PDA

View Full Version : General Baseball Thread 2010

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

TonyR
07-09-2010, 07:22 AM
Yanks closing in on Cliff Lee?

The Seattle Mariners are pushing hard to complete a Cliff Lee trade, and the Yankees are closing in on a deal for the left-hander -- but as of Friday morning, there was no agreement in place, sources say, and it's possible another team could step in and make a more aggressive bid.

The Mariners have been talking with the Rays, Twins, Rangers, Reds and other teams, and news that the Yankees were on the verge of getting Lee -- first reported by the New York Post -- could spur one of the other teams to strengthen its offer.

All along, the Yankees have believed no other team matches up better than they would with Seattle in a Lee deal, because they are offering prospect Jesus Montero, who figures to have a long and productive career as a hitter regardless of whether he plays catcher or first base.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/news/story?id=5366254

WABronco
07-09-2010, 07:55 AM
Ya, if Seattle can pry Montero and more....yikes.

cousinal11
07-09-2010, 09:31 AM
Yanks closing in on Cliff Lee?

The Seattle Mariners are pushing hard to complete a Cliff Lee trade, and the Yankees are closing in on a deal for the left-hander -- but as of Friday morning, there was no agreement in place, sources say, and it's possible another team could step in and make a more aggressive bid.

The Mariners have been talking with the Rays, Twins, Rangers, Reds and other teams, and news that the Yankees were on the verge of getting Lee -- first reported by the New York Post -- could spur one of the other teams to strengthen its offer.

All along, the Yankees have believed no other team matches up better than they would with Seattle in a Lee deal, because they are offering prospect Jesus Montero, who figures to have a long and productive career as a hitter regardless of whether he plays catcher or first base.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/news/story?id=5366254

AT least they have to give up a prospect and are not just buying him. F the yankees anyway.

WABronco
07-09-2010, 01:10 PM
Oh my.

So my nerves have just about had it. I've been pining for a mega-prospect in Seattle for ages...please, please don't tell me we passed on a chance to get Montero. There's gotta be something better going down.

TonyR
07-09-2010, 02:54 PM
Rangers get Lee. Yankees reported offer appeared better. Must be more to the story.

SouthStndJunkie
07-09-2010, 03:06 PM
SEATTLE(AP)—Cliff Lee is headed to Texas.

A person familiar with the deal tells The Associated Press that the ace left-hander and reliever Mark Lowe have been traded to the AL West-leading Rangers for first baseman Justin Smoak and three minor leaguers.

SouthStndJunkie
07-09-2010, 03:07 PM
The M's sent Lee and reliever Mark Lowe to Texas for first baseman Justin Smoak and minor leaguers Blake Beavan, Josh Lueke and Matthew Lawson.

WABronco
07-09-2010, 03:10 PM
Nah it's a comparison between the two main pieces...Smoak or Montero. Montero a slugger 1B/DH, or Smoak a sweet-swinging defender at 1B. We could use either...

Man-Goblin
07-10-2010, 09:04 PM
Rockies going for a tie for 1st tomorrow going into the all-star break.

Francis on the hill. He's been struggling big time lately, but hopefully he can bring it.

Hotwheelz
07-10-2010, 09:36 PM
Rockies going for a tie for 1st tomorrow going into the all-star break.

Francis on the hill. He's been struggling big time lately, but hopefully he can bring it.

**** the Rockies. I fart in their general direction.

SouthStndJunkie
07-10-2010, 11:22 PM
I was glad to see Texas get Cliff Lee....I did not want to see him in Minnesota's rotation.

The Tigers have been on a roll and are up 4 games on the Twins....but the White Sox keep winning and are only 1/2 game out of 1st place.

Speaking of the Twins, Joe Mauer is not having a typical Joe Mauer year.

DBruleU
07-13-2010, 01:24 PM
Rox cheating or sour grapes?

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/dailypitch/post/2010/07/broadcaster-jon-miller-says-rockies-need-to-be-watched-for-cheating/1

Broadcaster Jon Miller says Rockies need to be watched for cheating

San Francisco Giants and ESPN broadcaster Jon Miller calls foul-play against the Colorado Rockies.

"There's a feeling that the Rockies are doing something with the humidor-stored baseballs, and sometimes late in games when the Rockies need help, that some non-humidor baseballs slip into the mix. Nobody has been able to prove it."

The remarks on KNBR-AM in San Francisco came the morning after the Rockies rallied and scored nine runs in the bottom of the ninth to beat the St. Louis Cardinals 12-9 on July 6.

"It would be interesting to see what Tony LaRussa has to say about it right now.

"The Giants felt like something was going on when they were there in that regard. To me it's something that baseball needs to address.

"Maybe the Rockies are just doing extremely well but there is some question here and I'd like to see baseball take some action in that regard."

Miller suggest the balls used during games to be stored behind home plate in clear view.

MLB claims to monitor the humidor.

Taco John
07-13-2010, 01:37 PM
Nah it's a comparison between the two main pieces...Smoak or Montero. Montero a slugger 1B/DH, or Smoak a sweet-swinging defender at 1B. We could use either...

I prefer "Smoakton."

TheChamp24
07-13-2010, 03:56 PM

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/dailypitch/post/2010/07/broadcaster-jon-miller-says-rockies-need-to-be-watched-for-cheating/1

San Francisco Giants and ESPN broadcaster Jon Miller calls foul-play against the Colorado Rockies.

"There's a feeling that the Rockies are doing something with the humidor-stored baseballs, and sometimes late in games when the Rockies need help, that some non-humidor baseballs slip into the mix. Nobody has been able to prove it."

The remarks on KNBR-AM in San Francisco came the morning after the Rockies rallied and scored nine runs in the bottom of the ninth to beat the St. Louis Cardinals 12-9 on July 6.

"It would be interesting to see what Tony LaRussa has to say about it right now.

"The Giants felt like something was going on when they were there in that regard. To me it's something that baseball needs to address.

"Maybe the Rockies are just doing extremely well but there is some question here and I'd like to see baseball take some action in that regard."

Miller suggest the balls used during games to be stored behind home plate in clear view.

http://blessingthecrush.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/sour-grapes.jpg

Tombstone RJ
07-13-2010, 05:01 PM

I got a feeling too. My feeling is that SF is complaining a bit too much. Also, does MLB monitor the humidor or not? If they do then there is nothing to investigate. If MLB does not monitor the humidor then they need to so accusations like this don't disrupt the game.

SouthStndJunkie
07-13-2010, 08:50 PM
The National League beat the American League 3-1 for their first win since 1996.

Kaylore
07-13-2010, 09:06 PM
Congrats to the NL on a great win. Proof that great pitching > great hitting.

Hogan11
07-15-2010, 05:30 PM
The All Star Game had it's lowest ratings in history......whadda surprise that is.

TonyR
07-15-2010, 06:19 PM
Congrats to the NL on a great win. Proof that great pitching > great hitting.

Well, I don't about that. What I think was proven is that the AL starting lineup, which is far, far superior to the NL's lineup and it's not even close or debatable, was stifled in the earlier innings by twighlight shadows which gave the pitchers a huge advantage.

SouthStndJunkie
07-17-2010, 12:21 AM
Stephen Strasburg pitched 6 shutout innings today.

In 8 starts, he is 4-2 with a 2.03 ERA.

48.2 innings pitched with 68 Ks and 14 walks....impressive.

I think the Nationals plan on limiting his innings to 160 for the year.

Strasburg has pitched 104 innings in 2010 -- 48 2/3 in eight starts in the majors and 55 1/3 at two levels in the minors.

He probably has 9 starts left this year.

Probably not a bad idea to limit his innings....it would be different if Washington were in a pennant race.

Hotwheelz
07-17-2010, 12:42 AM
The Padres roll over the Dbacks 11-1 and stay atop the NL West.

SouthStndJunkie
07-18-2010, 03:37 PM
The Tigers got their dongs kicked in to the tune of 4 game sweep by The Tribe....not how I wanted to start the second half of the season.

SouthStndJunkie
07-24-2010, 06:05 PM
Magglio Ordonez broke his ankle today and will be out 6-8 weeks.

Earlier in the week, Brandon Inge fractured his hand and will miss 4-6 weeks.

Those injuries will really hurt their chances of winning the division.

I hope they stand pat at the trading deadline....don't trade away young prospects. The Tigers are building for 2011 and beyond, don't get desperate in 2010.

Requiem
07-24-2010, 07:56 PM
Stinks for the Tigers, but helps out the Twinkies a bunch.

And. . . here are my Mariners, struggling again. We can have all the solid arms we want, but if you can't score more than 2 runs a game, it doesn't matter. What dog****.

DBruleU
07-24-2010, 11:16 PM
Magglio Ordonez broke his ankle today and will be out 6-8 weeks.

Earlier in the week, Brandon Inge fractured his hand and will miss 4-6 weeks.

Those injuries will really hurt their chances of winning the division.

I hope they stand pat at the trading deadline....don't trade away young prospects. The Tigers are building for 2011 and beyond, don't get desperate in 2010.

Wow - I'm glad I traded him a few weeks ago in my keeper league. Was able to land CarGo, and Alex Gonzalez for Ordonez and Bourn.

DBruleU
07-24-2010, 11:18 PM
Stinks for the Tigers, but helps out the Twinkies a bunch.

And. . . here are my Mariners, struggling again. We can have all the solid arms we want, but if you can't score more than 2 runs a game, it doesn't matter. What dog****.

I thought Lester was going to have a perfect game until their OF drops the ball, breaks Lesters rhythm, and gives up a 2 run HR. I had a feeling after was dominating tonight that something weird would happen and the M's would win even though Lester was solid. He's on my fantasy team so I have something invested in him.

SouthStndJunkie
07-25-2010, 07:22 PM
ARLINGTON, Texas -- The Los Angeles Angels searched long and hard for a power hitter to help replace Kendry Morales, but wound up landing a front-line starting pitcher.

The Angels acquired Dan Haren from the Arizona Diamondbacks Sunday in exchange for pitcher Joe Saunders, two minor league pitchers and a player to be named.

bombay
07-25-2010, 09:57 PM
http://blogs.riverfronttimes.com/therundown/DIRTY_phpfuZE29.jpg

Left to right, Brendan Ryan and Colby Rasmus of the Cardinals, with some guy.

Yikes.

SouthStndJunkie
07-26-2010, 06:38 PM
Tampa Bay pitcher Matt Garza is no-hitting my Tigers through 8 innings.

SouthStndJunkie
07-26-2010, 06:50 PM
Matt Garza tosses the first no-hitter in the history of the Tampa Bay Rays.

bombay
07-27-2010, 03:08 PM
Rockies apparently shopping Aaron Cook - for sale or trade.

They are sellers already?

bronco militia
07-28-2010, 11:46 AM
http://www.drewlitton.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/28.gif

TheChamp24
07-28-2010, 12:11 PM
To think what, 2 weeks ago we were 2 games back of 1st in the West?
My how fast things can change in a hurry. Just like the Broncos season last year, and now the Rockies season here.

Hogan11
07-28-2010, 12:53 PM
Rockies apparently shopping Aaron Cook - for sale or trade.

They are sellers already?

When the Bucs get done with him tonight, his value will sink even further

Hogan11
07-29-2010, 07:18 AM
That was a pretty sickening sight last night when that line drive went off Ross Ohlendorf's head....amazingly, he appears to be okay, no concussion or damage other than a deep bruise. He's the second Pirates pitcher this season to be struck in the head via a line drive, the first one, Chris Jakubauskas, is still recovering from his 4 months after the fact.

I'd like to think that maybe the Bucs have solved their road woes, but I know the Rox are in free fall mode right now, so.......

BTW, I'm not crazy enough to expect a sweep with Jimenez on the mound today.

SouthStndJunkie
07-29-2010, 02:08 PM
Roy Oswalt officially has accepted his proposed trade to the Philadelphia Phillies.

After considering his options and speaking with friends familiar with the Phillies' situation, including former teammate Brad Lidge, the Houston Astros' staff ace waived his no-trade clause Thursday in order to be dealt for left-handed starter J.A. Happ and two prospects, outfielder Anthony Gose and shortstop Jonathan Villar.

Hogan11
07-29-2010, 03:47 PM
Roy Oswalt officially has accepted his proposed trade to the Philadelphia Phillies.

