PDA

View Full Version : Draft pick locations through 12 games

Hercules Rockefeller
12-06-2009, 10:24 PM
Not doing the SOS tiebreaker, GBN will have that on Tuesday or Wednesday

8-4: 24-27
5-7: 9-14, helps for SOS that there are 2 AFC South teams in there that have played Indy twice

NFC Wildcard
Dal/Philly: 8-4
Green Bay: 7-4
NYG: 7-5
Atl: 6-6
SF, Chi, Seattle, Carolina: 5-7

Root for: GB tomorrow night and next Sun @Chi, Dallas at home against San Diego (for both Denver and their pick), and Philly is @NYG, whoever wins that game helps. If everything falls right (GB wins x2, Dal wins, and Philly wins), the Bears could be eliminated next Sunday.

Kaylore
12-06-2009, 10:25 PM
Not doing the SOS tiebreaker, GBN will have that on Tuesday or Wednesday

8-4: 24-27
5-7: 9-14, helps for SOS that there are 2 AFC South teams in there that have played Indy twice

NFC Wildcard
Dal/Philly: 8-4
Green Bay: 7-4
NYG: 7-5
Atl: 6-6
SF, Chi, Seattle, Carolina: 5-7

Root for: GB tomorrow night and next Sun @Chi, Dallas at home against San Diego (for both Denver and their pick), and Philly is @NYG, whoever wins that game helps. If everything falls right (GB wins x2, Dal wins, and Philly wins), the Bears could be eliminated next Sunday.

They should put little pieces of info like this into game-day brochures. I really hope we are picking somewhere in the very low teens. 11 would be awesome, especially if we made the playoffs.

Hercules Rockefeller
12-07-2009, 10:23 PM
And so it begins.

Green Bay's win means the current WC teams in the NFC are at 8 wins (with an NFCE team leading the division with 8 wins also).

A Green Bay win next week will eliminate the Bears from the playoffs. Green Bay would have 9 wins at that point, 1 more than Chicago could hit if they win out (8-8 would be the best possible record at that point). If there somehow ended up being a tie at 8-8 for the 6th spot, the first non-divisional tiebreaker is head-to-head. Philly would win that tiebreaker with Chicago. Next tiebreaker is conference record. Chicago could only get to 5-7 if they lose to Green Bay, every other possible team they could conceivably tie would beat them. Dallas already has 6 conference wins, NYG at 7-5 have 5 already and so does Atlanta at 6-6 (plus a H2H win).

Florida_Bronco
12-07-2009, 10:29 PM
Excellent.

Ambiguous
12-07-2009, 10:38 PM
Go pack go.

Hercules Rockefeller
12-07-2009, 11:17 PM
http://www.gbnreport.com/weeklydraftorder.html

Still 10th, the pick to Seattle is the 27th.

Popps
12-07-2009, 11:41 PM
They should put little pieces of info like this into game-day brochures. I really hope we are picking somewhere in the very low teens. 11 would be awesome, especially if we made the playoffs.

Anywhere between 10-20 will be phenomenal, considering we're coming off of a nice season. Totally agree.

Can't wait for the draft... so I can get excited about our newest Broncos and come here to listen to people complain that it's the worst draft in the history of mankind because it didn't match their mock.

Florida_Bronco
12-08-2009, 12:07 AM
Anywhere between 10-20 will be phenomenal, considering we're coming off of a nice season. Totally agree.

Can't wait for the draft... so I can get excited about our newest Broncos and come here to listen to people complain that it's the worst draft in the history of mankind because it didn't match their mock.

Hopefully a playoff appearance will further weed out the Cutler widows.

BroncoMan4ever
12-08-2009, 12:24 AM
http://www.gbnreport.com/weeklydraftorder.html

Still 10th, the pick to Seattle is the 27th.

i really wonder how pissed off Seattle is about our pick. they demanded the 1st we gave them be ours and not Chicago's, which is so funny

watermock
12-08-2009, 12:37 AM
Does that mean we can give Smith and Quinn back too?

Trading our own pick worked out, I guess, but it would of been logical to have all both, in 2 different spots, in a stronger draft?

UberBroncoMan
12-08-2009, 02:50 AM
Does that mean we can give Smith and Quinn back too?

Trading our own pick worked out, I guess, but it would of been logical to have all both, in 2 different spots, in a stronger draft?

I still hate the Smith trade myself considering how insane and deep the 2010 draft class is supposed to be.

A 5'9 corner who's not very fast in an era of massive receivers just doesn't sit on me well. If he was fast as hell I'd probably be ok. I just never thought his positive skills from college would translate as well to the NFL as his weaknesses would.

