PDA

View Full Version : Ravens purple kool-aid

Gort
12-06-2009, 08:22 AM
just checked out a Ravens site. most are convinced that the Ravens will get a WC spot. the reason? most think Denver is a sure bet to finish at 9-7 and they have the tie breaker over us. not to start another thread about the Broncos not being respected by anybody outside of Denver, but the Broncos are not respected by anybody outside of Denver! ;)

ps - i hate Ravens fans. they're not the same as Baltimore Colts fans used to be. most old Colts fans just stopped watching the NFL. they didn't become Ravens fans.

houghtam
12-06-2009, 08:43 AM
Speaking about the ones I know, a lot of them were Browns fans with no ties to the city if Cleveland (lucky them, Cleveland's a sh!thole!).

If the Broncos ever moved from Denver and changed their name to the Coyotes, I'd still follow them, even if another team popped back up in Denver calling themselves the Broncos.

Pick Six
12-07-2009, 03:53 PM
I don't blame them for being optimistic. We need to complete the sweep of Oakland and KC, which is always hard to do...

cmhargrove
12-07-2009, 03:54 PM
Go Packers!

Just sayin'...

Mogulseeker
12-07-2009, 03:55 PM
Speaking about the ones I know, a lot of them were Browns fans with no ties to the city if Cleveland (lucky them, Cleveland's a ****hole!).

If the Broncos ever moved from Denver and changed their name to the Coyotes, I'd still follow them, even if another team popped back up in Denver calling themselves the Broncos.

Baltimore is a ****hole, too.

Bronco LB52
12-07-2009, 03:55 PM
Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow!

Freeze to death, Rat bird scum!

Ambiguous
12-07-2009, 03:56 PM
Go Packers!

Just sayin'...

Pretty much...

F the Ravens.

Hogan11
12-07-2009, 03:58 PM
Baltimore is a ****hole, too.

Unless you're into heroin, it's much worse than Cleveland.

Ambiguous
12-07-2009, 04:00 PM
Speaking about the ones I know, a lot of them were Browns fans with no ties to the city if Cleveland (lucky them, Cleveland's a ****hole!).

Interesting... can't say I'd do the same. I have no idea what I would end up doing really, but if the Broncos came back I would definitely root for them. I mean what would you be so tied to? The current team has almost nothing to do with what it was in say, 2005.

That said, I'll stay on topic. Go Pack, F the Ravens.

SonOfLe-loLang
12-07-2009, 04:02 PM

I had this conversation recently with a friend of mine and I had no clue how I'd react. If the broncos moved to LA and called themselves the waves, but then the denver broncos showed up 2 years later again as if they never left, who would I root for? There's a chance I'd be a "waves" fan, but there also might be a chance I'd just become a general football fan and not have a team. Not sure if i'd pick the broncos up 2 years later.

Hogan11
12-07-2009, 04:08 PM
Interesting... can't say I'd do the same. I have no idea what I would end up doing really, but if the Broncos came back I would definitely root for them. I mean what would you be so tied to?

As a previous victim of pro sports relocation, I saw it as once they left the city behind, they left me behind as well. Others have used identity as a measure. I.E. if the team moves from a city, changes it's name/colors/whatever and erases all traces or mentions of it's past, then you're not considered dishonorable in moving your loyality onto another team
because it's not the same entity that you fell in love with as a kid and supported for years.

Your fan loyality should always be till death or relocation do you part, anything else is just bandwagon shirkdom. I know many do not agree with me on that but that's how I see it anyways.

houghtam
12-07-2009, 04:36 PM
As a previous victim of pro sports relocation, I saw it as once they left the city behind, they left me behind as well. Others have used identity as a measure. I.E. if the team moves from a city, changes it's name/colors/whatever and erases all traces or mentions of it's past, then you're not considered dishonorable in moving your loyality onto another team
because it's not the same entity that you fell in love with as a kid and supported for years.

Your fan loyality should always be till death or relocation do you part, anything else is just bandwagon shirkdom. I know many do not agree with me on that but that's how I see it anyways.

