PDA

View Full Version : Knowshon ROW again

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-11-2009, 11:57 AM
Pepsi Rookie of the Week for the Fourth time this season for Moreno. That's best in the NFL.

Congrats!

baja
12-11-2009, 11:58 AM
They gotta give that bust ROTY don't they?

Rabb
12-11-2009, 11:59 AM
Buck won the FedEx ground player award also

tsiguy96
12-11-2009, 12:03 PM
how do bronco players keep winning it?

also, if harvin isnt winning any, why is he front running for ROTY?

Mr.Meanie
12-11-2009, 12:04 PM
but he didn't even get 100 yards

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-11-2009, 12:19 PM
START HILLIS! The only reason Moreno is starting is because he's black and because McD picked him when he should have picked defense! Rabblerabblerabble!

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-11-2009, 12:20 PM
OH, and Buckhalter was the FedEx Ground Player of the Week. So. Hillis should DEFINITELY start, because those two are just wastes of space.

OABB
12-11-2009, 12:20 PM
bust....we could have traded up for Raji!

Smiling Assassin27
12-11-2009, 12:21 PM
bust....we could have traded up for Raji!

if we had drafted ed reed in teh first place, we wouldn't need knowshon. er, out.

OABB
12-11-2009, 12:23 PM
if we had drafted ed reed in teh first place, we wouldn't need knowshon. er, out.

If we had drafted stephen JAckson and ed reed we wouldn't have needed to pick anyone at all!

Ambiguous
12-11-2009, 12:25 PM
Bust!

ludo21
12-11-2009, 12:57 PM
Harvin is the front runner even though Moreno keeps winning this award..weird

UberBroncoMan
12-11-2009, 01:02 PM
OH, and Buckhalter was the FedEx Ground Player of the Week. So. Hillis should DEFINITELY start, because those two are just wastes of space.

Just curious here...

Do you think Hillis shouldn't be used at all? Do you think he'd be a good 4 quarter smash the tired defense (closer) RB.

I've not seen as many people saying Hillis should start as I have that he should simply be used more often than he has thus far.

I still like our 2 headed monster, but remember Hillis won rookie of the week last year too. IMO it would be nice to see the 2 headed monster for 3 quarters and then the bulldozer (Hillis) wrapping it up in the 4th.

Br0nc0Buster
12-11-2009, 01:06 PM
Just curious here...

Do you think Hillis shouldn't be used at all? Do you think he'd be a good 4 quarter smash the tired defense (closer) RB.

I've not seen as many people saying Hillis should start as I have that he should simply be used more often than he has thus far.

I still like our 2 headed monster, but remember Hillis won rookie of the week last year too. IMO it would be nice to see the 2 headed monster for 3 quarters and then the bulldozer (Hillis) wrapping it up in the 4th.

I think Hillis should be put in if we have a lead in the 4th and we are just trying to eat away clock.
I liked Hillis a lot last year, its a shame his talent hasnt translated all that well into this system

Against the Colts though who sacrifice size for speed, Hillis could be a factor

baja
12-11-2009, 01:07 PM
Harvin is the front runner even though Moreno keeps winning this award..weird

Moreno must have a friend that is a good computer hack.

cutthemdown
12-11-2009, 01:14 PM
Moreno needs to get to 1000 yrds, and score a few more tds, and then I bet he does win it. Especially if Harvins headaches hinder him last few weeks.

It's still up for grabs but I doubt any of the lineman win it.

HILife
12-11-2009, 01:15 PM
Pepsi Rookie of the Week for the Fourth time this season for Moreno. That's best in the NFL.

Congrats!

who?

Hogan11
12-11-2009, 01:18 PM
I love it....LOVE IT!! :thumbs:

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-11-2009, 01:48 PM
Just curious here...

Absolutely, I think Hillis should get more PT than he has. he's a smash back and I friggin' LOVE smashbacks.