We drafted him because he's smart (the kid really is intelligent) and he had good ball skills in college. But those were largely college only QB's and WR in the ACC he was facing every week. We also probably took him because we figured... take a pick a year early ='s a year more experience which a rookie in 2010 wouldn't have.

Still... would have been happier with 2 1st rounders and 1 2nd rounder in 2010 and no Smith.

UberBroncoMan
12-08-2009, 02:52 AM
i really wonder how pissed off Seattle is about our pick. they demanded the 1st we gave them be ours and not Chicago's, which is so funny

They're probably slapping themselves in the face, but to be honest it was still a great trade for them. They moved up spots in an amazing draft class.

Look at San Francisco right now... they're in the $$$... not in the top 10 but right there some insane talent is... WITH TWO PICKS.

Chicago is so ****ed unless they make a killing in FA/late rounds of the draft.

WolfpackGuy
12-08-2009, 06:00 AM
Does that mean we can give Smith and Quinn back too? Trading our own pick worked out, I guess, but it would of been logical to have all both, in 2 different spots, in a stronger draft?

Easy now.

Quinn blocked a pass off a fake punt, and Smith had two (maybe three) penalties on Sunday!

LOL

cutthemdown
12-08-2009, 06:03 AM
We may not have had enough money for 2 first round picks, Orton, Doom, Marshall, Kuper. That would be logical wouldn't it?

Bronco Yoda
12-08-2009, 06:37 AM
LMAO
http://www.seahawkshuddle.com/v1/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=601&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=denver+broncos+draft+pick&start=10

oubronco
12-08-2009, 07:27 AM

**** that I want top 5

misturanderson
12-08-2009, 07:34 AM
I still hate the Smith trade myself considering how insane and deep the 2010 draft class is supposed to be.

The thing is, this draft class is ultra-weak at cornerback compared to last years and we may need to take a corner again this year as it is, due to how old our starters and depth other than Alphonso are.

fontaine
12-08-2009, 07:38 AM
Easy now.

Quinn blocked a pass off a fake punt, and Smith had two (maybe three) penalties on Sunday!

LOL

Yeah seriously. WTF was that about? Smith had like 3 penalties in two minutes of football when he comes off the bench for an ancient CB we picked off the street?

Wasn't this guy supposed to be the best CB in the draft? I hope the guy doesn't get any where near the field against Indy.

Flashbacks of Roc Alexander come to mind.

SpringStein
12-08-2009, 07:46 AM
**** that I want top 5

1 Cleveland 1-11.531
2 St. Louis 1-11 .547
3 Tampa Bay 1-11 .563
4 Detroit 2-10 .531
5 Washington 3-9 .505
6 Kansas City 3-9 .526
7 Buffalo 4-8 .495
8 Oakland 4-8 .516
9 Seattle 5-7 .474
10 Denver (from Chicago) 5-7

Even if Chicago loses out, I don't see us moving up more than one or two spots. On the flip side, I also don't see us moving down much.

oubronco
12-08-2009, 07:55 AM
1 Cleveland 1-11.531
2 St. Louis 1-11 .547
3 Tampa Bay 1-11 .563
4 Detroit 2-10 .531
5 Washington 3-9 .505
6 Kansas City 3-9 .526
7 Buffalo 4-8 .495
8 Oakland 4-8 .516
9 Seattle 5-7 .474
10 Denver (from Chicago) 5-7

Even if Chicago loses out, I don't see us moving up more than one or two spots. On the flip side, I also don't see us moving down much.

I still want top 5 although I know it won't happen this draft is going to be loaded with what they keep saying there will be a rookie cap the year after I can see alot of guys coming out this year

outdoor_miner
12-08-2009, 08:01 AM
Yeah seriously. WTF was that about? Smith had like 3 penalties in two minutes of football when he comes off the bench for an ancient CB we picked off the street?

Wasn't this guy supposed to be the best CB in the draft? I hope the guy doesn't get any where near the field against Indy.

Flashbacks of Roc Alexander come to mind.

Not that it matters, but every one of his penalties came on Special Teams. Maybe the guy hates playing on the coverage teams. ;D

outdoor_miner
12-08-2009, 08:04 AM
We may not have had enough money for 2 first round picks, Orton, Doom, Marshall, Kuper. That would be logical wouldn't it?

This is what I think. The trade (as it turns out) was fine for Denver. I think they did not overpay for the actual pick. The success of the actual pick (not the trade) is what remains in question. With that being said - I'm not quite ready to throw a rookie cornerback under the bus...

