PDA

View Full Version : blitzing peyton manning

tsiguy96
12-07-2009, 01:08 PM
doesnt work. period.

rather, if teh gameplan is to go out and blitz him all day long, lets not even board the plane. 5 sacks and QB rating of 112 on blitz's to peyton.

when we bring additional pressure, my guess it will be a corner blitz or someone quick off the edge, no LBs up the gut i would guess because that leaves the middle of the field open for addai or clark or whoever is crossing, and peyton will hit them.

gonna have to rely on the front 4 to get it done, i assume ayers and elvis will be playing a lot .

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-07-2009, 01:13 PM
According to SI.com's splits on Manning, teams have blitzed him 106 times this yr. On those plays - 5 sacks and a QB rating of 112.3

Archer81
12-07-2009, 01:18 PM
According to SI.com's splits on Manning, teams have blitzed him 106 times this yr. On those plays - 5 sacks and a QB rating of 112.3

Could see a game more like what we did vs New England. You dont have to always get to Manning or Brady to frustrate them.

:Broncos:

gyldenlove
12-07-2009, 01:23 PM
You need to not show him what you are going to do, but very rarely blitz and when you blitz, bring the house.

The thing that worries me is that they run a very fast offense which will prevent us from substituting as much as we like, that could hurt us in the long run.

oubronco
12-07-2009, 01:30 PM
McD's seen enough of Jughead to know what works he'll have something for them maybe a little widhorses

Paladin
12-07-2009, 01:32 PM
"Vert fast Offense: is not a phrase I would have asssociated with the guy who wanders around, talks BS to the players yelling nonsense, lines up and steps once, stops, moves around, points to the D, lines up and finally snaps the ball.

NOw if you mean they watch for the 12 man possibles, yes. However, I have seen Indy caught with that a couple of times.....

I just don't like melonhead.....

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-07-2009, 01:41 PM
Guys, guys, guys...

His nickname is fetushead. Because his head looks like the head of a fetus.

Sheesh, get it right.

Boobs McGee
12-07-2009, 01:53 PM
This is the game where our decorated secondary is gonna shut the white thunder down...Champ, Bdawk, Goodman, and of course, the new addition, Ty Law. I'm starting to think maybe Josh had a little something in mind when he was brought in. Doesn't Law have more pics against manning than anyone else?

Anywho, I think we drop back and pick peyton apart all night.

This is the most relentless and talented group of pro-bowlers I can remember in one backfield...and they all hate #18.

There will be at least three int's IMO

Los Broncos
12-07-2009, 02:01 PM
Here comes Satan!

Cito Pelon
12-07-2009, 02:09 PM
doesnt work. period.

rather, if teh gameplan is to go out and blitz him all day long, lets not even board the plane. 5 sacks and QB rating of 112 on blitz's to peyton.

when we bring additional pressure, my guess it will be a corner blitz or someone quick off the edge, no LBs up the gut i would guess because that leaves the middle of the field open for addai or clark or whoever is crossing, and peyton will hit them.

gonna have to rely on the front 4 to get it done, i assume ayers and elvis will be playing a lot .

You don't spit into the wind and you don't pull on Superman's cape.

Seems to me you play Indy to contain them. No turnovers and don't give them the big plays. Indy can nickle and dime you also, but frustrate their big plays and maybe Denver can deal them a loss finally.

oubronco
12-07-2009, 02:09 PM
Here comes Satan!

:spit:

barryr
12-07-2009, 02:26 PM
To be effective against Manning, you need to time your blitzes very well and you are going to have to show things he hasn't seen on film since he is a quick study, so if just showing him what you usually show other teams, he will pick you apart. The Pats would do some exotic type of blitzes and looks when they were the most effective against him. Doesn't hurt to say the least if you can get a strong push from your DL and LB's too.

Pony Boy
12-07-2009, 02:30 PM
I love the Manning commericals were he plays a complete dimwit but deep down we all know he might be the smartest QB that ever played the game. "Dumb like a fox"

SonOfLe-loLang
12-07-2009, 02:59 PM
To be effective agaisnt manning, the key is getting a push up the middle so he can't step up in the pocket. now, regardless, he's gonna have his successes. But if you've watched those old new england games, he can get frustrated when he's consistently throwing off his back foot.

Now, thisi s easier said than done.

