PDA

View Full Version : Chad Ochocinco plans another name change

HEAV
12-10-2009, 09:49 AM
He made the announcement on Sunday morning before the game against the Lions. This time, the new name will be "Hachi Go," which is Japanese for "Eight Five." From Glenn S. Moore at The Dugout Sports Show:

"I'm not sure how Mr. Goodell is going to take it," Ochocinco said as he held up the jersey.

But why "Hachi Go"?

A Japanese film crew was in town a couple weeks ago to do a piece on the Bengals for a NFL show over there. They said all NFL fans in Japan know who Chad Ochocinco(notes) is and they seriously made a proposal to Chad to change his last name to "Hachi Go".

"Some fans of mine that are Japanese said I should change my last name to 'Hachi Go'."

http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_nfl_experts__19/ept_sports_nfl_experts-35616357-1260449709.jpg?ymtOoVCD4YC0aNmz

vancejohnson82
12-10-2009, 09:53 AM
this guy is clinically insane....

but he seems like a nice guy overall....hes never been in trouble and it just seems like he has a knack for marketing himself..

the big question is what he will do after football is over to stay in the spotlight

broncocalijohn
12-10-2009, 09:56 AM
this guy is clinically insane....

but he seems like a nice guy overall....hes never been in trouble and it just seems like he has a knack for marketing himself..

the big question is what he will do after football is over to stay in the spotlight

well, if he is insane, he will knife two people and go for a ride in Carson Palmser's Ford Explorer.

missingnumber7
12-10-2009, 09:58 AM
Attention whore

RhymesayersDU
12-10-2009, 10:07 AM
One of these days we really have to get these field negroes to know their place again. Seen and not heard.

/the chad johnson haters

OBF1
12-10-2009, 10:13 AM
Next thing you know, Chad will start making polls on his twitter account.

ColoradoDarin
12-10-2009, 10:26 AM
He screwed up with the Ochodinko anyways. He's Eighty-five not Eight-Five. Let's not make the same mistake in another language Chad.

The Joker
12-10-2009, 10:30 AM
Gonna be a rough night for Sassy.

mr007
12-10-2009, 10:32 AM
Chad's freakin' hilarious. Too bad there's not more people like him in the league.

Man-Goblin
12-10-2009, 10:37 AM
Chad's freakin' hilarious. Too bad there's not more people like him in the league.

I think he's great, but too many would be stale.

Arkansas Bronco
12-10-2009, 10:42 AM
He should change his last name to "onlybengalnotonprobation"

bronco militia
12-10-2009, 10:46 AM
skip the name change 8 5.....

if you really want to be famous , go get married and then get caught banging 10 more attention whores

bfoflcommish
12-10-2009, 10:48 AM
He screwed up with the Ochodinko anyways. He's Eighty-five not Eight-Five. Let's not make the same mistake in another language Chad.

It wasnt a mistake and he knows what he did!

Quoydogs
12-10-2009, 10:49 AM

I agree 100% and I don't know if he screwed up with the numbers. When I was playing ball, coach would yell out something like good job two, one not twenty one.

SJ Bronco
12-10-2009, 10:49 AM
I love Chad. He's an entertainer and he knows it. more importantly, as entertaining as he is. By all accounts, he works hard and does actually respect his opponents. With the NFL being the ultimate in "killjoy" we need a few more guys that can find creative ways within' the rules to entertain. Like someone said, too many would make it stale, but one or two more would be fun.

tsiguy96
12-10-2009, 10:52 AM
I love Chad. He's an entertainer and he knows it. more importantly, as entertaining as he is. By all accounts, he works hard and does actually respect his opponents. With the NFL being the ultimate in "killjoy" we need a few more guys that can find creative ways within' the rules to entertain. Like someone said, too many would make it stale, but one or two more would be fun.

i agree 100%

hes not doing this to piss people off, hes doing it to have fun, and no amount of NFL fines will stop him from doing harmless stuff that he considers fun. he warns the NFL to get ready to fine him.

ak1971
12-10-2009, 11:05 AM
Im changing my name to Tengoadickmasivo

Beantown Bronco
12-10-2009, 11:07 AM
I agree 100% and I don't know if he screwed up with the numbers. When I was playing ball, coach would yell out something like good job two, one not twenty one.

Only problem with that theory is that, pre-2009, before he made the original name change, he always referred to himself as "Eighty five" during press conferences and informal interviews in the lockerroom, not "Eight five". He obviously screwed up.

SJ Bronco
12-10-2009, 11:14 AM
Only problem with that theory is that, pre-2009, before he made the original name change, he always referred to himself as "Eighty five" during press conferences and informal interviews in the lockerroom, not "Eight five". He obviously screwed up.

Yeah, but I still think it's funny either way, and I think that was his intention. i think he screwed up the original quote when he first tagged himself "ocho cinqo", even then someone probably tipped him off, but it's too late, it's a moniker at that point. The name change was more after the quote than the #. My thought anyway.

Mr.Meanie
12-10-2009, 11:16 AM
haha. awesome

UberBroncoMan
12-10-2009, 11:20 AM
I'm actually for this. It's funny. It's going to be even more funny to hear the announcers call him Hachi Go.

boltaneer
12-10-2009, 11:42 AM

I don't think he screwed up.

