PDA

View Full Version : I am still not over the Jax playoff loss

Spider
12-03-2009, 08:34 PM
Sitting there talkin ball with some guys in Flagstaff ari , when a pretty young woman popped off with I am a jax jag fan ......... My heart filled up with hate , Michale Dean Perry memories came rushing back ........ Maybe I need therapy ..........

Los Broncos
12-03-2009, 08:37 PM
It may take many more years to forget about that game, but with proper counseling and patience I believe it is possible.

Spider
12-03-2009, 08:49 PM
It may take many more years to forget about that game, but with proper counseling and patience I believe it is possible.

I sure hope so :D .......

HAT
12-03-2009, 08:54 PM
Me neither brother.....January 4th, my birthday. Can't think of another loss that pissed me off more. The three-peat that never was.

:thumbsdow

snowspot66
12-03-2009, 10:43 PM
I'll never forget that one. I still hate those ****ers.

ak1971
12-03-2009, 10:46 PM
Sitting there talkin ball with some guys in Flagstaff ari , when a pretty young woman popped off with I am a jax jag fan ......... My heart filled up with hate , Michale Dean Perry memories came rushing back ........ Maybe I need therapy ..........

lay off the meth

Tombstone RJ
12-03-2009, 10:49 PM

You should have shown her the nekid lady mud flaps on your rig, she would have understood your pain much better.

Pseudofool
12-03-2009, 10:52 PM
flagstaff is awesome, great town, lived there for years, good times

tsiguy96
12-03-2009, 11:04 PM
how do you not get bored out of your damn mind when driving? i hate driving 3 hours to school. doesnt it get really old?

SonOfLe-loLang
12-03-2009, 11:22 PM
That was the last time I was at MIle High. no fun

SJ Bronco
12-03-2009, 11:32 PM
You guys realize that game may have kept us from getting 3 in a row?

strafen
12-03-2009, 11:35 PM
Sitting there talkin ball with some guys in Flagstaff ari , when a pretty young woman popped off with I am a jax jag fan ......... My heart filled up with hate , Michale Dean Perry memories came rushing back ........ Maybe I need therapy ..........What bothers me the most is that we had a solid and legitimate chance to win 3 SB's in a row.
Man, I get sick of just thinking about it!

Taco John
12-03-2009, 11:50 PM
Watching Tony Boselli and Mark Brunell's careers spiral in relative obscurity gave me the revenge feeling that helped me get over it. It's hard for me to believe that Brunell is in his 17th year in the NFL. Makes me feel old for sure.

Wes Mantooth
12-03-2009, 11:52 PM
Perry is still trying to get off the field. Never forgive him. That Packer team was signifigantly weaker than the 97 team.

Taco John
12-03-2009, 11:53 PM
Speaking of the Jaguars, how does Jack Del Rio keep a job?

All this talk of Shanahan going to Dallas or San Diego - I'll tell you what... I wouldn't be suprised to see him with full control of the Jaguars next year, running MoJo Drew. I know he likes MoJo.

strafen
12-03-2009, 11:53 PM
Watching Tony Boselli and Mark Brunell's careers spiral in relative obscurity gave me the revenge feeling that helped me get over it. It's hard for me to believe that Brunell is in his 17th year in the NFL. Makes me feel old for sure.That was a fluke win.
That was just a freak accident no meant to have happened

I've been hating that Jax ever since. Damn, I'm pissed all over again! Uhh

BABronco
12-04-2009, 12:02 AM
Luckily I am young enough not to remember it.

The only downside to that is i vaguely remember any of the superbowl victories. I remember the Helicopter... the Ed hit and the after party. I was living in Wisconsin during the first win... I was easily the most hated kid in school... might have to do with the fact i was sporting an Elway jersey the next day.

Bronco Bob
12-04-2009, 12:04 AM
We crushed them like a bug in the playoffs the next year and went on to win the Super Bowl, so it's all good.

310 rushing yards and 511 total yards of offense, with Terrell Davis alone rushing for 184 yards and 2 touchdowns. Final score 42-17.

Sassy
12-04-2009, 12:04 AM

I think Elway would have retired.

BABronco
12-04-2009, 12:11 AM

Anyone think we could have won another superbowl without Elway and with TD (healthy) Shannon, Smith, Ed and the rest of the gang?

I'd have to say that those two teams have to be top ten greatest teams of all time.

So could any other QB have managed to pull it off?

Borks147
12-04-2009, 12:13 AM

+1

He would've retired after 2 in a row any way you slice it. Although, even Bubby mightve won a superbowl with that team in 98

strafen
12-04-2009, 12:16 AM
+1

He would've retired after 2 in a row any way you slice it. Although, even Bubby mightve won a superbowl with that team in 98That's true, considering that we had a fairly good chance to still win 3 in a row had he not retired...

