PDA

View Full Version : You want to know what I really hate, I know you guys have noticed it too.....

KevinJames
12-06-2009, 11:42 PM
The media is seriously on the Chargers ball sack and they act like the Broncos will suddenly just fade away into the mist lol, so many members of the media picked KC to beat us today which I found really funny. They even said the Chargers 30-23 victory over the Browns was impressive and they proved today that they might just be a real Superbowl contender I mean they only beat the same team the Broncos beat in Cleveland by 21 points.

Another example Chargers beat the Giants they consider it a big time win and the media is impressed lol we handled the Giants matter fact dominated them the score should of definitely been higher than it was yet they simply just make excuses and say "Giants lost this game the Broncos didn't win it"

Chargers beat the chiefs 43-14 @San Diego and the media and fan reaction was "The chargers look like such a well oiled machine a real unstoppable force. Thats the way you got to handle teams if you wanna be a considered a good team in this league. They say things like KC isn't just a team you walk all over they beat the Steelers....."

It seems like we didn't even play today according to my TV and radio I see and hear more Browns and Chargers highlights and talk about how deep the Chargers can go in the playoffs than I do any highlights or talk of the Broncos.

yet the Broncos beat the chiefs 44-13 @Arrowhead in December. Rushed for 245 yds total and they held Matt Cassell to his lowest yardage total and QB rating of his career yet I hear nothing from the media giving props or anything especially after such a dominant performance.

I just find it kind of sickening how bias the media is towards the Chargers and how negative they are with the Broncos. Maybe a win over the colts win open their eyes or will they make some kind of mistake saying Peyton's contacts fell out mid game and thats why they lost.........

cutthemdown
12-06-2009, 11:46 PM
Yep once again Chargers the media darlings that never get called out for choking in playoffs and Superbowls. They were worshiping them during the game but I was like if Quinn just wouldn't be an idiot in the redzone they could have stayed in that game.

Chargers running game not all that. They are Rivers and that is it. He's that good IMO. Rivers player unbelievable.

To beat Chargers you have to run the ball on them. Keep ball out of Rivers hands.

Then you have to pressure Rivers up the middle. Don't bother blitzing outside. You are better off leaving the OLbers cutting those screens down that they run like 5-6 times a game.

BroncoDoug
12-06-2009, 11:47 PM
umm welcome to 2009? didn't you know the Chargers are the greatest team to ever be involved in the NFL?

but i hear what you are saying, but I like it. I like flying under the radar and being the underdog everyweek. its just going to be that much sweeter in the end.

KevinJames
12-06-2009, 11:56 PM
I hope we meet them in the Playoffs because I think that really we are a better overall team than the Chargers and they caught us off guard and really took advantage of the situation with the Orton injury and the freakish turnovers buried us in a hole and momentum and team spirit was crushed after the whole Simms debacle.

as of a matter of fact I will say this should the Broncos get into the playoffs they will have a very good shot at beating any of the team considering we already beat 3/5 of the current playoff seedings so I truly believe that we can match and beat any team currently in the playoffs except for maybe the Colts since we haven't tested ourselves against them yet but say if we end up winning next week @Indy than you really got to like our playoff chances considering we would have beaten them all besides the Jags.

boltaneer
12-07-2009, 12:01 AM
I think you're reading too much into it. Although I will say in general the AFC West kind of gets this kind of treatment in general.

When the Chargers beat the Giants a few weeks back, there was praise for Rivers for engineering that game winning drive however, during the whole week whether it was on Sirius, NFL Network or ESPN, the big story was "What's wrong with the Giants". The following week when the Chargers beat the Eagles, it was more of the same thing and the media was criticizing Andy Reid for ignoring the running game instead of focusing on the play of the Chargers.

The Chargers have won seven in a row and they're the hottest team in the league behind Indy and New Orleans so they'll probably get a little more love than the Broncos because everyone saw the Chargers winning the division before the season started. But in the grand scheme of things I think you're off on this. I think the AFC West (and the NFC West for that matter) gets generally ignored by the media.

