PDA

View Full Version : Name your three favorite posters that don't post anymore.

baja
12-11-2009, 05:25 PM
Mine are Slap, Tredici and Amesj but there are many more.

This is not a slam on the site but just a way to remember favorite posters that have moved on for whatever reason.

AlphaOmega
12-11-2009, 05:28 PM
PEZMAN, BMF, -Slap-

baja
12-11-2009, 05:29 PM
I don't remember BMF

Pez is the man and I miss him

Los Broncos
12-11-2009, 05:33 PM
Slap, PEZ and BMF.

OBF1
12-11-2009, 05:34 PM
Slappy, Clockwork Orange and BMF

TheDave
12-11-2009, 05:36 PM
I know a couple of people I'd be willing to vote for if they would stop posting...

Hogan11
12-11-2009, 05:36 PM
Slap, Evenrude & (going wayyyy back) Paulie Emm

scttgrd
12-11-2009, 05:37 PM
Baja? If only.

Los Broncos
12-11-2009, 05:38 PM
Anyone remember BroncofanCam? Where was he from?

AlphaOmega
12-11-2009, 05:42 PM
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c334/bmfbuffalo/Jeff2.jpg

this Guy is BMF Bronco

http://www.geocities.com/smalltowngrll/Game2.jpg

Meck77
12-11-2009, 05:57 PM
Anyone remember BroncofanCam? Where was he from?

I remember him. He died didn't he?

Hogan11
12-11-2009, 05:59 PM
I remember him. He died didn't he?

Yes, he did.

oubronco
12-11-2009, 06:12 PM
Slap and BMuthafuggaF

RhymesayersDU
12-11-2009, 06:17 PM
You can find some of these fine people at: http://wc3.worldcrossing.com/webx?14@@.1de1423d

TheDave
12-11-2009, 06:24 PM
You can find some of these fine people at: http://wc3.worldcrossing.com/webx?14@@.1de1423d

So much for the 1st rule of Bronco club being that you don't talk about Bronco Club...

Lev Vyvanse
12-11-2009, 06:27 PM

Doesn't work.

RhymesayersDU
12-11-2009, 06:32 PM
Well it doesn't matter, it's a private deal and registration is closed. I just know that they guard that link pretty fiercely.

oubronco
12-11-2009, 06:33 PM

does BMF hang in that crib

DomCasual
12-11-2009, 06:35 PM

Still acting like a spurned lover, I see.

And here, I had hoped that the last time, you posted it because you were drunk, or something.

Well, if it means anything to you, the people over there refer to you with unprecedented unpleasantries. There are some great people there, too. So, you are pretty much reviled by a group of great people. There's a lesson there, right?

Lev Vyvanse
12-11-2009, 06:38 PM
Does -slap- post there?

McDman
12-11-2009, 07:18 PM

And here, I had hoped that the last time, you posted it because you were drunk, or something.

Well, if it means anything to you, the people over there refer to you with unprecedented unpleasantries. There are some great people there, too. So, you are pretty much reviled by a group of great people. There's a lesson there, right?

So is that website some exclusive Broncos fan club only the elite are allowed in?

broncogary
12-11-2009, 07:20 PM
What about BombsOverBaghdad? He was a fun poster.

gunns
12-11-2009, 07:27 PM
I know a couple of people I'd be willing to vote for if they would stop posting...

Isn't that the truth.

Mine are Slap, Tredici, Atlas, Bendog, Pez. I didn't know Amesj had left.

Edit: Ok, so it said 3. Sue me for missing more than 3

Arkie
12-11-2009, 07:32 PM
Slap
Clockwork
Pez
Tred

Rock Chalk
12-11-2009, 07:36 PM
Its hard because some of the people that dont post here I still talk to so I dont really miss them.

But Id say the original Iowa Bronco Fan and wabbit are the only two I really miss.

For those that didnt know the original Iowa Bronco Fan, you missed a hell of a guy. Best poster this site ever saw IMO. Fantastic football takes, never got into pissing matches with people, and just a generally cool fellow.

Dr. Broncenstein
12-11-2009, 07:38 PM
mile high shack

smalltowngrll
12-11-2009, 07:39 PM
I can't remember his exact screen name and I looked it up and didn't find it either. But, it was something like Tigger or Tiger and he was stationed over in Iraq. Anyone else remember him and what his screenname was?

