PDA

View Full Version : The Playoff Picture (For Dummies)

Rock Chalk
12-07-2009, 07:07 AM
I see a lot of people saying if we lose to Indy, our playoff hopes are over.

Folks, let me explain something to you. Denver is not the only, team in the hunt with tough games left. ANd none of the other teams in the hunt look other-wordly and unbeatable (Indy isn't a team in the hunt, their playoff's are secured).

WIth that said here's what it looks like.

#1 Indy (12-0)
#2 Cincy (9-3)
#3 San Diego (9-3)
#4 New England (7-5)
#5 Denver (8-4)
#6 Jacksonville (7-5)
<hr>
(In order of next in line for a WC spot)
Baltimore Ravens (6-5)
Miami Dolphins (6-6)
NY Jets (6-6)
Pittsburgh Steelers (6-6).
<hr>
For all teams NOT clinching playoff spots (Everyone but Indy) at this point, let's break down the schedules:

Cincinnati (9-3: Projected Record 11-5)
@ Minnesota
@ San Diego
Kansas City
@ New York Jets

San Diego (9-3: Projected Record 12-4)
@ Dallas
Cincinnati
@ Tennessee
Washington

New England (7-5: Projected Record 10-6)
Carolina
@ Buffalo
Jacksonville
@ Houston

Denver (8-4: Projected Record: 12-4 **** you Im a homer deal with it)
@ Indianapolis
Oakland
@ Philadelphia
Kansas City

Jacksonville (7-5: Projected Record 9-7)
Miami
Indianapolis
@ New England
Cleveland

Baltimore (6-5: Projected Record 9-7)
@ Green Bay
Detroit
Chicago
@ Pittsburgh
Oakland

Miami (6-6: Projected Record 7-9)
@ Jacksonville
@ Tennessee
Houston
Pittsburgh

New York Jets (6-6: Projected Record 8-8)
@ Tampa Bay
Atlanta
@ Indianapolis
Cincinnati

Pittsburgh (6-6: Projected Record 9-7)
@ Cleveland
Green Bay
Baltimore
@ Miami

<hr>

Look, every team in the wildcard hunt below Denver has 1) A Worse record by at least a game, everyone but Baltimore has a 2 game worse record and 2) Is going to lose at least one more. You can all but eliminate Miami, Jets, Pittsburgh as they will all finish no better than 9-7. Baltimore likely wont finish better than 9-7 but they could go on a tear and finish 11-5. Even if they finish 11-5 (the best they can finish), Denver will still make the playoffs with a loss to Indy and finishing 11-5 on the season. Jacksonville is currently sitting in the 6th spot but with 3 tough games in a row before ending with Cleveland, its unlikely that they finish better than 9-7 and could finish 8-8.

Denver (realistically) is probably going to finish 11-5, or 10-6 but that probably is going to be enough to get them in the playoffs anyway. Everyone is worried about Baltimore and Pittsburgh but neither of those teams has looked all that great (outside of their games against us).

For Denver to win the division, the INDY game is a must win, as is every game remaining on our schedule and we need some help from San Diego. With tough games against Dallas, Cincy and Tennessee.

vancejohnson82
12-07-2009, 07:09 AM
I still don't get it....

barryr
12-07-2009, 07:10 AM
If anyone actually believes the Broncos are out of the playoffs, they don't make the playoffs, they must be the same geniuses clinging that Cutler is a franshise QB and McDaniels should be fired.

If the Broncos win both remaining home games, which they ahould against the Raiders and Chiefs, then that's 10 wins and probably enough to clinch at least a Wild Card.

Spider
12-07-2009, 07:25 AM
:D good job Alec ............

dbfan21
12-07-2009, 07:31 AM
Nice work. Even if the Broncos split their final four, I can see them making the playoffs as a wild card. However, I have a good feeling about this Colts game. Not sure why, just a hunch.

Spider
12-07-2009, 07:36 AM
Nice work. Even if the Broncos split their final four, I can see them making the playoffs as a wild card. However, I have a good feeling about this Colts game. Not sure why, just a hunch.

:thumbsup: same here ............ Bring on the freaking colts

Rohirrim
12-07-2009, 07:51 AM
San Diego could lose all four of those games.

Broncoman13
12-07-2009, 08:00 AM
First let me say, it's a good think you communicate with dummies so well. I guess that comes with lots of practice and of course being one helps to bridge that gap.

Second, who has said that if we lose to the Colts our playoff hopes are over? You say a lot of people, point me in their direction. I want to know who the other dummies are.

Folks, let me explain something to you. Denver is not the only, team in the hunt with tough games left. ANd none of the other teams in the hunt look other-wordly and unbeatable (Indy isn't a team in the hunt, their playoff's are secured).

#1 Indy (12-0)
#2 Cincy (9-3)
#3 San Diego (9-3)
#4 New England (7-5)
#5 Denver (8-4)
#6 Jacksonville (7-5)
<hr>
(In order of next in line for a WC spot)
Baltimore Ravens (6-5)
Miami Dolphins (6-6)
NY Jets (6-6)
Pittsburgh Steelers (6-6).
<hr>
For all teams NOT clinching playoff spots (Everyone but Indy) at this point, let's break down the schedules:

Cincinnati (9-3: Projected Record 11-5)
@ Minnesota
@ San Diego
Kansas City
@ New York Jets

San Diego (9-3: Projected Record 12-4)
@ Dallas
Cincinnati
@ Tennessee
Washington

New England (7-5: Projected Record 10-6)
Carolina
@ Buffalo
Jacksonville
@ Houston

Denver (8-4: Projected Record: 12-4 **** you Im a homer deal with it)
@ Indianapolis
Oakland
@ Philadelphia
Kansas City

Jacksonville (7-5: Projected Record 9-7)
Miami
Indianapolis
@ New England
Cleveland

Baltimore (6-5: Projected Record 9-7)
@ Green Bay
Detroit
Chicago
@ Pittsburgh
Oakland

Miami (6-6: Projected Record 7-9)
@ Jacksonville
@ Tennessee
Houston
Pittsburgh

New York Jets (6-6: Projected Record 8-8)
@ Tampa Bay
Atlanta
@ Indianapolis
Cincinnati

Pittsburgh (6-6: Projected Record 9-7)
@ Cleveland
Green Bay
Baltimore
@ Miami

<hr>

Look, every team in the wildcard hunt below Denver has 1) A Worse record by at least a game, everyone but Baltimore has a 2 game worse record and 2) Is going to lose at least one more. You can all but eliminate Miami, Jets, Pittsburgh as they will all finish no better than 9-7. Baltimore likely wont finish better than 9-7 but they could go on a tear and finish 11-5. Even if they finish 11-5 (the best they can finish), Denver will still make the playoffs with a loss to Indy and finishing 11-5 on the season. Jacksonville is currently sitting in the 6th spot but with 3 tough games in a row before ending with Cleveland, its unlikely that they finish better than 9-7 and could finish 8-8.

Denver (realistically) is probably going to finish 11-5, or 10-6 but that probably is going to be enough to get them in the playoffs anyway. Everyone is worried about Baltimore and Pittsburgh but neither of those teams has looked all that great (outside of their games against us).

For Denver to win the division, the INDY game is a must win, as is every game remaining on our schedule and we need some help from San Diego. With tough games against Dallas, Cincy and Tennessee.

Paladin
12-07-2009, 08:08 AM
I still don't get it....

Ha!

DeuceOfClub
12-07-2009, 08:44 AM
So, what you're saying is that if we lose to the Colts we have no chance of making the playoff?

:welcome:

Old Dude
12-07-2009, 09:02 AM
Aside from Denver's own games, and hoping, of course, that San Diego loses as many as possible, here are the key games:

Tonight: A no-brainer. Pull for the Packers over the Ravens. A Packer win insures that we won't see a scenario where the Broncos go 10-6, but get edged out by Pittsburgh and Baltimore (because they still have to play each other)

Next week:

Miami at Jacskonville. A Miami win here would be great for the Broncos, because it woud force the Jags to beat both Indianapolis and New England (and Cleveland) to get to 10-6.

Nice thing is that even if Miami gets on a roll and finishes 10-6, that would have to include a win over the Steelers, which would gurantee that Pittsburgh finishes no better than 9-7.

Not too worried about the Jets. They have one of the easist remaining schedules, but 5 of their 6 losses have been to AFC teams. If Denver can beat the Raiders and Chiefs at home, then they automatically trump the Jets (unless the Jets somehow win that division - but in that case, the Pats could finish no better than 10-6 and Denver owns that tiebreaker due to the overtime win.)

It's simple. Beat Oakland and KC and there's a 90% chance we're in.