ZONA
12-07-2009, 03:11 PM
You can't blitz manning and you also can't sit back in coverage for 5 seconds and let their receivers roam around. The only way to beat the Colts is stuff the run and get pressure with your front 4. At least in a 3-4 defense you can somewhat disguise who that 4th person is and where they come from.

You have to limit the amount of touches they have and chew up clock when you have it. So look for the Broncos to try and control this game with their own running attack.

And probably most important thing of all, you cannot settle for FG's if you get into the red zone, you need to convert and score TD's, period. The offense needs to score at least 28 points to win this game. I think if the Broncos can limit the quick scoring drives of the Colts and the big plays, make them earn everything slowly, you have a chance.

cmhargrove
12-07-2009, 03:15 PM
Guys, guys, guys...

His nickname is fetushead. Because his head looks like the head of a fetus.

Sheesh, get it right.

What the hell are you talking about?

He has been "peanut head" around here for years. Do we need to settle this with a new thread and public poll?

mr007
12-07-2009, 03:17 PM
Manning needs to be pressured, period.

Stats like these are useless... you can blitz someone and have absolutely no pressure, in which case I'm sure Manning lit up the secondary when he had a blitz coming, time to throw, and less people in coverage.

We need to blitz and effectively put pressure on Manning. If we do not pressure him, he will light us up all day.

OBF1
12-07-2009, 03:20 PM
Let me correct you.... He is an eggplant head.

It will be simple to beat Indianpolis, Just follow the blue print of........ you know, the team that beat them this year. Just do what they did and we will have success.

Running the wild Horses will not keep Peyton from throwing all over the field. We need some sort of new look defense to throw him off balance.

DBroncos4life
12-07-2009, 03:22 PM
Manning is just amazing at getting teams to tip their hands before the play starts. I liked what the Cards did to Favre last night. Bunching the LBs right up till the snap so Favre couldn't read the D.

broncosteven
12-07-2009, 03:24 PM
You can't blitz manning and you also can't sit back in coverage for 5 seconds and let their receivers roam around. The only way to beat the Colts is stuff the run and get pressure with your front 4. At least in a 3-4 defense you can somewhat disguise who that 4th person is and where they come from.

You have to limit the amount of touches they have and chew up clock when you have it. So look for the Broncos to try and control this game with their own running attack.

And probably most important thing of all, you cannot settle for FG's if you get into the red zone, you need to convert and score TD's, period. The offense needs to score at least 28 points to win this game. I think if the Broncos can limit the quick scoring drives of the Colts and the big plays, make them earn everything slowly, you have a chance.

This!

Pick Six
12-07-2009, 03:27 PM

Stats like these are useless... you can blitz someone and have absolutely no pressure, in which case I'm sure Manning lit up the secondary when he had a blitz coming, time to throw, and less people in coverage.

We need to blitz and effectively put pressure on Manning. If we do not pressure him, he will light us up all day.

This is also my way of thinking. Yes, we have an awesome secondary (one of the best in the NFL). It won't mean anything unless we make Manning hurry his throws...

boltaneer
12-07-2009, 03:30 PM
You have to blitz and pressure Manning to slow him down. The key is not to declare too early. Peyton gets defenses to do this all the time and that's when he'll read what's going on or check to a different play.

When the Chargers play him, they either show him a fake look to get Peyton to audible and then they wait until there's a few seconds on the play clock to line up where they really want to go . By that time, it's too late for Peyton or the o-line to make adustments.

I and other Charger fans always used to wonder why the defense only seems to give all these confusing looks to the Colts and not when they play anyone else. It's because Peyton actually brings this upon himself with all the calls he likes to do pre-snap.

When you read that you can't blitz Manning because it doesn't work, it's simply not true. You have to blitz him otherwise he'll just pick you apart all day long. That's where the 3-4 comes in good against him because you can blitz and confuse him without having to bring the house. Still he will burn you on occasion but you can't play defense scared like that against him.

Bronco Warrior
12-07-2009, 03:41 PM
The only reason that Manning is so good on blitzes, is because they are usually poorly disguised! Peyton does a lot of bullshyt to try to get D's to show their hand early and then hits the hot read. We have the coverage to frustrate him and even on blitzes the key will disguise and change the look we give before bringing the heat. I love my boy Collie, but the first time Dawkins tattos the BYU Fight Song on his ass he will slow up and Adai and that running game couldn't rush it's way out of a wet paper sack!

