PDA

View Full Version : AFC Playoff teams remaining schedules...

Popps
11-29-2009, 10:00 PM
For your enjoyment...

DENVER 7-4
Dec 6 @Kansas City 1:00pm
Dec 13 @Indianapolis 1:00pm
Dec 20 Oakland 4:05pm
Dec 27 @Philadelphia 1:00pm
Jan 3 Kansas City 4:15pm

SAN DIEGO 8-3
Dec 6 @Cleveland 4:05pm
Dec 13 @Dallas 4:15pm
Dec 20 Cincinnati 4:05pm
Dec 25 @Tennessee 7:30pm
Jan 3 Washington 4:15pm

CINCINNATI 7-4
Dec 6 Detroit 1:00pm
Dec 13 @Minnesota 1:00pm
Dec 20 @San Diego 4:05pm
Dec 27 Kansas City 1:00pm
Jan 3 @N.Y. Jets 1:00pm

BALTIMORE 6-5
Dec 7 @Green Bay 8:30pm
Dec 13 Detroit 1:00pm
Dec 20 Chicago 1:00pm
Dec 27 @Pittsburgh 1:00pm
Jan 3 @Oakland 4:15pm

PITTSBURGH 6-5
Dec 6 Oakland 1:00pm
Dec 10 @Cleveland 8:20pm
Dec 20 Green Bay 1:00pm
Dec 27 Baltimore 1:00pm
Jan 3 @Miami 1:00pm

JACKSONVILLE 6-5
Dec 6 Houston 1:00pm
Dec 13 Miami 1:00pm
Dec 17 Indianapolis 8:20pm
Dec 27 @New England 1:00pm
Jan 3 @Cleveland

TENNESSEE 5-6
Dec 6 @Indianapolis 1:00pm
Dec 13 St. Louis 1:00pm
Dec 20 Miami 1:00pm
Dec 25 San Diego 7:30pm
Jan 3 @Seattle

MIAMI 5-6
Dec 6 New England 1:00pm
Dec 13 @Jacksonville 1:00pm
Dec 20 @Tennessee 1:00pm
Dec 27 Houston 1:00pm
Jan 3 Pittsburgh 1:00pm

NY JETS 5-6
Dec 3 @Buffalo 8:20pm
Dec 13 @Tampa Bay 1:00pm
Dec 20 Atlanta 1:00pm
Dec 27 @Indianapolis 4:15pm
Jan 3 Cincinnati 1:00pm

That One Guy
11-29-2009, 10:02 PM
Damn that SD schedule is disappointing. Looks like WC spot is the target now...

hookemhess
11-29-2009, 10:06 PM

It's unlikely that they lose 3 in a row...but I wouldn't be surprised if they lost to Dallas, Cincy, and Tenn (or maybe that's my VY homerism).

Hercules Rockefeller
11-29-2009, 10:08 PM
Cincy is 8-3

Denver: 3 they have to win, 1 they shouldn't and a 5th game against a team that is Jekyll and Hyde

SD- 2 wins, 2 tough games, and Tennessee

bronco militia
11-29-2009, 10:09 PM
I can easily see the bungholes collapsing and the Steelers still winning the division

ward63
It's unlikely that they lose 3 in a row...but I wouldn't be surprised if they lost to Dallas, Cincy, and Tenn (or maybe that's my VY homerism).

And if Washington can pull it together against them

Paladin
I agree. Those three games can break the sparkies, but Denver still has to win their share to get the Div or the WC......

In any case, it is neat that the Broncos are contenders for the WC after all the hullabaloo......

Hercules Rockefeller
11-29-2009, 10:12 PM
11 wins will get Denver into the playoffs.

Only 3 teams can get there besides Denver: Pitt, Baltimore, and Jax. Pitt and Baltimore have to play again, so only one of them can get to 11 and Jax is not going undefeated with Houston, Indy, and @NE left on the schedule.

s0phr0syne
11-29-2009, 10:18 PM
I'm actually quite pleased with SD's schedule too. They've got it tough @Dallas and @Tennessee. Tenn's secondary has been getting healthier and healthier, and I see SD having some trouble with Chris Johnson...I mean, what team doesn't?

Bengals have been solid on the road and will give SD a game at Qualcomm.

Finger Roll
11-29-2009, 10:19 PM
If the Broncos lose to the Chefs this week then they almost have to beat the Eagles. Even if they beat the Chefs it's a bet they don't make the playoffs at 10-6 now that the Ravens won. I think the Ravens and Steelers win 10 games each. That would not be good. I think it will come down to the Eagle game.