I just think the "McD drafted Moreno high, and in order to justify that he has to keep playing Moreno rather than the true talented running back, Hillis, because of the risk he took" argument is ****ing retarded, and I like to make fun of those who would make such an argument.

outdoor_miner
12-11-2009, 02:16 PM
how do bronco players keep winning it?

Seriously - it's like we are the only fanbase that is aware of these awards. Any time a Bronco is nominated, he ends up winning. It's strange.

Broncosfreak_56
12-11-2009, 02:19 PM
L33t computer skillz.

baja
12-11-2009, 02:46 PM
Seriously - it's like we are the only fanbase that is aware of these awards. Any time a Bronco is nominated, he ends up winning. It's strange.

Free time and turkey sandwiches will accomplish much... ;D

JCMElway
12-11-2009, 03:01 PM
START HILLIS! The only reason Moreno is starting is because he's black and because McD picked him when he should have picked defense! Rabblerabblerabble!

McD took Peyton's job away!

They took his job??

They took our jobs!!!!! Rabblerabblerabble!

Mr.Meanie
12-11-2009, 03:03 PM

They took his job??

:rofl:

Broncosfreak_56
12-11-2009, 04:15 PM

They took his job??

derkaa doo!!!!

http://youtomb.mit.edu/thumbnail/YouTube/Q/2/Q2fGl9587X8/3d11f3c0d56bbda7c1bea22ba6e403ed.jpg

Popps
12-11-2009, 04:26 PM
A 3rd Rookie award?

Cue Taco and Dragster to crap on him.

Meck77
12-11-2009, 04:39 PM
It's like clockwork. Taco has a take and the opposite ALWAYS happens. Congrats Moreno. Hillis keep eating pine buddy.

baja
12-11-2009, 04:39 PM
A 3rd Rookie award?

4th, try and keep up with the bust Popps.

ScottXray
12-11-2009, 04:46 PM
Was in a sports store here in Portland yesterday. They had a signed
ROY Football for Clinton Portis for 2004, for about $125. I thought about picking it up, but unfortunately Portis wll be a footnote in bronco History , and a major player in Redskins lore, so I passed. They did have a a few signed photos, including Sheff and such for about $35....also had a Cutler one, which made me laugh... I told him they would need to discount that one heavily or cary it in stock for EVAH!

ScottXray
12-11-2009, 04:47 PM
ROY Football for Clinton Portis for 2004, for about $125. I thought about picking it up, but unfortunately Portis wll be a footnote in bronco History , and a major player in Redskins lore, so I passed. They did have a a few signed photos, including Sheff and such for about $35....also had a Cutler one, which made me laugh... I told him they would need to discount that one heavily or cary it in stock for EVAH! Congrats to KM for his 4th ROW
award. One more and he should get serious consideration over others.

Of course this is just the Pepsi ROY.

baja
12-11-2009, 05:12 PM
ROY Football for Clinton Portis for 2004, for about $125. I thought about picking it up, but unfortunately Portis wll be a footnote in bronco History , and a major player in Redskins lore, so I passed. They did have a a few signed photos, including Sheff and such for about $35....also had a Cutler one, which made me laugh... I told him they would need to discount that one heavily or cary it in stock for EVAH! Congrats to KM for his 4th ROW
award. One more and he should get serious consideration over others.

Of course this is just the Pepsi ROY.

Ya but he's won 6 Doctor Pepper awards

mhgaffney
12-11-2009, 08:17 PM
Instead of using Hillis in the LAST quarter against a tired D line -- we should use him (a human battering ram) in the FIRST quarter to soften up the D and wear them down -- then bring in Buck and Moreno to finish the job.

baja
12-11-2009, 08:24 PM
Instead of using Hillis in the LAST quarter against a tired D line -- we should use him (a human battering ram) in the FIRST quarter to soften up the D and wear them down -- then bring in Buck and Moreno to finish the job.