Then again, I haven't been posting much and who knows, maybe he's still posting. Just haven't seen any lately.

I miss wabbit and also mediator. I thoroughly loved reading everything they both post. (I think mediator still posts some, though)

baja
12-11-2009, 07:40 PM
Its hard because some of the people that dont post here I still talk to so I dont really miss them.

But Id say the original Iowa Bronco Fan and wabbit are the only two I really miss.

For those that didnt know the original Iowa Bronco Fan, you missed a hell of a guy. Best poster this site ever saw IMO. Fantastic football takes, never got into pissing matches with people, and just a generally cool fellow.

I thought about Iowa but I was gone for about 2 years which was the time he was mainly posting.

broncogary
12-11-2009, 07:40 PM

Wasn't Iowa Bronco Fan the college professor?

baja
12-11-2009, 07:42 PM
I can't remember his exact screen name and I looked it up and didn't find it either. But, it was something like Tigger or Tiger and he was stationed over in Iraq. Anyone else remember him and what his screenname was?

Then again, I haven't been posting much and who knows, maybe he's still posting. Just haven't seen any lately.

I miss wabbit and also mediator. I thoroughly loved reading everything they both post. (I think mediator still posts some, though)

You mean quietiger great guy, we email some.

smalltowngrll
12-11-2009, 07:43 PM

YES! Thanks! Tell him I said hello next time you email him. I miss his posts.

baja
12-11-2009, 07:45 PM
YES! Thanks! Tell him I said hello next time you email him. I miss his posts.

He is on his way the Afghanistan and sure I'll say howdy from ya.

gunns
12-11-2009, 07:48 PM

I know who you are talking about, I can't remember his exact name either. Yeah, I liked him too. He was around up until about a year ago. Wabbit hasn't been on here consistently for quite awhile, but I do enjoy when he pops in. Same with Mediator.

Rock Chalk
12-11-2009, 07:51 PM
quiettiger.

Odd fellow but very cool.

watermock
12-11-2009, 08:01 PM
Quiettiger.Old dude asked me to go to KFFL, Mediator is too busy swording hotties I think....

2KBack
12-11-2009, 08:02 PM
quiettiger.

Always kinda liked that guy. One of the first guys to actually acknowledge one of my posts.

I was a fan of Tredeci

Not so much a fan of -Slap-

Jason in LA
12-11-2009, 08:14 PM
Mine are Slap, Tredici and Amesj but there are many more.

This is not a slam on the site but just a way to remember favorite posters that have moved on for whatever reason.

Well two of them I have no problem seeing them gone. ;D

Smiling Assassin27
12-11-2009, 08:15 PM
I can't believe no one mentioned Steve Tensi... :)

Rohirrim
12-11-2009, 08:17 PM
Tredici, Slap and Wabbit

TheDave
12-11-2009, 08:20 PM

That was easily the most messed up thing that ever happened here... IMO

Arkie
12-11-2009, 08:22 PM
quiettiger.

he's out there somewhere, prolly tora bora

Broncoman13
12-11-2009, 08:44 PM

People come and people go.

I miss Oskie, Broncoman13, and that's about it.

Broncoman13
12-11-2009, 08:46 PM

Yup, we talked lot about the Gov world... Kind of miss him, but he doesn't make my list. ;D

Bronx33
12-11-2009, 09:28 PM

LOL i think hes still in anger managment.

Durango
12-11-2009, 09:47 PM
Slap, Mediator and Wabbit are the main reason I started lurking here when lurking was allowed. I finally registered when log-in was required, but there was some good sh** from those people.

Popps
12-11-2009, 10:10 PM
XZN
BMF
Wabbit
Orange4life (posts but not much)
Nuggets4
Montrose
Pez
Iowa (Didn't he make an appearance a couple of weeks ago?)
Ben

Lots of others I'm forgetting.

Dagmar
12-11-2009, 10:16 PM
I miss Dagmar.

Mogulseeker
12-11-2009, 10:21 PM
Hate to sound like a broken record, but Pezman (whom I still talk to on facebook) and especially Slap, I miss.

