PDA

View Full Version : Just saw Rick Reilly on ESPN

UboBronco
12-02-2009, 10:10 PM
He pretty much gave Tiger a pass, and he will be a better man for his transgetions...

BUT... He took Josh over the coals for trading Cutler.. Amazing how those in the media are "holier than though"

Sorry, had to get that off my chest....

I wish the people that cover sports would treat everyone with the same dignigty they all deserve.

I know this thread will die quickly.... but just had to vent... Thanks...

BroncoDoug
12-02-2009, 10:15 PM
the tiger thing will pass... but did he just say that about McD or was that something he said in the offseason?

watermock
12-02-2009, 10:18 PM
We got fair value for Cutler.

How much are they getting for Leinart.

UboBronco
12-02-2009, 10:21 PM
He stated that up until about the fifth week of the season. On the radio shows in Denver mainly, as he is from Denver/Boulder, I think he was really pissed that they let Cutler go, as were many of the fan base.
He just had a forum to humiliate Josh before giving him a chance to prove himself.
But he never has bothered to correct his comments.
I sure wish I were a sports writer, or a weather man, so I did not have to answer for my comments weeks later.

watermock
12-02-2009, 10:23 PM
I''m just astounded he gets a 124 dollar fine.

Nothing.

A paper ticket his lawyer eill handle.

BTW, he DID have a big name retained.

BroncoDoug
12-02-2009, 10:24 PM
I''m just astounded he gets a 124 dollar fine.

Nothing.

A paper ticket his lawyer eill handle.

BTW, he DID have a big name retained.

What should his fine have been?

broncocalijohn
12-02-2009, 10:25 PM
I dont think Rick is that dumb to say publicly now that getting rid of Cutler was a horrible thing to do. If you want dumb on the subject of Cutler, look no farther than Rastaman.

UboBronco
12-02-2009, 10:29 PM
[QUOTE=broncocalijohn;2661632]I dont think Rick is that dumb to say publicly now that getting rid of Cutler was a horrible thing to do. If you want dumb on the subject of Cutler, look no farther than Rastaman.[/QUOTE

He has stated that it was stuped to get rid of a franchise QB... On both Mile High Sports radio and the Fan.

He has not been on since about the 5th week, as he avoids possible conflict.

I will look on both of their websites and see if I can find their interviews from him.

When I find it, I will post here and re-post in a new thread.

BroncoDoug
12-02-2009, 10:43 PM
in Rick's defense, he has had a few articles on espn.com saying how wrong he was about McD...

extralife
12-02-2009, 10:46 PM
He pretty much gave Tiger a pass, and he will be a better man for his transgetions...

BUT... He took Josh over the coals for trading Cutler.. Amazing how those in the media are "holier than though"

Sorry, had to get that off my chest....

I wish the people that cover sports would treat everyone with the same dignigty they all deserve.

I know this thread will die quickly.... but just had to vent... Thanks...

And I wish you would spell words correctly every now and again. You win some, you lose some.

ColoradoDarin
12-03-2009, 07:52 AM
If Reilly likes you then you can do no wrong, if he doesn't like you, you can do no right.

TonyR
12-03-2009, 08:16 AM
I heard Reilly on GMA this morning and he ripped Tiger. Are we talking about the same appearance I saw?

Tombstone RJ
12-03-2009, 09:19 AM
I heard Reilly on GMA this morning and he ripped Tiger. Are we talking about the same appearance I saw?

GMA, what a joke of a show. Complete crap ad nausium.

Television is dead. The entertainment industry has compromised news. Question everything you see on TV. E-VER-Y-THING.

TonyR
12-03-2009, 09:37 AM
GMA, what a joke of a show. Complete crap ad nausium.

Television is dead. The entertainment industry has compromised news. Question everything you see on TV. E-VER-Y-THING.

My wife has it on in the morning getting ready for work. I don't disagree with your comment on TV news but this doesn't change what I heard Reilly say about Tiger contrasting with the OP.

NaptownChief
12-03-2009, 10:57 AM
Chris Rock on fidelity:

"A man is as faithful as his options..."

Hilarious!

The Moops
12-03-2009, 08:38 PM
I wish Rick would use his forum to speak on the behalf of Floyd Little for the Hall of Fame, instead of Tiger. He has always been a huge supporter of Floyd, having watched him play as a kid in Colorado.

Now he has an opportunity to say something to combat all the negative snipes Peter King has been writing on his MMQB blog . . .