After considering his options and speaking with friends familiar with the Phillies' situation, including former teammate Brad Lidge, the Houston Astros' staff ace waived his no-trade clause Thursday in order to be dealt for left-handed starter J.A. Happ and two prospects, outfielder Anthony Gose and shortstop Jonathan Villar.

Ends the speculation that he'd pull a Derrek Lee.

Hogan11
07-29-2010, 03:49 PM
Stephen Strasburg pitched 6 shutout innings today.

In 8 starts, he is 4-2 with a 2.03 ERA.

48.2 innings pitched with 68 Ks and 14 walks....impressive.

I think the Nationals plan on limiting his innings to 160 for the year.

Strasburg has pitched 104 innings in 2010 -- 48 2/3 in eight starts in the majors and 55 1/3 at two levels in the minors.

He probably has 9 starts left this year.

Probably not a bad idea to limit his innings....it would be different if Washington were in a pennant race.

He was placed on the 15 day DL with an inflamed shoulder today.

Bob Costas openly wept

WABronco
07-29-2010, 04:12 PM
A couple of awful trades these last few days. Dan Haren at 2.5 years+option year for Joe Saunders and filler? Errrr. Oswalt was obviously more of a difficult piece to move, but still.

bombay
07-29-2010, 05:30 PM

Astros flipped Gose for former Cardinals 1st rounder and current Blue Jay farmhand Brett Wallace. Good stick with no real position.

TheChamp24
07-29-2010, 10:10 PM
Astros flipped Gose for former Cardinals 1st rounder and current Blue Jay farmhand Brett Wallace. Good stick with no real position.

lol at Wallace

Wallace was in the Matt Holliday deal that sent him to the Cards

Then he was involved in the Cliff Lee-Halladay deal

Now he's apart of the Roy Oswalt deal

All within a span of a year basically too.

SouthStndJunkie
07-29-2010, 11:12 PM
MINNEAPOLIS -- In the middle of another tight division race, the Minnesota Twins acquired All-Star closer Matt Capps from the Washington Nationals late Thursday night for prized catching prospect Wilson Ramos and minor league left-hander Joe Testa.

SouthStndJunkie
07-30-2010, 03:32 PM
CHICAGO -- The Chicago White Sox acquired right-handed starter Edwin Jackson from the Arizona Diamondbacks on Friday for righty Daniel Hudson and lefty David Holmberg.

Hogan11
07-30-2010, 03:44 PM
MINNEAPOLIS -- In the middle of another tight division race, the Minnesota Twins acquired All-Star closer Matt Capps from the Washington Nationals late Thursday night for prized catching prospect Wilson Ramos and minor league left-hander Joe Testa.

Stupid move by the Twins....I guess young catchers in their system are fairly expendable because the return WSN got for Capps is just beyond.

bronco militia
07-30-2010, 09:16 PM
lets go cubbies!!

bwhahahaha

bronco militia
07-30-2010, 09:17 PM
Colorado - Bottom of 8th SCORE

Sean Marshall pitching for Chicago CHC COL

S Marshall relieved J Berg. 2 5

C Barmes doubled to deep left. 2 5

M Mora hit for R Betancourt. 2 5

M Mora singled to right, C Barmes to third. 2 5

D Fowler struck out swinging. 2 5

R Spilborghs hit for S Smith. 2 5

R Spilborghs struck out looking. 2 5

C Gonzalez singled to right, C Barmes scored, M Mora to second. 2 6

T Tulowitzki doubled to deep left, M Mora scored, C Gonzalez to third. 2 7

B Hawpe doubled to deep center, C Gonzalez and T Tulowitzki scored. 2 9

A Cashner relieved S Marshall. 2 9

C Iannetta tripled to deep left, B Hawpe scored. 2 10

I Stewart homered to right, C Iannetta scored. 2 12

C Barmes singled to right. 2 12

M Mora doubled to deep right center, C Barmes scored. 2 13

D Fowler homered to right, M Mora scored. 2 15

R Spilborghs singled to left center. 2 15

B Schlitter relieved A Cashner. 2 15

C Gonzalez singled to center, R Spilborghs to second. 2 15

T Tulowitzki doubled to deep left center, R Spilborghs and C Gonzalez scored. 2 17

B Hawpe walked. 2 17

C Iannetta walked, T Tulowitzki to third, B Hawpe to second. 2 17

I Stewart flied out to center. 2 17

12 Runs, 13 Hits, 0 Errors

SoCalBronco
07-30-2010, 09:18 PM
CHICAGO -- The Chicago White Sox acquired right-handed starter Edwin Jackson from the Arizona Diamondbacks on Friday for righty Daniel Hudson and lefty David Holmberg.

Ken Williams shouldn't have given up Hudson. Dammit.

loborugger
07-30-2010, 09:23 PM
Colorado - Bottom of 8th SCORE

Sean Marshall pitching for Chicago CHC COL

S Marshall relieved J Berg. 2 5

C Barmes doubled to deep left. 2 5

M Mora hit for R Betancourt. 2 5

M Mora singled to right, C Barmes to third. 2 5

D Fowler struck out swinging. 2 5

R Spilborghs hit for S Smith. 2 5

R Spilborghs struck out looking. 2 5

C Gonzalez singled to right, C Barmes scored, M Mora to second. 2 6

T Tulowitzki doubled to deep left, M Mora scored, C Gonzalez to third. 2 7

B Hawpe doubled to deep center, C Gonzalez and T Tulowitzki scored. 2 9

A Cashner relieved S Marshall. 2 9

C Iannetta tripled to deep left, B Hawpe scored. 2 10

I Stewart homered to right, C Iannetta scored. 2 12

C Barmes singled to right. 2 12

M Mora doubled to deep right center, C Barmes scored. 2 13

D Fowler homered to right, M Mora scored. 2 15

R Spilborghs singled to left center. 2 15

B Schlitter relieved A Cashner. 2 15

C Gonzalez singled to center, R Spilborghs to second. 2 15

T Tulowitzki doubled to deep left center, R Spilborghs and C Gonzalez scored. 2 17

B Hawpe walked. 2 17

C Iannetta walked, T Tulowitzki to third, B Hawpe to second. 2 17

I Stewart flied out to center. 2 17

12 Runs, 13 Hits, 0 Errors

That was one hell of an 8th!

bronco militia
07-30-2010, 09:34 PM
all I ever hear about is how great cubs fans travel when their team sucks.

I hope they enjoyed the show

TheChamp24
07-30-2010, 09:51 PM
12 runs, all with 2 outs, 11 straight hits before a couple walks spoiled that mark, then Ian Stewart hits a long flyball to deep left center.

Hogan11
07-31-2010, 07:01 AM
all I ever hear about is how great cubs fans travel when their team sucks.

I hope they enjoyed the show

FACT: Disco Man is the only Cubs fan I've ever run across that was a good guy. The rest have been loud mouthed aholes.

Seeing this team get beat like a drum by the Pirates has been a pleasure of mine this season, seeing any other team beating them always brings a smile to my face :)

Hogan11
07-31-2010, 02:38 PM
Pirates trade Dotel, Lopez

Saturday, July 31, 2010

By Dejan Kovacevic and Chuck Finder, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

ST. LOUIS -- Just before the close of trade-deadline business today, Pirates closer Octavio Dotel was traded to the Los Angeles Dodgers for right-handed pitcher James McDonald, and left-handed reliever Javier Lopez to San Francisco for first-baseman outfielder John Bowker and right-hander Joe Martinez.

The players were just informed in the visitors' clubhouse in Busch Stadium.

Dotel has been exchanging hugs, handshakes with teammates.

McDonald, 25, is 0-1 with an 8.22 ERA in just four games, one start, with the Dodgers this season. He is a 6-foot-5, 195-pound pitcher who has been mostly used in relief in parts of three Dodgers seasons, encompassing a 5-6 record, 4.11 ERA in 53 games -- five of them starts.

Dotel, 36, making $3.25 million, had 21 saves, a 2-2 record and 4.28 ERA with the Pirates this season.

Martinez, 27, a 6-2, 195 part-time starter, has an 0-1 record and 4.91 ERA this season and 3-3, 6.80 over the past two seasons.

Bowker, 27, who is 6-2, 200, had three homers, eight RBIs and a .207 in 41 games with the Giants.

Joel Hanrahan and Evan Meek are expected to assume the Pirates' closer role, by committee.

The Pirates, who also are paying the Dodgers $500,000 as part of the Dotel deal, additionally receive minor-league outfielder Andrew Lambo, 22. Lambo, 6-3, 190, had four homers and 25 RBIs and a .271 average in 47 games with Class AA Chattanooga this season, one year after gathering 11 homers, 61 RBIs and a .256 average in 130 games there.

Lambo was suspended for 50 games earlier this season for testing positive for banned substances that violated minor-league baseball's drug policy, though published reports indicated he did not test positive for performance-enhancing drugs.

He returned to play the last week of June.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10212/1076797-100.stm

:nono: Not much of a return here for the Bucs

Hogan11
07-31-2010, 02:41 PM
Pirates complete five-player trade with Arizona

Snyder, SS prospect coming; Carrasco, Church, Crosby to D-Backs

Saturday, July 31, 2010

By Dejan Kovacevic , Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

ST. LOUIS -- The Pirates and Arizona today completed a trade in which the Diamondbacks sent veteran catcher Chris Snyder, minor-league shortstop Pedro Ciriaco and $3 million in cash in exchange for reliever D.J. Carrasco, outfielder Ryan Church, infielder Bobby Crosby, a deal that at mid-day today received Major League Baseball approval because of the cash.

The Pirates are not expecting to trade pitcher Paul Maholm in advance of today's 4 p.m. deadline, according to a team source. Rather, they are looking into several options to trade closer Octavio Dotel, but only if the deal is right.

The exits of Church and Crosby will prompt the recalls of first baseman Jeff Clement and shortstop Argenis Diaz from Class AAA Indianapolis today.

Snyder, 29, is batting .231 with 10 home runs and 32 RBIs in 65 games. His career average is .233, but he also has been one of the most effective defensive catchers in the majors over the past three years with a .999 fielding percentage and a 30 percent rate of throwing out runners attempting to steal. He missed the final three months of 2009 to a back injury that would require surgery and lost his job to Miguel Montero.

Snyder is due $1.69 million the rest of this season, $5.75 million next season, plus a club option worth $6.75 million for 2012 with a $750,000 buyout. The Diamondbacks are expected to pick up some of that salary, and MLB must approve any transactions involving more than $1 million.

Ciriaco, 24, was batting .256 for Class AAA Reno, with six home runs, 51 RBIs and 14 steals. He is considered a superior defensive player.

Ciriaco, who must be added to the 40-man roster, is expected to be assigned to Indianapolis, essentially in Diaz's place.

Clement, 26, was batting .305 with eight home runs and 33 RBIs in 40 games for Indianapolis.

Diaz, 23, was batting .248 with nine extra-base hits in 274 at-bats.

Carrasco, 33, had a 3.88 ERA in 45 appearances. He had met with general manager Neal Huntington last week in Pittsburgh to express his openness to being traded to a contender. Arizona is in last place.

Church, 31, batted .182 with three home runs and 18 RBIs in 170 at-bats, including an extended platoon with Lastings Milledge in right field in June.

Crosby, 30, batted .224 with one home run and 11 RBIs in 156 at-bats. He, too, was splitting time with Ronny Cedeno at shortstop last month.

The three exiting players were due to make a combined $1.23 million the rest of the season.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10212/1076790-100.stm

Great deal for the Bucs, who unload three players who didn't do much and weren't part of the future plan and upgraded a position with partial AZ payment. It also spells the end of Ryan Doumit in Pittsburgh...as much as I like him, I have to admit he's probably the worst defensive catcher I've ever seen in my entire life.

broncocalijohn
07-31-2010, 03:01 PM
Pirates trade Dotel, Lopez

Saturday, July 31, 2010

By Dejan Kovacevic and Chuck Finder, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The Pirates, who also are paying the Dodgers $500,000 as part of the Dotel deal, additionally receive minor-league outfielder Andrew Lambo, 22. Lambo, 6-3, 190, had four homers and 25 RBIs and a .271 average in 47 games with Class AA Chattanooga this season, one year after gathering 11 homers, 61 RBIs and a .256 average in 130 games there.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10212/1076797-100.stm

:nono: Not much of a return here for the Bucs

See bolded. Pirates got exactly what they wanted. Keep dreaming this team is building for the future. Ive heard that for over a decade and a half now. This is worse than rooting on the Raiders. If the organization doesnt care, I wouldnt expect the fans to also.