Mogulseeker
12-11-2009, 10:22 PM
Come to think of it, I haven't seen TombstoneRJ in a while - did he change his handle?

baja
12-11-2009, 10:41 PM
Yesterday I made a thread about poster of the year and it never got moved yet this one gets moved to the butt. I guess TJ is sensitive about people moving on. Chicken shiit really

baja
12-11-2009, 10:42 PM
Maybe I should move on and see if anybody misses me.

Dagmar
12-11-2009, 10:59 PM
WE like orange faces!

Blueflame
12-11-2009, 11:14 PM
Yesterday I made a thread about poster of the year and it never got moved yet this one gets moved to the butt. I guess TJ is sensitive about people moving on. Chicken shiit really

It's not in the Butt, Baja... it's on the "Community" forum... and in all candor it does belong here because it's "OM Community" related; not football related.

Kaylore
12-11-2009, 11:34 PM
Montrose was a great poster that was driven off by theReverand constantly harassing him. I didn't even know it was happening until he decided to stop posting. I took a break too. Slap was awesome and his own worst enemy all at the same time. Wabbit left b/c of Chief trolls, and Billy Clyde Pucket left b/c of Lex. Quiettiger was cool. Tredicin and Mntbrncfn were some of the best girl posters around. Anthony Pacino always had good takes.

Yeah, we've lost some really good ones.

By the way, to those at that link that say that Tred and Slap are over there. Does anyone know a way to contact them? I'd love to go over and say hi. If anyone has access and could at least let them know, that'd be great.

baja
12-11-2009, 11:44 PM
It's not in the Butt, Baja... it's on the "Community" forum... and in all candor it does belong here because it's "OM Community" related; not football related.

Have you seen the content of the main board lately, you should be thankful for a thread that reaches three pages in 3 hours.

TheDave
12-11-2009, 11:44 PM
People come and people go.

I miss Oskie, Broncoman13, and that's about it.

I was so glad when those douche bags left... ;D

RhymesayersDU
12-12-2009, 12:56 AM

Yes; the lesson is, don't disagree with people in power.

Those "great" people are awesome until you disagree with them. The minute that happens, the personal attacks come out, etc. Look, I said something pretty ****ty to Slap and they banned me. I deserved it. Any time I've been banned from any forum, it has been deserved. I'm not going to spin it or anything. I did the crime and I'm doing the time.

But the bottom line is, for how great they are, the minute you're on the other side of an issue, watch out. I retaliated in an argument and crossed a line I shouldn't have. That's nobody's fault but my own. But to paint a picture that they're all angels over there is beyond naive.

So yes, any time I can, I post the link they guard so closely. I know they hate it because over there, you're not even allowed to post a link of this board. That's because if somebody clicks it from that board, the click can be traced back to them. And they guard it very closely. Even though registration is closed, I let people know of their whereabouts.

Lev Vyvanse
12-12-2009, 07:48 AM
Yes; the lesson is, don't disagree with people in power.

Those "great" people are awesome until you disagree with them. The minute that happens, the personal attacks come out, etc. Look, I said something pretty ****ty to Slap and they banned me. I deserved it. Any time I've been banned from any forum, it has been deserved. I'm not going to spin it or anything. I did the crime and I'm doing the time.

But the bottom line is, for how great they are, the minute you're on the other side of an issue, watch out. I retaliated in an argument and crossed a line I shouldn't have. That's nobody's fault but my own. But to paint a picture that they're all angels over there is beyond naive.

So yes, any time I can, I post the link they guard so closely. I know they hate it because over there, you're not even allowed to post a link of this board. That's because if somebody clicks it from that board, the click can be traced back to them. And they guard it very closely. Even though registration is closed, I let people know of their whereabouts.

Well that just sounds bizarre. Who created that forum?

Chris
12-12-2009, 08:35 AM
Montrose
BMF

I'm happy that Kaylore and Meck still post occasionally.

Whoever used to do the package of the week's articles.

