PDA

View Full Version : Two questions....

baja
12-04-2009, 10:24 AM
Where would the Broncos be if Cutler had bought into McDaniel's coaching?

Where would Cutler be if he had bought into Mcd's coaching?

Domostick
12-04-2009, 10:28 AM
Who knows, now we are seeing truly the impact Shanny had on Cutler. Cutler looked 100 times better last year and it's not all because of the talent/scheme issue. Shanny could devise QB friendly plays that really highlighted Cutler's strengths, the 15-20 yard intermediate routes. Specifically those seam patterns attacking the middle of the field that Cutler was really accurate with.

vancejohnson82
12-04-2009, 10:28 AM
i think we would probably have the same record but the offense would obviously have more firepower.....we wouldnt have Moreno I dont think because we would have gone defense with our only first round pick....probably would have picked Orakpo

Cutler would not have bought into the system and eventually would have found his way out...

Archer81
12-04-2009, 10:29 AM
Who knows, now we are seeing truly the impact Shanny had on Cutler. Cutler looked 100 times better last year and it's not all because of the talent/scheme issue. Shanny could devise QB friendly plays that really highlighted Cutler's strengths, the 15-20 yard intermediate routes. Specifically those seam patterns attacking the middle of the field that Cutler was really accurate with.

Shanahan also managed to keep the sulking and bitchy attitude from his QB at a minimum.

:Broncos:

Greatspirits
12-04-2009, 10:30 AM
We would be no better than .500 or worse. McD would be pulling his hair out due to all of Cutler's boneheaded mistakes. The guy is a LOSER!

Domostick
12-04-2009, 10:33 AM
I don't think so. McD's QB's have never had a lot of turnovers, I really think McD could have really helped him, where Shannahan couldn't. I don't think Shannahan had the balls to tell anything to Cutler when he made a mistake.

jhns
12-04-2009, 10:34 AM

Don't know.

Don't know.

Keeping Cutler would change the rest of the offseason. We wouldn't have the same roster rig now. So who knows if other problems are fixed if he stayed. I think we would have a better QB than what we currently have. That doesn't equal wins though. This is a team sport after all. A lot here don't understand that part.

As for Cutler, he would obviously be better off here this season. He was getting better with Shanahan. He is getting worse with Chicago and their lack of offensive coaches. I'm sure McDaniels would be helping him get better and continue his developement.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-04-2009, 10:42 AM
Don't know.

Don't know.

Keeping Cutler would change the rest of the offseason. We wouldn't have the same roster rig now. So who knows if other problems are fixed if he stayed. I think we would have a better QB than what we currently have. That doesn't equal wins though. This is a team sport after all. A lot here don't understand that part.

As for Cutler, he would obviously be better off here this season. He was getting better with Shanahan. He is getting worse with Chicago and their lack of offensive coaches. I'm sure McDaniels would be helping him get better and continue his developement.

Wow, I remember you from the Broncos Message Board, and I am a little surprised to see you post this. I am not trying to be contentious in any way, but merely making an observation.

So, you have had a change of heart then?

jhns
12-04-2009, 10:56 AM
So, you have had a change of heart then?

In what way? Do I think the trade was smart? No. do I think either side handled it well? No. These thoughts are the same from the offseason. I think everything I cried about in the offseason, in regards to the offense, has happened. The offense got worse this year and I think it would be a lot better with Cutler.

Now my thoughts on McDaniels, his leadership, and his ability to build a team have changed a lot. This defense is far better than anything I could have even hoped for. He also has won a lot of games. I have always said if he could improve on our record from last year, he is a success this season. So far, it seems that he is going to easily get 9 wins. I still don't like some of the offseason moves (like trading a future first), but now when I talk about that stuff it is just for something to talk about. This offseason, when I complained about this stuff, I wanted him fired for it.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-04-2009, 11:00 AM
In what way? Do I think the trade was smart? No. do I think either side handled it well? No. These thoughts are the same from the offseason. I think everything I cried about in the offseason, in regards to the offense, has happened. The offense got worse this year and I think it would be a lot better with Cutler.

Now my thoughts on McDaniels, his leadership, and his ability to build a team have changed a lot. This defense is far better than anything I could have even hoped for. He also has won a lot of games. I have always said if he could improve on our record from last year, he is a success this season. So far, it seems that he is going to easily get 9 wins. I still don't like some of the offseason moves (like trading a future first), but now when I talk about that stuff it is just for something to talk about. This offseason, when I complained about this stuff, I wanted him fired for it.

I respect that...........

I don't necessarily agree that we would be better offensively, but that is all highly speculative. You might very well be right. I personally am glad he's gone, but I respect where you are coming from.

BarefootKicker
12-04-2009, 11:14 AM
I don't post all that often. I am more of a Lurker....but, **** Jay Cutler.

OABB
12-04-2009, 11:15 AM
What's all this respectful and intelligent conversation going on here?

GoBroncos DownUnder
12-04-2009, 11:23 AM
After one mother****ing tirade from the headcoach:
Cutler would be crying on the bench.
McDaniels would be portrayed as a failure (by the media), because he can't get as much out of Cutler as Shanny did.

McDaniels WOULD have benched Cutler at least twice this season after he throws multiple picks in a game, and at the moment, we would be .500 at best.
;)

Rabb
12-04-2009, 11:24 AM
I honestly think the situation would have blown up eventually in any case...Jay is a stubborn prick and so is McDaniels

I think Jay needs McD more than McD needs him to be perfectly honest

Paladin
12-04-2009, 01:05 PM
..... This offseason, when I complained about this stuff, I wanted him fired for it.

And your opinions ended up counting for shyte, right?

Do you think there is a reason for that?

NYBronco
12-04-2009, 01:14 PM
I don't believe the Broncos or McDaniels would be 7 and 4 right now. I believe we would have more of the L's then the coveted W's.

It would take time for McD to get Jay and his Dad to believe in his system, similar to what is happening in Chicago right now. Jay seems to just now begin to understand what leadership requires of him.

jhns
12-04-2009, 01:14 PM
And your opinions ended up counting for shyte, right?

Do you think there is a reason for that?

Wait, what? So we shouldn't discuss things and give our opinions in fear of being wrong? Are you saying you really know football like an NFL coach, so your opinions are acceptable? I'm not sure I follow.

I will always call it like I see it. If I am wrong, it won't be the first time. As long as others don't turn it into a pissing match, I will always give reasons and respect other opinions. That doesn't happen much on Bronco message boards though.

KS Bronco
12-04-2009, 02:03 PM
After one mother****ing tirade from the headcoach:
Cutler would be crying on the bench.
McDaniels would be portrayed as a failure (by the media), because he can't get as much out of Cutler as Shanny did.

McDaniels WOULD have benched Cutler at least twice this season after he throws multiple picks in a game, and at the moment, we would be .500 at best.
;)

a VERY interesting point. i wonder if mcd was more apt to trade his qb knowing he was in a no-win situation: if cutler did great it wouldnt be because of coaching; if cutler did poorly, it would fall squarely on coaching.

Bronco Boy
12-04-2009, 02:25 PM
They'd both be in Denver most of the time. This weekend they would be in Kansas City.

ak1971
12-04-2009, 02:26 PM

Answers: Yes, you are gay.
No I wont blow you

Mogulseeker
12-04-2009, 02:46 PM
I don't know, I'm just glad someone FINALY started a Jay Cutler thread.

oubronco
12-04-2009, 03:07 PM
Mother****ing Superbowl Baby

baja
12-04-2009, 05:29 PM
I though the thread had potential, maybe it still does....