PDA

View Full Version : Raiders' Russell: I'm QB of future

oubronco
12-11-2009, 06:55 AM
Posted: 12/11/2009 01:00:00 AM MST
Updated: 12/11/2009 01:38:39 AM MST

ALAMEDA, Calif. Banished to the bench in a disappointing third season, JaMarcus Russell said he still is the quarterback of the future for the Raiders.

"We all have road bumps in our life and this just happens to be one bump," Russell said Thursday in his first public comments since losing the starting job to Bruce Gradkowski last month.

Russell said he was "embarrassed" when he was benched by coach Tom Cable, that his weight and work ethic aren't problems and that he will not renegotiate his contract to take less money than he is owed.

If Russell doesn't throw another pass this season, he will be the first quarterback since 1998 to have a rating less than 50 with at least 200 attempts. Another QB with that mark was Ryan Leaf of the Chargers, perhaps the biggest quarterback draft bust.

Guard Robert Gallery will miss the rest of the season with a lower-back injury.

Woman claims abuse against Ravens' Suggs

BALTIMORE A woman filed a $70 million lawsuit against Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs, claiming he is father of her two children and assaulted her multiple times.

Suggs said he has nothing to hide, but he was not able to discuss the case.

"As bad as I want to talk about it right now, I can't," Suggs said.

Candace Williams, 26, is also seeking a restraining order against Suggs, whom she said knocked her down and poured bleach on her and their son.

Footnotes.

Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan sat out practice because of a toe injury, making it unlikely he'll play Sunday against the Saints.

The Jets placed linebacker Larry Izzo (herniated disc in his neck) on injured reserve. The Associated Press

Read more: http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_13973672#ixzz0ZO8Dllkm

I can see this ending well :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

RhymesayersDU
12-11-2009, 07:22 AM
I wouldn't restructure if I was him either. The writing is on the wall; he needs every cent before he's out of the league.

jhns
12-11-2009, 07:24 AM
This is some good news for AFC West teams. Their secondaries can keep their two extra bye weeks as long as he is there.

misturanderson
12-11-2009, 07:39 AM
I wouldn't restructure if I was him either. The writing is on the wall; he needs every cent before he's out of the league.

So he can spend it all on idiotic necklaces most likely.

Dr. Broncenstein
12-11-2009, 07:54 AM
Doc B: Im Donald Duck.

Br0nc0Buster
12-11-2009, 08:00 AM
Raiders should just cut him

He is worthless, and has no intention of trying to get better

It is amazing just how bad the Raiders have drafted

ElwayMD
12-11-2009, 08:18 AM
Raiders should just cut him

He is worthless, and has no intention of trying to get better

It is amazing just how bad the Raiders have drafted

The Raiders need to keep him and play him every game. We need our 2 guaranteed wins a season!

Garcia Bronco
12-11-2009, 08:21 AM
He's right...we are just trying to figure out what future that is....

gyldenlove
12-11-2009, 08:25 AM
Well he certainly isn't the QB of the present so I guess holding out hope for his CFL or Arena league career is not bad.

GoHAM
12-11-2009, 08:26 AM
"Russell said ..., that his weight and work ethic aren't problems and that he will not renegotiate his contract to take less money than he is owed."

I think that about sums Russell up as a person. Obviously something is the problem but he refuses to accept any part of the blame. He got paid and he don't give a **** what you think.

I doubt there is even a lightbulb to be turned on in his fat head. Stupid Raiders.

Flex Gunmetal
12-11-2009, 09:42 AM
Uh oh. Doc B vs Denver. Larry Izzo is still playing football? lol

elpasojoe
12-11-2009, 09:51 AM
I love how stupid the Raiders are. I hope Russell and Bid Al are together for a long, long time. Hey, Mr Davis, how bout an extension for the big guy?

BMarsh615
12-11-2009, 10:01 AM
Matt Ryan is a pussy

Tombstone RJ
12-11-2009, 10:07 AM
Chokeland just need to keep playing Russell. He'll get better, I promise.

SJ Bronco
12-11-2009, 10:07 AM
Nice. Russell is a douche and believe it or not, even raider fan finally admits it. I think Grandma Al even knows it. That's why Russell wasn't instantly reinstated as the starter after a "closed door" meeting with cable. I think he will remain on the roster for one more year, then get cut. With the Raiders luck, he'll resurface in St Louis and win a superbowl.

Kaylore
12-11-2009, 10:11 AM
I hope Al Davis' ego fires Cable because he refuses to start Russell and then he hires a new coach with the pre-arranged agreement that mandates Russell start every game. Russell knows Al wants him to start and that's why he doesn't push himself. No matter what he does, Al will back him so he'll just keep sucking.

gyldenlove
12-11-2009, 10:13 AM
There is no greater red flag on a QB than the college team running a simplified offense like LSU did with Russell, if you can't operate with a full college playbook you will fail in the NFL because the playbooks are a lot more advanced and involved in the pros.

broncosteven
12-11-2009, 10:43 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/10120672/Russell-'embarrassed'-by-Raiders-benching

My favorite Quote.