Ya lets fax that idea right off to Josh;

Dear Josh, we have decided that you need to start the guy that hasn't been able to grasp his assignments and fumbles because we think he's a tough runner.

Signed

Orange Mane super fans

Arkie
12-11-2009, 08:26 PM
What is Hillis's career fumbling %?

baja
12-11-2009, 08:30 PM
What is Hillis's career fumbling %?

Are you saying you like the idea of starting Hillis over Moreno & Buck?

I'm not listening to your stock tips any more that's for sure. ;D

Arkie
12-11-2009, 08:40 PM
Are you saying you like the idea of starting Hillis over Moreno & Buck?

I'm not listening to your stock tips any more that's for sure. ;D

First of all, you know Im into gold. Second, Hillis wasn't known for fumbling until he botched a return. He hasn't fumbled in 79 rushing attempt for the Broncos. ...and 18 receptions

baja
12-11-2009, 08:43 PM
First of all, you know Im into gold. Second, Hillis wasn't known for fumbling until he botched a return. He hasn't fumbled in 79 rushing attempt for the Broncos. ...and 18 receptions

Answer the question.

Do you think Hillis should start the game over Moreno and Buckhalter?

Arkie
12-11-2009, 08:47 PM
good luck bringing him down, but you're not getting that rock mother****er!
http://cdn.bleacherreport.com/images_root/image_pictures/0134/8178/hillis_big_day_feature.jpg

baja
12-11-2009, 08:49 PM
good luck bringing him down, but you're not getting that rock mother****er!
http://cdn.bleacherreport.com/images_root/image_pictures/0134/8178/hillis_big_day_feature.jpg

Dude everyone would like to see him get some carries but "START", come on

Arkie
12-11-2009, 08:50 PM
He's a good ingredient to a successful formula

baja
12-11-2009, 08:52 PM
He's a good ingredient to a successful formula

That's a lot different that saying he should start.

gunns
12-11-2009, 09:03 PM
but he didn't even get 100 yards

What were they thinking??

Broncoman13
12-11-2009, 09:03 PM
They gotta give that bust ROTY don't they?

He's not a bust... he's slow. Get it straight man.

Taco John
12-11-2009, 09:15 PM
A 3rd Rookie award?

Crap on him? He's started producing actual scores lately and upped his consistency - and best of all, he's not fumbling the ball. He's playing much better than he was mid season. This isn't the 18 for 44 yard guy (or 5 for 3 yards) that I was grumbling about.

Good for him. We needed him to step up, and he has.

Let's see him bring it on Sunday.

Taco John
12-11-2009, 09:17 PM
It's like clockwork. Taco has a take and the opposite ALWAYS happens. Congrats Moreno. Hillis keep eating pine buddy.

My take was that Moreno needed to up his production and down his fumbles. That's what happened.

Popps
12-11-2009, 09:24 PM
My take was that Moreno needed to up his production and down his fumbles. That's what happened.

ROFL!

Complete with the rewrite.

That's classic Taco, right there.

BlaK-Argentina
12-11-2009, 09:24 PM
Crap on him? He's started producing actual scores lately and upped his consistency - and best of all, he's not fumbling the ball. He's playing much better than he was mid season. This isn't the 18 for 44 yard guy (or 5 for 3 yards) that I was grumbling about.

Good for him. We needed him to step up, and he has.

Let's see him bring it on Sunday.

When was he a 5 carries for 3 yds guy? I must have missed it.

Popps
12-11-2009, 09:25 PM

There's no better contrarian indicator of Broncos success.

Popps
12-11-2009, 09:27 PM

Oh, Taco was saying he was soft... "small"... needed to gain weight, you name it.

Now, the story starts to change. (Naturally.)

He had a couple bad games with the rest of the team, mostly because he couldn't get the carries against Pitt/Balt. The rest of the season, he's been very productive.

But, Moreno is all part of the Great Hillis Conspiracy of 2009, so he's friendly fire.