BTW, today's game felt like a pre-season game of sorts with lots of backup and practice squad guys playing. If you watched the game, the Chargers dominated and the game was never in doubt. Ron Rivera once again went into prevent mode a little too early for my liking and he let Cleveland score some cheap points at the end of the game but I was fine with it. The point of this week was to get the win and get out healthy while resting some of the injured guys. I guess it was a bit of an ugly win but whatever. I expected it to be a very dull game.

Bronco Yoda
12-07-2009, 12:12 AM
I will give the Chargers some Credit. They are on a roll. Philip Rivers though is still the biggest POS in the NFL.

I hope we meet again this year. That's all I'm saying.

Doggcow
12-07-2009, 01:14 AM
It wasn't until we started getting favored in games that we started losing.

Blart
12-07-2009, 01:43 AM
Chargers lose to Dallas, book it.

Broncoman13
12-07-2009, 04:26 AM
Chargers are on a pretty good winning streak and even Tony Dungy, who still has plenty of insight and inside information from the Colts said the team they are most worried about is the Chargers. The Chargers have the Colts #. It's pretty fair that the media is pimping them, they have the AFC's 2nd longest winning streak. And, it wasn't too long ago that they thumped us pretty good at home.

Listen, if you spend all of your time worrying about other teams and how much attention they are getting it will drive you mad. Keep perspective. Here is what I can tell you about your Denver Broncos:

1. We were looking for an improved team from last year. FOUND IT.
2. We were looking for a team that got better and better as the season progressed. I think we're seeing it.
3. We expected a rebuilding year with major issues on Defense and QB. I'd certainly say both have overachieved compared to what my expectations were before camp started.
4. We expected anywhere from 4 to 8 wins. I'd say we've overachieved in this area as well. In all likelihood we end up with 10 wins, maybe 11.

What I now know... This team flipped half of it's roster from last season and are already performing at a very high level. I can't say enough how impressed I am with this coaching staff. The only thing that drives me crazy is McD's game day play calling. Seems like sometimes he decides to throw the ball just b/c he hasn't thrown the ball in a few plays. I've seen Knowshon and/or Buck running for 7 and 8 yards every down and he'll decide to mix in a pass and it has backfired.... A LOT. Couple of prime examples come to mind. With Chrissy Simms starting at QB, we open the SD game with 7 straight runs and we are moving the ball at will. The first time he calls a pass play, Simms is stripped and the drive is killed. Early in the game so it obviously wasn't the only difference, but it sure changed the dynamic of the game and the momentum swung very early. The second example was in yesterday's game. We were again running the ball at will and deep in our territory he calls a pass play. Clady, who struggled mightily against Tamba Hali, allowed him to once again penetrate, this time stripping the ball and allowing the Chefs to recover the fumble inside our 5. Run the ball three consecutive plays and we're playing at worst from the 50. Imagine if that was a close game yesterday, that could have been the difference.

So, while I understand the killer instinct McD has and the thought process which is to strike quickly with the pass. I think sometimes it is better to come with the attitude of, where going to run, run, and run some more. At least until they show that they can stop it. I swear, Buck ran the same play behind Clady and every time he ran for at least 10 yards it seemed. Keep doing that until they commit to stopping it and then play off that... but make them stop what is working first!

Bottom line. This team is still learning McD's system. They are still learning Nolan's system. They are playing good football. Not a team that is going to challenge for a Super Bowl title this year, but the future looks very bright... especially if we can get those other rookies outside of Knowshon going.

Broncoman13
12-07-2009, 04:27 AM
Chargers lose to Dallas, book it.

They playing in December? Just saying...

SD plays great football this time of year.

Dallas plays terrible this time of year.

crawdad
12-07-2009, 05:34 AM
I think you're reading too much into it. Although I will say in general the AFC West kind of gets this kind of treatment in general.

When the Chargers beat the Giants a few weeks back, there was praise for Rivers for engineering that game winning drive however, during the whole week whether it was on Sirius, NFL Network or ESPN, the big story was "What's wrong with the Giants". The following week when the Chargers beat the Eagles, it was more of the same thing and the media was criticizing Andy Reid for ignoring the running game instead of focusing on the play of the Chargers.