Rohirrim
12-07-2009, 09:12 AM
The good news is that Caldwell and Payton both said in interviews this weekend that they don't expect to go undefeated this season and aren't really worried about it. Sounds to me like they are ready to cough one up. Since they've already clinched and their coach is talking about accepting a defeat, don't be too surprised if the Broncos don't go in there and leave with a victory. That is, of course, if they realize they have to play better than they did against the Chiefs.

Hogan11
12-07-2009, 09:19 AM
Playoffs?!?!?

Haven't we already lost against Indy? Oh and beating the Eagles on the road is impossible....oh and the Raiders are showing some signs of a spine Oh No! Oh No! Oh No!

Kaylore
12-07-2009, 09:23 AM
Two weeks ago you balked when I said we could beat Indy, Alec.

http://rgh.cc/albums/userpics/10144/SeriousCatAvatar.jpg

azbroncfan
12-07-2009, 09:33 AM
I think what big pu55y Chris meant was a loss in Indy means getting the division title will be tough. Anyone who says Denver is out with a loss in Indy should retake some reading and understanding classes at the local community college.

55CrushEm
12-07-2009, 09:43 AM

#1 Indy (12-0)
#2 Cincy (9-3)
#3 San Diego (9-3)
#4 New England (7-5)
#5 Denver (8-4)
#6 Jacksonville (7-5)

Actually, right now.....San Diego would be the #2 seed, and Cincy would be the #3 seed......7-3 in the AFC vs. Cincy's 6-3 record......Yep, the Sparkies would get a bye....

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/standings/playoffrace

SJ Bronco
12-07-2009, 09:43 AM
Funny how everyone is back on the band wagon, specially those that trashed me as an insane optimist 2 weeks ago...ho hum....

bpc
12-07-2009, 09:46 AM
I actually said to cement or give ourselves a legit shot at the playoffs, we need to beat Indy which is true.

I think our schedule is tougher than Jax or Baltimores and they both have tie breakers on us in various categories ranging from H2H, to conference record.

We need to win this week. Do that and we'll look great for the playoffs. Plus it would be a huge confidence booster going into the dance. If we lose we're going to be scoreboard watching and we won't hold our own destiny.

DarkHorse
12-07-2009, 09:49 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/p3-eavMSBnk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/p3-eavMSBnk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

SJ Bronco
12-07-2009, 09:52 AM
I actually said to cement or give ourselves a legit shot at the playoffs, we need to beat Indy which is true.

I think our schedule is tougher than Jax or Baltimores and they both have tie breakers on us in various categories ranging from H2H, to conference record.

We need to win this week. Do that and we'll look great for the playoffs. Plus it would be a huge confidence booster going into the dance. If we lose we're going to be scoreboard watching and we won't hold our own destiny.

Actually if B-more loses tonight, we still control our destiny. A little shakier, and highly unlikely, but still

Old Dude
12-07-2009, 09:57 AM
Not that anyone cares, but the Redskins and Chiefs were mathematically eliminated from playoff contention yesterday. Not exactly rocket science in the case of the Redskins.

KC's elimination isn't quite as obvious on its face, but due to the remaining schedule, there is no set of wins and losses in the AFC that would allow them to get in at 7-9.

vancejohnson82
12-07-2009, 09:59 AM
Not that anyone cares, but the Redskins and Chiefs were mathematically eliminated from playoff contention yesterday. Not exactly rocket science in the case of the Redskins.

KC's elimination isn't quite as obvious on its face, but due to the remaining schedule, there is no set of wins and losses in the AFC that would allow them to get in at 7-9.

thank God....I was really worried about seeing the Chiefs in the playoffs

SJ Bronco
12-07-2009, 10:00 AM

My good man, I ALWAYS care when the Chiefs are eliminated from the playoffs. It's one of my favorite drinking holidays!;D

SJ Bronco
12-07-2009, 10:01 AM
thank god....i was really worried about seeing the chiefs in the playoffs

rofl!

ScottXray
12-07-2009, 10:06 AM
I think what big pu55y Chris meant was a loss in Indy means getting the division title will be tough. Anyone who says Denver is out with a loss in Indy should retake some reading and understanding classes at the local community college.

Agree.

If we Lose at Indy next week , it is imperative that Dallas beats the Chargers
so we "keep pace". A Dallas loss and an Indy win give the Chargers a two game lead with 3 to play. Chargers would then have to lose at least 2 of the last three , and us win out to end up tied for the division.

I prefer the Broncos winning a " 9 in a row" scenario as far as the playoffs go.

Take care of OUR business, and let the chips fall.

TonyR
12-07-2009, 10:08 AM
It's simple. Beat Oakland and KC and there's a 90% chance we're in.

Which is a good thing because winning in Indy and/or Philly will be very difficult.

Beantown Bronco
12-07-2009, 10:08 AM

Not that this new statement is even true, but that's not at all what you said. You are back-tracking big time now.

Here's EXACTLY what you said:

We do need to beat Indy next week to have a chance at the playoffs.

SJ Bronco
12-07-2009, 10:09 AM
The best thing about the colts game, is it's a major measuring stick of where we are compared to the top tier teams in the AFC.

SJ Bronco
12-07-2009, 10:13 AM
Not that this new statement is even true, but that's not at all what you said. You are back-tracking big time now.

Actually, here's what he said two weeks ago....

I think we're going to drop the next three. As much as I hate to say that, we're not going to beat a high powered Giants team barring a Miracle during a short week with Orton's bad ankle, at KC is always a loss for us and there is no way this offense can stay on the same field with Manning.

First team to go 6-0 and drop the next 7. Crazy.

cutthemdown
12-07-2009, 10:14 AM

I don't think its just a hunch. Our secondary pretty good and we can get some rush on manning. Maybe hold him to 250 yrds and 21-24 points. They don't run much and we probably can stop that. Manning has thrown 10 picks we need to get one. Also we are running a 3-4 and Manning has not seen that from Denver, ever.

On the other side they give up yrds but have gotten turnovers to thwart scoring drives. But we match up well with there defense. The DT go about 300 pounds and not maulers. The ends are fast and quick but don't have much size. Broncos should be about to run the ball.

Orton has to make very few mistakes and we need to run the ball. We do that and we can win this game.

mwill07
12-07-2009, 10:27 AM
Here's how I'm looking at it: let's set the threshhold @ 10 wins, and see what it takes to get there (in terms of securing a wildcard).

Denver: must win 2 of 4. Home games vs oak and KC, so very plausible.
JAX: must win 2 of 3 vs Miami, Indy, and NE.
Baltimore: must win 4 of 5 with games in GB and Pittsburgh. If they loose tonight, Baltimore has to run the table. They've got some weak teams ay home though - the game @ Pittsburgh will be critical.
Miami: must win 4 of 4., games vs J'ville, Tenn, Hou, and Pittsburgh. This will take a miracle.
NYJets: must win 4 of 4, with games vs Atlanta, Indy & Cincy.
Pittsburgh: must run table, games vs GB, Bal, and Mia.

It's much easier for Denver to get to 10 wins than anyone else, even if they drop the Indy game.

some other key games - loser of these games will be either eliminated from 10 win possibility, or will find it extremely difficult:
Mia vs JAX
Pitt vs Bal
Pitt vs Mia

Pick Six
12-07-2009, 10:38 AM
As Roh said, San Diego could lose all 4. Ever since we played Washington, the Redskins have been competitive with everybody...

ol number 7
12-07-2009, 10:46 AM
As Roh said, San Diego could lose all 4. Ever since we played Washington, the Redskins have been competitive with everybody...
Where was San Diego at this time last year? Just hoping to get in and wa-la they win the division at 8 -8. Strange things happen in December. Just ask Wade Phillips.

dbfan21
12-07-2009, 11:20 AM
I don't think its just a hunch. Our secondary pretty good and we can get some rush on manning. Maybe hold him to 250 yrds and 21-24 points. They don't run much and we probably can stop that. Manning has thrown 10 picks we need to get one. Also we are running a 3-4 and Manning has not seen that from Denver, ever.

On the other side they give up yrds but have gotten turnovers to thwart scoring drives. But we match up well with there defense. The DT go about 300 pounds and not maulers. The ends are fast and quick but don't have much size. Broncos should be about to run the ball.

Orton has to make very few mistakes and we need to run the ball. We do that and we can win this game.

I agree. A physical game led the Broncos running attack and aggressive defense can produce a victory.

Tombstone RJ
12-07-2009, 11:23 AM
Here's how I'm looking at it: let's set the threshhold @ 10 wins, and see what it takes to get there (in terms of securing a wildcard).