Hogan11
07-31-2010, 03:11 PM
See bolded. Pirates got exactly what they wanted. Keep dreaming this team is building for the future. Ive heard that for over a decade and a half now. This is worse than rooting on the Raiders. If the organization doesnt care, I wouldnt expect the fans to also.

So says a fan of one of the "Big Seven"...as such, I don't expect you to understand what a small market, cash strapped team has to do to build a club.

FYI, I was wrong in suggesting that they got burned in this deal. McDonald and Lambo were ranked 1-2 as Dodger prospects in 2009. McDonald has a high K/IP ratio and a true 12-6 curveball. Outfielder Lambo is a potential high-average hitter who was the 49th highest ranked prospect in all of baseball last year. It's not a bad return for Octavio at all.

So, you were saying?

SouthStndJunkie
07-31-2010, 04:14 PM
The Chicago Cubs have agreed to trade pitcher Ted Lilly and infielder Ryan Theriot to the Los Angeles Dodgers for infielder Blake DeWitt and pitching prospects Brett Wallach and Kyle Smit.

SouthStndJunkie
07-31-2010, 04:17 PM
The New York Yankees announced the completion of the deal just after 1:30 p.m. ET Saturday, 24 hours after Berkman agreed to waive the no-trade clause in his contract, as per Major League Baseball rules.

In exchange for Berkman, the Yankees sent Triple-A right-handed pitcher Mark Melancon and Jimmy Paredes, an infielder playing for the Single-A Charleston River Dogs, to the Houston Astros.

SouthStndJunkie
07-31-2010, 04:19 PM
NEW YORK -- The New York Yankees acquired pitcher Kerry Wood from the Cleveland Indians on Saturday, the third deal in less than 24 hours for the World Series champions as they beefed up for the stretch run.

Wood, a hard-throwing, 33-year-old righty, gives the Yankees another setup option alongside Joba Chamberlain for closer Mariano Rivera.

The Yankees sent Cleveland a player to be named or $500,000, and the Indians gave New York $2,172,131. New York will pay $1.5 million of the $3,672,131 remaining on Wood's $10.5 million salary this year. His contract includes an $11 million team option for 2011.

SouthStndJunkie
07-31-2010, 04:21 PM
CINCINNATI -- The Atlanta Braves made a five-player deal Saturday to upgrade their outfield and an already formidable bullpen, acquiring Rick Ankiel and right-hander Kyle Farnsworth from Kansas City for three players.

The NL East leaders are trying to fend off a charge by second-place Philadelphia, which had cut a seven-game deficit to 3 1/2 entering play on Saturday. The Phillies also made one of baseball's most high-profile trades this week, acquiring starter Roy Oswalt from Houston.

Atlanta sent reliever Jesse Chavez, outfielder Gregor Blanco and minor league pitcher Tim Collins to the Royals. Kansas City included cash in the deal.

SouthStndJunkie
07-31-2010, 04:22 PM
TORONTO -- The NL Central-leading St. Louis Cardinals made a three-team trade Saturday, getting pitcher Jake Westbrook from Cleveland and sending outfielder Ryan Ludwick to NL West-leading San Diego.

SouthStndJunkie
07-31-2010, 04:23 PM
SAN DIEGO -- Miguel Tejada is coming to San Diego, and his new teammates can't wait to get him in the lineup.

The NL West-leading Padres obtained the 36-year-old Tejada and more than $1.15 million from the Baltimore Orioles on Thursday, convinced that he can help them in the infield and at the plate.

The Padres gave up Double-A right-hander Wynn Pelzer to get Tejada, who is expected to be in uniform on Friday night for a series opener against Florida.

SouthStndJunkie
07-31-2010, 04:25 PM
DETROIT -- The Detroit Tigers have traded outfielder Wilkin Ramirez to the Atlanta Braves for a player to be named or cash.

The deal was announced Saturday.

The Tigers designated Ramirez for assignment this week after getting Jhonny Peralta from the Cleveland Indians.

cousinal11
07-31-2010, 07:35 PM
CINCINNATI -- The Atlanta Braves made a five-player deal Saturday to upgrade their outfield and an already formidable bullpen, acquiring Rick Ankiel and right-hander Kyle Farnsworth from Kansas City for three players.

The NL East leaders are trying to fend off a charge by second-place Philadelphia, which had cut a seven-game deficit to 3 1/2 entering play on Saturday. The Phillies also made one of baseball's most high-profile trades this week, acquiring starter Roy Oswalt from Houston.

Atlanta sent reliever Jesse Chavez, outfielder Gregor Blanco and minor league pitcher Tim Collins to the Royals. Kansas City included cash in the deal.

Addition by subtraction. Farnsworth will come in handy next time the benches empty.

Man-Goblin
07-31-2010, 08:30 PM
Cargo hit a walk off homerun for the cyle tonight.

As arbitrary as the cycle is, it is a damn rare occurrence. Heard tonight that there hasn't been a walk off hit to complete the cycle since 1984.

bombay
07-31-2010, 10:10 PM
We went down to Coors tonight, and the Rocks were cruising 5-2 in the 8th when Derrick Lee caught one and tied the game with a three run jack. Scrub fans, typically, got very loud and obnoxious in a split second. Carlos Gonzales, batting first in the bottom of the 9th, hit Marshall's first pitch so damn hard I bet it's still airborn (actually at home now, saw the replay and it landed in the 3rd deck). Anyway, the scrub outfielders didn't move. Didn't look up. Waited about 5 seconds and slowly walked toward the dugout.

Gonzalez is as good a young hitter as there is in the game. Billy Beane really, really screwed up including him in the Holliday deal. His cycle tonight was slightly off. In his 2nd AB, the triple, the ball actually hit on top of the yellow line, before bouncing back into the field of play. We were standing about 40 feet away, above the bullpen, and watched it. So he should have had two home runs with a single and double.

RhymesayersDU
08-01-2010, 12:59 AM
CarGo is all that is man.

broncocalijohn
08-01-2010, 01:19 AM
So says a fan of one of the "Big Seven"...as such, I don't expect you to understand what a small market, cash strapped team has to do to build a club.

FYI, I was wrong in suggesting that they got burned in this deal. McDonald and Lambo were ranked 1-2 as Dodger prospects in 2009. McDonald has a high K/IP ratio and a true 12-6 curveball. Outfielder Lambo is a potential high-average hitter who was the 49th highest ranked prospect in all of baseball last year. It's not a bad return for Octavio at all.

So, you were saying?

I ve heard this same crap from either the Bucs fans or their organization. Has it been what 18 or 19 years since they had an above .500 mark? I have always been a fan of the Angels and they never dumped players like they do in Pittsburg. We will hear the same crapola from you and their organization about moving forward with young prospects and turn it around. I remember the Padres fire sale and that didnt pan out as nicely as they seemed to think it would have. Sorry Hogan, but you buy into their propaganda on "just wait a few years." If other teams seem to build now and stay with it ie. Rays, then their is no excuse for a team being complete **** for the last 18 years. At least Toronto tries. Jump on that team. Anyone that leaves being a fan of the Bucs is ok with me. There is so much you can take. While other teams try and win at least once or twice in that span, Pirates make it to perfection for sucking out loud. Enjoy any good, young player now because he is gonzo in a few years...... for another "hot" prospect or two.

Is this what I was saying?

Hogan11
08-01-2010, 11:04 AM
I ve heard this same crap from either the Bucs fans or their organization. Has it been what 18 or 19 years since they had an above .500 mark? I have always been a fan of the Angels and they never dumped players like they do in Pittsburg. We will hear the same crapola from you and their organization about moving forward with young prospects and turn it around. I remember the Padres fire sale and that didnt pan out as nicely as they seemed to think it would have. Sorry Hogan, but you buy into their propaganda on "just wait a few years." If other teams seem to build now and stay with it ie. Rays, then their is no excuse for a team being complete **** for the last 18 years. At least Toronto tries. Jump on that team. Anyone that leaves being a fan of the Bucs is ok with me. There is so much you can take. While other teams try and win at least once or twice in that span, Pirates make it to perfection for sucking out loud. Enjoy any good, young player now because he is gonzo in a few years...... for another "hot" prospect or two.

Is this what I was saying?

Again, as a fan of one of the big money seven, I don't expect you to understand how smaller markets have to operate and you've proved that yet again with this same old tired spiel. You obivously have no idea about the damage Littlefield did to this franchise and it's farm system or the time it's going to take to recover from it.

Honestly, you sound just like the Yankee fans where I'm at: "If they really wanted to win, they'd spend top dollar to get/keep their talent"...such things are easy to say when you're always in the top 1/3 of MLB payrolls. The Rays? Do you honestly think the Rays are going to keep anyone when they're bidding against the likes of the NYY/M, CHI C/WS, LAAA, PHI or BOS? Think again, they couldn't even swing landing Adam Dunn. They got lucky their prospects all jelled at the same time and barring any type of fiscal equality happening in MLB (Ha!), they're only on borrowed time.

TheChamp24
08-01-2010, 11:11 AM
Honestly, you sound just like the Yankee fans where I'm at: "If they really wanted to win, they'd spend top dollar to get/keep their talent"...such things are easy to say when you're always in the top 1/3 of MLB payrolls. The Rays? Do you honestly think the Rays are going to keep anyone when they're bidding against the likes of the NYY/M, CHI C/WS, LAAA, PHI or BOS? Think again, they couldn't even swing landing Adam Dunn. They got lucky their prospects all jelled at the same time and barring any type of fiscal equality happening in MLB (Ha!), they're only on borrowed time.

Couldn't agree more than on this. Some teams are noticing prospects gelling at the right time to make deep runs, case in point Tampa and Colorado actually as well.
When Tampa has to pay Price, Longoria, Crawford, Zobrist, Bartlett, etc. that won't happen. Same with the Rockies, who have an interesting dilemna at hand here at the end of the season. Do they pick up an option on Jeff Francis, or let him walk and resign Jorge De La Rosa? Do they try to lock up Carlos Gonzalez for long term? What about when Tulo's current deal ends, will he take over in New York in 4-5 years when that happens and Jeter retires?

Some teams only have a window of a few years before they have to rebuild. Some teams can just plug in guys all the time, like the Yankees, and never have to worry about having to rebuild.

Hogan11
08-01-2010, 11:36 AM
Couldn't agree more than on this. Some teams are noticing prospects gelling at the right time to make deep runs, case in point Tampa and Colorado actually as well.
When Tampa has to pay Price, Longoria, Crawford, Zobrist, Bartlett, etc. that won't happen. Same with the Rockies, who have an interesting dilemna at hand here at the end of the season. Do they pick up an option on Jeff Francis, or let him walk and resign Jorge De La Rosa? Do they try to lock up Carlos Gonzalez for long term? What about when Tulo's current deal ends, will he take over in New York in 4-5 years when that happens and Jeter retires?

Some teams only have a window of a few years before they have to rebuild. Some teams can just plug in guys all the time, like the Yankees, and never have to worry about having to rebuild.

Agree and it has to be noted here that the "prospects all jelling at the right time" thing is also a pretty rare occurance by MLB standards. The Rays caught lightning in a bottle and can keep it a few years because they followed the "Indians method" (signing prospects long term before they develop, like Cleveland did in the 90's). Only thing is, just because they're signed, doesn't mean they'll develop and things will work out.....more often than not, they don't.

24champ
08-01-2010, 12:16 PM
Dodgers need to fire Ned Colletti. He's traded away some decent prospects for some burned out veterans. Farm system is getting raped lately, and Coletti seems to place zero value on the farm system. I don't understand why make these trades when your 7 games back? Would have rather the Dodgers have been sellers, trade Padilla, Manny...whatever.

Also can't wait until Torre calls it a career, and Frank McCourt sells the team to someone that gives a flying **** about baseball and not real estate. Maybe then fans can have a decently run organization from top to bottom.

http://msti.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/torre_bored.jpg?w=500&h=373

Kaylore
08-01-2010, 12:20 PM
Congrats to Cargo on a great game yesterday.

bombay
08-01-2010, 03:35 PM
Cardinals crush the Pirates to complete the sweep. Sorry, Hogan.

Since they dealt Ludwick Saturday, the bats have exploded. Particularly Pujols and Rasmus.

