PDA

View Full Version : Chargers lose second NT for the season

Bronco LB52
12-10-2009, 02:19 PM
The Chargers place Ogemdi Nwagbuo on IR. He had been one of their better players in the front seven of late.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/09/nwagbuo-lands-on-injured-reserve/

Rohirrim
12-10-2009, 02:43 PM
Tough break for them... cough, cough

lander
12-10-2009, 02:43 PM
The Chargers place Ogemdi Nwagbuo on IR. He had been one of their better players in the front seven of late.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/09/nwagbuo-lands-on-injured-reserve/

A promising young player but he hasn't done much the last month as he's battled injuries.

The only good thing about Jamal Williams going down so early was we picked up most of the decent DL scrubs before they were gone. So we have some depth. But OG's loss still hurts.

Doggcow
12-10-2009, 02:44 PM
A promising young player but he hasn't done much the last month as he's battled injuries.

The only good thing about Jamal Williams going down so early was we picked up most of the decent DL scrubs before they were gone. So we have some depth. But OG's loss still hurts.

Youre done!

lander
12-10-2009, 02:46 PM
Youre done!

Actually I think we're going to have to win out to clinch the #2 seed. So we're not done yet. Almost there though.

Doggcow
12-10-2009, 02:50 PM
Actually I think we're going to have to win out to clinch the #2 seed. So we're not done yet. Almost there though.

Lol, Cowboys will smash you! ROMO TO WILLIAMS IS UNSTOPPABLE!

Unless Roy drops it.

Peoples Champ
12-10-2009, 02:50 PM
that will be their excuse when they blow the divsion to the Broncos, just like my excuse for the Broncos blowing the divsision was having 7 RBs on IR.

Garcia Bronco
12-10-2009, 02:54 PM
Never want to see players lost for the year

lander
12-10-2009, 02:59 PM
You guys know the story on this kid Nwagbuo? He's a local boy and he was working at Enterprise Rent-a-Car during training camp. Ended up making the team and became the starter when Jamal went down. Pretty cool.

Doggcow
12-10-2009, 03:04 PM
You guys know the story on this kid Nwagbuo? He's a local boy and he was working at Enterprise Rent-a-Car during training camp. Ended up making the team and became the starter when Jamal went down. Pretty cool.

just a regular old Kurt ****in warner

hades
12-10-2009, 03:15 PM
just a regular old Kurt ****in warner

Minus the TP

Rohirrim
12-10-2009, 03:51 PM
Minus the TP

And the freaky wife.

NFLBRONCO
12-10-2009, 04:09 PM
Wash game really hurt Denver.

boltaneer
12-10-2009, 04:21 PM
Nwagbuo's actually the third NT the Chargers have lost now. Ryon Bingham was Jamal Williams' backup and he was lost in the pre-season.

I've said before that this defense will never be elite without Jamal and Merriman less than 100% but they need to continue to be opportunistic and keep being stingy in the red zone and let the offense carry the team.

400HZ
12-10-2009, 07:16 PM
Some fatass from the Jets practice squad got signed to take his place. Ian Scott becomes the new starter at nose guard and the Canadian that we drafted rotates in. We don't skip a beat!

I'm really excited to see Felix Jones this week.

SJ Bronco
12-10-2009, 07:22 PM
And the freaky wife.

And the 387 pound Bible to thump

ZONA
12-10-2009, 07:32 PM
Some fatass from the Jets practice squad got signed to take his place. Ian Scott becomes the new starter at nose guard and the Canadian that we drafted rotates in. We don't skip a beat!

I wouldn't be. Barber, Jones and Choice are 3 damn good runners and all 3 together will put any defense to the test.

Archer81
12-10-2009, 07:55 PM

I sense a potential oh the irony moment coming up on sunday...