Taco John
12-11-2009, 09:42 PM

Pittsburgh.

Taco John
12-11-2009, 09:49 PM
Oh, Taco was saying he was soft... "small"... needed to gain weight, you name it.

Now, the story starts to change. (Naturally.)

He had a couple bad games with the rest of the team, mostly because he couldn't get the carries against Pitt/Balt. The rest of the season, he's been very productive.

But, Moreno is all part of the Great Hillis Conspiracy of 2009, so he's friendly fire.

The story hasn't changed at all. He was inconsistent. He fumbled. The last four weeks he's upped his consistency, and stopped fumbling. That's what I wanted to see. I don't know that the guy is the next TD or anything. But the last four weeks, he's shown a lot more consistency than he had the four previous to that.

strafen
12-11-2009, 10:23 PM
The story hasn't changed at all. He was inconsistent. He fumbled. The last four weeks he's upped his consistency, and stopped fumbling. That's what I wanted to see. I don't know that the guy is the next TD or anything. But the last four weeks, he's shown a lot more consistency than he had the four previous to that.I'm not impressed with Moreno.
People here want to magnify what he's done so far to inflate his performance.
The class of rookies on offense in the NFL this year tells me is not that great for Moreno with his anemic performance numbers gets ROW.
Funny how people mention his 2 TD's and long run, while omitting the fact that his 2nd TD came in what these same people call "garbage playing time" when the game was already in the bag late 4th qtr.
Of course this view doesn't apply to Moreno, oh no, there's not such a thing ;)

I agree with Taco that his last two games he's shown a little bit more production, but still subpar for where he should be at right now.
To be bragging about Moreno's season so far without a single 100-yard game is just pure homerism.
Call it like it is, guys. I'm not sold on this guy at all.
I want to see more to be convinced he's the real deal. I want for once be "wowed" by Moreno just as nobody here has...

watermock
12-11-2009, 11:23 PM
Moreno is a good back, but not a great one, not unless he can show it sunday.

Buck has proven as much, and he off the trash pile.

ven moe troubling is how not ONE sdraft choice (remember, we had 3 #1's, and 2 #3's, have shined.

With this many high choices coutesy of the Cutler trade, c'mon.

We lost 4 games in a row by dominance Orton was injured, but won 3 with fluke plays.

The wins against Cinci and Dallas were flukes.

We might win at Indy Sunday, I would't touch the spread tho.

I kinda like the points, but there are better bets, like Cincy to cover @ Minny.

Kaylore
12-11-2009, 11:38 PM
Pittsburgh.

That's more indicative of the defense than Moreno. Moreno's done great for a rookie splitting carries. I think the Chargers game was a better example of his rookie weaknesses being exposed than his struggles against a famous Pitt defense. I think he's doing great and getting better every game.

ZONA
12-11-2009, 11:41 PM
Back to the award, good for him. I thought that Raiders WR was going to get it with 2 TD's and one of them being the game winner with almost no time left.

Back to Moreno. he's doing fine. Not great but steady you might say. He's not shown yet he's been worthy of such a high pick but he did have an early injury and is also playing on a team that passes alot. But he definitely needs to step his game up a few notches and have a few 150 yard games, break some longer runs, etc.

Taco John
12-11-2009, 11:55 PM
That's more indicative of the defense than Moreno. Moreno's done great for a rookie splitting carries. I think the Chargers game was a better example of his rookie weaknesses being exposed than his struggles against a famous Pitt defense. I think he's doing great and getting better every game.

I think Pitt's defense has been anything but famous this year. Whatever the problem was, I don't think I was out of line for wanting the guy to step up, be more consistent, and stop fumbling. And he's done that in the last four games. I'm satisfied with the improvements he's made over the season. I expect to see a rookie fade between the middle of November through December, and instead, Moreno has shown improvement during that time. I think that's a reason to be optimistic about the guy. I think it's unfortunate he hasn't broken his first 100 yard game yet, but the way he's been running, I think we'll see it soon.

