PDA

View Full Version : McDaniel's Has a Plethra of QB's to choose from in 2010.

rastaman
12-09-2009, 05:48 PM
FRANCHISE STARS

1. Sam Bradford, Oklahoma (Jr.)
2. Jevan Snead, Ole Miss (Jr.)
3. Tim Tebow, Florida
4. Colt McCoy, Texas

LIKELY STARTERS

5. Jimmy Clausen, Notre Dame (Jr.)
6. Dan LeFevour, Central Michigan
7. Zac Robinson, Oklahoma State
8. Tim Hiller, Western Michigan

BEST OF THE REST

9. Colin Kaepernick, Nevada (Jr.)
10. Case Keenum, Houston (Jr.)
11. Jarrett Brown, West Virginia
12. Rusty Smith, Florida Atlantic
13. Juice Williams, Illinois
14. Max Hall, BYU
15. Tony Pike, Cincinnati
16. Joe Webb, UAB
17. Adam Weber, Minnesota (Jr.)
18. Todd Reesing, Kansas
19. Tyler Sheehan, Bowling Green
20. Jake Locker, Washington (Jr.)
21. Daryll Clark, Penn State
22. Andy Schmitt, Eastern Michigan
23. Greg Alexander, Hawaii
24. Ricky Stanzi, Iowa (Jr.)
25. Chris Turner, Maryland

DBroncos4life
12-09-2009, 06:01 PM
Jimmy Clausen is better then 2,3,and 4 on that list.

Inkana7
12-09-2009, 06:02 PM
1A. Kyle Orton

bap454
12-09-2009, 06:04 PM
Kind of surprising to see Locker of WU and Clausen down so far down. From what i have been seeing , they both are predicted to go very early in the first round. Rumor is Clausen is coveted by the Faiders... just saying.

OBF1
12-09-2009, 06:04 PM
Jake Locker so far down the list shows how little you know.

broncogary
12-09-2009, 06:06 PM
Kind of surprising to see Locker of WU and Clausen down so far down. From what i have been seeing , they both are predicted to go very early in the first round. Rumor is Clausen is coveted by the Faiders... just saying.

Why? rastaman made the list. :)

Mr.Meanie
12-09-2009, 06:06 PM
Whats a plethra?

broncogary
12-09-2009, 06:07 PM
Whats a plethra?

A bnch.

TheDave
12-09-2009, 06:07 PM

Tebow listed as a "Franchise Star" is what got me...

cutler_to_marshall
12-09-2009, 06:24 PM
not to mention jevan snead as well. The guy makes too many mistakes and isnt nearly accurate enough.

Lev Vyvanse
12-09-2009, 06:29 PM

I don't get the Locker love. Bad record and bad stats.

GoBroncos84
12-09-2009, 06:42 PM
Ryan Mallett should also be on the list. Lost of flaws with that ordering

SoDak Bronco
12-09-2009, 06:45 PM

LOL

Bronco Boy
12-09-2009, 06:47 PM
Have you actually studied these QB's in depth or did you just put them in a random order?

loborugger
12-09-2009, 06:53 PM
http://www.oldmovies.net.au/userimages/user1367_1160664128.jpg

Rastaman, would you say I have a plethra of QBs?

Yes, El McD, you have a plethra.

Rastaman, what is a plethra?

elsid13
12-09-2009, 06:59 PM

Have you watched him this season? Because he showing the potential to be the first QB taken.

elsid13
12-09-2009, 07:00 PM
BTW that list must be stolen from someone post earlier in the season. It is out of date.

TheDave
12-09-2009, 07:04 PM
BTW that list must be stolen from someone post earlier in the season. It is out of date.

Looks like a slightly modified version of this list...

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=435708&sid=4948ca59c5b5a0c9cd9cfc4dd1ff98d5

Lev Vyvanse
12-09-2009, 07:06 PM
Have you watched him this season? Because he showing the potential to be the first QB taken.

Only once. However it looks like has as many bad games as he does great games. Did you watch him play Stanford, Arizona State, or Oregon?

ak1971
12-09-2009, 07:07 PM
To everyone out there who wanted Cutler... or Simms.... or Cassell... Go right ahead and suck my sweaty taint! I ****ing rule bitches!!

Lev Vyvanse
12-09-2009, 07:09 PM

Looks like it is. Cut and paste from here:
http://cfn.scout.com/2/855299.html

He's done this before. In this thread he steals a bad joke from another forum and passes it off as his own:
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=83414
Canít you get banned for plagiarism?

elsid13
12-09-2009, 07:13 PM
Only once. However it looks like has as many bad games as he does great games. Did you watch him play Stanford, Arizona State, or Oregon?

Yes, I have seen most of his games including those listed and USC, LSU and Oregon, ND. His stats are bad because of his supporting cast and not because of how he has played. When the QB is delivering the ball on target and WR is dropping it, that show up on the QB stats but it is the WR fault. Locker has blossomed under Sarkisian's coaching this season and show flashes of being a very very good pro-prospect. He is in similar situation to Elway at Stanford, great player on crappy young team.