Denver: must win 2 of 4. Home games vs oak and KC, so very plausible.
JAX: must win 2 of 3 vs Miami, Indy, and NE.
Baltimore: must win 4 of 5 with games in GB and Pittsburgh. If they loose tonight, Baltimore has to run the table. They've got some weak teams ay home though - the game @ Pittsburgh will be critical.
Miami: must win 4 of 4., games vs J'ville, Tenn, Hou, and Pittsburgh. This will take a miracle.
NYJets: must win 4 of 4, with games vs Atlanta, Indy & Cincy.
Pittsburgh: must run table, games vs GB, Bal, and Mia.

It's much easier for Denver to get to 10 wins than anyone else, even if they drop the Indy game.

some other key games - loser of these games will be either eliminated from 10 win possibility, or will find it extremely difficult:
Mia vs JAX
Pitt vs Bal
Pitt vs Mia

Plus, if Sandy Eggo should stumble and lose one or two games... yah. :~ohyah!:

mwill07
12-07-2009, 11:27 AM
Here's what could happen if Denver runs the table. (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffscenario?algorithm=custom&12=01101105&13=40505455&14=44514111&15=51101041&16=55145515)

Dare to dream, I say.

BlaK-Argentina
12-07-2009, 11:30 AM
Why are we talking wild card here? SD is not THAT good. They are on a roll but have looked very suspect at times. I think they lose 2 more. If we can get by Indy or Philly and take care of the home games we win the West. Wild card is for pussies! ;D

boltaneer
12-07-2009, 11:36 AM
Why are we talking wild card here? SD is not THAT good. They are on a roll but have looked very suspect at times. I think they lose 2 more. If we can get by Indy or Philly and take care of the home games we win the West. Wild card is for pussies! ;D

When has San Diego looked suspect?

At the beginning of the year when they were ravaged by injuries?

BTW, the Steelers are playing bad ball right now but I don't want to see them in the playoffs so I'm actually hoping Denver makes it in. But a Denver collapse as well and seeing someone like the Dolphins get in would be even better. :)

Tombstone RJ
12-07-2009, 11:40 AM

BTW, the Steelers are playing bad ball right now but I don't want to see them in the playoffs so I'm actually hoping Denver makes it in. But a Denver collapse as well and seeing someone like the Dolphins get in would be even better. :)

Sandy Eggo is on a 7 game winning streak, yes? I seriously doubt they win the next 4 games and go into the playoffs on an 11 game winning streak.

It could happen, sure. But I really doubt it.

JCMElway
12-07-2009, 12:02 PM

I absolutely agree. I think it is VERY likely they go 2-2 down the stretch.

Rock Chalk
12-07-2009, 12:09 PM
Two weeks ago you balked when I said we could beat Indy, Alec.

http://rgh.cc/albums/userpics/10144/SeriousCatAvatar.jpg

Not exactly how that conversation went down.

Kaylore: WOO HOO!!! Go Broncos!!
Me: Back on teh bandwagon? (Previously he had texted me saying "This team sucks")
Kaylore: We'll see. I was never on or off. They are still better than I expected but I don't get too high or low
Me: Bah
Kaylore: Lol well I will say this is the team that we saw in the first part of the year.
Me: One more loss this year 11-5
Kaylore: Id love it. FYI I think we can seriously beat the colts. Seriously.
Me: Come on man
Kaylore: Manning struggles against 3-4 and if they're undefeated we are so their trap game.
Me: Maybe but thats too high

The bolded statements are connected.

Rock Chalk
12-07-2009, 12:13 PM

That's the exact comment I was referring to subtly (but not so subtly because everyone apparently knew I was talking about Chris).

bpc
12-07-2009, 12:14 PM
Actually, here's what he said two weeks ago....

Am I supposed to be upset that I said that two weeks ago? We had just got beat down by a pathetic Redskins team, and had lost four in a row.

Anyways, I've already given credit to McD for turning it around.

Are you a better fan than me because you didn't make that prediction? I'm missing the point here.

Beantown Bronco
12-07-2009, 12:17 PM
Are you a better fan than me because you didn't make that prediction? I'm missing the point here.

I think it's pretty clear that even Bob is a better Bronco fan than you.

Rock Chalk
12-07-2009, 12:17 PM
Am I supposed to be upset that I said that two weeks ago? We had just got beat down by a pathetic Redskins team, and had lost four in a row.

TODAY you said this:

We do need to beat Indy next week to have a chance at the playoffs.

boltaneer
12-07-2009, 12:44 PM
Sandy Eggo is on a 7 game winning streak, yes? I seriously doubt they win the next 4 games and go into the playoffs on an 11 game winning streak.

It could happen, sure. But I really doubt it.

It's weird because I'm normally not this overconfident but I don't think this is a tough schedule of games honestly.

People are overrating the Bengals and it's a home game. Dallas is a joke, especially in crunch time and the Titans and Redskins might just be going through the motions at the end of the year. The Titans is the toughest game on the schedule though but the Chargers have always given Vince Young problems. This is the only game I'm worried about.

The main concerns is with RT and S. Dombrowski is flat out terrible but Runyan's signing was HUGE. He got some snaps this week so hopefully he'll be starting either this week or next. With Weddle out, the safety play is going to suffer but he's supposed to return for the Bengals game.

Hardwick should be back by then. It's kind of disappointing that it's taking this long but honestly, Mruczkowski has improved so much since the start of the season, I'd almost rather see him keep playing. I'm liking the way things are shaping up for the o-line.

Anyway, barring any major injuries, I think they run the table. :strong:

Rock Chalk
12-07-2009, 01:00 PM
It's weird because I'm normally not this overconfident but I don't think this is a tough schedule of games honestly.

People are overrating the Bengals and it's a home game. Dallas is a joke, especially in crunch time and the Titans and Redskins might just be going through the motions at the end of the year. The Titans is the toughest game on the schedule though but the Chargers have always given Vince Young problems. This is the only game I'm worried about.

The main concerns is with RT and S. Dombrowski is flat out terrible but Runyan's signing was HUGE. He got some snaps this week so hopefully he'll be starting either this week or next. With Weddle out, the safety play is going to suffer but he's supposed to return for the Bengals game.

Hardwick should be back by then. It's kind of disappointing that it's taking this long but honestly, Mruczkowski has improved so much since the start of the season, I'd almost rather see him keep playing. I'm liking the way things are shaping up for the o-line.

Anyway, barring any major injuries, I think they run the table. :strong:

Right, the Bengals are 9-3 and overrated. Sure.

And winning in Dallas is never easy. Good luck with that.

broncocalijohn
12-07-2009, 01:06 PM

I dont think it will happen but it isnt an easy road for them. Cinci at home is no longer a 100% WIN like they put in preseason. At Dallas and At Tennessee arent gimme games either. Washington has shown that they can play defense and just needs some breaks. I will give them at least two wins so we need to step up and win at least 3 to have a chance at the tiebreaker for the division. I want a home playoff game.

listopencil
12-07-2009, 01:09 PM
Well, Indy and Philly were games that I predicted as losses after week four. I'm thinking now that we win one of those and go 3-1 to finish the season. I think we have a better chance of beating Philly than Indy but we can beat Manning. We have the pass rush, we have the coverage. We have the ball control Offense to keep him off the field. If the Broncos can play with the same intensity that they played with to start the season...we beat the Colts.

boltaneer
12-07-2009, 01:12 PM
Right, the Bengals are 9-3 and overrated. Sure.

And winning in Dallas is never easy. Good luck with that.

I just haven't been impressed with their recent play, that's all.

Their game with Cleveland was a bit of a scare. That game was close the entire way.

Their win over Detroit was ugly. Yeah, the game was never in doubt but Palmer turned the ball over three times to that defense?

And their loss to Oakland. 'nuff said about that.

Dallas will probably be a tougher game than I'm making it out to be. It just depends on which Dallas team shows up next week.

Old Dude
12-07-2009, 01:19 PM
San Diego's biggest issue in Dallas is probably going to be the ground game. The Cowboys have a very good running attack - the Chargers haven't faced a better one, other than Miami - - and Dallas isn't nearly as one-dimensional.

The only teams the Chargers have faced with better rush defenses are Pittsburgh (lost), Baltimore (lost) and Philly (won.)

tonngo0
12-07-2009, 02:10 PM
Broncos win in SD, then SD slaughtered Broncos in our own stadium. So don't count the eggs before it hatched on the Chiefs and Raiders. Even Raiders shock Steelers last week.

Pick Six
12-07-2009, 02:13 PM
Broncos win in SD, then SD slaughtered Broncos in our own stadium. So don't count the eggs before it hatched on the Chiefs and Raiders. Even Raiders shock Steelers last week.

The Chiefs will be looking for revenge, while the Raiders apparently found a semi-legitimate quarterback. You're right. We do have some dangerous minefields ahead...