Not that I'm suprised that Meck and Popps want to jump my case at every turn. I'm pretty used to their vindictiveness, and they're welcome to it.

Popps
12-12-2009, 12:22 AM
I think Pitt's defense has been anything but famous this year. Whatever the problem was, I don't think I was out of line for wanting the guy to step up, be more consistent, and stop fumbling. And he's done that in the last four games. I'm satisfied with the improvements he's made over the season. I expect to see a rookie fade between the middle of November through December, and instead, Moreno has shown improvement during that time. I think that's a reason to be optimistic about the guy. I think it's unfortunate he hasn't broken his first 100 yard game yet, but the way he's been running, I think we'll see it soon.

Not that I'm suprised that Meck and Popps want to jump my case at every turn. I'm pretty used to their vindictiveness, and they're welcome to it.

Look, Taco... Moreno never had a "fumbling problem." One fumble wasn't.
One was Ed Reed knocking him into the stone-age. Outside of that, he dropped the ball twice.

Moreno went two years at Georgia without fumbling. He's well-known as a guy who takes care of the rock. But, I wouldn't expect you to factor in any research, Taco.

He had a great YPC average, was a productive back for us... and you chose to attack him, and now you're changing your tune as he receives his 4th rookie award.

First he was "soft," the he needed to "gain weight," then he wasn't "consistent," then he fumbled too much... you just did your best to slam the kid, and now he's proving you wrong.

Meck only pointed out the obvious, in that you are consistently on the wrong side of any player-issue. This was just par for course.

Cleo McDowell
12-12-2009, 12:54 AM
but but.. he lacks explosiveness and is just a simmy winder clone..

Taco John
12-12-2009, 01:17 AM
Look, Taco... Moreno never had a "fumbling problem." One fumble wasn't.
One was Ed Reed knocking him into the stone-age. Outside of that, he dropped the ball twice.

I don't understand that. You tell me that Knowshon doesn't have a fumbling problem, and then you give me all the highlights and excuses for why he was putting so many balls on the ground. What's the point of denying that the problem situation happened, and then detail the reasons that the problem situation occurred?

The fact is, it happened. He put four balls on the ground and into the other team's hands. In a low scoring offense, that's a problem. In a low scoring offense, running the ball 18 times for 44 yards is a problem. These things happened, and we were losing games. And now, Moreno has shown improved consistency, and we're winning games. Not only that, we're winning a lot more convincingly than we were at the beginning of the season.

But you're right. I went after the kid. I'm not sure why you think I should feel shamed about going after a player who was being inconsistent. Why is it you think that you can criticize DJ Williams when you recognize inconsistency, but get vindictive when someone makes another observation?

Not that I want you to stop. I think these fun house mirror arguments bring a lot of entertainment here. I have fun watching you try to dominate what people are allowed to think around you.

watermock
12-12-2009, 01:19 AM
Moreo has only shown speed in his last 3 games.

Game speed.Not anywhere elite speed demomstrated by Stehen Smith, He's showing TD speed now.

He gets nicked again, who knows.

Let's go into the rest of the draft...

6 picks in the first 4 rounds and 1 starter, who has 2 backs better TPC?

Moreno isn't a bust as you accuse many, he's coming on.

He may have a huge game at indy if we get a lead.

Broncos_OTM
12-12-2009, 06:21 AM
The guy got walloped. He had good ball protection go back and look if you dont believe me. he just got TATTOOED. Some mighty great highlight hits. Moreno is going to have to work on his speed this offseason. he has NO second gear.

Mock werent you calling him slowshon. Welcome aboard.

Kaylore
12-12-2009, 07:15 AM
I think Pitt's defense has been anything but famous this year.
On the back end, yes. Their pass defense has been exposed somewhat with the loss of Polamalou, but they still have the third best rush defense in the league and it's been that way all year. No one has rushed for really anything against them.