Pendejo
08-01-2010, 04:32 PM
Cardinals crush the Pirates to complete the sweep. Sorry, Hogan.

Since they dealt Ludwick Saturday, the bats have exploded. Particularly Pujols and Rasmus.

Ludwick was a big part of San Diego's win today. Pinch hitting for the nonexistent bat of Tony Gwynn he put together a great at bat against Josh Johnson eventually singling. He then scored the winning run from first on Jerry Hairston's double...doing so with a tremendous slide just avoiding a tag by Paulino. It was a big win for the Madres, touching Johnson up for five runs, as they couldn't get anything going against the Marlins' staff all weekend.

Now on to L.A. to hopefully sweep those jerkoffs and come closer to putting them out of their misery for the rest of the 2010 season. If there was any justice in this world that team would be immediately contracted, and the stadium razed.

bombay
08-01-2010, 05:03 PM
Ludwick was a big part of San Diego's win today. Pinch hitting for the nonexistent bat of Tony Gwynn he put together a great at bat against Josh Johnson eventually singling. He then scored the winning run from first on Jerry Hairston's double...doing so with a tremendous slide just avoiding a tag by Paulino. It was a big win for the Madres, touching Johnson up for five runs, as they couldn't get anything going against the Marlins' staff all weekend.

Now on to L.A. to hopefully sweep those jerkoffs and come closer to putting them out of their misery for the rest of the 2010 season. If there was any justice in this world that team would be immediately contracted, and the stadium razed.

Ludwick is a good guy and a good bat. I don't know any Cardinals fan who didn't like him, and everyone wants him to do well except against us.

I just think it woke up the clubhouse a little bit when they saw him traded.

Pendejo
08-01-2010, 05:52 PM
Ludwick is a good guy and a good bat. I don't know any Cardinals fan who didn't like him, and everyone wants him to do well except against us.

I just think it woke up the clubhouse a little bit when they saw him traded.

I was shocked yesterday when I woke up, and saw what the trade was. The Madres really didn't give up much to snag a player of his caliber. A right handed bat with some solid pop, and a capable defensive player as well. He is exactly the type of guy Hoyer needed to land, and he did it. Watching the game today it was pretty clear that Ludwick has already ingratiated himself into the Madres clubhouse. By all accounts it's a tight knit group who have a lot of fun playing the game. It shows in the the product they throw out on the field. More times than not it's pretty ugly offensively, but they keep grinding and find ways to score the key runs.

Right now Adrian is seeing about one good pitch per at bat. Hopefully with Ludwick behind him he'll see at least one more.

bombay
08-01-2010, 06:01 PM
I was shocked yesterday when I woke up, and saw what the trade was. The Madres really didn't give up much to snag a player of his caliber. A right handed bat with some solid pop, and a capable defensive player as well. He is exactly the type of guy Hoyer needed to land, and he did it. Watching the game today it was pretty clear that Ludwick has already ingratiated himself into the Madres clubhouse. By all accounts it's a tight knit group who have a lot of fun playing the game. It shows in the the product they throw out on the field. More times than not it's pretty ugly offensively, but they keep grinding and find ways to score the key runs.

Right now Adrian is seeing about one good pitch per at bat. Hopefully with Ludwick behind him he'll see at least one more.

Yeah, the Padres gave up virtually nothing - a 2nd tier and a 3rd tier prospect - to get Ludwick. The Cardinals weren't going to be able to keep him after the season, most likely, because he'll probably get 7-8 million in arbitration and they have to throw everything they can scrape together at Albert Pujols. Still, to unload him mid-season was very surprising. There is some speculation that the front office did this to force LaRussa to play Colby Rasmus every day. He's been jerking his 23 year old, .871 OPS center fielder in and out of the lineup.

By the way, get used to every national TV and radio guy calling him Ludwig. It can drive you crazy if you let it. I'm kind of hoping they trade Kyle Lohse (los) now so I don't have to listen to those idiots call him loash.

Pendejo
08-01-2010, 09:44 PM
Yeah, the Padres gave up virtually nothing - a 2nd tier and a 3rd tier prospect - to get Ludwick. The Cardinals weren't going to be able to keep him after the season, most likely, because he'll probably get 7-8 million in arbitration and they have to throw everything they can scrape together at Albert Pujols. Still, to unload him mid-season was very surprising. There is some speculation that the front office did this to force LaRussa to play Colby Rasmus every day. He's been jerking his 23 year old, .871 OPS center fielder in and out of the lineup.

By the way, get used to every national TV and radio guy calling him Ludwig. It can drive you crazy if you let it. I'm kind of hoping they trade Kyle Lohse (los) now so I don't have to listen to those idiots call him loash.

When the Madres traded for Adrian Gonzalez...Ryan Klesko was their first baseman. Klesko got hurt, and Adrian started to rake. Kevin Towers made it known when Klesko was getting healthy that Adrian was their every day starter (Bochy favored old players). Does LaRussa normally try to fvck his young players? I don't think he has that reputation. Either way...Rasmus is playing and the Madres have acquired a very good player.

Also too *Sarah Palin voice* thanks for the Khalil Greene trade. The player to be named later turned out to be the quadruple x rated Luke Gregerson. He's so filthy he warrants a XXXX rating.

It really is too bad Khalil melted down. He had all the tools...aside from laying off of sliders in the dirt.

broncocalijohn
08-01-2010, 10:15 PM
Again, as a fan of one of the big money seven, I don't expect you to understand how smaller markets have to operate and you've proved that yet again with this same old tired spiel. You obivously have no idea about the damage Littlefield did to this franchise and it's farm system or the time it's going to take to recover from it.

Honestly, you sound just like the Yankee fans where I'm at: "If they really wanted to win, they'd spend top dollar to get/keep their talent"...such things are easy to say when you're always in the top 1/3 of MLB payrolls. The Rays? Do you honestly think the Rays are going to keep anyone when they're bidding against the likes of the NYY/M, CHI C/WS, LAAA, PHI or BOS? Think again, they couldn't even swing landing Adam Dunn. They got lucky their prospects all gelled at the same time and barring any type of fiscal equality happening in MLB (Ha!), they're only on borrowed time.

Pirates havent gelled in 18 years. Rays are doing it now 2 out of the 3 years. They have been around less years than when the Bucs starting this collosal failure. Royals and Bucs are one in the same. Orioles just had horrible scouts and had absolutely no good prospects once Ripkin came up. As for borrowed time, wouldnt you rather have 2 out of 3 years for a club in its infancy or 18 years of sucking up as the worst franchise in that period with no near future in sight? How many years will you give this franchise and its excuses (correct or not) to turn it around and start at least being competitive? Anything over 2 or 3 years is sick and twisted.

broncocalijohn
08-01-2010, 10:18 PM
Dodgers need to fire Ned Colletti. He's traded away some decent prospects for some burned out veterans. Farm system is getting raped lately, and Coletti seems to place zero value on the farm system. I don't understand why make these trades when your 7 games back? Would have rather the Dodgers have been sellers, trade Padilla, Manny...whatever.

Also can't wait until Torre calls it a career, and Frank McCourt sells the team to someone that gives a flying **** about baseball and not real estate. Maybe then fans can have a decently run organization from top to bottom.

You cannot keep continuing this year without bullpen help. Sherrill is a joke and proven as no one wanted him off of waivers. The bats went completely soft this weekend and ruined some good starting pitching. To see the Padres and Giants ahead of you has got to give one sick feeling. Hope you are in Denver just to stay away from it!

Pendejo
08-02-2010, 12:13 AM
You cannot keep continuing this year without bullpen help. Sherrill is a joke and proven as no one wanted him off of waivers. The bats went completely soft this weekend and ruined some good starting pitching. To see the Padres and Giants ahead of you has got to give one sick feeling. Hope you are in Denver just to stay away from it!

Nonsense. Only jackass Dahyer fans think their team is better than the Madres or the Giants. The Giants have arguably the top three pitching rotation in all of baseball. The Phillies have gotten nasty. The Madres have guys who can give you a solid six, and Mat Latos.

Saying that the Madres bull pen is flat out nasty. They come at you in waves.

From my point of view going in to this season the Dahyers were the weak sisters in the NL West. Their starting pitching is all over the place. Their bullpen is two deep. Joe Torre is an incredible ass...just read/listen to his book. A-Rod should have not only ignored him earlier this year...he should have flat out kicked his ass.

SouthStndJunkie
08-02-2010, 12:26 AM

http://msti.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/torre_bored.jpg?w=500&h=373

That franchise is a mess right now.

I read an article about the McCourt divorce saga....what a cluster**** of a situation that is.

SouthStndJunkie
08-02-2010, 12:37 AM
My Tigers have taken a giant **** since the All-Star break....but it's hard to get mad about it.

Joel Zumaya is out for the year.

Then Brandon Inge was lost for 4-6 weeks.

Next, Magglio Ordonez was lost for 6-8 weeks.

That same game, Carlos Guillen went on the disabled list.

That basically leaves Miguel Cabrera and a lot of Triple A talent in the lineup every night. Teams are simply pitching around Miggy when they need to.

Rookie Brennan Boesch has hit the wall. He has gone from batting .345 to .291 in about 3 or 4 weeks and looks lost at the plate.

Hogan11
08-02-2010, 09:59 AM
Pirates havent gelled in 18 years. Rays are doing it now 2 out of the 3 years. They have been around less years than when the Bucs starting this collosal failure. Royals and Bucs are one in the same. Orioles just had horrible scouts and had absolutely no good prospects once Ripkin came up. As for borrowed time, wouldnt you rather have 2 out of 3 years for a club in its infancy or 18 years of sucking up as the worst franchise in that period with no near future in sight? How many years will you give this franchise and its excuses (correct or not) to turn it around and start at least being competitive? Anything over 2 or 3 years is sick and twisted.

C'mon John...do I come in here talking **** about how the Angels have only won one (count 'em, ONE) pennant and world series in their entire 49 years of existance? Do I wonder aloud how anyone could possibly root for probably the most effeminately named team in pro sports history? No, I don't.

Instead of trying so hard to pull my chain by bashing a franchise that has absolutely nothing to do with your team, shouldn't you be more focused on Texas right now?

TheChamp24
08-02-2010, 10:43 AM
Nonsense. Only jackass Dahyer fans think their team is better than the Madres or the Giants. The Giants have arguably the top three pitching rotation in all of baseball. The Phillies have gotten nasty. The Madres have guys who can give you a solid six, and Mat Latos.

Saying that the Madres bull pen is flat out nasty. They come at you in waves.

From my point of view going in to this season the Dahyers were the weak sisters in the NL West. Their starting pitching is all over the place. Their bullpen is two deep. Joe Torre is an incredible ass...just read/listen to his book. A-Rod should have not only ignored him earlier this year...he should have flat out kicked his ass.

Everybody knew coming into the year, that the Giants had the pitching, but iffy hitting.
The Dodgers had a few bright spots, but a lot of question marks that would spell them middle of the pack in the West.
Padres, nobody expected those pitchers to have career years and those hitters come up with some damn lucky hits in the most opportune of times.

24champ
08-02-2010, 10:47 AM

Nope, I got front row seats to this disaster in the making. Living north of LA now...

broncocalijohn
08-02-2010, 02:52 PM
C'mon John...do I come in here talking **** about how the Angels have only won one (count 'em, ONE) pennant and world series in their entire 49 years of existance? Do I wonder aloud how anyone could possibly root for probably the most effeminately named team in pro sports history? No, I don't.

Instead of trying so hard to pull my chain by bashing a franchise that has absolutely nothing to do with your team, shouldn't you be more focused on Texas right now?