Old Dude
12-07-2009, 02:44 PM
We all remember last year when Denver pounded Oakland 41-14 in the opener, then got whipped in the Invesco rematch, 10-31.

And then there was Buffalo, on 12/21. They had 3 LBs and 2 tackles out on injured reserve. They came into town with a 6-8 record, riding a 3-game losing streak in which they were twice held without a touchdown. That team was as dead as a doornail. Denver jumped to a 10-0 lead.

And we all know what happened then.

Broncos4tw
12-07-2009, 02:57 PM
Even if we just win the games we really should, 10 wins usually secures a wildcard spot. Some rares times not, but more often than not. And those are both at home. So, like someone said.. I'd say 90% chance we are in. If we beat Indy though.. well, I still don't think Chuggers are going to win the rest of theirs. If we can beat Indy, 12-4 is doable, as weird as that sounds now, when at the start of the season, 7 or 8 wins seemed very optimistic. :)

Hogan11
12-07-2009, 03:42 PM
We all remember last year when Denver pounded Oakland 41-14 in the opener, then got whipped in the Invesco rematch, 10-31.

I'm more concerned about the upcoming Oakland game than all the others.

The Raiders are slowly getting their shiat together, as victories over the overrated Bengals and beat up Steelers can attest to. They could very well be this year's Buffalo game if McD doesn't have the troops prepared and motivated properly.

Rohirrim
12-07-2009, 03:50 PM
I'm more concerned about the upcoming Oakland game than all the others.

The Raiders are slowly getting their shiat together, as victories over the overrated Bengals and beat up Steelers can attest to. They could very well be this year's Buffalo game if McD doesn't have the troops prepared and motivated properly.

If we lose to the Raiders at home again, I'm going to shave my head, move to the Himalayas and renounce football forever.

baja
12-07-2009, 04:05 PM
:thumbsup: same here ............ Bring on the freaking colts

Bull shiit, where the hell is your "how bad they going to beat us" thread

It's because of you we lost 4 games in a row you know! ;D

Ambiguous
12-07-2009, 04:08 PM
If we lose to the Raiders at home again, I'm going to shave my head, move to the Himalayas and renounce football forever.

Who was the guy who said he would cut his balls off if we lost to the Redskins, and did he ever go through with it?

SJ Bronco
12-07-2009, 04:10 PM

No, the point is, i started a thread saying not to give up on the team, and you chimed in and in so many words, tried to imply that i had no clue what i was talking about, and then called your shot. I got more quotes for you if you'd like. you were having too much fun trying to bury your team. Sorry if your attempt to jump back on the positive side only after 2 wins seems a little belated and quite sad to me.

SJ Bronco
12-07-2009, 04:10 PM
Who was the guy who said he would cut his balls off if we lost to the Redskins, and did he ever go through with it?

no, at least we have no proof yet

NYBronc
12-07-2009, 04:13 PM
Here's what could happen if Denver runs the table. (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffscenario?algorithm=custom&12=01101105&13=40505455&14=44514111&15=51101041&16=55145515)

Dare to dream, I say.

We could lose all four and still make the playoffs.

<A HREF="http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffscenario?algorithm=custom&12=01101105&13=15450010&14=11550045&15=10451045&16=04151141">Craziest scenario ever

SJ Bronco
12-07-2009, 04:13 PM

I'm gonna have to shave my head and then go into hiding with a the smack I'm talking to raider fan every day around my parts. When they win....ANYTHING they are REALLY hard to live with. Kinda like this week. Oy!

SJ Bronco
12-07-2009, 04:15 PM

<A HREF="http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffscenario?algorithm=custom&12=01101105&13=15450010&14=11550045&15=10451045&16=04151141">Craziest scenario ever

That would be crazy...Can you imagine this board if we both lost all the games AND backed in? The server would melt down.LOL

baja
12-07-2009, 04:22 PM
The good news is that Caldwell and Payton both said in interviews this weekend that they don't expect to go undefeated this season and aren't really worried about it. Sounds to me like they are ready to cough one up. Since they've already clinched and their coach is talking about accepting a defeat, don't be too surprised if the Broncos don't go in there and leave with a victory. That is, of course, if they realize they have to play better than they did against the Chiefs.

Actually we played pretty good against the Chiefs it was Orton that had the stinko game the rest of the team looked good.

baja
12-07-2009, 04:24 PM
I think what big pu55y Chris meant was a loss in Indy means getting the division title will be tough. Anyone who says Denver is out with a loss in Indy should retake some reading and understanding classes at the local commuenity college.

You spelled community wrong.;D

SJ Bronco
12-07-2009, 04:27 PM
I was playing around with the playoff scenario thingy there and I realized, that if we drop two games, we badly need pittsburg to beat b-more cause that's the only hard game left on the Ravens schedule...

baja
12-07-2009, 04:29 PM

So your saying we could go 11 & 5 and still miss the playoffs. How so.

SJ Bronco
12-07-2009, 04:34 PM
hell, there's even a far out there scenario where we get the home field throughout....

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffscenario?algorithm=custom&12=01101105&13=15540515&14=54100100&15=40141550&16=55045514

BlaK-Argentina
12-07-2009, 04:35 PM

When we kicked your asses in SD. :sunshine:

I'm not sold on the Chargers. Your defense is not very good and your running game really doesn't scare anyone anymore. Rivers is carrying that team and if he struggles down the road, down SD goes.

BlaK-Argentina
12-07-2009, 04:39 PM

That was me. Damn you guys are obsessed with my nuts! Let it go already. :wiggle:

I already explained that Simms wasn't worth it.

boltaneer
12-07-2009, 04:44 PM
When we kicked your asses in SD. :sunshine:

I'm not sold on the Chargers. Your defense is not very good and your running game really doesn't scare anyone anymore. Rivers is carrying that team and if he struggles down the road, down SD goes.

What week was that?

A lot has happened since then. The team got a lot healthier and the backups and rookies who were thrown into the fire gained valuable experience and are playing much better.

If you're going to point out one week where they have looked "suspect" then no team will ever please you. Even the 11-0 Colts and Saints have looked "suspect" in multiple games this year.

And the first Charger-Bronco game this year wasn't an ass kicking. You could say the special teams kicked ass but otherwise I'd say it was about even.

If you want to talk about ass kickings, there was this one game in Denver this year...

SJ Bronco
12-07-2009, 04:46 PM
So your saying we could go 11 & 5 and still miss the playoffs. How so.

It's mathematically impossible for us to not make the playoffs at 11-5 because pittsburg and Bmore play each other

atomicbloke
12-07-2009, 04:46 PM

Wow... according to that scenario, its conceivable that the AFCCG could be OAK @ DEN at Mile High LOL

Rohirrim
12-07-2009, 04:47 PM
Actually we played pretty good against the Chiefs it was Orton that had the stinko game the rest of the team looked good.

I saw some weak tackling. Overall, I wouldn't call the team performance "crisp." They did what they needed to do to win, but I thought only a third of the team was busting ass. Even Champ looked crappy on a few plays, like that deep shot down the middle that Wade, luckily, dropped.

atomicbloke
12-07-2009, 04:48 PM
It's mathematically impossible for us to not make the playoffs at 11-5 because pittsburg and Bmore play each other

Mathematically, Jacksonville and Baltimore could win out and catch us at 11-5, and then it comes down to tie-breakers,, which we would lose to both. (head to head with BAL and conference record with JAX)

Rohirrim
12-07-2009, 04:49 PM

He's now a soprano at the Cripple Creek Opera House. ;D

SJ Bronco
12-07-2009, 04:49 PM
I saw some weak tackling. Overall, I wouldn't call the team performance "crisp." They did what they needed to do to win, but I thought only a third of the team was busting ass. Even Champ looked crappy on a few plays, like that deep shot down the middle that Wade, luckily, dropped.

Champ has had a few flashes of showing his age his year, but even at 80% of his former self, he is better than 99 percent of the corners in the league. I'm ok with him

SJ Bronco
12-07-2009, 04:50 PM
Mathematically, Jacksonville and Baltimore could win out and catch us at 11-5, and then it comes down to tie-breakers,, which we would lose to both. (head to head with BAL and conference record with JAX)

Seriously? Let me try it again.... I thought I tried that scenario...

Rohirrim
12-07-2009, 04:51 PM
Champ has had a few flashes of showing his age his year, but even at 80% of his former self, he is better than 99 percent of the corners in the league. I'm ok with him

I'm just saying that if the Broncos think that same game will work on the Colts they've got a big surprise ass-whooping coming. All cylinders have to be firing and everybody on that team better be looking like a bunch of Mini-Dawks. :charge:

SJ Bronco
12-07-2009, 04:57 PM
Seriously? Let me try it again.... I thought I tried that scenario...

