PDA

View Full Version : Hines Ward or Robert Meachem

Boobs McGee
11-29-2009, 08:36 AM
Sooooo, I'm in an espn league, where the point system is based off of yards and td's, not points per reception.

Anywho, I already have vincent Jackson starting, so I'm looking for my number 2 receiver.

Ward would be my obvious choice, but right now the QB situation is ****ED in Pittsburgh, and I have no idea who dixon is or how he'll throw.

Meachem for new orleans has 4 td's on 8 catches in the last three games, but I don't know if that's an aberration or what....there going up against n.e. so I'm thinking shootout.

Any help would be great.

ALSO, on my bench I've got :
hester bears (droopyeyedemo****bag is still qb'ing, so that doesn't look great...AND, he doesn't get special teams points.)

Wallace steelers (third stringer with potential, but again getting thrown to by a third stringer against on of the better D's in the league)

Tough decisions, tough decisions.

Doggcow
11-29-2009, 09:42 AM
Ward is just so studly this year, I have Meachum as well and didn't even think twice. Start Ward every week.

Even without Ben, they'll probably be behind, and he'll get to rack up garbage points.

Doggcow
11-29-2009, 09:45 AM
Especially in a points per reception league, go Ward.

Doggcow
11-29-2009, 09:50 AM
Actually scratch that, I'm making a last second rash pull and putting Meachum in.

Boobs McGee
11-29-2009, 10:54 AM
HAHA!

That's exactly the progression I went through lol

Doggcow
11-29-2009, 11:03 AM
Well ward will probably get you like 5-10 pts, but Meachum might get you 2 or 20... lol, it's a roll of the dice play.

Boobs McGee
11-29-2009, 11:07 AM
I know, right? The main problem for me, is Baltimore's probly blitzin the effin **** out of a 3rd string qb. With my luck, Dixon turns out to be some amazing talent that just bombs downfield with precision.

Meachem's still a third option for brees, isn't he?

Dammit now I'm talking myself back into starting ward.

Boobs McGee
11-29-2009, 08:44 PM
wow. Well, a big fat oops cost me my damn game today. Going into tonight/tomorrow, I was tied.... I started ward.

He's gotten me 4 points. 4.

She's got maroney left, I think I'm toast.

****!!!!

I hope you started meachem dogcow...

Doggcow
11-30-2009, 06:59 PM
Yep I left Meachum in! Go with the quarterback!

Boobs McGee
11-30-2009, 07:32 PM
44 yds and a TD.

Nicely done

Doggcow
11-30-2009, 07:48 PM
44 yds and a TD.

Nicely done

You really could have gone with a bunch of waiver guys this week and been fine... Chambers, Garcon, Collie, Hakeem Nicks etc :P