PDA

View Full Version : These Cutler and Peyton Manning comparisons need to stop

The MVPlaya
11-30-2009, 05:41 PM
I'm not sure why everyone is still so obsessed with Cutler other than the fact of his failure is better for us. It seems like there are some fans that would rather see him do well then us getting a better pick. Since this is a hot topic here, I'll chime in by saying that you Cutler groupie's need to stop comparing him to P. Manning.

Is it really necessary to compare Cutler to Manning? I mean the only reason people are drawing parallels is because of interceptions thrown. Do you guys see that? He is being compared because of INTERCEPTIONS!

Why not compare Cutler to other QB's that have thrown massive amounts of INTs? Why Manning? Becuase Manning threw a bunch justifies Cutler's ints? Because Manning threw a bunch means Cutler will be ok?

Manning has done enough where Cutler shouldn't be in the same breath as him.

Archer81
11-30-2009, 05:45 PM
Manning in year 2 had the Colts in the playoffs...there is no comparison between Cutler and Manning.

:Broncos:

Bronx33
11-30-2009, 05:50 PM
who is comparing him to manning??? rex grossman maybe but no way is he remotely lie manning.

Killericon
11-30-2009, 05:53 PM
Because people don't feel like they're being insightful anymore if they compare him to Favre.

Dagmar
11-30-2009, 05:59 PM
I've never heard that comparison.

The MVPlaya
11-30-2009, 06:03 PM
Check the Cutler threads and you'll find Manning's name pop up a couple times.

The Bears forum is worse.

Cutler and Favre are on different spectrums when it comes to attitude and everything other than physical skills.

Northman
11-30-2009, 06:05 PM
I have a Manning/Cutler comparison.

With Manning the Bears are at least 7-4 despite their struggles.

CEH
11-30-2009, 06:42 PM
Manning in year 2 had the Colts in the playoffs...there is no comparison between Cutler and Manning.

:Broncos:

This is my thoughts as well. It's about winning not stats and most franchise QBs saved maybe Fouts has taken over worst teams then Cutler has in DEN and CHI and seen the playoffs by their 2 at worst 3rd year. Cutler is now 6 games under .500

BroncoDoug
11-30-2009, 06:46 PM

Its a huge comparison to any bears fan...

but but but Manning threw 28 picks his rookie year and he turned out alright....

thats the main comparison I hear.

Dagmar
11-30-2009, 06:56 PM
Its a huge comparison to any bears fan...

but but but Manning threw 28 picks his rookie year and he turned out alright....

thats the main comparison I hear.

Jay's in his 4th! :~ohyah!:

BMarsh615
11-30-2009, 07:06 PM
Ryan Leaf never threw 20 INT's in an 11 game stretch before.:spit:

Broncomutt
11-30-2009, 07:14 PM
I have a Manning/Cutler comparison.

With Manning the Bears are at least 7-4 despite their struggles.

If Cutler were piloting the Colts would they be 11-0?

OBF1
11-30-2009, 07:15 PM
I compare Cutler to Grossman.... hell even Orton is better at this point in time.

BroncoDoug
11-30-2009, 07:17 PM
Jay's in his 4th! :~ohyah!:

haha exactly... but I guess then the comparison can be

but but but Manning did throw 23 picks in HIS 4th year...

I don't get the comparisons either...

Rigs11
11-30-2009, 07:18 PM
It's silly isn't it? the cutler cheerleaders around here just can't admit that they were wrong. Hell even the dumbfvcks at espn have already admitted it.

Taco John
11-30-2009, 07:31 PM
I think it would be unfair to compare Cutler to Manning. Manning was a top 2 pick coming from a top program. Cutler was an 11th overall pick coming from a bottom feeding program.

I think the comparison is that despite his pedigree, Manning struggled in his first 5 years and even past that, throwing many 3 and even 4 pick games. And that's without mentioning the struggles that he had in the post season.

steeledude
11-30-2009, 07:39 PM
I'm not sure why everyone is still so obsessed with Cutler other than the fact of his failure is better for us. It seems like there are some fans that would rather see him do well then us getting a better pick. Since this is a hot topic here, I'll chime in by saying that you Cutler groupie's need to stop comparing him to P. Manning.