Popps
11-29-2009, 10:29 PM
San Diego is playing great football right now, but I wouldn't put it past Dallas/Cinci or even Washington to upset them. Unlikely, but I wouldn't rule it out by any means.

bronco0608
11-29-2009, 10:33 PM
We have to go 4-1 to get in the playoffs in my opinion. 11-5 locks it up. If we go 10-6, we probably lose a tiebreaker to either Baltimore or Pittsburgh.

4-1 at a best, 3-2 at a minimum.

10-6 for us doesn't look good.

Anybody think differently?

KevinJames
11-29-2009, 10:35 PM
^I think differently I think 10-6 will very well get us the wild card. we just have to beat the chiefs twice and the raiders once more and if we can't do that than we def don't deserve it.

Reason is Bal and Pitt still have to play each other and in order for them both to make it one of them would have to win out from here on out and the other will have to win all the games left besides the one they lose when they play each other so if they do not go undefeated leading up to their re-match one of them will miss the playoffs if we have a 10-6 record. Both teams are very inconsistent this season. Jags will fall out I am sure with their tough schedule and the other teams that could tie would not have the tie breaker over us assuming we win the remaining games against the chiefs and raiders and lose to indy and philly.

with that said I think we have a good chance of going 11-5 Philly is beatable.

basically the most important game of the season is next Sunday @KC

Br0nc0Buster
11-29-2009, 10:37 PM
I think Jax is done
But neither Pitt nor Baltimore have tough schedules left, I could realistically see one if not both of them winning out except when they play each other again

Looking at that schedule has me a little nervous now
Pitt and Baltimore both own the tiebreaker over us

Either one of them needs to lose 2 of the last 5 or we need to win 4 of the last 5

So as far as the playoffs its looking like
1. Indy
2. New England
3. San Diego
4. Cinci
5. Den/Pitt/Balt
6. Den/Pitt/Balt

bronco0608
11-29-2009, 10:38 PM
^I think differently I think 10-6 will very well get us the wild card. we just have to beat the chiefs twice and the raiders once more and if we can't do that than we def don't deserve it.

Reason is Bal and Pitt still have to play each other and in order for them both to make it one of them would have to win out from here on out and the other will have to win all the games left besides the one they lose when they play each other so if they do not go undefeated leading up to their re-match one of them will miss the playoffs if we have a 10-6 record. Both teams are very inconsistent this season. Jags will fall out I am sure with their tough schedule and the other teams that could tie would not have the tie breaker over us assuming we win the remaining games against the chiefs and raiders and lose to indy and philly.

with that said I think we have a good chance of going 11-5 Philly is beatable.

basically the most important game of the season is next Sunday @KC

Yea, you are right.

3-2 is what we need.

And all we have to do is beat Oakland and KC twice.

Come on, we can do that.

Finger Roll
11-29-2009, 10:40 PM
the key games are @K.C. and @philly.

Finger Roll
11-29-2009, 10:42 PM
Yea, you are right.

3-2 is what we need.

Come on, we can do that.

The problem is the chefs own us in Narrowhead ever since I've been alive (1976) and they beat Pittsburgh last week at home

KevinJames
11-29-2009, 10:44 PM
The problem is the chefs own us in Narrowhead ever since I've been alive (1976) and they beat Pittsburgh last week at home

but they looked like crap today, and McDaniels knows Cassel's weaknesses and how to exploit him

I expect a pretty convincing win after I seen what we did to that Giants.

Quoydogs
11-30-2009, 12:28 AM

I think we get the Eagles game. I can't wait to see Dawkins in that game. I mean he is a machine against everyone but the people that didn't think he had it, well I fill sorry for them.

I worry about KC at there home. It does not matter how much they suck they are always tough at home against us.

SJ Bronco
11-30-2009, 12:28 AM
I think we should look to win all of them (sept indy) but even if we drop next week, it's not the end of the world, but I'd like to beat all the AFC teams left on the schedule if possible. Other teams don't have hard scheduals, so the Broncos need to approach every game as a must win, cause every win will count, JIC of let downs against teams like the Raiders and Chiefs who, as bad as they are, hate us just enough to rise up and have one good day when it counts.

Pick Six
11-30-2009, 12:32 AM
Indy actually doesn't scare me. Schaub made some HORRIBLE throws in the second half, yesterday. We need to put pressure on Manning...

Hogan11
11-30-2009, 12:33 AM
I can easily see the bungholes collapsing and the Steelers still winning the division

Same here, I don't believe in them at all. I can see them losing to Minn, SD and the Jets.

I can see SD losing to Tenn, but that's it unforunately.

Balt & Pitt are real problems...the schedules are just too soft.

snowspot66
11-30-2009, 12:39 AM
Honestly I prefer our schedule to San Diego's.

Since we beat them they've won six straight with half of those games being against the Chiefs and Raiders. That will get any team feeling good about itself.

Dallas, Cincy, Tennessee, and even Washington are all looking like potentially challenging games. They only have one given game in the Browns and one they should win in Washington. The other three are going to be real tough.

We have three we should and better win, one we can win, and one where we'll need our best game to have a chance. I'm not ready to write off the Colts game yet.

UberBroncoMan
11-30-2009, 12:39 AM
Same here, I don't believe in them at all. I can see them losing to Minn, SD and the Jets.

I can see SD losing to Tenn, but that's it unforunately.

Balt & Pitt are real problems...the schedules are just too soft.

That's why I was praying for Pitt to own Balt... if Pitt had swept Balt it meant that we could actually got 10-6 and realistically make the playoffs.

Now we have to sweep the "gimmie" games vs KC/Oakland and pull out a win vs Indy/Philly (both at their house).

Unless the other teams have a meltdown, we need to finish 11-5 to make the playoffs.

10-6 won't cut it.

That Redskins loss royally ****ed us.

We win that and we're 8-3 and we can walk into the playoffs.

cutthemdown
11-30-2009, 12:44 AM

actually skins defense pretty good anything could happen
Titans playing very well
Cincy could be a tough game
At Dallas is never just an easy win IMO

Browns I agree another blow out win. Chargers could still lost a couple games though, that wouldn't surprise me.

Hogan11
11-30-2009, 12:48 AM
That's why I was praying for Pitt to own Balt... if Pitt had swept Balt it meant that we could actually got 10-6 and realistically make the playoffs.

Now we have to sweep the "gimmie" games vs KC/Oakland and pull out a win vs Indy/Philly (both at their house).

Unless the other teams have a meltdown, we need to finish 11-5 to make the playoffs.

10-6 won't cut it.

That Redskins loss royally ****ed us.

We win that and we're 8-3 and we can walk into the playoffs.

I'm not impressed by the Eagles....I think we can win there.

Popps
11-30-2009, 12:52 AM
I'm not impressed by the Eagles....I think we can win there.

Wish that game was at home, but I agree... they're beatable.

If Orton and the key defenders stay healthy, I think we could win any of these games.

Indy may even be ripe for a let-down. Unlikely, but if we bring it like we did last week, who knows.

I think the slump was overrated. Orton's injury accounted for one of those losses, and maybe two. But, I don't think we're a SB contender, either.

It's going to be very interesting.

Rohirrim
11-30-2009, 02:25 AM
Relax. We're going 5 and 0 and the Bolts are going 2 and 3. ;D

missingnumber7
11-30-2009, 07:54 AM
Wish that game was at home, but I agree... they're beatable.

If Orton and the key defenders stay healthy, I think we could win any of these games.

Indy may even be ripe for a let-down. Unlikely, but if we bring it like we did last week, who knows.

I think the slump was overrated. Orton's injury accounted for one of those losses, and maybe two. But, I don't think we're a SB contender, either.

It's going to be very interesting.

I'm with you on the Indy view. Plus McD was there when the Pats had figured Paymeaton out and I don't think he's as sharpe as he used to be. Add to that the defense has been questionable from week to week. We would have to show up and play and put together a perfect game. No settling for FG's no penalties taking us out of the red zone. Smart football and physical football. And I think we win that game, but you can say that everyweek. I just think we can gameplan for those guys just the same as we caught tendencies from Romo, Manning has them too.

But that being said...Its KC week.

gyldenlove
11-30-2009, 08:07 AM
4-1 in the remaining 5 ensures the playoffs, 3-2 may be enough depending what happens with Baltimore and Pittsburgh. Hopefully at least one of those teams implodes and we make it regardless of division standing.

bpc
11-30-2009, 08:13 AM
I think Jax is done
But neither Pitt nor Baltimore have tough schedules left, I could realistically see one if not both of them winning out except when they play each other again

Either one of them needs to lose 2 of the last 5 or we need to win 4 of the last 5

1. Indy
2. New England
3. San Diego
4. Cinci
5. Den/Pitt/Balt
6. Den/Pitt/Balt

I think it would be ironic if we have to travel back to play at SD or Cincy, both places we have won earlier in the year.

sixtimeseight
11-30-2009, 08:18 AM
I think it would be ironic

Nope.

strafen
11-30-2009, 08:59 AM
Yea, you are right.

3-2 is what we need.

Come on, we can do that.
Why are we thinking play-offs by saying we need to beat KC twice and Oakland to achieve 3 wins while conceding losses to Indy and Philly?

What kind of mentality is that?

Why do we want to make the play-offs that way?

KC and Oakland won't be in the play-offs!

If we want to make the play-offs, let it be by winning out, run the tables and go in there with some kind of serious intention to win it all.

To wish we can make the play-offs by beating crappy teams and the help of others just for the hell of being in the play-offs is stupid

If you think we're not good enough to beat Indy and Philly, then we're not a play-off caliber team

BuckinKaeding
11-30-2009, 09:50 AM
I think Jax is done

1. Indy
2. New England
3. San Diego
4. Cinci
5. Den/Pitt/Balt
6. Den/Pitt/Balt

As of right now (even if the Patriots win tonight) this is the actual current Playoff Seedings

1. Indy
2. Cincy
3. San Diego
4. New England
5. Denver
6. Baltimore

(If San Diego wins out (I'm hopeful) they will be the 2 seed).

Mountain Bronco
11-30-2009, 09:58 AM
Steelers and Ravens are the real competition as SD's schedule is soft and we lose the tiebreaker with both of them. We have to win the winnable games (KCX2 and Oak) and pull out one of the tough games against Indy or Philly on the road. 4-1 unless the Ravens take a tumble and lose against GB and Pit.

broncofan2438
11-30-2009, 10:04 AM
We have to go 4-1 to get in the playoffs in my opinion. 11-5 locks it up. If we go 10-6, we probably lose a tiebreaker to either Baltimore or Pittsburgh.

4-1 at a best, 3-2 at a minimum.

10-6 for us doesn't look good.

Anybody think differently?

Yup, thats what must happen. We MUST win 11 games or some other crazy shiat has to happen

Bronco LB52
11-30-2009, 10:53 AM
Yesterday San Diego finished their AFC West schedule by finishing 5-1.

Therefore, if Denver wants a shot at winning a head-to-head tiebreaker with San Diego for the AFC West, they must win the three remaining AFC West games on their schedule (@KC, OAK, KC) in order to finish 5-1 in the division.

bpc
11-30-2009, 11:08 AM
Yesterday San Diego finished their AFC West schedule by finishing 5-1.

Therefore, if Denver wants a shot at winning a head-to-head tiebreaker with San Diego for the AFC West, they must win the three remaining AFC West games on their schedule (@KC, OAK, KC) in order to finish 5-1 in the division.

They would then have to sport a better conference record too, right?

Bronco LB52
11-30-2009, 12:50 PM
They would then have to sport a better conference record too, right?

Winning percentage in common games trumps AFC record.

Basically, throw out New England/Indianapolis on Denver's schedule and Miami/Tennessee on San Diego's and we share 14 of 16 opponents.

TO BREAK A TIE WITHIN A DIVISION
If, at the end of the regular season, two or more clubs in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.

Two Clubs
1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
5. Strength of victory.
6. Strength of schedule.
7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
9. Best net points in common games.
10. Best net points in all games.
11. Best net touchdowns in all games.
12. Coin toss

OBF1
11-30-2009, 01:12 PM
Well Indianapolis wrapped up the AFC South yesterday, maybe they will start resting some players at this point getting them healthy for ther playoff run???

Rock Chalk
11-30-2009, 01:14 PM
Denver is going to win out, Cincy will drop 1, NE will drop 1,, SD will drop 2, Denver gets first round bye.

Book it bitches.

Br0nc0Buster
11-30-2009, 01:16 PM
Well Indianapolis wrapped up the AFC South yesterday, maybe they will start resting some players at this point getting them healthy for ther playoff run???

they havent clinched homefield yet, they will still have something to play for when we come to town

broncofan2438
11-30-2009, 01:30 PM
Denver is going to win out, Cincy will drop 1, NE will drop 1,, SD will drop 2, Denver gets first round bye.

Book it b****es.

What are you smoking? I want some!

BuckinKaeding
11-30-2009, 01:43 PM
I just found an awesome website.

When you go there, you can click on Denver and look at all the options on the left hand side you can choose from.

http://playoffstatus.com/nfl/afcstandings.html

Bronco LB52
11-30-2009, 01:44 PM

When you go there, you can click on Denver and look at all the options on the left hand side you can choose from.

Best stat:

No playoffs ---- Chiefs and Raiders > 99%

Pick Six
11-30-2009, 02:14 PM

Another menu option is "What if" scenarios. It states that if the Chiefs beat the Broncos and the Chargers beat the Browns (as expected), the Broncos' chances of NOT going to playoffs goes up to 55%. We HAVE to take care of business this week...

http://playoffstatus.com/nfl/broncoswhatif.html

ZONA
11-30-2009, 02:19 PM

Yup, and we need both of them and I think we WILL get both of them. I think we take KC twice and the Raiders again but I said a week ago the Philly game is going to be HUGE for us. We needed to lock that one away because I don't think we beat the Colts in Indy.

But the mere fact we are even having fun talking about this is great. I was truly not expecting this kind of year and even if we end up 10-6 and miss the playoffs (yes it will be disappointing) I would say it was a great year and I think better things are to come.

toad
11-30-2009, 02:27 PM
Call me doom and gloom, but I think Pitt and BAL will end up with the 2 AFC wildcard spots.

Heck, BAL very well could win out at this point and I don't think we will....even if we win 4 of the last 5 our records end up the same they get the head-to-head tiebreaker. To note, I think we lose to KC (at KC) and IND putting us at 10-6...a bad outing at PHI could put us 9-7.

PIT will likely finish 9-7 or 10-6 and, which is where I think we'll end up, and of course they own the head-to-head tiebreaker as well.

The WAS loss, I fear, is really going to come back to haunt us as that was a winnable game...crazy blown-coverage fake kick TD and our QB going down.

Bronco LB52
11-30-2009, 02:30 PM
Heck, BAL very well could win out at this point and I don't think we will

Baltimore still has to travel to Green Bay and Pittsburgh. They aren't likely to win out.

bronco militia
11-30-2009, 02:35 PM
Call me doom and gloom, but I think Pitt and BAL will end up with the 2 AFC wildcard spots.

Heck, BAL very well could win out at this point and I don't think we will....even if we win 4 of the last 5 our records end up the same they get the head-to-head tiebreaker. To note, I think we lose to KC (at KC) and IND putting us at 10-6...a bad outing at PHI could put us 9-7.

PIT will likely finish 9-7 or 10-6 and, which is where I think we'll end up, and of course they own the head-to-head tiebreaker as well.

The WAS loss, I fear, is really going to come back to haunt us as that was a winnable game...crazy blown-coverage fake kick TD and our QB going down.

I barely see the Steelers losing another game this year...

but then again, who saw them losing to the Bungholes and Chorfs.?!?! :giggle:

Archer81
11-30-2009, 02:52 PM
Would be interesting around here if the Broncos beat KC and Indi and SD loses to Dallas...a tie for the division with 3 games to go is wierd karmic influence.

:Broncos:

ludo21
11-30-2009, 04:38 PM
10 wins is a good season and probably a WC spot.

11 Wins guarantees us a spot for sure. I am scared of the Ravens and Pitt going 10-6 though, so we better get 11

Ramathorn
11-30-2009, 04:46 PM

not bloody likely. Cincy wins the division big and steelers dont make the playoffs. There is a god!

boltaneer
11-30-2009, 04:48 PM
I'll be equally shocked if Denver loses to KC or if Denver beats Indy.

Archer81
11-30-2009, 04:54 PM
Forget the WC. The division is still there to take. If the Broncos want it, winning 4 of the next 5 games puts tremendous pressure on SD to beat Dallas, Cinci, and Tenn.

boltaneer
11-30-2009, 04:57 PM
Forget the WC. The division is still there to take. If the Broncos want it, winning 4 of the next 5 games puts tremendous pressure on SD to beat Dallas, Cinci, and Tenn.

I don't think there is any added pressure. The Chargers control their own destiny not only for the division but for the #2 seed. They've historically played their best football in December under Norv. They just need to go out and take care of business like they usually do.

spdirty
11-30-2009, 05:09 PM
Think 12-4 should get us the 2nd overall seed.

BuckinKaeding
11-30-2009, 05:11 PM
I've sort of jumped the gun.

Neither the Bolts/Bengals/Pats control their own destiny for the #2 Seed.

The pivotal game is Week 15 Bengals @ Chargers

If the Bengals / Pats win out - The Bengals are the #2 seed
If the Chargers / Pats win out - The Patriots are the #2 seed
If the Chargers win out / Pats lose 1 or more games, the Chargers are the #2 seed.

This is assuming all three win out, which is very unlikely anyways.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-30-2009, 05:12 PM
If we can beat KC @ KC, and we get back to playing the kind of football we played in the first six games (which we're moving toward if the NYG game is any indication), then we can beat Indy. They've already sewn up the division, and have had some pretty close calls.

We can hang with them. And if we're close at the end, we can take them.

Bronco Yoda
11-30-2009, 05:14 PM
It's a good time to play Indy. They've already got things wrapped up.

boltaneer
11-30-2009, 05:22 PM
Week 14 is way too early to start resting players.

And I'm sure Indy remembers what happened the last time they started resting players in week 15.

Beantown Bronco
11-30-2009, 05:31 PM
This:

I've sort of jumped the gun.

Neither the Bolts/Bengals/Pats control their own destiny for the #2 Seed.

directly contradicts this:

If the Bengals / Pats win out - The Bengals are the #2 seed

The Bengals control their own destiny for the #2 seed, clearly. If they win out, it doesn't matter what anyone else does. It's theirs.

The pivotal game is Week 15 Bengals @ Chargers..................This is assuming all three win out, which is very unlikely anyways.

Very unlikely? Try impossible. How can all three win out when two of them play each other, which you just made a point of highlighting?

BuckinKaeding
11-30-2009, 05:46 PM
This:

directly contradicts this:

The Bengals control their own destiny for the #2 seed, clearly. If they win out, it doesn't matter what anyone else does. It's theirs.

Very unlikely? Try impossible. How can all three win out when two of them play each other, which you just made a point of highlighting?

Yeah it looks like I completely ****ed that up. Im not sure why, but according to that website, none of the three control their own destiny for the #2 seed, which seems odd. Shouldn't at least one team in the AFC control their own destiny for that spot?

In the same light it says that all 3 teams control their own destiny for the #3 - #6 seed, so I dont get it.

I am guessing there is a way that the Colts can **** up that will give one of those teams a chance at the #1 seed, therefore meaning they don't control their own destiny for the # 2 seed.

Beantown Bronco
11-30-2009, 05:56 PM
I am guessing there is a way that the Colts can **** up that will give one of those teams a chance at the #1 seed, therefore meaning they don't control their own destiny for the # 2 seed.

That's true. If the Colts lose 4 or more of their remaining games and Cincy wins out, Cincy would become the #1 seed.....so technically, Cincy's not locked in to the #2 seed yet.

TheChamp24
11-30-2009, 06:09 PM
DENVER 7-4
Dec 6 @Kansas City W 1:00pm
Dec 13 @Indianapolis L 1:00pm
Dec 20 Oakland W 4:05pm
Dec 27 @Philadelphia W 1:00pm
Jan 3 Kansas City W 4:15pm

Go 4-1, Finish 11-5

SAN DIEGO 8-3
Dec 6 @Cleveland W 4:05pm
Dec 13 @Dallas L 4:15pm
Dec 20 Cincinnati W 4:05pm
Dec 25 @Tennessee L 7:30pm
Jan 3 Washington W 4:15pm

Go 3-2, Finish 11-5

CINCINNATI 7-4
Dec 6 Detroit W 1:00pm
Dec 13 @Minnesota L 1:00pm
Dec 20 @San Diego L 4:05pm
Dec 27 Kansas City W 1:00pm
Jan 3 @N.Y. Jets W 1:00pm

Go 3-2, finish 11-5

BALTIMORE 6-5
Dec 7 @Green Bay L 8:30pm
Dec 13 Detroit W 1:00pm
Dec 20 Chicago W 1:00pm
Dec 27 @Pittsburgh L 1:00pm
Jan 3 @Oakland W 4:15pm

Go 3-2, Finish 9-7

PITTSBURGH 6-5
Dec 6 Oakland W 1:00pm
Dec 10 @Cleveland W 8:20pm
Dec 20 Green Bay L 1:00pm
Dec 27 Baltimore W 1:00pm
Jan 3 @Miami L 1:00pm

Go 3-2, Finish 9-7

JACKSONVILLE 6-5
Dec 6 Houston L 1:00pm
Dec 13 Miami W 1:00pm
Dec 17 Indianapolis L 8:20pm
Dec 27 @New England L 1:00pm
Jan 3 @Cleveland W/quote]

Go 2-3, Finish 8-8

[quote]TENNESSEE 5-6
Dec 6 @Indianapolis W 1:00pm
Dec 13 St. Louis W 1:00pm
Dec 20 Miami L 1:00pm
Dec 25 San Diego W 7:30pm
Jan 3 @Seattle W

Go 4-1, Finish 9-7

Denver gets in, lets look at the tiebreaker in common opponents

Denver:
KC: 2-0
Oakland: 2-0
Cincy W
Pitt L
Baltimore L
Cleveland W
Dallas W
Philly W
Giants W
Washington L

Total record: 9-3

San Diego:
KC: 2-0
Oakland: 2-0
Cincy W
Pitt L
Baltimore L
Cleveland W
Dallas L
Philly W
Giants W
Washington W

Total record: 9-3

Next tiebreaker is 4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
Denver would be: 8-4
San Diego would be: 8-4

Next tiebreaker!
5. Strength of victory.
Which I found to be calculated by doing: If two teams end with identical records, combine the records of the opponents in each of the team's wins and calculate the total winning percentage. The team whose opponents have the higher winning percentage wins the tiebreaker.

Denver:
Wins against:
Cincinnati: 11-5
Cleveland: 1-15(prediction)
Oakland: 3-13(prediction)
Dallas: 11-5(prediction)
Pats: 11-5(prediction)
San Diego: 11-5
Giants: 9-7
Kansas City: 3-13
Philly: 9-7
Combined W/L: 69-75, W% of 48%

San Diego:
Wins against:
Cincinnati: 11-5
Cleveland: 1-15(prediction)
Oakland: 3-13(prediction)
Giants: 9-7
Kansas City: 3-13
Philly: 9-7
Denver: 11-5
Washington: 5-11
Miami: 7-9
Combined W/L: 59-85, W% of 41%

Denver wins the division thanks to having better wins :sunshine:

Archer81
11-30-2009, 06:27 PM
I don't think there is any added pressure. The Chargers control their own destiny not only for the division but for the #2 seed. They've historically played their best football in December under Norv. They just need to go out and take care of business like they usually do.

True. But as last year proves, stranger things have happened.

broncofan2438
11-30-2009, 08:39 PM
It's a good time to play Indy. They've already got things wrapped up.

Theyll still smash us

Ambiguous
11-30-2009, 09:08 PM
True. But as last year proves, stranger things have happened.

While I'm with you on this, I'm not so sure I want to use last years record breaking, epic, kick in the nuts choke job as evidence for the reasoning of SD not winning the division.

As much as I hate to be making this argument, SD never falls apart at the end of the season - they are the opposite of the Broncos for the last 4 years. The Broncos have ripped my nuts off and shoved them down my throat ever since 2006... I'm not buying in to the division win. SD has consistently played lights out when it mattered (in the regular season, anyway).

Credit where credit is due, aside from Shanahan being gone I don't have a reason to believe otherwise, or maybe I'm just gun shy to buy in.

That said - prove me wrong, Denver Broncos... FOR THE LOVE OF CHRIST, ALLAH, VISHNU OR THE ****ING FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER - WHATEVER YOU A-HOLES WANT TO BELIEVE IN - PROVE ME WRONG.

HAT
11-30-2009, 09:47 PM
Denver gets the 2 seed....That is all.

JCMElway
11-30-2009, 09:54 PM

Hey, if we can pull even with the Chargers I think there's a good chance we win the tie-breaker through strength of victorys.

Rock Chalk
11-30-2009, 10:35 PM

Impossible.

If, giving your scenario, Denver goes 4-1 down the stretch, they will beat out EITHER Baltimore or Pittsburgh. You know why? Baltimore and Pittsburgh play each other again. One of them will have 6 losses. If Denver goes 4-1, they will end up with only 5 losses to the head to head wont matter.

brncs_fan
11-30-2009, 11:07 PM
Playoffs as of today:

AFC
1. Indy
2. Cincy
3. Chargers v. 6. Jags
4. Pats v. 5. Broncos

NFC
1. Saints
2. Minnesota
3. Cowboys v. 6. Packers
4. Cards v. 5. Eagles

Is anyone really interested in the NFC outside of the #1 and #2 teams?

azbroncfan
11-30-2009, 11:18 PM
I think everyone here thinks we will just win the three division games easily. I personally think that those three games are going to be a battle to the end. @ KC is always tough and Oakland has played well in Denver of late.

broncocalijohn
12-01-2009, 12:04 AM
Balt and Pitts have the easiest imo but play each other one more time. I like the fact that Cinci is looking less like an easy win compared to the beg of the year. They also have at Dallas and at Tennessee which is hot right now. Win the 3 vs Faiders and KC and playoffs can be had. Take one from Colts or Eagles and it can be a division winner. Of course, the first step is winning at Chiefs which hasnt always been easy regardless of their record.

boltaneer
12-01-2009, 12:34 AM
Balt and Pitts have the easiest imo but play each other one more time. I like the fact that Cinci is looking less like an easy win compared to the beg of the year. They also have at Dallas and at Tennessee which is hot right now. Win the 3 vs Faiders and KC and playoffs can be had. Take one from Colts or Eagles and it can be a division winner. Of course, the first step is winning at Chiefs which hasnt always been easy regardless of their record.

While what the Bengals have done this season overall has been impressive, as of late I'm not buying them as a legitimate Super Bowl contender. Losing to the Raiders and putting up 16 against the Browns? I know that was a division rivalry game but come on. The Browns are quite possibly the worst team I've seen for as long as I remember.

The NFC North started out strong but now they seem to be crashing. Flacco has come crashing back to earth. IMO, the only real threat out of that division is Pittsburgh, if they get Big Ben and Polamalu back healthy.

Dallas looks like crap recently as well and their history says they're going to fold even more this month.

The Titans are the real threat on San Diego's schedule as far as I'm concerned, especially if they knock off the Colts this week and keep building that confidence and stay red hot.

Arkie
12-01-2009, 12:36 AM
Who has the record for most regular season games against playoff teams?

cutthemdown
12-01-2009, 02:22 AM
Week 14 is way too early to start resting players.

And I'm sure Indy remembers what happened the last time they started resting players in week 15.

They just said they will continue doing that. They have always done it that way and they just announced once home field wrapped up they will sit key players. Look for no Manning in second half, no wayne after first quarter, no addia, brown instead. For sure that is what they do if they beat the Titans. Otherwise they won't until after they have home field wrapped up.

cutthemdown
12-01-2009, 02:25 AM
I think everyone here thinks we will just win the three division games easily. I personally think that those three games are going to be a battle to the end. @ KC is always tough and Oakland has played well in Denver of late.

exactly. Even teams like Chargers who are a little one lopsided to the pass could have a bad game if it got windy somewhere. You never know late in the yr. Raiders, 2 KC games, we need all 3 and it wont be easy.

Broncos best luck is for Indy to beat Titans, then rest players so we get an easy win. Maybe that Indy game wont be so tough. They are undefeated though, who knows.

Ambiguous
12-01-2009, 08:40 AM
They just said they will continue doing that. They have always done it that way and they just announced once home field wrapped up they will sit key players. Look for no Manning in second half, no wayne after first quarter, no addia, brown instead. For sure that is what they do if they beat the Titans. Otherwise they won't until after they have home field wrapped up.

You realize the Chargers have to lose to Cleveland this weekend for this to even be a possibility, right?

Popps
12-07-2009, 11:20 PM
My only concern about Baltimore is that they've got a cake schedule. If Pittsburgh folds up the tent, Baltimore could run the table.

ScottXray
12-07-2009, 11:33 PM
B-more now HAS to run the table to get to 10-6 ( thanks gb). I think Pitt wins the final game against them...and loses one more besides, meaning they both end 9-7 at best.

We take care of business in our home games and we are PAST them.
Of course thats easier said than done, and we have to really take CARE of those two games.

Win one other of the raod games, and we still have a good shot to catch the chargers.

Jax is the threat right now, but I see them at 9-7 also.

Things are starting to shape up nicely. Just play them one at a time Denver.

Popps
12-07-2009, 11:36 PM
We're in the driver's seat, but Balt really does have 3 cake games. Rather be in our position than theirs, but they've got it pretty easy schedule-wise.

But, anything can happen. Hell, we could still win the division.