PDA

View Full Version : Awesome Mock from Yahoo.

lex
12-10-2009, 11:47 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=tsn-mockdraftawardsshoww&prov=tsn&type=lgns

BMarsh615
12-10-2009, 11:49 AM
Are they retarded? Or do they think McDaniels is retarded?

Los Broncos
12-10-2009, 11:50 AM
TE with the first? wow, didn't see that coming, thanks for posting.

gyldenlove
12-10-2009, 11:50 AM
Absolutely awesome, there is no end to the meltdown that will follow if we draft a TE with a bad back at 10th overall.

Master___Pain
12-10-2009, 11:59 AM
Same dumbass writer said Suh won the Butkus award, you know the one that goes to the best LINEBACKER in the country. That went to McClain of Bama.

Lost all credibility before I even got to the Mock.

lex
12-10-2009, 11:59 AM
TE with the first? wow, didn't see that coming, thanks for posting.

Youre welcome. Yeah, its pretty dumb. Did you see who he has being picked immediately after we take a TE? He has two guards going back to back. How often does a guard go in the first, let alone that high,...let alone two guards going that high?

PRBronco
12-10-2009, 12:03 PM
Hahaha, he's also got back to back guards going at 11 and 12. The Chiefs only have so many picks, man.

Los Broncos
12-10-2009, 12:06 PM
Youre welcome. Yeah, its pretty dumb. Did you see who he has being picked immediately after we take a TE? He has two guards going back to back. How often does a guard go in the first, let alone that high,...let alone two guards going that high?

Yes stupid OG don't go that high and if they did we would pick one, I would assume.

But a TE because Belichick did so is pretty dumb.

Man-Goblin
12-10-2009, 12:07 PM
Broncos totally ignore the punting position; AGAIN. When will this madness stop?

vancejohnson82
12-10-2009, 12:08 PM
hahaahaha....we have like 6 TEs already

lets go sign Jeb Putzier too

Bronco LB52
12-10-2009, 12:10 PM
10th overall is pretty ****ing high for a tight end with serious back issues. Rob Gronkowski hardly saw the field this season for the Wildcats.

Tombstone RJ
12-10-2009, 12:13 PM
This mock has 5 offensive lineman going in the top 12 picks, and just one QB. Did I miss something? Is this like the strongest draft ever for offensive lineman?

Wow, I feel stupid for reading it.

Mr.Meanie
12-10-2009, 12:15 PM
Possibly the worst mock I've seen this year. Wow.

Hercules Rockefeller
12-10-2009, 12:20 PM
Eric Berry- 15th overall
McClain- not in the top 16

OBF1
12-10-2009, 12:23 PM
There are a ton of crap mocks out there now. I have seen Denver picking anywhere from 8-17. Rolando McClain seems to be the popular choice. I have also seen the following going to Denver in a few other mocks.

Jimmy Clauson
Tim Tebow

bronco militia
12-10-2009, 12:27 PM
hell would freeze over if there was no mock draft of the broncos drafting a TE in the 1st round.

every ****ing year at least one moron does it! LOL!

gyldenlove
12-10-2009, 12:31 PM
There are a ton of crap mocks out there now. I have seen Denver picking anywhere from 8-17. Rolando McClain seems to be the popular choice. I have also seen the following going to Denver in a few other mocks.

Jimmy Clauson
Tim Tebow

I don't really get picking an ILB in the 1st round, LB is a very deep position this year and do my mind there is no reason not to wait until the 2nd. A lot of good LBs have been drafted in the 2nd round lately including Posluzny, Lofton, Woodley, David Harris, Ryans, Thomas Howard, Laurinaitis and Maualuga just to mention some in the last 4 years.

I would much rather have a defensive lineman or cornerback.

OBF1
12-10-2009, 12:41 PM
I saw McClain play last weekend vs Florida and the kid really looked good.... In my opinion he made Spikes look lost and slow. I love McClains size 6-4 258lbs and at that size he is still fast and does not miss tackles. Some of the comments I have read about him are:
In the Mold of Ray Lewis.... more like a bigger and better Damico Ryan

Better than Patrick Willis

Best LB from the SEC in years.

That is some high praise, You can never have enough to talent in your front 7.

Endy
12-10-2009, 12:43 PM
Want the rest of SN’s first-round pick projections? Subscribe to The War Room now.

No.