Keys to the Win:
1- run the damn ball! Chew up clock with Moreno Buckhalter, and hell yes HILLIS!!!
2- don't give Peyton a clean look at the pre-snap D. Make him be the guy guessing! Don't buy into all the Hocus Pocus Flim Flam HorseShyt that Manning does, just for show, before the snap!
3- RUN THE DAMN BALL!! Did I mention that yet? lol! Keep Captian Fetus Peaut-head off the field!!!

Bronco Warrior
12-07-2009, 03:43 PM
Manning is just amazing at getting teams to tip their hands before the play starts. I liked what the Cards did to Favre last night. Bunching the LBs right up till the snap so Favre couldn't read the D.

Good call..perfect example of what I was saying! Nolan is a genius..look for some creative Stuff like that! The 3-4 is always more of a problem for Manning. And a blitz is counted if you bring aybody but your front line...not an accurate stat!

broncofan2438
12-07-2009, 03:46 PM
So....dont blitz, dont stay back....so basically dont play the, cause were gonna lose??

Bronco Warrior
12-07-2009, 04:08 PM
So....dont blitz, dont stay back....so basically dont play the, cause were gonna lose??

Run guard out with Moreno and Buckhalter, then punch them in the sack inside with Hillis..down the field, chew up the clock! That Toss Sweep for Moreno's second TD was along time coming! McD needs to use more of that stuff..and more Play Action and misdrection!

Bronx33
12-07-2009, 04:10 PM
We have a better backfield this year so yes blitz him getting him off his game would be a huge plus plus hes funny when he gets mad.

broncolife
12-07-2009, 04:31 PM
Manning is a audible machine. All he does is audible. Anybody remember the game when Manning would audible and then Al Wilson would audible right back. It was hilarious.

Bronx33
12-07-2009, 04:51 PM
we have no shot....

http://boards.espn.go.com/boards/mb/mb?sport=nfl&id=ind&tid=5999433&lid=10

Cito Pelon
12-07-2009, 05:09 PM
Dang Coyer is the Indy DC. And he's made that D into an effective unit.

rastaman
12-07-2009, 05:26 PM
To be effective agaisnt manning, the key is getting a push up the middle so he can't step up in the pocket. now, regardless, he's gonna have his successes. But if you've watched those old new england games, he can get frustrated when he's consistently throwing off his back foot.

Now, thisi s easier said than done.

Or if we use our 3 headed running attack (Moreno, Hillis, and CBuck) to keep the chains moving and keeping Satan Manning on the sidelines as much as possible he can't burn you as often. You get a lead on Peyton while eating up valuable clock time, now Peyton needs to press and the likelihood of him making mistakes and bad throwes will increase. Should this happens the Denver D is now in position for interceptions and further frustrating Manning. It all starts with McD unleashing the 3 headded Rushing attack.

rastaman
12-07-2009, 05:30 PM
We have a better backfield this year so yes blitz him getting him off his game would be a huge plus plus hes funny when he gets mad.

Getting Manning off his game would be keeping on the sidelines as much as possible with our running attack consistenting of Hillis, Moreno, and CBuck. Denver would be in position for the upset. We can't win a shoot out against the Colts. And if Denver can't move the ball with the run and short passing attack to convert 3rd downs and killing clock time, we drastically cut our chances for victory.

oubronco
12-07-2009, 06:22 PM
they will be up for this game they can wrap up home field this weekend so any talk of not getting their best game is out the window

Los Broncos
12-07-2009, 07:46 PM
"Addai is the best RB in the NFL" Hilarious!

Spider
12-07-2009, 08:03 PM
;D all these keys against manning ..............
Meh.........Cant stop manning and the colts offense , but you can contain them ........
Last time we played them peckers we was a 4-3 , this time a 3-4 ........ doom has to come up big , we run the ball keep penis noggin on the sideline .........

azbroncfan
12-07-2009, 08:31 PM

That isn't the case if you send more than 4 he will kill you. That is why NE never blitz'd him earlier in the year and even Belichek said you can't beat Indy by blitzing manning.

lex
12-07-2009, 08:33 PM
Blitzing Peyton Manning is a gerund.

That is all.

Bronx33
12-07-2009, 08:34 PM
That isn't the case if you send more than 4 he will kill you. That is why NE never blitz'd him earlier in the year and even Belichek said you can't beat Indy by blitzing manning.

