PDA

View Full Version : The Jay Cutler pick pool...

Circle Orange
11-28-2009, 11:46 PM
I've got him down for three this week. Not expecting much more, unless a fourth comes from a deflected pass.

Also have dibs in fantasy group for his rating of 44.9. ROFL!

Gort
11-28-2009, 11:48 PM
he's playing the vikings. so, he'll be playing from behind. i expect 2 or more. and another in the L column for Frown Cannon.

:approve:

Mat'hir Uth Gan
11-29-2009, 12:00 AM
I'll go with three.

Two interceptions, and one camera shot of him picking his nose, pouting, on the sidelines.

BroncoDoug
11-29-2009, 12:05 AM
I'll say 2, Minny's secondary is beat up...

Popps
11-29-2009, 12:34 AM
I think you have to set the over under at 3.5.

A few reasons...

1. The Bears season is basically over if they lose
2. They're playing a divisional rival
3. They're playing a tough defense.

Cutler being Cutler, those are three great reasons to go in the ****ter.

He could have 3 by the half.

This might finally be the week my Hanie thread comes to actual fruition.

BroncoDoug
11-29-2009, 12:39 AM
I think you have to set the over under at 3.5.

A few reasons...

1. The Bears season is basically over if they lose
2. They're playing a divisional rival
3. They're playing a tough defense.

Cutler being Cutler, those are three great reasons to go in the ****ter.

He could have 3 by the half.

This might finally be the week my Hanie thread comes to actual fruition.

It also might not be by choice. The bears O Line is terrible and Jared Allen might have knocked Cutler out by the half anyway...

UberBroncoMan
11-29-2009, 01:07 AM
If Cutler can throw 3-5 INT's... hell if he throws 2 and can hit 20 INT's on the year I will be happy.

I really want to see an epic meltdown though. I want him to be at 23 and somehow hit 30 for the season.

I just ****ing hate Chicago sports fans. I want to see them crushed after all their **** talk about how Cutler meant they were a Super Bowl team yada yada. I also want a really high draft pick that we can trade down for some extra picks.

UberBroncoMan
11-29-2009, 01:11 AM
It also might not be by choice. The bears O Line is terrible and Jared Allen might have knocked Cutler out by the half anyway...

Thing though is... look at the Packers. You want a PATHETIC O-line there you have it. Then look at Aaron Rodgers production. Yeah he has two good WR's and an ok TE.

Cutler has a better TE though.

Rogers is already nearing 50!!! sacks on the season and he still has a QB rating over 100, and a mere 5 INT's.

Rogers has 44 sacks to Cutler's 20 (and Rogers is just as mobile as Cutler).

http://www.nfl.com/players/aaronrodgers/profile?id=ROD339293

http://www.nfl.com/players/jaycutler/profile?id=CUT288111

Seriously compare and contrast.

Rogers is the poster boy of sitting in the back LEARNING, being HUMBLE, and REFINING his mechanics.

Gort
11-29-2009, 01:33 AM
Rogers is the poster boy of sitting in the back LEARNING, being HUMBLE, and REFINING his mechanics.

ummm... in case you haven't heard, Canton is already working on the Jay Cutler wing for Cutler's inevitable induction.

Jay's a franchise QB, so they tell me.

Jay doesn't need to learn anything from lesser mortals, because his arm is stronger than Hercules and he locks on to his primary receiver with a speed that Mercury would envy.

OBF1
11-29-2009, 01:40 AM
2 int's and a face full of turf from the sacks he will be taking. I am with Mock on this game, Go Vikings :)

Popps
11-29-2009, 02:27 AM
http://coto2.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/dr-evil2.jpg

ColoradoDarin
11-29-2009, 04:44 AM
2 picks and a fumble on a Jared Allen sack.

GreatBronco16
11-29-2009, 07:56 AM
I have a feeling that ****ler won't finish this game, and I don't think it will be for his lack of production either.

baja
11-29-2009, 09:21 AM
I think Cutler will have such an outstanding game today he will make first ballot HOF on this game alone.

