 16th NFL season en route to missing the playoffs with the jets in 2008. In 2009 he is the top rated qb in the league on a team that will have a first round bye.

You're the type of guy who last year would have been dumb enough to think orton was better than favre because he threw less interceptions or his team had more wins.

The broncos have a mediocre QB. Fact. All of the Poops superfan hyperbole in the world wont change this fact.

Popps
12-13-2009, 11:53 PM

Favre threw 22 ints in his 16th NFL season en route to missing the playoffs with the jets in 2008. In 2009 he is the top rated qb in the league on a team that will have a first round bye.

You're the type of guy who last year would have been dumb enough to think orton was better than favre because he threw less interceptions or his team had more wins.

The broncos have a mediocre QB. Fact. All of the Poops superfan hyperbole in the world wont change this fact.

To this stage in their career, Cutler is awful... and Orton is a winner.

None of your silly and wishful analogies will change that.

In a few years? Sure, you may be right.

Shouldn't you be happy that we're getting a better draft pick? Being a fan and all? ::)
Right now, you just sound like a bitter guy because Orton is having success and Cutler is not. Sorry bro! Better luck next time.

:~ohyah!:

colonelbeef
12-14-2009, 12:04 AM
To this stage in their career, Cutler is awful... and Orton is a winner.

None of your silly and wishful analogies will change that.

In a few years? Sure, you may be right.

Shouldn't you be happy that we're getting a better draft pick? Being a fan and all? ::)
Right now, you just sound like a bitter guy because Orton is having success and Cutler is not. Sorry bro! Better luck next time.

:~ohyah!:

I am 100% glad that the pick is a high one, no matter whose expense it comes at. I am indifferent towards Cutler as of the end of this season, as his play will no longer affect the broncos directly.

The broncos offense is bottom 5 in the league- it has regressed unfortunately as some of us predicted. Instead of pom pom waving and being pointlessly self congratulatory, I prefer to look ahead and see where improvements can be made. QB is the #1 priority going into the offseason.

Cue pom poms and kicklines

lex
12-14-2009, 12:06 AM
Oh. Well 7 works.

Remember all the whining around here when McD shipped off our pick instead of the Bears pick. ;D LOL

Remember when that pick got burned on 3rd and long today? Were you loling then?

Doggcow
12-14-2009, 12:08 AM
Remember when that pick got burned on 3rd and long today? Were you laughing then?

oh **** off. Smith didn't cost us this game. We've seen ****ing Champ Bailey get burned by Manning, you think he was a sht trade too?

lex
12-14-2009, 12:13 AM
oh **** off. Smith didn't cost us this game. We've seen ****ing Champ Bailey get burned by Manning, you think he was a sht trade too?

Champ is on the field a lot more and covers better WRs. It was kind of silly for you to compare Smith to Bailey.

24champ
12-14-2009, 12:29 AM
I would think McDaniels would overhaul the offense this offseason, it's not getting the production he wants, and I am sure he thinks certain players don't fit his system. Royal seems to have fallen off a cliff...not sure what happened with him. Sophomore slump? Interior OL needs to be upgraded, probably our biggest need.

ol number 7
12-14-2009, 06:41 AM
well the record is like 42, so he would have to have the most epic of collapses in the history of sport. But 30 isn't out of the question.

We'll just look at film and try to get better.

Jays pat answer he breaks out every December.

Throws picks better than "Sexy Rexy"

baja
12-14-2009, 06:44 AM
Remember when that pick got burned on 3rd and long today? Were you loling then?
The verdict is still out on McD and the new FO ability to draft well. Smith could turn out to be a solid play making corner or a bust, thing is we don't know yet and it is the same with Ayers, Quinn and the rest of the group. What we do know is McD's free agent choices have been very solid.

Cito Pelon
12-14-2009, 06:47 AM

Sweet Baby Jay, The M[ope]ster of the Midway.

Gort
12-14-2009, 07:11 AM

if this is your argument, then i don 't think too many people disagree with you:

cutler > orton on talent
orton > cutler on leadership, winning

is orton a SB caliber QB? i dunno. probably not. but his skill set matches McD's vision better than cutler's. that's why cutler is gone (along with other reasons) and why the Broncos are 8-5.

but weren't the Broncos 8-5 last year under cutler, you ask?

yes. last years team was smoke and mirrors. they probably overachieved to get to 8-5 and then the wheels fell off as cutler led them to 3 consecutive losses to end the season.

now's the time where orton can show that he's got more leadership and more maturity than cutler. the Broncos need 2 of the next 3, maybe even all 3, to lock up a WC spot. i wouldn't trust cutler to get it done. i do trust orton. now, he can show everyone why McD/Bowlen made the right move.

to be honest, i think this Broncos team is underachieving at 8-5. they should be 9-4 or perhaps 10-3 by my reckoning. they are on a 2-5 streak in their last 7 games. let's see if orton is the guy to close out the season the way we need him too.

also, notice that cutler has collapsed in CHI the same as he did in Denver. he got a complete change of scenery and he's still the same old rocket-armed knucklehead.

Gort
12-14-2009, 07:14 AM
I would think McDaniels would overhaul the offense this offseason, it's not getting the production he wants, and I am sure he thinks certain players don't fit his system. Royal seems to have fallen off a cliff...not sure what happened with him. Sophomore slump? Interior OL needs to be upgraded, probably our biggest need.

to be fair to Royal, it's kind of hard to pile up the receiving stats when McD is calling off tackle RB plays over and over and over again. there's a stubbornness there with McD that worries me a little. he better have a flea flicker or something off that play he's setting up to use at some critical moment, because otherwise he's just stubbornly sticking to something that doesn't work in games against defenses that are ready for it (BAL, PIT, IND).

TailgateNut
12-14-2009, 07:24 AM
why not just type out 'durrrrrrrrrrrr', it'll get your non-point across much more clearly for those of us with above room temperature IQs
orton isn't the answer at qb. all of your little tears won't change this fact. By all means tho, cry more

Are you Ice fishing?

Gort
12-14-2009, 07:34 AM
Are you Ice fishing?

you know, there's something odd about these orton-haters. they keep saying "orton isn't the answer at QB" while defending cutler. but in cutler's 3 seasons in Denver, he never got us to the playoffs. if orton gets us to the playoffs in his first year, isn't that by definition, "the answer"? to clarify, what does "orton isn't the answer at QB" really mean, if not getting a team into the post-season? and once you get a team into the post-season, doesn't that by definition mean that the QB is the answer? surely, winning the SB is not required, since Elway's first 3 were losses and he obviously was the answer at QB.