I think it is extremely sad that many of the best posters feel like they have to act like the illuminati and seclude themselves. Look I don't live in Denver so I can only go to one game a year tops. I work 80 hours a week most of the year and I'm just never going to be a massive contributor. Still I loved reading a lot of these guys stuff over the past seven or so years. What's happened completely sucks for people like me. I just want to read the best stuff and occasionally post some thoughtful takes. At OM a lot of the time I wonder where the adults are.

TheReverend
12-13-2009, 11:10 AM
Montrose was a great poster that was driven off by theReverand constantly harassing him. I didn't even know it was happening until he decided to stop posting. I took a break too. Slap was awesome and his own worst enemy all at the same time. Wabbit left b/c of Chief trolls, and Billy Clyde Pucket left b/c of Lex. Quiettiger was cool. Tredicin and Mntbrncfn were some of the best girl posters around. Anthony Pacino always had good takes.

By the way, to those at that link that say that Tred and Slap are over there. Does anyone know a way to contact them? I'd love to go over and say hi. If anyone has access and could at least let them know, that'd be great.

Hahahahahahaha

WHAT?

OMFG that's hilarious... find ANY posts of me "harrassing" him. Oh you just made my week. So it's somehow my fault and not that he was taking the place so seriously that he was discussing it with a therapist regularly?

Florida_Bronco
12-13-2009, 09:55 PM

+1

I really miss talking to Slap.

bronco610
12-14-2009, 11:32 AM
montrose was a great poster that was driven off by thereverand constantly harassing him. I didn't even know it was happening until he decided to stop posting. I took a break too. Slap was awesome and his own worst enemy all at the same time. Wabbit left b/c of chief trolls, and billy clyde pucket left b/c of lex. Quiettiger was cool. Tredicin and mntbrncfn were some of the best girl posters around. Anthony pacino always had good takes.

By the way, to those at that link that say that tred and slap are over there. Does anyone know a way to contact them? I'd love to go over and say hi. If anyone has access and could at least let them know, that'd be great.

+2

Kaylore
12-14-2009, 02:21 PM
Hahahahahahaha

WHAT?

OMFG that's hilarious... find ANY posts of me "harrassing" him. Oh you just made my week. So it's somehow my fault and not that he was taking the place so seriously that he was discussing it with a therapist regularly?

No, this was all Montrose's choice. No one "made" him do anything. However he did say that your repeated antagonizing of him was a contributing factor. I'm just telling you what he said. He also was pissed at the way he was doing reports and people were ripping on him for his, let's call them "very optimistic" reviews of Orton. I definitely learned my lesson on that a few years ago. He also said you were talking a lot of **** about some of his friends, including me, behind our back, which I suspect is partly true and partly him being upset. All these things affected him more than they probably should have and that's why he took time off. I don't blame him.

TheReverend
12-14-2009, 02:46 PM
No, this was all Montrose's choice. No one "made" him do anything. However he did say that your repeated antagonizing of him was a contributing factor. I'm just telling you what he said. He also was pissed at the way he was doing reports and people were ripping on him for his, let's call them "very optimistic" reviews of Orton. I definitely learned my lesson on that a few years ago. He also said you were talking a lot of **** about some of his friends, including me, behind our back, which I suspect is partly true and partly him being upset. All these things affected him more than they probably should have and that's why he took time off. I don't blame him.

This is ridiculous on every level. The closest "antagonizing" that was ever done was playfully calling Orton Brady after his 3 pick pre-season games and such, and I obviously was far from the only one.

For more obsurdity, just out of curiousity, where would I be "talking ****" about you behind your back? Do I call Montrose? E-mail him? Maybe it's at the off-sites which you also are a member?

TheReverend
12-14-2009, 02:49 PM
And Kaylore, I don't particularly give a **** if you believe me or not, but if I were going to knock you, I'd do it here to your e-face like I always have. But tell Montrose to go **** off for being a little lying, emo pussy.

theAPAOps5
12-14-2009, 03:09 PM
Not getting involved in this between Rev and Kaylore but I must say that taking a step back and getting away from the boards ended up being really good for Montrose. I won't say anything else as its his life but when I talked to him last things were going really well for him.

So regardless of who or what contributed to him leaving its seemed to be for the better for him.

missingnumber7
12-14-2009, 04:18 PM
Oskie, slap, and BMF if I have to name three. But really it don't matter who comes and goes, the community has the homers, the haters, the 'die hards', and the wish they were's. In the end everyone comes here for specific reasons and people leave for certain reasons. I find it funny how worked up people get over words on a screen.