"A totally different JaMarcus," Russell said when asked what people would see when he plays again. "People are going to have their opinion, and I really don't pay too much attention to that. I worry about JaMarcus and JaMarcus only."

Personally I hope the Butt-pirates keep trying to make him into the starting QB. They will never have any success if they do but if Oakland were my team I would find a way to cut him and eat the contract.

Don't they have tests that measure a players Doucheness level?

theAPAOps5
12-11-2009, 10:45 AM
Oh no JaMarcus went third person on them! Put a fork in him! he is the future QB of a UFL team maybe!

Archer81
12-11-2009, 10:46 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/10120672/Russell-'embarrassed'-by-Raiders-benching

My favorite Quote.

"A totally different JaMarcus," Russell said when asked what people would see when he plays again. "People are going to have their opinion, and I really don't pay too much attention to that. I worry about JaMarcus and JaMarcus only."

Personally I hope the Butt-pirates keep trying to make him into the starting QB. They will never have any success if they do but if Oakland were my team I would find a way to cut him and eat the contract.

Don't they have tests that measure a players Doucheness level?

Holy ****. He referred to himself in the 4th person...

:Broncos:

theAPAOps5
12-11-2009, 10:49 AM
Holy ****. He referred to himself in the 4th person...

Hey I didn't even know there was a term 4th person! Learn something new everyday!

Archer81
12-11-2009, 10:52 AM
Hey I didn't even know there was a term 4th person! Learn something new everyday!

They key to remaining young. Learn something new every day. :strong:

Gort
12-11-2009, 10:54 AM
I love how stupid the Raiders are. I hope Russell and Bid Al are together for a long, long time. Hey, Mr Davis, how bout an extension for the big guy?

cutler will end up in OAK. mark my words!

WolfpackGuy
12-11-2009, 10:55 AM
Would anybody take Russell over Simms?

LOL

broncocalijohn
12-11-2009, 11:06 AM

When you suck that bad, even your 3rd person doesnt want to claim you and you need to go straight to 4th person. That is the guy, you, that wont hear sheat from the 2nd person or even 3rd person. The fall guy of yourself is the 4th person. When you are really drunk, he can be your wing man or your cocked blocker.

SJ Bronco
12-11-2009, 11:38 AM
Would anybody take Russell over Simms?

LOL

If those where truly my only two options...I choose death

Rohirrim
12-11-2009, 12:10 PM
QB of the future? More like Futurama.

Circle Orange
12-11-2009, 06:25 PM
You guys just don't get it. Jamarcus is a throwback player. You know, back in the day when guys played multiple positions? At 280lbs., he aspires to be a nose tackle and defensive end between downs.

And he IS the raider's future. Future shock, that is. ;)

ward63
12-11-2009, 06:36 PM
Is he trying to be like Vince or what?

oubronco
12-11-2009, 07:15 PM
Is he trying to be like Vince or what?

he's just an asshat

broncosteven
12-11-2009, 07:48 PM
You guys just don't get it. Jamarcus is a throwback player. You know, back in the day when guys played multiple positions? At 280lbs., he aspires to be a nose tackle and defensive end between downs.

And he IS the raider's future. Future shock, that is. ;)

Maybe they should move Tommy Kelly to QB and start Russell on Dline. Is Tommy Kelly still on the team?

Br0nc0Buster
12-11-2009, 07:58 PM
Maybe they should move Tommy Kelly to QB and start Russell on Dline. Is Tommy Kelly still on the team?

prolly
They only gave him like the highest contract for a defensive tackle ever at that time

AbileneBroncoFan
12-11-2009, 08:01 PM
I have a better chance of beating Usain Bolt in a race by running backwards than they do of winning a Super Bowl with that clown.

Br0nc0Buster
12-11-2009, 08:04 PM
I have a better chance of beating Usain Bolt in a race by running backwards than they do of winning a Super Bowl with that clown.

I think you are being generous

Usain could pull a hammy or twist his ankle

Bronx33
12-11-2009, 08:28 PM
the future: Russell could get some weight watchers endorsements.

AbileneBroncoFan
12-11-2009, 08:46 PM
I think you are being generous

Usain could pull a hammy or twist his ankle

True. I have a better chance of beating him by running backwards and giving him a 99 yard headstart.

watermock
12-11-2009, 11:41 PM
Mock doesn't think JaMarcus speaking in the 3rd person is wise.

So I asked Jimmy. He said, and I quote.

"Jimmy think he's a douchbag."

Captain 'Dre
12-12-2009, 12:18 AM
Ha! Ha! Ha!

The future of the Sioux City Iowa Bulldogs, maybe!