Popps
12-12-2009, 09:20 AM
I don't understand that. You tell me that Knowshon doesn't have a fumbling problem, and then you give me all the highlights and excuses for why he was putting so many balls on the ground..

Incorrect.

I gave you a simple explanation as to why his problem was not really a problem, but an aberration.

Your insistence that it was a "problem" was easily refuted. He's never had a problem. You created one because you have a bias against him, plain and simple.

I And now, Moreno has shown improved consistency,.

Also incorrect. He's had the same YPC average the entire season. When given the chance to run the ball, he's performed well. He hasn't remotely had any "consistency" problems, outside of your vivid imagination.

You attempt to create myths and patterns like, "he needs to gain weight" or "he runs soft."

But you're right. I went after the kid. .

We're all aware of that.

Now, the backtracking and story-changing begins.

As was already stated, this is just Taco as usual. Nothing to see here.

CHANGSTER
12-12-2009, 09:32 AM

It really seems that way. Yesterday on Total Access ol Dukesbag made a snarky comment about Bronco fans having "computer skills", or something to that effect. This is when they were announcing Buck as the winner.

BlaK-Argentina
12-12-2009, 09:39 AM
Moreno is a good back, but not a great one, not unless he can show it sunday.

Hum... ok. Doesn't matter that he's a rookie who missed almost all of TC and preseason.

If he doesn't get 150+ tomorrow he's a bust and we should cut him after the game... :approve:

Taco John
12-12-2009, 10:43 AM
Incorrect.

I gave you a simple explanation as to why his problem was not really a problem, but an aberration.

Your insistence that it was a "problem" was easily refuted. He's never had a problem. You created one because you have a bias against him, plain and simple.

Also incorrect. He's had the same YPC average the entire season. When given the chance to run the ball, he's performed well. He hasn't remotely had any "consistency" problems, outside of your vivid imagination.

You attempt to create myths and patterns like, "he needs to gain weight" or "he runs soft."

We're all aware of that.

Now, the backtracking and story-changing begins.

As was already stated, this is just Taco as usual. Nothing to see here.

None of your ridiculous answers answer the questions on why you think it's cool for you to bag on DJ Williams, but act like Tiger's wife at a strip club if someone notices inconsistency in another player. You're a crack up dude.

cutthemdown
12-12-2009, 10:46 AM
So had we not selected Moreno at that spot what player would some of you rather have?

baja
12-12-2009, 11:07 AM
So had we not selected Moreno at that spot what player would some of you rather have?

Now that Josh has shown he is the pick of the litter of the new coaches just about everyone here likes to pretend they were pleased with him all along it will be the same with Moreno when he shows he is a top 5 back, no surprise there.

I been here for a lot of years and that is how it has worked these past past few seasons. A few have said they over reacted about McD and are happy with him now and that's cool I respect that but the ones that like to pretend they liked him all along well their not fooling anyone. Hell being wrong is part of living life we all are wrong some time no big deal.

baja
12-12-2009, 11:09 AM

Before the year is out well all are going to be very happy we drafted Knowshon.

We will know he has arrived when he is given a nick name.

BroncoMan4ever
12-12-2009, 11:43 AM
Moreno needs to get to 1000 yrds, and score a few more tds, and then I bet he does win it. Especially if Harvins headaches hinder him last few weeks.

It's still up for grabs but I doubt any of the lineman win it.

if Clady couldn't get the award after allowing only a single sack last season, it can be practically guaranteed that no OL will ever win the award.

errand
12-12-2009, 01:31 PM

Congrats!

Hard to imagine a guy that-

[] hasn't rushed for 100 yards in any game

[] hasn't proven anything to clowns like dragster69's Hillis

[] is considered a bust by a few posters like the afotrementioned dragster69's Hillis

[] not to mention is less talented than Peyton Hillis

...could be considered for such an award. I mean what's next, Barack Obama winning the Nobel Peace Prize?

errand
12-12-2009, 01:42 PM

OK, so going with your argument, LaMont Jordan has 9 career fumbles and has lost only 4.....in his entire 9 year career, including the 2005 season when he was the Raider's primary RB, rushing for over 1,000 yards and catching 70 passes as well.