Is it really necessary to compare Cutler to Manning? I mean the only reason people are drawing parallels is because of interceptions thrown. Do you guys see that? He is being compared because of INTERCEPTIONS!

Why not compare Cutler to other QB's that have thrown massive amounts of INTs? Why Manning? Becuase Manning threw a bunch justifies Cutler's ints? Because Manning threw a bunch means Cutler will be ok?

Manning has done enough where Cutler shouldn't be in the same breath as him.

People do it as a way to show that great quarterbacks struggle early in their careers. Manning struggled up through year 4 with almost 30 picks. To write Cutler off as terrible or "a loser" is to ignore history. Manning isn't the only one. The fact is he can go either way, and some of us are pissed we threw away an extremely talented QB for what appears to be not much at this point. Cutler would be making a far greater impact than Orton and the draft picks are at this point.

Some of us realize people got their feelings hurt and are basing their bashing purely on Cutler's rejection of us. It's like when a girlfriend rejects you horribly, you trash her and call her a bitch all day long, but you still know deep down she's hot.

Cutler needs a strong coach to do well, that much is apparent. He has a number of issues that detract from his ability to be great at the moment, physical and mental. The physical issue with diabetes will be the determining factor. Cutler will get a strong coach next year who will control him a bit better.

He could have been controlled here had the team not given up on him. Despite his tantrum he was going to report for camp. He is not unmanageable. Just headstrong and immature. Those are qualities that will ease over time.

People who make the comparisons that seemingly hurt you so deeply only do so to prove a point. The screamers who trash Cutler around here are basing their predictions of failure on purely subjective terms.

Time will tell.

steeledude
11-30-2009, 07:41 PM
This is my thoughts as well. It's about winning not stats and most franchise QBs saved maybe Fouts has taken over worst teams then Cutler has in DEN and CHI and seen the playoffs by their 2 at worst 3rd year. Cutler is now 6 games under .500

Manning went like 4-12 in year 4. So they all have ups and downs.

Meck77
11-30-2009, 07:42 PM
Jay still has cheerleaders. I don't understand but certainly can't change it. Luckily Pat Bowlen and McD realized they could capitalize on Shanny's mistake.

Atwater His Ass
11-30-2009, 07:47 PM
I think it would be unfair to compare Cutler to Manning. Manning was a top 2 pick coming from a top program. Cutler was an 11th overall pick coming from a bottom feeding program.

I think the comparison is that despite his pedigree, Manning struggled in his first 5 years and even past that, throwing many 3 and even 4 pick games. And that's without mentioning the struggles that he had in the post season.

The comparison is exactly that. People were also writing off Manning at that point in his career, similiar to what people are doing now with Cutler.

Problem is, most people are 20/20 hindsighters and would never now admit that they wrote Manning off when they did. People are also mentally incapable of seperating the Manning of now to the early years Manning.

Besides, it's much for fun for these guys to completely miss the point and think people are talking about the level of performance Manning has achieved currently and not how he was generally regarded at a similiar point in his career that Cutler is at now.

Meck77
11-30-2009, 07:50 PM
who is comparing him to manning???

They are coming out of the woodwork now. Ha!

Manning struggled. Cutler has struggled. Therefore Cutler is a Manning in the making. Hilarious!

Taco John
11-30-2009, 08:00 PM
I haven't seen anyonw say that Cutler is a Manning in the making. Just that Manning struggled for a good part of his career before he managed to finally mature enough to be the guy that he was drafted to be.

Bronx33
11-30-2009, 08:07 PM
http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/9352/cutlerdartsjpgthumb400x.jpg

The MVPlaya
11-30-2009, 09:48 PM
People do it as a way to show that great quarterbacks struggle early in their careers. Manning struggled up through year 4 with almost 30 picks. To write Cutler off as terrible or "a loser" is to ignore history. Manning isn't the only one. The fact is he can go either way, and some of us are pissed we threw away an extremely talented QB for what appears to be not much at this point. Cutler would be making a far greater impact than Orton and the draft picks are at this point.