Ok, your right, i forgot they still play today....;D

But it would require Bmore to win out, and Jacksonville to beat indy at home and NE on the road. Both are possible if indy sits manning and NE looks like....well....New England at times....

SJ Bronco
12-07-2009, 04:57 PM
I'm just saying that if the Broncos think that same game will work on the Colts they've got a big surprise ass-whooping coming. All cylinders have to be firing and everybody on that team better be looking like a bunch of Mini-Dawks. :charge:

no argument there

BlaK-Argentina
12-07-2009, 05:31 PM
What week was that?

A lot has happened since then. The team got a lot healthier and the backups and rookies who were thrown into the fire gained valuable experience and are playing much better.

If you're going to point out one week where they have looked "suspect" then no team will ever please you. Even the 11-0 Colts and Saints have looked "suspect" in multiple games this year.

And the first Charger-Bronco game this year wasn't an ass kicking. You could say the special teams kicked ass but otherwise I'd say it was about even.

If you want to talk about ass kickings, there was this one game in Denver this year...

Damn don't take everything so seriously. ROFL! And yes, we kicked your butt. :strong:

I think SD has a good team but they're not unbeatable by any means and I wouldn't mind seeing them again in the playoffs. What about my other points? Do you agree that Rivers is carrying you and that your defense is suspect and will get killed by the likes of Indy in the playoffs? Just think what the Saints could do to you if you meet them in the SB. (big if!) Your running game is just a complement and not a very good one.

I haven't seen SD dominate in anything but passing this year and that may be their demise. I'd love to hear your thoughts if you don't go all homer on me. :wave:

SJ Bronco
12-07-2009, 05:33 PM
Damn don't take everything so seriously. ROFL! And yes, we kicked your butt. :strong:

I think SD has a good team but they're not unbeatable by any means and I wouldn't mind seeing them again in the playoffs. What about my other points? Do you agree that Rivers is carrying you and that your defense is suspect and will get killed by the likes of Indy in the playoffs? Just think what the Saints could do to you if you meet them in the SB. (big if!) Your running game is just a complement and not a very good one.

I haven't seen SD dominate in anything but passing this year and that may be their demise. I'd love to hear your thoughts if you don't go all homer on me. :wave:

Like someone else said earlier....damn I think all their receivers are like 6'5 220. We need to put some d lineman in to bump those stupid bastards.

Cito Pelon
12-07-2009, 05:34 PM
It's still a hunt.

boltaneer
12-07-2009, 05:49 PM

Just think what the Saints could do to you if you meet them in the SB. (big if!) Your running game is just a complement and not a very good one.

I haven't seen SD dominate in anything but passing this year and that may their demise. I'd love to hear your thoughts if you don't go all homer on me. :wave:

Of all people to bring up the word "homer". :flower:

Anyway, no the defense is not suspect. I wouldn't call it elite. It's never going to be elite with Jamal Williams missing and Merriman not at 100% but they've proven to be very opportunistic. They'll give up yards but they're a bend but don't break defense and they just seem to get turnovers at the key times in the game. I think they can be good enough to win with the offense they have supporting them.

The issue with the defense is getting healthy. They've already lost two nose tackles so they can't afford to have any more major injuries. Right now they're hurting again with Weddle out for a few games and Merriman, Castillo (and to a lesser extent) Shaun Phillips hobbling.

For the short term, Weddle's injury really worries me because I don't like his backup at all. Spillman filled in for him yesterday and was horrible. The Chargers greatest enemy from this point on will be injuries because they have killed the Chargers for the past two years in the post-season. So they're going to need some luck there to make noise in the playoffs.

As for the run game. Normally the old saying that 'you have to be able to run the ball and stop the run in the playoffs' apply but this year is looking to be an anomaly. If it plays out like I think it will, San Diego will host a playoff game and then go to Indy for the AFC Championship. They won't have to worry about bad weather. And actually it's the same for the NFC as the road to the Super Bowl looks like it's going through domes. The passing teams will have the advantage here. I think we're headed for a high powered Super Bowl no matter which of the teams make it from the AFC and NFC. Rivers, Manning, Brees, Favre and Warner are all capable of carrying their teams with the passing game.

Do you agree that Rivers is carrying you and that your defense is suspect and will get killed by the likes of Indy in the playoffs?

I'll give you one guess as to which team Peyton Manning is fearing the most in the playoffs. :)

SJ Bronco
12-07-2009, 05:51 PM
I'll give you one guess as to which team Peyton Manning is fearing the most in the playoffs. :)

Jacksonville?;D

BlaK-Argentina
12-07-2009, 09:40 PM
Of all people to bring up the word "homer". :flower:

Anyway, no the defense is not suspect. I wouldn't call it elite. It's never going to be elite with Jamal Williams missing and Merriman not at 100% but they've proven to be very opportunistic. They'll give up yards but they're a bend but don't break defense and they just seem to get turnovers at the key times in the game. I think they can be good enough to win with the offense they have supporting them.

The issue with the defense is getting healthy. They've already lost two nose tackles so they can't afford to have any more major injuries. Right now they're hurting again with Weddle out for a few games and Merriman, Castillo (and to a lesser extent) Shaun Phillips hobbling.

For the short term, Weddle's injury really worries me because I don't like his backup at all. Spillman filled in for him yesterday and was horrible. The Chargers greatest enemy from this point on will be injuries because they have killed the Chargers for the past two years in the post-season. So they're going to need some luck there to make noise in the playoffs.

As for the run game. Normally the old saying that 'you have to be able to run the ball and stop the run in the playoffs' apply but this year is looking to be an anomaly. If it plays out like I think it will, San Diego will host a playoff game and then go to Indy for the AFC Championship. They won't have to worry about bad weather. And actually it's the same for the NFC as the road to the Super Bowl looks like it's going through domes. The passing teams will have the advantage here. I think we're headed for a high powered Super Bowl no matter which of the teams make it from the AFC and NFC. Rivers, Manning, Brees, Favre and Warner are all capable of carrying their teams with the passing game.

Why am I a homer? Because I'm not swinging off the Chargers' nuts? I call BS!

baja
12-07-2009, 09:42 PM
Jay Flaco

BlaK-Argentina
12-07-2009, 09:49 PM
Joe Cutler.

Kid A
12-07-2009, 09:50 PM
After tonight's loss for the Ravens it really is looking like 10-6 would get us in the WC. Barring Miami and either Pitt or Baltimore both winning out, I'm pretty sure we just need to go 2-2. Am I right?

Gort
12-07-2009, 10:01 PM
Funny how everyone is back on the band wagon, specially those that trashed me as an insane optimist 2 weeks ago...ho hum....

at the end of that 4 game losing skid, i was as pessimistic as you could get. the defense wasn't stopping anybody and the offense wasn't able to score. the Thanksgiving game seemed to bring this team back from the brink. i don't know that the win against KC is all that impressive, despite the record in December games at KC. if the Broncos take care of business with their final 2 AFC West games and split with Indy/PHI then i'd say the 4 game skid is completely behind them and they go into the playoffs with momentum.

Gort
12-07-2009, 10:04 PM

it all comes down to pressure on Manning. get to him early and often and keep him panicking in the pocket, and the Broncos have a chance. but if you give him time, he'll pick us apart. a 300-350 yards and 4 TD kind of game, which we're all too familiar with. :(

broncocalijohn
12-07-2009, 10:07 PM
After tonight's loss for the Ravens it really is looking like 10-6 would get us in the WC. Barring Miami and either Pitt or Baltimore both winning out, I'm pretty sure we just need to go 2-2. Am I right?

"Win 10 and you are in." The battle cry for the playoffs. "Win it out and leave no doubt" is the rallying cry for the division.

Looking more and more that we will be in the playoffs in spite of two teams that beat us and are doing everything possible to at least back into the playoffs (with them winning all of their games). Only one of the two teams in Pitt and Ravens can achieve the 10 wins. Two teams make it. Looking very good for us.

azbroncfan
12-07-2009, 10:10 PM
"Win 10 and you are in." The battle cry for the playoffs. "Win it out and leave no doubt" is the rallying cry for the division.

Looking more and more that we will be in the playoffs in spite of two teams that beat us and are doing everything possible to at least back into the playoffs (with them winning all of their games). Only one of the two teams in Pitt and Ravens can achieve the 10 wins. Two teams make it. Looking very good for us.

It would be awesome if Ravens and Squeelers Tied.

SJ Bronco
12-07-2009, 10:11 PM
does this make anyone feel better at all??!!

http://bigpapadaddy.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/elisabodog.jpg

Rock Chalk
12-07-2009, 10:19 PM
It would be awesome if Ravens and Squeelers Tied.