TailgateNut
12-14-2009, 07:38 AM
you know, there's something odd about these orton-haters. they keep saying "orton isn't the answer at QB" while defending cutler. but in cutler's 3 seasons in Denver, he never got us to the playoffs. if orton gets us to the playoffs in his first year, isn't that by definition, "the answer"? to clarify, what does "orton isn't the answer at QB" really mean, if not getting a team into the post-season? and once you get a team into the post-season, doesn't that by definition mean that the QB is the answer? surely, winning the SB is not required, since Elway's first 3 were losses and he obviously was the answer at QB.

I'll take Orton with an injured finger and a twisted ankle over a healthy Cutler any day of the week. Chicago deserves their "franchise QB".

By the end of this season Chi-town fans will be ****ting on Cutler's front door step.

colonelbeef
12-14-2009, 08:41 AM
The verdict is still out on McD and the new FO ability to draft well. Smith could turn out to be a solid play making corner or a bust, thing is we don't know yet and it is the same with Ayers, Quinn and the rest of the group. What we do know is McD's free agent choices have been very solid.

Correct. His free agent picks were a success by and large, although I do wish a few of the players were a few years younger. I like to think that the draft miscues and misstatements from last year were mainly due to the inexperience and turmoil revolving around the new gm and coach, and that it will get corrected this year.

Mr.Meanie
12-14-2009, 08:47 AM
I'll take Orton with an injured finger and a twisted ankle over a healthy Cutler any day of the week. Chicago deserves their "franchise QB".

By the end of this season Chi-town fans will be ****ting on Cutler's front door step.

I doubt it. They rationalize away Cutlers faults like we used to.

colonelbeef
12-14-2009, 08:48 AM

I don't hate Orton at all, I have come to like him, I just think he doesn't have the arm, ability to read the progressions/defenses quickly enough, or the release necessary to overcome his other physical deficiencies.

He is kind of like Jeff Hornacek was to the SG position- he will score points and can hit threes, but it's just not enough to make up for his total lack of defense. A team with Jeff Hornacek will never be able to win a title, and neither will Kyle Orton, although both are steady enough to win some games if surrounded with enough talent.

TailgateNut
12-14-2009, 08:49 AM
I doubt it. They rationalize away Cutlers faults like we used to.

We???

Kaylore
12-14-2009, 08:58 AM
And Colonelbeef, do you really believe that what this offense needed to give it a boost was 22 interceptions? Seriously? And that's to say nothing of the bad locker room chemistry Cutler was notorious for here that he brought with him over there. The difference is Urlacher, for better or worse, isn't afraid to air out the dirty laundry.

You are right about our offense needing to be better. However your belief that Cutler would/could make it better is almost as wrong as your belief he's a franchise QB. And pointing to one HOF QB's bad season and saying that justifies Cutler's issues isn't enough to say he is. Saying he sucked as bad as another good QB sucked one season is no kind of argument at all. The only thing you prove is they both sucked that year.

colonelbeef
12-14-2009, 09:01 AM
And Colonelbeef, do you really believe that what this offense needed to give it a boost was 22 interceptions? Seriously? And that's to say nothing of the bad locker room chemistry Cutler was notorious for here that he brought with him over there. The difference is Urlacher, for better or worse, isn't afraid to air out the dirty laundry.

You are right about our offense needing to be better. However your belief that Cutler would/could make it better is almost as wrong as your belief he's a franchise QB. And pointing to one HOF QB's bad season and saying that justifies Cutler's issues isn't enough to say he is. Saying he sucked as bad as another good QB sucked one season is no kind of argument at all. The only thing you prove is they both sucked that year.

Cutler is suffering from a lack of coaching and OL play coupled with key losses on the defensive side of the ball which have effectively rendered the bears D impotent. The loss of Urlacher, the playcaller and best defensive player on the team, was crippling.

Cutler w/ Shanahan or McDaniels and the Broncos OL would have improved on his numbers from last year, and with the Broncos Defense and an improved (and healthy) backfield would have won 11 games easily.

Notice that Urlacher is quick to pile on the offense, but he also is afraid to admit how the defense has regressed each of the past 3 seasons coming off of the Super Bowl appearance, to culminate this year with no ability to stop the run or pass

One thing that Urlacher says is 100% correct- the Bears need to be able to run the football, and they have no been able to do that at all this year. The Orlando Pace signing was perhaps the worst FA acquisition of the offseason, he is completely shot and has hampered both the passing and running game

baja
12-14-2009, 09:09 AM

If you want to see a self portrait of Jay Cutler's ego watch his post game interview after this week's loss.

Someone posted it here somewhere if I see it again I will paste it here.

If someone has it please link it here it really is telling...

Rohirrim
12-14-2009, 09:12 AM
Everybody who is getting worked up about this pick should remember one thing: McD could trade down for more picks. We need more than one playmaker on this team. He could get three picks for that top ten in a loaded draft.

baja
12-14-2009, 09:13 AM
Cutler is suffering from a lack of coaching and OL play coupled with key losses on the defensive side of the ball which have effectively rendered the bears D impotent. The loss of Urlacher, the playcaller and best defensive player on the team, was crippling.

Cutler w/ Shanahan or McDaniels and the Broncos OL would have improved on his numbers from last year, and with the Broncos Defense and an improved (and healthy) backfield would have won 11 games easily.

Notice that Urlacher is quick to pile on the offense, but he also is afraid to admit how the defense has regressed each of the past 3 seasons coming off of the Super Bowl appearance, to culminate this year with no ability to stop the run or pass

One thing that Urlacher says is 100% correct- the Bears need to be able to run the football, and they have no been able to do that at all this year. The Orlando Pace signing was perhaps the worst FA acquisition of the offseason, he is completely shot and has hampered both the passing and running game

Aba says Shanahan was planning on dumping Cutler at worst and at best was very concerned about his attitude, what do you make of that?

BroncoDoug
12-14-2009, 09:13 AM
If you want to see a self portrait of Jay Cutler's ego watch his post game interview after this week's loss.

Someone posted it here somewhere if I see it again I will paste it here.

If someone has it please link it here it really is telling...

this one?
http://www.chicagobears.com/multimedia/multimediapopup.asp?mm_file_id=1777&play_clip=Y&rn=3

Beantown Bronco
12-14-2009, 09:15 AM

The Bears defense has single handedly kept them in games that Cutler has simply thrown away.

The SF game. 10 pts given up despite 5 INTs.
21 pts given up against GB twice despite 6 INTs.
Two other games with 9 and 6 pts given up.
A few other games with less than 20 pts given up.

They are just where they were last year more or less despite Cutler putting them in terrible situations.

baja
12-14-2009, 09:15 AM
this one?
http://www.chicagobears.com/multimedia/multimediapopup.asp?mm_file_id=1777&play_clip=Y&rn=3

Ya that's it, thanks.

