PDA

View Full Version : Peyton Hillis Haters!

houghtam
12-07-2009, 01:45 PM
Sorry to call you out, Yoda...but it's time we find out who those damned Hillis haters are once and for all!

Dukes
12-07-2009, 01:47 PM
How can you hate someone who has become nearly irrelevant?

ant1999e
12-07-2009, 01:54 PM
The Dragqueen Hillis cheerleaders are just silly.:slapsilly

Blart
12-07-2009, 02:47 PM
Yes, but only based on his looks.

http://ladiesdotdotdot.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/broncos-peyton-hillis.jpg

Mogulseeker
12-07-2009, 02:51 PM
There's not much to hate about him. He brings it every game. He just hasn't performed this year.

Hogan11
12-07-2009, 02:53 PM
And here I thought RastaBoras was behind the starting of this thread.

Doggcow
12-07-2009, 02:58 PM
Peyton hillis just scored the go ahead TD to win with 12 seconds left for me in an awesome game of Madden :)

rastaman
12-07-2009, 03:01 PM
If given the opportunity and utilized thru out the entire game against Indy...."The Beast Hillis" could hold the keys to keeping the game close enough to win it!!!:sunshine:

Dukes
12-07-2009, 03:03 PM
If given the opportunity and utilized thru out the entire game against Indy...."The Beast Hillis" could hold the keys to keeping the game close enough to win it!!!:sunshine:

If Moreno and Buck go down due to injury, sure.

rastaman
12-07-2009, 03:04 PM
There's not much to hate about him. He brings it every game. He just hasn't performed this year.

He brings it every game....its just that McD hasn't allowed Peyton to perform this year. Let's hope the "Sly Fox" McD unleashes the second coming on John Riggins on the unsuspecting and ill-prepared Indy Colts.

Dukes
12-07-2009, 03:07 PM
He brings it every game....its just that McD hasn't allowed Peyton to perform this year. Let's hope the "Sly Fox" McD unleashes the second coming on John Riggins on the unsuspecting and ill-prepared Indy Colts.

What reason does he have to take carries away from Moreno and Buck?

BMarsh615
12-07-2009, 03:08 PM
This picture is my wallpaper/background or whatever you call it.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.com/images_root/user_pictures/0009/3304/peyton_hillis_salute_profile_page.jpg

I have plenty of love for Hillis!

Los Broncos
12-07-2009, 03:12 PM
Why would anyone hate him? or is this a joke.

rastaman
12-07-2009, 03:16 PM
If Moreno and Buck go down due to injury, sure.

If thats the case Manning will probably beat us like a drum! Key to winning against Indy is to keep the ball away from Mannning as much as possible; and you do that with a robust running attack! To keep the chains moving and to take time off the clock and freezing out Manning all hinges of giving Hillis the opportunity to pick up the tough 3rd and short yardage.

Denver will need Moreno, Hillis, and Buckhalter to rush for over 200 yards. Orton will need to be the game manager and and be consistent with hitting Marshall, Schefter, Royal, and Stokely often enough to allow his WR's to be successful.

Also, the key to getting Moreno off to having a great game all hinges on allowing Moreno to run from the I-formation w/Larsen as his lead blocking FB.

Simply put.....Denver needs to play to the strength of its players and the Broncos just could have an upset.

If the Colts are shutting our Running attack early.....I hope McD is smart enough to UNLEASH THE BEAST HILLIS early and often.

Mr.Meanie
12-07-2009, 03:20 PM
463 post rule?

Blart
12-07-2009, 03:21 PM
I think you're a little delusional about Hillis's abilities. And why do you compare him to Riggins? Because he's white?

houghtam
12-07-2009, 03:31 PM
Why would anyone hate him? or is this a joke.

Ask Yoda why anyone would hate him. He claimed to know who the haters were, and so I made a poll for him.

ro_50
12-07-2009, 03:34 PM
Peyton Hillis is a situational running back who's better suited being moved around than being a full-time RB.

enjolras
12-07-2009, 03:42 PM
Is there any other message board on earth dedicating as much time to a player who has barely been active this year?:)

Los Broncos
12-07-2009, 03:43 PM
Ask Yoda why anyone would hate him. He claimed to know who the haters were, and so I made a poll for him.

We have a winning record and have a good chance to make the playoffs, and everyone is hating?

What happens if we win the superbowl or a playoff game? will members be shot? ROFL!