Some of us realize people got their feelings hurt and are basing their bashing purely on Cutler's rejection of us. It's like when a girlfriend rejects you horribly, you trash her and call her a b**** all day long, but you still know deep down she's hot.

Cutler needs a strong coach to do well, that much is apparent. He has a number of issues that detract from his ability to be great at the moment, physical and mental. The physical issue with diabetes will be the determining factor. Cutler will get a strong coach next year who will control him a bit better.

He could have been controlled here had the team not given up on him. Despite his tantrum he was going to report for camp. He is not unmanageable. Just headstrong and immature. Those are qualities that will ease over time.

People who make the comparisons that seemingly hurt you so deeply only do so to prove a point. The screamers who trash Cutler around here are basing their predictions of failure on purely subjective terms.

Time will tell.

The point is - WHY MANNING? Why are we comparing Cutler to a HOF QB? Just because he's thrown INTs?

It's like comparing basketball players who miss game winning shots. You justify it by saying MJ did too? No.

Why not compare Cutler to OTHER QBs that have failed?

EVERYONE fails. EVERYONE throws early in their careers ints. Just because you do so does not MEAN you will become to the next great thing.

Seriously - I guess Mark Sanchez is the next coming of Manning/Brady/Brees combined.

Personally - I'm not saying Cutler will suck for the rest of his life. But if he continues on his path that he is on now - not being able to accept strong headed coaching, etc... he will suck forever.

YOU people are grasping on to some sort of hope of things to change outside of his control. You're excusing Cutler for his sucking due to things outside of his control, when it's easy to see Cutler is as much in control of his performance as the next person.

YOU people want to see Cutler do well for what reason? It's obviously not because of his will, desire, love of the game...?

Explain to me THAT other than you're on his balls like **** and butthole.

Bronco Yoda
11-30-2009, 09:52 PM
Three things here..

1. Does Cutler have it in himself to change? To swallow his ego and grow?

2. Will the Bears ever get a FO & Coaching staff capable of guiding such change & growth.

3. Will Cutlers health condition give him a long enough career to mature past his current limitations.

It doesn't look promising for the Cutler fanboys.

Taco John
11-30-2009, 09:57 PM
The point is - WHY MANNING? Why are we comparing Cutler to a HOF QB? Just because he's thrown INTs?

In the context of the discussion today, it went something like this:

So, basically all Cutler needs to win is this...

1. A top-ranked defense
2. A to-ranked running game
3. Very limited passing attempts
4. The best coaches in the game

That's what Brady, Manning, and for that matter, Elway needed. That's what we're going to need to get back to the top.

Really?

Wow, I must have missed Manning throwing INTs at a 4 per game clip.

Really? You missed that? I guess I shouldn't be suprised about that.

Manning had a lot of interception trouble in his early career - particularly his fourth and fifth year as a pro. Peyton Manning threw 4 INTs (http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2001112508/2001/REG11/49ers@colts) against (guess who) the San Francisco 49ers. Three weeks later, he threw 3 INTs against the Jay Fiedler Dolphins (http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2001121000/2001/REG13/colts@dolphins). Earlier that season he threw 3 INTs against the Pats (http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2001093005/2001/REG3/colts@patriots). In 2002, the Dolphins pulled 3 INTs from him (http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2002091510/2002/REG2/dolphins@colts) the Steelers pulled 3 more from him (http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2002102100/2002/REG7/colts@steelers), and the Titans pulled 3 from him (http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2002120810/2002/REG14/colts@titans).

At the time Manning detractors said it was because he couldn't handle the pressure and that he couldn't read defenses. I think it was more that he was asked to do everything on that team, and needed more support from his teammates.

Whatever the reason, it turned out that it took an elite effort from the entire team to get him over the top.

And now we have this brilliant thread... I'm not sure why this thread was need to hash this over further when the other one pretty well contained this discussion.

Popps
11-30-2009, 10:02 PM
Taco was logging serious Cutler-apology hours today, and stumbled into lumping Cutler in with Elway and Manning, as if the only thing separating Cutler from the two is the guys around him.