"Hachi Go" is Eight-Five in Japanese so he's using the same format as he did with "Ocho Cinco"

I think he chose "Ocho Cinco" and "Hachi Go" because both are simpler and easier than "Eighty Five" and counting from one to ten is one of the first things you usually learn in a foreign language so these words are likely more familiar to people than "Eighty Five" in any language.

Whatever the reason it's pretty funny. I hope he changes it to a different language every year! :)

gyldenlove
12-10-2009, 11:45 AM
What is next, Chad Femogfirs? Chad Funfundachtzig?

bowtown
12-10-2009, 11:47 AM
I know which jersey just moved to the top of Hogan's Christmas list.

Los Broncos
Paging Hogan, what do you think about this guy?

gyldenlove
I don't think he screwed up.

"Hachi Go" is Eight-Five in Japanese so he's using the same format as he did with "Ocho Cinco"

I think he chose "Ocho Cinco" and "Hachi Go" because both are simpler and easier than "Eighty Five" and counting from one to ten is one of the first things you usually learn in a foreign language so these words are likely more familiar to people than "Eighty Five" in any language.

Whatever the reason it's pretty funny. I hope he changes it to a different language every year! :)

That would be Chad Otte Fem in Danish and Chad Acht Funf in German and Chad Huid Cinq in French, Chad Otto Cinque in Italian.

Hogan11
12-10-2009, 01:55 PM
Paging Hogan, what do you think about this guy?

Didn't you get the memo from the Chad Nutgarglers? Saying anything against him or his antics is racist!! ::)

hambone13
12-10-2009, 02:18 PM
I just don't find any comedy in anything he does. He and Portis are attention whores who are acting like fools to get more press IMO. I don't find the repetitive humor in what they do/did funny beyond perhaps the first or second time. After that it's just lame and fails. Do something original or even remotely creative and/or witty and I'm all for it but he and Portis have the comedy IQ of a dill pickle. I could find more laughs in a Bazooka gum wrapper or perhaps I'll seek my next good belly laugh from a really clever knock knock joke.

Paladin
12-10-2009, 02:28 PM

He will become Superviser of Officials in the NFL......

hambone13
12-10-2009, 02:33 PM
Didn't you get the memo from the Chad Nutgarglers? Saying anything against him or his antics is racist!! ::)

:rofl:
Now that's funny...

bfoflcommish
12-10-2009, 02:40 PM
I just don't find any comedy in anything he does. He and Portis are attention whores who are acting like fools to get more press IMO. I don't find the repetitive humor in what they do/did funny beyond perhaps the first or second time. After that it's just lame and fails. Do something original or even remotely creative and/or witty and I'm all for it but he and Portis have the comedy IQ of a dill pickle. I could find more laughs in a Bazooka gum wrapper or perhaps I'll seek my next good belly laugh from a really clever knock knock joke.

so true, i mean the wearing of a sombrero since you changed name to ocho chinco, and the wearing a fake HOF jacket, and the cheerleader marriage proposal after a score are ALL played out and unoriginal

hambone13
12-10-2009, 02:52 PM
so true, i mean the wearing of a sombrero since you changed name to ocho chinco, and the wearing a fake HOF jacket, and the cheerleader marriage proposal after a score are ALL played out and unoriginal

Yeah, you're right. All of those things are hilarious....to a 10 year old. The HOF jacket was just flat out arrogant.

bfoflcommish
12-10-2009, 02:58 PM
Yeah, you're right. All of those things are hilarious....to a 10 year old. The HOF jacket was just flat out arrogant.

to each thier own I guess. some people are serious most of thier life and others have a little fun with life every so often.

hambone13
12-10-2009, 03:07 PM
to each thier own I guess. some people are serious most of thier life and others have a little fun with life every so often.

I'm all for some fun. Who was that backup linebacker that played for us a couple of years back, special teams captain? His name is escaping me...now that guy was damn funny. Shannon Sharpe, Mark Schlereth, Alfred Williams, Scott Hastings, are all entertaining, many of which in a goofy kind of way as well. I just find his sense of humor socially retarded. A sombrero? That's about as entertaining as a mime in the park.

bfoflcommish
12-10-2009, 03:15 PM
I'm all for some fun. Who was that backup linebacker that played for us a couple of years back, special teams captain? His name is escaping me...now that guy was damn funny. Shannon Sharpe, Mark Schlereth, Alfred Williams, Scott Hastings, are all entertaining, many of which in a goofy kind of way as well. I just find his sense of humor socially retarded. A sombrero? That's about as entertaining as a mime in the park.

sharpe yes...but alfred williams and scott hastings are NOT funny in any way shape or form.

Finger Roll
12-10-2009, 03:47 PM
I love this guys humor.

Los Broncos
12-10-2009, 03:57 PM

:giggle: Good one.

Taco John
12-10-2009, 04:03 PM

Yeah, I don't get that. People have a natural tendancy to despise self promoters. I don't understand how anyone can twist that natural tendancy into something racist.

Taco John
12-10-2009, 04:07 PM
On the other hand though, I think what Chad is doing is smart. He's chasing the marketing dollars while they're there, and with this move he's expanding his market. The guy is expanding the potential of his marketing dollars. He's probably expanding the length of time he'll be able to garner those dollars as well. I think that the guy is a fascinating study into marketing.

Houshyamama
12-10-2009, 04:08 PM
The Bengals should retire the jersey of some random guy from their past that wore 85 forcing Hachi Go to wear a different number after he changes his name again. That would be hilarious.