Rohirrim
12-14-2009, 09:16 AM

Ha! Cutler has had plenty of coaching. You just can't coach the "loser" out of some players. Cutler had Shanahan in his ear last year and four games to get into the playoffs. He played like ****. Loser.

Hercules Rockefeller
12-14-2009, 09:17 AM
Jay has 22 picks in 13 games

Excuses:
No coaching
No OL
No Urlacher
Defense has regressed

They're averaging 19 points a game, that's over 4 points less than last year when Orton started there. If you take out the 48 they put on Detroit, it drops to 16.6.

Chicgao's giving up 22.4 ppg, compared to 21.9 ppg last year. Even without Urlacher, not much has really changed there.

At what point, does Jay get some blame for a team that's going to go from 9-7 to 6-10 and maybe 7-9?

Beantown Bronco
12-14-2009, 09:19 AM

Excuses:
No coaching
No OL
No Urlacher
Defense has regressed

They're averaging 19 points a game, that's over 4 points less than last year when Orton started there. If you take out the 48 they put on Detroit, it drops to 16.6.

Chicgao's giving up 22.4 ppg, compared to 21.9 ppg last year. Even without Urlacher, not much has really changed there.

At what point, does Jay get some blame for a team that's going to go from 9-7 to 6-10 and maybe 7-9?

Can't wait to see colonel try to spin this one.

BroncoDoug
12-14-2009, 09:20 AM

Excuses:
No coaching
No OL
No Urlacher
Defense has regressed

6-10, 7-9? have you seen that team?!? Don't give Cutler that much credit, he isn't Joe Montana here, that team has 5-11 written all over it

baja
12-14-2009, 09:21 AM
The Bears defense has single handedly kept them in games that Cutler has simply thrown away.

They are just where they were last year more or less despite Cutler putting them in terrible situations.

This and they played one of the easiest schedules in the NFL and could only manage 5 wins.

Rohirrim
12-14-2009, 09:21 AM
By the time they get to Detroit, the Bears Oline might be letting blitzers through. Ha!

Kaylore
12-14-2009, 09:30 AM

What a bunch of bull ****. The Bears defense is still one of the top teams in creating turnovers and this means more possesions for baby Jay. Do they need to stop the run? Yes, but that has nothing to do with Cutler.

Here's the cold hard fact you can't get around. The majority of Cutler's interceptions were not a result of pressure or bad receivers. They were Cutler making bad throws. And don't even try to deny it because I've watched a lot of his games this year. Cutler makes the same bad decisions that he made here all year. He is not sacked more than other QB's. He is not hit more than other QB's, and throwing into double coverage has nothing to do with rookie receivers. Jay Cutler throws interceptions. They aren't deflections. They aren't a result of getting hit and altering the trajectory. There have been I think four interceptions that were the receiver falling down or going the wrong way. And worst of all he does it in the redzone so it directly contributes to points off the board.

Jay Cutler turns the ball over and turnovers lose games - especially in the red zone!

Jay Cutler makes mistakes that directly contribute to losing games.

Which brings me to my next point. You insist that w/Shanahan or McDaniels his numbers would be not just better than this year, but last year. That he would be in the conversation as league MVP.

Please.

In the former situation Bob Slowick, the worst defensive coordinator ever, would still be here and we probably would have drafted and signed a bunch of losers on defense, like did every year under Shanahan, that would have done nothing to improve the situation. Our ST would have still sucked and so we would have been playing from behind all year. Not to mention Shanahan could not get Jay to stop throwing ints while he was here and the locker room chemistry would have still been bad with Jay's immaturity. The result would be a similar season to last year w/a lot of passing yards but red zone turnovers which would lead to not many points.

In the latter instance, the chemistry would have been worse b/c Jay would have dragged his feet all through camp and turned half the team against the McDaniels. You know how stubborn he is and how he holds a grudge like he's a woman. He would not have accepted coaching, and again, team chemistry would have been crappy all year. His refusal to take coaching would have resulted in more mistakes and continued regression of his abilities. And since he doesn't take responsibility for anything, especially with people like yourself willing to bend over backwards to make up excuses for him, he would have seen no need to try and improve. Eventually McDaniels would have been forced to bench him and we would have been left to have Chris Simms play for us all year. That would have been really ugly!

So no, I don't agree with you. Your Shanahan/Cutler worship has blinded to you to how bad Cutler is. Think of all the crappy QB's that have played for Chi-town and Cutler has thrown for more ints than any of them in the last sixty years. And keep lying that it's his supporting cast. It's not.

colonelbeef
12-14-2009, 09:41 AM
Aba says Shanahan was planning on dumping Cutler at worst and at best was very concerned about his attitude, what do you make of that?

I think Cutler needs to grow up, but I also think his attitude problems, at least the public perception thereof, is overblown. Plenty of players with image problems have gone on to win, go no further than Elway or the Manning brothers.

I also think that having a humbling year like this year will go along way towards turning him around. The biggest difference between Cutler and a guy like Jeff George is that Cutler is ultra competitive, and eventually that desire will overcome his whinyness/pouting/bad habits in the long run.

He isn't a dumb kid, he just needs to get over himself and fully succumb to the team concept, as well as get the coaching any good QB needs in his formative years, and a few players around him.

Cutler will be successful yet. I am really curious to see what coaches are added to the bears' staff this offseason, will be really telling.

SoDak Bronco
12-14-2009, 09:47 AM
how do you know that Jeff George wasn't "ultra competitive" and Jay Cutler is? lol you are really looking pathetic with these arguments.

2KBack
12-14-2009, 09:48 AM
I think Cutler needs to grow up, but I also think his attitude problems, at least the public perception thereof, is overblown. Plenty of players with image problems have gone on to win, go no further than Elway or the Manning brothers.

did you watch any of the bears game yesterday? The broadcasters talked alot about how even the refs are starting to complain that Cutler bitches after every play. After that there was a hilarious play when Cutler was sacked and had his facemask snagged by the defender. Cutler started complaining ON HIS WAY DOWN! and was yelling at the ref before even checking is a flag was thrown.

Cutler is a bitch, everyone just knows it now. Personally I find it hilarious that he is going to be the anti-jordan/peyton. He bitches so much, that it makes people not want to call the penalties that he may even deserve

baja
12-14-2009, 09:52 AM

<b>I also think that having a humbling year like this year will go along way towards turning him around. </b>The biggest difference between Cutler and a guy like Jeff George is that Cutler is ultra competitive, and eventually that desire will overcome his whinyness/pouting/bad habits in the long run.

He isn't a dumb kid, he just needs to get over himself and fully succumb to the team concept, as well as get the coaching any good QB needs in his formative years, and a few players around him.

Cutler will be successful yet. I am really curious to see what coaches are added to the bears' staff this offseason, will be really telling.

