PDA

View Full Version : Under the Radar Players

elsid13
12-11-2009, 06:38 AM
Every year there are college players that fly under the radar from the main stream media that suddenly become hot during the draft or shine in the NFL. Here are some of the players that I think will become household names next season. Add your own.

1. Sean Canfield – QB Oregon State. Smart QB that has arm to make all the throws. Doesn’t have great mobility but really understand where to go with the ball in pro-style offense. This senior season he has blossomed into a pro –ready QB.
2. Anthony Dixon – RB Mississippi State. No one talking about him because of the crappy team he plays for, but the kid has power and speed. He is a hammer RB in the mode of Ricky Williams and will make some team extremely happy as late day steal.
3. James Rodgers – WR/RB – Oregon State. Think Havin when you see this guy. His small size will force him down in the draft but with the right system he will be explosive player that get you yards out of the slot/backfield. His brother is a little better but not eligible this season
4. Earl Mitchell – DT/DE Arizona - Doesn’t get the hype of the other PAC-10 defense linemen but is extremely active and knows how to penetrate into the back-field.
5. Brian Price –DE/DT - people know about him, but I don’t think they know how darn good this kid is. He not Suh, but he isn’t as far behind as some think. I expect him to rocket up the draft board come April.

SouthStndJunkie
12-11-2009, 11:15 AM
Barry Church, S, Toledo.

6'2 220 pounds.

Mid-American Conference First Team Safety all four years of his career.

Rangy....can hit and is a tackling machine. Blocks a lot of kicks and will be a special team stud from day one.

I could see his stock very easily rising after the combine and workouts.

iforgotmypassword
12-11-2009, 02:25 PM
Marc Mariana WR Montana

just a huge stud never misses a catch and make plays game in and game out, also great in the return game.

Rohirrim
12-14-2009, 01:48 PM
I doubt that Canfield is flying under the radar. In fact, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Josh went after him. He's an all-around good QB with smarts and confidence. I liked Riley Cooper from Florida but it appears he is going to play for the Texas Rangers.

lex
12-15-2009, 10:01 PM
I doubt that Canfield is flying under the radar. In fact, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Josh went after him. He's an all-around good QB with smarts and confidence. I liked Riley Cooper from Florida but it appears he is going to play for the Texas Rangers.

From what I remember, he has struggled at the plate. If so, its not lik he's Smardzjia, who can throw 97. If you like him its worth a 7th and then trying to sway him.

columbiaskinny
12-18-2009, 12:50 PM
Dixon puts the ball on the turf too much for me.

SouthStndJunkie
12-22-2009, 08:55 PM
Antonio Brown, WR, Central Michigan is a player that has really impressed me.

He is a junior, but I bet he declares for the draft. He reminds me of Percy Harvin.

3 years of 90+ catches (98, 93, 97)

2009:

97 catches for 1020 yards and 9 TDs receiving this year. 319 yards rushing and 2 TDs. 2 return TDs on the year as well.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tr7JKoxGn0k&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tr7JKoxGn0k&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

elsid13
02-09-2010, 09:48 AM
Want to bump this, now that bowls are over.

PRBronco
02-09-2010, 10:05 AM
Want to bump this, now that bowls are over.

Canfield sounded horrible in Senior Bowl practice reports, no arm strength at all.

elsid13
02-09-2010, 10:08 AM
Canfield sounded horrible in Senior Bowl practice reports, no arm strength at all.

Yeah I blew that one. But I did hit on Price, Mitchell and Dixion :approve:

Rohirrim
02-09-2010, 10:18 AM

His Senior Bowl performance was not good, for some reason, but I watched a few Oregon State games last season. He played much better in those games. My hope now is that he will drop all the way to the 6th (maybe even UDFA) then it's not so much of a gamble.