PDA

View Full Version : General Baseball Thread 2010

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

phillybroncosnut
10-13-2010, 05:54 PM
Good call on how the Giants\Braves Series played out Philly! You were on point.

Here is to an exciting NLCS.

Let me know if you want to bet a local sixer on the Series for fun. Would happily send you a six-pack of Abita Beer if the Giants go down to your Phils.

I'm done.... We have Yuengling around here.

SouthStndJunkie
10-15-2010, 06:42 PM
I'm rooting for the Rangers to win the World Series.

SouthStndJunkie
10-22-2010, 09:13 PM
Props to the Rangers....on to the World Series.

gunns
10-23-2010, 12:15 AM
Props to the Rangers for eliminating the Yankees. Hallelujah! At this point I don't care anymore. I guess it'd be nice for the Rangers win, having never done so. But rooting for a Texas team was difficult enough getting through the Yankees. Don't know if I can continue with that farce.

SouthStndJunkie
10-23-2010, 09:27 PM
Let's go Giants....seal the deal.

SouthStndJunkie
10-23-2010, 09:39 PM
Good call of strike three on Ryan Howard....you have to swing in that situation.

SouthStndJunkie
10-23-2010, 09:40 PM
Props to the Giants....National League Champions.

TonyR
10-23-2010, 10:03 PM
Love it! If I was a gambling man I would have put huge money on the Phillies to roll in that series. Which is why I'm not a gambling man...

SouthStndJunkie
10-23-2010, 10:05 PM
Yep....going into the playoffs, I thought nobody would beat Philly.

broncocalijohn
10-24-2010, 12:06 AM
I just realized and had to post this before anyone figured it out. Benji Molina, former World Series winner with the Angels, is now with the Rangers. BUT, he was traded from the Giants so therefore he will get a ring and pay from both teams since he was with the Giants at least 66% (% really doesnt matter but players vote on what they should get paid) of the time. Not sure if it ever happened before where a guys is playing his former team in the WS. Sure it has but wonder when.

SouthStndJunkie
10-24-2010, 12:15 AM
I just realized and had to post this before anyone figured it out. Benji Molina, former World Series winner with the Angels, is now with the Rangers. BUT, he was traded from the Giants so therefore he will get a ring and pay from both teams since he was with the Giants at least 66% (% really doesnt matter but players vote on what they should get paid) of the time. Not sure if it ever happened before where a guys is playing his former team in the WS. Sure it has but wonder when.

Nice tidbit of information.

SouthStndJunkie
10-24-2010, 12:25 AM
My Tigers re-signed Brandon Inge to a 2 year deal, with a club option for a 3rd year.

Inge strikes out too much and doesn't hit for average, but he plays good defense and will hit 15 HRs and knock in 70 runs and is a fan favorite. It would have been nice to upgrade the position, but it is a weak year for 3rd baseman in free agency.

Looks like they will bring back Jhonny Peralta and play him at SS. They traded for him during the season and he played well down the stretch. He will bat .260 and hit 20 HRs and drive in 80 runs.

The Tigers need to add another power bat to the lineup. I've heard they are going to go all out and try and sign Adam Dunn in free agency. He strikes out a lot and may only bat .250 or .260, but he will smash 40 HRs and drive in 100+ runs like clockwork.