Lev Vyvanse
12-09-2009, 07:19 PM
Yes, I have seen most of his games including those listed and USC, LSU and Oregon, ND. His stats are bad because of his supporting cast and not because of how he has played. When the QB is delivering the ball on target and WR is dropping it, that show up on the QB stats but it is the WR fault. Locker has blossomed under Sarkisian's coaching this season and show flashes of being a very very good pro-prospect. He is in similar situation to Elway at Stanford, great player on crappy young team.

Elway was setting Pac 10 records, so that might be a little different. But you're right, I haven't watch him play enough to make any real judgments.

elsid13
12-09-2009, 07:21 PM
Elway was setting Pac 10 records so that might be a little different.

I'm not trying to compare the two, but compare their situations.

Bronco Boy
12-09-2009, 07:22 PM
I hope he plagiarizes a list of linebackers next!

DeusExManning
12-09-2009, 07:24 PM
Locker will be taken in the first round, plus everybody is saying the Stanford quarterback is going to come out and will be the first player taken.

SJ Bronco
12-09-2009, 07:25 PM
Tim Tebow? Really?

SJ Bronco
12-09-2009, 07:25 PM
Locker will be taken in the first round, plus everybody is saying the Stanford quarterback is going to come out and will be the first player taken.

Stanford Qb is a redshirt frosh

Bronco Boy
12-09-2009, 07:26 PM
Stanford Qb is a redshirt frosh

Yeah, but everybody is saying it dude. Everybody.

ZONA
12-09-2009, 07:32 PM
Tom Brandstater. He's already got a year of NFL on the rest of those guys. I still would draft somebody to replace Simms but surely not a high pick. Maybe use a 4th round pick on the QB. I sure hope they take OL and DL in the first 3 rounds.

SJ Bronco
12-09-2009, 07:33 PM
Yeah, but everybody is saying it dude. Everybody.

As someone who knows...trust me, it ain't so. He's having surgery on his finger anyway and won't even play in the sun bowl most likely....

SJ Bronco
12-09-2009, 07:35 PM
Also, don't you have to be in your 3rd year of college to declare for the draft?

edit: Looked it up, the rule says 3 years out of HS...

elsid13
12-09-2009, 07:37 PM
Also, don't you have to be in your 3rd year of college to declare for the draft?

3rd year from the graduation of your high school class.

elsid13
12-09-2009, 07:39 PM

Andrew Luck is not eligible this year. The PAC-10 is going to have some great QBs next season.

SJ Bronco
12-09-2009, 07:40 PM
3rd year from the graduation of your high school class.

Luck attended Stratford High School class of 2008

RhymesayersDU
12-09-2009, 07:41 PM
ROFL @ Tebow being on the "franchise" stars list.

As a TE maybe.

SJ Bronco
12-09-2009, 07:42 PM
Andrew Luck is not eligible this year. The PAC-10 is going to have some great QBs next season.

It doesn't matter, i met the kid, he knows he is still green.

SJ Bronco
12-09-2009, 07:43 PM
ROFL @ Tebow being on the "franchise" stars list.

As a TE maybe.

Yeah, i caught that too. I've been wrong before, but I just don't see him as a pro QB.

misturanderson
12-09-2009, 07:47 PM
I hope the NFL scouts grade out Tony Pike that badly and we're able to pick him up in the 4th round. That would be a steal. The dude is practically identical to Bradford, without the Heisman and with a better arm. Too bad NFL scouts aren't as dumb as rastaman.

theAPAOps5
12-09-2009, 07:49 PM
LOL I stopped reading at Tebow as franchise star! Spit my soda out actually.

misturanderson
12-09-2009, 07:50 PM
Looks like it is. Cut and paste from here:
http://cfn.scout.com/2/855299.html

He's done this before. In this thread he steals a bad joke from another forum and passes it off as his own:
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=83414
Canít you get banned for plagiarism?

And he chose such a relevant and current article to cut and paste from. August of 2009.

ZONA
12-09-2009, 08:13 PM

I agree, I think Foles and AZ are ready for a break out year. They were so close this year and Foles was only a soph.

SJ Bronco
12-09-2009, 08:19 PM
I agree, I think Foles and AZ are ready for a break out year. They were so close this year and Foles was only a soph.

It's gonna suck to be Washington St next year!ROFL!

Archer81
12-09-2009, 08:25 PM
Did someone say...

Plethora?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-mTUmczVdik&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-mTUmczVdik&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:Broncos:

scorpio
12-09-2009, 08:25 PM
Plethra.

lex
12-09-2009, 08:28 PM
Elway was setting Pac 10 records, so that might be a little different. But you're right, I haven't watch him play enough to make any real judgments.