I am sorry you arent taking this more light. Unfortunately, you do come across as someone who doesnt want to give up the hope that the Pirates have something and are ready to explode. You watch Major Leagues or Water Boy and see those fans in the stands and say to yourself, "hey, that is me and I will be there when it turns around!" Since we have the Raiders and their fans spouting the same thing, it makes me respond. I know you love the Pirates and no one else does. There just isnt anything to see or care about the team from the outside point of view. It isnt the post about them this year and glad u get a rise out of beating the Brewers and Cubs. I just see the exact same thing from you with Raider fans. You are a smart guy but I think we all think you are bonkers and nutty about the future of this team. I am the only one who spoke out about it. You are correct, Pirates have nothing to do with the angels until they unload some tasty MLB talent our way. Pulling your chain? Of course. It is a message board and I figured someone had to shake you and wake you up. Nothing too personal against you as I just wish you could find an AL team to root for and have some fun for your summer months while TC is going on. You can bash the Angels where ever you see fit. You wont find too many things but the name (which comes from the city with the first team.....Los Angeles). BUT, once the same thing is posted by you in two years, I will be all over it. I actually hope I am wrong and all those Pirates' fans (5k of them)have something to cheer for and go on a sick run like the Angels have done. Hope the Broncos can give you a winner (hell, you had the Flyers at least).

bronco militia
08-02-2010, 08:16 PM
cubs down 18-1 to the brewers.....only one hr in the game

Hogan11
08-02-2010, 10:26 PM
I am sorry you arent taking this more light. Unfortunately, you do come across as someone who doesnt want to give up the hope that the Pirates have something and are ready to explode. You watch Major Leagues or Water Boy and see those fans in the stands and say to yourself, "hey, that is me and I will be there when it turns around!" Since we have the Raiders and their fans spouting the same thing, it makes me respond. I know you love the Pirates and no one else does. There just isnt anything to see or care about the team from the outside point of view. It isnt the post about them this year and glad u get a rise out of beating the Brewers and Cubs. I just see the exact same thing from you with Raider fans. You are a smart guy but I think we all think you are bonkers and nutty about the future of this team. I am the only one who spoke out about it. You are correct, Pirates have nothing to do with the angels until they unload some tasty MLB talent our way. Pulling your chain? Of course. It is a message board and I figured someone had to shake you and wake you up. Nothing too personal against you as I just wish you could find an AL team to root for and have some fun for your summer months while TC is going on. You can bash the Angels where ever you see fit. You wont find too many things but the name (which comes from the city with the first team.....Los Angeles). BUT, once the same thing is posted by you in two years, I will be all over it. I actually hope I am wrong and all those Pirates' fans (5k of them)have something to cheer for and go on a sick run like the Angels have done. Hope the Broncos can give you a winner (hell, you had the Flyers at least).

1. A real fan sinks and swims with the team, till death or relocation do you part. If you don't take the bad times along with the good (no matter how long those bad times may be), you're simply a weak sauce fan, period. It's funny to see that that bothers you so much.

2. The rest of this post (beisdes the part where you say I'm a smart guy) is just uninformed, provoking bullshat.

3. The Brewers and Cubs are arch rivals, I'm sure you know that in a season without much to celebrate, beating those clubs provides a satisfying solace.

4. See you O'Mane Weekend, you girly team fan you Ha!

24champ
08-02-2010, 11:02 PM
Everybody knew coming into the year, that the Giants had the pitching, but iffy hitting.
The Dodgers had a few bright spots, but a lot of question marks that would spell them middle of the pack in the West.
Padres, nobody expected those pitchers to have career years and those hitters come up with some damn lucky hits in the most opportune of times.

I think the SF Midgets will probably end up winning the Division, Madres might make the wildcard. It's going to be brutal with that 30 games in 30 days at the end of the season for the Madres.

Dodgers had their chances to pick up an ace (several times), some solid reliever here and there and a bat. They whiffed on their chances to upgrade the team. Oh well...what's another 30 years of ineptitude?

Hotwheelz
08-02-2010, 11:19 PM
I think the SF Midgets will probably end up winning the Division, Madres might make the wildcard. It's going to be brutal with that 30 games in 30 days at the end of the season for the Madres.

Dodgers had their chances to pick up an ace (several times), some solid reliever here and there and a bat. They whiffed on their chances to upgrade the team. Oh well...what's another 30 years of ineptitude?

You do realize that our bullpen could pitch a whole game and shut anyone down right? Stauffer, Mujica, Thatcher, Webb, Frieri, Gregerson, Adams and Bell. I'm confident they could pitch a playoff game and win it.

worm
08-02-2010, 11:34 PM
I think the SF Midgets will probably end up winning the Division

I think you are right.

What a great year! Lakers win it all. SF makes the playoffs and the cherry on top....a AFCW crown for the Broncs!

24champ
08-02-2010, 11:45 PM
You do realize that our bullpen could pitch a whole game and shut anyone down right? Stauffer, Mujica, Thatcher, Webb, Frieri, Gregerson, Adams and Bell. I'm confident they could pitch a playoff game and win it.

I'm not knocking your pitching by any means, they mow teams down. I've seen it firsthand. All I am saying is that it is going to be a real grind for the Madres at the end of the season. Nobody expected the Madres to be where they are, and they made quite a turnaround.

broncocalijohn
08-02-2010, 11:47 PM

I dont see it that way. Sure Giants are scoring a tad more now with that sick pitching staff but as mentioned, Padres have one of the best bullpens from all year. Giants can do serious damage in the playoffs with 3 top pitchers but I see Padres making the playoffs with the division. Not sure after that, but Matos has been epic and we will see him again tomorrow against Padilla. Only thing the Padres have to do is get rid of Teddy Lightweight on the radio. God, he is so full of himself.

Hotwheelz
08-03-2010, 01:07 AM
I'm not knocking your pitching by any means, they mow teams down. I've seen it firsthand. All I am saying is that it is going to be a real grind for the Madres at the end of the season. Nobody expected the Madres to be where they are, and they made quite a turnaround.

They've been the most consistent team in all of baseball, yeah it'll be hard, but September call ups should help out with that. They've got some guys that are MLB ready (Castro, Luebke) that could give guys a break.Don't see any reason why they'll slow down. Especially with their shiny new bats.

TheChamp24
08-03-2010, 07:44 AM
I could see the Pads sort of falling down a little bit because of various reasons.
1. The workload of the pitching staff, guys will tire
2. Latos, this is a young kid, will he tire out in September? It helped he was on the DL for that "injury"
3. You have guys pitching way ahead of their norms. Like Garland, Richard, Stauffer, Mujica, Webb.

I honestly see the Padres as being similar to the Diamonbacks of 2007. A team you would never expect to win a division on paper, but they somehow win games with good pitching and timely hits. Thats what the Padres have been this year, just pitching well enough to keep games close, then somehow getting a hit to win it.

broncocalijohn
08-03-2010, 02:00 PM
I could see the Pads sort of falling down a little bit because of various reasons.
1. The workload of the pitching staff, guys will tire
2. Latos, this is a young kid, will he tire out in September? It helped he was on the DL for that "injury"
3. You have guys pitching way ahead of their norms. Like Garland, Richard, Stauffer, Mujica, Webb.

I honestly see the Padres as being similar to the Diamonbacks of 2007. A team you would never expect to win a division on paper, but they somehow win games with good pitching and timely hits. Thats what the Padres have been this year, just pitching well enough to keep games close, then somehow getting a hit to win it.

While Garland is nothing of his epic year in Chicago, he has been a consistent, innings eater guy and one of the better 4th/5th pitcher in a rotation. While not great for the Angels, we could count on him going 7 innings to give the BP a break.

sixtimeseight
08-04-2010, 03:36 AM
They've been the most consistent team in all of baseball, yeah it'll be hard, but September call ups should help out with that. They've got some guys that are MLB ready (Castro, Luebke) that could give guys a break.Don't see any reason why they'll slow down. Especially with their shiny new bats.

lol, is this a joke? the padres have been the most consistent team in baseball? try the rays or the yankees, champ.

SouthStndJunkie
08-04-2010, 06:45 PM
A-Rod finally hit his 600th HR today.

SouthStndJunkie
08-04-2010, 06:46 PM
Ubaldo Jimenez goes to 17-2 on the year with a 6-1 win over the Giants today.

Finger Roll
08-04-2010, 08:53 PM
The Padres will fade. Sadly I think my Braves will too. Can't hit for crap

Taco John
08-05-2010, 01:03 PM
<object width="464" height="376" id="1894801" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" alt="EMBED-Spiderman Style Baseball Catch free videos"><param name="movie" value="http://embed.break.com/MTg5NDgwMQ=="></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://embed.break.com/MTg5NDgwMQ==" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess=always width="464" height="376"></embed></object>

BMF Bronco
08-05-2010, 01:09 PM
<object width="464" height="376" id="1894801" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" alt="EMBED-Spiderman Style Baseball Catch free videos"><param name="movie" value="http://embed.break.com/MTg5NDgwMQ=="></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://embed.break.com/MTg5NDgwMQ==" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess=always width="464" height="376"></embed></object>

hollllllllllllllly shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iii-tuh! that was friggin AWESOME!

broncocalijohn
08-05-2010, 02:09 PM
Ive seen Ichiro do that against Garret Anderson a few years back.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n125/lbrownie/ichiro-climbs-wall.jpg&imgrefurl=http://larrybrownsports.com/baseball/ichiro-suzuki-climbs-wall-spiderman-style-rob-home-run-angels/7337&usg=__yzrrOfzNtrT51sPnyQf8oCsL594=&h=209&w=477&sz=131&hl=en&start=1&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=rj2TmcOaL4bQuM:&tbnh=57&tbnw=129&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dichiro%2Bcatch%2Bgarret%2Banderson%26 um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26tbs%3Disch:1

Taco John
08-05-2010, 02:29 PM
I love that "I got that" smile that's on his face.

Hogan11
08-05-2010, 04:21 PM
That was one incredible snag...what's that ugly Reds looking team called that guy was playing for?? The Carps??

SouthStndJunkie
08-08-2010, 12:32 PM
Brandon Morrow of the Blue Jays has a no-hitter going with two outs in the 9th inning.

SouthStndJunkie
08-08-2010, 12:32 PM
One out to go....Evan Longoria at the plate.

SouthStndJunkie
08-08-2010, 12:33 PM
Evan Longoria gets a hit with 2 outs in the 9th inning.

SouthStndJunkie
08-08-2010, 12:35 PM
Brandon Morrow with 16 Ks in the game.

WABronco
08-08-2010, 12:37 PM
**** off longoria.

That sucks, was hoping Brandon would get that. He's the first real instance of an "oops" trade by GMZ. Thankfully, the mid-level prospect we got back along with Brandon League has been one of the best hitters in High A.

SouthStndJunkie
08-08-2010, 01:06 PM
Brandon Morrow ends up with a one hitter and 17 Ks.

9 innings 1 hit 0 ER 2 BB 17 Ks on 137 pitches.

Champagne Powder
08-08-2010, 01:24 PM
**** off longoria.

That sucks, was hoping Brandon would get that. He's the first real instance of an "oops" trade by GMZ. Thankfully, the mid-level prospect we got back along with Brandon League has been one of the best hitters in High A.

I don't always agree with the "he needs a change of scenery" argument, but it probably applies here with Morrow.

Bavasi pretty much ****ed with Morrow by rushing him to the majors with little pro experience and then changing his role numerous times. Plus, the fan base could never get over the Tim Lincecum thing.

I have watched bits and pieces of Morrow this year and he's a frustrating sh!t. He will pitch four innings where he looks like an ace and then he will lose it in an instant. I think he will be one of those pitchers that always teases you with brilliance, but won't ever permanently cross that line into stardom.

WABronco
08-08-2010, 07:19 PM
I don't always agree with the "he needs a change of scenery" argument, but it probably applies here with Morrow.

Bavasi pretty much ****ed with Morrow by rushing him to the majors with little pro experience and then changing his role numerous times. Plus, the fan base could never get over the Tim Lincecum thing.

I have watched bits and pieces of Morrow this year and he's a frustrating ****. He will pitch four innings where he looks like an ace and then he will lose it in an instant. I think he will be one of those pitchers that always teases you with brilliance, but won't ever permanently cross that line into stardom.

Ya that's true he had like around 50 minor league innings or something...crazy. He might always be wild, but wild with upside looks a little better than a couple long relievers in the starting rotation (Fister/RRS). I am surprised though that he hasn't been injured so far this year...good on Brandon, hope he keeps it up.

SouthStndJunkie
08-09-2010, 01:01 PM
SEATTLE -- The last-place Seattle Mariners have fired manager Don Wakamatsu.

The team announced the move hours before Monday night's game against Oakland. The team also fired pitching coach Rick Adair, bench coach Ty Van Burkleo, and performance coach Steve Hecht.

Daren Brown, the manager of the team's Triple-A affiliate in Tacoma, was named interim manager for the rest of the season.

BMF Bronco
08-09-2010, 02:37 PM
Jim Edmonds got traded to the Reds today, great pick up for the Reds!

WABronco
08-09-2010, 02:39 PM
^Definition of "fall guy."