ColoradoDarin
12-07-2009, 03:51 PM
I say we move him to LB since Larsen has been great at FB.

Kaylore
12-07-2009, 03:55 PM
I don't hate Hillis. I think he's an athletically gifted young man with the football IQ of my grandmother.

rastaman
12-07-2009, 03:59 PM
What reason does he have to take carries away from Moreno and Buck?

Okay lets say I give you that theory!.....but what if against Indy's D, Moreno and CBuck falters or just can't get it done in 3rd and short, do we leave Hillis on the sideline with a clean uniform!

You do realize if Denver's running attack with just Moreno and CBuck is stiffled and the first 3 Denver possessions are 3 downs and punt; and on Indy's first 3 possession, Manning slices and dices Denver for 21 points. What happens then? You know what happens.....the game is probably over in the first Qtr.

The key to winning against Indy is "KEEPING THE BALL AWAY FROM MANNING"! and Denver does this by running the ball with Moreno, CBuck, and Hillis. Lets not look at this as someone taking carries away from another RB! Its about a team effort coming together with an upset and win.

watermock
12-07-2009, 04:06 PM
He won't get any touches sunday unless we have injurie(s)..

rastaman
12-07-2009, 04:08 PM
I think you're a little delusional about Hillis's abilities. And why do you compare him to Riggins? Because he's white?

Not soley b/c he's white. Riggins ran with power and Hillis runs with Power both of these RB's just so happens to be WHITE! What I do know is, McD has yet to give Hillis the opportunity to see what he can do against quality Defenses in the NFL. I'd say allowing Moreno that opportunity against Indy is a good place to start.

Just like Moreno would show similarities to Terrell Davis if Denver ran from an I-Formation lead blocking FB with Griffen as Larsen could be Moreno's lead blocking FB with emphasis on a stretch zone blocking scheme.

SJ Bronco
12-07-2009, 04:10 PM
I don't hate peyton hillis, but his supporters are getting old.

SJ Bronco
12-07-2009, 04:11 PM
Funny part is, in almost every NFL city in the US, the back up QB is the guy everyone thinks will be the savior, in Denver it's the 3rd string RB.

rastaman
12-07-2009, 04:16 PM
He won't get any touches sunday unless we have injurie(s)..

Oh well, Moreno and CBuck had better keep the chains moving and Orton had better be on the mark with the short passing game or Manning is going to slice and dice the Broncos over 4 qtrs. No way can our Defense keep up with the Colts and shut down Manning and his WR's.

Moreno and CBuck has the task of ensuring they keep Manning on the sidelines as much as possible by moving the chains and converting 3rd and short.

Hillis doesnt need to start the game, but on the first or second series if Moreno and CBuck are faltering or getting off to a slow start.....McD had better put Hillis in there.

I'd hate to see us have 3 or 4 consecutive 3 downs and punt, while Manning turns those 3 or 4 opportunites into 21 to 24 points! Do You??

We don't have the offense nor QB to overcome a 3 to 4 TD lead.

watermock
12-07-2009, 04:17 PM
BTW, we finally pulled out the stretch play last week.

Holstien has dominated with Clady/Graham on the left.

Who the **** is going to stop us?

We freaking killed em running left.

Oh, that's right, I don't watch the games.

SJ Bronco
12-07-2009, 04:20 PM
BTW, we finally pulled out the stretch play last week.

Holstien has dominated with Clady/Graham on the left.

Who the **** is going to stop us?

We freaking killed em running left.

Oh, that's right, I don't watch the games.

most of the left side runs looked like trap plays designed to look like the stretch play going right. I'm almost never right, but that's what it looked like to me. The week before the stretch left dominated.

strafen
12-07-2009, 04:30 PM
I don't hate Hillis. I think he's an athletically gifted young man with the football IQ of my grandmother.I knew it.
I was wondering where your football acumen, or lack thereof came from.
Your own grandma, huh?!
Who would've thunk it! :rofl: :thumbsup:

Just messing with you, dude! ;D

strafen
12-07-2009, 04:32 PM
The Dragqueen Hillis cheerleaders are just silly.:slapsilly

Wow, it hardly took anything from me to get under your skin that quick, huh? :wave::~ohyah!:

Popps
12-07-2009, 04:42 PM
Blart

LOL

Nice.

bowtown
12-07-2009, 06:33 PM
I can't wait to see this place when Hillis is on the inactive list next week.