Bronx33
11-29-2009, 09:29 AM
2 and a fumble.

NYBronco
11-29-2009, 09:29 AM
The "franchise" will have 2 picks and 2 others that should have been.

TonyR
11-29-2009, 09:38 AM
Interesting article from Dan Pompei in the Chi Trib today:

...maybe the Bears tackles haven't been as bad as they have been portrayed. Read more below.

Numbers games Sacking the sack theory

Many of Cutler's performance issues this season have been attributed to the "unreasonable" amount of pressure he has been under. But the numbers tell a different story.

Cutler has been sacked 20 times in 10 games this season. But 13 quarterbacks have been sacked as many times or more.

Among the quarterbacks who have been sacked as much or more who have performed considerably better are Brett Favre (21 sacks), Aaron Rodgers (44), Tony Romo (25), Donovan McNabb (22), Ben Roethlisberger (29) and Philip Rivers (20).

Let's look at it another way. Cutler has been sacked on 4.9 percent of his dropbacks. There are 22 quarterbacks who have started the majority of their team's games who have been sacked on a greater percentage. Among them are Favre, Rivers, McNabb, Roethlisberger, Carson Palmer and Joe Flacco.

It is possible for a quarterback to avoid sacks but still get hit an inordinate amount of times. But that does not appear to be the case with Cutler either.

In fact, Cutler has been hit at a lesser rate than the other quarterbacks in the NFC North -- once every 7.1 attempts excluding sacks. Lions quarterbacks have been hit once every 6.6 attempts, Favre 6.3 and Rodgers 5.7.

What we can determine is Cutler is not accustomed to all the pressure. Last year with the Broncos, he was sacked only 11 times.

Thirty quarterbacks were sacked more.

So if Cutler's performance has been inordinately affected by pressure, it may have more to do with Cutler than his blockers.

Comprehend the trend Blocking not all that's missing from run game Most critics lay most of the blame for the Bears' inability to run on the offensive line, and there is no question the run blocking has been inadequate.

But Matt Forte also has not helped himself very much. Forte has broken only five tackles this season, according to STATS. That is tied for 23rd in the NFL.

Read the whole thing here: http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-29-pompei-bears-essentials-nov29,0,2760859,full.column

broncocalijohn
11-29-2009, 11:27 AM
make a poll. I was going to do this today but this is already up. Screw it, you failed Circle. I have him for 3.

Williams
11-29-2009, 02:43 PM
If Cutler can throw 3-5 INT's... hell if he throws 2 and can hit 20 INT's on the year I will be happy.

Got your 20 already :rofl:

Bronx33
11-29-2009, 02:51 PM
all i need is a cutler fumble and i rule!!

Orange4Life
11-29-2009, 02:55 PM
I want to change my vote from 2 to 5. I think the second half looks very promising for picks!!!!

Kaylore
11-29-2009, 02:58 PM
Interesting article from Dan Pompei in the Chi Trib today:

...maybe the Bears tackles haven't been as bad as they have been portrayed. Read more below.

Numbers games Sacking the sack theory

Many of Cutler's performance issues this season have been attributed to the "unreasonable" amount of pressure he has been under. But the numbers tell a different story.

Cutler has been sacked 20 times in 10 games this season. But 13 quarterbacks have been sacked as many times or more.

Among the quarterbacks who have been sacked as much or more who have performed considerably better are Brett Favre (21 sacks), Aaron Rodgers (44), Tony Romo (25), Donovan McNabb (22), Ben Roethlisberger (29) and Philip Rivers (20).

Let's look at it another way. Cutler has been sacked on 4.9 percent of his dropbacks. There are 22 quarterbacks who have started the majority of their team's games who have been sacked on a greater percentage. Among them are Favre, Rivers, McNabb, Roethlisberger, Carson Palmer and Joe Flacco.

It is possible for a quarterback to avoid sacks but still get hit an inordinate amount of times. But that does not appear to be the case with Cutler either.