Kaylore
12-14-2009, 05:42 PM
This is ridiculous on every level. The closest "antagonizing" that was ever done was playfully calling Orton Brady after his 3 pick pre-season games and such, and I obviously was far from the only one.

For more obsurdity, just out of curiousity, where would I be "talking ****" about you behind your back? Do I call Montrose? E-mail him? Maybe it's at the off-sites which you also are a member?
And Kaylore, I don't particularly give a **** if you believe me or not, but if I were going to knock you, I'd do it here to your e-face like I always have. But tell Montrose to go **** off for being a little lying, emo p***Y.

He said it was in private messages. I'll be honest I was bit disappointed b/c I never thought we had issues but I figured it could be true as there is a small group of people on this site who don't care for me and I'm used to it. I'm actually glad to hear this from you straight up, and I admit if you were ever going to say anything one way or the other you would put it here in the open.

I didn't really care beyond some disappointment as I've never had any personal issues with you (at least I didn't feel so on my end) and didn't take you for someone who would hide behind a PM box to b****. But then this is the interweb and not all is as it appears. And I admit I don't ever recall reading you "E-bully" him in any posts other than the normal disagreements you have had with anyone.

For my part I told him as much. And felt maybe he was being oversensitive to the situation. I don't expect everyone to like me, but I think respecting everyone can be a realistic goal.

Regardless, if a message board is affecting someone as badly as it was affecting Montrose than I think he did the right thing by walking away. And thank for clearing things up. :)

TheReverend
12-14-2009, 06:03 PM
He said it was in private messages. I'll be honest I was bit disappointed b/c I never thought we had issues but I figured it could be true as there is a small group of people on this site who don't care for me and I'm used to it. I'm actually glad to hear this from you straight up, and I admit if you were ever going to say anything one way or the other you would put it here in the open.

I didn't really care beyond some disappointment as I've never had any personal issues with you (at least I didn't feel so on my end) and didn't take you for someone who would hide behind a PM box to b****. But then this is the interweb and not all is as it appears. And I admit I don't ever recall reading you "E-bully" him in any posts other than the normal disagreements you have had with anyone.

For my part I told him as much. And felt maybe he was being oversensitive to the situation. I don't expect everyone to like me, but I think respecting everyone can be a realistic goal.

Regardless, if a message board is affecting someone as badly as it was affecting Montrose than I think he did the right thing by walking away. And thank for clearing things up. :)

All things completely agreed on. The only things I've referred to you as this past off-season were optimistic, but I also said that in the open and in PM conversation with you during your hiatus. The only PM exchange I can recall even having with him was me explaining that I acknowledge he's a nice guy, but the type of things like claiming he's friends with Wesley Woodyard, to it turning out he's FACEBOOK friends with Wesley and many other similar instances make me not like someone.

However, now I want him to come back so I CAN harrass him.

Kaylore
12-14-2009, 07:21 PM
All things completely agreed on. The only things I've referred to you as this past off-season were optimistic, but I also said that in the open and in PM conversation with you during your hiatus. The only PM exchange I can recall even having with him was me explaining that I acknowledge he's a nice guy, but the type of things like claiming he's friends with Wesley Woodyard, to it turning out he's FACEBOOK friends with Wesley and many other similar instances make me not like someone.

However, now I want him to come back so I CAN harrass him.

Well he's done. And while he'll be missed, he seems to be better for it.

Chris
12-14-2009, 07:24 PM
Hug time for Kaylore and Rev.

TheReverend
12-14-2009, 08:34 PM
Pants-less Hug time for Kaylore and Rev.

fixed

Taco John
12-14-2009, 09:05 PM
I miss Clarkster, Bendurangotang, Friar Tuck, IowaBroncofan and Bronco Fox. They moved on about 2002-2003 time frame for one reason or another. I've seen more come and go for one reason or another that I miss as well. I always enjoyed Slap, but like has already been said, he was his own worst enemy around here. I hated having to ban the guy, but he knew the rules and wished death on someone's family anyway. I'm not sure what he expected me to do - just ignore it because he was the great Slap?