Taco John
11-30-2009, 10:02 PM
But to further answer the question "Why Manning?" it's because Manning struggled for half a decade before he showed real signs of "putting it together" and becoming a leader of his team. His detractors called him a bust and said he'd never win anything. They said he had all the talent and none of the brains. Basically, they said all the stuff they are saying about Cutler now.

Taco John
11-30-2009, 10:03 PM
Taco was logging serious Cutler-apology hours today, and stumbled into lumping Cutler in with Elway and Manning, as if the only thing separating Cutler from the two is the guys around him.

I have no problem admitting that I think Cutler has all the talent to be a Superbowl calibre quarterback. Just like I have never had any problem taking criticism from you for admitting that I'm a big fan of Peyton Manning.

Popps
11-30-2009, 10:04 PM
I have no problem admitting that I think Cutler has all the talent to be a Superbowl calibre quarterback.

He's got physical ability that could land him in the Hall of Fame.

He's got a 10 cent head.

So, he doesn't have the "talent" to do anything until he figures out how to be a winner.

Popps
11-30-2009, 10:05 PM
I have no problem admitting that I think Cutler has all the talent to be a Superbowl calibre quarterback. Just like I have never had any problem taking criticism from you for admitting that I'm a big fan of Peyton Manning.

**** Peyton Manning.

Taco John
11-30-2009, 10:06 PM
He's got physical ability that could land him in the Hall of Fame.

He's got a 10 cent head.

So, he doesn't have the "talent" to do anything until he figures out how to be a winner.

Yeah. That's the stuff I was talking about that they said about Manning early on. The 10 cent head part in particular. When Manning was throwing interceptions at 3 and 4 game per clip - which you admit you were oblivious to - they were saying that about him.

Bronco Yoda
11-30-2009, 10:07 PM
But to further answer the question "Why Manning?" it's because Manning struggled for half a decade before he showed real signs of "putting it together" and becoming a leader of his team. His detractors called him a bust and said he'd never win anything. They said he had all the talent and none of the brains. Basically, they said all the stuff they are saying about Cutler now.

Manning is an extreme exception to the rule don't you think.

And his thing was never being dumb or aloof but rather whiny & finger pointing.

Taco John
11-30-2009, 10:09 PM
Manning is an extreme exception to the rule don't you think.

Which rule?

UberBroncoMan
11-30-2009, 10:13 PM

Bears fans have been using it constantly.

While I think Cutler could have been something special had he been humble and truly learned from McDaniels, the concept that he's going to the HOF (which some Bear fans have even said) and is just throwing a lot of INT's like Manning is ludicrous.

This is his 4th year in the NFL and he's playing largely with the same damn people Orton did last year... and Orton was injured on top of throwing 18 TD's to 12 INT's.

Bear fans are simply in denial and will use any possible excuse necessary to keep their hope alive that Cutler is the savior of their franchise.

Popps
11-30-2009, 10:16 PM
Yeah. That's the stuff I was talking about that they said about Manning early on. The 10 cent head part in particular. When Manning was throwing interceptions at 3 and 4 game per clip - which you admit you were oblivious to - they were saying that about him.

Manning never destroyed a team's season like Cutler has done, Taco. Not like this. He's single-handedly cost his team a chance at the playoffs with idiotic INT after idiotic INT.

You're just out of your brain with this comparison, dude.

But, this from the guy who said Griese was no different than Brady... and that Bowlen was a gutless drunk for trying to improve his team. So, none of these silly takes should surprise anyone.

Taco John
11-30-2009, 10:22 PM
Manning never destroyed a team's season like Cutler has done, Taco. Not like this. He's single-handedly cost his team a chance at the playoffs with idiotic INT after idiotic INT.

You're just out of your brain with this comparison, dude.

But, this from the guy who said Griese was no different than Brady... and that Bowlen was a gutless drunk for trying to improve his team. So, none of these silly takes should surprise anyone.

I didn't actually make the comparison. I just corrected you when you said that Manning hadn't thrown INTs at a 4 per game clip.

I also never said that Griese was no different than Brady. That's a wierd distortion on your part - not suprising.