The Chargers have won seven in a row and they're the hottest team in the league behind Indy and New Orleans so they'll probably get a little more love than the................

........... of this week was to get the win and get out healthy while resting some of the injured guys. I guess it was a bit of an ugly win but whatever. I expected it to be a very dull game.

Well put, admit it the AFCW doesn't get as much credit because KC and Oaktown are not competetive, well. er, not consistantly competetive. And the Chargers are mowing down teams. Let's see how the rest of the season goes.

Chargers are in the drivers seat right now, but we sure as hell are riding shotgun and looking to drive!

cutthemdown
12-07-2009, 05:40 AM
I just keep thinking how Pats missed playoffs at 11-5. That would be a tough pill to swallow. If Broncos could play great football and beat Indy, wow that would go along way to getting Broncos in position to win the division.

It would pressure Chargers to have to beat all the good teams on there schedule.

chex
12-07-2009, 05:57 AM
west coast bias.

broncofan
12-07-2009, 06:27 AM
It's probably because they're a better team than us right now...and it's been their division since 2005. When we beat them and take it away, I'm sure we'll get that respect.

And when did we start worrying about the media attention anyway? When they were destroying us we came out of the gate blazing. They hopped on the bandwagon just in time for us to drop 4 straight. I like our play under the radar better anyway.

missingnumber7
12-07-2009, 06:44 AM
I mean they only beat the same team the Broncos beat in Cleveland by 21 points.

Ummm...I was at that game...it was in Denver.

Bob's your Information Minister
12-07-2009, 06:46 AM
yet the Broncos beat the chiefs 44-13 @Arrowhead in December. Rushed for 245 yds total and they held Matt Cassell to his lowest yardage total and QB rating of his career yet I hear nothing from the media giving props or anything especially after such a dominant performance.

It was darn near the worst QB rating in the history of the CHIEFS.

http://kan.scout.com/2/926640.html

Instead, there were probably Chiefs fans at Arrowhead yearning for Kyle Orton (http://kan.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=8&c=1&nid=4379666). Cassel’s 14.6 quarterback rating against Denver is lower than anything Tyler Thigpen, Elvis Grbac or Steve Bono ever posted as Chiefs. It is the lowest rating posted by a Kansas City starter since David Krieg stunk up Arrowhead in a 1992 game against the Steelers. We’re rapidly approaching Bill Kenney levels of failure.

Beantown Bronco
12-07-2009, 07:33 AM
They playing in December? Just saying...

SD plays great football this time of year.

Dallas plays terrible this time of year.

What does your book say about the Broncos chances in KC in December?

Peoples Champ
12-07-2009, 07:56 AM
i still dont want credit. I love being the sleeper team with no credit. I was loving winning every week when people thought we had no chance. When we were 6-0 and the media hopped on the bandwagon, I didnt like that because I didnt want to have a target on the back. I hope we slip into the playoffs as a sleeper team that the media says "got lucky to be in the playoffs". That should motivate the team.

Kaylore
12-07-2009, 08:00 AM
Part of it is the media picked us to suck and picked the Chargers to win the division and they don't like being embarrassed. The real reason is we have earned this reputation because of how our team has performed the previous three years. If we want people to stop picking us to fade late, we need to stop fading late.

Really who cares what people say anyway? I like how this team performs when everyone keeps saying we suck.

Hogan11
12-07-2009, 08:14 AM
Personally, I love it. I love embarrassing the media. I love it when the Broncos win over "some team they shouldn't have" and the flags fly at half mast in Bristol and all the pregame show pundits try hard to not to show their disappointment in the post game wrapups.

Did you see all those foolish guys picking the Chiefs yesterday based on old bullshat like "Denver is 1 and something in KC in December"..like the same old regime was on the Broncos sidelines? It's unbelievable.

gtown
12-07-2009, 08:31 AM
Personally, I love it. I love embarrassing the media. I love it when the Broncos win over "some team they shouldn't have" and the flags fly at half mast in Bristol and all the pregame show pundits try hard to not to show their disappointment in the post game wrapups.