If they tie, it will be at 9-7 since they still have a head to head against each other and currently have identical records (or 8-8).

Tombstone RJ
12-07-2009, 10:24 PM

Yes.

Lev Vyvanse
12-07-2009, 10:27 PM
If they tie, it will be at 9-7 since they still have a head to head against each other and currently have identical records (or 8-8).
I think he means two days after christmas tie. As in a tie game.

Rock Chalk
12-07-2009, 10:28 PM
I think he means two days after christmas tie. As in a tie game.

Oh, yeah that would really **** both teams over :)

bpc
12-07-2009, 10:30 PM
Great game by the Pack tonights, helps us out a lot!

Ambiguous
12-07-2009, 10:48 PM

Yes!

**** the Colts. That ****ing jersey continues to ruin everything. Seriously, **** everything about that team.

Bronco Yoda
12-07-2009, 10:56 PM
Tonights ratbird loss took some pressure off for the wild card spot. Though I still say we can win the West. It ain't over yet.

Cito Pelon
12-07-2009, 11:59 PM

Yeah.

boltaneer
12-08-2009, 02:01 AM

If you really want my answer, judging by your posts, I don't think you pay much attention to anything other than the Broncos. You certainly don't seem to be very knowledgeable when it comes to the Chargers.

No offense or anything because I think the majority of football fans are this way. I read up on AFC West news constantly and try to catch as much as I can of every AFC West game because I want to be able to have an honest opinion without bias. But it's difficult because NFL fans are conditioned to be homers and I'm sure I've let my favoritism affect my opinions at times but I really try to be as unbiased as I can.

BlaK-Argentina
12-08-2009, 08:49 AM
If you really want my answer, judging by your posts, I don't think you pay much attention to anything other than the Broncos. You certainly don't seem to be very knowledgeable when it comes to the Chargers.

No offense or anything because I think the majority of football fans are this way. I read up on AFC West news constantly and try to catch as much as I can of every AFC West game because I want to be able to have an honest opinion without bias. But it's difficult because NFL fans are conditioned to be homers and I'm sure I've let my favoritism affect my opinions at times but I really try to be as unbiased as I can.

Fair enough. I don't know a lot about the Chargers and I don't want to. I'm just going by what I saw when I watched your team. That's why I asked you for an honest assesment on them. But that still doesn't make me a homer. :sunshine: I don't have the time nor desire to research every team or visit other team's boards all the time to see what's up. I'll watch them every chance I get but that's it. I've watched SD four times this year and they didn't impress me much, other than their passing game. Unlike, the Saints for example, that are pretty much kicking ass in every aspect. Or the Vikings (aside from sunday night), or even Indy. I think the AFC is pretty much wide open and SD has as good a chance as anyone but I'm not buying that they are this awesome, unstoppable team just yet. Are they on a roll? Sure, 7 straight... but let's see how you guys do on the final stretch! We might just steal it from you. :twokisses:twokisses

Paladin
12-08-2009, 08:53 AM
Good post! I couldn't give a rat's arse about the chuggers except when the Broncos play them. Other than that, they could sink into the Bay and I wouldn't miss them for 6 months.......

boltaneer
12-08-2009, 10:03 AM
Fair enough. I don't know a lot about the Chargers and I don't want to. I'm just going by what I saw when I watched your team. That's why I asked you for an honest assesment on them. But that still doesn't make me a homer. :sunshine: I don't have the time nor desire to research every team or visit other team's boards all the time to see what's up. I'll watch them every chance I get but that's it. I've watched SD four times this year and they didn't impress me much, other than their passing game. Unlike, the Saints for example, that are pretty much kicking ass in every aspect. Or the Vikings (aside from sunday night), or even Indy. I think the AFC is pretty much wide open and SD has as good a chance as anyone but I'm not buying that they are this awesome, unstoppable team just yet. Are they on a roll? Sure, 7 straight... but let's see how you guys do on the final stretch! We might just steal it from you. :twokisses:twokisses

This is exactly what I'm talking about. I know you're not watching those teams because of these kinds of statements.

The Saints have played down to their competition on more than a couple of occasions this year and they've been lucky to escape a few times. When they're on like they were against the Patriots, they look unbeatable but when they're not (Rams/Redskins/Miami), they look like they have no business being in the playoffs.

Their remaining schedule looks pretty easy and I think they'll pull off the 16-0 unless they rest their starters. I get the feeling that their mojo is going to run out in the playoffs but I hope that's not the case because I'm rooting for them and Brees to make it to the Super Bowl in the NFC.

Ditto for the Colts. They've been fortunate to escape five games that their opponents had won but they choked in the end: Dolphins/Ravens/Texans x 2.
The game against the 49ers wasn't choked away by SF but that game went down to the wire.

And to be fair the Chargers had the game against the Giants where their opponent choked at the end. You can count the first Raider game but the Chargers lost five starters during that game. I thought it was a hell of a great job to win that one.

IMO, the Chargers have actually played more consistent than the Saints and the Colts have and their only inconsistent/poor showing was the Steelers game. The d-line and o-line was a mash unit that game and one could argue that if that game was played now, the Chargers might roll over Pittsburgh.

I hate to keep picking on you but statements like these that you throw out is exactly the stuff people on here b**** about coming from ESPN when they don't do their homework.

SJ Bronco
12-08-2009, 10:15 AM

I think it's good your a homer....I'm also glad you kept your nut sack ;)

chex
12-08-2009, 10:18 AM
This is exactly what I'm talking about. I know you're not watching those teams because of these kinds of statements.

The Saints have played down to their competition on more than a couple of occasions this year and they've been lucky to escape a few times. When they're on like they were against the Patriots, they look unbeatable but when they're not (Rams/Redskins/Miami), they look like they have no business being in the playoffs.

Their remaining schedule looks pretty easy and I think they'll pull off the 16-0 unless they rest their starters. I get the feeling that their mojo is going to run out in the playoffs but I hope that's not the case because I'm rooting for them and Brees to make it to the Super Bowl in the NFC.

Ditto for the Colts. They've been fortunate to escape five games that their opponents had won but they choked in the end: Dolphins/Ravens/Texans x 2.
The game against the 49ers wasn't choked away by SF but that game went down to the wire.

And to be fair the Chargers had the game against the Giants where their opponent choked at the end. You can count the first Raider game but the Chargers lost five starters during that game. I thought it was a hell of a great job to win that one.

IMO, the Chargers have actually played more consistent than the Saints and the Colts have and their only inconsistent/poor showing was the Steelers game. The d-line and o-line was a mash unit that game and one could argue that if that game was played now, the Chargers might roll over Pittsburgh.

I hate to keep picking on you but statements like these that you throw out is exactly the stuff people on here b**** about coming from ESPN when they don't do their homework.

Give me a ****ing break. You roll in here and start slamming people because they said something you donít agree with?

The statement that the Chargers arenít some sort of unstoppable team is a fair one. Seems like youíre justifying every loss to external circumstances. ďIf we played the Steelers nowĒÖ..well , you donít. Of course youíd love to play them now, with some of their best players not 100%. How noble of you to suggest that. Wow, what a great team you must have. I love how fans like yourself always count the close losses as shoulda been wins, but never count the close wins as shoulda been losses.

So if someone on here doesnít care enough to follow your team or anyone elseís as close as you feel is necessary, go **** around elsewhere. Donít come onto a Broncos board with this ****, that if someone argues that maybe the Chargers arenít the best team like you think they are, then they donít know what the **** theyíre talking about.

oubronco
12-08-2009, 10:23 AM

Hell Yea I could just throw that piece of shyt jersey in the trash after I wiped up with it after a tumble with that vixen

Brewer
12-08-2009, 10:31 AM
Just give up, Chex. He's a Dolts fan who is only allowed to post on a Broncos fan site. With the kind of logic he displays, do you really think you're going to get him to see both sides of close wins and close losses? He's just as much of a :homer: as anyone, but he likes to point out that the Orange Mane members are Broncos homers. I wonder, if he was actually allowed to post on a Chuggers board, if he would call them homers, too? Ha!

SJ Bronco
12-08-2009, 10:33 AM
Hell Yea I could just throw that piece of shyt jersey in the trash after I wiped up with it after a tumble with that vixen

All I could think of when I saw this was. Damn that peyton manning is getting in the way of my happiness again. I just see it as another good reason to burn that jersey!

BlaK-Argentina
12-08-2009, 11:52 AM

Let me get one thing straight... when the Colts win a close game by making a clutch play/s on defense or great QB play by Manning they're lucky... definitely not 12-0 good, right?