In fact, Cutler has been hit at a lesser rate than the other quarterbacks in the NFC North -- once every 7.1 attempts excluding sacks. Lions quarterbacks have been hit once every 6.6 attempts, Favre 6.3 and Rodgers 5.7.

What we can determine is Cutler is not accustomed to all the pressure. Last year with the Broncos, he was sacked only 11 times.

Thirty quarterbacks were sacked more.

So if Cutler's performance has been inordinately affected by pressure, it may have more to do with Cutler than his blockers.

Comprehend the trend Blocking not all that's missing from run game Most critics lay most of the blame for the Bears' inability to run on the offensive line, and there is no question the run blocking has been inadequate.

But Matt Forte also has not helped himself very much. Forte has broken only five tackles this season, according to STATS. That is tied for 23rd in the NFL.

Read the whole thing here: http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-29-pompei-bears-essentials-nov29,0,2760859,full.column

Shut up! Just shut up! Cutler is awesome and McDummy and Bowlen lied to him and he was justified behaving like a child because he's awesome and his arm is big and it gives me wood when he throws picks and jsut SHUT UP CUSE ORTON SUKS AN CRIS SIMMS IS AWESOME AND I HATE YOU AND I KNOWS FUTBAL BETR NURRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GreatBronco16
11-29-2009, 03:05 PM
Shut up! Just shut up! Cutler is awesome and McDummy and Bowlen lied to him and he was justified behaving like a child because he's awesome and his arm is big and it gives me wood when he throws picks and jsut SHUT UP CUSE ORTON SUKS AN CRIS SIMMS IS AWESOME AND I HATE YOU AND I KNOWS FUTBAL BETR NURRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rofl:

Miss I.
11-29-2009, 03:14 PM

Honey, are you off your meds again? Tell wife #1 she better keep an eye on you. ;D

HEAV
11-29-2009, 03:23 PM
New stat of the day Rex Grossman threw 20 interceptions in 16 games during 06 season. Cutler has 20 in 10.5 games.

From Adam Schefter-Twiter

Kaylore
11-29-2009, 03:31 PM
Honey, are you off your meds again? Tell wife #1 she better keep an eye on you. ;D

Maybe so...

TonyR
11-29-2009, 03:33 PM
New stat of the day Rex Grossman threw 20 interceptions in 16 games during 06 season. Cutler has 20 in 10.5 games.

That's good stuff. Schefter getting a shot in. Cutler is fast becoming a punchline.

Bronx33
11-29-2009, 03:47 PM

From Adam Schefter-Twiter

rastaman: but but but it's his aweful OL !!!!! cutler is a warrior I TELL YA!!! A WARRIOR!!!

Bronx33
11-29-2009, 03:50 PM
Some bearsfans understand whats going on:

chicagojoe13:
ImpalaSS:
Wow this is getting ugly the bears will be 4-7 and the broncos have there first round pick which if the season ended after today would be the 7th pick overall.......

At least we still have the 2nd round pick! .....oh wait a second we don't.

Doesn't it stink that this is a terrible team and they have no 1st or 2nd round picks to get some young players in here?

This organization is in big trouble.

You're right...

We better get used to a decade of losing...

Ambiguous
11-29-2009, 05:03 PM
Good chance the Bears go 6-10 this year, looks like a top ten pick is almost locked up at this point.

Edit oops wrong thread.

Circle Orange
11-29-2009, 05:12 PM
make a poll. I was going to do this today but this is already up. Screw it, you failed Circle. I have him for 3.

LOL, I got clipped on that recovered fumble...it would have been as good as a third pick!

Circle Orange
11-29-2009, 05:13 PM
That's good stuff. Schefter getting a shot in. Cutler is fast becoming a punchline.

Except they still can't get over Rex. Sheesh, even Schefter comes across like a jealous ex sometimes.

rastaman
11-29-2009, 05:24 PM
rastaman: but but but it's his aweful OL !!!!! cutler is a warrior I TELL YA!!! A WARRIOR!!!

Bronx33....gotta agree with ya. Like you, I'm still waiting for Cutler to block a lot better to open up holes for Matt Forte to run thru. On a few occasions Culters run blocking has improved he just isn't consistent enough. I'm sure McD could have really helped Jay out in that area.