If you think that you should watch this;

Jay Cutler hasn't learned a thing except to throw coaches and team mates under the bus is a softer gentler way.

55CrushEm
12-14-2009, 10:20 AM
I am 100% glad that the pick is a high one, no matter whose expense it comes at. I am indifferent towards Cutler as of the end of this season, as his play will no longer affect the broncos directly.

The broncos offense is bottom 5 in the league- it has regressed unfortunately as some of us predicted. Instead of pom pom waving and being pointlessly self congratulatory, I prefer to look ahead and see where improvements can be made. QB is the #1 priority going into the offseason.

Cue pom poms and kicklines

What? We're ranked 17th in yards total yards, 19th in passing yards, 12th in rushing yards and 20th in scoring....hardly great, but bottom 5 ?!?! Why do you just make **** up?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/stats/teamsort/NFL/OFF-TOTAL/2009/regular

Traveler
12-14-2009, 10:23 AM
What? We're ranked 17th in yards total yards, 19th in passing yards, 12th in rushing yards and 20th in scoring....hardly great, but bottom 5 ?!?! Why do you just make **** up?

OUCH! Don't hurt em too bad 55.

BroncoMan4ever
12-14-2009, 10:36 AM

so by your argument here, you are saying Favre went from being the worst QB in the league last year to being the best this year.

that is completely retarded. a good QB doesn't put his team into bad situations by throwing on average 2 picks a game, most of which come in the red zone when his team is about to put points on the board.

your complete argument for Cutler being a QB is based on potential and his athletic ability, but in the NFL if you don't have the mental ability to put that together, you will end up as another Jeff George, or Ryan Leaf.

look at Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Kurt Warner, Rivers, Brees, all the guys seen as the best in the business, do any of them have anywhere near the athletic ability of Cutler?

Cutler is a mediocre QB at this point in his career, he just simply has potential and a ton of athletic ability, but he doesn't have the brain to put it all together.

BroncoMan4ever
12-14-2009, 10:44 AM

sadly for all these Orton haters, put him back in Chicago and that team is probably at least 8-5 and in the middle of the playoff race in the NFC, bring Cutler back to Denver and we are probably battling the Chiefs and Raiders for the bottom spot in the West.

BroncoMan4ever
12-14-2009, 10:50 AM

I also think that having a humbling year like this year will go along way towards turning him around. The biggest difference between Cutler and a guy like Jeff George is that Cutler is ultra competitive, and eventually that desire will overcome his whinyness/pouting/bad habits in the long run.

there is a difference between those players like Elway and the Mannings having the perception of needing to mature when they were young players, but the difference is, as young players they were winning games(outside of Peyton's rookie year), Cutler's attitude and lack of leadership and just plain douchebaggery has never had an upside, because he doesn't win games, he loses them.

with talent like Elway, and the Mannings, you take the good with the bad for a couple years until they grow up, which those guys all did. Cutler in year 4 is a bigger bitch than he was as a rookie.

colonelbeef
12-14-2009, 10:51 AM

The last time I looked at the stats was before the KC game, which skewed the totals upwards obviously. Before that game the broncos were bottom 5 in yards and ppg. I will use the current stats, which still easily prove the point that Orton is not even a mediocre QB.

Last year the Broncos averaged 23.1 ppg and 395.8 ypg, while averaging 28.44 TOP and a -17 turnover differential largely due to the fact that the defense was unable to produce turnovers whatsoever.

In 2009 the very same offense with a far better defense that gives better field position and more possessions is averaging 19.7 ppg (again, after the Chiefs game which inflated the stats) and 336.4 ypg with 30:10 TOP (far superior defense- still not able to sustain drives) and a +4 turnover differential because- gasp- the defense forces turnovers.

The offense has completely fallen off, and the only major change is the QB. In fact, one could argue that with another year under their belts, and a 1sr round talent @ RB this year, the offense should have improved, if Orton was the player you seem to think he is.

Many of you who have been quick to point out the PPG from last year as being unacceptable seem all to able to accept the dropoff this year.

We subbed Orton for Cutler. Rest of the offense for all intents and purposes is the same, save for a huge upgrade at Rb. Less yards, less points, even with better TOP and turnovers thanks to a much improved defense.

There is no argument as to where the blame lies. McDaniels would call a wider variety of plays if his QB had the ability to execute them. He does not, and this is why the Broncos are where they are today. Not bottom 5 statistically after the KC game? Fine, bottom 1/3 in the league will suffice to prove my point.

colonelbeef
12-14-2009, 10:52 AM
sadly for all these Orton haters, put him back in Chicago and that team is probably at least 8-5 and in the middle of the playoff race in the NFC, bring Cutler back to Denver and we are probably battling the Chiefs and Raiders for the bottom spot in the West.

Not with the defense as currently constructed. They don;t even have an average defense, it's just flat out bad.

Plus people need to keep in mind how improved Minn and GB are this year.

cutthemdown
12-14-2009, 10:56 AM
The last time I looked at the stats was before the KC game, which skewed the totals upwards obviously. Before that game the broncos were bottom 5 in yards and ppg. I will use the current stats, which still easily prove the point that Orton is not even a mediocre QB.

Last year the Broncos averaged 23.1 ppg and 395.8 ypg, while averaging 28.44 TOP and a -17 turnover differential largely due to the fact that the defense was unable to produce turnovers whatsoever.

In 2009 the very same offense with a far better defense that gives better field position and more possessions is averaging 19.7 ppg (again, after the Chiefs game which inflated the stats) and 336.4 ypg with 30:10 TOP (far superior defense- still not able to sustain drives) and a +4 turnover differential because- gasp- the defense forces turnovers.

The offense has completely fallen off, and the only major change is the QB. In fact, one could argue that with another year under their belts, and a 1sr round talent @ RB this year, the offense should have improved, if Orton was the player you seem to think he is.

Many of you who have been quick to point out the PPG from last year as being unacceptable seem all to able to accept the dropoff this year.

We subbed Orton for Cutler. Rest of the offense for all intents and purposes is the same, save for a huge upgrade at Rb. Less yards, less points, even with better TOP and turnovers thanks to a much improved defense.

There is no argument as to where the blame lies. McDaniels would call a wider variety of plays if his QB had the ability to execute them. He does not, and this is why the Broncos are where they are today. Not bottom 5 statistically after the KC game? Fine, bottom 1/3 in the league will suffice to prove my point.

The offensive line not playing near as well as last yr. In particular the play of Wiegman and Hamilton/Hochstien combo. Then throw in injuries to Harris and IMO it's easy to say that alone could account for the 5 points a game.