ColoradoDarin
12-04-2009, 05:54 AM
We crushed them like a bug in the playoffs the next year and went on to win the Super Bowl, so it's all good.

310 rushing yards and 511 total yards of offense, with Terrell Davis alone rushing for 184 yards and 2 touchdowns. Final score 42-17.

Yep, I was over it when we stomped the crap out of them the next year. It would not have been so sweet without the "Revenge Tour"

ColoradoDarin
12-04-2009, 05:55 AM
That's true, considering that we had a fairly good chance to still win 3 in a row had he not retired...

Stupid Steve Young retiring when Shanny wanted to bring him in in 1999.

Meck77
12-04-2009, 05:59 AM
Did ya break her jaw spider?

B-Love
12-04-2009, 06:18 AM
We lost our orange unis cause of that game.

We win the bowl that year and the unis never would've changed.

"The Day the Orange Died"

worm
12-04-2009, 06:27 AM
Watching Tony Boselli and Mark Brunell's careers spiral in relative obscurity gave me the revenge feeling that helped me get over it. It's hard for me to believe that Brunell is in his 17th year in the NFL. Makes me feel old for sure.

I am constantly amazed when I see Brunell with the Saints now...that THIS is the same guy that ran all over our D that day. Hard to believe...even when you factor in Time.

vancejohnson82
12-04-2009, 07:14 AM
i hate Natrone Means

cutthemdown
12-04-2009, 07:17 AM
Me neither brother.....January 4th, my birthday. Can't think of another loss that pissed me off more. The three-peat that never was.

:thumbsdow

dude we have same b-day

OrangeDoofus
12-04-2009, 07:26 AM
There are two images that still haunt me when I close my eyes.

One is Clarence Kay making that rolling catch in the Super Bowl against the Giants and getting incorrectly called incomplete.

The other is Michael Dean Perry walking his lazy ass off the field at about 1 mph.

elsid13
12-04-2009, 07:49 AM
I am still bitter about James getting for that pass interference call that wasn't. That pick would have turned the game around.

Hogan11
12-04-2009, 07:53 AM
We lost our orange unis cause of that game.

We win the bowl that year and the unis never would've changed.

"The Day the Orange Died"

I hate them even more now.

I have a strong distaste for anyone Denver lost to in the Super Bowls.

Dallas, Washington, NYG & the 49ers are all eternally dead to me.

vancejohnson82
12-04-2009, 08:00 AM

I just hate specific players from those teams...

Phil Simms
Timmy Smith
Doug Williams
Joe Morris
Joe Montana
John Taylor

for some reason those are the guys that stick out to me....i wasnt alive for the Dallas loss but after reading that book '77, I hate them as well

Spider
12-04-2009, 08:17 AM

Yep .......... without doubt .......... b

Spider
12-04-2009, 08:18 AM
but that jagoff game hurt :D

Peoples Champ
12-04-2009, 09:10 AM
dude, shake it off, if she is pretty, then get er done!

Garcia Bronco
12-04-2009, 09:27 AM
2 Super Bowls and crushing them in the revenge tour and I am over it.

Rabb
12-04-2009, 09:51 AM
I won't ever forget that game, I just got home to visit my folks on leave (Navy) and was all excited to watch the game with the old man

god damnit thanks for bringing it up

Smiling Assassin27
12-04-2009, 09:57 AM
i still throw random things at the TV whenever I hear the name Tony Boselli...and when I see Woody Paige for a number of reasons, one being that he called the Jaguars the Jagwads virtually crushing any karmic advantage we may have had. Not to mention pissing off the Jagwads something awful.

DenverBroncosJM
12-04-2009, 10:59 AM

Not so sure I think Elway still retires after the second one

crawdad
12-04-2009, 03:35 PM

Same here my friend!

crawdad
12-04-2009, 03:38 PM
Do you guys recall the days when, they had a Sports Bar in Denver and the would set up a TV for Monday night football, when Howard Cosell showed his face on TV someone from the bar would throw a brick through the TV screen.

Spider
12-04-2009, 05:59 PM
Do you guys recall the days when, they had a Sports Bar in Denver and the would set up a TV for Monday night football, when Howard Cosell showed his face on TV someone from the bar would throw a brick through the TV screen.

yes I do , so they made rubber bricks to throw at the TV when Cosell came on:thumbs:

OCBronco
12-04-2009, 09:22 PM
Agreed, brother. That Jags loss is still one of the bitterest I can remember.

The only ones that bother me more are the two Superbowl losses to the 49ers and 'Skins.
The fact that the Niners have been pounded into obscurity for the better part of a decade doesn't even begin to heal those old wounds....