Disguised blitzes may be effective for letting manning have all day would be a bad thing either way you look at it.

azbroncfan
12-07-2009, 08:47 PM
Disguised blitzes may be effective for letting manning have all day would be a bad thing either way you look at it.

Your better off playing coverage and hoping your front 4 get there because if they don't your dead. If you blitz you might as well forget winning the game because Manning is so fast with his reads your blitz's there is no way you can stop them.

Lolad
12-07-2009, 08:48 PM
We need to stop the run early! If we stop the run we can focus on limiting their passing game. If Indy still is running the ball in the 4th quarter while mixing in the passing game I think we are in trouble.

We need to get pressure I could care less how it comes.. Just don't let these idiots run wild and make big plays.

snowspot66
12-07-2009, 08:53 PM
We need to stop the run early! If we stop the run we can focus on limiting their passing game. If Indy still is running the ball in the 4th quarter while mixing in the passing game I think we are in trouble.

We need to get pressure I could care less how it comes.. Just don't let these idiots run wild and make big plays.

I disagree. They have one of the worst running games in the league statistically. Either they can't run or don't choose to run. When you are one of the league worst it's usually you can't. We need to believe we can handle the run game no matter what the situation and who we have in and try to slow up their passing game.

tsiguy96
12-07-2009, 09:01 PM
I disagree. They have one of the worst running games in the league statistically. Either they can't run or don't choose to run. When you are one of the league worst it's usually you can't. We need to believe we can handle the run game no matter what the situation and who we have in and try to slow up their passing game.

addai is going nuts lately. hes been on my fantasy bench for 4 weeks and putting up a ton...

snowspot66
12-07-2009, 09:15 PM
addai is going nuts lately. hes been on my fantasy bench for 4 weeks and putting up a ton...

He's getting touchdowns but not yards. They're a good run team in the red zone only. If we let them get to the redzone a lot the running game is the least of our problems.

Bronx33
12-07-2009, 09:18 PM
Your better off playing coverage and hoping your front 4 get there because if they don't your dead. If you blitz you might as well forget winning the game because Manning is so fast with his reads your blitz's there is no way you can stop them.

I don't see why we can't handle them like we did the chargers in the first meeting.

mr007
12-07-2009, 09:26 PM

Ohh, you mean like when we tried to rush 4 all game long and never blitzed and he lit us up for like 450 yards?

azbroncfan
12-07-2009, 09:50 PM
Ohh, you mean like when we tried to rush 4 all game long and never blitzed and he lit us up for like 450 yards?

Uhh I said Indy is a terrible matchup for Denver and they always been and you know why? Denver hasn't been able to get pressure with only 4 in 7 years since Plummer's first year here. It's a guaranteed loss if you blitz him.

azbroncfan
12-07-2009, 09:52 PM
I don't see why we can't handle them like we did the chargers in the first meeting.

That plan will not work against Manning. It usually doesn't work against San Diego either but in that game their OL was playing terrible up to that point in the season.

Bronco Yoda
12-07-2009, 09:59 PM
We have to mix it up. If we just rush four, he'll pick us apart. I trust our backfield. We have a lot of experience back there.

Lolad
12-07-2009, 10:40 PM
We need to make Manning hold on to the ball longer... With tight coverage and exotic looks in the backfield. Hopefully the pocket closes in on him. I need Ayers to reach the QB and do more than pat him on the chest this game

KevinJames
12-08-2009, 12:59 AM
We need to hit him as much as we can who cares if we get a sack.

Archer81
12-08-2009, 02:47 AM
We have to mix it up. If we just rush four, he'll pick us apart. I trust our backfield. We have a lot of experience back there.

+1.

Colts are not going to fool Dawkins, Hill, Bailey, Goodman and Law all that often.

extralife
12-08-2009, 02:53 AM
3-4 teams traditionally have more success against Peyton than 4-3 teams, however. This is especially true when it comes to blitzing. Think of the teams that have beaten the Colts over the years - Pats, Chargers, Steelers. These are all 3-4 teams. Granted, they are also <i>talented</i> teams, but the proof is there. You can't just sit around and beat Peyton Manning. He will not make a mistake without being pressured, and his guys <i>will</i> get open. He <i>will</i> find them. You play with fire if you try to bend against the Colts and tighten up in the red zone. They are a timing offense; if you let Peyton get in a rhythm you've signed your own death warrant.