Popps
11-30-2009, 10:23 PM
1998 - In his rookie season, he passed for 3,739 yards with 26 touchdowns, set five different NFL rookie records, including most touchdown passes in a season, and was named to the NFL All-Rookie First Team.

1999 - The Colts responded by winning 11 of their remaining 12 games, finishing 133 and the AFC East champions. As the second seed in the AFC, the Colts earned a first round bye, and faced Tennessee in the play-offs. Manning finished the year with 4,135 passing yards and 26 passing touchdowns, and was named both Second-team All-Pro and to the Pro Bowl, both firsts for him.[39][53] In the Pro Bowl, he passed for 270 yards with 2 touchdowns

2000 - Manning threw for 4 touchdowns in the win and was again named AFC Offensive Player of the Week and the win gave the Colts a 10-6 record as well as a wild card spot in the play-offs.[40][58][59] In the wild card game, the Colts fell to the Dolphins, 2317 in overtime. Manning passed for 194 yards and a touchdown in the loss.[60] He finished the season with 4,413 passing yards and 33 passing touchdowns and was named Second-team All-Pro and to the Pro Bowl.[39] At the Pro Bowl, Manning threw two touchdown passes.[61][62]

Manning followed this start up with a Pro Bowl in 2002, and an MVP title in 2003.

Hey folks, that sounds just like Jay Cutler's career to date, right? These guys are a mirror image of each other, huh? I mean, the analogy just writes itself!

Hilarious!

You keep at it, Taco. It's fun to watch.

Popps
11-30-2009, 10:25 PM
I also never said that Griese was no different than Brady. That's a wierd distortion on your part - not suprising.

Of course you did. You said he was "average," and that he and Greise were basically the same guy with different supporting casts.

Or... the same silly **** you're saying about Cutler...

Taco John
11-30-2009, 10:26 PM
Don't worry, I enjoy correcting your errors.

Taco John
11-30-2009, 10:29 PM
Of course you did. You said he was "average," and that he and Greise were basically the same guy with different supporting casts.

Or... the same silly **** you're saying about Cutler...

I did say that Tom Brady was average, mostly from a physical perspective. I never said that he and Griese were basically the same guy with different supporting casts, though it's an interesting thought considering that Brady couldn't beat out Griese at Michigan playing on the same team. I don't think Griese has Tom Brady's mental toughness though.

http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/images/gallery/tom-brady-shirtless.jpg

I always like to see how distorted you make other people's takes. It's fun to have you around this forum because people like for their points of view to come across, and when you warp and distort them so badly, it turns out to be good message board fodder.

You're like the forum's fun house mirror.

uplink
11-30-2009, 10:31 PM
Cutler shouldn't be in the same breath as him.

Yeah Jay has a stronger arm than P. Manning.

Taco John
11-30-2009, 10:31 PM

He looks like he could be a poster on this forum...

azbroncfan
11-30-2009, 10:36 PM
How many picks would Jay baby throw if he was put on the team picking number one overall? The only thing Jay and Peyton have in common is they played college ball in same state.

uplink
11-30-2009, 10:37 PM
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Should compare Jay with someone more worthy and with a stronger arm ...

azbroncfan
11-30-2009, 10:39 PM
I

When did Manning struggle in his first 5 years? The only thing I can think of is winning a big playoff game but the defenses he had were as bad as the ones you guys use to defend Cutler.

Taco John
11-30-2009, 10:45 PM
When did Manning struggle in his first 5 years? The only thing I can think of is winning a big playoff game but the defenses he had were as bad as the ones you guys use to defend Cutler.

His first, fourth, and fifth year were particularly trying years. Especially that fifth year, where the Colts lost 41-0 to the Jets in the wild card round, and Manning threw for less than 50% and 2 INTs. The pundits tore him a new one that offseason.

cutthemdown
11-30-2009, 10:49 PM

Cutler made it. He said once you don't see Peyton manning or Tom Brady being mentioned in trade talks.

What he is saying is he in on the level those players on.

But I know what the poster is saying. Other people on the board have used the Manning threw picks early in career excuse for Cutler.