Alright, I'm going to stop writing the rest of this post before I start drinking myself into a coma.

kappys
12-04-2009, 09:40 PM
Strange I've been assured many times that there are no Jax Jaguar fans. What gives?

crawdad
12-05-2009, 08:50 AM
yes I do , so they made rubber bricks to throw at the TV when Cosell came on:thumbs:

Yes, that did begin the day of rubber things tio throw at the TV.

gunns
12-05-2009, 09:06 AM
Speaking of the Jaguars, how does Jack Del Rio keep a job?

All this talk of Shanahan going to Dallas or San Diego - I'll tell you what... I wouldn't be suprised to see him with full control of the Jaguars next year, running MoJo Drew. I know he likes MoJo.

I've thought the same thing about Shanahan going to Jax. Then they began winning....until San Fran. I don't know how Jax management is looking at this years team and Del Rio, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him go there.

I'm still not over that 97 game either and I doubt all the counseling in the world will help. GB should not have been the SB champs that year, we'd have demolished them. I remember one year later, January 4, 1998, I stressed majorily that it was our unlucky day and there would be a repeat. There wasn't....KC went down, in KC. It was great!

gunns
12-05-2009, 09:18 AM
I just hate specific players from those teams...

Phil Simms
Timmy Smith
Doug Williams
Joe Morris
Joe Montana
John Taylor

for some reason those are the guys that stick out to me....i wasnt alive for the Dallas loss but after reading that book '77, I hate them as well

I never expected to win the Dallas or San Fran SB's. I had moments of thinking we could but in reality I knew it probably wouldn't happen. The other losses were our teams fault, primarily Dan Reeves. I've begun to hate Simms though, seems like everytime he announces one of our games we lose, plus his offspring this year...yuck. The only player from one of our SB's I have a passionate dislike for is Favre. Cocky little bastard before that SB win, it gave me great pleasure to dash his dreams.

TonyR
12-05-2009, 09:22 AM
One way to look at it is that had we won it all in '96 then '97 wouldn't have been as much fun. We were an underdog Wild Card team, had to win on the road in KC and Pitt, and then weren't given a chance in the Super Bowl. Nothing more fun that winning when you're not expected to and shutting up all the naysayers.

broncocalijohn
12-05-2009, 10:08 AM

better than him telling us about New Town, South Dakota (or was it North Dakota?). That loss sucked but with our two wins in the Super Bowl right after that, most of the players got to revenge that horrible game. I am more pissed about losing to the Steelers now than that game. Super Bowls cured my hate. Let it go, Spider, let it go!

ZONA
12-05-2009, 01:15 PM

Exactly. How in the hell can people not be over that loss. The following year we got our wish and got to play them again and just absolutely destroyed them, and then followed that up with back to back superbowl wins. It was the best ever way to overcome a bad playoff loss like that.

titan
12-05-2009, 01:38 PM
The Pittsburgh AFC championship loss at home was far worse for me (and I was at both games)

DeusExManning
12-05-2009, 03:34 PM

I went to school at NAU

Spider
12-05-2009, 07:37 PM
Exactly. How in the hell can people not be over that loss. The following year we got our wish and got to play them again and just absolutely destroyed them, and then followed that up with back to back superbowl wins. It was the best ever way to overcome a bad playoff loss like that.

it isnt so much the loss genius , it is more of how we lost the game

broncobum6162
12-05-2009, 07:58 PM

I got over it when we did win the 2 Lombardi trophies!

Hogan11
12-05-2009, 08:01 PM
I hold onto grudges for a very long time...what can I say.

Sassy
12-05-2009, 08:01 PM
I hold onto grudges for a very long time...what can I say.

Uh oh...good to know ;D

No1BroncoFan
12-05-2009, 09:41 PM
I've heard it rumored that Elway might have retired after XXXI had they won it all and that the Jax game was a huge motivation to come back after we won it all in XXXII.

B-Love
12-05-2009, 10:03 PM
Everyone thinks we "absolutely destroyed" the Jaguars in the 1997 wild card playoff revenge game. And stat wise we may have.

But that game got pretty scary as well. We dominated to the tune of a 21-3 lead as I remember, but the Wads sacked Elway for a turnover and stole a ball of Rouen's toe for a TD and suddenly it was 21-17. That was the score with about 10 minutes left in the game.

Over he last 10 minutes it was the Derek Loville show, of all people.

But that game got real scary for a while.

gunns
12-05-2009, 10:23 PM
Everyone thinks we "absolutely destroyed" the Jaguars in the 1997 wild card playoff revenge game. And stat wise we may have.

But that game got pretty scary as well. We dominated to the tune of a 21-3 lead as I remember, but the Wads sacked Elway for a turnover and stole a ball of Rouen's toe for a TD and suddenly it was 21-17. That was the score with about 10 minutes left in the game.

OMG that is so true, I thought a repeat was coming.

Popps
12-05-2009, 11:34 PM

We had two backs over 100 yards that day, as I recall.

What a beautiful afternoon that was. :)