Hercules Rockefeller
12-10-2009, 12:54 PM
I don't really get picking an ILB in the 1st round, LB is a very deep position this year and do my mind there is no reason not to wait until the 2nd. A lot of good LBs have been drafted in the 2nd round lately including Posluzny, Lofton, Woodley, David Harris, Ryans, Thomas Howard, Laurinaitis and Maualuga just to mention some in the last 4 years.

I would much rather have a defensive lineman or cornerback.

So Denver needs to spend both of their 2010 1st round picks on cornerbacks? 32 isn't old for an NFL corner, especially when they're still playing well and this team still needs help in the front 7.

gunns
12-10-2009, 01:03 PM
I saw McClain play last weekend vs Florida and the kid really looked good.... In my opinion he made Spikes look lost and slow. I love McClains size 6-4 258lbs and at that size he is still fast and does not miss tackles. Some of the comments I have read about him are:

In the Mold of Ray Lewis.... more like a bigger and better Damico Ryan

Better than Patrick Willis

Best LB from the SEC in years.

That is some high praise, You can never have enough to talent in your front 7.

Sounds like a dream to me but I think you'd be hard pressed to say someone who hasn't played in the NFL yet is better than Patrick Willis, unless of course you were referring to his college days.

OBF1
12-10-2009, 01:06 PM
Sounds like a dream to me but I think you'd be hard pressed to say someone who hasn't played in the NFL yet is better than Patrick Willis, unless of course you were referring to his college days.

Those comments were not from me... they were what I read today in other mock drafts about McClain. I said that Rolando made Spikes for Florida look slow.

bpc
12-10-2009, 01:13 PM
That dude is smoking crack rock. Berry at 15? They'll be lucky if he make it past #5.

SouthStndJunkie
12-10-2009, 01:21 PM
We have Daniel Graham, Tony Scheffler, and spent 2 3rd round picks to move up and take Richard Quinn in the 2nd round.

Denver is one of the deeper teams in the league when it comes to tight ends.

bronco militia
12-10-2009, 01:22 PM
We have Daniel Graham, Tony Scheffler, and spent 2 3rd round picks to move up and take Richard Quinn in the 2nd round.

Denver is one of the deeper teams in the league when it comes to tight ends.

a quick glance would tell you that

lex
12-10-2009, 01:25 PM
Those comments were not from me... they were what I read today in other mock drafts about McClain. I said that Rolando made Spikes for Florida look slow.

Yeah, McClain is a better athlete...he's better at the basics like tracking a ball carrier and making a tackle. If anything, Spikes might give you a little bit more of a play maker in the passing game. Spikes is good at blitzing and playing the ball while its in the air. Im not saying Spikes sucks against the run or that McClain sucks against the pass either. At this point Id rather have McClain. Spikes has had some really good games but also some really bad ones. Spikes has had dings though so maybe that plays in.

gyldenlove
12-10-2009, 01:25 PM
So Denver needs to spend both of their 2010 1st round picks on cornerbacks? 32 isn't old for an NFL corner, especially when they're still playing well and this team still needs help in the front 7.

Who do we have at CB? Champ is going to get old sooner rather than later and god forbid he gets injured again. Goodman is looking decent when covering the other teams number 2 guy, but we have all seen him get abused this year in matchups. The only thing Al Smith has done to remind of us of his existence the last couple of weeks were his 3 penalties against the Chiefs, in fact he is so good that we brought in a 35 year old to take his spot.

We need depth at CB and fast, Champ and Goodman should be able to start next year with no problem barring injury, but after that it is anyones guess considering Champ is up for a new deal soon as well. As we have seen so beautifully demonstrated spending a high draft pick on a CB is no guarantee they will contribute right away (Al Smith), so lets make sure we have some decent depth in place before we need it.

How many starting CBs in the league are 33 or older? Charles Woodson, Al Harris, Mike Mckenzie, I can't think of anyone else.

Hercules Rockefeller
12-10-2009, 01:33 PM
Who do we have at CB? Champ is going to get old sooner rather than later and god forbid he gets injured again. Goodman is looking decent when covering the other teams number 2 guy, but we have all seen him get abused this year in matchups. The only thing Al Smith has done to remind of us of his existence the last couple of weeks were his 3 penalties against the Chiefs, in fact he is so good that we brought in a 35 year old to take his spot.

We need depth at CB and fast, Champ and Goodman should be able to start next year with no problem barring injury, but after that it is anyones guess considering Champ is up for a new deal soon as well. As we have seen so beautifully demonstrated spending a high draft pick on a CB is no guarantee they will contribute right away (Al Smith), so lets make sure we have some decent depth in place before we need it.