TheReverend
12-08-2009, 10:41 AM
This is what I think. The trade (as it turns out) was fine for Denver. I think they did not overpay for the actual pick. The success of the actual pick (not the trade) is what remains in question. With that being said - I'm not quite ready to throw a rookie cornerback under the bus...

But you also need to take into consideration that because of labor negotations and the impending rookie cap, every junior with talent and his mother will be coming out for the draft this year.

If a 2nd first is too much money, move down with the pick/and or picks, because this draft is going to be verrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy deep.

vancejohnson82
12-08-2009, 10:45 AM
But you also need to take into consideration that because of labor negotations and the impending rookie cap, every junior with talent and his mother will be coming out for the draft this year.

If a 2nd first is too much money, move down with the pick/and or picks, because this draft is going to be verrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy deep.

so i guess you're still not on board with the Smith pick??

Florida_Bronco
12-08-2009, 11:07 AM

Not at cornerback.

lex
12-08-2009, 11:13 AM
If we end up having a top 8 pick, I wonder if we'll trade it because it costs too much? Id like to end up with Cody or McClain. Im not so sure McClain isnt a top 10 pick now. Ive been seeing him slotted at 10-15 a lot but in recent weeks, I think he may have surged. Being big and fast and a main cog on that defense doesnt hurt and neither did tackling Tebow one on one.

TheReverend
12-08-2009, 11:16 AM
so i guess you're still not on board with the Smith pick??

Smith and Quinn and Bruton I've never been on board with. I love the others though.

2KBack
12-08-2009, 11:18 AM
Jury's out with Smith and Quinn for me right now, but I think Bruton has been a great contributor on special teams.

Florida_Bronco
12-08-2009, 11:20 AM
Smith and Quinn and Bruton I've never been on board with. I love the others though.

How do you feel about Bruton now though? He's been a special teams demon so far.

Doggcow
12-08-2009, 11:25 AM
LMAO
http://www.seahawkshuddle.com/v1/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=601&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=denver+broncos+draft+pick&start=10

I had to stir **** on that one rofl. I live in Seahawk territory and have to listen to those retards every day!

Doggcow
12-08-2009, 11:27 AM
Jury's out with Smith and Quinn for me right now, but I think Bruton has been a great contributor on special teams.

I agree, corners usually have a tough time transitioning to the NFL, give Fonzie a year or two before we put him at full blown bust status. He hasn't been terrible at all anyway. He made a couple stud tackles vs cinci, and some good plays on welker vs NE. He's been injured.

HooptyHoops
12-08-2009, 11:30 AM

Bruton is The Man on Special Teams!!

TheReverend
12-08-2009, 11:55 AM

I'll admit that he's had a few outstanding plays on ST, but I think that's his ceiling. He won't be a ST player that contributes on certain defensive packages, imo.

Florida_Bronco
12-08-2009, 12:13 PM
I'll admit that he's had a few outstanding plays on ST, but I think that's his ceiling. He won't be a ST player that contributes on certain defensive packages, imo.

Curious why you say that. He's been getting some snaps on defense here and there since the season started.

TheReverend
12-08-2009, 12:46 PM
Curious why you say that. He's been getting some snaps on defense here and there since the season started.

Are you thinking of McBath? McBath was a GREAT pick, btw.

Florida_Bronco
12-08-2009, 01:20 PM
Are you thinking of McBath? McBath was a GREAT pick, btw.

No (although I really like McBath too) but we've seen Bruton getting some playing time, however sparingly it is. If I'm not mistaken, they alternated him and Barrett in the "big nickel" packages a few times.

TheReverend
12-08-2009, 01:29 PM
No (although I really like McBath too) but we've seen Bruton getting some playing time, however sparingly it is. If I'm not mistaken, they alternated him and Barrett in the "big nickel" packages a few times.

Considering he doesnt have a single stat line outside of ST, and I personally dont recall ever seeing him on the field outside of ST, I'm pretty sure you are mistaken.

Florida_Bronco
12-08-2009, 01:35 PM
Considering he doesnt have a single stat line outside of ST, and I personally dont recall ever seeing him on the field outside of ST, I'm pretty sure you are mistaken.

It's possible, but like I side it was only a few plays here and there I recall seeing him out there.

Anyways, if I'm correct that's probably a good sign that the team considers him more than just a special teams player. We'll see what happens though.