STBumpkin
12-07-2009, 06:50 PM
I don't know what goes on in practice, but given how well McD has performed this year, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. I think that he is evaluating talent all the time. If Hillis shows that he is better than Buck or Moreno, then he will get the carries. Hasn't happened yet, but maybe this is the week.

broncosteven
12-07-2009, 06:56 PM
I don't hate Hillis. I think he's an athletically gifted young man with the football IQ of my grandmother.

I have heard this also but I loved watching his last carry vs KFC. The play looked like it was going to be a 2 yard loss (Maybe he was out of position or ran the wrong read) but he ran through the 1st guy and dragged the 2nd guy for an 11 yard gain.

I don't think he should be a starter but he really does contribute when he is running the ball.

I hope his 47 yards in mop up time earns him some carries when games are on the line later.

DBroncos4life
12-07-2009, 06:56 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rd4jRk1Pncg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rd4jRk1Pncg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Someday I see Hillis doing something like this.

gtown
12-07-2009, 06:57 PM
Funny part is, in almost every NFL city in the US, the back up QB is the guy everyone thinks will be the savior, in Denver it's the 3rd string RB.

Wait till next year. McD gets rid of Sims and moves Brandstater to No. 2. He will then proceed to have a pretty good preseason. Orton will have a few struggles, and boom!, more threads about Brandstarter or whatever... The stage is already set for this.

Now this Hillis nonsense has gone too far. There is no middle ground. Why can't we just say that the guy deserves a few carries per week, especially in short yardage?

ant1999e
12-07-2009, 07:00 PM
Wow, it hardly took anything from me to get under your skin that quick, huh? :wave::~ohyah!:

Oh you didn't get under my skin. Your lust for Hillis has left an impression.

ant1999e
12-07-2009, 07:01 PM
Not soley b/c he's white. Riggins ran with power and Hillis runs with Power both of these RB's just so happens to be WHITE! What I do know is, McD has yet to give Hillis the opportunity to see what he can do against quality Defenses in the NFL. I'd say allowing Moreno that opportunity against Indy is a good place to start.

Just like Moreno would show similarities to Terrell Davis if Denver ran from an I-Formation lead blocking FB with Griffen as Larsen could be Moreno's lead blocking FB with emphasis on a stretch zone blocking scheme.

What is it really about?

Spider
12-07-2009, 07:06 PM

cause Riggins was the same kind of Back .............

LonghornBronco
12-07-2009, 07:07 PM
I think he carried the ball 7 times against the Chiefs...

ant1999e
12-07-2009, 07:12 PM
cause Riggins was the same kind of Back .............

What do you mean by same kind?:wiggle:

Spider
12-07-2009, 07:15 PM

;D ............. I am so not going there :D

theAPAOps5
12-07-2009, 07:17 PM
Don't hate the guy but am dying laughing at the people thumping their chest over Hillis running in clean up duty against the sorry sack KC Chiefs. Way to go Hillis its fun to watch but won't go crazy over mop up duty!

ant1999e
12-07-2009, 07:19 PM
Don't hate the guy but am dying laughing at the people thumping their chest over Hillis running in clean up duty against the sorry sack KC Chiefs. Way to go Hillis its fun to watch but won't go crazy over mop up duty!

The chief fans were doing the same thing for brodie at the end of the game on Sunday.

broncosteven
12-07-2009, 07:21 PM

The nice thing was that he saved Simms from having to throw the ball and Hillis was the reason Denver was able to run the clock out on that last drive. I am not saying that any other Bronco back couldn't have done it, except for maybe Lamont Jordan, but it was nice to see the team close out the game without having to punt at the end.

theAPAOps5
12-07-2009, 07:26 PM
The nice thing was that he saved Simms from having to throw the ball and Hillis was the reason Denver was able to run the clock out on that last drive. I am not saying that any other Bronco back couldn't have done it, except for maybe Lamont Jordan, but it was nice to see the team close out the game without having to punt at the end.

Don't get me wrong I enjoyed his hard running and you are exactly right about saving statue boy from passing. But it doesn't mean he should be the starter or even the 2nd back. Moreno and Buckhalter are 10x better.

ant1999e
12-07-2009, 07:28 PM

Thank God he did. We may have let the Chiefs back in that one.:wiggle:

Bronco Yoda
12-07-2009, 08:17 PM
ROFL! cool. been some time since I stirred the pot. I'm going to have to do it more.

BTW, I said that (Hillis-haters comment) in tongue-n-cheek.

I could have sworn I repped you to this fact but maybe it was someone else. But I could have sworn it was you. check your reps.

I doubt ANYONE really hates him... Why would anyone. He's the sort of player you want to root for. but I was making a point about all the people that are like yah I really like him... but... he doesn't deserve to see the field right now. He's retarded. But when he does make some noise I will be here to say I knew it all along.

All this passive-aggressive Hillis doubting. As if you appreciate what he brings will somehow then make you a Moreno hater or against McD.

McD isn't perfect. Moreno isn't Walter Payton. And Hillis isn't a bench warmer.

Don Flamenco
12-07-2009, 08:35 PM
Last time we were playing Indy in a relevant regular season game with their starters, Mike Anderson wasn't getting it done and Quentin Griffin got a chance off the bench shredded them all game long.

We also had the shutdown corner Lenny Walls hounding Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne all day:rofl:

Bronco Yoda
12-07-2009, 08:40 PM
Hillis bleeds for you and look how all you Haters treat him...
http://nation.theorangepage.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/gusfrerottebloodyhand.jpg

btw Hou, thats a joke :)

Los Broncos
12-07-2009, 08:44 PM
Last time we were playing Indy in a relevant regular season game with their starters, Mike Anderson wasn't getting it done and Quentin Griffin got a chance off the bench shredded them all game long.

We also had the shutdown corner Lenny Walls hounding Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne all day:rofl:

I remember one cut he made that freaked the defender out of his shoes, it was sick.

broncosteven
12-07-2009, 08:59 PM

I thought Q had to start because Portis had a bum ankle.

I was at that game, It was the game of Q's life.

I remember Denver pounding the ball all day. I still think Portis would have had 200+ on the ground as Q was caught from behind a couple times.

broncosteven
12-07-2009, 09:02 PM
Don't get me wrong I enjoyed his hard running and you are exactly right about saving statue boy from passing. But it doesn't mean he should be the starter or even the 2nd back. Moreno and Buckhalter are 10x better.

I think there is room to get Hillis 5 carries a game and get him involved in the screen/passing game. I don't think he should start unless injuries dictate it but I don't think there is a 10X dropoff behind Buck or Moreno.

Rock Chalk
12-07-2009, 09:30 PM
I voted yes.

I dont hate the guy personally, think he is an above average but nothing special player.

What I hate is the incessant love the guy gets around here for no reason.

He was the 5th option last year and is the 4th option this year FOR A ****ING REASON.

Shut the **** up about him. Pray to God we dont see him because if we are its because a **** load of people are injured ahead of him.

Bigdawg26
12-07-2009, 09:31 PM
AAWW man I remember Lenny Walls and what was the other corner out there??? Is was kelly herdon or something like that???

Rock Chalk
12-07-2009, 09:36 PM
AAWW man I remember Lenny Walls and what was the other corner out there??? Is was kelly herdon or something like that???

Walls sucked, but Herndon had a decent NFL career. He wasn't a bad corner for us.

Bronco Yoda
12-07-2009, 09:45 PM
Ok all you liars that say you don't hate Hillis. We got your names now you bunch of posers!!!!!!

ROFL!

ZONA
12-08-2009, 03:15 PM

Hillis is a much better athlete then Riggins was. Riggins just looked good because defenders back in them day were not the fastest. Now days you have 295 pound DE's who can run nearly as fast as 230 pound LB's back in them days.

Look, if you don't want Hillis in there because you think our chances are better with Moreno then that's cool. But I hate when chumps come in here and say that Hillis is a nothing. The man proved last year he's a force. Don't discount that just because he had a few mistakes early this year and has been in the dobhouse all year long. Moreno has had his share of screw ups also so lets cut Hillis a little slack here.

houghtam
12-08-2009, 03:17 PM
Ok all you liars that say you don't hate Hillis. We got your names now you bunch of posers!!!!!!

ROFL!

Yoda come on dude, you know me better than that. I know you from back on Cyberhigh, but I just couldn't let you make the mistake as being on the same side of an argument as dragster, rastaman, and mock (this website's version of Jlemieux, RaiderHater, and Snakesraiders).

Hillis may or may not be good enough to get 5 carries a game, but my question is, why let him get them anywhere else than garbage time if it's going to take away from our main back's carries?

Look at Atlanta. Before the injuries, was anyone making the case that Jason Snelling should be getting some of Michael Turner and Jerious Norwood's carries? It doesn't help things to turn a 1-2 combo into a 1-2-3 combo...it's hard enough to get into a rhythm when you're splitting carries with one guy, let alone two.