I would agree with you, if I lived in Denver. But since I grew up in Lansing and now live in Atlanta, I've got no ties to the city of Denver. If the Broncos left and still kept the same staff, players, etc., they'd still by my team. The expansion Denver Broncos would be dead to me, even if they kept all the original teams' records and everything like the Browns did (which I think is crap, by the way).

enjolras
12-07-2009, 04:43 PM

Interesting. My allegiance would switch that day. I'm a fan of my city, not the team (per se).

Kaylore
12-07-2009, 04:57 PM
I would agree with you, if I lived in Denver. But since I grew up in Lansing and now live in Atlanta, I've got no ties to the city of Denver. If the Broncos left and still kept the same staff, players, etc., they'd still by my team. The expansion Denver Broncos would be dead to me, even if they kept all the original teams' records and everything like the Browns did (which I think is crap, by the way).

So your allegiance is to the players? Because those change every year...

Bronco LB52
12-07-2009, 05:01 PM
The Broncos are a religion in the Rocky Mountain region. They will never move.

SJ Bronco
12-07-2009, 05:07 PM
Packers are playing good ball right now....jus' sayin'

UberBroncoMan
12-07-2009, 05:44 PM
just checked out a Ravens site. most are convinced that the Ravens will get a WC spot. the reason? most think Denver is a sure bet to finish at 9-7 and they have the tie breaker over us. not to start another thread about the Broncos not being respected by anybody outside of Denver, but the Broncos are not respected by anybody outside of Denver! ;)

ps - i hate Ravens fans. they're not the same as Baltimore Colts fans used to be. most old Colts fans just stopped watching the NFL. they didn't become Ravens fans.

If we finish 1-3 with KC/Oakland at home still on the board then we deserve to miss the playoffs... is that likely? No. I see us 10-6 ... MAYBE... 11-5... but Philly will be playing us for a playoff spot at home when we get there the way that division is shaping up.

oubronco
12-07-2009, 06:25 PM
Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow!

Freeze to death, Rat bird scum!

Amen Mother****ing Brotha ;D

houghtam
12-07-2009, 06:52 PM
So your allegiance is to the players? Because those change every year...

No, to the organization. That's from the owner on down. I'd be singing a different tune if I were raised a Lions fan like most people from MI. But things as they are, the city makes no difference to me.

No1BroncoFan
12-07-2009, 07:27 PM

I gotta agree with Hogan. I'm not just a Broncos fan, I'm a Denver Broncos fan.

SJ Bronco
12-07-2009, 07:30 PM
I love city relocation. i mean can you imagine if the Fade had never left oakland? I might have been a fade fan...crap just thinking it makes me want to PUKE!

LongDongJohnson
12-07-2009, 08:25 PM
everyones worried about the steelers and ravens having the tie breaker over us.

well
steelers already sh*t the bed yesterday. and the Ravens are doing a great job tonight against green bay. their already down 17-0.

i dont see us finishing below 10-6 and one of those teams will finish 9-7....

jaxonville is a bigger threat in my eyes.

houghtam
12-07-2009, 08:44 PM
I gotta agree with Hogan. I'm not just a Broncos fan, I'm a Denver Broncos fan.

Alrighty, let me ask you this hypothetical then. Obviously this would never happen, but bear with me...

Let's say after the 2010 season, the Denver Broncos move to LA and become the LA Waves as someone suggested. This leave Denver without an NFL team. The LA Waves win back to back Super Bowls in 2013 and 2014. In 2015, Denver gets a new expansion team, and names it the Denver Broncos. Do you go back to being a fan of the Denver Broncos, after spending 5 years without a team in Denver?

Dr. Broncenstein
12-07-2009, 08:46 PM

well
steelers already sh*t the bed yesterday. and the Ravens are doing a great job tonight against green bay. their already down 17-0.