Anyway, I don't spend too much time in nostalgia for the past when the present has enough to offer to keep me occupied. I do think it's amusing that they started a little secret squirrel forum over there. Good for them.

gunns
12-15-2009, 06:35 PM
I'll be honest I was bit disappointed b/c I never thought we had issues but I figured it could be true as there is a small group of people on this site who don't care for me and I'm used to it.

Damn BYU fan. :-*

missingnumber7
12-16-2009, 06:13 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0ZvarRe-XVQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0ZvarRe-XVQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

worm
12-16-2009, 07:18 AM
Tred...BMF...his brother BIM...WinstonCup...lots of good ones.

C'est la vie.

TailgateNut
12-16-2009, 07:36 AM
Wabbit!

Beantown Bronco
12-16-2009, 08:30 AM
I have it on good authority that all these folks left because they thought this site was a "6" and so they moved on to new sites that were all "9s" in their eyes.

F*** em.

Chris
12-21-2009, 06:59 PM
With the exception of their fight club bronco board (which I think is disappointing since isolating yourself goes against the spirit of fandom - just moderate heavily instead of denying others the pleasure of your insight) I haven't seen any other forums with active participation.

Requiem
12-24-2009, 06:31 PM
I miss Wabbit, Mediator, Billy Clyde, etc.

Northman
12-25-2009, 03:51 PM
I miss Anubis

Gort
12-27-2009, 07:17 AM
Hahahahahahaha

WHAT?

wow. people need to splash themselves with some cold water. the OM is ENTERTAINMENT. how can anyone take it so seriously. it's FREE and it's ANONYMOUS. nothing posted here should affect anybody's view of themselves in the real world. and people who get mad and leave because of what some anonymous person posts in here are people who are already dysfunctional in the real world. when you login to the OM, you should leave your real world baggage at the door. and when you logout, you should leave your OM baggage at the door. it's really that simple.

Gort
12-27-2009, 07:23 AM
Anyway, I don't spend too much time in nostalgia for the past when the present has enough to offer to keep me occupied. I do think it's amusing that they started a little secret squirrel forum over there. Good for them.

this happens all the time. doesn't matter the forum or the forum topics. eventually, some small group of "self-appointed experts" gets all pissy about something or other and leaves to go start their own "better" version of said forum. happened before the internet. probably has happened since the beginning of time. e.g., protestantism... luther and his followers got all pissy about some things they didn't like with the catholic church and decided to go and start their own new and "improved" version of christianity.

broncogary
12-27-2009, 07:28 AM
this happens all the time. doesn't matter the forum or the forum topics. eventually, some small group of "self-appointed experts" gets all pissy about something or other and leaves to go start their own "better" version of said forum. happened before the internet. probably has happened since the beginning of time. e.g., protestantism... luther and his followers got all pissy about some things they didn't like with the catholic church and decided to go and start their own new and "improved" version of christianity.

I think that's how Taco started this place. Ha!

HAT
07-17-2010, 08:12 AM
Rasta
BF7
Bronco Warrior

bronclvr
07-19-2010, 06:17 AM
Hotrod-

Los Broncos
07-19-2010, 07:34 AM
Hotrod, not enough threads or polls.

oubronco
07-20-2010, 02:21 PM
Rasta
BF7
Bronco Warrior

an allstar list of assclowns

baja
07-20-2010, 03:55 PM
an allstar list of assclowns

How can you call a list allstar without Lex on it???

oubronco
07-20-2010, 04:14 PM
How can you call a list allstar without Lex on it???

oops ;D

Crushaholic
07-21-2010, 12:31 PM
Anthony Pacino, Disco Man and Amesj...

Kaylore
07-21-2010, 02:22 PM
Anthony Pacino, Disco Man and Amesj...

AP's stuff was always pretty good. Not sure what happened to him.

BroncoBuff
08-08-2010, 08:54 AM
-Slap-
Clockwork Orange
Dortoh

Tredici is in a league of her own.

BroncoBuff
08-14-2010, 03:49 PM
AP's stuff was always pretty good. Not sure what happened to him.

I see AP pretty regular on Facebook, Josh too.