Same with the Saints, they make the plays they need to when they need yet they're not 12-0 good either? Just because they've been lucky? Every team has a couple of down games yet they've managed to come out victorious in each one.

But the Chargers, who already lost 3 games but did a great job NOT losing some other games where they had injuries, are clearly a superior team? (and I know you didn't say this but that's how it sounded) I'm sure the Colts don't miss Sanders, or Freeney the last couple of games, or whatever. From what I've seen from every top NFL team, I have to say the Chargers are not as impressive. So what if NO needed a couple of breaks to win last sunday? Doesn't every team every other game?

I'm not claiming I know everything about these teams and how they've won. That's just how I see it and I'll be the first one to say I'm not the most knowledgeable fan. It's just my opinion. Don't get all butthurt about my opinion on SD. Don't be so damn insecure. This is a Denver board. I can only imagine the kind of responses I would get if I went to a SD board to say that the Broncos are a better team than the Chargers, Colts and Saints.

BlaK-Argentina
12-08-2009, 11:56 AM
Give me a ****ing break. You roll in here and start slamming people because they said something you donít agree with?

The statement that the Chargers arenít some sort of unstoppable team is a fair one. Seems like youíre justifying every loss to external circumstances. ďIf we played the Steelers nowĒÖ..well , you donít. Of course youíd love to play them now, with some of their best players not 100%. How noble of you to suggest that. Wow, what a great team you must have. I love how fans like yourself always count the close losses as shoulda been wins, but never count the close wins as shoulda been losses.

So if someone on here doesnít care enough to follow your team or anyone elseís as close as you feel is necessary, go **** around elsewhere. Donít come onto a Broncos board with this ****, that if someone argues that maybe the Chargers arenít the best team like you think they are, then they donít know what the **** theyíre talking about.

Thanks, couldn't have said it better myself. Sometimes I get in trouble trying to express something in english! Hilarious!

boltaneer
12-08-2009, 11:57 AM

The statement that the Chargers arenít some sort of unstoppable team is a fair one.

Well, I'd like to see where I said they were an "unstoppable team" because I'm pretty sure I never said that.

Seems like youíre justifying every loss to external circumstances. ďIf we played the Steelers nowĒÖ..well , you donít. Of course youíd love to play them now, with some of their best players not 100%. How noble of you to suggest that. Wow, what a great team you must have. I love how fans like yourself always count the close losses as shoulda been wins, but never count the close wins as shoulda been losses.

Well, I did admit that the Chargers played poorly against the Steelers.

But I'll tell you what, I'll take back my comment about the Steelers loss. I have no problem doing so. They dominated that game and honestly I am thrilled to see them looking like they're going to miss the playoffs. I felt dirty about it but I was cheering on the Raiders at the end of the game this Sunday. :)

They are the team I fear the most because if they do pull it together and make the playoffs and get Polamalu back, I think they would take the Chargers out just like they did last year.

If that's not admitting fear of a team, I don't know what is. :)

Read my posts. I said I don't have a problem with the way he likes to be a fan. But what do disagree with is him talking about the Chargers with some sort of authority especially because he himself admitted that he "doesn't know a lot about the Chargers".

I listened to his points and I countered them. He's the one who can't go into details with me because he "doesn't know a lot about the Chargers". There are those on here who I have good debates with. I may not agree with them but I can tell by their posts that they actually know what they're talking about when it comes to the Chargers.

He can have his opinions. Nothing in the world is going to stop him from have that. But I'm going to slam them because IMO, he doesn't know what he's talking about.

It's not anything personal or anything. I can tell that he's an enthusiastic fan and that's cool because in the end we're all football fans. He just roots for the wrong team. ;)

I don't want this to get all dramatic and serious because to me, while I really enjoy great debate, in the end all this message board stuff is just something to entertain ourselves between Sundays and it's not meant to be taken so seriously. We're not out there playing the game or coaching the team so I say let's just drop it. :flower:

TailgateNut
12-08-2009, 11:57 AM
Let me get one thing straight... when the Colts win a close game by making a clutch play/s on defense or great QB play by Manning they're lucky... definitely not 12-0 good, right?

Same with the Saints, they make the plays they need to when they need yet they're not 12-0 good either? Just because they've been lucky? Every team has a couple of down games yet they've managed to come out victorious in each one.

But the Chargers, who already lost 3 games but did a great job NOT losing some other games where they had injuries, are clearly a superior team? (and I know you didn't say this but that's how it sounded) I'm sure the Colts don't miss Sanders, or Freeney the last couple of games, or whatever. From what I've seen from every top NFL team, I have to say the Chargers are not as impressive. So what if NO needed a couple of breaks to win last sunday? Doesn't every team every other game?

I'm not claiming I know everything about these teams and how they've won. That's just how I see it and I'll be the first one to say I'm not the most knowledgeable fan. It's just my opinion. Don't get all butthurt about my opinion on SD. Don't be so damn insecure. This is a Denver board. I can only imagine the kind of responses I would get if I went to a SD board to say that the Broncos are a better team than the Chargers, Colts and Saints.

Don't ya know that they're the "San Diego SUPER Chargers"?:spit:

boltaneer
12-08-2009, 12:07 PM

I pretty much said all I wanted to in my response above to the other poster but I do want to make a quick comment about the bolded part above:

I know what kind of response you would get and you would get a lot of hate and a lot of immaturity along with it and I wouldn't condone it. We football fans are conditioned to hate rival fans like they were the worst thing ever.

It sometimes feels like a losing battle to try to be a civil fan, especially on the net and on a football message board. I guess it's my fault for trying to fight a losing battle.

I'll just post my thoughts on Charger stuff from now on. If people choose to ignore it, it's cool (most probably do). And I'll refrain from the drama stuff like this from now on.

broncocalijohn
12-08-2009, 12:40 PM
I think it's good your a homer....I'm also glad you kept your nut sack ;)

Welcher! Blak owes us one pair of nuts to donate to L.ex or R.asta since they were obviously not born with any.

Tombstone RJ
12-08-2009, 12:47 PM

::) whatever

Punisher
12-08-2009, 01:06 PM
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uaSZMBjpP5E&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uaSZMBjpP5E&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

BlaK-Argentina
12-08-2009, 03:20 PM
Well, I'd like to see where I said they were an "unstoppable team" because I'm pretty sure I never said that.

Well, I did admit that the Chargers played poorly against the Steelers.

But I'll tell you what, I'll take back my comment about the Steelers loss. I have no problem doing so. They dominated that game and honestly I am thrilled to see them looking like they're going to miss the playoffs. I felt dirty about it but I was cheering on the Raiders at the end of the game this Sunday. :)

They are the team I fear the most because if they do pull it together and make the playoffs and get Polamalu back, I think they would take the Chargers out just like they did last year.

If that's not admitting fear of a team, I don't know what is. :)

Read my posts. I said I don't have a problem with the way he likes to be a fan. But what do disagree with is him talking about the Chargers with some sort of authority especially because he himself admitted that he "doesn't know a lot about the Chargers".

I listened to his points and I countered them. He's the one who can't go into details with me because he "doesn't know a lot about the Chargers". There are those on here who I have good debates with. I may not agree with them but I can tell by their posts that they actually know what they're talking about when it comes to the Chargers.

He can have his opinions. Nothing in the world is going to stop him from have that. But I'm going to slam them because IMO, he doesn't know what he's talking about.

It's not anything personal or anything. I can tell that he's an enthusiastic fan and that's cool because in the end we're all football fans. He just roots for the wrong team. ;)

I don't want this to get all dramatic and serious because to me, while I really enjoy great debate, in the end all this message board stuff is just something to entertain ourselves between Sundays and it's not meant to be taken so seriously. We're not out there playing the game or coaching the team so I say let's just drop it. :flower:

Umm, what? I was just giving my opinion. Doesn't matter if I'm wrong or right, why do you even care? I wasn't even talking to you! I like you but you're way off here. You "attacked" me for giving my opinion... on a Broncos board. :spit:
It's not like I went to your SD board and started a thread saying: "You're not that good, will still lose 3 more games and get trounced in the playoffs. And this is a fact because I say so".

For the last time, it was just MY opinion from the limited time I've watched SD. It's not a fact and there's no point in getting all hurt about it. It's up to your team to prove me wrong. ;D

The bolded part of your post kind of bothered me cause I didn't mean it like that.

And I hate the Chargers, not their fans. At least the guys that visit this board are ok. Much better than Chiefs fans! (with some exceptions)

Are we cool? :wiggle: !Booya!

BlaK-Argentina
12-08-2009, 03:25 PM
Welcher! Blak owes us one pair of nuts to donate to L.ex or R.asta since they were obviously not born with any.