The oline has not played well, in particular on short yrdage. Defender get in backfield almost every time. We squeezed the last yr or so of juice from the Wiegman tree and this yr he's getting manhandled IMO.

rastaman
12-14-2009, 10:58 AM
if this is your argument, then i don 't think too many people disagree with you:

cutler > orton on talent
orton > cutler on leadership, winning

is orton a SB caliber QB? i dunno. probably not. but his skill set matches McD's vision better than cutler's. that's why cutler is gone (along with other reasons) and why the Broncos are 8-5.

but weren't the Broncos 8-5 last year under cutler, you ask?

yes. last years team was smoke and mirrors. they probably overachieved to get to 8-5 and then the wheels fell off as cutler led them to 3 consecutive losses to end the season.

Why isn't this years team the same smoke and mirrors of last years team. Thus far the 09 Broncos have over achieved and had lady luck smile on them several times as well. One could say the wheels fell off down the stretch last year due to 7 RB's suffering season ending injuries and a Defense that just didn't showup and Cutler didn't protect the ball. However, why is this years Broncos have the same exact record as last years team, when the 09 team has a much improved Defense and basically have not had to endure all their RB's having suffered season ending injuries. Will an Orton-McD lose the last 3 games....I don't believe so, however, Oak and Philly could hand an inconsistent Orton led offense two more loses with the only guaranteed victory is with the KC. That would leave McD at 9-7 and out of the WC and only winning one more victory than his predecessor.

now's the time where orton can show that he's got more leadership and more maturity than cutler. the Broncos need 2 of the next 3, maybe even all 3, to lock up a WC spot. i wouldn't trust cutler to get it done. i do trust orton. now, he can show everyone why McD/Bowlen made the right move.

I'm only sold on Orton winning against KC. If Grabawoski is ready to go for the Raiders vs Jamarcus Russell, could give the Broncos all we can handle especially if Orton and the offense aren't getting the job done.

to be honest, i think this Broncos team is underachieving at 8-5. they should be 9-4 or perhaps 10-3 by my reckoning. they are on a 2-5 streak in their last 7 games. let's see if orton is the guy to close out the season the way we need him too.

also, notice that cutler has collapsed in CHI the same as he did in Denver. he got a complete change of scenery and he's still the same old rocket-armed knucklehead.

I'll be the first to admit that Cutlers first year in Chi-town has gotten off to a rocky start and his interceptions have caused the Bears at least four loses and are inexcuseable. But this isn't to say that Cutler can't become a winning QB in Chi-Town/NFL over the 4 years. But I am concerned--Big Time.

I'm sure Orton wouldn't mind had the starting WR's from the Bears followed him to Denver and Denver WR's followed Cutler to the Bears.....but we Broncos fans would have been pissed beyond belief. This year Orton had the better WR's who have pulled out several wins with their performances and Kyle has had the luxury of playing with a Defense that has kept the Broncos is close games to pull out a win in the 4th qtr. Cutler on the other hand has played with an injured Defense and lower end Wr's and both QB and receivers are unfamiliar with each other.

Dagmar
12-14-2009, 10:59 AM
http://tiffanykenyon.typepad.com/blog/images/2007/11/12/interesting.jpg

colonelbeef
12-14-2009, 11:02 AM
The offensive line not playing near as well as last yr. In particular the play of Wiegman and Hamilton/Hochstien combo. Then throw in injuries to Harris and IMO it's easy to say that alone could account for the 5 points a game.

The oline has not played well, in particular on short yrdage. Defender get in backfield almost every time. We squeezed the last yr or so of juice from the Wiegman tree and this yr he's getting manhandled IMO.

Even with Hamilton and Weigmann slowing down, I think you have to point out the fact that Orton does not seem to feel pressure at all, is unable to throw on the move, and never escapes once the pocket begins to collapse. No matter what you say about Cutler, you have to admit that he is adept at escaping the rush, and has that innate feel for when his time is up and needs to move. He is also able to throw when on the move, and excels outside of the pocket. Those skills will help to make an OL more effective both statistically and in reality.

In other words, I don't think the offensive line was necessarily as good as it looked last year, but I also don't think it's nearly as bad as it has looked at times this year. Combo of QB skillsets and offensive schemes and philosophies.

WolfpackGuy
12-14-2009, 11:04 AM
Woo hoo

Good thing the Broncos have that extra first round pick!

LOL

rastaman
12-14-2009, 11:06 AM

Defenders get into the back field b/c they stack the box to stop the run and dare Orton to move the ball against him with arm and accuracy.

Teams have already figured it out that if you stop Denver's Running attack their odds of success with stoping the Broncos offense greatly increases b/c they know Orton can't beat you with his arm.

Beantown Bronco
12-14-2009, 11:08 AM
The offense has completely fallen off, and the only major change is the QB.

There is no argument as to where the blame lies.

So, is it your argument that if an NFL team returns all of their starters from the year before on both sides of the ball and plays the exact same schedule as the year before, then everything will turn out exactly as it did the year before? Individual players never simply get older or have an off year and play worse than the year before? They can only get better given that they have one year under their belt? That seems to be your argument.

If you keep saying these things, maybe even you will believe them. You are missing a TON of variables besides QB. As I've pointed out a hundred times, the schedule has been much more difficult than last year, more injuries on offense, new system, Stokley appears to have not aged so well, etc. This is NOT the same exact offense as last year minus the QB.

rastaman
12-14-2009, 11:08 AM
Woo hoo

Good thing the Broncos have that extra first round pick!

LOL

Here's to hoping McD can address a QB that can be groomed for two years to replace Orton.

rastaman
12-14-2009, 11:11 AM
So, is it your argument that if an NFL team returns all of their starters from the year before on both sides of the ball and plays the exact same schedule as the year before, then everything will turn out exactly as it did the year before? Individual players never simply get older or have an off year and play worse than the year before? They can only get better given that they have one year under their belt? That seems to be your argument.

If you keep saying these things, maybe even you will believe them. You are missing a TON of variables besides QB. As I've pointed out a hundred times, the schedule has been much more difficult than last year, more injuries on offense, new system, Stokley appears to have not aged so well, etc. This is NOT the same exact offense as last year minus the QB.

Well Bean with your logic are you saying next with a less difficult schedule, with Orton having one year under his belt as a starter under McD offense, we should win 3 or 4 more games than we will win this year. And Orton will turn into a much more confident and accurate passer and immensely improve his deep ball and intermediate throws. And the offense shouldn't stall out as it is doing now! Correct?

broncocalijohn
12-14-2009, 11:13 AM
Here's to hoping McD can address a QB that can be groomed for two years to replace Orton.

I bet it wont be happening in the next draft. Unless Orton is just completely off the team next season, he will be the starter for next season. Drafting a QB might happen, but I dont see us getting one that high in the draft. BTW, have you come up with a new list of incoming QBs for the draft that wasnt dated in August :) . That was one horrible thread by you, by the way.