As for Jay throwing passes to himself b/c his WR's are mediocre at best.....he's soon improvement in that area as well, however the only problem there is that he keeps throwing interceptions....boy what a piece of work this Cutler guy is.

Lastly, Cutler was also traded to the Bears b/c of his ability to play both offense and defense. Cutler swore up and down that he's the answer on Defense b/c of his ability to rush the QB and stop the run.

Cutler is just being paid way too much money and he's not delivering! Its all Joshua McDaniel's fault.....he shouldn't have tried to trade Cutler for Cassel, and Bowlen shouldn't have given McD the green light to entertain the possibility of trading Cutler for Cassel.:peace:

BlaK-Argentina
11-29-2009, 05:27 PM
The guy needs to go to the bench for a while. Ala Vince Young. He's playing like absolute crap.

Circle Orange
11-29-2009, 05:35 PM
Bronx33....gotta agree with ya. Like you, I'm still waiting for Cutler to block a lot better to open up holes for Matt Forte to run thru. On a few occasions Culters run blocking has improved he just isn't consistent enough. I'm sure McD could have really helped Jay out in that area.

As for Jay throwing passes to himself b/c his WR's are mediocre at best.....he's soon improvement in that area as well, however the only problem there is that he keeps throwing interceptions....boy what a piece of work this Cutler guy is.

Lastly, Cutler was also traded to the Bears b/c of his ability to play both offense and defense. Cutler swore up and down that he's the answer on Defense b/c of his ability to rush the QB and stop the run.

Cutler is just being paid way too much money and he's not delivering! Its all Joshua McDaniel's fault.....he shouldn't have tried to trade Cutler for Cassel, and Bowlen shouldn't have given McD the green light to entertain the possibility of trading Cutler for Cassel.:peace:

Doesn't his cannon arm account for anything?

hookemhess
11-29-2009, 09:12 PM
So how many picks on the year.... 23? 24? 25?

Lev Vyvanse
11-29-2009, 09:25 PM
So how many picks on the year.... 23? 24? 25?

Are you high? He has 20 with five games to play. He will have 30+ picks this year.

hookemhess
11-29-2009, 09:30 PM
Are you high? He has 20 with five games to play. He will have 30+ picks this year.

Ah, 2/game is highly unlikely. He shouldn't throw any next week against Cleveland... and he might not throw any against Detroit. But the Ravens & Vikings are sure to draw some INTs.

I'm calling it..... 25. TD/INT of 22/25.

Lev Vyvanse
11-29-2009, 09:35 PM
30+ he will never quit.

OBF1
11-30-2009, 01:15 AM
2 int's and a face full of turf from the sacks he will be taking. I am with Mock on this game, Go Vikings :)

Winner winner chicken dinner :thumbs:!Booya!

rastaman
11-30-2009, 06:21 AM
Doesn't his cannon arm account for anything?

It depends on the quality of your WR's. Imagine the comments Royal and Marshall are making having to run routes for Noodle Arm Orton....can't be too pleasant.

barryr
11-30-2009, 06:27 AM
The Cutler fans told us all that not having a good OL or great WR's was not a problem for their hero golden boy Cutler before the season started, now are quick to use them as excuses. So Cutler completely underthrowing Knox in the end zone was Knox's fault? Ok. Cutler throwing passes right to defenders because he's forcing them into coverage is the WR's and OL's fault? Ok. The playcalling I'm sure isn't good enough either for the Cutler fans. Amazing how nothing is his fault, it's just everyone else. Hey, that soinds just like Jeff George. Now that's someone to emulate.

sutoazul
11-30-2009, 07:00 AM
Is it just me or was Jay holding on to the ball at the end of the game more than his usual playing ways? I think he's getting to a point that he's listening to people when they say not to try make more out of nothing. That means he doesn't trust his receivers or he's thinking about that INT column that keeps getting bigger and bigger.
It might affect his confidence in his abilities.