Did you see all those foolish guys picking the Chiefs yesterday based on old bullshat like "Denver is 1 and something in KC in December"..like the same old regime was on the Broncos sidelines? It's unbelievable.

Thinking the same thing too when they were picking winners. But then I remember how inept we have been in Arrowhead late in the season over several coaching regimes, not just Shanny. Just goes to show you how bad the Chiefs are this year.

ESPN has some douchebags, but you gotta remember Tom Jackson is just as homerish as the rest of them.

pink_feet
12-07-2009, 08:31 AM
I will give the Chargers some Credit. They are on a roll. Philip Rivers though is still the biggest POS in the NFL.

I hope we meet again this year. That's all I'm saying.

Maybe he is, but I hate playing against him because he guy is unbelievable right now.

chex
12-07-2009, 08:41 AM
A few things to add:

1. Who cares? If we win, and no one notices, it’s still a win. Even if they say we’re the worst 8-4 team ever, it sure beats being the best 4-8 team. Eventually we’ll win enough games to get noticed I guess, and we’ll be the subject of pregame shows once again. We got plenty of recognition when we won two Super Bowls.

2. In all fairness, the Chargers have been on the national radar for several years now. A lot of national TV exposure, some playoff success, and some household names will get you respect, right or wrong. We did them a big favor by collapsing last year while they rattled off wins the entire month of December and won the division. Which leads to…

3. We’ve given them enough reasons not to give us any respect. A number of high profile, nationally televised losses over the past several years will do that. That’s all people will remember until you give them something else to remember. We’ve been a mediocre franchise at best the past few years. We won’t garner a lot of respect until we start doing some things, like winning games and playing in January. The only thing we have to worry about is winning. All the other ancillary stuff that people love will follow close behind.

BroncoMan4ever
12-07-2009, 08:51 AM
the Chargers cntinue to be the team that everyone picks to represent the AFC in the super bowl, yet every year they **** the bed. no one wants to be considered wrong, so the media continues to hang off the Chargers nuts regardless of the eventual outcome.

missingnumber7
12-07-2009, 09:35 AM
ESPN has some douchebags, but you gotta remember Tom Jackson is just as homerish as the rest of them.

I disagree that Jackson is a homer. I think he is very fond of his former team. But when things are wrong he's one of the first to rip the team. He doesn't blindly pick the team every week. When he picks the Broncos he has a legitimate reason for picking them.

BroncoMan4ever
12-07-2009, 01:42 PM
i still dont want credit. I love being the sleeper team with no credit. I was loving winning every week when people thought we had no chance. When we were 6-0 and the media hopped on the bandwagon, I didnt like that because I didnt want to have a target on the back. I hope we slip into the playoffs as a sleeper team that the media says "got lucky to be in the playoffs". That should motivate the team.

i agree. i'd love for us to be seen as this years Cardinals, the team no one had faith in and suddenly we are in the super bowl

Broncos4tw
12-07-2009, 01:52 PM
They are actually playing really solid football right now. Some HCs are saying they are probably the best team in football.. right now, at least how they are playing. Adam on the radio this morning was answering a question about whether they were actually as good as people make them out to be. He said right now, they are.. he read off some stats, and they were playing just now, better than the unbeatens.

Still, I have full confidence they will fold when it matters. I loathe Rivers, and there is one guy I wouldn't terribly mind receiving an injury that removes him from the NFL. We'll see how cocky he is flipping burgers at McD.

XXXshogunXXX
12-07-2009, 01:57 PM
They are actually playing really solid football right now. Some HCs are saying they are probably the best team in football.. right now, at least how they are playing. Adam on the radio this morning was answering a question about whether they were actually as good as people make them out to be. He said right now, they are.. he read off some stats, and they were playing just now, better than the unbeatens.

Still, I have full confidence they will fold when it matters. I loathe Rivers, and there is one guy I wouldn't terribly mind receiving an injury that removes him from the NFL. We'll see how cocky he is flipping burgers at McD.

classy

yavoon
12-07-2009, 02:10 PM
my team is being victimized by the media! rar! we are underdogs! rar! no respect! rar! use as motivation! rar! circle the wagons! rar!

boltaneer
12-07-2009, 02:14 PM
classy

And hilarious. I love how people get so riled up over Rivers. He's like Hitler or something around here. :)

400HZ
12-07-2009, 02:25 PM
I think the media is on to something. :thumbsup:

Bronco LB52
12-07-2009, 02:30 PM
classy

This is an ironic post coming from one of the biggest low lifes on AFC West message boards.