Gort
12-14-2009, 11:23 AM

this is wishful thinking. the entire offense is new. we have a new HC. it's not the old playbook anymore. that's to blame for the drop in O this year more than any other single factor. McD's offense needs different player types than were here under Shanny. some player moves have been made, but more are needed. until McD has his type of player in every position, we won't really be able to compare his O and Shanny's O.

rastaman
12-14-2009, 11:26 AM

Meh! Ask Orton where he would rather be right now....the Bears starting Qb or the temporary starting QB in Denver!!!Hilarious!

Orton knows he'd be on IR had he had to play behind this years Bears Offensive line and the Bears older and injury plagued defense.;)

rastaman
12-14-2009, 11:32 AM
I bet it wont be happening in the next draft. Unless Orton is just completely off the team next season, he will be the starter for next season. Drafting a QB might happen, but I dont see us getting one that high in the draft. BTW, have you come up with a new list of incoming QBs for the draft that wasnt dated in August :) . That was one horrible thread by you, by the way.

Well Li'l John that August pre-draft outlook was just a glimpse of what was out there at that time. I expect Ole' Mel Kiper will tell us who's the best QB out there to replace Orton in two years. So all guys get to enjoy Kyle for another two years while blaming the offense and defense for not playing well enough to make Orton into a winner.

Whopee! 2 more years of Orton....couldn't ask for anything more out of life. Besides---relax! McD is on a 6 year time table to have the Broncos in the SB by 2012 or 2015. We Bronco fans have got nothing but time.

NUB
12-14-2009, 11:34 AM
Channeling the 'Nam years...

Hey hey Baby-Jay how many INTs will you throw today?

Dagmar
12-14-2009, 11:36 AM
http://i49.tinypic.com/6iuujq.jpg

Beantown Bronco
12-14-2009, 11:39 AM
Well Bean with your logic are you saying next with a less difficult schedule, with Orton having one year under his belt as a starter under McD offense, we should win 3 or 4 more games than we will win this year. And Orton will turn into a much more confident and accurate passer and immensely improve his deep ball and intermediate throws. And the offense shouldn't stall out as it is doing now! Correct?

I guess I'll have to once again repeat the "waaaaaay too many variables to make these kind of predictions" statement. It's not sinking in apparently.

Injuries, weather, signing of RFAs, when you play certain teams (if they're hot or cold, etc), what officiating crew you get, etc. These things cannot be anticipated, so I won't even pretend to guess what our record would be next year if Orton were still here. He's just one variable.

55CrushEm
12-14-2009, 11:55 AM

:rofl:

cutthemdown
12-14-2009, 12:04 PM
Even with Hamilton and Weigmann slowing down, I think you have to point out the fact that Orton does not seem to feel pressure at all, is unable to throw on the move, and never escapes once the pocket begins to collapse. No matter what you say about Cutler, you have to admit that he is adept at escaping the rush, and has that innate feel for when his time is up and needs to move. He is also able to throw when on the move, and excels outside of the pocket. Those skills will help to make an OL more effective both statistically and in reality.

In other words, I don't think the offensive line was necessarily as good as it looked last year, but I also don't think it's nearly as bad as it has looked at times this year. Combo of QB skillsets and offensive schemes and philosophies.

What I am saying is if the running game picked up the short yardage broncos would be scoring another td a game. Orton is on pace for what 3500 yrds and 20 tds? It's not his fault even though you are correct he doesn't extend plays like other top line Qbs.

But still the run blocking on short yrdage is the worst I have seen it in denver in quite some time. The Fbs miss blocks, Scheff gets manhandled, Wiegman gets manhandled, and Hamilton/Hochstien has been below avg.

If those things were fixed and we converted those 3-1, 4-1, you can almost say for certain Broncos have at least 30-40 more points. I mean how many of them have we failed on. Many not Rbs fault either, they are hit in the backfield 7 out of 10 times.

Bob's your Information Minister
12-14-2009, 12:29 PM
Enjoy this. But the Bears are closer to the Super Bowl right now than the Broncos are while they waste time with Orton.

Beantown Bronco
12-14-2009, 12:35 PM
Care to explain that one, Bobo?

Hercules Rockefeller
12-14-2009, 12:39 PM
Care to explain that one, Bobo?

Orton.

Boba Fett is also the same moron who said that no matter what the records were this season, KC's future is brighter than Denver's because they have Cassel and Denver has Orton.

Rohirrim
12-14-2009, 12:42 PM
Enjoy this. But the Bears are closer to the Super Bowl right now than the Broncos are while they waste time with Orton.

You're not just an idiot. You are the lord of idiots.

Traveler
12-14-2009, 12:46 PM

Please don't feed the troll.

55CrushEm
12-14-2009, 01:48 PM

Lord of the Idiots.....King of the Butt Secks.

Cito Pelon
12-14-2009, 02:27 PM

I believe that.

rastaman
12-14-2009, 02:54 PM
I guess I'll have to once again repeat the "waaaaaay too many variables to make these kind of predictions" statement. It's not sinking in apparently.

Injuries, weather, signing of RFAs, when you play certain teams (if they're hot or cold, etc), what officiating crew you get, etc. These things cannot be anticipated, so I won't even pretend to guess what our record would be next year if Orton were still here. He's just one variable.

Nice dodge and dance around Fred Astaire. That was the perfect "Ping-Pong" response.

Its not sinking in b/c you are using so called "Variables" as to not make any predictions b/c you want to be RIGHT ALL THE TIME. Everyone knows you're not perfect and you're a legend in your own mind. But come on take some risk with your opinions or predictions....what are you afraid of?

Again Bean Variables, w/o your get out of jail self-induced variables Bull Crap. Next season is it possible to see marked improvement from Orton and the Broncos due to having a less difficult schedule, with Orton having one year under his belt as a starter under McD offense. Shouldn't we win 3 or 4 more games next year than we will win this year? And shouldn't Orton turn into a much more confident and accurate passer and immensely improve his deep ball and intermediate throws. And the offense shouldn't stall out as it is doing now! Correct?

By the way has any of your variables come to fruition thus far this year? If so please share with us how your variables played roles in Bronco victories and loses over the last 14 weeks!

Gotta Watch Dem Variables.....they kinda have a way of dodging you right out of reality. Right Mr. Bean Variables!!!:~ohyah!:

NYC Bronco
12-14-2009, 03:00 PM
won't the broncos have the same second place schedule? on par with this year?

Hercules Rockefeller
12-14-2009, 03:05 PM
won't the broncos have the same second place schedule? on par with this year?