BroncoMan4ever
12-08-2009, 02:01 PM
If we end up having a top 8 pick, I wonder if we'll trade it because it costs too much? Id like to end up with Cody or McClain. Im not so sure McClain isnt a top 10 pick now. Ive been seeing him slotted at 10-15 a lot but in recent weeks, I think he may have surged. Being big and fast and a main cog on that defense doesnt hurt and neither did tackling Tebow one on one.

if we end up top 10 in this draft, i think that it is basically guaranteed that we will trade down. not because of cost, but simply so we can pick up extra picks. we are vastly improved over last season and the years prior, but we still have a lot of work to do before we are a legit contender. we are getting there but still have a lot of holes to fill. i think that until we are only a player or 2 away from being a super bowl team, we will see the franchise wheeling and dealing for more picks or players on draft day.

also, with Clausen, Tebow, Bradford, Locker, Sneed, all coming out and practically all of them having grades a 1st round picks, with a top 10 pick, we can really fleece a QB needy team into overpaying for our pick.

Breaker
12-08-2009, 02:03 PM

.... whereas I already have run his ass over with said truck. Even if you agree that it was a good idea to trade a 1st for a 2cnd, which we all know was an epic fail, at least take Rey Rey and then we have another hole that is filled on the defensive side of the ball.

Rulon Velvet Jones
12-08-2009, 02:05 PM
A number of mocks have Rolando McClain at this point.

snowspot66
.... whereas I already have run his ass over with said truck. Even if you agree that it was a good idea to trade a 1st for a 2cnd, which we all know was an epic fail, at least take Rey Rey and then we have another hole that is filled on the defensive side of the ball.

The end difference between the picks will be about 8 to 10 slots. Maybe less. McDaniels knew exactly what he was doing.

Mr.Meanie

???

lex
12-08-2009, 02:22 PM
if we end up top 10 in this draft, i think that it is basically guaranteed that we will trade down. not because of cost, but simply so we can pick up extra picks. we are vastly improved over last season and the years prior, but we still have a lot of work to do before we are a legit contender. we are getting there but still have a lot of holes to fill. i think that until we are only a player or 2 away from being a super bowl team, we will see the franchise wheeling and dealing for more picks or players on draft day.

also, with Clausen, Tebow, Bradford, Locker, Sneed, all coming out and practically all of them having grades a 1st round picks, with a top 10 pick, we can really fleece a QB needy team into overpaying for our pick.

Extra picks. Yeah. Sure. Right. Glop, glop,....

bronco militia
12-08-2009, 02:32 PM
trade down, or grab a QB

elpasojoe
12-08-2009, 06:01 PM
Consider this: if Chicago contiues to lose we may sneek into the top ten, where we haven't had a pick in some 15 or more years. I like a Rolando McClain type player in that spot. But I believe that many of the first picks will go for QBs (St. Louis, Cleveland, Washington and Jax) Suh of Neb. may take a fall and we trade up to take him ala Cutler. He's a monster that may actually fall because so many people will be looking at QBS. I say take him.

mattob14
12-08-2009, 06:35 PM
Consider this: if Chicago contiues to lose we may sneek into the top ten, where we haven't had a pick in some 15 or more years. I like a Rolando McClain type player in that spot. But I believe that many of the first picks will go for QBs (St. Louis, Cleveland, Washington and Jax) Suh of Neb. may take a fall and we trade up to take him ala Cutler. He's a monster that may actually fall because so many people will be looking at QBS. I say take him.

No way he falls past #3, depending on how the top picks shake out. TB and Det addressed QB last year in round 1 and would probably both jump on Suh. I'm not sure Cleveland wants to make another investment in a QB either. The only players I could potentially see ahead of Suh at this point are Locker and Clausen.

mattob14
12-08-2009, 06:42 PM

For me, it would depend on McClain's availability. If he's there, grab him. If not, sure, grab some extra picks and fill out that D, maybe add a WR. Looking only at the value chart, #10 would be worth Denver's own 1st, Seattle's #2 and another pick/player. I wouldn't mind that. Pick up Dan Williams and Jared Odrick with the Seattle picks to fill out that D-line with young talent, then look at interior OL, WR, CB, maybe QB with the next few picks.

2KBack
12-08-2009, 07:03 PM

considering our special teams recent history, I would actually be okay with that. He may be a decent reserve safety, probably playing close to the line, eventually as well.

lex
12-08-2009, 07:27 PM
Heres an interesting site that looks at the average draft position in mock drafts.

http://draftdebacled.com/DraftProspects.aspx

SoDak Bronco
12-08-2009, 07:34 PM
I bet Chicago wishes they had this pick to take a QB

OrangeCrush2724
12-08-2009, 07:35 PM
No way he falls past #3, depending on how the top picks shake out. TB and Det addressed QB last year in round 1 and would probably both jump on Suh. I'm not sure Cleveland wants to make another investment in a QB either. The only players I could potentially see ahead of Suh at this point are Locker and Clausen.

