PDA

View Full Version : Weekly Power rankings

BroncoDoug
12-01-2009, 11:48 PM
I'm not really gonna disagree with where they put the Broncos, because it doesn't really matter to me much. But I think there should be major kudos to these broncos that have beaten 4 of the top 7 teams in their version of the rankings. Plus we still get to play 2 more from the top 10.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings?year=2009&week=13

btw they have us at 10

cutthemdown
12-02-2009, 01:41 AM
I doubt teams would be eager ta face an underdog Bronco team in the playoffs. When Orton is healthy we are good. I think the broken finger hampered him early, then he got the ankle dinged and misses big chunks of games.

I could easily see us winning that Skins game with a healthy Orton. Also without the finger early we may have scored a few more points.

UberBroncoMan
12-02-2009, 02:00 AM
We've beaten 4-5-6-7... kind of funny.

We've also lost to 26 though.

Win the Redskins game and we're definitely in the playoffs.

Que
12-02-2009, 05:45 AM
I think 10 is right on the money if not just a tad too high. Need to see what team shows up in KC.

Archer81
12-02-2009, 07:58 AM
We've beaten 4-5-6-7... kind of funny.

We've also lost to 26 though.

We'd definately have 8 wins instead of 7, we would still need to win in December to make a playoff run.

:Broncos:

TonyR
12-02-2009, 08:10 AM
Heard Sal Paolantonio on Phila 97.5 ESPN last evening and he said he expects the Eagles to beat the Broncos easily on Dec 27. He specifically said that he expects the Eagles defense to cause Orton trouble.

Heard Alex Marvez on FSR this morning, when asked if he believes in the Broncos after their win over the Giants, say no that he thinks it's more the Giants playing poorly. He said the Broncos are a good team that will probably make the playoffs but they won't go far and will probably lose their first round game. He also said that Indy won't have much trouble with the Broncos in their upcoming game.

So not much respect for the Broncos out there, and perhaps they are right. I hope they get proven wrong!

Also heard Schefter this morning on Mike & Mike say that Shanahan won't take the Bills job, will coach somewhere next year, and that perhaps Gary Kubiak will be his OC if fired by Houston.

Rohirrim
12-02-2009, 08:14 AM
Heard Sal Paolantonio on Phila 97.5 ESPN last evening and he said he expects the Eagles to beat the Broncos easily on Dec 27. He specifically said that he expects the Eagles defense to cause Orton trouble.

Heard Alex Marvez on FSR this morning, when asked if he believes in the Broncos after their win over the Giants, say no that he thinks it's more the Giants playing poorly. He said the Broncos are a good team that will probably make the playoffs but they won't go far and will probably lose their first round game. He also said that Indy won't have much trouble with the Broncos in their upcoming game.

So not much respect for the Broncos out there, and perhaps they are right. I hope they get proven wrong!

Also heard Schefter this morning on Mike & Mike say that Shanahan won't take the Bills job, will coach somewhere next year, and that perhaps Gary Kubiak will be his OC if fired by Houston.

And then they come calling on Dennison and Turner.

Peoples Champ
12-02-2009, 08:19 AM
But I think there should be major kudos to these broncos that have beaten 4 of the top 7 teams in their version of the rankings.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings?year=2009&week=13

btw they have us at 10

Ya I think we can beat just about anybody when we play our best, its just we cant lay an egg like we did against BAL or PITT

TheChamp24
12-02-2009, 08:21 AM
I'd rank us around 10, if not lower. Yes, we've beaten 4 teams in the top 10, but we've lost by 23, 18, 10 and 29 in our losses, not exactly inspiring games to have us rated highly.

outdoor_miner
12-02-2009, 09:10 AM

I like it... It's nice to be the underdog again. This team has proven they can play with anyone when all 3 phases are working together. They've also proven they can lose badly (or to bad teams) when they are not. I'm excited for the rest of this season... This KC game is huge.

TonyR
12-02-2009, 09:19 AM
I like it... It's nice to be the underdog again. This team has proven they can play with anyone when all 3 phases are working together. They've also proven they can lose badly (or to bad teams) when they are not. I'm excited for the rest of this season... This KC game is huge.

Agree 100%.

lazarus4444
12-02-2009, 09:25 AM
Yes, the guys play better when they are not respected so this mid season slide was a cold calculation to lose all the respect they gained so that the Broncos can finish with pizazz!

Borks147
12-02-2009, 09:36 AM

yeah...but too bad so sad - our starting qb was out for basically two games and we lost 2 games, its not too uncommon.

NYBronco
12-02-2009, 01:21 PM
I think 10 is right on the money if not just a tad too high. Need to see what team shows up in KC.

I agree, we always have a tough game in KC.

Atwater His Ass
12-02-2009, 02:33 PM
The lack of "faith" in the Bronocs really isn't about respect. It's about consistency. There's too many "ifs" when talking about Denver competing with the top tier NFL teams, so I don't hold it against anyone who may not be convinced we can hang with a team like Indy.

Pseudofool
12-02-2009, 02:39 PM
The lack of "faith" in the Bronocs really isn't about respect. It's about consistency. There's too many "ifs" when talking about Denver competing with the top tier NFL teams, so I don't hold it against anyone who may not be convinced we can hang with a team like Indy.
Agreed. We were pretty awful for consecutive weeks; that's a blight no matter how well we play from here on out.

Durango
12-02-2009, 03:03 PM
Realistically, the Broncos are a little better than middle of the pack. If this team can crank out ten wins, I think it will be a bigger shocker than Cincinnati's resurgence, and yes, 10 wins would very probably get us in the play-offs. How far we travel beyond that surprising achievement is anyones' guess. These boys hammered some pretty good teams in that 6 week stretch. You never know when a team can catch fire.

Hamrob
12-02-2009, 05:35 PM
The lack of "faith" in the Bronocs really isn't about respect. It's about consistency. There's too many "ifs" when talking about Denver competing with the top tier NFL teams, so I don't hold it against anyone who may not be convinced we can hang with a team like Indy.Of course we can hang with Indy...if we play up to our abilities. The Texans sure did. Take a look at the Colts last 4-5 games...they have been winning close games. I think we definitely have a chance to win the game...if our defense shows up and we can run the ball well.

Bronco Yoda
12-02-2009, 06:16 PM
And then they come calling on Dennison and Turner.

I have nothing but respect and gratitude for Shanahan. Wish him well. But if he comes to strip our coaching staff and any players... I'm going to get seriously pissed. Might change those warm fuzzy feelings I have for coach.