PDA

View Full Version : have broncos ever been this healthy?

tsiguy96
12-12-2009, 01:02 PM
1 guy on IR, 1 guy questionable. thats it.

TheDave
12-12-2009, 01:03 PM
97... tory james on IR that was it.

Kid A
12-12-2009, 01:38 PM
I have a bad feeling about this thread.

Everybody start knocking...

http://www.wallpaperandborders.co.uk/wallpaper-shop/images/wood%20wallpaper.jpg

bowtown
12-12-2009, 01:41 PM
I have a bad feeling about this thread.

Everybody start knocking...

http://www.wallpaperandborders.co.uk/wallpaper-shop/images/wood%20wallpaper.jpg

No ****. What the hell were you thinking tsi? Can we get this to the butt before something disasterous happens.

tsiguy96
12-12-2009, 01:51 PM
yes, because my post on a bronco message board has any effect on real life. i guess every article ever written about broncos being healthy for week 14 is bad too :(

Pony Boy
12-12-2009, 01:54 PM
1 guy on ir, 1 guy questionable. Thats it.

TheDave
12-12-2009, 01:57 PM
Hey, at least he didn't post an 'I'm going to go ahead and call it" thread...

Jens1893
12-12-2009, 01:57 PM
dont think we had many, if any, injuries worth noting in 2005, either

broncosteven
12-12-2009, 02:00 PM
The SB run years the team was healthy and we had quality backups who had career years. When Elway went down Bubby played the games of his life, whereas this year Orton goes down and Simms sucked ass.

There have been much better years health and Depth wise.

NFLBRONCO
12-12-2009, 02:39 PM
Healthiest against the Colts anyway. I hope this thread doesn't wake up si like curse and we start dropping like flies.

HEAV
12-12-2009, 03:11 PM
I knocked on wood.

But you have to credit what coach started in camp. "We practice how we play."

Pads, hitting, and full speed set the tone and prepared the bodies for the season.

ZONA
12-12-2009, 03:20 PM
I knocked on wood.

Pads, hitting, and full speed set the tone and prepared the bodies for the season.

While there may be a little truth to how you practice, mostly it comes down to luck.

baja
12-12-2009, 03:23 PM
I knocked on wood.

And so many said, "Oh watch the injuries come now. McD's ego will get a lot of guys injured.

How many guys from Shanny's soft TC last season end up on IR? The year before that?

I honestly think the emphases on stretching plays a big part in many common injuries.

SoDak Bronco
12-12-2009, 03:24 PM
Why would you make a thread like this? Wow, idiot

Dedhed
12-12-2009, 04:36 PM
"Hey, three more outs and you've got a no hitter!"

Bronco Yoda
12-12-2009, 04:43 PM
I hate it when we play in domes. That surface sucks.

Popps
12-12-2009, 04:56 PM
"Hey, three more outs and you've got a no hitter!"

Hilarious!

tsiguy96
12-12-2009, 04:58 PM
Why would you make a thread like this? Wow, idiot

because me posting a ****ing message on a message board has absolutely ZERO effect on whether a player a thousand miles awway gets injured. thanks though.

Bronx33
12-12-2009, 05:00 PM
It's ok folks, i have sacrificed a live chicken to undo what this thread has done.

Garcia Bronco
12-12-2009, 05:24 PM
WTF do you have to bring though? :)

strafen
12-12-2009, 05:29 PM
Knocking on wood here...

SoDak Bronco
12-12-2009, 06:10 PM
because me posting a ****ing message on a message board has absolutely ZERO effect on whether a player a thousand miles awway gets injured. thanks though.

either way this is bad karma, ask the Madden Curse..

Kid A
12-12-2009, 06:28 PM

Ha, I almost feel bad about posting the knock on wood thing because I'm in the same boat as you. Karma/jinxes/curses are all bs as far as I'm concerned. I'm just not going to get my hope up for an injury free season too soon; it's been good so far, but it only takes a couple to derail things.

broncosteven
12-12-2009, 07:12 PM
It's ok folks, i have sacrificed a live chicken to undo what this thread has done.