In order to blitz him effectively, you're either going to have to get to him near immediately, or your coverage schemes are going to have to be very exotic. You can leave people open against Peyton while blitzing, but you had better make sure they aren't open immediately. Your coverage can't commit early, because the pass rush needs the extra second to disrupt Peyton. Historically he hasn't been that great while under pressure, and he will occasionally either force a throw into coverage or get rid of the ball before defenders have committed. He can be had, but it takes supreme organization and planning. The defense has to think; you won't brute force your way to Peyton.

UberBroncoMan
12-08-2009, 02:58 AM
Let me correct you.... He is an eggplant head.

It will be simple to beat Indianpolis, Just follow the blue print of........ you know, the team that beat them this year. Just do what they did and we will have success.

Running the wild Horses will not keep Peyton from throwing all over the field. We need some sort of new look defense to throw him off balance.

This is sarcasm RIGHT?

UberBroncoMan
12-08-2009, 03:02 AM
+1.

Colts are not going to fool Dawkins, Hill, Bailey, Goodman and Law all that often.

I do however think they've been watching New England and Kansas City footage.

We are exploitable in situations with routs that turn into go-routs, that lead (with a good pass) to a long TD.

Cassel 60 million $ man hits Wade and that's a big momentum shift.

Brady hits wide-open Welker and Moss and that's two TD's and a win for them.

We've been very fortunate this year that so many passes have missed wide open WR's for what would have been sure TD's.

It just so happens Manning is phenomenal in this respect and I have no doubt that unless we fix that issue they will score a 50+ yard TD on us this coming Sunday.

Archer81
12-08-2009, 03:17 AM
I do however think they've been watching New England and Kansas City footage.

We are exploitable in situations with routs that turn into go-routs, that lead (with a good pass) to a long TD.

Cassel 60 million $ man hits Wade and that's a big momentum shift.

Brady hits wide-open Welker and Moss and that's two TD's and a win for them.

We've been very fortunate this year that so many passes have missed wide open WR's for what would have been sure TD's.

It just so happens Manning is phenomenal in this respect and I have no doubt that unless we fix that issue they will score a 50+ yard TD on us this coming Sunday.

I am actually not worried about the defense. The Colts will get some, they are too good to expect us to shut them down every drive. They will get a big pass play, they will get points. The key is not to panic. This is not the 2003, 2004 Broncos defense. Its not Bailey and a bunch of practice squad guys.

I am more interested in our offense responding and getting 7 when they go on those 10-15 play drives. TOP is so important, Manning is a rythm guy, who gets frustrated when he is not on the field. Broncos keep it close into the fourth quarter, they could snatch one from Indi. This Broncos team is loaded with smart players, hopefully they play that way and dont press.

Caveat Lector
12-08-2009, 03:31 AM
I'm guessing we use the Belichick blueprint. Plenty of 'big nickel', 4 down linemen 2 LBs, 3 safeties. A little similar to what we used against SD the first time with Barrett covering Clark. Not much blitzing, just daring them to run...

rastaman
12-08-2009, 08:59 AM
Key to Denvers victory is to move the ball down field with short passes and the running attack sustaining drives to take time off the clock and keeping Manning on the sidelines as much as possible. With each possession however, the offense needs to get 3-7 points to counter Mannings ability to score TD's on most of his possessions. I'd take 6-14 going into to half time b/c the game is still w/i reach! However, Denver goes into half time with having scored 14-24 points.....and the game is over. The way to avoid this scenario is to attempt to run the ball down Indy's throats with "Mo-Buck". If Mo-Buck can't get it started or sustain the running attack, then you gotta give Hillis some opportunities to see if he can kick start the rushing attack. If Denver score TD or FG's due to a sustained rushing attack, we have a dam good chance of winning b/c the rushing attack is keeping Peyton off the field and killing the clock. If the rushing attack continues to move the chains in 3rd and 4th qtrs and we have the lead....then Manning will start to press and be susceptible to making bad decisions/interceptions.

oubronco
12-08-2009, 09:23 AM
it didn't work too good for ball control Tennessee or Miami

uplink
12-08-2009, 09:27 AM
It will be hard to beat them without forcing turnovers or getting quality pressure/sacks
they are hot and confident right now. Other teams aren't having success so why would the broncos?

I'd have extra training on stripping the ball from ball carriers this week and relentlessly hit the colts with it. Stand players up and have 2nd players come in and go for the strip at every opportunity. Got to take some chances and hit them with something they don't expect.