That being said, I respect Rivers and think he's on the level of Manning-Brady-Brees. Don't let one dumb **** speak for all Broncos fans.

broncosteven
12-07-2009, 02:30 PM
I am guessing our 4 game losing streak had something to do with propelling SD to "best team with an 8-3 record" status.

Until Denver takes the Division lead back expect more of the same.

Los Broncos
12-07-2009, 02:40 PM
I don't like Rivers but I wouldn't wish injury on him, that's just a stupid thing to say.

BlaK-Argentina
12-07-2009, 02:48 PM
Who careeees. The Chargers will still be watching the SB from their homes. ;D

rmsanger
12-07-2009, 02:52 PM
who the *** cares, it's been this way since I've been born.. I've learned to deal with it and actually appreciate being on the DL...

Bronco LB52
12-07-2009, 02:54 PM
The Chargers have an exceptional offense, but their defense is ****. Their defense will eventually be exposed for what it is. The Chargers' Achilles Heal.

gunns
12-07-2009, 02:55 PM

While I'll agree they are playing very good football right now, to say they are the best in football is, well, relying on stats and stats never tell the whole story. Allowing Cleveland to score 23 pts tells part of the story.

gunns
12-07-2009, 02:58 PM
I don't like Rivers but I wouldn't wish injury on him, that's just a stupid thing to say.

True, I don't wish injury on any player, not even Favre. I prefer enjoying when we beat them earlier this year and Rivers pinched face at the press conference as he tried to say the right thing. I don't think he ever did say we were the better team, but it appeared he was choking on it. That was pleasure.

400HZ
12-07-2009, 03:31 PM
The Chargers have an exceptional offense, but their defense is ****. Their defense will eventually be exposed for what it is. The Chargers' Achilles Heal.

It's not ****. It's average.

Phillip Rivers + a league average defense = a championship run. San Diego's run game can't move the ball, but it produces in the red zone and that is all that we need.

snowspot66
12-07-2009, 03:38 PM

Playing the Raiders, Chiefs, and Browns in 4 of the past 7 games will do that for a teams stat line.

Consider me unconvinced. They got the easiest part of their schedule just when they needed it.

Bronco LB52
12-07-2009, 03:41 PM
It's not ****. It's average.

Phillip Rivers + a league average defense = a championship run. San Diego's run game can't move the ball, but it produces in the red zone and that is all that we need.

Rivers (great QB) gives the Chargers a chance to beat anybody. He's that good.

You are content with an average-to-below average defense with zero playmakers? Jammer is the only Pro Bowl caliber defensive player on your team. Phillips-Merriman-Cooper is the most overrated linebacking corps in the league. They talk a big game, but their play doesn't match their performance.

400HZ
12-07-2009, 06:42 PM
Rivers (great QB) gives the Chargers a chance to beat anybody. He's that good.

You are content with an average-to-below average defense with zero playmakers? Jammer is the only Pro Bowl caliber defensive player on your team. Phillips-Merriman-Cooper is the most overrated linebacking corps in the league. They talk a big game, but their play doesn't match their performance.

I didn't say that I was content with it, but it is what it is. They have some short term upside. Merriman, Castillo, and Weddle should be healthy by playoff time and first time starters like Siler, Ellison, and Nwagbuo are settling in and improving. It's better than what the Chargers took to Pittsburgh last January.

Los Broncos
12-07-2009, 06:54 PM
True, I don't wish injury on any player, not even Favre. I prefer enjoying when we beat them earlier this year and Rivers pinched face at the press conference as he tried to say the right thing. I don't think he ever did say we were the better team, but it appeared he was choking on it. That was pleasure.

Yeah I see your point, beating them is the ultimate revenge for some of the smack.

Now beating them in the playoffs would go a long way for making some ground up.