:Broncos:

Dukes
12-10-2009, 08:04 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1ytCEuuW2_A&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1ytCEuuW2_A&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

400HZ
12-10-2009, 09:35 PM
I sense a potential oh the irony moment coming up on sunday...

but not the sarcasm? Come on. We're on our FOURTH nose tackle! The only thing you can do at this point is laugh.

boltaneer
12-10-2009, 09:40 PM
but not the sarcasm? Come on. We're on our FOURTH nose tackle! The only thing you can do at this point is laugh.

No kidding! What a makeshift/scrub/journeyman d-line we have! :rofl:ugh!~

broncofan2438
12-10-2009, 09:48 PM
Hasent really been a problem for you guys yet, so not to much to worry about.

Cowboys still suck in december......

Archer81
12-10-2009, 09:55 PM

I would...but having 7 RB's on IR last year numbs me from feeling much about other teams injury woes.

Xenos
12-10-2009, 11:34 PM
I wouldn't be. Barber, Jones and Choice are 3 damn good runners and all 3 together will put any defense to the test.

They would...if Jason Garret actually stops getting in his own way. Their offense is about as jerkyl and hyde as it can get when it comes to productivity. They really need a better offensive coordinator.

Kaylore
12-11-2009, 12:33 AM

http://cosmoscrystal.com/graphics/images/Calvin%20face%20evil%20smile.gif

400HZ
12-11-2009, 11:03 AM
They would...if Jason Garret actually stops getting in his own way. Their offense is about as jerkyl and hyde as it can get when it comes to productivity. They really need a better offensive coordinator.

I hope you're right. With the way the Cowboys match up, I'm fairly certain that I could coach them to 30 points. Hopefully Rivera figures out ways to hold them to FG's and #17 gets a chance to win us the game.

broncocalijohn
12-11-2009, 11:12 AM

We can one up that one. We had some thief (I meant self acclaimed bell hop) as our 7th starting running back of the season. He worked in a freaking Cell Phone store at the mall!

UberBroncoMan
12-11-2009, 12:32 PM
Not a big loss for them at all.

http://www.nfl.com/players/gamelogs?id=NWA250059

Has hardly played the last 4 games and the Chargers have done fine. Don't see this being an issue for them.

DenverBound
12-11-2009, 12:36 PM
I hope you're right. With the way the Cowboys match up, I'm fairly certain that I could coach them to 30 points. Hopefully Rivera figures out ways to hold them to FG's and #17 gets a chance to win us the game.

How do you figure #17 would win you the game? I honestly get so sick and tired of 'Rivers this' and 'Rivers that.' Rivers isn't even that good of a quarterback. Let's be real here... You guys run the most simple offensive game plan I have ever seen. Gates controls the middle. He is a freak of an athlete and can not be covered 1v1. If he is covered 1v1... Throw it to him. If he is doubled then that means either Floyd or VJ is open in which case Rivers can throw a jump ball and 8/10 they will come down with it. Mix in a few LT runs... A couple Sproles screens and with the talent you have at your receiving positions.... Viola! 40 points. You guys have a great offense because because your skill players are nightmare match-ups to most defenses.

Not saying anything bad about it but it doesn't have much to do with Rivers. He has three reads... Middle, Outside(JumpBall), screen. If I were you... I would thank God everyday for Gates and VJ. They are your entire team. Gates goes down... You don't win another game this season.

One thing I do admire about Rivers though is he seems to play with a lot of fire. He also seems like a good leader.

boltaneer
12-11-2009, 01:05 PM
Wow...

Black96WS6
12-11-2009, 01:29 PM
Wow...

x10.

I could say so many things and site so many examples, however, I'll just say must've missed the AFC Championship game with no LT and no Gates and 1 leg to stand on...

Wow is right.

DivineBronco
12-11-2009, 01:54 PM
How do you figure #17 would win you the game? I honestly get so sick and tired of 'Rivers this' and 'Rivers that.' Rivers isn't even that good of a quarterback. Let's be real here... You guys run the most simple offensive game plan I have ever seen. Gates controls the middle. He is a freak of an athlete and can not be covered 1v1. If he is covered 1v1... Throw it to him. If he is doubled then that means either Floyd or VJ is open in which case Rivers can throw a jump ball and 8/10 they will come down with it. Mix in a few LT runs... A couple Sproles screens and with the talent you have at your receiving positions.... Viola! 40 points. You guys have a great offense because because your skill players are nightmare match-ups to most defenses.