What he said.

lex
12-08-2009, 07:37 PM
What he said.

Eric Berry is also very good. It seems like Suh makes the most sense but Berry is someone they might like.

SoDak Bronco
12-08-2009, 07:41 PM
Kiper said Suh is the best defensive player hes rated in the past 35 years

SoDak Bronco
12-08-2009, 07:43 PM
I think Tyson Jackson would have gone 20-30th in this draft class

epicSocialism4tw
12-08-2009, 10:35 PM
Not at cornerback.

LOL

...and that matters?

At this point, only dogmatic whiners like yourself would try to defend such a ridiculous trade.

TheReverend
12-08-2009, 11:51 PM
considering our special teams recent history, I would actually be okay with that. He may be a decent reserve safety, probably playing close to the line, eventually as well.

Honestly, I think that's been blown out of proportion as well. He's had a couple highlight reel stops and then a handful of solid plays, and nothing else.

He's a gunner with 4.3 speed. He SHOULD be there as the returner makes the catch... 7 solo tackles 12 games into the season isn't that hot. Guarantee guys like Woodyard and Larsen are making significantly larger ST impacts.

bpc
12-09-2009, 12:02 AM
Derrick Morgan - DE/OLB - G-Tech

Get somebody who can play opposite Elvis and we will be very difficult to handle defensively.

Popps
12-09-2009, 12:42 AM
I think Tyson Jackson would have gone 20-30th in this draft class

That's great news, if so.

DBroncos4life
12-09-2009, 01:14 AM
I just hope that KC doesn't go with another Bo Pelini coached player on the D-line. You would think that the Rams and Skins would be the the most likely teams to pick a QB in the top ten. I couldn't imagine Suh getting past the Lions or the Bucs. The Browns have so many problems, they could use Suh but I wouldn't be shocked if they drafted Bryant. Even if the Bears lose out I don't see us being in any position to get Suh without trading for him, which I hope we do :)

SpringStein
12-09-2009, 07:13 AM
Eric Berry is also very good. It seems like Suh makes the most sense but Berry is someone they might like.

Berry is the #1 impact player in this draft. Hopefully he doesn't end up in KC.

gtown
12-09-2009, 07:34 AM
Derrick Morgan - DE/OLB - G-Tech

Get somebody who can play opposite Elvis and we will be very difficult to handle defensively.

Morgan is great, as is Hughes from TCU.

vancejohnson82
12-09-2009, 07:39 AM
I would love to get Morgan from G-Tech....i think he's exactly what we need

could you imagine another good pass rusher with this defense? Nolan would have these guys all over the QB....Suh is nice, but he's more of a run plugger DT type guy....Morgan would really give us two great bookends with Doom

lex
12-09-2009, 08:06 AM
I would love to get Morgan from G-Tech....i think he's exactly what we need

could you imagine another good pass rusher with this defense? Nolan would have these guys all over the QB....Suh is nice, but he's more of a run plugger DT type guy....Morgan would really give us two great bookends with Doom

We drafted Ayers in the first last year. And whats wrong with stopping the run?

vancejohnson82
12-09-2009, 08:14 AM
We drafted Ayers in the first last year. And whats wrong with stopping the run?

Ayers was NEVER said to be a great edge pass rusher...he's a guy that has great lateral quickness, can chase down plays and stand up at the point of attack

so, Coleman would actually fill a different void...in my opinion

bpc
12-09-2009, 10:15 AM
I think Ayers skills are best served on the defensive line. He's more of a bull rusher than straight speed rusher off the edge. He's stout enough to hold the LOS at a DE/DT, but quick enough to give us a great advantage on the interior.

Morgan has multiple abilities, pass rushing just being his best attribute. He has perfect size to sit at OLB in the 3-4, at 6'4", 272lbs. He also has some of the best hands this draft, to get seperation and shed blockers, is adept at stopping the run, as well as the pass and has fluid hips where he can turn and run in coverage. He has a great pass rushing lean and you can just tell he understands the nuances of rushing the passer.

The thing i like best about him though, besides being a great player, he's been a team captain from high school all the way through college.

I really have QB #1 on my list of things to improve about this team but we have to go BPA and I don't think adding another multi-talented pass rusher is a bad thing. Morgan can also play DE if we flip to a 4-3. Scheme diverse is great!

If we get a guy like Morgan, Elvis, Ayers and a few others going, we're going to be able to bring a lot of heat, from a lot of different angles and offenses are going to have a tough time adjusting.

I'm just hoping that the Bears keep losing because Morgan is really starting to gain momentum up the charts.