Now given those facts, would you have a problem with Jordan (if healthy) being that 4th qtr hammer you guys seek?

errand
12-12-2009, 01:46 PM
He was inconsistent. He fumbled. .

..and yet oddly enough, you're in here constantly bitching about another inconsistent RB that fumbled not getting enough playing time.

errand
12-12-2009, 02:26 PM
We will know he has arrived when he is given a nick name.

dragster69's Hillis and Mock already have given him one...."BUST"

ZONA
12-12-2009, 02:27 PM
Just not sure what all this fuss is about Moreno. The dude is a high pick who got hurt early and missed some time and has done a decent job throughout the season and is playing better of late but still has yet to show he's worthy of the #12 overall pick.

There - that about sums it up. Now we all can STFU and start drinking and get ready for tomorrow.

baja
12-12-2009, 02:28 PM
How about Bust-um

errand
12-12-2009, 02:48 PM
Just not sure what all this fuss is about Moreno. The dude is a high pick who got hurt early and missed some time and has done a decent job throughout the season and is playing better of late but still has yet to show he's worthy of the #12 overall pick.

There - that about sums it up. Now we all can STFU and start drinking and get ready for tomorrow.

Wow....so how many games does a player have to prove he's worthy of where he was drafted?

Pray tell, would these numbers after a full season be worthy of the #1 overall pick?

123 comp. - 259 att - 47.5 comp%- 1663 yards - 6.4 ypa - 7TD's -14 INT's - 54.9 QB rating.

BMarsh615
12-12-2009, 02:53 PM

The 2009 draft wasn't a very talented draft. Knowshon is probably one of the 5 best players taken in the draft. How is he not worth the #12 pick?

baja
12-12-2009, 03:09 PM
The 2009 draft wasn't a very talented draft. Knowshon is probably one of the 5 best players taken in the draft. How is he not worth the #12 pick?

He is a leading candidate for ROY doesn't sound like a reach to me.

mhgaffney
12-12-2009, 06:59 PM
Moreno will only get better.

strafen
12-14-2009, 08:37 AM
Wow....so how many games does a player have to prove he's worthy of where he was drafted?

Pray tell, would these numbers after a full season be worthy of the #1 overall pick?

123 comp. - 259 att - 47.5 comp%- 1663 yards - 6.4 ypa - 7TD's -14 INT's - 54.9 QB rating.

Apparently proving you're worthy of where you're picked matters to you no...
I'm thinking the reason you don't hear about it is becuase unlike you, the local and national media doesn't really give a **** if the Broncos 4th string RB gets any carries.

strafen
12-14-2009, 08:41 AM
Moreno will only get better.Yeah, I was impressed yesterday how he managed to run just one yard short of his season average (65.4 yrds) despite how horrible the same OL that he played with all season it really is...
To run for less than 64 yards, no touchdowns and more important no contribution for our team in critical conversion fails, says why he is a 1st round pick.
But hey, we love him, don't we?
It's guys like me that are just haters for telling us this stuff we don't want to hear even if it is 100% true.

broncosteven
12-14-2009, 09:13 AM
Yeah, I was impressed yesterday how he managed to run just one yard short of his season average (65.4 yrds) despite how horrible the same OL that he played with all season it really is...
To run for less than 64 yards, no touchdowns and more important no contribution for our team in critical conversion fails, says why he is a 1st round pick.
But hey, we love him, don't we?
It's guys like me that are just haters for telling us this stuff we don't want to hear even if it is 100% true.

I would have liked the reigning ROW to convert a 3rd and 1 or 4th and 1 every now and then but I guess you could blame lots of other people for failure on short yardage including the coach.