Home
KC
Oak
SD
Houston
Indy
Arizona
StL
AFC E #2

Away
KC
Oak
SD
Tenn
Jax
Seattle
San Fran
AFC N#2

KC has the exact same schedule as Denver (getting the AFC E opponent at home and AFC N opponent on the road). SD and Oak have the same schedule, their home and aways are reversed with Denver and KCs.

That schedule is only correct if the NFL keeps the same pattern that they kept through this season, the NFL only announced the schedules through '09 when they created the current scheduling system a few years ago.

Gort
12-14-2009, 03:11 PM

get a haircut. your mullet is obviously restricting blood flow to your brain.

Ambiguous
12-14-2009, 03:28 PM

You know the original story to that, right?

Please don't make me post it.

JCMElway
12-14-2009, 04:33 PM
We have a great shot at the top wild card slot and it looks like we'll have the #9 pick in the draft. Life is good.

Bronco Bob
12-14-2009, 05:36 PM

What image problems do Elway and the Mannings have?
Specially Peyton. You think they'd have him doing all those
goofy commercials if people didn't like the big lug?
You got some 'splainen to do, Lucy.

Inkana7
12-14-2009, 05:48 PM
Jay Cutler ****ing blows.

Finger Roll
12-14-2009, 06:01 PM
Home
KC
Oak
SD
Houston
Indy
Arizona
StL
AFC E #2

Away
KC
Oak
SD
Tenn
Jax
Seattle
San Fran
AFC N#2

KC has the exact same schedule as Denver (getting the AFC E opponent at home and AFC N opponent on the road). SD and Oak have the same schedule, their home and aways are reversed with Denver and KCs.

That schedule is only correct if the NFL keeps the same pattern that they kept through this season, the NFL only announced the schedules through '09 when they created the current scheduling system a few years ago.

That schedule looks so much easier than this years. The AFC South and NFC West are much worse than the AFC North and NFC East

colonelbeef
12-14-2009, 09:07 PM

Oh, how naive some of you are.

We will start with a link to Peyton screaming at his offensive line/blaming them directly after a playoff loss- something he routinely did until he finally won the big one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPc6Dxq12t4&feature=related

Then I will move on to the sexual assault accusation while he was at UT:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/colts/2003-11-04-manning-suit_x.htm

But now all of that is in the past, and he is a great leader, teammate, etc.

It's all recent perception. A few years of mistakes, a few years of crappy teams, a few years of interceptions and missed playoffs can be quickly swept under the rug. Just ask Peyton Manning.

BroncoInferno
12-14-2009, 10:01 PM

Excuses:
No coaching
No OL
No Urlacher
Defense has regressed

Why don't you address this post, colonelbeef? It pretty much destroys your argument. The Bears are actually worse on offense by 4 points a game with Cutler, even though the personnel on offense is pretty much the same (actually, it was supposedly upgraded with Pace). And the D is only allowing 0.5 more points per game. Yet, Orton was able to win games, and Cutler can't. Spin away.

Popps
12-14-2009, 11:17 PM

Hilarious!

Dude, you have to love these Cutler/Elway comparisons. When people pull that **** out of their ass, you can pretty much just assume they haven't watched but a few games in their lives.

Cutler can't get out of his own way, and we're comparing him to Manning.

Imagine the laughter of any other NFL board in the league if they read that dog-poo.

Archer81
12-15-2009, 12:10 AM
Oh, how naive some of you are.

We will start with a link to Peyton screaming at his offensive line/blaming them directly after a playoff loss- something he routinely did until he finally won the big one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPc6Dxq12t4&feature=related

Then I will move on to the sexual assault accusation while he was at UT:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/colts/2003-11-04-manning-suit_x.htm

But now all of that is in the past, and he is a great leader, teammate, etc.

It's all recent perception. A few years of mistakes, a few years of crappy teams, a few years of interceptions and missed playoffs can be quickly swept under the rug. Just ask Peyton Manning.

I dont think the Frown Cannon had a sexual assault allegation leveled at him when he was at Vandy.

As for the football things, Manning made the playoffs in year two and showed improvement from season to season. Jay has yet to reach the playoffs, and has plateaued. He is not getting better. 4th year vet still making poor decisions and resorting to ****ty mechanics. Thats a problem.

:Broncos:

Williams
12-15-2009, 12:39 AM
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g18/broncoking16/51061088.jpg

Just stumbled upon this gem and thought I'd share. You've gotta be extraordinarily emo to cry to a ref while you're being sacked. Ha!

Popps
12-15-2009, 01:04 AM

Hilarious!

watermock
12-15-2009, 02:12 AM
Maybe he just hangs it up and runs his charity.

Who cares, other than we seem to have wasted the spoils of the trade.

We allready spent our 3 picks on a slow RB, a slow midget CB, and a slow OLB.

ColoradoDarin
12-15-2009, 05:21 AM

Just stumbled upon this gem and thought I'd share. You've gotta be extraordinarily emo to cry to a ref while you're being sacked. Ha!

That is just awesome.

BlaK-Argentina
12-15-2009, 06:04 AM
Maybe he just hangs it up and runs his charity.

Who cares, other than we seem to have wasted the spoils of the trade.

We allready spent our 3 picks on a slow RB, a slow midget CB, and a slow OLB.

Seriously just STFU already. We get it, you hate McD and all things Broncos. Go follow the ****ing Vikings.

Sorry but your attitude is really getting old.

Los Broncos
12-15-2009, 08:20 AM

wow, crying while going down.

Dagmar
12-15-2009, 08:55 AM
Seriously just STFU already. We get it, you hate McD and all things Broncos. Go follow the ****ing Vikings.

It was very old a very long time ago. In the last 12 hours he has used "McDummy" "McIdiot" "McMoron"... his smack isn't that great.

Oh and he said he enjoyed Muslims dying and then somehow I was "sexually immoral"...

Crushaholic
12-15-2009, 09:15 AM

To his credit, the ref actually DID throw the flag for the facemask. I saw that play. The guy grabbed Cutler's facemask just before that moment captured in the still...

Tombstone RJ
12-15-2009, 09:25 AM

"Look, I'm crying! See my tears?!?"

azbroncfan
12-15-2009, 01:26 PM
It's not Jay's fault that they don't have a running game, WR's or a defense. Just ask him.

azbroncfan
12-15-2009, 01:28 PM

And how do you explain that Bobo? Do you think you can consistantly win with a QB that turns the ball over 2 times a game minimum? Once again you show your just a fantasy football fan and have no real football insight outside of looking at stats.

azbroncfan
12-15-2009, 01:30 PM
Cutler can't get out of his own way, and we're comparing him to Manning.

Manning has something like 220 or so Redzone TD's and 22 redzone INT's for his career. That is one of the worst comparison's ever. Only reason people even say it is that Manning threw a bunch of INT's as a rookie on the worst team in the league.

lex
12-15-2009, 01:43 PM
Manning has something like 220 or so Redzone TD's and 22 redzone INT's for his career. That is one of the worst comparison's ever. Only reason people even say it is that Manning threw a bunch of INT's as a rookie on the worst team in the league.

