PDA

View Full Version : Broncos' Clady full of fundamentals, wins award

Bronco Rob
12-10-2009, 03:14 PM
Broncos' Clady full of fundamentals, wins award

By Lindsay H. Jones
The Denver Post
Posted: 12/10/2009 01:21:19 PM MST

Broncos left tackle Ryan Clady would be perfectly happy to stay out of the spotlight for the duration of his NFL career.

But if he keeps garnering national attention for his play on the field, he'll have to do more talking and posing.

Clady on Thursday received an award at Dove Valley for being named to USA Football's All-Fundamental Team an honor given to 26 players one at each of the 11 offensive and defensive positions, as well as four special teams slots. Clady was the only Bronco selected, and is one of the two youngest players, along with Tampa Bay kick returner Clifton Smith, who is also in his second year.

"It's kind of uncanny, I think, because he's a young player and he plays a very difficult position in this league. In order to be as successful and productive as he's been at left tackle you have to be good fundamentally," coach Josh McDaniels said. "You can't guess, you have to use your hands and your feet equally effectively and he does that."

Clady and all of the other 25 players honored will receive $1,500 grant from USA Football to give to a youth or high school football program of their choice.

Clady will find out later this month if he has been selected to his first Pro Bowl. Plenty of league experts as well as Clady's teammates here in Denver - would argue that Clady should have made the Pro Bowl team last year as a rookie, when he allowed only a half a sack in 16 games.

Clady met with reporters for about three minutes after the award presentation his longest interview of the season and shrugged off a question about his Pro Bowl chances.

"It's been a pretty good season, I guess," Clady said.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_13969553?source=rss&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+dp-sports-broncos+%28Denver+Post%3A+Sports%3A+Broncos%29

PRBronco
12-10-2009, 03:28 PM
That's crazy, especially if you think about how gifted he is sizewise and athletically, he could have got to this point on ability alone, but he clearly cares about doing everything right. Kickass :)

Smiling Assassin27
12-10-2009, 04:07 PM
Imagine what he'll be like when he fills out...

houghtam
12-10-2009, 04:27 PM
Right here is the part where I'm compelled to find someone who's been half as productive in half as many games and say he should be sharing snaps with Clady.

But I'm not going to do that.

;D

Bronco Rob
12-11-2009, 03:06 AM
:pimp:

bowtown
12-11-2009, 04:52 AM
Right here is the part where I'm compelled to find someone who's been half as productive in half as many games and say he should be sharing snaps with Clady.

But I'm not going to do that.

;D

But we'll have to if we even want a shot at beating Indy.

gyldenlove
12-11-2009, 07:56 AM
I heard Clady was deservedly fined for winning this award - clearly that kind of behaviour can not be tolerated.

TheReverend
12-11-2009, 11:43 AM
Clady strikes me as Lenny from Of Mice and Men, but phenomenal at football.

baja
12-11-2009, 11:57 AM
Another wasted draft pick by Shanny...
;D