PDA

View Full Version : PFT : Chiefs bench Cassel in 44-13 loss

Bronco Rob
12-06-2009, 04:17 PM
Posted by Evan Silva on December 6, 2009 4:38 PM ET

The Chiefs traded a second-round pick for Matt Cassel and signed him to a $63 million contract to be their quarterback of the future, but the move isn't paying off.

They admitted the mistake, temporarily, by benching Cassel late in the third quarter of Sunday's 44-13 stomping at the hands of Denver. Brodie Croyle wrapped up the game.

Cassel finished 10-of-29 for a pathetic 84 yards and two interceptions. Croyle wasn't much better, completing 6-of-14 passes for 50 yards.

The Chiefs are now 3-9.

Denver, on a two-game win streak after dropping four straight, improved to 8-4. Aided by a dominant rushing performance, the Broncos got 214 combined yards and two touchdowns from Knowshon Moreno and Correll Buckhalter.

The Broncos visit the Colts at Lucas Oil Stadium next.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/06/chiefs-bench-cassel-in-44-13-loss/

Ha!

Archer81
12-06-2009, 04:18 PM
At one point Cassel had a 3 QB rating...I didnt think that was possible until today.

:Broncos:

TheReverend
12-06-2009, 04:30 PM
At one point Cassel had a 3 QB rating...I didnt think that was possible until today.

Eli Manning's first NFL action saw a 0 QB rating.

OBF1
12-06-2009, 04:35 PM
Bottom line, chiefs are bottom feeders and that makes me a happy fan.

cutthemdown
12-06-2009, 04:36 PM

Mr Blutowski ...........0.0

cutthemdown
12-06-2009, 04:37 PM
The blunder of signing cassel could really hinder any chance of KC rebuilding the team.

Who knows though maybe it is just the oline and Bowe being suspended, Gonzo gone etc. But he sure doesn't look he's going to be very good.

rastaman
12-06-2009, 04:38 PM

Cassel is a prime example that SYTEMS can make or break a QB. Cassel has found out that a NE QB System is a lot different than a new KC system with a new coach.

Archer81
12-06-2009, 04:38 PM

Hey, a silver lining for Matt Cassel.

KCStud
12-06-2009, 04:39 PM
The blunder of signing cassel could really hinder any chance of KC rebuilding the team.

Who knows though maybe it is just the oline and Bowe being suspended, Gonzo gone etc. But he sure doesn't look he's going to be very good.

Well there were 9 dropped passes today and Dumervile ran free all game long. That could have something to do with it

rastaman
12-06-2009, 04:41 PM

Cassel would have been much more efficient had he played in the same system he played in NE or under the guidance of McD.

Can't help but to think now, that Cassel was sure wishing McDaniels could have made the trade happen for Cutler and becoming the starter here in Denver.

Bronco Rob
12-06-2009, 05:22 PM
8')

tsiguy96
12-06-2009, 05:23 PM
Well there were 9 dropped passes today and Dumervile ran free all game long. That could have something to do with it

yea they did drop a TON of passes that hit them in the hands, that was pretty sad...

fontaine
12-06-2009, 05:25 PM
Who gives a crap about Cassell? He's sucking ass in a team going backwards.

NYBronco
12-06-2009, 05:34 PM
yea they did drop a TON of passes that hit them in the hands, that was pretty sad...

In all fairness Cassel seems to be having a parallel run with the chiefs as Cutler is with the Bears. Except the Bears are a little better but not by much as today's win vs. the Rams would indicate.

I was sad to see Scheffler drop the one pass from Orton in the third quarter that would have moved the chains on a third and long.

Broncoman13
12-06-2009, 06:08 PM
I wonder if the Chefs would take a 3rd for Cassel? I'd still do that deal. Brandon Marshall, Eddie Royal, Tony Scheffler, Daniel Graham, and all of our backs can all catch which immediately makes him a better player in Denver! LOL

broncosteven
12-06-2009, 06:41 PM

Even the RB's were dropping the ball today, only they were on rushes!

Ray Charles needs to watch the ball into his hands on handoffs.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
12-06-2009, 08:47 PM
Posted by Evan Silva on December 6, 2009 4:38 PM ET

The Chiefs traded a second-round pick for Matt Cassel and signed him to a $63 million contract to be their quarterback of the future, but the move isn't paying off.

They admitted the mistake, temporarily, by benching Cassel late in the third quarter of Sunday's 44-13 stomping at the hands of Denver. Brodie Croyle wrapped up the game.

Cassel finished 10-of-29 for a pathetic 84 yards and two interceptions. Croyle wasn't much better, completing 6-of-14 passes for 50 yards.

The Chiefs are now 3-9.

Denver, on a two-game win streak after dropping four straight, improved to 8-4. Aided by a dominant rushing performance, the Broncos got 214 combined yards and two touchdowns from Knowshon Moreno and Correll Buckhalter.

The Broncos visit the Colts at Lucas Oil Stadium next.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/06/chiefs-bench-cassel-in-44-13-loss/

Ha!

Ha ha ha! Ha!

I'm lovin' it! :thumbsup:

cutthemdown
12-06-2009, 09:06 PM

It could be I agree. The thing is though how long can a QB rot before it ruins him?

If Albert isn't a stud on the oline then who is? And if its that bad how long to rebuild it? Cassel was running for his life out there.

Bronco Rob
12-08-2009, 03:36 AM
:thumbs: