PDA

View Full Version : Here is your NFL MVP.

azbroncfan
11-30-2009, 09:51 AM
This team reminds me of the 97-98 Broncos and this guy is playing better than he ever has and is playing at a super high level.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=112

Tombstone RJ
11-30-2009, 09:58 AM
This team reminds me of the 97-98 Broncos and this guy is playing better than he ever has and is playing at a super high level.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=112

Much like the 1996 Broncos? Yah, heartbreakers in waiting.

azbroncfan
11-30-2009, 10:02 AM
Much like the 1996 Broncos? Yah, heartbreakers in waiting.

No 97-98. Great OL, good production from WR's, best RB in league, HOF QB. The Vikings D is better than the D that denver had too.

Eldorado
11-30-2009, 10:06 AM
I can't wait for Favre's semi-annual playoff meltdown.

:popcorn:

gyldenlove
11-30-2009, 10:09 AM
It is a shame if Favre wins it, he is not even the most valuable player on that team.

Hercules Rockefeller
11-30-2009, 10:09 AM
Just beat the Bears again and I don't care if he melts down or they run the table.

azbroncfan
11-30-2009, 10:10 AM
It is a shame if Favre wins it, he is not even the most valuable player on that team.

He might not be the best player but he is playing the best and has won them a bunch of games that they would of lost with Jackson. You have to admit he is playing as well as he ever has and as good as anyone in the league.

Quoydogs
11-30-2009, 10:18 AM
He might not be the best player but he is playing the best and has won them a bunch of games that they would of lost with Jackson. You have to admit he is playing as well as he ever has and as good as anyone in the league.

I will agree to this but I will also add if AP were not there he would not look 1/2 this good. Let me ask you a question. If you were a coach and had to game plan for the threat of the team, would you game plan for Favre or AP ?

go_broncos
11-30-2009, 10:39 AM
Favre is awesome to watch..

400HZ
11-30-2009, 10:44 AM
I get every Vikings game here in North Dakota, and yes, Favre should be considered the MVP front-runner this year.

Beantown Bronco
11-30-2009, 10:50 AM
The "other" Brett (Kern) is still undefeated.... ;)

bronco militia
11-30-2009, 11:00 AM
my vote would go to Peyton Manning.....

got to hell, Brett

bpc
11-30-2009, 11:04 AM
Favre has been fun to watch this year and definitely should be in consideration.

Other two candidates being Brees and Manning. All of them are deserving as of right now.

The question is, you take one away from that team and who suffers the most? I think the Saints still score if there is another QB at the helm. I don't mean this as a slight to Brees but rather a compliment to Sean Payton's offense.

I think the Vikings are still at or around the division lead in the North without Favre, just like last season.

Without Peyton Manning, the Colts would suck. It was proven last year when he came back too early from his knee injury. He also doesn't have near the players around him that Brees or Favre have.

I think Peyton goes down as the greatest QB of all time and he would be my pick to win the MVP this season.

ohiobronco2
11-30-2009, 11:10 AM
Does Chris Johnson get any votes? He's been amazing.

azbroncfan
I will agree to this but I will also add if AP were not there he would not look 1/2 this good. Let me ask you a question. If you were a coach and had to game plan for the threat of the team, would you game plan for Favre or AP ?

Of course you would stop the run first because if you don't do that then you will lose every game. Never said AP wasn't the best player on that team but Farve is out playing him right now. Chester Taylor is no slouch either and would be a starter on a lot of teams. I would take Farve/Taylor combo this year over Jackson or Rosenfels/AP combo. The reason Farve is doing well is the teams are stacking up for the run and creating plays in the passing game which Farve is exploiting and making those plays. If it was that easy to pass because of AP then Farve would of never been signed because the other QB's have not been able to make the throws and plays in the passing game the past few years.

Broncosfreak_56
I think Brees is MVP. I have gained a lot of respect for Brett watching him this year though. His season has been unreal. I expected AD to carry the Vikings, not Favre.

azbroncfan
11-30-2009, 11:12 AM
Does Chris Johnson get any votes? He's been amazing.

This is also true and he has a legit chance at 2000 yards. Only needs 600 more in last 6 games.

Broncosfreak_56
11-30-2009, 11:13 AM
This is also true and he has a legit chance at 2000 yards. Only needs 600 more in last 6 games.

If he carries the titans into the playoffs after them starting off 0-6, then he is MVP.

Rock Chalk
11-30-2009, 11:21 AM

Both.

You ahve to gameplan for All Day, but the way Favre is playing right now if you don't at least make a valiant attempt to get in his grill and fluster him, even if you shut down Peterson the Vikings are going to kill you in the air.

oubronco
11-30-2009, 11:25 AM
my vote would go to Peyton Manning.....

got to hell, Brett

This x 1,000

Paladin
11-30-2009, 11:51 AM
He will beat the sparkies........

Flex Gunmetal
11-30-2009, 12:08 PM
Without Peyton the Colts are ~.500.

Who would be a bigger loss to the vikings, AD or Favre?

I'm not sure, so I will go with peyton.

Quoydogs
11-30-2009, 12:09 PM
Both.

You ahve to gameplan for All Day, but the way Favre is playing right now if you don't at least make a valiant attempt to get in his grill and fluster him, even if you shut down Peterson the Vikings are going to kill you in the air.

So this is the point I was trying to get at. The Vikes are a double threat, were as if you take Peyton or Brees out its over. Not saying he is not playing great ball I just think there are better candidates. I also think they need to leave the age out of it when voting, it is for the best player not the best old player. It is like he gets bonus points for being 40 and that should have nothing to do with the voting.

Gort
11-30-2009, 12:11 PM

i think Favre > AP. AP has a bad case of Knowshon disease (aka fumblitis).

PRBronco
11-30-2009, 12:12 PM
As much as I hate to say it, I think Rivers should be getting strong consideration for MVP too, he's doing as well as the other QB nominees, but with a far inferior supporting cast. Their run game is an abortion.

Quoydogs
11-30-2009, 12:28 PM
As much as I hate to say it, I think Rivers should be getting strong consideration for MVP too, he's doing as well as the other QB nominees, but with a far inferior supporting cast. Their run game is an abortion.

You should be burned, beaten and stabbed for a statement like this:oyvey:

boltaneer
11-30-2009, 12:54 PM
Rivers should get consideration but the East Coast media isn't all over him like Favre, Manning and Brees or even Brady this year.

Anyway, it's Favre's to lose at this point. He'd be my pick right now.

gunns
11-30-2009, 01:00 PM
I can't wait for Favre's semi-annual playoff meltdown.

:popcorn:

This

and this

Manning or Orton should get it. Did we not see how valuable he was when he was out?

Rock Chalk
11-30-2009, 01:13 PM
Manning and Brees are great but you people are fooling yourselves if you honestly believe those teams would suck without them.

The Colts and Saints are both playing excellent defense, and they both have loaded offenses. With or without their QBs, they would be difficult teams for anyone to beat.

You can make the case for either for MVP, you just cant use that stupid ass argument to do it.

Br0nc0Buster
11-30-2009, 01:19 PM
If Chris Johnson breaks 2000 yards he gets my vote

bpc
11-30-2009, 02:18 PM
Manning has nine 300 yd games, six 4th qtr come back victories for the Colts, and leads or is tied with both previously mentioned QB's with 24 TD passes.

The Colts offense is 1st in passing, 31st in rushing. (One dimensional)

The Colts defense is 4th in pts (personally I also give an assist to a Colts offense which is holding the ball), 16th in yds allowed, and allows over 100 yds rushing per game.

I don't care what anybody says. Manning is the engine that allows the Colts to keep winning. Not the defense, not the running game, hell, not even the coaching staff. The common denominator is Peyton. Since Manning has taken the QB reigns in Indy (12 yrs), the Colts have only failed to win 10 games or more, twice.

Peyton will end up being the greatest QB of all time after he wins another super bowl. If things continue the way they have this season, Manning should be the MVP.

rmsanger
11-30-2009, 03:03 PM
Rivers should get consideration but the East Coast media isn't all over him like Favre, Manning and Brees or even Brady this year.

Anyway, it's Favre's to lose at this point. He'd be my pick right now.

Holy contradiction Batman! Last time I checked, Minny wasn't in the eastern timezone.

400HZ
11-30-2009, 03:07 PM
Holy contradiction Batman! Last time I checked, Minny wasn't in the eastern timezone.

Brett Favre transcends time zones.
http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/madden-favre.jpg

Jerry Curl
11-30-2009, 04:27 PM
Chris Johnson, after he breaks the rushing record he'll be shoo-in.

boltaneer
11-30-2009, 04:42 PM

Well, let me clarify because IMO, the East Coast media loves pretty much everyone that isn't on the West Coast. I think the AFC/NFC West in general gets ignored because of this.

My impression is that info/stories about the NFC East/AFC East (Jets/Patriots/Parcells) and NFC North (Wherever Favre is)/AFC North (Steelers/Ravens) make up about 75% of the airwaves/radio waves. Throw in the Colts and Saints for 15% and if they have a few extra seconds leftover, they'll throw in a tiny blurb about the WC teams.

I don't really mind so much because the Eastern half of the US makes up the majority of the NFL teams and I enjoy any NFL talk but it would be nice if it were a little more balanced, especially for the better teams out here: SD, Arizona and Seattle (prior to 2008 - their Super Bowl team was so under the radar).

Bronco Yoda
11-30-2009, 05:46 PM
Favre is really having a great season but I have to say Peyton Manning for so many reasons.

Finger Roll
11-30-2009, 07:06 PM

What? Have you watched any queen games this year? He's having one of the best years ever for a qb. He's making Sidney Rice loke like Jerry Rice. 24 Td's 3 Int's with a qb rating of 112! The team is on pace for 500 plus points.

Finger Roll
11-30-2009, 07:07 PM
Chris Johnson, after he breaks the rushing record he'll be shoo-in.

no way does he win MVP unless they win out and make the playoffs. Then maybe