Jax would have to win 4 games to guarantee the sixth seed at this point. Their remaining schedule includes NE, Indy, Miami, and Cle. Two of those teams are fighting for their playoff lives. Indy may still need a win to secure the one seed if we can pull out a miracle this week. Either way, that's going to be awful tough sledding for Jax. Honestly, I don't see Jax getting more than two wins over this stretch. We are in complete control of our destiny after tonight. Two wins most likely does it.... three wins is the magic number as it stands.

broncocalijohn
12-07-2009, 08:51 PM
I had this conversation recently with a friend of mine and I had no clue how I'd react. If the broncos moved to LA and called themselves the waves, but then the denver broncos showed up 2 years later again as if they never left, who would I root for? There's a chance I'd be a "waves" fan, but there also might be a chance I'd just become a general football fan and not have a team. Not sure if i'd pick the broncos up 2 years later.

Like you, I live outside of the state and would probably still root for them. If they changed their name, identity ie. colors, I might not see the same team even though the players, coaches and owner would be the same. The fans would be different and I would have 11 jerseys with the wrong colors. Now, if the Broncos went to LA and stayed the same, I would still root for them as they are now in my area. With that said and to stay on topic, F the Ravens. Packers taking it to them.

Ambiguous
12-07-2009, 08:53 PM

well

I ****ing hate Jacksonville. I'd be rooting against them even if they were irrelevent, but now... F them.

Tombstone RJ
12-07-2009, 09:07 PM
Alrighty, let me ask you this hypothetical then. Obviously this would never happen, but bear with me...

Let's say after the 2010 season, the Denver Broncos move to LA and become the LA Waves as someone suggested. This leave Denver without an NFL team. The LA Waves win back to back Super Bowls in 2013 and 2014. In 2015, Denver gets a new expansion team, and names it the Denver Broncos. Do you go back to being a fan of the Denver Broncos, after spending 5 years without a team in Denver?

I'm a fan of the Denver Broncos. If the Denver Broncos became the LA Waves, then they are no longer the Denver Broncos and hence, I am no longer a fan.

If the NFL reinvents the Denver Broncos but with different ownership and managment, then I become a Denver Broncos fan again, like what happened in Cleveland.

LongDongJohnson
12-07-2009, 09:19 PM
Jax would have to win 4 games to guarantee the sixth seed at this point. Their remaining schedule includes NE, Indy, Miami, and Cle. Two of those teams are fighting for their playoff lives. Indy may still need a win to secure the one seed if we can pull out a miracle this week. Either way, that's going to be awful tough sledding for Jax. Honestly, I don't see Jax getting more than two wins over this stretch. We are in complete control of our destiny after tonight. Two wins most likely does it.... three wins is the magic number as it stands.

im pretty sure they play the dolphins and colts at home. the jaguars only lost 1 game at home despite having an average attendence of like 100 people.

i can see them beating the phins. and will the colts have anything to play for if they beat us? Plus that week 1 game between the colts and jags was a 2 point game.

so i dont know... i can see the jags winning 11 games. probably atleast 10.

JCMElway
12-07-2009, 09:32 PM

Uh, no. I am a DENVER fan. Plain and simple. I didn't become a stupid NJ Devils fan when the Rockies left. If the Broncos left Denver they would be dead to me.

And whoever made the decision to move them would have to start watching their back.......

Bronco Yoda
12-07-2009, 09:35 PM
Go Pack!

Gort
12-07-2009, 09:36 PM

it happened to me. i grew up a Baltimore Colts fan. then they were stolen away in the middle of the night by the lying, drunk lawyer who owned them. the Broncos were always my #2 team, but for several years, i didn't follow the NFL much. in part because they rarely showed Broncos games on the east coast, and in part because those years coincided with the end of high school and my college years/grad school years. when i came back to following the Broncos in my mid 20's, i also came back with an extreme hatred for Indianapolis, the Indianapolis Colts (i call them Cowpies), the state of Indiana, and all things related to them. i hate them more than the Raiders.

they took the colors and the horseshoe to Indy and the f*cking NFL let them. that was wrong. they even tried to claim Baltimore's superbowls as their own. the Baltimore HOF players said no way! they didn't want anything to do with the Indy Colts. they became honorary Ravens and were active with the Ravens team. Unitas. Donovan. Moore. Marchetti. Berry. they all stayed true to the city where the played and lived when the Colts were stolen in the middle of the night.