I am guessing that Boob is choking a chicken tonight to his autographed Steve Bono picture.

gunns
12-12-2009, 07:25 PM
I don't know, I've come to believe in this bad karma thing. I mean for those 4 weeks that we lost games, my granddaughter didn't have on her Bronco jersey when game time came and I didn't shave my legs the day before the game, I did it on game day. My granddaughter now wears her jersey to bed and I'm back to the day before. Result? Wins. Yes Tsi, I'm directly responsible for the Broncos getting back on track! And then you start this thread...damn you. Maybe Bronx sacrifice of a live chicken will reverse this bad mojo. We can only hope. Excuse me, I need to go make sure my Bronco troll is facing southwest.

baja
12-12-2009, 07:27 PM
I don't know, I've come to believe in this bad karma thing. I mean for those 4 weeks that we lost games, my granddaughter didn't have on her Bronco jersey when game time came and I didn't shave my legs the day before the game, I did it on game day. My granddaughter now wears her jersey to bed and I'm back to the day before. Result? Wins. Yes Tsi, I'm directly responsible for the Broncos getting back on track! And then you start this thread...damn you. Maybe Bronx sacrifice of a live chicken will reverse this bad mojo. We can only hope. Excuse me, I need to go make sure my Bronco troll is facing southwest.

Well all I can say is those female Chiefs fans must have some hairy ass legs. ;D

baja
12-12-2009, 07:29 PM
I don't know, I've come to believe in this bad karma thing. I mean for those 4 weeks that we lost games, my granddaughter didn't have on her Bronco jersey when game time came and I didn't shave my legs the day before the game, I did it on game day. My granddaughter now wears her jersey to bed and I'm back to the day before. Result? Wins. Yes Tsi, I'm directly responsible for the Broncos getting back on track! And then you start this thread...damn you. Maybe Bronx sacrifice of a live chicken will reverse this bad mojo. We can only hope. <b> Excuse me, I need to go make sure my Bronco troll is facing southwest.

Wow I didn't know you had Bob living with you///

mhgaffney
12-12-2009, 07:54 PM
Karma is a self inflicted wound.

One must rise above...

HEAV
12-12-2009, 07:59 PM
Safety/special teams standout David Bruton did not travel with team and will be inactive because of a thigh injury.

TheDave
12-12-2009, 08:06 PM
Safety/special teams standout David Bruton did not travel with team and will be inactive because of a thigh injury.

Thanks Tsi... a-hole. 8')

broncocalijohn
12-12-2009, 08:11 PM
I guess we can now give credit to the Greek since he was to blame for all the injuries last year?

tsiguy96
12-12-2009, 08:16 PM
greek (as far as i know) is an athletic trainer. im not sure if hes an MD, regardless. he is not responsible for CAUSING the injuries in any way shape or form. hes responsible for getting the people back to health quickly and efficiently and with little chance of harm returning. i think hes pretty good at that. but when you run club shanahan in offseason, nothing greek does will bring you back.

JCMElway
12-12-2009, 08:59 PM
I hate it when we play in domes. That surface sucks.

The stadium is new and it's got fieldturf like all the inside stadiums do now. As far as I can tell, fieldturf is just as good as playing on grass.

brncs_fan
12-12-2009, 09:18 PM
Good news. I just finished sacrificing 16 virgins. We're good.

strafen
12-13-2009, 11:15 PM
1 guy on IR, 1 guy questionable. thats it.

Boy, if you didn't lay the kiss of death on our team for this game, I don't what would have.

After this game:

Buckhalter left the stadium on crutches. .

Hill leg/ankle injury.

Darcel McBath an apparent arm/shoulder injury in the 4th quarter and did not return. He may have broken his arm and will be done for the season.

Spencer Larsen a back injury

go_broncos
12-13-2009, 11:17 PM
Dont start these f...king threads..

broncocalijohn
12-13-2009, 11:28 PM
TSIGUY= backlash. Why on earth would you not wait until after the season for this thread?

SoDak Bronco
12-14-2009, 04:52 AM
bc he is an attention whore and a fuggin moron

Broncos_OTM
12-14-2009, 08:44 AM
Sweet i know just who to blame if we tank this season! TSI you fuggin dumbass.

broncosteven
12-14-2009, 10:07 AM
I was hoping for some new EPIC FAIL pics...

Kaylore
12-14-2009, 10:09 AM
Epic Jinx!

http://sarcasm-hime.net/animenext-jinx1.jpg

_Oro_
01-02-2010, 03:15 PM
And now Eddie Royal is out.:bash:

Broncoman13
01-02-2010, 03:29 PM
This really is all tsiguy's fault. This thread is exactly the reason you don't talk about being injury free, win streaks, or consecutive free throws made... as soon as you bring it up, the ugliness shows it's face.

Los Broncos
01-02-2010, 03:31 PM
Yeah TSI guy you really blew it, you really did.

uplink
01-02-2010, 04:08 PM

unless the player and the message are quantum entangled

broncosteven
01-02-2010, 04:58 PM
Was TSI the guy who started the "We have had no healthy scratches this year" thread?

Broncoman13
01-02-2010, 05:57 PM
yup

BowlenBall
01-02-2010, 09:32 PM
Seriously everyone, remember this lesson next year --- don't post any "wow, we sure are injury-free, aren't we?" threads. EVER!

tsiguy96
01-02-2010, 09:48 PM
yes because karma is real and posts on a message board affect the guys who are actually playing the game. good idea.

strafen
01-02-2010, 09:51 PM
yes because karma is real and posts on a message board affect the guys who are actually playing the game. good idea.

But what a coincidence it was that the same week you brilliantly decided to point this out, a bunch of our players went down, and it that wasn't enough, we haven't been any healthier since.
Please, whatever you do, just keep quiet! :giggle:

tsiguy96
01-02-2010, 09:54 PM
But what a coincidence it was that the same week you brilliantly decided to point this out, a bunch of our players went down, and it that wasn't enough, we haven't been any healthier since.
Please, whatever you do, just keep quiet! :giggle:

how does that change the fact that this is easily the healthiest season this team has had for a LONG time? not many key players have missed any significant time, a few missed a week or two, not much beyond that.

ScottXray
01-02-2010, 11:55 PM
We better wear the mustard and yellow throwbacks tomorrow...that was the last game we looked good as a team.

baja
01-02-2010, 11:57 PM
We better wear the mustard and yellow throwbacks tomorrow...that was the last game we looked good as a team.

I love those unis.

watermock
01-03-2010, 12:06 AM
http://sarcasm-hime.net/animenext-jinx1.jpg

I'd try to do that.

I may get gored,what the hell, nothing ventured nothing gained.

Once she is tamed, here is at least a 50/50 chance she hangs for 6 months.

watermock
01-03-2010, 12:09 AM
I agree, we have to wear throwbacks or all blue.

Beantown Bronco
01-03-2010, 08:20 AM
how does that change the fact that this is easily the healthiest season this team has had for a LONG time? not many key players have missed any significant time, a few missed a week or two, not much beyond that.

Orton has suffered through two key injuries, one of which cost him valuable time and has hampered him since, the other he fought through, but wasn't anywhere close to 100%.

Losing Harris was huge.

Buckhalter....huge.

Kuper is obviously dealing with something.

Marshall and Royal.

Dawkins was hurt earlier in the season and had to play with a cast.

Outside of the RB position last year, we were VERY healthy on offense and, aside from Champ, the defense didn't lose any playmakers for any extended periods of time.

tsiguy96
01-03-2010, 08:33 AM
Orton has suffered through two key injuries, one of which cost him valuable time and has hampered him since, the other he fought through, but wasn't anywhere close to 100%.

Losing Harris was huge.

Buckhalter....huge.

Marshall and Royal.

Outside of the RB position last year, we were VERY healthy on offense and, aside from Champ, the defense didn't lose any playmakers for any extended periods of time.

dj was out most of the year too.

we didnt LOST buck, harris, marshall and royal for any significant time. every team i the NFL loses their key guys for a few games here and there. orton was gone for 6 quarters, and while it probably cost us a win, thtas nothing.

so yea, this team is VERY healthy now.

_Oro_
01-03-2010, 08:50 AM

Losing Harris was huge.

Buckhalter....huge.

Marshall and Royal.

Of course they didn't have any to start with either. zing

Beantown Bronco
01-03-2010, 10:43 AM
dj was out most of the year too.

we didnt LOST buck, harris, marshall and royal for any significant time. every team i the NFL loses their key guys for a few games here and there. orton was gone for 6 quarters, and while it probably cost us a win, thtas nothing.

so yea, this team is VERY healthy now.

1. I said playmakers.

2. Are you serious? Since when is half the season (Harris) not significant time? Buck has missed the equivalent of about 5 or 6 games.

And I'm talking significant injuries, not necessarily games lost. These guys (Orton in particular) have been playing with VERY significant injuries.