How many starting CBs in the league are 33 or older? Charles Woodson, Al Harris, Mike Mckenzie, I can't think of anyone else.

You don't use 1st round picks for depth.

Pony Boy
12-10-2009, 01:35 PM
Yep, 16 picks and Bradford and MCoy still on the the board......:saywhat:

Mr.Meanie
12-10-2009, 01:36 PM

In the Patriot system, rookies aren't drafted to come in and play right away. Even Merriweather didn't have a standout rookie year, but look at him now. The only time the Pats ever get serious production out of their players is if they are absolute beasts right out of the gate (Jerod Mayo).

A. Smith was drafted to learn behind the vets, and that's exactly what he's doing. It's as if we are using our mid-20's pick this year and drafting a ball-hawking corner, except we have an extra year of him learning from the best in the league and acclimating to NFL speed.

The days of drafting pure need and expecting instant contributions left the Broncos with Shanahan.

gyldenlove
12-10-2009, 01:39 PM
In the Patriot system, rookies aren't drafted to come in and play right away. Even Merriweather didn't have a standout rookie year, but look at him now. The only time the Pats ever get serious production out of their players is if they are absolute beasts right out of the gate (Jerod Mayo).

A. Smith was drafted to learn behind the vets, and that's exactly what he's doing. It's as if we are using our mid-20's pick this year and drafting a ball-hawking corner, except we have an extra year of him learning from the best in the league and acclimating to NFL speed.

The days of drafting pure need and expecting instant contributions left the Broncos with Shanahan.

Tell that to Knowshon Moreno.

gyldenlove
12-10-2009, 01:42 PM
You don't use 1st round picks for depth.

How do you explain Robert Ayers?

Hercules Rockefeller
12-10-2009, 01:47 PM
How do you explain Robert Ayers?

Ayers was a depth pick? That's news to me.

But it's just awesome though, Denver will most likely be 10-15 spots ahead of where their record would place them in a deep draft, and we have people calling for a cornerback because Champ might not be as good in a few years as he is now.

Corner is also one of Denver's strongest units, unlike the Front 7 that Ayers is a part of. So, not really the best comparison when everyone thought the Front 7 would suck donkey balls coming into this season. McDaniels was actually addressing a need with that pick.

Rohirrim
12-10-2009, 01:51 PM
The thing I'm real curious to see is how many juniors come out. This could be the most "flooded" draft in history. We could even have a furious day three.

lex
12-10-2009, 01:59 PM
Ayers was a depth pick? That's news to me.

But it's just awesome though, Denver will most likely be 10-15 spots ahead of where their record would place them in a deep draft, and we have people calling for a cornerback because Champ might not be as good in a few years as he is now.

Corner is also one of Denver's strongest units, unlike the Front 7 that Ayers is a part of. So, not really the best comparison when everyone thought the Front 7 would suck donkey balls coming into this season. McDaniels was actually addressing a need with that pick.

There's probably more help at CB in FA than LB or DL.

Houshyamama
12-10-2009, 02:04 PM
Have any of you seen any mocks worth reading? This is the first I've seen and I feel like throwing up... I didn't know mocks even came out this time of year before the draft order was at least a bit more solidified.

lex
12-10-2009, 02:08 PM
Have any of you seen any mocks worth reading? This is the first I've seen and I feel like throwing up... I didn't know mocks even came out this time of year before the draft order was at least a bit more solidified.

Walter started having some decent ones (for us anyway) going back a few weeks. I think one had us taking McClain, Odrick, and Canfield.

Edit-- Yeah, they had switched McClain with Haden. Now they have us with McClain again.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2010.php

And then in the 3nd, Mike Neal???

Hogan11
12-10-2009, 02:13 PM
A TE....that's awesome alright.

Houshyamama
12-10-2009, 02:16 PM
Walter started having some decent ones (for us anyway) going back a few weeks. I think one had us taking McClain, Odrick, and Canfield.

Edit-- Yeah, they had switched McClain with Haden. Now they have us with McClain again.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2010.php

And then in the 3nd, Mike Neal???

thanks Lex

Rohirrim
12-10-2009, 02:48 PM
The Huddle Report has us taking Marvin Austin, DT, UNC
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=68452&draftyear=2011&genpos=DT

BTW, CBS is announcing that Brian Kelly is taking the Notre Dame job.

snowspot66
12-10-2009, 02:52 PM
A TE....that's awesome alright.