Thats not true. One of the reasons Mora fell out of favor in Indy was because he called out Manning for having a tendency to throw a lot of INTs that were returned for TDs. I think several of those were red zone too.

Beantown Bronco
12-15-2009, 01:47 PM
Thats not true. One of the reasons Mora fell out of favor in Indy was because he called out Manning for having a tendency to throw a lot of INTs that were returned for TDs. I think several of those were red zone too.

Ummm, lex. AZ is correct. They literally showed the stat during our game the other day.

Master___Pain
12-15-2009, 01:48 PM
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m136/Master___Pain/automotivator2.jpg

Credit to Iron Clady and Tombstone RJ

lex
12-15-2009, 01:50 PM
Ummm, lex. AZ is correct. They literally showed the stat during our game the other day.

Im not disputing the stats, knucklehead. Im disputing the "the only reason" part. Mora was with the Colts after Manning's rookie year, no?

Soul-Bronco
12-15-2009, 01:53 PM
Hilarious!http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m136/Master___Pain/automotivator2.jpg

:rofl::thanku:

Rock Chalk
12-15-2009, 02:16 PM

Haha wow you suck at the internetz.

Apparently you didnt bother to watch our game when they pointed out that Manning has one of the best TD to INT ratio's in the red zone in the history of the league.

azbroncofan is right, they even bothered to point it out with stats.

But hey, keep on keeping on. You make me laugh.

Popps
12-15-2009, 02:59 PM

Right, and go back and look at Manning's career by the third season. He was clearly on his way to stardom. He made the Pro Bowl his second season, the playoffs in his third (I believe) .... and got better year after year. He's got a career 95 QB rating.

You've got to be really desperate (or stupid) to compare Cutler to Manning. Right now, Jay is much more comparable to many other QBs....

http://assets.sbnation.com/imported_assets/9791/spo_jeffgeorge.jpg

http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/buzzerbeater/ryan-leaf.jpg

http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/si_online/covers/images/1990/0924_large.jpg

Of course... a lot of those QBs actually won something at some point in their lives.

2KBack
12-15-2009, 04:02 PM
To his credit, the ref actually DID throw the flag for the facemask. I saw that play. The guy grabbed Cutler's facemask just before that moment captured in the still...

No credit to Cutler. The play was still going on, complain if a flag doesn't get thrown. He got up yelling at the ref and didn't even take a moment to notice that a flag was already thrown. This was literally moments after the broadcast was talking about Cutler getting a terrible reputation with the refs for complaining after every play.

steeledude
12-15-2009, 04:02 PM

McD took one of the top offenses in the league and put it down in the bottom. Pretty good for a mcgenius.

Kaylore
12-15-2009, 04:08 PM
McD took one of the top offenses in the league and put it down in the bottom. Pretty good for a mcgenius.

We were 16th in scoring. That's just below average. When you consider the crappy defenses we played last year, had we had this schedule we probably would have finished in the twenties.

We've played much tougher defenses this year. Also, our turnover differential went from worst in the league to ninth best. That more than anything will win you games. We give the ball away less and we take it away more. I would say he's done quite a bit for a rookie head coach who had to blow a team full of turds and rebuild the coaching staff from scratch. We certainly have plenty of room to improve, but at least we are improving.

BroncoDoug
12-15-2009, 04:14 PM
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m136/Master___Pain/automotivator2.jpg

:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy :notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy

/end internet...

Finger Roll
12-15-2009, 04:23 PM

It's getting really funny now. He sounds like an old bitter man

azbroncfan
12-15-2009, 04:40 PM
Im not disputing the stats, knucklehead. Im disputing the "the only reason" part. Mora was with the Colts after Manning's rookie year, no?

Mannings second year he had his team as the number 1 seed in playoffs. There is no comparison in the two. The only time Jay and playoffs are in same sentence is when you talk about how Jay's team's consistently miss the playoffs.

steeledude
12-15-2009, 06:24 PM
We were 16th in scoring. That's just below average. When you consider the crappy defenses we played last year, had we had this schedule we probably would have finished in the twenties.

We've played much tougher defenses this year. Also, our turnover differential went from worst in the league to ninth best. That more than anything will win you games. We give the ball away less and we take it away more. I would say he's done quite a bit for a rookie head coach who had to blow a team full of turds and rebuild the coaching staff from scratch. We certainly have plenty of room to improve, but at least we are improving.

I mean it's all excuses. We were around 16th last year, but we had way more yards. Now we have less yards and about the same in scoring (if not worse), which means we have MORE problems to fix.

Say what you want about Cutler's implosion, but Denver's offense was far better with him.

As for our supposed Defensive turn around...well, that's pretty amazing actually. I don't credit McD for that at all though. Nolan is a proven defensive guru.

SJ Bronco
12-15-2009, 06:43 PM
Right, and go back and look at Manning's career by the third season. He was clearly on his way to stardom. He made the Pro Bowl his second season, the playoffs in his third (I believe) .... and got better year after year. He's got a career 95 QB rating.

You've got to be really desperate (or stupid) to compare Cutler to Manning. Right now, Jay is much more comparable to many other QBs....

http://assets.sbnation.com/imported_assets/9791/spo_jeffgeorge.jpg

http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/buzzerbeater/ryan-leaf.jpg

http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/si_online/covers/images/1990/0924_large.jpg

Of course... a lot of those QBs actually won something at some point in their lives.

Comparing Jay Cutler to Rick Mirer Is just plain low pops!ROFL!

Circle Orange
12-15-2009, 06:54 PM
http://tiffanykenyon.typepad.com/blog/images/2007/11/12/interesting.jpg

Yes, I DO think we can string this out to fifty pages...ROFL!

Meanwhile

Cutler = Jamarcus
Jamarcus = Ryan Leaf
Ryan Leaf = Jeff George
Jeff George= Cutler
Cutler < Favre
Favre < Elway
Manning = Manning
Elway > Peyton

Any way you slice it, facts won't change. Gotta love Mel Kiper, he was on the local radio this evening talking about the Heisman trophy. As usual, he found a way to shoehorn John into the conversation.

And oh, Manning Senior says Elway's the best he's ever seen. So there. ^5

Circle Orange
12-15-2009, 07:04 PM
I refuse to worship ugly quarterbacks. A guy can stink, but he'd better be good looking or I won't bother. Interceptions come and go, but ugly is forever. http://scosoft.com/s/n/4138da7f.gif

sixtimeseight
12-16-2009, 10:57 AM
It's getting really funny now. He sounds like an old bitter man

That's because he is a bitter old man.