PDA

View Full Version : Pay up folks, it's playoff time

TailgateNut
12-09-2009, 08:37 AM
Dear Denver Broncos Season Ticket Holder,

The Broncos are competing, along with several other AFC teams, for a Postseason appearance. Due to the competitiveness of the American Conference of the National Football League, the teams qualifying for Postseason play may not be determined until the final NFL regular season game on Sunday, January 3, 2010.

To prepare for the logistics of potentially hosting two playoff games, the Broncos have been required by the National Football League to send postseason ticket information to 2009 season ticket account holders. The combination of the NFL Playoff format, the number of playoff contending teams, and the limited time to print and distribute tickets necessitates the NFL and the Broncos to establish a deadline of Monday, December 28th to remit your payment.

You have been invoiced for both potential home playoff games. Should a game not be hosted in Denver, the ticket balance will be credited to your 2010 season ticket package.

bronco militia
12-09-2009, 08:53 AM
wow...Dec 28th is the latest I can remember for the playoff payment deadline

crawdad
12-09-2009, 08:53 AM
Ain't that a biatch, I guess it's better than the alternative...i.e, not being in the playoffs.

oubronco
12-09-2009, 09:14 AM
where do they come up with a home game alot would have to happen for that

Beantown Bronco
12-09-2009, 09:18 AM
where do they come up with a home game alot would have to happen for that

Brings up something that I've been thinking about for awhile. Has a #5 seed ever hosted a #6 seed in the Championship round?

GoBroncos DownUnder
12-09-2009, 09:23 AM
First, relax and try to think about the playoffs,
Now bend over and take it in your wallet!

ak1971
12-09-2009, 09:24 AM
Dear Denver Broncos Season Ticket Holder,

The Broncos are competing, along with several other AFC teams, for a Postseason appearance. Due to the competitiveness of the American Conference of the National Football League, the teams qualifying for Postseason play may not be determined until the final NFL regular season game on Sunday, January 3, 2010.

To prepare for the logistics of potentially hosting two playoff games, the Broncos have been required by the National Football League to send postseason ticket information to 2009 season ticket account holders. The combination of the NFL Playoff format, the number of playoff contending teams, and the limited time to print and distribute tickets necessitates the NFL and the Broncos to establish a deadline of Monday, December 28th to remit your payment.

You have been invoiced for both potential home playoff games. Should a game not be hosted in Denver, the ticket balance will be credited to your 2010 season ticket package.

I need to ask for payment for services rendered for something I may or may not do, and then pocket the cash for 9 months.

broncocalijohn
12-09-2009, 09:26 AM
Glad it is late so those that are broke can see if we have a chance at hosting a playoff game. No need to put good money early if we are on the road. If so, hope for a #5 (us) going up against #6 (Jags) in the AFC Championship. Those that arent season ticket holders will get a nice chance to snag Season ticket holder seats for that game. If you can afford it, get your money in and dont take the chance.

GoBroncos DownUnder
12-09-2009, 10:13 AM
Hmmmm, which one should you pay?
National Football League Advanced Fee Fraud Email Scams

Denver, Colorado.
Attention: Season Ticket Holders

Dear Sir,

Confidential Business Proposal

Having consulted with my colleagues and based on the information gathered from the Denver Broncos, I have the privilege to request your assistance to transfer the sum of 2 playoff tickets into your mail box. The above sum resulted from the teams possibility of hosting TWO playoff games, early next years (2010).

We are now ready to transfer the tickets to you and that is where you come in. It is important to inform you that as an NFL Franchise, we are forbidden to operate a your bank account; that is why we require your assistance.
The ticket deal will be shared as follows: 100% funds for us, 2 tickets for you!

The transfer is risk free on our side, and with that in mind we hereby vow to refund your money sometime next year, if our team should fail to make one or both of the playoff games. Refunds will be in the form of advance payments on more tickets, to see some very wonderful PRE-SEASON football games!

I am an accountant with the National Football League (NFL).
If you find this proposal acceptable, we shall require the following documents:

(a) your banker's name, telephone, account and fax numbers.
(b) your private telephone and fax numbers —for confidentiality and easy communication.
(c) your letter-headed paper stamped and signed.

Alternatively we will furnish you with the text of what to type into your letter-headed paper, along with a breakdown explaining, comprehensively what we require of you.

Please reply urgently.

Best regards

Howgul Abul Arhu
NFL Accountant
;)

bronco militia
12-09-2009, 10:17 AM
if the broncos lose this week and the chargers win, I think we can safely say the broncos will not be hosting a playoff game.

Beantown Bronco
12-09-2009, 10:21 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qdFLPn30dvQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qdFLPn30dvQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

SouthStndJunkie
12-09-2009, 10:56 AM
They are still doing this:

CHAMPIONSHIP PAYMENT PLAN

Reserve your seats online for only $50 per seat*.

If you enroll in the 'Championship Payment Plan,' your credit card will be charged now for a $50 per seat deposit. This deposit will secure your seat location(s) for any potential home playoff game(s) hosted by the Denver Broncos.
Once it is determined that INVESCO Field will be hosting either an AFC Wildcard Game or an AFC Divisional Playoff Game, the card enrolled in the 'Championship Payment Plan' will be automatically charged for the ticket cost difference for the confirmed game. Similarly, should the Broncos host an AFC Championship game in Denver, the same credit card will then be charged again on Monday, January 18th, 2010 for the 2nd game.

To place your deposit, click here and select the Championship Payment Plan after logging into your account. You may also pay your entire post season balance by selecting the full payment option.

TailgateNut
12-09-2009, 11:22 AM
They are still doing this:

CHAMPIONSHIP PAYMENT PLAN

Reserve your seats online for only $50 per seat*.

If you enroll in the 'Championship Payment Plan,' your credit card will be charged now for a $50 per seat deposit. This deposit will secure your seat location(s) for any potential home playoff game(s) hosted by the Denver Broncos.
Once it is determined that INVESCO Field will be hosting either an AFC Wildcard Game or an AFC Divisional Playoff Game, the card enrolled in the 'Championship Payment Plan' will be automatically charged for the ticket cost difference for the confirmed game. Similarly, should the Broncos host an AFC Championship game in Denver, the same credit card will then be charged again on Monday, January 18th, 2010 for the 2nd game.

To place your deposit, click here and select the Championship Payment Plan after logging into your account. You may also pay your entire post season balance by selecting the full payment option.

That's still $3.6 million in the bank for Pat and Co. if all apply a deposit. Not to shabby even at todays' interest rates x 9months.

24champ
12-09-2009, 12:01 PM
The only way we'd get a home date if the season ended today, is if the Jags meet us in the AFC championship game. I'd say it's likely that we will play at the AFC East Champion (Dolphins or Patriots) in the Wild Card round.

Bronco LB52
12-09-2009, 12:13 PM
That's still $3.6 million in the bank for Pat and Co. if all apply a deposit. Not to shabby even at todays' interest rates x 9months.

We loan them money and they **** us in the ass again by dropping this on our shoulders.

*$3 per account administrative fee and $1 Ticketmaster transaction fee also due at the time of deposit.

broncocalijohn
12-09-2009, 12:18 PM
We loan them money and they **** us in the ass again by dropping this on our shoulders.

*$3 per account administrative fee and $1 Ticketmaster transaction fee also due at the time of deposit.

This always happens! It isnt new with the broncos. Remember, they print out those tickets regardless if we make it or not. It would be nice for them to play it even-steven. You can also ask for your credit card to be "debited" back to your account if you sign that agreement. At least it has been that way in the past. If you have any credit with the Broncos, that would work too instead of payment but that is based on how much you have in your account. Somewhere in Faider and Chief land, they wish they had this "problem".

TailgateNut
12-09-2009, 12:45 PM
This always happens! It isnt new with the broncos. Remember, they print out those tickets regardless if we make it or not. It would be nice for them to play it even-steven. You can also ask for your credit card to be "debited" back to your account if you sign that agreement. At least it has been that way in the past. If you have any credit with the Broncos, that would work too instead of payment but that is based on how much you have in your account. Somewhere in Faider and Chief land, they wish they had this "problem".

:rofl:as if that would ever happen:rofl:

It is damn wonder Pat isn't invoicing us for next season this coming week. He seeems to move the date forward every year. Soon we'll have to pony up two years in advance.....

houghtam
12-09-2009, 02:00 PM
Unfortunately for season ticket holders, TGN, football is in such demand that I bet people would be more than willing to pay two years in advance. Especially in cities like Denver and Green Bay where the waiting lists are so long. They can keep pulling that crap every year because they know that if you don't pay it, someone else will, and they'll do it with a smile on their face.

But hey, you've got season tickets to the Broncos, and I do not. I am a jealous man. :'(

Bronco LB52
12-09-2009, 02:12 PM

It is damn wonder Pat isn't invoicing us for next season this coming week. He seeems to move the date forward every year. Soon we'll have to pony up two years in advance.....

I keep praying we never hear the dreaded acronym (PSL).

broncocalijohn
12-09-2009, 09:04 PM

maybe he just forgot that he already invoiced us. You know with all of his memory loss and all. Dude, cant even remember when Jay called him around 20 times before demanding a trade. :sarcasm:

SouthStndJunkie
12-09-2009, 09:14 PM
I keep praying we never hear the dreaded acronym (PSL).

Word.

ZONA
12-09-2009, 10:36 PM
I don't even think Chief fans know what a playoff ticket looks like. Maybe they have one in the Kansas City Municipal Museum they can go look at to remember. Of course, back then, there probably wasn't even colored ink..............bahahahahahaha.

TailgateNut
12-10-2009, 08:02 AM
I don't even think Chief fans know what a playoff ticket looks like. Maybe they have one in the Kansas City Municipal Museum they can go look at to remember. Of course, back then, there probably wasn't even colored ink..............bahahahahahaha.

On the flip side, I have several packages of Playoff tickets I was never able to use.....but had to buy them.