It's par for the course. Wasn't a TE the top pick for us two years running now in the mock drafts?

baja
12-10-2009, 02:59 PM
The thing I'm real curious to see is how many juniors come out. This could be the most "flooded" draft in history. We could even have a furious day three.

There will be some pure gold still available after the draft.

Bronco Bob
12-10-2009, 03:06 PM
Absolutely awesome, there is no end to the meltdown that will follow if we draft a TE with a bad back at 10th overall.

Hey, Arizona is going to the Holiday Bowl. Oh, wait, they went anyway even
though Gronkowski was out for the entire season, and Arizona's entire offense
was built around Gronkowski.

Broncoman13
12-10-2009, 05:35 PM
That dude is smoking crack rock. Berry at 15? They'll be lucky if he make it past #5.

That is what I was thinking... you let a guy like Berry pass and you're going to regret it. That dude is another Ed Reed/Michael Griffin/Troy Palamalu type talent. If we pick at #10 I wouldn't mind it if he were the pick. The chances are very slim b/c of the depth at the position currently, but he would be an upgrade for sure. Mt. Cody is the guy I really want. We can get after the QB pretty well now. A clogger in the middle is the key right now.

lex
12-10-2009, 11:29 PM
That is what I was thinking... you let a guy like Berry pass and you're going to regret it. That dude is another Ed Reed/Michael Griffin/Troy Palamalu type talent. If we pick at #10 I wouldn't mind it if he were the pick. The chances are very slim b/c of the depth at the position currently, but he would be an upgrade for sure. Mt. Cody is the guy I really want. We can get after the QB pretty well now. A clogger in the middle is the key right now.

Im not averse to taking Cody but Baker has looked like he might have some promise and also, maybe someone like Dan Williams can do a good job at NT. I also like McClain too though. I think theres less of a bust factor with him. It would be an interesting dilemma if we're drafting at 8 or 9 and someone like Berry falls to us with all the QBs entering the draft. You also have a couple of DTs who could go top 10. We took a lot of safeties last year but if someone like Berry AND McClain are there, what then?

bpc
12-11-2009, 12:42 AM
Cody's troubles have been listed. I'm not that high on him. Maybe he's the next coming of Gilbert Brown. Much different game in the NFL vs. college for a guy that plays as seldom as 30-40% of the defensive snaps for his team.

McClain has some skills, notably his measurables, size and speed ratio. When I watch him on film though I see a motor that's very hot and cold. Too much jogging for me at points. He looks like a Chris Claiborne clone. He isn't as good a player as DJ Williams was in college.

If we stay at #9 or 10, QB, WR, and DL/LB should be area we stick around. I like Clausen, Golden Tate, Dez Bryant or possibly Derrick Morgan should we stick around there.

Natedog24
12-11-2009, 12:48 AM
Gronkowski is going to be a monster on Sundays but there is no chance in hell that Denver is going to draft him there.

DivineLegion
12-12-2009, 08:06 AM
McClain is at the top of my draft list, we have young talent along the d-line with McBean and Baker (If he develops). DJ, and McClain on the inside with Doom and Ayers on the outside would be an orange crush esque linebacking core.

brncs_fan
12-12-2009, 08:39 AM

If I am a junior I am definitely coming out with the threat of a lockout looming. Try to get the dollars that you can before those paychecks stop.

elsid13
12-12-2009, 09:11 AM
Gronkowski is a stud, but I don't think he coming out this draft. He staying in school and be a top 15 pick next season. I would love to have Gronkowski on the team.

elsid13
12-12-2009, 09:12 AM
Yep, 16 picks and Bradford and MCoy still on the the board......:saywhat:

McCoy isn't going in the first. He a solid round 2 guy. And Bradford shoulder will drive him down unless team like the Skins fall in love with him.

elsid13
12-12-2009, 09:17 AM
Mock from the sporting news, enough said

BroncoInferno
12-12-2009, 09:22 AM
Cody's troubles have been listed. I'm not that high on him. Maybe he's the next coming of Gilbert Brown. Much different game in the NFL vs. college for a guy that plays as seldom as 30-40% of the defensive snaps for his team.

Agreed. A lot of folks don't even consider him a first round prospect for the reasons you mentioned.

HILife
12-12-2009, 12:52 PM
Terrible Mock. On defense I vote for D-line, if not then LB. If Eric Berry is there (more then likely not) the go with that pick. On Offense I want a QB, but i can see McDaniels picking WR.