Not saying anything bad about it but it doesn't have much to do with Rivers. He has three reads... Middle, Outside(JumpBall), screen. If I were you... I would thank God everyday for Gates and VJ. They are your entire team. Gates goes down... You don't win another game this season.

One thing I do admire about Rivers though is he seems to play with a lot of fire. He also seems like a good leader.

stand up slowly and clap

JJJ
12-11-2009, 01:57 PM

Wow indeed.

The guy is going to lead the league in passer rating for 2 years in a row. Worst case he is probably 100+ for two years in a row.

He has never lost a game in December. Ever. 15-0.

Wow.

The Joker
12-11-2009, 02:10 PM
Truly unbelievable post.

cutthemdown
12-11-2009, 02:12 PM
River is a great QB. He throws deep down field and has a good comp%. Is tough and will run when he has to.

The Chargers linebackers been playing better. They are already adapting to life without Williams. I think this injury hurts them, but it doesn't kill them.

The defense is vulnerable to the run though and Dallas does that well. I really think Dallas could win this one.

Rabb
12-11-2009, 02:12 PM
I hate the Chargers as much as the next Bronco fan but you can't really deny Rivers' talent

he is a major douche, but he is a good QB

Bronco LB52
12-11-2009, 02:20 PM
I hate the Chargers as much as the next Bronco fan but you can't really deny Rivers' talent

Agreed. Over the last two seasons, he has played as well as Manning and Brees.

BlaK-Argentina
12-11-2009, 02:40 PM
I would...but having 7 RB's on IR last year numbs me from feeling much about other teams injury woes.

This. I've never seen so many injuries at one position. They were dropping like flies out there.

Anyway tough break for SD.

400HZ
12-11-2009, 07:28 PM
Not a big loss for them at all.

http://www.nfl.com/players/gamelogs?id=NWA250059

Has hardly played the last 4 games and the Chargers have done fine. Don't see this being an issue for them.

None of the six guys who had been playing d line for the Chargers were individually good, but when all six of them were decently healthy and could rotate in and out then they could perform serviceably. Depth is becoming an issue again with Nwaghbuo lost and also another guy, former KC scrub Alfonso Boone, also out this week. Guys like Cesaire and Scott can come in and compete hard for maybe 30 snaps a game, but beyond that I think it might break down. They have to compensate by playing big inside linebackers like Brandon Siler and Tim Dobbins who can deal with the wash better but who don't have the coverage skills that you want against dangerous receivers like Jason Witten.

Losing to a team full of overrated ****heads like Dallas would suck, but an out-of-conference loss isn't that bad at this point in the season. The Chargers could regain the #2 seed by beating Cincinatti the next week and hopefully Indy will manage to avoid the inevitable late season let down game for one more week. Indy is worrying me, though. Once their coach started talking about resting players down the stretch I think they lost some of their competitive spirit.

I'm hopeful that Rivers can cover up some weaknesses by scoring some early touchdowns. :)

DivineBronco
12-11-2009, 08:01 PM

yes rivers is a good QB but he is not a great QB I think that is the point....the chargers offensene runs because he is smart and talented and is always aware of where Gates is on the field...unlike evil manning who we have to face this season who could throw to anyone seemingly this season just by seeing their social security card before the game

easymobee
12-11-2009, 09:29 PM

I'm pretty sure that was Ian Scott, unless you guys had 2 players working for enterprise this year.

Which, as ****** as you are .... wouldn't surprise me at all.

-edit- I was wrong about Scott, he's not the rent a car guy. I think they saved him from Boston Market.

Xenos
12-11-2009, 09:52 PM

If you want to be simplistic about it and then that pretty much describes Brady's 2007 season as well.

Heck, how about this: When they are expecting run, you throw the ball. When they are playing pass, you run the ball.