I like Jack Z. and how he operates and how he values players, but he put together a very volatile roster this year and it obviously didn't work out. That doesn't change the fact that he's made several shrewd moves, and turned many bargain players into real contributors...as well as overhauled our farm system.

(Re-signing Ken Griffey is unforgivable, in my opinion)

elsid13
08-09-2010, 02:53 PM
Red Sox split with the ****ing Yankees. Lester looked like he back on track after struggling the last 3 games. Paps and Bard were lights out today.

SouthStndJunkie
08-18-2010, 02:46 PM
The Chicago Cubs traded first baseman Derrek Lee to the Atlanta Braves for three pitching prospects, the team announced Wednesday.

The Braves sent three pitchers to the Cubs, right-handers Robinson Lopez and Tyrelle Harris and lefty Jeffrey Lorick.

Hogan11
08-18-2010, 02:47 PM
The Chicago Cubs traded first baseman Derrek Lee to the Atlanta Braves for three pitching prospects, the team announced Wednesday.

The Braves sent three pitchers to the Cubs, right-handers Robinson Lopez and Tyrelle Harris and lefty Jeffrey Lorick.

Will he veto this trade too? He did veto a previous one, no?

SouthStndJunkie
08-18-2010, 07:32 PM
It's too bad injuries have derailed Detroit's second half of the season.

Teams are simply walking Miguel Cabrera in key situations, as there is nobody around him that can do any damage.

His stats have dipped a little since Magglio Ordonez went on the DL, but he is still putting up MVP numbers, which he won't win, because they will finish in 3rd place in the AL Central.

Miggy is still batting .340 with 30 HRs and 98 RBIs.

SouthStndJunkie
08-22-2010, 12:42 PM
I think the AL MVP Award will come down to Josh Hamilton and Miguel Cabrera, with Robinson Cano getting some consideration.

Josh Hamilton:

.359 average, 38 doubles, 28 HRs, 88 RBIs, .410 OBP, .632 SLG, 1.043 OPS

Miguel Cabrera:

.341 average, 38 doubles, 31 HRs, 102 RBIs, .435 OBP, .645 SLG, 1.081 OPS

If Josh Hamilton and the Rangers finish the year strong, he will probably win. But Miggy has had an incredible year, without much surrounding him in the lineup for several weeks.

SouthStndJunkie
08-22-2010, 12:47 PM
I'd like to see David Price of Tampa Bay win the AL Cy Young Award.

He is 15-5 with 146 Ks and a 2.97 ERA.

24champ
08-23-2010, 01:51 PM
Vin Scully said he had his wife's blessing to return for another season as the voice of the Dodgers.

Then he heard that the Dodgers had picked up journeyman catcher Rod Barajas in a waiver deal.

"That was the clincher," Scully said, drawing laughs from the crowd of reporters who surrounded him in the press box named in his honor.

Thank God, Scully is the one thing that makes the Dodgers worth watching lately.

SouthStndJunkie
08-23-2010, 02:03 PM
The Boston Red Sox claimed Detroit Tigers outfielder Johnny Damon on waivers, according to reports on SI.com and NYPost.com, but it is unclear whether Boston made the claim in order to try to bring Damon back to Fenway Park or to try to block the former Sox outfielder from going elsewhere.

According to MLB rules, the Red Sox have 48 hours to work out a trade for Damon, who reportedly must waive a no-trade clause to approve a deal to Boston. However, the Tigers could also decide they don't want to trade Damon and pull him back.

SouthStndJunkie
08-24-2010, 01:58 PM
DETROIT -- Johnny Damon is staying in Detroit.

The Tigers outfielder said he decided to pass up a chance to return to the Boston Red Sox. The Red Sox claimed him on waivers this week, and it was up to him to approve the deal because of the no-trade clause in his contract.

Damon said before Tuesday night's game against Kansas City that he turned down the move.

"I love Detroit," he told reporters.

The 36-year-old Damon helped lead the Red Sox to a World Series championship in 2004, their first since 1918.

Hogan11
08-25-2010, 12:18 PM
From the "It's no surprise dept.": Jeffrey Loria & David Samson, the same scumbags that intentionally killed off the Montreal Expos, have now been exposed as the liars everyone knew they were. The duo lied to get a new stadium and swindled 2.4 billion from the people of Florida.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=ArWRE4ick7e3FC2VX5esZ3YRvLYF?slug=jp-marlinsfinancials082410

SouthStndJunkie
08-26-2010, 11:50 PM
Detroit's starting pitcher Max Scherzer has been a stud the second half of the year.

He was part of that big 3 way trade in the offseason with Arizona and the Yankees.

On the year: 10-9 142 Ks with a 3.60 ERA.

The real story is that in his last 13 starts his ERA is 1.66. In that stretch he has pitched 86.2 innings with 83 Ks.

Between Scherzer, possible Rookie of the Year Austin Jackson (.307 average, 79 runs, 149 hits, 29 doubles, 7 triples, and 21 stolen bases) and relief pitcher Phil Coke (2.39 ERA) the Tigers made out pretty damn good in the trade. I didn't like trading Curtis Granderson and Edwin Jackson, but this trade set the Tigers up with some good young talent.

Max Scherzer is only 26, Austin Jackson is 23, and Phil Coke is 28 years old.

They also got Stink's kid, left handed relief pitcher Daniel Schlereth in the deal, but he is raw and probably should be back down in Triple A. He is only 24 though, and has potential.

TonyR
08-27-2010, 06:14 AM
DETROIT -- Johnny Damon is staying in Detroit.

I hate the Red Sox and like Damon so I'm glad he did this, but not a very smart move. Wouldn't it have made more sense for him to join a team that has a shot at the playoffs and showcase himself in the postseason for another contract?

Hogan11
08-27-2010, 06:51 AM
Steven Strasburg is back on the DL and could be done for the season suffering from a bad elbow and mega hype.....which means Bob Costas is back on the suicide watch list.

Boo frickin' hoo.

Ray_Lewis'_Victim
08-27-2010, 09:27 AM
Steven Strasburg is back on the DL and could be done for the season suffering from a bad elbow and mega hype.....which means Bob Costas is back on the suicide watch list.

Boo frickin' hoo.

Washington Post says Tommy Johns, out for at least a year

Triplelefthook
08-27-2010, 09:33 AM
Wow what a wildly inappropriate screen name

For what it's worth, the Rockies were in a worse position at this same time two years ago before the magic happened....

sixtimeseight
08-27-2010, 09:53 AM
I think you mean three years ago. And yea, they were in a worse position at this point, in fact they were in a worse position on September 14th, when they went on to win 14 of 15 regular season games. Luckily they have an extra two weeks to make up the difference this time around, because they aren't going to win 14 of 15 again.

BMF Bronco
08-27-2010, 09:57 AM
Yeah man, only 4 back in the wildcard and the Phils have once again lost their offense, the Giants are sketchy and the Cards are sliding again!

Triplelefthook
08-27-2010, 10:03 AM
I think you mean three years ago. And yea, they were in a worse position at this point, in fact they were in a worse position on September 14th, when they went on to win 14 of 15 regular season games. Luckily they have an extra two weeks to make up the difference this time around, because they aren't going to win 14 of 15 again.

Three years ago, you're right.

Hogan11
08-27-2010, 10:20 AM
Washington Post says Tommy Johns, out for at least a year

Wow...Costas must've checked himself into Bellevue after he found that out.

It'll be a Real Sports segment within two months max

24champ
08-27-2010, 12:23 PM
Yeah man, only 4 back in the wildcard and the Phils have once again lost their offense, the Giants are sketchy and the Cards are sliding again!

At this point, anyone but the SF Midgets.

TonyR
08-27-2010, 12:32 PM
...the Phils have once again lost their offense...

Unfortunately it's probably only a matter of time before the Phils take over. Probably the best 1-2-3 starters in the NL (Halladay-Oswalt-Hamels) and you figure that Utley-Polanco-Howard-Werth lineup can't stay cold forever. Hope I'm wrong.

SouthStndJunkie
08-27-2010, 01:40 PM
That sucks for Stephen Strasburg and baseball fans....I like watching great players and he was on track to be a great pitcher.

elsid13
08-27-2010, 02:39 PM
I hate the Red Sox and like Damon so I'm glad he did this, but not a very smart move. Wouldn't it have made more sense for him to join a team that has a shot at the playoffs and showcase himself in the postseason for another contract?

He wanted an extension if he made the move, and the Red Sox aren't going to sign him to 2 year deal.

broncocalijohn
08-27-2010, 04:45 PM
He wanted an extension if he made the move, and the Red Sox aren't going to sign him to 2 year deal.

I laugh at Damon as he thought his value was much higher after last season. Just because you played for the Yanks, doesnt mean everyone is going to pay you more than you are worth.

Hogan11
08-27-2010, 07:05 PM
I laugh at Damon as he thought his value was much higher after last season. Just because you played for the Yanks, doesnt mean everyone is going to pay you more than you are worth.

It worked for Hideki Matsui

broncocalijohn
08-30-2010, 05:17 PM
It worked for Hideki Matsui

No way. Hideki getting about 6 million isnt considered over paying him. But if you are the Pirates, everyone in their contract year is going to ask to be overpaid......according to Pirates F.O.

SouthStndJunkie
09-02-2010, 01:59 PM
CC Sabathia won his 19th game today (19-5).

I'm thinking he will probably win the AL Cy Young Award.

bombay
09-02-2010, 02:44 PM
The wheels are all the way off for the Cardinals. Even Wainwright and Carpenter can't stop the slide.

SouthStndJunkie
09-04-2010, 05:57 PM
Jim Thome went yard twice tonight.

That gives him 20 HRs on the year in only 237 at bats.

What a deal for the Twins....a great leader and clutch production for only 1.5 million dollars.

With 584 career HRs, he should get to 600 HRs if he plays next year.

bombay
09-07-2010, 10:42 AM
Absolutely loved watching the Rockies knock around the latest ESPN superstar who hasn't done a thing at the major league level - Aroldis Chapman. Three straight hits, then a wild pitch, but none of the runs were charged to him.

Go Rocks! Sweep cinciwhatever. And go Cargo. Four home runs back, one RBI, and way ahead in BA in his triple crown bid.

Tombstone RJ
09-07-2010, 10:46 AM
Anyone think the Rockies will make the post season?

bombay
09-07-2010, 11:31 AM
Yes.

Paladin
09-07-2010, 12:00 PM
The Pauders are just imploding (and we fart in their general direction, don't we?). The Lose Again Dudgers are mailing it in. Sounds like it may be between the Rockies and the Giants.....

But who knows? The Rox have been so up and down this year and the Giants seem to have power outages at the wrong times......

Tombstone RJ
09-07-2010, 08:06 PM
Rockies are beating Cincy... Cincy is a good team, they destroyed the cards...

Tombstone RJ
09-07-2010, 08:28 PM
Houston Street... gotta have 'it' for a post season run...

Rockies have won 5 straight...

bombay
09-07-2010, 10:04 PM
Rockies are beating Cincy... Cincy is a good team, they destroyed the cards...

Cincy is a good team, but they're are 4-11 against the Cardinals this season. I question your definition of 'destroyed'.

Tombstone RJ
09-08-2010, 09:11 AM
Cincy is a good team, but they're are 4-11 against the Cardinals this season. I question your definition of 'destroyed'.

Didn't they just do a 4 game sweep of the Cards, or I'm I confused with another series?

TheChamp24
09-08-2010, 12:38 PM
Carlos Gonzalez has a shot at the triple crown if he can keep this up

Paladin
09-08-2010, 09:07 PM
Lose Again Dudgers are playing like a bunch of girlieboys.

Rox are tough right now.....

Tulo hits two out......

spdirty
09-08-2010, 09:45 PM
Effin Dodgers always know how to screw us. Oh well, at least Zona finally came through.

strafen
09-08-2010, 10:33 PM
Houston Street... gotta have 'it' for a post season run...

Rockies have won 5 straight...

I couldn't agree more.
That's their weakest link.
They're not solid in that department, but they seem to be holding their own in the last 3 weeks or so.
They're playing great baseball right now.
That sweep of the Padres was huge!

Paladin
09-09-2010, 04:58 PM
Rockies sweep the Reds.... Chris Nelson stole home for the winner.....

Come from a 5-0 deficit to win 6-5.

Exciting baseball.......