Like saying Cutler eventually won't throw as many, like Manning figured out.

Circle Orange
11-30-2009, 10:50 PM
'Scuse me...but who the blip was comparing Cutler to Manning? Not only are they completely different style wise, Cutler's career is just starting, to put it mildly. :kiddingme

Circle Orange
11-30-2009, 10:52 PM

He looks like he could be a poster on this forum...

Sheesh. And to think he's been hyped as hot...in my neck of the woods, you could pick your teeth with that body. I hear he fell down a bath drain last week...;)

NFL = Billion dollar meat rack.

2KBack
11-30-2009, 10:54 PM
Manning went like 4-12 in year 4. So they all have ups and downs.

you sure exaggerated a lot of stats. Manning threw 23 ints his 4th year, not 30, and went 6-10 that year, not 4-12. Of course failed to mention he still threw more TD's than Ints that year. Actually more TD's than Cutler has ever managed in a season so far. Actually he's never thrown less than 26, Cutlers career high is 25.

the comparison is dumb

Circle Orange
11-30-2009, 10:55 PM

Amusingly, these same revisionist people said Manning was an unathletic stiff coming out of college. Smart, but not instinctive. An NFL arm but not a cannon. Now everyone sits in a fluster cuck and says he's the greatest that ever played. Don't ask me what happened suddenly that made this possible.

broncocalijohn
11-30-2009, 10:57 PM
Manning took over a horrible team, Cutler did not. Cutler couldnt seem to win the big playoff game, Cutler cant even get there. That is enough in my books.

Popps
11-30-2009, 11:59 PM
you sure exaggerated a lot of stats. Manning threw 23 ints his 4th year, not 30, and went 6-10 that year, not 4-12. Of course failed to mention he still threw more TD's than Ints that year. Actually more TD's than Cutler has ever managed in a season so far. Actually he's never thrown less than 26, Cutlers career high is 25.

the comparison is dumb

Exactly...

I mean, if you ignore the fact that Manning was either rookie of the year, a Pro Bowler, a playoff QB or an MVP his first 4 years, and Cutler does nothing but throw INTs and lose big games... it's a great analogy.

They're practically the same guy!

Atwater His Ass
12-01-2009, 12:08 AM
watching TJ destroy popps just never gets old. Hilarious!

Gort
12-01-2009, 01:03 AM

Some of us realize people got their feelings hurt and are basing their bashing purely on Cutler's rejection of us. It's like when a girlfriend rejects you horribly, you trash her and call her a b**** all day long, but you still know deep down she's hot.

Time will tell.

i'm not sure, but i think you just called Cutler hot.

that's creepy.

;)

Taco John
12-01-2009, 01:13 AM
http://blogs.suntimes.com/sportsprose/cutler-magazine-cover.jpg

Hilarious!

This type of stuff cracks me up. We should all get a GQ photo spread in some publication some day. How great would that be?

Popps
12-01-2009, 01:21 AM
Manning took over a horrible team, Cutler did not. Cutler couldnt seem to win the big playoff game, Cutler cant even get there. That is enough in my books.

Just imagine walking into any sports bar in America and trying to convince any unbiased fan that Jay Cutler is on a similar career path as Peyton Manning. You'd get laughed out of the place or beat up... or both.

Honestly, it's just embarrassing to read this stuff.

Taco John
12-01-2009, 01:32 AM
Just imagine walking into any sports bar in America and trying to convince any unbiased fan that Jay Cutler is on a similar career path as Peyton Manning. You'd get laughed out of the place or beat up... or both.

Honestly, it's just embarrassing to read this stuff.

Yeah, that's what's happening here...

http://www.georgeglazer.com/archives/decarts/objects/images/funhousegeorge.JPG

The MVPlaya
12-01-2009, 04:08 AM
Like I said...

YOU people are grasping on to some sort of hope of things to change outside of his control. You're excusing Cutler for his sucking due to things outside of his control, when it's easy to see Cutler is as much in control of his performance as the next person.

YOU people want to see Cutler do well for what reason? It's obviously not because of his will, desire, love of the game, and the fact that we have the Bears pick - so WHAT IS IT?