Except according to monkeyboy, Elway was just an average player at Stanford.

extralife
12-09-2009, 08:29 PM
man, eight starting QBs in one draft. pretty good

Archer81
12-09-2009, 08:32 PM
Lot of QB depth this year. Im not shocked if one of the 8 end up a Bronco.

lex
12-09-2009, 08:33 PM
http://walterfootball.com/draft2010QB.php

Walter has/had us taking Canfield at one point in the 3rd and he's not even on mock's list.

Like some have said, I like Pike. He showed a lot of competitive spirit last weekend. It wasnt going well for him. He had a yelling match with the coach. He was almost pulled. But immediately after that he came out on fire. He was very impressive.

Archer81
12-09-2009, 08:35 PM
I wonder what the Mane would be like if Clausen or Tebow are selected...this place will split yet again and we will have threads about players they should have taken...

ED REEEEEEEEEEED...

SJ Bronco
12-09-2009, 08:42 PM
I wonder what the Mane would be like if Clausen or Tebow are selected...this place will split yet again and we will have threads about players they should have taken...

ED REEEEEEEEEEED...

I wasn't real impressed with Clausen after seeing him in person. Of course the mighty cardinal defense and my homer glasses are part of it. ;D

DBroncos4life
12-09-2009, 08:55 PM
http://walterfootball.com/draft2010QB.php

Walter has/had us taking Canfield at one point in the 3rd and he's not even on mock's list.

Like some have said, I like Pike. He showed a lot of competitive spirit last weekend. It wasnt going well for him. He had a yelling match with the coach. He was almost pulled. But immediately after that he came out on fire. He was very impressive.

Canfield looks impressive but he is left handed. That really makes having a elite LT worthless.

Lolad
12-09-2009, 08:58 PM
I say we take Bradford when he falls to the 2nd or 3rd round.

lex
12-09-2009, 09:04 PM
Canfield looks impressive but he is left handed. That really makes having a elite LT worthless.

Doesnt he also have a wooden leg?

Jekyll15Hyde
12-09-2009, 09:06 PM
get real.... Tebow is not a franchise star QB.

If you really think that, then I would really have to call into question your football IQ

misturanderson
12-09-2009, 09:08 PM
get real.... Tebow is not a franchise star QB.

If you really think that, then I would really have to call into question your football IQ

He doesn't think anything, he just copied it from a site that posted that before the college season even started.

broncocalijohn
12-09-2009, 09:08 PM
not to mention jevan snead as well. The guy makes too many mistakes and isnt nearly accurate enough.

well, he has got at least 1/2 of what Rastaman looks for a QB. If he got that Cutler, franchise ability, he will be high on Rasta's list. Pike from Cinci not on the list. Locker at #20....LOL!

bombay
12-09-2009, 09:19 PM
Mallet has a very similar skill set to Cutler. I think the question is whether he is smarter and more disciplined or not.

Saw on a different forum that the Rams had thoughts of hiring Weis as OC and drafting Clausen.

Archer81
12-09-2009, 09:21 PM
Locker is leaving college early? I thought he was sticking around for his senior season?

DBroncos4life
12-09-2009, 09:25 PM
Doesnt he also have a wooden leg?

LOL I don't know anything about that. He was voted first team Pac 10 by the coaches and he was completing 70% of his passes this year. Scout has him as a 4th to 5th rounder.

lex
12-09-2009, 09:25 PM
Mallet has a very similar skill set to Cutler. I think the question is whether he is smarter and more disciplined or not.

Saw on a different forum that the Rams had thoughts of hiring Weis as OC and drafting Clausen.

I think Mallett throws a better deep ball. Jay seemed to have a lot of misfires on deep passes the past couple of years.

jebures
12-09-2009, 09:28 PM
some changes

FRANCHISE STARS

1. Sam Bradford, Oklahoma (Jr.)=
no, never really liked him and shoulder is a concern
2. Jevan Snead, Ole Miss (Jr.) =should be in the best of the rest category, not a great QB
3. Tim Tebow, Florida
=not a chance, not accurate enough for McD
4. Colt McCoy, Texas
=YES please, really like him

LIKELY STARTERS

5. Jimmy Clausen, Notre Dame (Jr.)
should be higher up on this list, if he is there where we pick then yes
6. Dan LeFevour, Central Michigan
loves this guy as wel
7. Zac Robinson, Oklahoma State

BEST OF THE REST

all of the following guys will not be any better than Brandstater so no thanks

10. Case Keenum, Houston (Jr.)
14. Max Hall, BYU
15. Tony Pike, Cincinnati
16. Joe Webb, UAB
18. Todd Reesing, Kansas
20. Jake Locker, Washington (Jr.)

theAPAOps5
12-09-2009, 09:39 PM
Except according to monkeyboy, Elway was just an average player at Stanford.

I find it comical you are calling out posters when you and your drama queen antics are the butt of so many jokes. Thank God the Mane doesn't boot you because you open your mouth and make a fool of yourself everyday! If anyone is the monkey its you my friend. Now go back to pretending to be a legit human being who contributes to society. We all know you live in Mom's basement and have very little will to live! I remember you trying to say you were a vet! Only to be destroyed by the real Vets here. God its pathetic watching you! :)

Oh and if you are wondering, your name here is Puppet. Because its so easy to make you dance. Just bring up Denver selecting Clady over Mendenhall and you dance all over.

Br0nc0Buster
12-09-2009, 09:44 PM
I find it comical you are calling out posters when you and your drama queen antics are the butt of so many jokes. Thank God the Mane doesn't boot you because you open your mouth and make a fool of yourself everyday! If anyone is the monkey its you my friend. Now go back to pretending to be a legit human being who contributes to society. We all know you live in Mom's basement and have very little will to live! I remember you trying to say you were a vet! Only to be destroyed by the real Vets here. God its pathetic watching you! :)

Oh and if you are wondering, your name here is Puppet. Because its so easy to make you dance. Just bring up Denver selecting Clady over Mendenhall and you dance all over.

Hilarious!

I knew lex was a pathetic douche, but pretending to be a vet on teh internetz.....that is just sad

theAPAOps5
12-09-2009, 09:48 PM
Hilarious!

I knew lex was a pathetic douche, but pretending to be a vet on teh internetz.....that is just sad

Well its not right of me to say if he is a real vet or not but he made some crazy posts and was destroyed by our true blue vets on the board. He was ridiculed basically! Made me think he made ANOTHER outrageous claim only to be destroyed.

UberBroncoMan
12-09-2009, 10:00 PM

Yeah I was going to mention that also... makes absolutly no sense he isn't higher up.

BroncoMan4ever
12-09-2009, 10:28 PM
i am sorry, but i don't see a Peyton Manning, or an Elway on that list of available QBs. that is the only type of talent i would be fine with us letting Orton walk, and there isn't anyone of that calibur next draft. sure there are guys who will do fine in the NFL, but I don't see any can't miss prospects.

of the Franchise Stars list, they all have major questions

Bradford's arm is a big question mark and no chance in hell would i want to see us drop a potential top 10 pick on that

McCoy plays in that Texas offense that does not have its QBs pro ready.

Tebow has a lot of heart, intelligence and athletic ability, but more than likely may not be suited to play QB in the NFL.

also, I question why one of the best QBs coming out next season (Locker) is ranked number 20 on this list?

figure a 1st round QB is going to cost the same as Orton a proven vet will cost.

i am much more comfortable with Orton getting that money, as opposed to putting it on the line on a huge gamble.

Orton is proven, is getting better as the season goes on and he gets more comfortable with his weapons and system, and by next season he is going to take a huge step forward towards borderline elite NFL QB status (if he remains in Denver with McDaniels)

Popps
12-09-2009, 11:08 PM
First off, Orton is staying. There's no question about that. Look at the available QBs next year. He's the best in the entire FA crop, and he's already in our system.

So, if we draft a QB... we'd be drafting either a known-back-up, or a guy to compete with Orton for the gig. If we finish strong, that's a fairly risky proposition. (Ask Mike Shanahan about that one.)

I think you either develop Brandstater or you try to nab a guy in the middle rounds you identify as a potential overachiever. I just can't see plopping down a big contract on a high draft pick, with so many other needs.

It's tricky. We've see what can happen going for the QB quick-fix and messing with chemistry. I think we need to see how this season plays out, and decide where we are.

cutthemdown
12-09-2009, 11:38 PM

Cutler?

BroncoMan4ever
12-09-2009, 11:52 PM
First off, Orton is staying. There's no question about that. Look at the available QBs next year. He's the best in the entire FA crop, and he's already in our system.

So, if we draft a QB... we'd be drafting either a known-back-up, or a guy to compete with Orton for the gig. If we finish strong, that's a fairly risky proposition. (Ask Mike Shanahan about that one.)

I think you either develop Brandstater or you try to nab a guy in the middle rounds you identify as a potential overachiever. I just can't see plopping down a big contract on a high draft pick, with so many other needs.

It's tricky. We've see what can happen going for the QB quick-fix and messing with chemistry. I think we need to see how this season plays out, and decide where we are.

i say we give Orton a new deal for the next 5 years, dump Simms, promote Brandstater to number 2, and draft a guy in the mid to late rounds to be our number 3, developmental QB.

lex
12-10-2009, 12:08 AM

Youre an idiot.

lex
12-10-2009, 12:12 AM
Hilarious!

Not really. Apo is too dense to realize that I can speak on things in the military that require some kind of knowledge of the military. McAps apparently thinks people just pluck obscure items from the sky. LOL. Youre talking to an angry woman. Its hard to take angry women seriously because you have to get past the hysterics.

Popps
12-10-2009, 12:16 AM
Youre an idiot.

Once again, if you're going to call someone an idiot... perhaps you may want to get through a three word sentence without a grammar error.

lex
12-10-2009, 12:25 AM
Once again, if you're going to call someone an idiot... perhaps you may want to get through a three word sentence without a grammar error.

So, now youve resorted to complaining about how I dont use apostrophes. Weak. LOL.

worm
12-10-2009, 12:27 AM
Kaepernick will be a starter at the next level. I was on record at the beginning of this year.

When it comes to pass next year...remember to send me free beer while acknowledging my greatness.

lex
12-10-2009, 12:29 AM
Kaepernick will be a starter at the next level. I was on record at the beginning of this year.

When it comes to pass next year...remember to send me free beer while acknowledging my greatness.

I dont think so. Ive seen that guy play and he panics too much and isnt enough of a runner and also not enough of a passer. I dont see it happening with him.

worm
12-10-2009, 12:45 AM
I dont think so. Ive seen that guy play and he panics too much and isnt enough of a runner and also not enough of a passer. I dont see it happening with him.

I have seen him live 3 times...and on TV a few more. I am sold. Much more so than Tony Pike who I think is too Croyleish to play at the next level.

Colin is a leader, has 'IT', is deceptively fast and has a good arm. I don't see the panic at all. Got any specific games\plays in mind?

I would love to see Denver get him and toss him in there with Brandstater and let the best man win the #2 job next year and be the heir apparent.

watermock
12-10-2009, 02:04 AM
Whoever he is,he better fit on a 3x5 ccard.

If Tebow drops, McD won't be able to resist.

Mcd will have to clean up his potty mouth tho.

watermock
12-10-2009, 02:06 AM

Ha!

elsid13
12-10-2009, 04:06 AM

Foles is having a great season, I really like him going forward next season. He just has it.

rastaman
12-10-2009, 05:32 AM
I hope the NFL scouts grade out Tony Pike that badly and we're able to pick him up in the 4th round. That would be a steal. The dude is practically identical to Bradford, without the Heisman and with a better arm. Too bad NFL scouts aren't as dumb as rastaman.

NFL Scouts are not as "Gullible-Hopefull" as Your Dumb Azz.:thumbsup:

cousinal11
12-10-2009, 05:40 AM
We have no need for Teabow.

We already have Hillis.

WolfpackGuy
12-10-2009, 05:45 AM
They better not draft Tebag.

barryr
12-10-2009, 05:50 AM
Of these QB's, I like these the best:

1. Sam Bradford, Oklahoma (Jr.)
2. Jevan Snead, Ole Miss (Jr.) - Has the physical tools, but seemed to have a down year, so he's a question mark.
3. Tim Tebow, Florida
4. Colt McCoy, Texas - not sure he's a franchsie type, but I like him better than any in this grouping. I'm just not that high on Bradford and Tebow will likely change positions at some point.

LIKELY STARTERS

5. Jimmy Clausen, Notre Dame (Jr.) - Put up great numbers, but so did Quinn, though I think he's a more natural passer than Quinn. Still not sold he'll be anything special.
6. Dan LeFevour, Central Michigan - I really like this guy. Doesn't have a cannon, but I think has enough arm and has great mobility and size for the position.
7. Zac Robinson, Oklahoma State - Had a down year, inconsistent, so has the makings of just a backup type at this point.

BEST OF THE REST

10. Case Keenum, Houston (Jr.) Numbers obviously jump at you, so definately worth a look. But numbers aren't always indicator of success.
14. Max Hall, BYU
15. Tony Pike, Cincinnati - Intriguing prospect, though lacks experience, so will need seasoning.
16. Joe Webb, UAB
18. Todd Reesing, Kansas
20. Jake Locker, Washington (Jr.) - He's a 1st rounder unless bombs the combine and workouts. I think has accuracy issues, but good arm and mobility, plus size, so one of the better ones.

The rest I either haven't seen play much or just don't think they are that much and not likely going to be a anything special.<!-- / message -->

Rabb
12-10-2009, 06:10 AM

LOL

I know

I am the biggest Hawkeye homer on this board and I will never even think of pretending that Stanzi belongs in the NFL

he is a piece of inaccurate garbage

we won in spite of his ass this season

SoDak Bronco
12-10-2009, 06:20 AM
I know

I am the biggest Hawkeye homer on this board and I will never even think of pretending that Stanzi belongs in the NFL

he is a piece of inaccurate garbage

we won in spite of his ass this season

Yeah him being on any list of potential NFL QB's is laughable.

Mountain Bronco
12-10-2009, 09:58 AM
We are not taking a QB in the first 3 rounds. It won't happen. There isn't a QB worthy of that type of pick unless you are a really ****ty team.

vancejohnson82
12-10-2009, 10:06 AM
We are not taking a QB in the first 3 rounds. It won't happen. There isn't a QB worthy of that type of pick unless you are a really ****ty team.

Completely agree...

None of the guys on that list strike me as 1st or 2nd round material....I just don't think the value is there. I wouldnt mind Tebow if this is the end all be all of McD's system (which I know its not). He can throw screens, crossing patterns, loft a ball up every once in a while and he won't be a statue back there

if hes there in the 4th go ahead and grab him....but he wont last that long

~Crash~
12-10-2009, 10:06 AM

look at who developed him ...:spit:

~Crash~
12-10-2009, 10:09 AM
john Skelton from Fordham. He's 6-5, 245 and reminds some people of Joe Flacco

this was Mike Mayock take . Has anyone watched him ?

~Crash~
12-10-2009, 10:14 AM
Completely agree...

None of the guys on that list strike me as 1st or 2nd round material....I just don't think the value is there. I wouldnt mind Tebow if this is the end all be all of McD's system (which I know its not). He can throw screens, crossing patterns, loft a ball up every once in a while and he won't be a statue back there

if hes there in the 4th go ahead and grab him....but he wont last that long

I think you might be wrong I like several QB's for the 2nd round .Zac Robinson, Jevan Snead ,and even Tim Tebow can throw the footblall I agree they need time on the bench but ...

elsid13
12-10-2009, 10:20 AM
john Skelton from Fordham. He's 6-5, 245 and reminds some people of Joe Flacco

this was Mike Mayock take . Has anyone watched him ?

I have seen one quarter of him against Holy Cross. He looked good, has the size and arm that appears to show that he could play in NFL, but it hard to judge if he any good until he gets to play in one of the post season bowls. He has accepted an invite to play in the Shrine bowl, which let people see if has the talent for the next level.

vancejohnson82
12-10-2009, 10:20 AM
I think you might be wrong I like several QB's for the 2nd round .Zac Robinson, Jevan Snead ,and even Tim Tebow can throw the footblall I agree they need time on the bench but ...

Just from what I've seen, none of these guys strike me as the kind of guy that would be an upgrade from Orton in 3 years....thats just my take

i don't know much about Zac Robinson, in all honesty...but I've never been a big Snead proponent...

i just feel if we are going to use a 2nd round pick, we need to be pretty sure it will be an upgrade, even slightly, over what Orton will be at that time

SJ Bronco
12-10-2009, 10:28 AM
I stopped responding to Lex. I only respond to him when he is amusing me with his 5th grade name calling or circular logic. In case anyone is curious though. I never said anything negative about Elway, since Elway was my boyhood hero and the whole reason I am a Broncos fan, as everyone here not named Lex probably knows by now I'm a life long Stanford fan and Booster. In case anyone cared, which no one really does on a message board. So I'm ok with Lex and his racist "monkeyboy" drops and his toothless rants. It's entertaining, don't get roped into some lame war of words with this infant on my account. Unless you want to. ;)

~Crash~
12-10-2009, 10:33 AM
Just from what I've seen, none of these guys strike me as the kind of guy that would be an upgrade from Orton in 3 years....thats just my take

i don't know much about Zac Robinson, in all honesty...but I've never been a big Snead proponent...

i just feel if we are going to use a 2nd round pick, we need to be pretty sure it will be an upgrade, even slightly, over what Orton will be at that time

Zac Robinson is Rodgers, Aaron in many ways he will take time but IMO become a lot like him .

Snead has a cannon but has not been developed I have seen him on but you are right he is off way to much . thing is Nutt is a great Coach but he has no idea how to develop a QB we have the best in the business in McD . Snead seems to hold on to the football like he just don't see open WR's not sure why this is.

vancejohnson82
12-10-2009, 10:49 AM
Zac Robinson is Rodgers, Aaron in many ways he will take time but IMO become a lot like him .

Snead has a cannon but has not been developed I have seen him on but you are right he is off way to much . thing is Nutt is a great Coach but he has no idea how to develop a QB we have the best in the business in McD . Snead seems to hold on to the football like he just don't see open WR's not sure why this is.

Yea...I've watched a lot of Snead and thinking about it more, it could be a coaching issue, to some extent. He seems to be off by a half second or so on a lot of patterns and his footwork leaves a lot to be desired...lots of throwing off the back foot and relying on his arm strength too much

if he's there in the 2nd I wouldnt cry over the pick (Rev), but I think it would be a very big challenge for McD to get him pro ready in 2 or 3 years..

Archer81
12-10-2009, 10:55 AM
Yea...I've watched a lot of Snead and thinking about it more, it could be a coaching issue, to some extent. He seems to be off by a half second or so on a lot of patterns and his footwork leaves a lot to be desired...lots of throwing off the back foot and relying on his arm strength too much
if he's there in the 2nd I wouldnt cry over the pick (Rev), but I think it would be a very big challenge for McD to get him pro ready in 2 or 3 years..

Hmm...throws off back foot...trusts arm too much...anyone else just get a wierd sense of Dejavu?

lex
12-10-2009, 10:57 AM
I have seen him live 3 times...and on TV a few more. I am sold. Much more so than Tony Pike who I think is too Croyleish to play at the next level.

Colin is a leader, has 'IT', is deceptively fast and has a good arm. I don't see the panic at all. Got any specific games\plays in mind?

I would love to see Denver get him and toss him in there with Brandstater and let the best man win the #2 job next year and be the heir apparent.

I totally disagree on your Pike/Croyle comparison. Croyle has a little mobility and some zip on the ball. Pike is more about placement and is only slightly mobile without as much velocity.

lex
12-10-2009, 11:04 AM
I stopped responding to Lex. I only respond to him when he is amusing me with his 5th grade name calling or circular logic. In case anyone is curious though. I never said anything negative about Elway, since Elway was my boyhood hero and the whole reason I am a Broncos fan, as everyone here not named Lex probably knows by now I'm a life long Stanford fan and Booster. In case anyone cared, which no one really does on a message board. So I'm ok with Lex and his racist "monkeyboy" drops and his toothless rants. It's entertaining, don't get roped into some lame war of words with this infant on my account. Unless you want to. ;)

Hold on there, muchacho!

You know why I started calling you monkey boy. And you also know it has nothing to do with race. I dont/didnt even know your race. You shouldnt start **** unless you can take it.

Are you black? Because, if you are, Ill stop calling you that. Thats not why I was calling you that in the first place. But again, you shouldnt start **** unless you can take it.

KCStud
12-10-2009, 11:07 AM
Bradford will be better than all of them. Mark that down. Whoever takes him is getting a steal. He should be a top 5 pick, but his injury was concerning. He has the worst OL in college football. His accuracy is better than anyones and his decision making is very good. He also put on 10 lbs before this offseason. They marked him at 217 at the start of the year.

SJ Bronco
12-10-2009, 11:20 AM
Hold on there, muchacho!

You know why I started calling you monkey boy. And you also know it has nothing to do with race. I dont/didnt even know your race. You shouldnt start **** unless you can take it.

Are you black? Because, if you are, Ill stop calling you that. Thats not why I was calling you that in the first place. But again, you shouldnt start **** unless you can take it.

Lex, Despite the fact that as a person, i think your a POC, it's still just a message board and if you really made me that mad, I'd just put you on ignore. I don't take this stuff that personally.

I've stated many times my ethnicity both here and in the WAP forum, so don't play dumb.

Again, i don't care, continue calling me whatever you want. I'm not gonna run to the mods crying. I just don't care. It's a message board bro.

scorpio
12-10-2009, 11:21 AM
Plethra.

lex
12-10-2009, 11:28 AM
Lex, Despite the fact that as a person, i think your a POC, it's still just a message board and if you really made me that mad, I'd just put you on ignore. I don't take this stuff that personally.

I've stated many times my ethnicity both here and in the WAP forum, so don't play dumb.

Again, i don't care, continue calling me whatever you want. I'm not gonna run to the mods crying. I just don't care. It's a message board bro.

You may feel youve stated this many times but you cant say that this is notice to everyone. You say you arent taking it seriously, except youre taking it serious enough to make slanderous accusations. What youre doing is very serious. As I said, Ill stop calling you that name but you really shouldnt post pics like this if later youre going to run and hide behind the race card.

I actually dont frequent THAT many threads and I couldnt even tell you the last time I accessed the WAP thread. But I can tell you it can be measured in months. I dont come here to talk about politics and I dont really want to be exposed to everyones political rants.

This slander youre committing is very loose and reckless.

SJ Bronco
12-10-2009, 11:32 AM
You may feel youve stated this many times but you cant say that this is notice to everyone. You say you arent taking it seriously, except youre taking it serious enough to make slanderous accusations. What youre doing is very serious. As I said, Ill stop calling you that name but you really shouldnt post pics like this if later youre going to run and hide behind the race card.

I actually dont frequent THAT many threads and I couldnt even tell you the last time I accessed the WAP thread. But I can tell you it can be measured in months. I dont come here to talk about politics and I dont really want to be exposed to everyones political rants.

This slander youre committing is very loose and reckless.

You call it slander...i call it the easy to see truth. I'm guessing you are not going to cop to it, thus the reason i don't bother. I just try to warn those that don't know. Call me the "Lex early warning system".....learn to enjoy it Luther. Like 311 once said "I'll be here a while, ain't goin' nowhere"....

Natedog24
12-10-2009, 11:33 AM
Take Sean Canfield in the Midrounds, resign Orton, and let Canfield and Brandstater battle it out while learning behind Orton.

SJ Bronco
12-10-2009, 11:34 AM
I swear, I'm a good guy! It's slander!

http://static.funnyjunk.com/pictures/crying-baby-puppy.jpg

By the way bro, it would be liable....Just saying

lex
12-10-2009, 11:40 AM
You call it slander...i call it the easy to see truth. I'm guessing you are not going to cop to it, thus the reason i don't bother. I just try to warn those that don't know. Call me the "Lex early warning system".....learn to enjoy it Luther. Like 311 once said "I'll be here a while, ain't goin' nowhere"....

Im going to have to put you on ignore. Your posts arent exactly substantive other than when youre committing slander. The oldest post of yours that I remember distinctly belonging to you is the one where you say Elway's # shouldnt be retired because he was just an average player at Stanford. LOL. Before that, I really have no recollection of anything youve posted and since then youve been making a lot of nothing posts except where you ultimately make slanderous accusations ( perhaps liable is a better word but I think that would be more written falsehoods that are published...message boards are more people talking).

Archer81
12-10-2009, 11:42 AM
I thought monkey boy was from Buckaroo Bazai...what is Buckaroo Banzai, you might ask?

This.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8Db4avDn1mc&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8Db4avDn1mc&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Pony Boy
12-10-2009, 11:47 AM
Bradford will be better than all of them. Mark that down. Whoever takes him is getting a steal. He should be a top 5 pick, but his injury was concerning. He has the worst OL in college football. His accuracy is better than anyones and his decision making is very good. He also put on 10 lbs before this offseason. They marked him at 217 at the start of the year.

Yep, I can remember when everyone was down on Brees after the shoulder injury and didn't think he would ever play at a high level again ..........

SJ Bronco
12-10-2009, 05:09 PM
Im going to have to put you on ignore. Your posts arent exactly substantive other than when youre committing slander. The oldest post of yours that I remember distinctly belonging to you is the one where you say Elway's # shouldnt be retired because he was just an average player at Stanford. LOL. Before that, I really have no recollection of anything youve posted and since then youve been making a lot of nothing posts except where you ultimately make slanderous accusations ( perhaps liable is a better word but I think that would be more written falsehoods that are published...message boards are more people talking).

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3225/2654062628_7a0484ce85.jpg

cabronco
12-10-2009, 05:33 PM
If McD reads the scout's article and that Bradford is a thinner version of Tom Brady, just needs a dominate O-line ( Broncos line). McD needs a hoodie for his woody and going @ 12 range . I thought Bradford would be a great pick up for us watching him last year. But now I have concerns whether he can stay healthy & take the big hits. The fact he seems to go down directly on his right shoulder, when he's slammed down like that. According to Steve Young you can turn your upper extremities before slamming the ground to avoid a direct blow to your throwing shoulder ? Now I dunno, who does know..I wonder if McD thinks Orton is the right Qb for his system from here on out ?

BroncoMan4ever
12-10-2009, 05:59 PM
If McD reads the scout's article and that Bradford is a thinner version of Tom Brady, just needs a dominate O-line ( Broncos line). McD needs a hoodie for his woody and going @ 12 range . I thought Bradford would be a great pick up for us watching him last year. But now I have concerns whether he can stay healthy & take the big hits. The fact he seems to go down directly on his right shoulder, when he's slammed down like that. According to Steve Young you can turn your upper extremities before slamming the ground to avoid a direct blow to your throwing shoulder ? Now I dunno, who does know..I wonder if McD thinks Orton is the right Qb for his system from here on out ?

i think McD believes Orton is his QB for the future. i know it was only a 5th round pick that he tossed in to acquire him, but in today's NFL teams don't just toss around draft picks to get a player for 1 year and then want to see them walk away.

add in that there were multiple other QBs we could have had as our QB this year and McD hand chose Orton out of all of them and that is a big vote of confidence in a guy and not just a stop gap.

look at McDaniels history with his QB's it is never the 1st season in his system that they come in and have great statistical seasons, it is after a year or 2 in the system that everything begins to click and they have great years.

Orton is getting better as the season goes and is primed to have a monster year next season after another full offseason and TC with McDaniels and a full year getting familiar with his new team.

it would be insanely stupid to toss that aside in fovor of a random rookie.

SJ Bronco
12-10-2009, 06:14 PM
i think McD believes Orton is his QB for the future. i know it was only a 5th round pick that he tossed in to acquire him, but in today's NFL teams don't just toss around draft picks to get a player for 1 year and then want to see them walk away.

add in that there were multiple other QBs we could have had as our QB this year and McD hand chose Orton out of all of them and that is a big vote of confidence in a guy and not just a stop gap.

look at McDaniels history with his QB's it is never the 1st season in his system that they come in and have great statistical seasons, it is after a year or 2 in the system that everything begins to click and they have great years.

Orton is getting better as the season goes and is primed to have a monster year next season after another full offseason and TC with McDaniels and a full year getting familiar with his new team.

it would be insanely stupid to toss that aside in fovor of a random rookie.

You know, the farther along we get, the more I think this is true. I don't think Mcd puts a lot of stock in having the best athlete at QB and i think he wants to develop Orton or Brandstater to be his guy. he may pick another guy late in the draft for depth (or possibly get Tom Terrific part 2) I think Mcd has a vision that included Orton. Weather that's right or wrong we can argue, but i do think that's what's going on.

ElwayMD
12-10-2009, 07:29 PM
and he will pick none of these QB's... /end thread

Chris
12-10-2009, 08:07 PM
A bnch.

Plethora.

Wes Mantooth
12-10-2009, 09:26 PM
Take Sean Canfield in the Midrounds, resign Orton, and let Canfield and Brandstater battle it out while learning behind Orton.

Agreed. Canfield had a very good season and is a very cheap QB that can plays in a pro system at Oregon State. At minimum, a very servicable backup