There's no way my nuts are going anywhere near those two. Hilarious!

Atwater His Ass
12-08-2009, 04:46 PM
you already admitted you don't know anything about SD. so why you getting all butt-hurt because someone who does know about SD, points those mistakes out?

hambone13
12-08-2009, 05:05 PM

Wow, you really look like an idiot. Bolt's actually a pretty objective and regular poster on the mane. You're a little too green here to pull out statements like these...

hambone13
12-08-2009, 05:12 PM
you already admitted you don't know anything about SD. so why you getting all butt-hurt because someone who does know about SD, points those mistakes out?

Precisely. Bolt's a pretty honorable fan. The only area I think he's a little homer about is his "every now and then" comment about swaying optimistically swaying toward his team. We all have those moments and optimism is entirely too subjective to be objective about IMO. However, if you're gonna rough someone up, know your facts.

hambone13
12-08-2009, 05:15 PM
I'd rather win out the rest of the season other than the Colts than have to beat them twice to get to the Superbowl. I don't think we can beat them twice at this point in the season especially if we were to win out, somehow knocking out SD and taking the west and have to play them in the AFC championship...yuck. I just don't think we have the squad (primarily offensively) to go head to head with them and beat 'em twice.

BlaK-Argentina
12-08-2009, 05:17 PM

Who invited you to the party anyway? I am talking to him. The only thing that bothered me is that I didn't say SD would lose in a "know it all" attitude or whatever. I'm not that kind of guy.

Mind your business.

BlaK-Argentina
12-08-2009, 05:20 PM
Precisely. Bolt's a pretty honorable fan. The only area I think he's a little homer about is his "every now and then" comment about swaying optimistically swaying toward his team. We all have those moments and optimism is entirely too subjective to be objective about IMO. However, if you're gonna rough someone up, know your facts.

What the hell? I have no problem with what HE SAID. It's the way he painted what I said that bothered me. I didn't bash him once or anything. And he doesn't need to be defended anyway. Jeez.

Now you get censored for posting what you think will happen with a rival team... what is this board turning into?

atomicbloke
12-08-2009, 05:26 PM
I'd rather win out the rest of the season other than the Colts than have to beat them twice to get to the Superbowl. I don't think we can beat them twice at this point in the season especially if we were to win out, somehow knocking out SD and taking the west and have to play them in the AFC championship...yuck. I just don't think we have the squad (primarily offensively) to go head to head with them and beat 'em twice.

Excellent logic!

In fact I think we made a mistake by beating the Patriots, the Chargers, and the Bengals, since we might meet them in the Playoffs too!

SJ Bronco
12-08-2009, 05:49 PM
excellent logic!

In fact i think we made a mistake by beating the patriots, the chargers, and the bengals, since we might meet them in the playoffs too!

rofl!

hambone13
12-08-2009, 08:00 PM
Excellent logic!

In fact I think we made a mistake by beating the Patriots, the Chargers, and the Bengals, since we might meet them in the Playoffs too!

Yeah, because that sophomoric gross generalization is exactly what I was talking about....jackass.

Atwater His Ass
12-08-2009, 08:08 PM
Who invited you to the party anyway? I am talking to him. The only thing that bothered me is that I didn't say SD would lose in a "know it all" attitude or whatever. I'm not that kind of guy.

Mind your business.

lol

*post e-thug pic here*

anyway, he "painted" you exactly how you are. a regular football fan that knows squadoosh about anything outside of his team besides what espn tells you.

don't start flashing your vag all over the place because the truth hurts.

baja
12-08-2009, 08:40 PM
lol

*post e-thug pic here*

anyway, he "painted" you exactly how you are. a regular football fan that knows squadoosh about anything outside of his team besides what espn tells you.

You like jumping in others business don't you Ass.

Hoping to show your vast football knowledge? All you are showing is your assness.

SJ Bronco
12-08-2009, 09:08 PM
Yeah, because that sophomoric gross generalization is exactly what I was talking about....jackass.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6YQoA4MSYQQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6YQoA4MSYQQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

!Booya!

Beantown Bronco
12-08-2009, 09:58 PM
There's no way my nuts are going anywhere near those two. Hilarious!

Who are you to deny a couple of guys their dreams?

BlaK-Argentina
12-08-2009, 10:03 PM
lol

*post e-thug pic here*

:rofl: e-thug? You can ask anyone who even barely knows me here what they think of me and I'm sure not one of them will be with you on that one.

And you know why I don't know "squadoosh" about the other teams? Because I don't want to. I could care less about the Chargers or any other team outside Denver unless we're playing them the next week.

ESPN? You're repeating what boltaneer said and you don't even realize I don't live in the US and have ZERO access to NFL news on TV. And I don't think I EVER visited to ESPN's site. But whatever. I'll make sure to spend 10+ hours a day sitting on the computer researching all 32 teams from now on. Maybe THEN I'll be allowed to have an opinion by the Mane security.

I'm so dying to know everything about every team... I'm so hurt by the "truth" that I won't sleep tonight... !Booya!

From now on, try to stay away from a discussion I'm having with someone else, please. And for the last time, I like boltaneer and was just messing with him in good fun.

Have a good night.

BlaK-Argentina
12-08-2009, 10:08 PM
Who are you to deny a couple of guys their dreams?

Hey we're talking about MY nuts here. I think I should at least have a say in who's getting them.

SJ Bronco
12-08-2009, 10:11 PM
Hey we're talking about MY nuts here. I think I should at least have a say in who's getting them.

To make it clear...we don't want them...we don't even need proof of accomplishment on this one bud. Honor system...;D

SJ Bronco
12-08-2009, 10:13 PM

:spit: you're on a roll today brohem....

BlaK-Argentina
12-08-2009, 10:18 PM
To make it clear...we don't want them...we don't even need proof of accomplishment on this one bud. Honor system...;D

I can't believe ONE sentence on a game thread with thousands of posts has gone this far. ;D You're to blame, right?

SJ Bronco
12-08-2009, 10:38 PM
I can't believe ONE sentence on a game thread with thousands of posts has gone this far. ;D You're to blame, right?

I'll take the blame...the credit...whatever you want...:welcome:

BlaK-Argentina
12-08-2009, 10:45 PM
I'll take the blame...the credit...whatever you want...:welcome:

I have to say your obsession with my nads is kind of disturbing. Ha!

Atwater His Ass
12-09-2009, 01:38 AM
:rofl: e-thug? You can ask anyone who even barely knows me here what they think of me and I'm sure not one of them will be with you on that one.

And you know why I don't know "squadoosh" about the other teams? Because I don't want to. I could care less about the Chargers or any other team outside Denver unless we're playing them the next week.

Which is exactly the point. So why get all defensive.

Protip: you want to have a private conversation with someone? take it to PM's. :wave:

Old Dude
12-09-2009, 10:15 AM
If Jacksonville beats Miami this week, then it looks to me like Denver could clinch at least a WC spot simply by beating Oakland and Kansas City.

Edit: - - oops. never mind. There would still be a scenario where Jacksonville and the AFC North runner up could bounce us.... dang

SJ Bronco
12-09-2009, 11:07 AM
I have to say your obsession with my nads is kind of disturbing. Ha!

It disturbs me too, but rest assured that I think of a few other things more during the day...;D:thumbsup:

Ambiguous
12-09-2009, 11:56 AM
If Jacksonville beats Miami this week, then it looks to me like Denver could clinch at least a WC spot simply by beating Oakland and Kansas City.

Edit: - - oops. never mind. There would still be a scenario where Jacksonville and the AFC North runner up could bounce us.... dang

Wrong thread, we're talking about nuts now.

Paladin
12-09-2009, 02:58 PM
Do you shave them?

BlaK-Argentina
12-09-2009, 03:35 PM
This thread is getting way too weird.

SJ Bronco
12-09-2009, 04:55 PM
This thread is getting way too weird.

Getting?

http://www.everythingweird.com/images/weird-helping-hand_49.jpg

2KBack
12-09-2009, 05:01 PM
Do you shave them?

There it is

SJ Bronco
12-09-2009, 05:05 PM
There it is

C:/ end thread ( you can tell i know Diznick about computer code)

Popps
12-10-2009, 10:50 PM
Brownies help us out after all! Sweet. This was big.

HAT
12-10-2009, 11:52 PM
Getting?

http://www.everythingweird.com/images/weird-helping-hand_49.jpg

Is that BW back when he had hair in '82? Looks like some skank he would consider 'hot'.

bpc
12-10-2009, 11:58 PM
Huge win by the Browns.

We would have to monumentally choke to miss the playoffs. 2-2 should get us in but 3 wins will clinch it.

Ravens still the biggest threat with Dolphins and Jets hanging in the background.