Look @ Manning's TD's and compare that.

All/most QB's screw up in one way or another if they're thrown right in from the beginning.

You guys are drawing the WRONG parallels. Because Cutler has thrown ints, because Cutler was a dickhead and unable to accept coaching, or whatever other BAD similarities he has to MAnning does not MEAN he will be good. Is it that hard to comprehend?

Manning's road to success is his road and it doesn't mean that Cutler can follow it and he will have the same result - idiots.

If this was the case, someone should take an empire, almost go bankrupt, just so they can be like Donald Trump.

Where the **** do you guys put the logical portion of your brains?

Like I said, I'm not saying Cutler will always suck, as the future is hard to predict, especially with what info we have, but Cutler is NOT headed in the direction of Manning just cuz he throws int's with a bad attitude does not mean he's in the same path to success!

spdirty
12-01-2009, 05:57 AM
Ive seen those comparisons after his rookie year by guys like Mike Mayock who loved him coming out of college, but not since. I dont go to any bears boards so I really dont know what the hell your talking about.

jhns
12-01-2009, 08:13 AM
You guys are right. Cutler is far better than Manning and it is insulting that you would make this comparison. we should start comparing Cutler to people like Elway, who is at least on the same level as him.

azbroncfan
12-01-2009, 08:32 AM
His first, fourth, and fifth year were particularly trying years. Especially that fifth year, where the Colts lost 41-0 to the Jets in the wild card round, and Manning threw for less than 50% and 2 INTs. The pundits tore him a new one that offseason.

Of course he struggled as a rookie on the worst team in the league. Sure he threw a bunch of INT's but he set several records too. He didn't struggle in the regular season's of year 4 or 5. Maybe he played a little better than average but to say he struggled is not true. He did struggle in the playoff games but that doesn't mean he struggled all year.

HEAV
12-01-2009, 09:23 AM
Manning has only had two (2) losing seasons in his career 1998 (rookie) and 2001 a season that Mora and Peyton finally had enough of each other and Mora was let go for Dungy. Also that 2001 Colts team beat the Broncos and Griese (4 picks) to finish the season.

http://www2.indystar.com/library/factfiles/sports/football/indpls_colts/2001_season/2001.html

----

Jay Cutler has yet to have a winning season in the NFL. 8-8 is his best record in the NFL.

Jay's interception in the redzone and at end of games kills his teams.

His attitude kills the locker room.

Jay is the anti-manning.

He's gone and I'm glad! I'm glad he and Shanny are gone. I'm glad Cutler has lead the Bears to a losing record and giving the BRONCOS a top 10 draft selection! I'm glad that Kyle Orton was the toss in QB of the trade!

I'm glad to have a TEAM again and not just a fantasy football offense.

dbfan4life
12-01-2009, 09:40 AM
<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" id="60svbvjk" width="432" height="415"><param name="movie" value="http://images.video.msn.com/flash/customplayer/1_0/customplayer.swf" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#ffffff" /><param name="base" value="." /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><param name="flashvars" value="player.c=v&player.v=1615968d-0b0c-47b0-999a-b7e7d227b37c&mkt=en-us&brand=foxsports&configCsid=msnvideo&configName=syndicationplayer" /><embed src="http://images.video.msn.com/flash/customplayer/1_0/customplayer.swf" width="432" height="415" id="rat43fa5" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" pluginspage="http://macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" base="." wmode="transparent" flashvars="player.c=v&player.v=1615968d-0b0c-47b0-999a-b7e7d227b37c&mkt=en-us&brand=foxsports&configCsid=msnvideo&configName=syndicationplayer"></embed></object><noembed><a href="http://msn.foxsports.com/video?vid=1615968d-0b0c-47b0-999a-b7e7d227b37c&from=IV2_en-us_foxsports_videocentral" target="_new" title="The King and Us: Week 12">Video: The King and Us: Week 12</a></noembed>

http://msn.foxsports.com/video?vid=1615968d-0b0c-47b0-999a-b7e7d227b37c&from=IV2_en-us_foxsports_videocentral