Gort
12-07-2009, 09:39 PM

i'd stick with the Denver team. it's the colors and logo and team history IN DENVER that defines the team. move them to LA and change their name and that all ceases to exist. as far as i'm concerned, the Titans were an expansion team. the Oilers ceased to exist. same thing in your Broncos/Waves hypothetical.

Hogan11
12-07-2009, 10:39 PM

Yes.

Not one Browns fan that I knew (albeit, not many) became a Ravens fan, not one....they're still Browns fans today. Matter of fact, the Ravens have become even more hated to them now than the Steelers....which is saying something.

I can understand that totally because my most hated baseball team now is the Washington Nationals. Some jilted lovers carry life long grudges.

UberBroncoMan
12-07-2009, 10:51 PM
Yes.

Not one Browns fan that I knew (albeit, not many) became a Ravens fan, not one....they're still Browns fans today. Matter of fact, the Ravens have become even more hated to them now than the Steelers....which is saying something.

I can understand that totally because my most hated baseball team now is the Washington Nationals. Some jilted lovers carry life long grudges.

Yeah... anyone who sticks with an organization that abandons them with a big **** you, is a sap imo.

Loyalty is to the city, and the fans within the city. If a team leaves them then they aren't "your" team anymore.

Imagine being the Browns... watch your team leave and then win a Super Bowl while having one of the best defenses in history.

TheDave
12-07-2009, 11:02 PM
I have no idea why, but I have a seriuosly unatural hate for all things Ravens... This just adds to that.

Bronco Yoda
12-07-2009, 11:13 PM
Imagine being the Browns... watch your team leave and then win a Super Bowl while having one of the best defenses in history.

That would have really sucked being a Browns fan then.

Gort
12-08-2009, 12:29 AM
That would have really sucked being a Browns fan then.

but cleveland got to keep the Browns history and uniforms and logos. baltimore didn't. and then ****ty owners like debartolo actively worked to prevent baltimore from getting any of the expansion franchises. i don't have a problem with baltimore opening their arms for modell. but modell did the classy thing and left the browns identity behind. same with the titans. on the other hand, the cardinals, rams, and indianapolis colts took their histories with them. a giant F you to the previous fanbases. that's enough right there to engender real hatred.

ZONA
12-08-2009, 03:33 AM
I wonder how they feel now that they lost to the packers and still have to go to PITT in a few weeks, but then again they have the Lions, Bears and Raiders too. Alot depends on how JAC finishes and then of course their game with the Steelers. If they win that, they could get in.

Gort
12-08-2009, 04:49 AM
I wonder how they feel now that they lost to the packers and still have to go to PITT in a few weeks, but then again they have the Lions, Bears and Raiders too. Alot depends on how JAC finishes and then of course their game with the Steelers. If they win that, they could get in.

their forums are in meltdown. some want Billick back and some think Flacco might be retarded because of his redzone INTs. oh, and they think their WRs and DBs are terrible too. it's pretty funny after all the smack they talked about the Broncos. they're 6-6. the Broncos are 8-4.

but they do have a good nickname for the PIT QB... they call him worthlessburger.

WolfpackGuy
12-08-2009, 05:54 AM
Too funny.

I told those Ravens jerkoffs at the game in November to have a nice offseason.

Bronco Yoda
12-08-2009, 06:24 AM
but cleveland got to keep the Browns history and uniforms and logos. baltimore didn't. and then ****ty owners like debartolo actively worked to prevent baltimore from getting any of the expansion franchises. i don't have a problem with baltimore opening their arms for modell. but modell did the classy thing and left the browns identity behind. same with the titans. on the other hand, the cardinals, rams, and indianapolis colts took their histories with them. a giant F you to the previous fanbases. that's enough right there to engender real hatred.

It was a good thing that the cleveland kept their name. As for Cards & Rams, they have moved before anyway in their past.

cutthemdown
12-08-2009, 06:31 AM
Oakland has beaten us in Denver before even while having a crappy season. They are riding high right now they could be tougher then we expect.

Broncos will have to claw there way into playoffs. I think they are super hungry and motivated and will get it done.

I don't see them talented enough to win it all, but you never know. Sometimes a team like Denver gets in and wins it.