Oh well, at least I can say agree to disagree with you. Some of those other guys would BroncoFan7 their way right into another argument.

ZONA
12-08-2009, 03:20 PM
I think there is room to get Hillis 5 carries a game and get him involved in the screen/passing game. I don't think he should start unless injuries dictate it but I don't think there is a 10X dropoff behind Buck or Moreno.

That's exactly how I feel about it and I believe he is slowly earning his way towards that. Some people are so frickin stupid. Sure, he didn't start last year until almost everybody else got injured but don't think for one second that he would not have been the starter this year if Shanny was still here. His injury last year was probably the reason the offense fell apart at the end of the season. Kinda funny how people here forget that when he started last year, we were just ripping defenses in the running game until he got hurt.

houghtam
12-08-2009, 03:21 PM
Hillis is a much better athlete then Riggins was. Riggins just looked good because defenders back in them day were not the fastest. Now days you have 295 pound DE's who can run nearly as fast as 230 pound LB's back in them days.

Look, if you don't want Hillis in there because you think our chances are better with Moreno then that's cool. But I hate when chumps come in here and say that Hillis is a nothing. The man proved last year he's a force. Don't discount that just because he had a few mistakes early this year and has been in the dobhouse all year long. Moreno has had his share of screw ups also so lets cut Hillis a little slack here.

Yeah but why compare him to Riggins? Why not Craig Heyward or Natrone Means?

That's like when people compare Wes Welker and Brandon Stokley to Ed McCaffrey and Chris Collinsworth. Or Donovan McNabb to Randall Cunningham. It's not necessarily racist, but it's incredibly lazy.

Mr.Meanie
12-08-2009, 03:33 PM
Who compares Wes Welker to Ed McCaffrey?

ZONA
12-08-2009, 03:35 PM
I voted yes.

I dont hate the guy personally, think he is an above average but nothing special player.

What I hate is the incessant love the guy gets around here for no reason.

He was the 5th option last year and is the 4th option this year FOR A ****ING REASON.

Shut the **** up about him. Pray to God we dont see him because if we are its because a **** load of people are injured ahead of him.

You don't think he's a special player huh? Maybe you should go back and watch some of the games from last year, to refresh your memory. What makes Bucky and Moreno more special? What have they done this year that Hillis didn't do last year?

Lets compare some stats just so you people who don't think Hillis is special but think Moreno and Buckhalter are and that they are soooo much better then Hillis.

Rushes/Yards/Avg - Receptions/Yards/Avg - fumbles lost

Hillis stats from 2007

68/343/5.0 - 14/179/12.8 - 0

Moreno stats this year
182/774/4.3 - 16/96/6.0 - 4

Buckhalter stats this year
105/563/5.4 - 27/225/8.3 - 3

So how is it that both Buckhalter and Moreno are just light years ahead of Hillis again? Please, explain to us.

ZONA
12-08-2009, 03:39 PM
Yeah but why compare him to Riggins? Why not Craig Heyward or Natrone Means?

Well if you read through the previous posts before mine, you will see I wasn't the one comparing him to Riggins, I was replying to somebody who did.

houghtam
12-08-2009, 03:42 PM
Well if you read through the previous posts before mine, you will see I wasn't the one comparing him to Riggins, I was replying to somebody who did.

I KNOW that, I was replying to the quote you quoted.

ZONA
12-08-2009, 03:55 PM
I KNOW that, I was replying to the quote you quoted.

doh.

All the same, I just have to laugh at some of these guys who think Hillis is a scrub, or at least a significant drop in talent over Moreno and Bucky. I actually do like both of those guys and I think they are great players but I think Hillis before all is said and done has something to contribute to this team. If he wasn't showing McD any signs that he can contribute somewhere down the line I don't think he would be here.

Broncoman13
12-08-2009, 06:54 PM
Sorry to call you out, Yoda...but it's time we find out who those damned Hillis haters are once and for all!

Where's the third option... the one that says I should never start another poll...EVER!?!

~Crash~
12-08-2009, 10:42 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rd4jRk1Pncg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rd4jRk1Pncg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Someday I see Hillis doing something like this.

And just what do you do for a living because I see hills living his deams ...:wiggle:

Popps
12-08-2009, 11:07 PM
So how is it that both Buckhalter and Moreno are just light years ahead of Hillis again? Please, explain to us.

For one, you're comparing Hillis to a guy who has 3x as many carries as he did. Obviously, your average goes down the more you carry the ball.

Beyond that, there's been plenty of statistical data to prove that our current combo of runners is more effective than Hillis was last season, even in short-yardage.

I like Hillis, as I keep saying... but this is just silliness. McDaniels is an offensive guru. Shanahan was an offensive guru. Both chose to keep him in a reserve role.

You can ask yourself why... or you can continue to believe that you know better than McDaniels/Shanahan.

Personally, when there's enough smoke, I assume there's some fire... and Hillis may not have mental attributes to match his physical ability.

Spider
12-08-2009, 11:39 PM
McD likes Hillis or Hillis would be gone ............

Bronco Yoda
12-09-2009, 12:38 AM
Yoda come on dude, you know me better than that. I know you from back on Cyberhigh, but I just couldn't let you make the mistake as being on the same side of an argument as dragster, rastaman, and mock (this website's version of Jlemieux, RaiderHater, and Snakesraiders).

Hillis may or may not be good enough to get 5 carries a game, but my question is, why let him get them anywhere else than garbage time if it's going to take away from our main back's carries?

Look at Atlanta. Before the injuries, was anyone making the case that Jason Snelling should be getting some of Michael Turner and Jerious Norwood's carries? It doesn't help things to turn a 1-2 combo into a 1-2-3 combo...it's hard enough to get into a rhythm when you're splitting carries with one guy, let alone two.

Oh well, at least I can say agree to disagree with you. Some of those other guys would BroncoFan7 their way right into another argument.

I know what you're saying...I'm feeling ya Ha! But I rather think I'm on my own side of this argument. I don't buy the retard factor the con's are pushing anymore than I believe in the conspiracy theories against McD either. I don't mind standing alone if need be. I was never that smart anyway...Ha!

In the end I realize it's probably just a numbers game. I dismiss any notion that he hasn't 'earned it'.

Fact is I liked Hillis the moment we got him...before he ever put on our uniform. I already knew what he could do. I'm not a johny-come-lately. He's my adopt-a-Bronco so I'm going to pimp him.

And... I truly believe he could be a starter in this league. A starter in our system over all others remains to be seen. I'm open to that but I'd like to see him get a fair shake at it because I prefer power backs

Again I like power backs! Last years RB fiasco only confirmed it for me. Too often in the past we've settled for scat-backs sacrificing power and endurance only to become a mash unit before the end of the season. All our fragile RB's broken to pieces.

Give me a 245lb RB bruiser next year in the draft and I'll do back flips. I don't even care how fast he is as long as he can run, block, catch and punch someone in the nose while laughing at his own bloody limb barely attached.

Back to Hillis. I believe he could explode in this offense even more than in Shanahans. IMO he was made for McD's bubble screens. He's got that same stop and slide move as Marshall. And I like how he runs over people. He finishes. Very important for 3rd downs and inside the 5 yrd line.

As of right now, I do not consider Moreno our Main back yet. Not even close. He still has a lot to learn and improve on. I could break it down but the conversation would only get side tracked.

IMO C-Buck is our most effective FRESH back. If only his wheels weren't already worn down.

It's always best to have a plan for your running game. Either grind it out and develop a rhythm to break a couple long ones ....or.... wear them down to open up something late.

So far we've allowed Moreno to grind but he hasn't been breaking any long ones. Maybe it's time to see if we can put some wear on someone. That's what I'm saying.

But in the end I'm not losing sleep over it as long as we're winning. That's what really matters and I haven't lost sight of that.

ZONA
12-09-2009, 01:03 AM
For one, you're comparing Hillis to a guy who has 3x as many carries as he did. Obviously, your average goes down the more you carry the ball.

Beyond that, there's been plenty of statistical data to prove that our current combo of runners is more effective than Hillis was last season, even in short-yardage.

I like Hillis, as I keep saying... but this is just silliness. McDaniels is an offensive guru. Shanahan was an offensive guru. Both chose to keep him in a reserve role.

You can ask yourself why... or you can continue to believe that you know better than McDaniels/Shanahan.

Personally, when there's enough smoke, I assume there's some fire... and Hillis may not have mental attributes to match his physical ability.

* Your average does not automatically go down the more carries you get. Why would Buckhalter have a higher average then Hillis with more carries? That right there should end that discussion.

* What is this statistical data you talk about? I already gave you all the rushing/receiving data and it says in black and white that Hillis was running just as good and catching better then both these guys with less fumbles. And the one thing there is not a stat for is just how much a big pounding back wears down a defense.

* Tom Brady was once in a reserved role, as well as Farve and many other great players. Once Hillis got into the starting role, you saw what he did so quit playing stupid and acting like it was no big deal. You don't think Shanny was devistated when he lost Hillis for the season? OMG, get a frickin clue. And as for McD, well he was bringing in a whole new system and clearly was bringing in his own guys and trying to go with what he knew. He's yet to really give Hillis the chance that Shanny was forced to last year. But it's been said by many here, if Hillis would not have gotten hurt, that team most likely wins the division and Shanny is still the coach and Hillis is your starting RB for the Broncos. Go ahead and pretend he is some ordinary player who doesn't deserve to be on the field more. It's your opinion.

* I'm so sick of hearing this ignorant stuff about Hillis not being smart enough. Shanny's offense wasn't exactly vanilla and when he was on the field starting last year he knew enough to smash defenders in the face as he ran over them, gaining big chunks of yards. Not sure how smart you guys think football players need to be but some news for ya, they don't need to be all that smart. Most of these guys are not what you called "gifted" mentally. If he was as dumb as some suggest, he would not even be playing football.

oubronco
12-09-2009, 06:24 AM
He's one bad muthafugga when given the ball who wouldn't like a freight train RB who carries defenders for first downs and has good hands and speed

Rock Chalk
12-09-2009, 06:33 AM
You don't think he's a special player huh? Maybe you should go back and watch some of the games from last year, to refresh your memory. What makes Bucky and Moreno more special? What have they done this year that Hillis didn't do last year?

Lets compare some stats just so you people who don't think Hillis is special but think Moreno and Buckhalter are and that they are soooo much better then Hillis.

Rushes/Yards/Avg - Receptions/Yards/Avg - fumbles lost

Hillis stats from 2007

68/343/5.0 - 14/179/12.8 - 0

Moreno stats this year
182/774/4.3 - 16/96/6.0 - 4

Buckhalter stats this year
105/563/5.4 - 27/225/8.3 - 3

Two offensive guru's in the NFL have had him behind several other players on the depth chart.

Two guys who, by their knowledge and ability and pure awesome make their reasoning far more sound and logical than anything you or any other Hillis lover can possibly give.

Mike Shanahan and Josh McDaniels BOTH had Hillis far down the depth chart. There is a reason for that. Why cant you ****ing morons get it through your skulls. Its possible for one coach to overlook a player, but when TWO offensive guru's BOTH have him below others on the roster, that makes it pretty obvious he is NOT as good as you dip****s think he is.

oubronco
12-09-2009, 06:40 AM
Two offensive guru's in the NFL have had him behind several other players on the depth chart.

Two guys who, by their knowledge and ability and pure awesome make their reasoning far more sound and logical than anything you or any other Hillis lover can possibly give.

Mike Shanahan and Josh McDaniels BOTH had Hillis far down the depth chart. There is a reason for that. Why cant you ****ing morons get it through your skulls. Its possible for one coach to overlook a player, but when TWO offensive guru's BOTH have him below others on the roster, that makes it pretty obvious he is NOT as good as you dip****s think he is.

why can't you get it through your head He's proven he can be effective and a Badass when given the chance EVERYTIME

rastaman
12-09-2009, 12:06 PM
Peyton Hillis is the real deal. If Mor-Buck aint getting it done! Then Hillis should be given the chance. Plain and simple.

Perhaps Moreno and CBuck knowing Hillis is going to get his carries, will motivate Moreno and CBuck to run harder or lose carries to Hillis.

Bronco LB52
12-09-2009, 12:21 PM

Hillis started for Shanahan at fullback from the start of the 2008 season. That's his natural position. Shanahan never intended to use Hillis at halfback in the first place. An emergency situation landed him in that role last year.

broncocalijohn
12-09-2009, 12:29 PM
So three people hate him; A gay, guy trying to not be proven wrong and one opiniated screamer. Now that is a group.

bowtown
12-09-2009, 12:40 PM
So three people hate him; A gay, guy trying to not be proven wrong and one opiniated screamer. Now that is a group.

I think that there should also be some obscure poster who no one really recognizes in there.

There, much better.

Archer81
12-09-2009, 12:41 PM

I guess Blart doesnt like beefy country guys.

Now me, I love them.

But we neednt go into that here...

:Broncos:

broncosteven
12-09-2009, 01:46 PM

You sure all 3 aren't gay?

errand
12-09-2009, 03:30 PM

...and of course when black RB's are only compared to other black RB's, you say nothing.

houghtam
12-09-2009, 04:31 PM

What do YOU mean "you people"?

:afro:

ZONA
12-09-2009, 08:00 PM

Hey dude, frickin relax a bit and quit calling others morons just because their opinion is different then yours. Not everything is as black and white as you suggest it to be. Obviously Shanny had him lower on the RB depth chart last year because he was an unknown player, a low pick, a rookie. When he got his chance, he shined and in a big time way. Just because McD took over and wanted to do thing his way doesn't take away from the fact that Hillis proved last year he was a very good player. Get it through your thick skull that he would be the starting RB right now if he didn't get hurt and Shanny was still here. That throws out your logic about HC's not wanting him higher on the chart. What about Mike Bell? He was cut and now he's having a good season in NO. I guess using your logic that he must not be a good player because he was cut and wasn't the #1 RB on the depth chart.

I'd bet you a hundred bucks that if Moreno got hurt and Hillis got the chance to carry the ball 20 times a game, he would get over 100 yards per game.

There is a reason why so many guys like Hillis. We don't like him because he's some RB who has done nothing, or when given the play time, went out on the field and just failed. He tore it up last year. That's why we like him. It's our opinion and if you don't like it then tough ****.

misturanderson
12-09-2009, 08:12 PM
We don't like him because he's some RB who has done nothing, or when given the play time, went out on the field and just failed.

That's pretty much the exact description of what he's done this year prior to last game.

ZONA
12-10-2009, 07:08 PM
That's pretty much the exact description of what he's done this year prior to last game.

Wrong. Failed is something like what you would associate with Cutler's play. A guy who has been given a good amount of playing time, chance after chance after chance and still continues to make monumental mistakes. Hillis had 1 fumble in a game early this season and didn't really get any carries after that. Then he was put in as a kick returner (not something he really does) and fumbled again. If you're going to judge Hillis on those 2 plays then judge the other players on their mistakes as well. Dare you find a player on this team that hasn't made a few mistakes this year. But just as we saw at the end of the last game, he's slowly getting in good graces with McD and I think his contributions to this team will increase this year and into next year.

broncosteven
12-10-2009, 07:11 PM
Wrong. Failed is something like what you would associate with Cutler's play. A guy who has been given a good amount of playing time, chance after chance after chance and still continues to make monumental mistakes. Hillis had 1 fumble in a game early this season and didn't really get any carries after that. Then he was put in as a kick returner (not something he really does) and fumbled again. If you're going to judge Hillis on those 2 plays then judge the other players on their mistakes as well. Dare you find a player on this team that hasn't made a few mistakes this year. But just as we saw at the end of the last game, he's slowly getting in good graces with McD and I think his contributions to this team will increase this year and into next year.

He lined up in the wrong spot and had some undisclosed personal problem that wasn't reported on, I only caught McD say something in a Monday presser.

I think Hillis has all the talent in the world but he is riding on his athleticism (sp?). Once the new system sinks in and he stops killing himself for every little thing I am guessing he finds more playing time.

Otherwise he will be cut or traded before TC next year.

I enjoy watching him play, I hope he gets it.

ZONA
12-10-2009, 07:40 PM
He lined up in the wrong spot and had some undisclosed personal problem that wasn't reported on, I only caught McD say something in a Monday presser.

I think Hillis has all the talent in the world but he is riding on his athleticism (sp?). Once the new system sinks in and he stops killing himself for every little thing I am guessing he finds more playing time.

Otherwise he will be cut or traded before TC next year.

I enjoy watching him play, I hope he gets it.

That's for sure. Some guys may not like him and that's fine. Not everybody likes certain players the same way. But one thing is for sure, it's fun as heck to watch him just stomp over players as he plows downfield.

bowtown
12-10-2009, 09:34 PM
It's too bad Broncofan7 isn't around to point out the 4 reverse racists in this poll.

Bronco Yoda
12-13-2009, 08:50 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v30/netizen/Bronco%20Avs/McDsayings22.jpg

:giggle:

Bronco Yoda
12-19-2009, 04:14 PM
bump :)

Bronco Yoda
12-19-2009, 05:39 PM
bumpity bump per WhoIsJohnGalt request