Paladin
09-09-2010, 07:14 PM
More info. Nelson's steal was the start of a Squeeze Play, but the LH pitcher didn't throw the ball, and did not see him going home. By the time he "woke up", Nelson was pass the catcher.....

Amazing. I'll bet Dusty went nuts in the clubhouse......

spdirty
09-09-2010, 08:02 PM
You can just never count these ****ers out. What a fun season, I hope like hell we make the playoffs.

Paladin
09-13-2010, 03:58 PM
Will the Rox pound on the Puders tonight? If Rox win they wil be one-halfr game behind both Puders and Midgets.....

Phenonmenal......

And we fart in the general direction of the Puders.......

worm
09-13-2010, 09:03 PM
Padres folding like a cheap tent....but not tonight. Come on Rox do your job! Giants need 1st all to themselves.

SouthStndJunkie
09-15-2010, 02:00 PM
Tulo has 2 HRs and 7 RBIs through 5.5 innings today.

crush17
09-15-2010, 02:06 PM
TULO!!!!

What a freaking badass.

worm
09-15-2010, 02:11 PM
I am surprised this thread doesn't get more play considering the great race in the West that the Rox are part of. This will be a great stretch run that fans will be treated too.

Paladin
09-15-2010, 03:47 PM
Puders' unis look like used baby Nappys.....

The Puders will lose three out of four to the Cards.....

Giants will win the West.

extralife
09-15-2010, 03:50 PM
Tulo has 2 HRs and 7 RBIs through 5.5 innings today.

at this point I'm pretty sure Tulo could just close his eyes and swing at every pitch and things would end up pretty good

bendog
09-15-2010, 03:52 PM
I am surprised this thread doesn't get more play considering the great race in the West that the Rox are part of. This will be a great stretch run that fans will be treated too.

With the last two games I'm trying not to comment. or cut myself.

bronco militia
09-15-2010, 03:53 PM
http://www.drewlitton.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/9.gif

SpringStein
09-15-2010, 04:02 PM

I have totally given up on the Rockies this year...at least five times now. ;)

broncocalijohn
09-15-2010, 04:20 PM
I have totally given up on the Rockies this year...at least five times now. ;)

I guess you didnt learn your lesson from a couple of seasons ago. Damn bandwagoner!

TheChamp24
09-15-2010, 08:54 PM
Rockies keep on getting our hopes up, then crushing them. Before the All Star break to get within a game, then lose what 10 of 12 games or something. Then they had a little run, then back to losing, and now they have had a great run. Will they finish it out though, or crap the bed?

To be honest though, I'd be afraid to face the Phillies in the playoffs. Halladay, Oswalt, Hamels in the rotation with that lineup, yikes.

spdirty
09-15-2010, 09:01 PM
To be honest though, I'd be afraid to face the Phillies in the playoffs. Halladay, Oswalt, Hamels in the rotation with that lineup, yikes.

Phillies will be tough, no doubt. But we have already lit up Halladay and beaten Oswalt. Best hope I think is that the Giants get the WC, we get the division, and the Giants pitching goes lights out against Philly and wins some 3-2 games.

But before thinking that far ahead, I'm just enjoying the race, and the fact that for the next 2 weeks, tomorrow is always the most important game of the year.

WABronco
09-15-2010, 10:01 PM
Hogan, how are you still watching baseball? I've completely lost interest, and Seattle's only been ****ty for the last 8 years or so.

SoCalBronco
09-15-2010, 10:25 PM
I'm so disappointed in how this team has basically pissed everything away in the last month. Chris Sale is a monster, though.

Paladin
09-17-2010, 08:09 AM
Puders are faiing. Lose Again Dudgers remain impotent.

Unfortunately, Rox may not be able to capitaize on the sorry state of the West.......

Giants stumble into the post season; get hammered badly.......

Braves arn't.

Phillies and Whoever.......

What a dreary WS......

TonyR
09-17-2010, 08:15 AM
Unfortunately it's probably only a matter of time before the Phils take over. Probably the best 1-2-3 starters in the NL (Halladay-Oswalt-Hamels) and you figure that Utley-Polanco-Howard-Werth lineup can't stay cold forever. Hope I'm wrong.

I wasn't.

24champ
09-17-2010, 02:29 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=Aj4rnSRxEGF3GnRvycJv3ao5nYcB?slug=ti-torre091710

Joe Torre won't be back as Dodgers manager, will be replaced by Don Mattingly. I was hoping the Dodgers would fire Coletti and tell Torre to take a hike. Bring in Wallach (Albuquerque Manager) and promote either Ng or Logan White.

Natedog24
09-17-2010, 07:15 PM
I was hoping the Dodgers would fire Coletti and tell Torre to take a hike. Bring in Wallach (Albuquerque Manager) and promote either Ng or Logan White.

Me too :nono:

spdirty
09-17-2010, 09:29 PM
Shaping up to be an awesome night for the Rox, so long as we hang on and Milwaukee hangs on Ubaldo gets 19, and we pick up a game on both of em. :)

And thanks for sucking Broxton.

RhymesayersDU
09-17-2010, 09:51 PM
WHEW.

Just worked out of a horrendous situation. Go Rockies!

spdirty
09-17-2010, 10:39 PM
WHEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And Ubaldo gets his 19TH!!! And the Rockies are 1 1/2 out! !Booya!

Paladin
09-17-2010, 11:24 PM
I guess the highly vaunted pitching staff of the puders went missing tonight. 14-4?

As I said, the Cards are tough at home. Still and again, it is a long road for the Rox this year.

But it is fun to watch.......

spdirty
09-18-2010, 09:13 AM
I guess the highly vaunted pitching staff of the puders went missing tonight. 14-4?

As I said, the Cards are tough at home. Still and again, it is a long road for the Rox this year.

But it is fun to watch.......

Hopefully by the time that series rolls around they decide to play their younguns and see what they got.

BroncoLifer
09-18-2010, 03:06 PM
Two more bombs for Tulowitzki. He's as hot as any hitter I've seen.

SouthStndJunkie
09-18-2010, 03:12 PM
Two more bombs for Tulowitzki. He's as hot as any hitter I've seen.

Dude is raking like a madman lately.

Paladin
09-18-2010, 08:48 PM
Giants lose 2-1. Giants and Puders tied and Rox one game behind.

This is a horse race......

SouthStndJunkie
09-21-2010, 09:10 PM
There are 2 20 game winners so far in CC Sabathia and Roy Halladay.

There are 7 other pitchers that have a shot at the 20 win mark.

There were no 20 game winners in the 2009 season.

SouthStndJunkie
09-21-2010, 09:19 PM
Jim Thome has had an awesome year for the Twins for being a part time player who signed for only $1.5 million.

In only 271 ABs he is batting .280 with 25 HRs and 59 RBIs with an OPS of 1.043, which would be second to Josh Hamilton if he had enough plate appearances.

He now has 589 career HRs and will probably come back to get to the 600 HR mark in 2011.

That would make him a lock for the Hall of Fame.

spdirty
09-22-2010, 07:43 PM
Thank you Cubbies! Now Rox bats, please do NOT pretend the game is over because you have a 4-1 lead. I wish we could get 6 more runs and pull Ubaldo after 80 pitches so we can maybe use him Sunday.

spdirty
09-22-2010, 07:44 PM

TheChamp24
09-22-2010, 08:50 PM
Rockies inability to beat the weak teams and win on the road killed them this year. I don't see them going to the postseason now.
If they lose tonight, they will have lost 4 of the series against the DBacks this year, and at best go 10-8 against them. That is terrible, especially considering the fact they only have 6 series against them. They needed to go like 13-5 against the likes of the DBacks, and heck the Pirates kicked their butts too.

spdirty
09-22-2010, 09:40 PM

SouthStndJunkie
09-23-2010, 11:23 AM
TORONTO -- Blue Jays outfielder Jose Bautista hit his major league-leading 50th home run Thursday, a first-inning solo blast off Seattle Mariners right-hander Felix Hernandez.

SouthStndJunkie
09-23-2010, 11:37 AM
TORONTO -- Seattle's Ichiro Suzuki became the first player with 10 straight 200-hit seasons Thursday, breaking his record with a single to center in the fifth inning of the Mariners' game against the Toronto Blue Jays.

Suzuki, whose 200 hits are the most in the majors, closed in on the mark with a two-out double to left off Blue Jays right-hander Shawn Hill in the third.

Hogan11
09-23-2010, 02:42 PM
Hogan, how are you still watching baseball? I've completely lost interest, and Seattle's only been ****ty for the last 8 years or so.

That's my team, I watch them to the end just like the Broncos, no matter how bad they are. Hanging thru the bad seasons is all part of the deal to me.

SouthStndJunkie
09-24-2010, 05:49 PM
That's my team, I watch them to the end just like the Broncos, no matter how bad they are. Hanging thru the bad seasons is all part of the deal to me.

Word....I've had plenty of seasons like that with my Tigers.

At least this year, I get to watch and see if they can finish above the .500 mark and see if Miguel Cabrera can win the AL MVP and Justin Verlander can win 20 games.

SouthStndJunkie
09-24-2010, 05:50 PM
Adam Wainwright won his 20th game this year for St. Louis.

phillybroncosnut
09-24-2010, 06:08 PM
Should be a hell of a debate for NL Cy Young this year..... (AL too)

phillybroncosnut
09-24-2010, 06:09 PM
Dont get to upset Rox fans, if the Rox dont make it. The NL is already over..... No one will beat H2O in a series

WABronco
09-24-2010, 06:14 PM

Well, I'd go nuts if I watched the games they're putting out there on a daily basis.

Also, anyone not think Felix is the AL Cy?

Hogan11
09-24-2010, 06:14 PM
Word....I've had plenty of seasons like that with my Tigers.

At least this year, I get to watch and see if they can finish above the .500 mark and see if Miguel Cabrera can win the AL MVP and Justin Verlander can win 20 games.

For me, it's to see if there's anyone worth salvaging on the entire pitching staff. I'm already braced for all the sub-Leno 100+ loss jokes.

Hogan11
09-24-2010, 06:16 PM
Well, I'd go nuts if I watched the games they're putting out there on a daily basis.

Also, anyone not think Felix is the AL Cy?

If the Broncos only won 4 games by late December, would you still watch them play?

phillybroncosnut
09-24-2010, 06:20 PM
If the Broncos only won 4 games by late December, would you still watch them play?

I would.... no doubt. Not only would I watch, I would fly to Denver to watch them. I did it in '99

And NO, Felix wont win the Cy

WABronco
09-24-2010, 06:21 PM

Of course.

Maybe not if they were playing day-in-day-out.

I still pay attention to the boxscores and such, but I just can't take anymore 3 hour long 1-0 snooze-fests. I think part of it is also a bit of a subconscious reaction to how they treated Wakamatsu, too. New year always brings new hope, though.

WABronco
09-24-2010, 06:22 PM
I would.... no doubt.

And NO, Felix wont win the Cy

Surely, being numero in every meaningful statistic outside of W's should count for something? How 'bout having FOURTEEN RUNS of support in his twelve losses?

Hogan11
09-24-2010, 06:25 PM
I would.... no doubt. Not only would I watch, I would fly to Denver to watch them. I did it in '99

In all actuality, now's the time to go for max deals....but things made it so I wouldn't be in town again till October, so I've seen all the live Bucs games I'm going to this year.

SouthStndJunkie
09-24-2010, 06:34 PM
The Tigers have been forced to play a lot of rookies this year and I've enjoyed watching them progress.

I think they have a few keepers out of the bunch.

SouthStndJunkie
09-24-2010, 06:52 PM
Miguel Cabrera has a good chance to win the AL MVP Award, with Josh Hamilton missing the last month of the season with injuries.

Miggy went yard tonight. He is batting: .329 on the year with 108 runs scored, 45 doubles, 36 HRs, 122 RBIs, and an OPS of 1.039.

He would have a lot more RBIs, but the last half of the year he has had nobody around him to protect him in the lineup.

As a result, he is close to setting the all-time American League record for intentional walks in a season.

SouthStndJunkie
09-24-2010, 07:04 PM
The Tigers beat the Twins 10-1 tonight....78-75 on the year.

Justin Verlander pitched a complete game with 11 Ks tonight.

He should have had the shutout, but some shoddy defense in the 9th inning gave the Twins an unearned run.

JV's had a nice year and has a shot at 20 wins.

18-8 on the year with 209 Ks and an ERA of 3.31.

He is an old school workhorse who is not afraid to got out there and throw 120+ pitches in a start.

Man-Goblin
09-24-2010, 08:20 PM
RIP Rockies season. While they didn't live up to expectations they were definitely fun to watch this year. Lots of young players and it looks like they have a bright future. Hopefully, ownership ponies up and keeps the talent.

Paladin
09-24-2010, 09:54 PM
RIP Rockies season. While they didn't live up to expectations they were definitely fun to watch this year. Lots of young players and it looks like they have a bright future. Hopefully, ownership ponies up and keeps the talent.

Word.

broncocalijohn
09-25-2010, 05:00 PM
Surely, being numero in every meaningful statistic outside of W's should count for something? How 'bout having FOURTEEN RUNS of support in his twelve losses?

Have you seen Jered Weaver's run support this year?

broncocalijohn
09-25-2010, 05:11 PM
Miguel Cabrera has a good chance to win the AL MVP Award, with Josh Hamilton missing the last month of the season with injuries.

Miggy went yard tonight. He is batting: .329 on the year with 108 runs scored, 45 doubles, 36 HRs, 122 RBIs, and an OPS of 1.039.

He would have a lot more RBIs, but the last half of the year he has had nobody around him to protect him in the lineup.

As a result, he is close to setting the all-time American League record for intentional walks in a season.

Dont you mean Brandon Wood, 3rd baseman for the Angels?
76 Games, 232 ABs, 33 hits, 20 runs, 2 DBs, 4 HRs and 14 RBIs to go with a .153 average and a .181 OBP? You did mean MSP Award. You can figure out the S part. I can say I knew (from what I saw since 1997) that he would be another bust like Dallas McPherson or Todd Greene. At least Figgins isnt doing so hot right now in Seattle.

WABronco
09-28-2010, 11:54 AM
http://cdn1.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/604006/196240_mariners_rangers_baseball.jpg

worm
09-29-2010, 11:19 AM
Giants up 2 in the West with 5 to play. Padres doing their best Charger impersonation and folding at the end.

I am hoping SF can make some noise in the playoffs.

Hogan11
09-29-2010, 12:27 PM
The Bucs secured that #1 draft pick Baby!! Ha!

worm
10-01-2010, 08:09 AM
Magic number is 1!

Pretty proud of this team. They have been resilient and had much better bats this year than I forsaw going in.

Time for them to get on a roll, take down the Phils in the NLCS, pick up a pennant and go on to win their 1st WS in SF.

TonyR
10-01-2010, 08:25 AM
Time for them to get on a roll, take down the Phils in the NLCS, pick up a pennant and go on to win their 1st WS in SF.

I'd love to see it but I don't think anybody is stopping the Phillies. Best 1-2-3 starters in MLB and considerably better bats than SF.

worm
10-01-2010, 08:49 AM
I'd love to see it but I don't think anybody is stopping the Phillies. Best 1-2-3 starters in MLB and considerably better bats than SF.

Would be a great series. Giants era in Sept was 1.78, the lowest for any month for any club since the 60s. They are peaking at the right time.

The bats are considerably better for the Phils but in a NLCS....pitching is what counts. If the Giants continue their roll from Sept, I think they can take down the Phillies.

TheChamp24
10-01-2010, 11:11 AM
Would be a great series. Giants era in Sept was 1.78, the lowest for any month for any club since the 60s. They are peaking at the right time.

The bats are considerably better for the Phils but in a NLCS....pitching is what counts. If the Giants continue their roll from Sept, I think they can take down the Phillies.

You talk about pitching well the Phillies match the Giants in pitching if not better. Perennial All Star/CY winner in Roy Halladay, All Star Roy Oswalt, Cole Hamels who is an All Star quality. Add in a veteran bullpen with a good closer, yikes.
I honestly feel nobody can beat the Phillies in the NL. The Giants don't have the bats to. If Atlanta wins the Wild Card, I think the Phillies edge the Giants 3-2 in the NLDS and crush the Braves or Reds in the NLCS.

TonyR
10-01-2010, 11:34 AM
I honestly feel nobody can beat the Phillies in the NL.

I reluctantly have to agree. And I'll take it further: the Phils will win the World Series.

worm
10-01-2010, 11:38 AM
You talk about pitching well the Phillies match the Giants in pitching if not better. Perennial All Star/CY winner in Roy Halladay, All Star Roy Oswalt, Cole Hamels who is an All Star quality. Add in a veteran bullpen with a good closer, yikes.
I honestly feel nobody can beat the Phillies in the NL. The Giants don't have the bats to. If Atlanta wins the Wild Card, I think the Phillies edge the Giants 3-2 in the NLDS and crush the Braves or Reds in the NLCS.

I think if it falls out like it looks....the Giants will have the Braves in the NLDS and the Phils have the Reds.

Clearly the Phils are the front runners but I think if any other team in the NL has a chance against them...it is the Giants. Both teams are very hot right now. however, the Giants pitchers this last month have been more than hot....they have been historical.

A Giants-Phillies NLCS is what I am hoping for.

This is the best time of year as a sports fan. NFL and NCAA football in full swing. NBA\NCAA Basketball and NHL Hockey getting set for their seasons where possibilities are endless for all teams. Plus October baseball.

Hogan11
10-01-2010, 04:55 PM
Anybody but the Reds

Killericon
10-01-2010, 05:09 PM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/95RzmDD2MGU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/95RzmDD2MGU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

broncocalijohn
10-01-2010, 05:26 PM
The Bucs secured that #1 draft pick Baby!! Ha!

You get to say this every year (or #2 pick). Get that team to spend money as it was reported in August that the year before they made $29 million. Time to step up and compete. No more excuses for the bucs.

Hogan11
10-01-2010, 05:27 PM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/95RzmDD2MGU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/95RzmDD2MGU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Ha! Yup, as bad as The Bucs season was, owning the Cubs almost made it totally worthwhile.

Hogan11
10-01-2010, 05:28 PM
You get to say this every year (or #2 pick). Get that team to spend money as it was reported in August that the year before they made $29 million. Time to step up and compete. No more excuses for the bucs.

You just copied and pasted this response from last year's thread, didn't you?

broncocalijohn
10-01-2010, 05:44 PM
You just copied and pasted this response from last year's thread, didn't you?

no, because i didnt know about the millions made from the previous year. At least u had your way against the Cubbies.

SouthStndJunkie
10-03-2010, 05:40 PM
The Tigers finish out the year at 81-81.

They were 80-75....no excuse not to finish up with a winning record.

SouthStndJunkie
10-03-2010, 05:40 PM
Big win for Atlanta.

The Giants and Atlanta are in the playoffs.

24champ
10-03-2010, 07:30 PM
My predictions...

American League Division

Rays vs Rangers- Rays in 4 games.

Yankees vs Twins- Yankees in 3 games.

National League Division

Reds vs Phillies- Reds in 5

Midgets vs Braves- Braves in 5

ALCS

Yankees vs Rays- Yankees in 7 games.

NLCS

Reds vs Braves- Braves in 6.

World Series

Braves vs Yankees- Yankees in 5

Sidenote: As someone with no horse in this race.There's really nobody to root for, other than the Braves with Bobby Cox retiring. Then there's the Yankees and Midgets, who I hate. Other than that, pretty boring group.

WolfpackGuy
10-03-2010, 07:53 PM
I'm a Yankees fan, and they've pretty much just been treading water here lately.

The hitting has gone on vacation and Rivera is shakier than I can ever remember.

Burnett and Vasquez are unreliable at best and Pettite is a question mark after missing so much time.

Luckily, their late season swoon put them up against Minnesota. The Twins aren't a gimme, but I'd rather see them than Texas' Cliff Lee twice.

SoCalBronco
10-03-2010, 08:05 PM
As a White Sox fan, all I really want is for the Twinkies to get dumped by the Yanks in the divisional series.

baja
10-03-2010, 08:07 PM
As a White Sox fan, all I really want is for the Twinkies to get dumped by the Yanks in the divisional series.

LOL we missed you on the Bears game thread. Surprised you weren't there cheering on your favorite player in all the NFL. Where were you anyway?

SoCalBronco
10-03-2010, 08:22 PM
LOL we missed you on the Bears game thread. Surprised you weren't there cheering on your favorite player in all the NFL. Where were you anyway?

Watching Wall Street: Money never sleeps.

24champ
10-03-2010, 11:59 PM
I'm a Yankees fan, and they've pretty much just been treading water here lately.

The hitting has gone on vacation and Rivera is shakier than I can ever remember.

Burnett and Vasquez are unreliable at best and Pettite is a question mark after missing so much time.

Luckily, their late season swoon put them up against Minnesota. The Twins aren't a gimme, but I'd rather see them than Texas' Cliff Lee twice.

I've seen this story before, the Yankees just have a knack of turning it on during the playoffs. They are clutch when they need to be, and that's critical in October. I see them going all the way, unfortunately.

I hope the Midgets get swept, so I can laugh at their expense.

worm
10-04-2010, 07:32 AM

They are headed for the NLCS. A Laker championship, a Giant WS and a Bronco playoff game. Its the year of the Worm.

TonyR
10-04-2010, 07:42 AM
Reds vs Phillies- Reds in 5

LOL!!! I hate the Phils so I'd love for you to be right but there's no chance of this happening. Phillies are going to win the World Series.

TonyR
10-04-2010, 07:44 AM

Spot on. I'm also a Yankees fan but have very little confidence this postseason.

Champagne Powder
10-04-2010, 10:38 AM
Spot on. I'm also a Yankees fan but have very little confidence this postseason.

I would guess because of Andy Pettitte (hasn't been the same since coming back), Phil Hughes and A.J. Burnett?

TheChamp24
10-04-2010, 11:36 AM

Twins have a fantastic home field advantage, as well as having a stud ace in Liriano when he's on.
However, the key to this is the Twins offense. If they had Morneau, I'd give them the series win, however they don't and I think the Yankees will squeak out a 3-2 series victory.

TonyR
10-04-2010, 12:07 PM
I would guess because of Andy Pettitte (hasn't been the same since coming back), Phil Hughes and A.J. Burnett?

Yup, hard to do much in the postseason with one reliable starter.

phillybroncosnut
10-04-2010, 02:28 PM
I've seen this story before, the Yankees just have a knack of turning it on during the playoffs. They are clutch when they need to be, and that's critical in October. I see them going all the way, unfortunately.

Braves have zero shot at sweeping the Giants. But dont worry, the Phillies will spank the Giants around just like we owned your sorry arse Dodgers the past couple years in the Playoffs :strong:

SouthStndJunkie
10-07-2010, 09:23 PM
Tim Lincecum was filthy tonight against Atlanta.

Complete game shutout - 2 hitter with 1 walk and 14 Ks.

RMT
10-08-2010, 01:39 AM
Tim Lincecum was filthy tonight against Atlanta.

Complete game shutout - 2 hitter with 1 walk and 14 Ks.

yeah, it's a shame the game boiled down to a blown call at 2nd base.

worm
10-12-2010, 07:46 AM
Lincecum vs Halladay on Sat. Should be a classic. Hits much less runs will be very hard to come by.

Loved the Giants gesture to Bobby Cox last night after they won. Very classy moment to a guy that has been in baseball and in Atlanta for a very long time.

phillybroncosnut
10-12-2010, 01:50 PM
Worm... I posted this on my "welcome to Doctober" thread but I dont think you got it. Ill post it here:

"Alright Worm.... I just wanted to make sure you weren't a Met or Yankee fan talking weak smack. I respect the Giants alot. their offense is alot better since the additions of Posey, and dare I say, Pat the Bat....
Lincicum and Cain are gonna be tough as hell and I'm glad if we face off, we get them in Philly. It will be tough to get alot of scoring chances if they pitched in SF with the bigger sized ball park, the cold, mist/rain, and wind. I guess it just depends how quickly you oust the braves. I dont see the Braves hanging at all with the Giants. I see a sweep or maybe Giants in 4.
To be honest, I'd love to see the Giants. I always want the best team left. I want a great series. Thank god no Dodgers this year. We kicked their a$$es so bad, it got rather boring.
Good luck Worm... hope we see each other the next round "

worm
10-13-2010, 11:18 AM
Good call on how the Giants\Braves Series played out Philly! You were on point.

Here is to an exciting NLCS.

Let me know if you want to bet a local sixer on the Series for fun. Would happily send you a six-pack of Abita Beer if the Giants go down to your Phils.