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Archer81
12-08-2009, 09:47 AM
Colts are last in the NFL in rushing. Thats just rodonkulous.

chex
12-08-2009, 10:04 AM
Colts are last in the NFL in rushing. Thats just rodonkulous.

Wow, that's amazing. And the Chargers are 29th.

Meanwhile the Jets are first in rushing offense and 3rd in overall defense.

mr007
12-08-2009, 12:13 PM
Uhh I said Indy is a terrible matchup for Denver and they always been and you know why? Denver hasn't been able to get pressure with only 4 in 7 years since Plummer's first year here. It's a guaranteed loss if you blitz him.

I guess I'll just have to disagree with you there. In the many years I've watched Peyton, he is at his worst when he has pressure, whether that comes from the front 4 or well designed blitzes that he isn't expecting.

Bronco Yoda
12-08-2009, 12:30 PM
Let's see now. We need to chase down a slow moving over payed athlete that makes a living out of ripping people up on the green this sunday.

We need Elin and her 9 iron!

mhgaffney
12-08-2009, 02:14 PM
I think both are correct.

You have to get pressure up the middle --

while you contain.

If we don't get pressure Manning will pick us apart.

If we don't contain Manning he will throw 5 TD passes.

ERGO BOTH are correct. ALL OF THE ABOVE.

barryr
12-08-2009, 03:49 PM
3-4 teams traditionally have more success against Peyton than 4-3 teams, however. This is especially true when it comes to blitzing. Think of the teams that have beaten the Colts over the years - Pats, Chargers, Steelers. These are all 3-4 teams. Granted, they are also <i>talented</i> teams, but the proof is there. You can't just sit around and beat Peyton Manning. He will not make a mistake without being pressured, and his guys <i>will</i> get open. He <i>will</i> find them. You play with fire if you try to bend against the Colts and tighten up in the red zone. They are a timing offense; if you let Peyton get in a rhythm you've signed your own death warrant.

In order to blitz him effectively, you're either going to have to get to him near immediately, or your coverage schemes are going to have to be very exotic. You can leave people open against Peyton while blitzing, but you had better make sure they aren't open immediately. Your coverage can't commit early, because the pass rush needs the extra second to disrupt Peyton. Historically he hasn't been that great while under pressure, and he will occasionally either force a throw into coverage or get rid of the ball before defenders have committed. He can be had, but it takes supreme organization and planning. The defense has to think; you won't brute force your way to Peyton.

Great analysis. I'd add being physical with their receivers, especially Clark. I wouldn't let him off the line without getting bumpedat least.

Broncos4tw
12-08-2009, 09:57 PM
You can't never blitz, that's stupidity. He'll pick you apart like a turkey if you do that. You do have to mix it up. For some reason, some games this year, we have given different looks on every single play. Those games, our defense has done traditionally well. And then some games, we are static and do not show a lot of looks. We do not do as well in those. I really don't know why we do this.

I LOVE we are a 3-4 against Manning tho.. he hates the 3-4. Just mix it up, show blitz.. DO blitz sometimes.. keep him guessing. Half of his audibles are bull**** anyway.

Cool Breeze
12-09-2009, 01:33 PM
http://images1.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/bears-attacking-peyton-manning-football-1267375_416_467.jpg

Here is how we do it...

rastaman
12-09-2009, 03:42 PM
Could see a game more like what we did vs New England. You dont have to always get to Manning or Brady to frustrate them.

Only problem with that theory is, Brady missed some key TD throws that could have won NE the game. Manning won't mis-fire or miss!. And we faced a Patriot team that is in quasi-rebuilding season (especially on Defense) and Brady was coming off injury and hadn't quite got his timing back.

Manning and the Colts are just the opposite.

What the Broncos need to guard against is giving Manning too many possessions b/c the Broncos can't get the offense started. Lets say its 3 downs and punt on 3 or 4 consecutive possessions for the Broncos, Manning could just take those 3 or 4 lost opportunities by Denver and rapidly turn it into 17-28 points before we know what hit us.

To prevent Manning from scoring to 17-28 point or more before halftime is to run-baby-run and dink n dunk passing attack; and each possession ends with a FG or TD! Gotta keep Manning's vaunted passing attack on the sidelines as much as possible by running the ball and picking up 3rd n short to sustain drives. If we do that, we gotta chance for an upset.

rastaman
12-09-2009, 03:47 PM
You can't never blitz, that's stupidity. He'll pick you apart like a turkey if you do that. You do have to mix it up. For some reason, some games this year, we have given different looks on every single play. Those games, our defense has done traditionally well. And then some games, we are static and do not show a lot of looks. We do not do as well in those. I really don't know why we do this.

