PDA

View Full Version : Any news on injuries?

UboBronco
11-28-2009, 05:00 PM
I just got home from traveling for the holiday, and they stated during the game that Eddie Royal was hurt, and it looked as if Knoshown was also injured.

I am hoping they are only minimal, but have not seen any news. What is the scoop.

Thanks

mr007
11-28-2009, 05:02 PM
Pretty sure Eddie's was a thigh bruise and Moreno's was a hand, Moreno was about to go back into the game and Eddie was seen warming up on a bike so most likely neither are serious.

cutthemdown
11-28-2009, 05:03 PM
I was wondering about Moreno and Ryan Harris mostly. IMO Royal isn't missed as much because Broncos deep at WR. Also Broncos can get Scheff more involved etc.

Moreno and Buck though the only real option at tailback so that one worries me.

Also we were down to Gorin after Polumbus went down so we could use a return of harris ASAP.

BroncoDoug
11-28-2009, 05:05 PM
they said if the game was on sunday Harris should play, so I expect him back for KC. Moreno went back in the game after he hurt his hand, so he is fine. and I don't think Eddie's injury was anything serious, so I expect him to be fine for KC also.

BMarsh615
11-28-2009, 05:13 PM
Also we were down to Gorin after Polumbus went down so we could use a return of harris ASAP.

Gorin only played 5 or 6 snaps and Polumbus went back in. I think Polumbus just had a stinger.

I think Polumbus played like a stud filling in for Harris and our running game seemed to pick it up with him in there.

gyldenlove
11-28-2009, 05:27 PM
Gorin only played 5 or 6 snaps and Polumbus went back in. I think Polumbus just had a stinger.

I think Polumbus played like a stud filling in for Harris and our running game seemed to pick it up with him in there.

Polumbus looked pretty weak in the first games, but against the Giants who normally have a strong defensive line he was great. He gave Orton plenty of time and looked good in run blocking. I think it is one of the deals where it just takes a few weeks to get used to the speed and the communication and knowing where everybody will be.

cutthemdown
11-28-2009, 05:30 PM
I mostly noticed Giants defense just looking not like its old self.

Hogan11
11-28-2009, 06:51 PM
I thought I heard that Larsen was injured towards the end of the Giants game as well...any truth to that?

UberBroncoMan
11-28-2009, 07:05 PM
Polumbus looked pretty weak in the first games, but against the Giants who normally have a strong defensive line he was great. He gave Orton plenty of time and looked good in run blocking. I think it is one of the deals where it just takes a few weeks to get used to the speed and the communication and knowing where everybody will be.

Yeah. The Chargers flat out OWNED him.

Then again they owned the entire team that game.

fontaine
11-28-2009, 07:52 PM
Polumbus has been okay as a backup but he's sucked in the run game overall. His footwork in space has sucked and mostly you just see him lurch towards defenders and almost always fall at their knees hoping to block them out but unsuccessfully.

We badly need Harris back.

LongDongJohnson
11-28-2009, 09:36 PM
i know woodyard hurt his neck. hopefully he will be fine.

houghtam
11-28-2009, 09:51 PM
moreno and buck though the only real option at tailback so that one worries me.

no hillis is good.

uplink
12-01-2009, 11:21 PM
Pedescleaux, Everette (http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=498&contentID=9891)injured and Lance Ball signed to Pratice Squad last month.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

ZONA
12-01-2009, 11:27 PM
no hillis is good.

yeah, because running over guys is such a bad thing...........dork

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3ZGUpWxDo6A&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3ZGUpWxDo6A&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

outdoor_miner
12-01-2009, 11:31 PM
Not sure if this was posted elsewhere, but looks like Woodyard is the only one missing practice:

http://gazettebroncos.freedomblogging.com/2009/12/01/broncos-getting-healthier/1945/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

The injury news looks pretty good for the Broncos heading into the final five games of the season. Only one player, linebacker Wesley Woodyard, was not present during the media availability period of practice today. Offensive tackle Ryan Harris, who has missed four games with a toe injury, was practicing. So was receiver Eddie Royal, who missed the second half of last Thursday's game with the Giants with a thigh injury.

Woodyard suffered a neck injury against the Giants, but was in the locker room today and Broncos coach Josh McDaniels said no player has been ruled out of this week's game.

"Nobody that I know right now," McDaniels said.

Play2win
12-02-2009, 06:08 AM
Offensive tackle Ryan Harris, who has missed four games with a toe injury, was practicing. So was receiver Eddie Royal, who missed the second half of last Thursday's game with the Giants with a thigh injury.

"Nobody that I know right now," McDaniels said.

GAME ON!!! :militia: