PDA

View Full Version : Last 4 games for the Chuggers not looking as easy now

ZONA
12-08-2009, 03:38 AM
A few weeks ago looking at their last 4 games was different then looking at them now. The Redskins are playing some good ball and just a few freak plays cost them a win against what I think is the best team in football (Saints). Next week they go to Dallas who will be DESPERATE for a win. Then throw in Cincy who is fighting for a playoff bye week and then the Titans are playing much better now also. The Chuggers will have their hands full for the next 4 games, while we really only have 2 rough games left (Colts and Eagles). It's going to be interesting these next 4 weeks.

The Joker
12-08-2009, 06:34 AM
The Raider game for us could be similiar to the Skins game for them. Tougher than it looked a month ago, but a game that they should still win, really.

If we can win 3 of our last 4 games, we'll certainly ask the question of San Diego. My guess is that they find 3 wins in their last 4 games, and I don't see us winning out so that'd be enough. But if they go 2-2 then the door might be open for us if we can win our home games and find a way to win one on the road.

Assuming we win against Kansas and Oakland, any tie breaker in our division is gonna be some very close stuff.

An example.

Let's say we beat Oakland, Kansas and Philly, lose at Indy.

San Diego beats Washington and Cincy, loses at Dallas and Tennessee.

Leaves us tied at 11-5.

1-1 in the head to head.

Both 5-1 in the division.

Same record against common opponents.

Same record in the conference.

We'd take it on the 5th divisional tie breaker, that being strength of victory. (Uncommon wins for the two teams being Dallas and New England for us, Miami and Washington for the Chargers).

If Cincy were to lose to Minny next week on top of all this, we'd actually be looking at a first round bye. ^5

So many scenarios though, and most likely we finish 10-6 and San Diego wins the division with a game or two to spare.

The MVPlaya
12-08-2009, 06:43 AM
If Cincy were to lose to Minny next week on top of all this, we'd actually be looking at a first round bye. ^5

That is the scenario that I'd want...and probably the scenario the team is looking for.

oubronco
12-08-2009, 07:24 AM
The Raider game for us could be similiar to the Skins game for them. Tougher than it looked a month ago, but a game that they should still win, really.

If we can win 3 of our last 4 games, we'll certainly ask the question of San Diego. My guess is that they find 3 wins in their last 4 games, and I don't see us winning out so that'd be enough. But if they go 2-2 then the door might be open for us if we can win our home games and find a way to win one on the road.

Assuming we win against Kansas and Oakland, any tie breaker in our division is gonna be some very close stuff.

An example.

Leaves us tied at 11-5.

1-1 in the head to head.

We'd take it on the 5th divisional tie breaker, that being strength of victory. (Uncommon wins for the two teams being Dallas and New England for us, Miami and Washington for the Chargers).

So many scenarios though, and most likely we finish 10-6 and San Diego wins the division with a game or two to spare.

We take of our business and the rest will fall into place

RaiderH8r
12-08-2009, 08:19 AM
We take of our business and the rest will fall into place

Agreed. 10 wins should get us in. 11 and we can't be denied. If SD can take the division in spite of those wins totals then good on them, they earned it.

TailgateNut
12-08-2009, 08:23 AM

An example.

Leaves us tied at 11-5.

1-1 in the head to head.

Hell of a scenario but I'd say let's just worry about our schedule and those "Bye's" can "Bite" ya in the ass". When on a roll don't slow down.

Kaylore
12-08-2009, 08:41 AM
After seeing them almost let the Browns back into the game I think the Chargers could lose a game or two from that schedule. If we take care of business we have more than punchers chance of winning the division.

Dagmar
12-08-2009, 09:22 AM
http://i.tsn.com/i/photos/20080922/97849.jpg

LRtagger
12-08-2009, 09:23 AM
Looking back, Orton's ankle injury during the Washington game may end up costing us the division. We probably win that game if he plays the second half and we pretty much own all tie-breakers with the Sparklers.

ant1999e
12-08-2009, 09:24 AM
Hell of a scenario but I'd say let's just worry about our schedule and those "Bye's" can "Bite" ya in the ass". When on a roll don't slow down.

We know what our last bye did to our momentum.

Beantown Bronco
12-08-2009, 09:26 AM
We know what our last bye did to our momentum.

Huh? They won immediately after the bye.

vancejohnson82
12-08-2009, 09:28 AM

didnt we get dismantled by Baltimore after the bye??

then by Pittsburgh...and Washington...and San Diego

Rabb
12-08-2009, 09:38 AM

yep

Doggcow
12-08-2009, 09:43 AM
http://i.tsn.com/i/photos/20080922/97849.jpg

BAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA I literally just bust up laughing in class

TailgateNut
12-08-2009, 10:03 AM

Get on the ball, Bean!!

hades
12-08-2009, 12:10 PM

If you consider 4 losses in a row an immediate win, then yes, that would be correct. :wiggle:

ZONA
12-08-2009, 10:37 PM

I believe he was talking about bye weeks in the playoffs and how it's nice to have them and you want them but more then a few teams over the years have come out sluggish after having a week off in the playoffs only to get ripped up by the wildcard team.

UberBroncoMan
12-08-2009, 11:03 PM
What's kind of funny is that the Chargers lost to Balt/Pitt/Denver - we've lost to Balt/Pitt/SD - Washington.

I still maintain we win that game (Wash) without Orton getting hurt and us relying on ****ty Simms.

SD still has to face Washington though (granted at home). Would be funny if they lost that game too.

Spider
12-09-2009, 12:42 AM
This time of year Power teams start taking over .......... always been that way . will be in the future ........are the Chargers a power team ?