I LOVE we are a 3-4 against Manning tho.. he hates the 3-4. Just mix it up, show blitz.. DO blitz sometimes.. keep him guessing. Half of his audibles are bull**** anyway.

I agree. We also need to frustrate Manning by Keeping him on the sidelines b/c our running attack is eating up valuable clock time by picking up 3rd downs to sustain drives, while scoring making FG'S or scoring TD's to either keep the game close or protecting the lead.

rastaman
12-09-2009, 03:54 PM
it didn't work too good for ball control Tennessee or Miami

Okay if running the ball down their throats won't be the answer.....whats our offensive plan for keeping the ball out out of Mannings hands and keeping him on the sidelines?

We can't win against Indy in a shoot out thats for sure.

snowspot66
12-09-2009, 05:26 PM
Okay if running the ball down their throats won't be the answer.....whats our offensive plan for keeping the ball out out of Mannings hands and keeping him on the sidelines?

We can't win against Indy in a shoot out thats for sure.

It will work for us if we can achieve it. It takes a special kind of fail to have 45 minutes of TOP and lose. And Johnson is the only weapons the Titan have.

Husky Jerk
12-09-2009, 05:47 PM
[QUOTE=Broncos4tw;2668905] For some reason, some games this year, we have given different looks on every single play. Those games, our defense has done traditionally well. And then some games, we are static and do not show a lot of looks. We do not do as well in those. I really don't know why we do this.
QUOTE]

I think that this is part of their overall strategy to not show any tendencies other than that we have no tendencies. They have seemed to pick the spots they think they can be vanilla and stick with it for better or worse. I don't think it has always worked out the way they thought but I understand the strategy.
I hope we use some of the "amoeba" defense used against the Giants.

outdoor_miner
12-09-2009, 06:08 PM
To prevent Manning from scoring to 17-28 point or more before halftime is to run-baby-run and dink n dunk passing attack; and each possession ends with a FG or TD! Gotta keep Manning's vaunted passing attack on the sidelines as much as possible by running the ball and picking up 3rd n short to sustain drives. If we do that, we gotta chance for an upset.

Wait, wait... Let me guess... Is Peyton Hillis somehow involved in this strategy? ;)

Circle Orange
12-09-2009, 07:37 PM
Drop everyone in coverage and keep 'em there...it frustrates the hell out of balloon bucket.

Make him be instinctive and move around, not regimented and rhythmic. Force him to create plays on his own. Do that, and he looks like an ordinary doof. ;D

rastaman
12-09-2009, 07:44 PM
Wait, wait... Let me guess... Is Peyton Hillis somehow involved in this strategy? ;)

Nope! You will be starting in place of Buckhalter. Seems like his knee has swelled up again!:thumbs:

If YOU can't get the job done! Then Hillis will come in and take your place and play a vital role in beating the Colts.:~ohyah!:

Then of course since you couldn't get anything done against Indy....McD places you 4th on the depth chart.;)

Circle Orange
12-09-2009, 07:58 PM
Broncos vs. Colts = monotonous

I swear, can we get any breathing room from these horse shoed goofballs? If it isn't a playoff game, it's a game with playoff implications. You could close your eyes and see this game many times over...and over...and over...

NFL scheduling is one big cluster####. :pimp:

lex
12-09-2009, 09:18 PM
Only problem with that theory is, Brady missed some key TD throws that could have won NE the game. Manning won't mis-fire or miss!. And we faced a Patriot team that is in quasi-rebuilding season (especially on Defense) and Brady was coming off injury and hadn't quite got his timing back.

Manning and the Colts are just the opposite.

What the Broncos need to guard against is giving Manning too many possessions b/c the Broncos can't get the offense started. Lets say its 3 downs and punt on 3 or 4 consecutive possessions for the Broncos, Manning could just take those 3 or 4 lost opportunities by Denver and rapidly turn it into 17-28 points before we know what hit us.

Please. The week after Denver beat NE, they scored 59 on the Titans. So Brady just magically got it together one week later? Please. After Dallas lost to Denver, Romo also picked up his game and Dallas went on a run. Same with Rivers and San Diego. Please. The team was playing well on defense at the time.